About SpotOn Restaurant

SpotOn Restaurant is a cloud-based point-of-sale solution that enables businesses to streamline processes related to food ordering, tableside payments, customer retention and more. The online ordering functionality enables...

Browse SpotOn Restaurant Reviews

Sunny C.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

It really is "Spot ON"

Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

Pros

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

Cons

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Northstar was a nightmare.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

The reporting end. The flexibility and the fact that you do all the programing in house. They are not just a company selling a product that they cant fix.
Christopher J.

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Jack of Cups Saloon

Amazing. Everyone from implementation to customer service to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (account executive) has been awesome to work with. Everyone really knows their stuff and has a passion to help in any capacity possible.

Pros

The ease of every function! From splitting checks to reading reporting. Everything was streamlined almost immediately!

Cons

Can be difficult to type on keyboard & with that comes some time wasted ensuring the message is typed properly.

Upserve and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

CC processing and outdated functionality. Reporting was too hard to read because the system had been around too long in the restaurant itself. There was no account executive to help these issues.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

Cost effective and the people. Everyone who I spoke with prior sold it by being themselves!
Andrew D.

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Game Changer

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Maitre'D, Clover, Toast POS and Aloha EPOS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Support was horrible in our rates keep going up where are you and transparent. The system will slow down it’s very unstable. Used it for 8 years.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

There was really no comparison in the features they offered for 40 to 50% lower with continued free support and updates cloud-based with free mobile back up plus all the marketing you get with the SpotOn platform was a huge deciding factor for us plus our rep was honest about each one of our choices he didn’t downgrade any other company just told us the difference between the competitors. We checked his data and he was 100% honest.

Top SpotOn Restaurant Alternatives

Nick V.

Reviewed on 16/02/2020

Best system ever!

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Pros

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Cons

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Nick L.

Reviewed on 26/09/2021

Loma Brew 'Head of Spot On'

My overall experience has been great with Spot On. I am 100% pro Spot On and would recommend it to almost anyone. The longer we've had it, the better it's gotten.

Pros

MY favorite thing about Spot On is how easy the BOH Management interface is to use. I love how I am able to adjust just about anything in seconds without having to wait on hold for an hour to adjust one menu item. Everything is pretty self explanatory, I just had to use it for a bit, but the more I use it the more I understand it.

Cons

The QR Codes have issues that other platforms seem to not have, starting tabs, glitches where people can't move to the next screen, no "guest login" option. We have an older crowd in our town and it isn't all that easy for them to use.

Bart D.

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

Great Experience and Awesome Support

The support is award winning in my opinion. Quick responses to early on questions and transparent pricing. Value added 3rd party add one.

Pros

Cloud based with reporting on the cloud. The fact that I can be off premise and have live data and managers app was huge. No contract was impressive and let me know they are with us through good and bad with option to walk away.

Cons

Wish inventory management was more robust or offered within. Not huge issue.

POSitouch, Toast POS and CAKE POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Wanted cloud based solution and tired of paying outrageous support fee every year with limited availability and hold times sometimes hours.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

We couldn’t justify the price of others for same features we got with SpotOn.
Afrim M.

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

This is the one you need for business to run

Fabulous

Pros

Very simple to use it and fast to learn

Cons

Actually I like it all there is nothing that I don’t like it

Vend

Better

Easy to use it
Tori W.

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Great product

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Tobby n tabitha J.

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Troubles gone away

There are so many people that have helped during the process of setup. The customer support is the best part. I never felt alone or as if things wouldn't get better. Great team! Great product.

Pros

Once everything is setup, the software is very easy to use. Not rocket science like I tell my staff. You click the right buttons and everything is a breeze.

Cons

The setup was awful. It took awhile to get things the way we needed them. Between us not knowing what we needed and Spot on trying to read our minds the process was rough but once we got it setup it has been great.

Clover and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn Restaurant

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the sales rep sold the product well.
Neil Z.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Great Restaurant Software - Working to be Great Retail Software

Having become a SpotOn customer in the middle of a pandemic and seeking to use their restaurant software for a retail store, it had many technical and operational challenges. We were both working in uncharted waters and it was difficult at times. Eventually, SpotOn was able to step up and provide the right level of support to help us. Their support team was always friendly and would frequently escalate matters as they worked to adapt their software for a retail platform. Because changes were instantaneous, we went through a period of incremental changes in order to keep our operation running while adapting the software to our needs. Today, they are proactive in checking on our account and help us quickly when necessary.

Pros

It has online shopping capabilities. In the start of the pandemic, we had to create an online shopping experience in our retail food barn to serve our vulnerable population. SpotOn was there and was competitively priced.

Cons

The customization and setup were initially complicated. There was a steep learning curve for the staff. This was mainly due to our attempt to use restaurant software to run a retail store. But, we made it work with the help of SpotOn support.

Nimer M.

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

EASE of Use

Love it- easy to use, team helps ALOT whenever I have issues or concerns. GREAT to work with

Pros

Love the fact that everything lives within the same ecosystem. Emails, management, analytics etc. EASY

Cons

Only thing is I need better social media coverage

Joseph L.

