About ConexED

ConexED is a cloud-based solution designed to assist students and faculties at higher education institutions and small to midsize businesses with appointment scheduling, video meeting and team communication. Features include...

Browse ConexED Reviews

Laura

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Cranium cafe

This system addressss accreditation needs and they model the service by having the green light on and being able to knock on someone’s door anytime you need help.

Pros

In the world of online learning ConexED replicates the face to face “knock on the door” experience.

Customer service is superior.

Cons

Early adopters take to it easy, those that are late adopters defer to a phone if any questions/challenges arise

Alan
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Customizable but sometimes bulky virtual classroom software

When Covid first hit and everyone was forced to switch to virtual platforms, the software was very unstable which was understandable due to the drastic increase in users. This led us to go with another temporary option to ensure we could provide a service to our clients. We knew that we would eventually go back to ConexED as it had more functionality for what we needed. We are glad to have came back and our sessions are better than ever.

Pros

A lot of communication and interaction features that fit a wide variety of needs.

Cons

Bulky interface compared to other common virtual classroom software.

Kaycee

Campus Calibrate Review

I appreciate rep's and also the team's attentiveness in addressing issues and concerns, in a prompt and pleasant manner.

Pros

I really like the feature that texts students a reminder prior to their appointment. I also like the fact that students receive a confirmation e-mail, confirming their appointment, right when they make it.

Cons

It was a steep learning curve when they first launched in January this year. There were many features that it lacked and there were serious glitches. I still do not like the fact that counselors must refresh their page multiple times a day, in order to see any same-day updates. The page should reload automatically. Also, sometimes the system times out or you need to refresh the page manually to see updates.

Top ConexED Alternatives

Colette

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

ConexEd aka Cranium Cafe

My experience has been positive, it took some time as it was a bit of a learning curve but after looking around in the software and clicking all the tabs & possibilities I feel I am quite savvy now!

Pros

Real time possibility to communicate with our students to better serve them especially during the pandemic

Cons

Some glitches like multiple chat boxes occur despite setting your card to appear Busy!

Highly Recommended

There customer service is amazing. They are quickly available, willing to listen to ideas, and fix issues quickly.

Pros

ConexEd is extremely customizable in order to meet the needs of individual campuses. It provides open access to students to reach college services remotely, and decreases manual work required to track students and provide services. We have been able to use this for advising appointments, online chat to answer questions, advise students in other states, and to register students for New Student Orientation. It is a one stop shop that meets the majority of our needs. On the administrative side I can easily capture data to report out to leadership the work we are doing as a department. On the student side it is self explanatory and requires little explanation and we have gotten extremely positive feedback on its use. The system has a lot of automated features such as email, text reminders, google synch, and customized office hours to allow for advisors to focus their time on advising students.

Cons

ConexEd is great about working on any recommendations or building in features we may need. The only issue I have is that sometimes we have so much data that the system will not quickly provide it and on occassion I will need to reach out to the organization to pull the data for me.

Melody

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Off to an amazing start!

Excellent. Service stands out way above the rest. In my job I have to work with several application vendors, and the experience with ConexEd has been the best thus far. Super responsive with a "try to get to yes" attitude with any issue that comes up. I wish more products would have such a strong and responsive support structure like ConexEd!

Pros

Very easy to use with a modern interface that end users desire. Customer service team is incredible, with fast response times. The pricing for the product was transparent and showed how it paid for itself on the quote. Great team.

Cons

Only wish it could do more! It is a GREAT product, but not there yet to completely replace our other product that also does case management as well as early alert flags and kudos. Would love to be able to walk away from the other product completely... right now it feels redundant to have both - but I get a lot of complaints about the other product. End users wish we could completely switch to ConexEd for case management and early alert functions (with LMS integration).

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Great product for academic advisors!

Overall I really really like working with ConexED and their product! Everyone is quick in responding to any issues.

Pros

I love how students can use this product for all scheduling every type of meeting with me: in person, phone, or video. It even allows chat. It's all in one place and the appointments sync with my calendar so it blocks appointment times if I am unavailable. I also love the intake forms students complete when they make an appointment so I know how to prepare for each student.

