Resource Guru Reviews

Visit Website

About Resource Guru

Resource Guru is the blissfully simple resource management software that helps busy teams keep projects on track. Get a crystal clear view of team availability and time off and find the perfect person for every job. Create...

Browse Resource Guru Reviews

Karl
Karl

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Best SaaS tool we use in our business

Pros

Resource Guru literally transformed our business. It’s a super simple, yet incredibly powerful scheduling tool. It was very easy to implement and there was no friction onboarding the team. We’ve even setup some automations using their API, which feeds the data into our operational reporting. If you’re looking for a resource management and scheduling tool, look no further than Resource Guru.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see them add is a ‘do this every time’ option when I am asked how to handle a clash, rather than making me choose every time. Our business is such that we have to rearrange the schedule A LOT, and it gets annoying having to select an option over and over when I’m switching people’s schedules and it’s only going to be a temporary clash for 2 seconds. That’s a very small complaint though. Other than that, the software is perfect!

PJ
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Clean, easy to use software with lots of room for growth

Overall, Resource Guru has been a welcome addition to our operational process. I have thoroughly enjoyed using the software so far and it has certainly made things easier on myself and my team. Although I have a long list of things I think the software can improve on, I hope to work with the development team to open a dialogue on these additions. I know that our application for the software may be unique, but I'm sure the developments will be appreciated by others as well.

Pros

Resource Guru is a very clean-looking software that provides an ease of use unlike I've seen in other products. No training was required to bring my team online with the software, much of it is intuitive. I appreciate the professional look and feel as well as the simplistic interface. Filtering is something that is crucial to our business, and while I love the functionality of it there is definitely room for improvement. Through implementing small workarounds we were able to bring this software online for a team of over 100 field service engineers with very short turnaround (less than three weeks of overlap between the old software and Resource Guru).

Cons

While Resource Guru provides a clean and simple software, at times I find it too simple. There are some features that are built in some places but not others. For example I have the option of custom tags for filtering Resources. I can build out a filter for region, city, desired schedule, skillets, or even favorite food if I want to. However, none of this applies to Projects. I would love to be able to filter projects by region, city, state, or custom tags like skillset and software required. It seems to me that the exact same functionality could be copied and pasted over to Projects.

There are other minor tweaks to be made, like exiting a window. Sometimes I am met with an "are you sure you want to exit" window because I'm currently editing something, but more often than not I am allowed to simply click outside the window or hit escape and all of the editing in progress is lost.

Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to input repeating holidays or events. For example, New Year's Day is always on January 1st. Why do I have to scroll forward and manually input this holiday every year? It would be great to just set it and forget it.

Another addition I would love to see is the ability to mark jobs/projects as tentative or unconfirmed. This could be in the form of a checkbox that adds a gradient to the job so it looks different than the rest. Something simple to differentiate it from confirmed projects is all I'm looking for.

Resource Management

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Resource Guru offers a more professional looking service with the ability for our field engineers to sync their schedule to their own calendar service.

Reviewed on 30/11/2015

Great product but no development

Whilst it Guru is a promising, flexible and easy to use product it really is just bare bones at the moment and they have failed to deliver any additional functionality since launch despite increasing pricing.

The forums are filled with requests and suggestions for highly useful add-ons and improvements that always receive the same answer "It's on the road map but we are working on other aspects of development". However, there have been no new releases and even the highly anticipated Vacation and Leave function slated for October 2015 has not actually been delivered. In fact the only thing that has changed is a change in pricing model that has upped the cost of the product.

So, to conclude, even though Resource Guru has great potential the increased cost combined with a complete lack of development and capacity for integration make it a waste of time and money. Sad really because conceptually it is a fantastic product.

Response from Resource Guru

Thanks for the review Ossian! While I understand your frustration at the low frequency of new feature releases recently I'd like to correct you on a few things. It's not true that we have failed to deliver anything since launch—for more information on our product updates you can go to the "Product Updates" section of our blog http://blog.resourceguruapp.com/category/product-updates/. We are sorry that our leave management feature is not yet live but it is a large and complex upgrade to Resource Guru and we want to ensure it is all perfect before we release it. We hate the idea of our users doing our testing for us.

