About PointOS

PointOS is a point of sale (POS) solution that helps restaurants, bars and nightclubs streamline operations related to invoicing, menu management, inventory re-ordering and more on a centralized platform. The employee management...

Browse PointOS Reviews

Fawzi N.

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

this point os can be hit

horrible. software is fine but support is bad

Pros

I like how easy to use it and it's customization is not bad

Cons

customer support is horrible. when I signed in for this software . one of the main thing I loved was the 24/7 tech support. of course what is a software without a support service. the first year the support was amazing. when we Renaud the support plan every thing went down . you call support they don't help any more. they cant or don't know. last time I had to wait 2 weeks for the customer support level 3 or what ever to call back and fix the problem.
my issue is a POS without a strong support is nothing .
so what we did . we ended up not renewing our service. we need to add more station but the question is it worth it without a good c support. now are in the market for a system because we can't work with a pos that have basically very poor support

PS we have 2 business that us pointos

Response from PointOS

Fawzi,

We are sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time with customer support.

With the purchase of the updated PointOS XE the payment plans start at just 39.99/mos for 1 license, and additional licenses are only 29.99/mos. This includes 24hr/7 day a week customer support from our new team of support representatives.

We also provide how-to videos to help with the set up and use of the PointOS system.

Amy G.

PointOS

Overall it works well for our situation. There are several things that I would love to be changed to make it even better.

Pros

It is easy to use. The set up isn’t complicated. The daily use is fairly easy even for those with limited computer knowledge.

Cons

The system does not work well for a business that utilizes charge accounts for customers. When those customers pay, there is no opportunity to add a tip when using a credit card. “Creative” bookwork has to be used to accommodate these tips. Which is something we do not want to do.

Response from PointOS

Amy,

Thank you for sending your valuable feedback.

Our new PointOS Software has significant improvements to our house account feature that include the ability to add and adjust tips made via a house account.

Tymber G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Great system that could use a few minor improvements.

We use PointOS for a bar. Overall we are satisfied with the system and what it allows us to do.

Pros

The ease of learning the system is great for new employees. Simple yet effective.

Cons

I wish the inventory was a bit more precise and user friendly.

Response from PointOS

Tymber

Thank you for the positive feedback, and we are glad to hear that the system is easy for you to use.

PointOS XE offers precise and thorough inventory recording from your food and liquor to your plastic cups and napkins. What ever you use and need to keep track of can be thoroughly recorded.

Top PointOS Alternatives

Michael T.

Simple and easy to use

Tracks inventory and sales that others could not

Pros

The only software that does what I need.

Cons

Some reports can’t be run for more that a meek at a time. But that’s being worked on in PointOS XE

Response from PointOS

Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to give PointOS positive feedback.

PointOS XE offers a full service point of sale system for bars and restaurants.

We offer real time reporting on the cloud anytime anywhere. Set up multiple auto reports and have them emailed or sent via text message. Even send a text to the platform to get specific data.

Wm. trigg R.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Knowledgeable sales team. Responsive customer support. Easy to use POS. Great for pizza...

Quick start up when we opened up the restaurant and very little hassle going forward. I have complete confidence in the team at PointOS to help us resolve operational problems where the POS system can be of help.

Pros

Pizza builder makes it easy for for our staff to create custom pizzas. The system is easy to learn from set the set up to daily use.

Cons

The only issue we had was with the printer when we initially installed the product. Resolved with a replacement.

Response from PointOS

4th Street Pizza thanks for the review, and we're glad PointOS and the team are able to support your business needs with the pizza builder and 24hr customer support.

Jerry E.

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

Pros

Easy to use,
easy to program, can copy menu items key features into a new product
Employees learn it quickly

Cons

Limited amount of Pricing levels for a single product. (Only Good Customer, Special, Regular or Employee) As an example, you can't have "Bud Light" at regular , lower on Tuesday and a different another day... you can only have one pre-set price drop per week.

Response from PointOS

Hi Jerry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback.

The newest versions of PointOS haves Select Customer Pricing Levels, distinct daily special pricing, and customizable "happy hour" pricing for even more customization.

