SpotOn Reviews

About SpotOn

SpotOn Restaurant is a cloud-based point-of-sale solution that enables businesses to streamline processes related to food ordering, tableside payments, customer retention and more. The online ordering functionality enables...

Browse SpotOn Reviews

Chuck
Chuck

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

Spoton partnership

They have improved our business in many ways helping us grow revenue through their different programs such as loyalty and QR ordering.

Pros

I feel like they are truly a partner to my business

Cons

They had some growing pains when we first start. They were new at the time but there customer service was excellent during those times.

Response from SpotOn

We love to hear it, Chuck. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Replied 27/09/2023

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

[sensitive content hidden] is STELLAR

Overall things are great. The support system is much improved than it was originally. I would still suggest that the same person working on a support ticket follow it through to the end/completion. We often have 3-4 people try to help us with issues and have to repeat the problem several times to get them up to speed. We are pleased with the improvements in reliability of the system compared to a year ago this time.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] is STELLAR! We have had the great fortune of working with him over the last 6 months. He is a man of many talents. He has helped us troubleshoot and resolve some printer issues (hardware), and worked through some programming issues (software) with our integration to R365 accounting. He is always very easy to work with and quick to respond. He is willing to really dig deep and figure out our issues. We love working with him.

Cons

Early on we could tell that you were growing too fast and too big. There were lots of situations with lapse in communication and release of new features that didn't work properly. As well several times that the reporting sites when down during very busy shifts. It didn't earn a lot of trust with our teams. We really want to implement the Handheld devices for our servers and the product is completely different than the workstation. Its like teaching someone to use 2 different systems. Make them the same please. AND SOON!

Response from SpotOn

We appreciate your feedback, Daniel, and want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses, so we've passed along your feedback on our handhelds and work stations.
We're glad to hear about your experience with your Restaurant Success Manager and that you've had an improved experience with our support team. Customer service is extremely important to use.
Thank you for being a part of the SpotOn family, Daniel and we look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Replied 19/02/2024
Josh

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

RUN FROM THEM!

Worst in my 29 years of businesses, hands down, not even a close second.

Pros

Nothing, staff doesn’t like it, customer service is the worst in amy industry ive ever been in and ive owned over 100 business's in my career.

Cons

Everything! Worst service from top to bottom ive ever experienced on a consistent basis.

Top SpotOn Alternatives

Patrick

Reviewed on 06/03/2023

Very Customizable POS System. Excellent Reporting. All features needed for success.

Reporting has been amazing and has really helped our manager stay on top of their metrics.Integrations with 7 Shifts scheduling has been a game changer.We are detailed technical people so we were able to customize many features that made sense for our restaurants. Not the prettiest UI, more like an Android but no major complaints from servers.

Pros

The Reporting is a STAR versus our experiences with other POS like CAKE, NCR/Aloha.There are alot of great features that cater to tableside service restaurants like ours.A little overwhelming but There is a custom feature for almost every different item in the restaurant. Authorizations for different roles, control of delivery services, multi-location management, modifiers, discounts. Much more robust than other services I have used (CAKE, UPSERVE/Lightspeed, NCR)

Cons

The Sales Staff was not the friendliest. The implementation team also had a very bad attititude. The job got done with both but it was a rough experience.Customer service is decent. They have been getting better over time! A few downtime issues have occurred and SpotOn does not have an offline payment processing mode.They do however, install back-up 5G LT but forgot to train our managers on how to switch over to this network quickly.

CAKE and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

We were using Upserve and customer service was terrible. Lightspeed purchased Upserve and it only got worse during the transition. Some system updates made the POS unusable.

Lightspeed Restaurant

Reporting, sleekness, and pricing

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your feedback, Patrick. We are constantly evolving our tech and services to support businesses better. We've passed this feedback to the appropriate teams on our end, but we're happy you are enjoying the Reporting feature & other capabilities.

Replied 09/03/2023
Sunny

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

It really is "Spot ON"

Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

Pros

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

Cons

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Northstar was a nightmare.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

The reporting end. The flexibility and the fact that you do all the programing in house. They are not just a company selling a product that they cant fix.
Michal

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Just the Begining

There have been ups and downs, a few network outages and quirks that required support but overall we are getting to know the equipment and with the Help of [sensitive content hidden]
are tweaking the software and hardware to where it helps us process the customers and payments.

Pros

I like the fact that this is flexible when it comes to hardware, when you can have a multitude of registers and handheld devices.

Cons

What still needs to be expanded is the handheld device. The device will take orders but the process to create the order is a multi step process and when you are busy this increases the stress. Plus the device has a scanner but will not scan upc codes, so you can't use this to process order without manual entry and that is not efficient.

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

the reason we choose Spoton is because the fees seemed to be less on a per transaction and the credit card fees, ability to get a loan, features and overall cost was better than most of the other vendors

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your feedback, Michal. We are constantly evolving our tech and its capabilities to better support businesses and have passed this feedback to the appropriate teams. We appreciate you leaving us a review, and we welcome you to the SpotOn family!

Replied 17/11/2023
Juliane
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

SpotOn Review for Multiple Brands & Locations

Overall we are pleased with SpotOn POS in all of our restaurants. Being so new to the game, it feels at times that their support teams are learning as they go. There are things we have had to figure out on our own with loyalty, gift card processing, email marketing, etc. Sense of urgency when it comes to support is an area of opportunity for SpotOn on, but [sensitive content hidden] and the other members of the Restaurant Success Team have been able to jump in and assist as needed.