Although we haven't directly integrated with any apps yet, we have developed webhooks (found in your account settings) which deliver realtime updates enabling you to create many DIY integrations using services like Zapier. We also have an advanced API (more details can be found at https://developers.resourceguruapp.com/). We want to wait until the product is slightly more evolved before we start working on integrations and the work we've done to date will put us in a very good position to do so when the time comes.

Lastly, I noticed that you only gave our customer support 2 stars. We pride ourselves on giving excellent customer support to all our customers and the team will be very disappointed to hear this. Apart from reading comments about features being on the roadmap (while you may find this frustrating, we are only trying to be honest and not make promises we can't keep), was there anything else about our customer service that you found inadequate?

Once again, thanks for the review and I hope we can bring a smile to your face in the future as we release more features.

Replied 30/11/2015

Top Resource Guru Alternatives

Resource Management

NetSuite OpenAir

Deltek Maconomy

Kiley

Reviewed on 10/03/2024

Best Scheduling Tool

Pros

Easy to use, organised, detailed, flexible, and thinks of all possible options to help with the efficiency of planning accurately across a small or large team.

Cons

The only thing we would rate negatively is that Resource Guru doesn't give you the option to tick off completed tasks.

Isabella

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Extremely handy software, easy to use, visibly appealing, great to manage and schedule.

Positive, I do enjoy managing RG for our company. My company want us to migrate and start using the schedule planned for Office 365, but I had to push back and explain that this software is up to date, already does everything we need it too and Office 365 still has a long way to go before we can use it for what we want. It's safe to stick with RG that we know how to work, we know what it does and what i can't do and it works, no need to change something that isnt broken.

Pros

I like the appearance of the software - its clear, self explanatory, easy to navigate, see the bigger picture to jiggle schedule resource about, etc.

I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed.

I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc.

Cons

It isn't a negative but I would like to have a scheduling log, to see at what time and date did someone book a slot onto the schedule. I manage the Creative Studio, depending how many campaigns and the urgency in hitting these deadlines, I need to keep track of the entire departments availability, knowing when i can move things around in order to deliver last min projects. Only myself should have booking access, but I currently share it with Creative Directors, so they can schedule in my absence, but I can't see when they have booked them in so i can keep track. Is this something you could implement, please? Thanks,

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Office 365 is still a very new software that requires lots of updates and features adding to it, that yourselves already provide.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Isabella

Thanks for the great review - I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that an activity log is very firmly on our roadmap, and I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. You can also keep up to date with new features by signing up to our Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage - https://resourceguruapp.com/

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do for you :)

Happy scheduling!

Replied 27/11/2019
Marc

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

Kudos

As a small, but growing organization, we were having trouble measuring how our creative resources were being allocated. Resource Guru quickly solved that problem.

Pros

The software was very easy to implement and even easier to use. The reports page provides a great, visual presentation of our creative department's utilization for the week. Until we started using the software, we were unable to track enough data to inform a successful creative resource meeting. Now we have visibility into the upcoming weeks which has significantly decreased our dependence on freelance talent.

Cons

The waiting list and overtime feature can be a little confusing. The hours don't get added to resource bookings and increase the utilization percentage. It would be great if the overtime hours pushed the utilization percentage over 100% to clearly highlight over-allocated resources.

Smartsheet and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Using Excel and Smartsheet required too much effort and the Project Managers would not be able to effectively track changes in resource allocations.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Marc

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! I just wanted to touch base on your request for utilisation to show at more than 100%. It's not possible to book someone for more than 100% of their time - our booking clash warning system prevents this to help ensure you always meet your deadlines, and without burning out your team. But if you want to overbook resources, you can do this by adding bookings with overtime, and overtime hours will be itemised in the "Overtime" column on the Reports, so it's easy to see where your team are overstretched.

I hope this helps to clarify things but please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're always very happy to help!

Replied 11/11/2019
Leticia

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us

I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

Pros

1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for
2. Calendar sync
3. Cost-effectiveness
4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.)
5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in.
6. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are:
1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left
2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Basecamp, ClickTime and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

It's just ineffective to manage capacity in a calendar OR a spreadsheet (which is what we were doing previously).