Cons

Sometimes there is glitches in the system and students make appointments for themselves and not with me. One time a student got a text message a day early. However, several times the error may be the student not understanding how the software works.

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Loving Cranium Cafe

Our representative is the best. She is always available if I or my colleagues have questions.

Pros

I love that it gives my students another option to have counseling sessions with me. I work with a population of students who do have access to computers and the internet but may not be able to drive down to the college for an appointment. We are in a rural area and people work so fitting in a counseling appointment at a convenient time for them over cranium cafe has been great.

Cons

I wish we could change the size of the font on the whiteboard.

Ken

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Great for the counseling space

Pros

It's really easy to use, being able see someone's availability and schedule appointments 24/7 is very helpful for students, and it can reduce the workout on the counseling office as they will no longer need to schedule every student appointment or simply check availability for students. The session is intuitive, it's very easy to sign in using SSO, and there is minimal training needed in order to effectively use the platform.

Cons

There are some limitations in ConexED, but those mostly center around the product not being in the same space as some of the other virtual meeting software products. It isn't designed to do everything, and knowing that makes it a non-issue, but it is not as full-featured as some other products.

Janis

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

Useful software for schools

Overall it is pretty easy for college students to navigate.

Pros

I like the different features and functionality that this software provides. The appointment feature is very useful to have and it works out for different college department during the transition to online learning. I also like the personal card features which allows us to reach others when they are available.

Cons

This software often have multiple glitches -- hoping that it could be fixed. Moreover, it is not easy to contact the customer service.

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

Campus Calibrate for a large counseling office

Using Campus Calibrate is taking some getting used to. The staff at ConexEd have been incredibly helpful and accommodating to our staff and faculty to help us get Campus Calibrate up and running. We are a large department with 50-60 counselors/advisors, and I sometimes think that this software isn't built to show more than 5-8 schedule in a comfortable view. They have made many updates and fixes to help our appointment processes run smoothly. We appreciate all their efforts and assistance!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it's web based, so it can be easily logged into from home and in the workplace. I feel this makes staff more accountable when they are out of the office, so they can check their schedule and make changes if last-minute meetings come up, conferences, etc.

Cons

If a counselor has appointments in more than one subgroup, it would be nice to see their entire schedule across the subgroups that they're associated with. It's a feature that does not work all the time.

A report that can easily be accessed when a counselor is out ill, that shows their appointments for the day. Right now we have to click on each individual appointment to see the student's contact information.

When students select appointment times after selecting a reason code and date of appointment, they are still confused as to whom the appointment is with. The time of the appointment is more visible than the counselor's name.

The time to load/refresh each subgroup is between 15-20 seconds, which can be inconvenient when trying to help a student over the phone.

Yesenia

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

ConexED is the best

I really enjoy using ConexED, I still use it today but since we did a switch to penji. I only use it for customer service chatting with students and its very helpful to have something reliable such as ConexED.

Pros

The features are great. Instant chat available, calendar events, scheduling appointments was easy to use.

Cons

There would like a glitch when clicking on a section and I had to click on it twice to get to the actual page.

Judy

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

Great product but needs improvement

I find the product to be easy to use and find that any issues we may have, we can contact the staff who are more than willing to listen and provide us with feedback.

Pros

It is web-based and it is fairly easy to use--as long as the user (student) reads the instruction. There are a lot of great features such as captioning and camera to interact with the student. I also like the shared screen for both the moderator and the students.

Cons

There are some unnecessary extra steps that are being worked on. I am still waiting for the iOS release -- many students use their iPhone to try to connect so we have been patiently waiting for the release of this. The calendar section is a bit complicated and can be simplified for ease of use.

Response from ConexEd

Thanks for your feedback, Judy!

I'm happy to announce that our first iPhone app is now available in the App Store. Using the app students can now see upcoming meetings and attend Cafe meetings on their iOS device.

You can find it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conexed/id1208098450?mt=8

Replied 29/04/2019
Henry

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

More features for in person meetings

Extremely easy to work with. We've managed to bring up ideas or needs and they were very quick to respond.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to embed helpful cafe cards makes this much easier to use than simple zoom meetings. Can expand for multiple departments.

