About Timetastic

👋 Timetastic is the multi award winning app for vacation tracking and keeping track of PTO. ⭐⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ️Capterra EASE OF USE and VALUE FOR MONEY "You can finally get rid of those messy spreadsheets. No more forgetting who's on...

Browse Timetastic Reviews

Jaymie T. Jaymie T.

Simple and effective

The few times I've had occasion to contact them, the support team have always been quick to respond and very friendly. We've been using it for years and it's not hard to see why.

Pros

Timetastic is fast to use and easy to configure as an administrator. I'm responsible for a couple of teams and everyone loves how simple it is. I also like that you can subscribe to its calendars, so I'm always up-to-date on my teams' movements.

Cons

I'd like just a little more configurability around the types of "leave". For some workers we want to declare the days they're going to be in the office, so "leave" doesn't really apply there. I like that you can control whether a leave type is deductible from the overall total, but being to change how each "leave" type is described on-screen would be the finishing touch for me.

Margaret A. Margaret A.

We like timetastic

As a Company we really like timetastic. It has benefited us as a business by streamlining the holiday request process and giving the Managers a departmental overview when holiday requests are made. Prior to timetastic we used paper holiday forms and the process was arduous.
timetastic is very cost effective too which is a benefit to us.

Pros

As a small company we were looking for a cheap and easy to use system for our absent management - timetastic fitted that criteria. The staff like it and it's easy for everyone to use. its great that it works out the allowance when you set someone up.

Cons

There are two flaws from my perspective:
1. The system does not allow you to put people on a flexible working pattern in the same group as people on a non flexible working pattern. People on a flexible working pattern's holiday allowance needs to be calculated including bank holidays which timetastic can cope with but not in a group where other people have a standard working pattern / holiday allowance.
2. If you book a block of holiday and need to remove one day for whatever reason, you have to remove the whole block and then update as individual days.

Chris B. Chris B.
  • Industry: Printing

Helping People Manage Leave Time

Overall Timetastic works well without any problems, very reliable, all the people in our organisation love being able to see who's off, and when they can book time off in the comfort of the armchair at home, without having to wait until they are back at the office to quiz the wall calendar or the manager. Time off becomes a discussion at home, leaving the office free to do work.

Pros

Staff and managers can submit and confirm time for leave at a glance, helped by Timetastic flagging a warning that too many people may be on leave at the same time, which could result in a staffing problem. The software also sends notifications to all parties to confirm the action that has been taken and agreed, whether it be to confirm the leave or to explain why leave was not granted.

Cons

No cons that I can think to mention, some may think that this can be done through Google or iCal, but neither of these calendars are independent, so they don't send the messages which keep your paperwork / paper trail complete making sure that you as a manager / business owner have the correct information to hand if there should be a dispute. Timetastic can be integrated with Google and iCal for viewing purposes.

Top Timetastic Alternatives

• Industry: Internet

Timetastic @Indulge

We really enjoy using Timetastic because it is a cost effective way to simply manage staff leave. The auto roll overs and approval process make the product great value for money.

Pros

All of our staff use the system and it's features on a daily basis. We use the platform in our weekly priorities meeting to explain who has leave this week and any upcoming leave.

Half of the team is based in Guernsey so we have utilised the custom holiday feature because in Guernsey we have a Liberation Day on May 9th, which is different to the UK.

Cons

In an ideal world our team leave app would also tie into our scheduling app, which is Harvest Forecast. So there is extra duplication of time to set up holiday in Harvest once it has been approved in Timetastic.

Irene M. Irene M.

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Fantastic super simple product!

Its a great system!!!

Pros

I am glad our company has joined Timetastic for absence management. The system is very simple to use for employees and easy to navigate around! the user experience is spot on! very clear and not cluttered. The service response time has been great. I would definitely recommend for small to medium sized companies. I also love the idea that we are supporting a UK company.

Cons

The reporting ability. I think if there could be more fields on the reports generated it would be useful. Also if the system could implement functionality to manage leave in line with local European countries. The public holiday recognition for each country is great, but for example France manage their leave on a different calendar year to the UK January - December.

Seamus M. Seamus M.

Reviewed on 22/11/2018

Simple and easy to use and excellent value for money

I do love Timetastic and its been a fantastic piece of software to use. I have recommended this to my friends within the industry.

Pros

My company never had any software in place before coming across Timetasic and it has been a sensation. It is so easy and simple to use to allocate the number of annual leave days to each staff member and split them up into teams and mark my team as favourites.