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Everything else is not just resource specific. Resource Guru is (ref comment about it just doing ONE thing and doing it extremely well). Plus the cost. Resource Guru is incredibly cost-effective for a micro team like ours, which runs almost entirely on subcontractors.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Leticia

Thanks for the great feedback :) I hope you'll be pleased to learn that we definitely do have a "Today" button which takes you straight back to today's date. It's in the top left of the schedule, next to where you navigate between different months and years.

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please just let us know.

Happy scheduling!

Replied 26/09/2019
Jon

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Useful too for transparency across teams

Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Pros

I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Cons

I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

Saviom

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Chose Guru for the cost and ease of use and setup.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/

I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :)

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know.

Replied 22/11/2019

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

An option for time, cost, manhour management for small-medium scope

Generally no issue if the scope is small to medium. larger scope requiring links to many other apps may take time to sync.

Pros

Intuitively easy to use, good usage of colors to present a quick glance of resource versus objectives deliverables

Cons

Integration with existing calendars, tools may not be smooth and sometimes not synced.

Trello, Microsoft Teams and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Good usage of colors to present information quickly

Response from Resource Guru

Hi there

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :)

I wanted to let you know that our calendar sync feature is currently a one way sync, but we do have firm plans to support 2 way syncing in the future. Once 2 way syncing is released, you should find it easy to keep external calendar events synced in Resource Guru. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this comes as good news! If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll be very happy to help.

Sonia
Sonia

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Easy to use high level planning tool

Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

Pros

I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

Cons

I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Asana

Google Docs
Larry
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

RG is great for keeping track of resources and utilization of employees

RG has made scheduling much simpler and visible across our organization

Pros

functionality, ease of use, visibility and the way we're able to allow access to certain functions

Cons

would be nice to have a search function to look up past and future information

Calendly, SimplyBook.me and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

RG was highly recommended by a few of our colleagues
Marek

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Resource Guru Review

Overall, my experience with Resource Guru was positive. The platform provided an effective solution for resource management and scheduling, improving the efficiency and productivity of our team. The intuitive interface and scheduling features made it easy to allocate resources and track project progress. The platform's reliability and real-time updates ensured that everyone had access to the most up-to-date information. Although there were some limitations in terms of integrations, the overall experience with Resource Guru was excellent, empowering our team to effectively manage resources and deliver projects on time.

Pros

One of the aspects I liked most about Resource Guru was its user-friendly interface and intuitive scheduling features. The platform provided a seamless experience for managing and scheduling resources, allowing me to easily assign tasks, track availability, and monitor project timelines. The drag-and-drop functionality and clear visual representation of resource allocations made it simple to plan and allocate resources efficiently. Additionally, the real-time updates and notifications ensured that everyone on the team was well-informed and could adapt to any changes or conflicts quickly.

Cons

While Resource Guru had many positive features, one thing I liked least was the limited integration options with other project management tools. Although the platform offered some integrations with popular tools, there were instances where I needed to manually transfer data or reconcile information between different systems. It would be beneficial to have more seamless integrations with a broader range of project management and collaboration tools to streamline workflows and avoid duplicating efforts.

Timothy
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

Intuitive and efficient resource management software

Pros

The best part about Resource Guru is the reporting system. Given how fuss-free the management tools are to use, the reporting system is the proverbial icing on the cake, as it aggregates all your available data in one easy to use panel. Not to mention, it is so intuitive to use and has such a remarkably low barrier to entry, that I onboarded all my team managers in a single day, and have never looked back.

Cons

Some parts of the UI look a bit dated, like the "adding resources" panel, but it's honestly not a big deal because you only use it once when adding your resources, and hardly touch it ever again.

Other than that, changing the default working hours is a bit tedious, but again - do it once and you never need to adjust it again.

Basecamp, Float and monday.com

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Timothy

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that we have some enhancements planned for the Resources section, which I hope you'll be pleased to see when they're released!

If you have any other questions or feedback at any point, please don't be a stranger. We love to help and we're always keen to hear any feedback.

Thanks!

Patrick
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Solved the Scheduling Problem

It has been an excellent experience. I brought resource guru to my current company after experiencing it as a project manager at another consulting firm.

Pros

The ability to filter, sort, and visualize resource assignments across 50+ individuals with a variety of technical abilities has helped remove a lot of the pain in managing geographical diverse field crews

Cons

I would like the ability to see 4-6 months on the screen at once. Instead of individual blocks for each day, I would like to see each block represent one week (a zoom out option).