Cons

Right now we are juggling between this software and SARS. SARS handles the in person appointments best. At the same time I'm sure we're not the only institution that wants to drop SARS. If Conexed focused more on a friendlier in person appointment setup you'd get even more interest.

Robert

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

My review after 2-year use of ConexED.

Overall, I love the tool with the exception of the Cons I pointed out above. If these could be addressed, that would be great.

Pros

I like most the ease of use for both students and myself as a counselor. Also, I'm able to mark/highlight areas on forms uploaded from my ConexED library as I'm working with students online. The students can download what we went over on these forms into their computer. I like that students can wait in a lobby while I'm currently working with another student.

Cons

1) The playback of recorded sessions is slow.
2) I cannot record my written work on the White Board and my power point presentations.
3) It's an expensive tool especially when Confer Zoom is free for California Community Colleges.

Hillary

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

My experiences using ConexED.

I feel that ConexED was helpful with my continued communications with my job and school during the pandemic.

Pros

It was extremely helpful to allow me to continue working during the pandemic. I was still able to assist other students and attend important meetings.

Cons

I think mobile device usage could be easier. I had a hard time seeing the left column and all of the departments on the screen at the same time.

Campus Calibrate

I have found that it is extremely helpful. I know people complain about it but I find it is because they aren't playing around with it.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Super user friendly.

Cons

I wish i was able to change settings better. Sometimes I have to reach out to get it changed.

Brenda

Great software!

Very satisfied with the service!

Pros

Virtual classroom and scheduling appointments for meeting through video conference is great!

Cons

No comment . I don't see downsides to this software. Everything was great!

Ariana

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Student Perspective

It made things a lot easier for my online class and I looked forward to using it because it was helpful, I really hope more classes utilize this software.

Pros

I was able to communicate with professor easily and other classmates as well. Easy access to assignments to review with the professor face to face.

Cons

Needed a little guidance on where to go to find things to use but it was still pretty explanatory.

Angelique
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

ConexEd- Cranium Cafe game changer!

Overall I have had an amazing experience with ConexEd team! They have been super supportive and made the transition process for our department very smooth.

Pros

ConexEd is a one stop shop! Once you get the hang of the platform it is really easy to use. The platform is generally user-friendly and the support team is amazing at tailoring everything to your exact needs!

Cons

The only issue I have seen is the initial set up and use for our students. There is a bit of a learning curve but a quick video tutorial should help ease the issues.

Janice

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Great software

Overall my experience has been good!

Pros

I like that it has flexible scheduling and that almost everything can be customized for each area. I also like that it is cloud based.

Cons

I just wish there was an easier way to view schedules, the other things I think they just require getting used to a new way of doing things.

Helen

Hi

Pros

It is easy to use, even for older people.

Cons

It is difficult to manage. There are so many appointments.

Loretta
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Generatin CeonexED

ConexED is excellent for the current and next generation. It provides an opportunity for busy people like me to do orientation, workshops, counselor meetings, gets online support, and helps me meet new people -- all in one place. It's like an online outdoor shopping mall!

Pros

I am a full-time working woman, wife, mother, and student. My schedule does not permit me to go on campus to meet with counselors. ConexEd has bridged that gap where I can meet online for 10-15 minutes with a counselor and get on with my day. Using ConexED, I can avoid traffic, waiting in long lines, and make an appointment according to my schedule. It is a great tool for people on the go.

Cons

There have been times when connecting online was a challenge. My counselor could hear but not see me. Other times, we could not see or hear each other. The alternative, however, is that we have the "chat" option. Using the chat option still allows her and me to communicate - even though the meeting lasts longer than the usual 10 minutes, it was still profitable.

Lilit

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

overall nice product

Pros

The software is easy to use, and I like that the students are now organized based on the wait time

Cons

I don't think there is a way to see the students' perspective to help them navigate. Also, it tends to give issues when Apple devices are used

Dale
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

ConexED review

ConexED was a great choice for supplemental learning which greatly helped enhance my skills as a provider.

Pros

I really enjoyed how in depth the questions were in this software and how it required multiple levels of thinking to arrive to a solution.

Cons

I did not enjoy the overall format at times of the software and felt as though it could be more visually appealing.