Barry A.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Excellent POS for its time.

Program was excellent but did not upgrade to tablet based. Too bad. I have been with NCR silver pro for a few years. iPad based but fairly slow and below average customer service. Lacks features. Very slow to add obvious features.

Pros

Very fast. Feature packed. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Credit card provider. No choice but theirs. Windows based, very cumbersome. Heavy footprint.

Response from PointOS

PointOS provides successful restaurants with a technology platform that combines point of sale, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology with an integrated credit card processing solution custom-built for restaurants.

With newly in-house cc payment processing you can now rely on PointOS for your processing your payments. We offer secure & reliable payment processing with no hidden fees, and honest pricing.

PointOS is always striving to be better, and are always updating our feature offerings and product integrations.

David L.

Customer since 2012

Overall, great experience.

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to set up and modify.

Cons

Reporting, canned reports are just Okay. Need ability to generate custom reports and run automatically like the current daily , weekly, and monthly reports.
Could use some more info on the background SQL setup.

Response from PointOS

Thanks Dave! we know you'll be happy with XE it will give you all the flexibility you need!

Replied 24/07/2018
Karen A.

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Great POS System!

Great for tracking inventory and generating reports

Pros

It's very easy to use and to print reports

Cons

credit card reader doesnt work sometimes and I have to restart the system

Response from PointOS

Karen,

We are pleased you find our system easy to use and enjoy the features we have to offer.

In addition to those features we also offer integration with Quickbooks which will enable you to tackle your accounting more efficiently.

With our new payment processing system and hardware offerings from Elos we can ensure you shouldn't have credit card reader issues.

Pete O.

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

Over promised under delivered

I am not solving any problems point OS is causing problems for me

Pros

The price, of the equipment and how I could use it with all of my other computers

Cons

How I was promised things and shown things that can not done

Response from PointOS

Pete,

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the PointOS platform.

The new PointOS XE provides successful restaurants with a technology platform that combines point of sale, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology with an integrated credit card processing solution custom-built for restaurants.

Lorraine G.

Lorraine

Pros

Pretty simple to use, lots of reports

Cons

We are just a small bar so it’s a little more than what we need but it works well.

Response from PointOS

Lorraine,

We are glad to hear that our software is working for your business.

PointOS works for all businesses from 1-100 +.

K T.

Reviewed on 12/05/2012

POINTOS IS GOOD

you need to look for a system that can do debit not credit cards

Pros

THE PROGRAM IS THE BEST OUT THERE EZ TO USE. THE PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE AND GOOD

Cons

THE ONLY DRAW BACK IS credit card processor merchant WAREHOUSE,
GETTING OVER CHARGE, and not get the money in the account right, the credit card processing go's offline and can't charge any thing.

Response from PointOS

Hi Sandbar Grill

We are pleased to announce that all credit card processing has been brought in-house. With this we are able to offer better competitive rates, and release payments quicker. Additionally payments can still be made when your system is offline.

Alfredo H.

Reviewed on 26/09/2011

It work only with ONE Merchant provider and they are horrible

I recommended it

Pros

Customer support is excellent and free, easy to use and you can program it by your self.

Cons

They are attach to ONLY ONE Merchant provider, called Merchant Warehouse. Merchant warehouse, are rude, very poor customer services, and hard to deal with.
Hope POINTOS will open to more Merchant providers.

Response from PointOS

Hi Alfredo,

We are happy to say that all payment processing has been brought in-house and is no longer outsourced. With this we are able to offer competitive rates and better service.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Lucia G.

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Great beginning machine, maybe not for a larger business.

Overall, for a business just starting out, it was a great solution and your tech support was always really amazing. I feel like we grew out its capabilities and needed to move in to 2018. I was really excited when I saw the new version coming out, but after waiting a year for it to happen, I moved over to a cloud system. I feel more secure knowing I have auto back-up and knowing that 5 tips don't become 50 at the end of the day when the servers are tired and adjusting hundreds of tips. My biggest beef is I switched to a new system in February and despite telling the company three times, I am still getting charged for the cloud, which was so useless it wasn't worth paying for. I can't get anyone on the phone and despite about 5 emails on the matter, I have heard nothing. Now I have to call my credit card company and dispute the charges.