I also love the ability to automatically post from TimeTastic to my general slack channel so the team will know that day who will be taking leave or at an external meeting each morning. This is cuts down on the questions relating to availability and potentially scheduling meetings with staff on leave.

Cons

If I view my approved leave notification within the web app the mobile app does not remove the notification. As I am a bit of an OCD freak with notification I have to open the mobile app and view the notification to remove it from my phone.

Candy H. Candy H.
  • Industry: Online Media

Ive loved using TT

Easy to install. My whole team got used to the functions within a day. Easy to use and self explanatory. It helped me locate members of staff easily. Its quick and easy to book time off which was a real bug bear with our old system.
Im actually really upset that senior management have decided to use a different system now (its a system that links in with our HR and internal comms) because i actually find the new system very intimidating.

Pros

Its easy to navigate.
Transparency of all team members.
Modern and fresh.

Cons

Slightly difficult to get quick answers to questions as im based in the UK and the help team are in the US. But it was never a huge issue.

Chris B. Chris B.

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Allows us to focus on doing business not doing HR

Using Timetastic has automated an annoying part of our business. Our employees and managers can see exactly how much holiday allowance is available/has been used and sick days have become much less irritating.

Pros

We can see at a glance who will be available.
Holiday requests no longer interrupt my workflow.
Reports on employee sick/holiday usage.
Pricing is excellent.
Booking sick leave on an hourly basis is also an excellent feature.

Cons

Would love a daily summary email
Would love Microsoft Teams integration, similar to Slack.

Paul P. Paul P.

Excellent

Pros

The sheer value for money is amazing. We’re a small business and regularly look to reduce costs, so switching to TimeTastic from another provider saved us around £100 per month (we’re a company of <10 people). On top of that, it ticks all the boxes in terms of functionality and it’s a really simple bit of software to use. Really, it just works!

Cons

Nothing I can think of. The app could possibly be a little more up to date but the functionality is all there.

Dana M. Dana M.
  • Industry: Music

Really easy to use

Timetastic does what it needs to do, it is a great online sharing calendar, means everyone knows when managers/staff are in the office and when they are not. Its easy to amend details like names, entitlement. I have often had to ask for support as I cant work out how to do things (as I am not a technical person) the support team are always very helpful with step by step instructions and still there to help over email even when you don't understand what you are meant to do at first.

Pros

Really easy to view, navigate, update and change things.

Cons

I don't like you cant go back when looking at someone calendar, when you were just looking at there entitlement. Its just a longer way of doing things but not a biggy

Benjamin G. Benjamin G.

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

An excellent absence tracking system

Overall, it's a fantastic product and I've never had an issue that wasn't resolved.

Pros

Ease of use
Able to see very clearly, per department (or for the entire team / company) who is where (sick, holiday, working from home etc)
Ease of setup and sharing
Their support is awesome

Cons

Granularity of split; if you are a company with many sub-companies, you cannot organise on a top level down. That..is my only complaint. I genuinely love using TimeTastic.

David M. David M.

Excellent App At A Budget Price

Whenever I've had a problem I email support and receive a reply within half an hour

Pros

Timetastic is very easy to use.

We have nearly 60 staff and everybody loves it. It has made our administration so much easier and saved us so much time.

We have adapted it to show how many times staff are late so it helps for HR records.

I would fully recommend it to any small or large company.

Cons

It is a little more difficult to use on a phone due to the size of the screen and how much of a calendar it can show, but I assume this would be the same on equivalent apps.

Peter R. Peter R.

Exactly what we needed

We were having a hard time tracking the requests and authorizations of time off both for sick time and vacation time for 2 different teams in our company. We were using a combination of a email request, a Google calendar and an Excel spreadsheet. It was brutal. Timetastic has greatly simplified that and even allowed me to see the time scheduled off on my calendar.

Pros

Simple to use for all staff and exactly what we needed.

Cons

I can't think of anything that we don't like.

Liz B. Liz B.

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Saves us time and love the name!

This has been good for our business....

Pros

Implementing this saves us lots of time, and enables everyone to keep track of their holidays. We also record sick leave, exam and study leave and unpaid leave. We can organise into departments with multiple approvers, and manage standard hours and odd working patterns by recording leave in hours not days. We can also keep the absences visible in outlook, so staff can quickly check who is in.

Cons

The order of staff on the Wall chart is odd. No idea what order it is in!

Sarah B. Sarah B.

Great product!