Some projects are 1-5 days, while a lot of assignments are 3+ months.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Patrick

Thanks for leaving your feedback! I'm pleased to say you can achieve viewing the Schedule in a weekly or monthly way is firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime I would advise you to try using the Browser zoom together with the zoomed in view in the Schedule:

Depending on your browser, you will find the zoom in different locations but usually it's under the menu item "View" or you use the shortcut "Cmd" (Mac) / "Ctrl" (PC) and "+/-/0".

I hope this helps but if there's anything else I can do to help please just let me know.

Replied 22/11/2021
Jane
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Value for money and SO easy to use

This has saved us countless hours of email writing and phone calls as our trainers can see their bookings without us having to call or write to them each time something changes. All of our sales and booking team can immediately see who is available for times requested by a client. Our Marketing and Finance departments love the reports and they are so easy to customise.

Pros

Colour-coded projects, ability to mark projects as confirmed or tentative, able to sync the software to individual calendars, easy to customise reports, everything on one screen, easy to add and customise new resources. I could go on but, this software has grown with our company over the past 4 years and we are all very happy with it.

Cons

The new features that are added are not always in the order we want. For example, it took 4 years for the confirmed/tentative option to be added - a very useful feature for us but I understand that the Resource Guru Team needs to prioritise features based on the overall needs of their customers.

George

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Resource Guru Overall Review

Overall a great app. Has certainly improved my time management abover all else. This app really enables me to keep on track of my workload and stay organised in the fast paced agency. Very useful indeed and couldnt work without it.

Pros

As an account executive for a design agency, being able to shcedule resource is a key part of my daily activites. RG is super easy to navigate and makes scheduling my work really efficient. I use it every day and it makes my work management a whole lot easier. An email first thing in the morning shows what I have scheduled for the day so I can be prepared for the days bookings. The dashboard also enables me to see what Ive got in for the day which is great. I can easily cancel, edit and add new bookings with just a couple of clicks. Using the different colour schemes also enables me to see who on my team has bookings so if i ever need to edit a booking, I kow who to speak too on my team. Overall, I would highly recommend this app too anyone as its super intuitive and no training is really needed! Perfect for anyone in client services.

Cons

Nothing to improve from my point of view. I havent used all the features off the app so no comments on ways to improve.

Patricia

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Very helpful, easy and friendly interface. Good value for money too"

I have been using for a few years now and Resource Guru is a really good software with easy and friendly interface. Since it was updated it got even better. The whole team likes it and we've never had any sort of doubts or problems with this software. It naturally became part of workflow.

Pros

You can add clients and project and move things around very easily with drag and drop functionality. The look and feel and their calendar is extremely helpful and clear. With RG you can schedule people and easily manage annual leave, sick leave, and hours dedicated to each task, client or project. We never required any sort of training and the whole team was able to start using straightaway.

Cons

It would be nice to have a Project view. To make it easier on the hours management on a project basis.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for sharing your feedback!
A more project-oriented view is definitely on our roadmap for the near future. In the meantime, you may find the Projects section of the Reports useful for tracking time booked on projects.

If there's anything else we can do to help please just let us know.

Replied 01/03/2021
Kathryn
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

We got more than what we expected!

We've solved our equipment booking issue and couldn't be happier!

Pros

The interface is intuitive and easy to adopt into our daily routine. Our company has a collection of instruments that were being double booked or under utilized, because our previous scheduling method was murky and unclear. Now, we've avoided double bookings and can complete client work more efficiently.

The most exciting thing about this software is that we keep finding ways to enhance our understanding of our operations (materials and labor costs, in particular) as we use the software. This will help us not only get client work done on time, but give us a more accurate representation of overall project costs.

Cons

I would like a feature that allows us to upload a protocol or document to the booking.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Kathryn

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) It's not currently possible to host your documents in Resource Guru but we do have plans to let you do this in future. In the meantime, you could host your documents online somewhere like Google Drive, then add the direct link to the relevant booking/resource/project/client in Resource Guru. All links in Resource Guru are clickable, so with just one click your team will be able to see the documents you want to share with them.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Replied 15/06/2021
Alan
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Fills and essential need

Resource Guru solved our need for scheduling employees and monitoring our backlog to let customers know approximately how soon we would be able to do their jobs. Currently we are scheduling 3-6 months in advance so it is a real asset to assist in giving customers a realistic estimate of a time frame for their job.

