SpamTitan does not have a free version but does offer a free trial. SpamTitan paid version starts at US$1.27/month.
Alternatives to SpamTitan
Proofpoint Email Protection
McAfee Network Security Platform
MimeCast Email Security
- Industry: Computer & Network Security
- Company size: 2–10 Employees
- Used Daily for 1+ year
Versatile spam/av filter for reasonable price
It is great. Good software for a modest price tag: not too expensive but not too cheap so they are able to cover support and pay support engineers with qualities. It works as expected.
The ease of setup, the integration of Bitdefender sandbox, the punctuality of the spamfilter - after training -, the user quarantine, price tag, fast and quality(!) support. The quality of the checks and inclusion of bitdefender is a big extra. And I have to mention the support again: once we ran into a problem updating the software at a customer the speed of response and willing to help and solve the issue for us analyzing the system, etc was great ( The problem caused by our fault as we gave too few resources to the VM because we waited for more RAM to the virtual hosts and didn't upgrade the settings when we had enough resources again to run all workloads.) Support was willing to recover the system to be fully functional with a remote help.
Looking for logs about a specific message could be easier. While it's great and usable for an experienced admin this is a bit tedious for Level 1 support guys. However, there's a detailed description/howto page which covers all the details (https://helpdesk.spamtitan.com/support/solutions/articles/175885-using-history). I just mean that could be easier to follow a message and look for all occurrences in the logs.
Reasons for Choosing SpamTitanPerformance, punctuality, user interface and features.
Reasons for Switching to SpamTitanPrice/features value.
- Industry: Construction
- Company size: 51–200 Employees
- Used Daily for 1-5 months
Excellent Cloud based Spam filter for Office 365 Email
It has been pleasant doing business with SpamTitan. There sales team was low pressure, when I inquired with them they got back to me right away, they provided a live demo of the product, and they offered a free commitment free trial period so that we were able to directly compare it to our old spam filter solution before making a purchase.
Price is extremely reasonable for the service they provide. The competition has slightly more features but they offer them at 3 - 5 times the cost per user, which is in no way justifiable for the benefit (if any). Very easy to setup and offers great flexibility in how emails are filtered for different users.
One feature that is currently missing that our previous spam filter solution had was the ability to whitelist and blacklist email address and domains directly from the mail history report.
Alternatives ConsideredBarracuda Email Security Gateway
Reasons for Choosing SpamTitanOur Barracuda was a physical email filter from when we hosted email on our own server. It was aging out and SpamTitan offered a spam solution that was a fraction of the price of Barracuda's own cloud service.
Switched FromBarracuda Email Security Gateway
Reasons for Switching to SpamTitanPrice was the biggest factor. SpamTitan offered the best per user rate for a product that meets our needs.
- Industry: Information Technology & Services
- Company size: 11–50 Employees
- Used Daily for 6-12 months
Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend.
Spam is removed.
Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.
The following lets it down:
1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better.
2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured but had no idea Spam Titan was blocking it.
3. It can fail to deliver to the endpoint mail server, but doesn't report whether the email was successfully delivered or not just that it passed or didn't pass the spam listing, you have to go into the actual email and look at the headers.
4. Would be nice if there was a encrypted SMTP relay too that could scan email going out. Haven't had a compromised laptop or email account but could see how this would help.
Response from TitanHQ
Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows:
1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report.
2. All mail that connect to SpamTitan will be reported on in the Reporting > History tab. Along with all headers.
3. If a mail is passed to the mail server this will be shown on the Reporting > History tab. Along with the SMTP response the Mail Server provided.
4.SpamTitan will filter all outbound mail and can have TLS enabled for encrypted traffic.
We're constantly developing and trying to improve SpamTitan Conor, thanks again for the great feedback
- Industry: Computer Networking
- Company size: 201–500 Employees
- Used Daily for 1+ year
Great anti-spam solution
Lots of features, really easy to install, support is fast to answer
Some features are not easy to deploy / use, documentation helps, but could be more complete, at least support is friendly and fast to respond
Alternatives ConsideredZerospam and Barracuda Email Security Gateway
Reasons for Choosing SpamTitanMostly price, Zerospam was not cheap to run
Reasons for Switching to SpamTitanFeatures / Price
- Industry: Media Production
- Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
- Used Daily for 1-5 months
Our Experience Installing and Using Spam Titan
The Spam Titan team have been brilliant, all the way through from initial contact to our engagement with support during initial configuration, they bent over backwards to be helpful.
Support engagement is good, with very rapid responses to calls we submitted initially.
The product was really easy to setup and is intuitive.
It basically does exactly what it is supposed to once setup and we have not experienced any issues with the product other than from our side setting up the various bits of DNS txt correctly :-)
As expected it takes a while to learn our email patterns so initially there were some delays with some inbound emails due to Grey-listing as it waited for resends to recognise good email, this was improved by playing with initial grey list settings.
Overall we are very happy with the product and we have had no complaints from any users, which is always a plus.
At this point there are no parts of the product that we are unhappy with.