We have been using Timetastic for two years and have had no problems at all with the system. Very easy to add new starters etc and a very simple procedure to book time off. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

This is a very easy to use piece of software. It provides a very clear view of who is on holiday and when. Very easy to set up and can also be accessed via an app so you can book time off or sick leave from home etc. Fantastic value for money!

Cons

Nothing really to dislike. It would be handy to be able to sync it with a calendar in outlook (this might actually be possible but I'm unsure).

• Industry: Maritime

Overall a positive experience

Previous holiday recording was extremely clunky, based upon email requests and approvals and an Excel log. Timetastic gives us far more flexibility and takes the onus off one Approver and easily delegates that to Line Managers.

Pros

Simple to configure; intuitive for users; good VFM.

Cons

One requirement which Timetastic could not meet is allowing a particular leave type to be only approved by a specific Administrator.

We have the approval set per user to Dept Boss, and this is great for annual leave, sick leave, etc. but I have one leave type - Working from Home - which I would like only myself as Admin, not the Dept Bosses, to approve for all staff.

As yet (with a Support call logged) I have not seen a work-around for this.

Philipp T. Philipp T.

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

A modern solution to booking time off

Managing time off has become a breeze. Much easier to use than having excel docs or e-mailing HR to confirm allowances.

Pros

It's very useful that the timetastic software seamlessly integrates with mobile phones, making booking and approving holidays very easy to do, even on the go!

Cons

I cannot fault the software, it works as intended and is very easy to use.

James G. James G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great for our Business!

Tracks all of our team holidays, sickness and other absence, easy to use and can be locked down making it easy for managers to have full access and your team to see what they need to see.

Pros

Easy to use, does everything that we need it to do for full and part-time staff!

Cons

The old software was slightly dated, the new upgrades and the Favourites feature are a real help.

• Industry: Music

The Easiest Way to Track Attendance

We moved form a paper form request system to Timetastic which not only made the reqesting of leave more efficient but allowed us better plan business trips, meetings and events.

Pros

Ease of use
Quick, clear format for easy reference
Easy to adapt to the needs of the individual customer
Fast response time to any queries
Amazing value for money!

Cons

I would love this to link to onlin HR records systems - it is much easier to use than the holiday management processes included with many fully integrated packages.

• Industry: Design

Quick, easy holiday management

Our previous annual leave management was fully manual and completely useless, involving paper forms which got lost on desks for weeks. This meant that people put in clashing requests because they couldn't see who had already requested leave. Now that everything is online and integrated with our calendars and Slack, there's much more transparency and far fewer issues!

Pros

The simplicity - it's not cluttered or mixed up with lots of other functionality that we don't need.

Cons

The fact that you can't edit a holiday - you have to cancel and re-request. Sometimes this leads to admin thinking this is a new (perhaps last-minute) request because they don't realise it's just an adjustment to holiday which was already approved.

Michael N. Michael N.

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Does everything you need

Helps everyone keep an eye on days off and upcoming events

Pros

Ultra simple for everyone to use - I can book days off from work or request leave for other reasons by just clicking

Cons

Nothing - it does everything that is asked of it and is easiest way to keep track of annual leave across organisations

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Great software at a very good price

We've been able to much more easily see our leave schedule and keep track of allowances where previously we were struggling to keep up with spreadsheets.

Pros

The ability to very quickly schedule all of my staff's holiday is great and the integrations with Slack are spot on. Getting a message delivered to us about the day's leave is extremely useful. It's also very reasonably priced.

Cons

There's nothing really to not like. The UX is simple and easy to use.

Emma G. Emma G.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

App works really well for us.

We really like the app. It is intuitive and easy to use. Its makes keeping track of our annual leave very simple. It also works with Slack so we get updates without needing another app.

Pros

Its simple to use and to customise for our purposes

Cons

We allow people to carry 5 days over to the next calendar year but they have to use the days up before the end of Feb. It would be useful if I could tell the system this and it would remove any unused days for me automatically.

Max H. Max H.

So Efficient!

Great experience, easy to use and set up/implement within our business and has brought the way we book and manage leave to a new level.

Pros

It can be used on desktop or app so easy for remote colleagues and it keeps a central record. Approval is quick and easy, it manages clashes and is so easy to use.

Cons

I think that it is very cost effective and feel sure the time it saves in emails and managing less effective systems is more than covered.

Paul M. Paul M.
  • Industry: Information Services

Beautifully Simple

Timetastic is a low cost system that does exactly what it says it does

Pros

App based request are particularly useful. The approval process works really well, identifying clashes in teams.

Cons

There is very little not to like, the system works seamlessly