Pros

Software is relatively easy to use. It is not truly designed for a service type industry but with a little manipulation of the way fields are used, we have been able to make it a good resource for us to schedule our installation crews. It is much easier than many other programs I have looked at and our entire front office uses it to see daily schedules, schedule openings, future bookings as well as monitor backlog.

Cons

Program could use better co-ordination between bookings and scheduling as well as easier means to divide resources (employees) into groups (we did find a work around for this)

Reviewed on 22/02/2022

Worth It

Overall I am very happy with the product

Pros

As a cloud based system it has no implementation issues. Its easy to use and clear to view. The ability to use colors to quickly delineate users and projects is a great feature and the reporting is excellent

Cons

Having to download reports as a pivot can be frustrating I would prefer the reports to be available within the software.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Was quicker to implement and easier to use
Jaspal
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Excellent for viewing schedules

i can see the dept's schedules and plan booking

Pros

Easy to use and add important notes to as well

Cons

We have 16 trainers so would be good to view the schedules one one page without having to scroll up and down

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jaspal

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! The number of resources you see on the page at once will depend partly on your screen resolution, and partly on how many bookings you have for each resource on individual days. The more bookings, the more space a resource will take up on your screen.

You can help to show more resources by hiding your availability bars; here's a walkthrough you might find handy: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

It may also be worth noting that you can filter your resources, so you're only looking at relevant people. Here's a walkthrough showing you how: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942088-filtering-resources

Replied 16/12/2021
Fauzi
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Resource Guru Makes My Daily Life Easier

Pros

I really love that it'll remind me what my schedule is like the night before I sleep. I feel at ease before I go to bed :) thank you!

Cons

I am not toop sure if there is such a feature already. However, it'll be best if I can match my personal calendars on match on Resourece Guru as well. I am an influencer and a writer. Therefore my hectic schedules may clash in and outside of work.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Fauzi,

thanks for sharing your feedback! You could subscribe to your Resource Guru bookings from your external calendar if you'd like to, because we currently offer a one way calendar sync feature which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942091-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar

I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Replied 27/04/2020
Amanda
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Resource Guru

Really enjoyed it, easy system to work on very self explanatory

Pros

Friendly, very easy to use, and adaptable to my needs. Really enjoy the new things that come out regularly

Cons

Integration with other apps
No undo feature

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Amanda

Thanks for leaving your review of Resource Guru :) I wanted to let you know that an undo button is very firmly on our roadmap for the future. I also wanted to mention that you can indeed connect Resource Guru with the other tools you use to run your business. You can build custom integrations using our API if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api.

We also offer a Zapier integration which lets you connect Resource Guru with more than 3,000 other tools, without the need for any programming skills. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

Urs
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 04/11/2022

Ressource management with resource guru

We have a team with 13 persons, and resource guru helps us to have an overview about our capacity regardign the differents task people have to do.

Pros

flexibilityeasy of usefast overview about capacity

Cons

I would like a more powerful project overview on the scheduling page (for example sum of all hours planned for a specific project, wihout going to reports)

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Urs

Thanks for sharing your feedback :)
We recommend having the Schedule open and the Reports in a second tab, so you can switch between the tabs quickly in order to see the total hours of a project or client. It's worth to mention that we have plans to improve our Projects and Clients view within the Schedule in future, so we'll make sure to keep you updated on those enhancements.

Replied 21/12/2022
Jessica

Resource Guru - helps tackle lack of resource visibility

We are now able to track all of the resources within our department and run metrics on what is being worked on and what our utilisation is across IT. We also use this as a recharging model to our businesses so this is a vital piece of software.

Pros

The software is an easy to use format with searchable features and the ability to track personal from their actual hours work to the forecast showing future demand. The ability to allow resources to book against multiple codes and be organised in multiple teams means that reporting from the tool provides vital details for our KPI's and metrics, helping drive improvements and efficiencies within our organisation

Cons

There is a limited pipeline of change and growth of the software, which does not allow development in areas that would be useful to our company.