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Belladinas

Happy

Pros

Easy to use and the promise that they are growing and constantly updating

Cons

Inability to engage customer in rewards and contact information

Clover

Clover

Sales person
Sheila E.

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

SpotOn is a highly user friendly & efficient product!

This is a product that has made us see how antiquated and inefficient our old system really was! We also have a much higher level of security with this system as we had several fraud chargebacks with our old system. Now we are secure with SpotOn!

Pros

We love the ease of use & being able to change and manage our menus, website and also have the direct online ordering to save huge $$ by customers ordering directly they use instead of a 3rd party app! The terminals are sleek and adaptable to our business needs.

Cons

A few minor bumps getting it all going, but with the exceptional customer support we are now smooth sailing!!!

Toast POS

Price & customer support
Rosena T.

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

SpotOn is a great product!!

With SpotOn, splitting payments became much easier and faster. Once you get used to it, it is very user friendly!

Pros

The support is a superstar. Most of the time they answer my calls in less than 2 minutes. And they are willing to stay on the line with me to provide necessary support. And our agent, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is amazingly helpful. She's local and always there for us. Very attentive and helpful. Willing to spend her own time guiding us through issues!

Cons

The menu build out is pretty complicated if you don't attend at least 2 to 3 hours of conference call learning how to use it.

Billy S.

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

owner

the best systems and nice customers services

Pros

Ordering online was the best systems for us

Cons

i had to call the customers almost everyday about the systems

Bethany C.

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Best deal

Our experience with SpotOn has been wonderful!

Pros

We really love how easy the SpotOn team made setup and implementation. Any time we ran into an issue, they helped resolve it immediately. My staff and customers really enjoy the interface.

Cons

I didn't love how many different windows I needed to use. 3 is too many, to be honest. I couldn't remember what function was where, and needed to remember 3 different passwords.

Kristen B.

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Great Platform & Customer Service

We have really enjoyed being with SpotOn. The biggest reason we enjoy it is because of the great customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He is very responsive and quick to fix any issues we may be experiencing which is crucial when you have a restaurant full of customers. It's also a user friendly system for my employees.

Pros

My favorite feature of the software is the online reporting and tools to view and analyze orders.

Cons

The only difficult thing with the way our restaurant is set up is entering tips. We are unable to enter tips while the order is open and being used. Instead we have to navigate to our order list and enter after the transaction has disappeared which is more time consuming and harder to manager when you have a line of customers.

Andrea E.

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Bye Bye Micros! Hellllooo SpotOn!!

I love SpotOn! It has been a total game changer for me and how we operate our business. We can put in orders, print checks and process payments faster than ever before. I love all the reporting and watching my business grow from my phone. Thanks SpotOn!

Pros

I can not say ENOUGH good things about this system! But after 8 years of Oracle 7, E7 and Micros... I knew the Postec Help Desk people by name. I literally had to call them atleast one a week or more. Since we have unplugged it I have not looked back! SpotOn is user friendly (even for us older) staff members. The handhelds making ordering and paying a breeze. All reports are easy to read. I love I can check on my business anytime from my phone! This system has been a game changer for me.

Cons

It has a lot of different filter boxes. Although I set up the system, it takes me a minute to find appropriate commands. It has a lot of options!

Blake R.

Reviewed on 14/05/2021

Going from no pos system to SpotOn

Working faster, consistent, able to utilize software to track selling items

Pros

Easygoing experience to learn being this was our first system ever

ALL and I mean ALL staff for company is helpful, 24/7 and has resolved our user error questions within sec / min

System is so easy to use

Cons

From going to no system previously, we haven’t found cons besides not getting the system sooner!

Joyce C.

Reviewed on 25/08/2021

Best product I have used

Overall, SpotOn is better than anything else I have used

Pros

The customer service is far better than any others I have used

Cons

There are some programming for restaurants that have not always worked yet

Christina S.

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

Spoton in Reno

We love our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We are happy with our POS but wish we had more training on end of day because this affects us knowing how much cash we have/should have.

Pros

I like the reporting part of the app and the ease that my staff can solve issues like splitting checks or adding guests.

Cons

The end of day reporting. Our system seems glitchy and no one can give us answers but says no way it's glitchy.

Maireen M.

Reviewed on 01/09/2021

Great product and great service

Great experience

Pros

Easy to use and is so detailed everything you need to see the reports has it

Cons

I don’t like when i have to add an item is a little bit complicated and sometimes have to call support for help

Matthew F.

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

Savant Midtown Review

Pros

What I like most is how simple it is to change/add/remove menu items.

Cons

I have no dislikes for this software. So simple to use.

Bob C.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

POS at it's best!

Pros

SpotOn Restaurant is truly a great software and is full of features that I have never had access to before with other systems. With SpotOn, not only are you getting great software, but you are getting a great team. SpotOn is "all in" for their customer and offers so much more than just POS. Their entire suite of products include web design & hosting, online ordering, gift card, loyalty as well as 24/7 help desk. SpotOn has proven to be committed to both their dealers and customers. You can't go wrong with a great software backed by a great team to help you succeed.

Cons

No Cons so far. The software is extremely robust and stable.

Amy H.

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

New to industry

Great

Pros

User friendly and easy for employees to catch on

Cons

Anything that has to do with software has a downside