Pros

Overall, it is a decent budget POS with a lot of high end functions. I did like the report functions, the weather reporting and incident reporting and inventory functions.

Cons

At this stage, it is a little dated. The cloud was never connected and always had to be manually started, which defeats the purpose of having a cloud back-up. There were many parts, like modifiers, that were really clunky and made operating difficult. I hated how you couldn't name reports that were emailed, and everything came across with the date and time you emailed them. You would have to write down what reports you were running so you could remember when you got in to email to see them. I would have been nice if you could name them, or if they were named the report that you were running. I didn't like the limited amount of modifiers and the limited about of characters you could write to the kitchen. But I mostly hated that the cloud never worked, leaving me feeling vulnerable to computer failures and loss of data. I also didn't like having the wait staff modify the tips, its so much nicer when the system adds it in, it leaves less room for errors.

Response from PointOS

Lucia,

Thank you for your valued feedback.

With the newest version of PointOS the cloud is connected via a customizable service and there are no extra steps from the customer side needed once setup and initially synced.

All exported reports can be renamed and saved to file, you can gladly call our support team to assist.

Additionally PointOS has a number of enhancements for Internal Reports, Automated Reports, and Cloud Reports that do not require remote access to restart the cloud connection, with the added ability to see historical data via the portal even when the system is offline or without an internet connection to sync with.

• Industry: Automotive

Good system

Overall a solid purchase, good value.

Pros

One time purchase. Great hardware options available, but will run on any windows PC. Touch screen is best, but not required.

Cons

Split tenders seem to generate problems. it will go ahead and print the kitchen ticket before getting full payment.

Response from PointOS

We are pleased to hear you are happy with the PointOS point of sale software and the value of its offerings for our competitive pricing.

With the launch of the PointOS XE we offer new split check features which should help address your concerns.

Matthew E.

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Just Ok... nothing special

Pros

Affordability... but you also get what you pay for

Cons

Customer support... They expect you to be on their level of knowledge

Response from PointOS

Matthew,

The PointOS platform provides an all in one point of sale system with features ranging from inventory and labor forecasting, to detailed reports and analytics that help you to make the right decisions for your business.

In-house payment processing also offers the ability to provide competitive cc processing rates.

Our how-to video manuals thoroughly explain how the software works from the moment you start setting up. If you can't find what your looking for our customer success reps will gladly help you with any queries until your problems are resolved.

We hope our better service helps improve your business.

Garret B.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

Blows away the competition

I've worked with a dozen systems over the years and even for more money this system hands down has more usable features than any of them

Pros

Locally based hardware installed and installed with reliable LAN with added in the cloud back up and iPad connectivity makes this a winner!

Cons

You have to use either Vantiv or Cayan processors but they both do a great job so that's not a problem for me

Response from PointOS

Thank you for the glowing review.

the entire hard working team here loves seeing these!

Replied 10/06/2016

owner

overall I thing the system is a great fix for my business.

Pros

price and credit card processing features.

Cons

entering the menu items into the system.

Response from PointOS

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our payment processing offerings.

PointOS provides successful restaurants with a technology platform that combines point of sale, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology with an integrated credit card processing solution custom-built for your restaurant.

Our in-house payment processing system offers secure and reliable payments with honest pricing, and no hidden fees.

Eric M.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Owner Loup River Distilling.

Keeping track of orders and sales

Pros

widows based, easy to use, have had zero issues with the software

Cons

Need to be able to delete individual items on order without having to put in your code each time.

Would like to see easier editing if possible, but its not that bad

Response from PointOS

Eric

We are glad to hear you find PointOS an easy to use system.

PointOS XE offers easier and quicker editing options that continue to make our software easy to use for any establishment.

Kristie B.

Reviewed on 19/07/2020

I wouldn't purchase this product.

I wish we hadn't wasted our money.

Pros

I haven't found anything good about this product.

Cons

I can't get the 24/7 support on the phone when I call. It doesn't add the sales tax and the purchases correctly. The company has changed credit card processing company.

Response from PointOS

Kristie,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. PointOS strives to provide a quality point-of-sale and restaurant management platform that is easy to use and cost effective. We also offer PointOS payments to help streamline and better support payment processing internally. If we can be of further assistance, please note that our support line offers a queue system for convenience during high volume call times, so please feel free to call in at 857-250-2719 or email at [email protected], and we will get back to you soon!

Replied 03/08/2020
Lisa S.

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

Service non existent

Where are you guys?? I paid for your tech service..I have no access to any information.
According to the system I have done 0 days worth of business..EVERY SHRED OF BUSINESS THAT WAS IN YOUR SYSTEM CEASED TO EXIST IN THE FIRST OF JANUARY. I need to do taxes and try to apply for PPP help. WHY DON'T YOUR PEOPLE CALL ME BACK..OR EMAIL OR SOMETHING. If you have gone out of business the least you could do is contact me and let me know how to retrieve my information.

Pros

Tech help is necessary and I pay for the service.
No one calls me back

Cons

Why don't you call me back it has been weeks since I first contacted you.

Tina L.

The Worse I ever Dealt With

your technical support is the worse I have dealt with and any one of your team members do not call you back I could tell you more but it wont fit in this box if you really want to know how I did not get my moneys worth with this company just give me a call at 480 653 0881 and ask for support team

Pros

It is easy and it is user friendly it has its good points

Cons

Its Glitches all the time and that it is very picky

Response from PointOS

TIna,

We apologize that your experience with PointOS was not a good one.

We thrive on customer feedback, and are always looking to make our software better.

PointOS XE now offers low monthly payment plans from 39.99 per month which include 24 hr 7 day a week customer support. So no matter what the problem and what time it is we are happy to assist.

Reviewed on 15/03/2020

PointOS review

It is a very easy to use, intuitive tool that is perfectly complemented with its reporting engine.

Pros

This app is fantastic to support your restaurant sales and also will provide great visibility with its dashboard/reporting engine.

Cons

I find its performance better fit for smaller restaurants or bars but can't wait to see what the next releases will bring to us.

Response from PointOS

Hi There,

We're happy when you're happy, so we are glad to see PointOS is helping your business.

We're just as excited for the new updates as you.

Thanks again!

The PointOS Team

Replied 17/03/2020
Angela G.

Used it for years

Over all this software works well for me, my employees and myself have found ways to work around the issues that never get fixed or seem forever to be addressed. I don't like that PointOS does not let you know when they have fixed something you have reported. I use this for my liquor store and bar.

Pros

It's easy for employees to use, once you get that everything is ounce based it's pretty easy to program from the back end. Support is friendly and always answers and will move you up the food chain if you have a unique issue.

Cons

It has bugs and issues. I also can not see what items are tied to inventory items so if you make a mistake programing and building the data base good luck ever finding it. The reporting is minimal but better than what I had.

Response from PointOS

Angela,

We appreciate you taking the time to send this valuable feedback.

With our new PointOS software we have added new Cloud Reports to help manage customer requests for new reports. We also work directly with PointOS Customers using our newer software to help create an environment ideal for all of their needs.

The benefit of having our own Customer Success team now is that Customers will be informed of any support calls that are resolved outside of the current active call.
For technical related issues our Technical Support technicians will always keep our customers updated on resolutions, or ask for further info when needed until the issue is resolved.

Anthony P.

PointOS

Pros

Price and features. It really is a great system for the price. Aside from a few of the glitches, it's well worth the money. I'm very happy with my purchase. However, if you are not tech savvy, be cautious buying. Customer support and technical support is useless. I set it up myself from day 1, so I was able to make sure everything was programmed properly.

Cons

There's still a lot of glitches in the system and customer support is some of the worst I've ever experienced. Technical help also is awful. They couldn't help me anytime I called in to tell them about some of the glitches I've noticed in their system. In fact, the one time I called in, the lady actually said, "wow, you know more than us about this".

Response from PointOS

Hi Anthony

We are so sorry to hear that you have had this experience.

We are happy to announce that PointOS has brought our Customer and Technical support in-house and have qualified representatives ready to assist 24hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.