Pros

The Above Store dashboard is extremely helpful and easy to use. Reporting is detailed and in real time. Menu Item programming and screen layout is very user friendly and easier than other POS systems. SpotOn Reserve is a great addition at all of our locations and helps speed up seating, wait list estimates, organize reservations and makes our Host teams more efficient. [sensitive content hidden] (SpotOn Restaurant Success Manager) has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She is hands down the most knowledgeable and helpful person on their team!

Cons

Our initial launch was a little rocky, and rolling out gift cards with Valutec and the loyalty program through SpotOn had quite a few speed bumps.

Response from SpotOn

We appreciate your feedback, Juliane. We will be sure to pass this along to the Restaurant Success Team! Small businesses are at the core of local communities, and we're proud to help support you and your business.

Replied 23/02/2023
Nachely

Reviewed on 08/11/2023

Customer Service

Pros

We appreciate the responsiveness of the staff at SpotOn. We feel supported by their support team and like we have contingencies in place in case something were to go wrong like internet outtage and system glitches. We feel these would be quickly handled and tended to.

Cons

There's a learning curve with SpotOn. The system can be a little bit confusing to understand at first because you have to be navigate different websites. However, the staff is always available.

Aloha EPOS and Clover

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

We feel we are well supported and cared for. We don't feel like one of the many accounts and are always met with quick resolutions.

talech and Toast POS

Response from SpotOn

We appreciate the feedback, Nachely. Customer support is important to us, and we're happy to hear about your experience with our team - especially during your initial learning curve. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Replied 09/11/2023
Courtney

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

[sensitive content hidden] is AMAZING

Pros

The ease of the system now that I know what is happening.

Cons

Reservations portal is the area that really has me confused.

Response from SpotOn

Thanks for the shoutout, Courtney! Customer service is important to us, and we're glad to hear about your experience with our team.

Replied 11/03/2024
cristian
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/04/2024

simple to set up and use

Pros

ease of set up. easy to combine with our other products

Cons

fees are higher than some of the other options

Nick

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

Pros

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

Cons

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

Debbie

Reviewed on 01/04/2022

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, Eischen's Bar and SpotOn

From the very beginning when we started using SpotOn only for credit cards we have felt valued as a customer. This value has only increased as we moved into the POS system. Our sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] made sure if he did not know the answer he investigates and found it for us during our decision making process. He was very diligent in his response and overall communications and continues to be available for our needs. The support staff with SpotOn especially Don Bisbee has made sure our conversion to SpotOn's POS system was a very positive experience. He continues to check in and be available for all of our needs. Don spend many hours with us during the conversion and made sure we were extremely comfortable with the product before his next install. His attention to detail in regards to the KDS portion of the POS was invaluable. He is a great representative of SpotOn

Pros

This was our second POS system and the anxiety of change was high. SpotOn did a great job in working with us from the menu design through install date. We are a unique restaurant that is very set in our ways. SpotOn did a great job grasping our needs and adjusting / showing which portion of their software would work for us. The software is very user friendly and was easier to adjust to than expected. SpotOn has been very prompt with any questions/requests/problems we have come across thus eliminating them.

Cons

We include taxes with our food items and the existing Daily Sale Reports breakdown as net. We have been able to adjust our reporting to accommodate and SpotOn is always working on new reports. It would also be nice to have a product mix report you can run for a specific timeframe.

Aloha Cloud

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Our system was purchased from a local company in 2013. We were very spoiled by working with a small company that valued our business. That company was bought out from NCR and our system was antiquated. NCR support was difficult to communicate with and the response time was slower than we were used to.

Aloha Cloud

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

SpotOn made us feel valued as a family business and worked hand in hand with us to create the POS system layout we needed for our restaurant.

Response from SpotOn

This is music to our ears! We appreciate your input and value your business. Thank you for the feedback on reporting; I've reached out to your account rep to try to help find a solution to the reporting limitation you're experiencing. We look forward to finding a solution for you!

Replied 06/04/2022
Reagan

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

Wish I would've looked at reviews

I have had nothing but issues from the very moment I agreed to sign up. I was sold hard on the program as it was hard for me to make the change, and once I signed up- it was nothing but issues. At one point I just went back to my original Point of Sale and continued just making my monthly payments on the SpotOn program still trying to get my funds refunded back to me. One of the managers actually had the audacity to negotiate my refund amount with me. Then told me my previous rep had called them and told them she didn't make a mistake and that I had signed up for splitting the transaction fee with my customer? WHAT.

Pros

I thought the ease of taking a credit card as payment would be beneficial to my business. A lot of Point of Sale systems charge a transaction fee for each transaction, so to me, it should help me make things flow smoother day to day.

Cons

What I like the very least about SpotOn is the amount of missing funds that I found when I looked into my account. I had to then go spend quite a bit of time double checking everything to make sure I was getting paid. That alone was the biggest deterrent. The application, and what I found out later was their only contract, which was unfortunate because our service representative signed us up for both fee options not one or the other. Our business had the option to pass along the fee to the customer or to split the fee with the customer. For some reason, we were signed up for both. We had some pages that were showing one way and others for another option. I trusted my rep to submit the application in completion and for some reason that did not happen. The odd thing was that a couple months into our contract, the fee was option was switched. They claimed it was changed because it was incorrect. No one informed us of this. The new fee was different from what I had intially signed up for. One rep on the phone looked up our contract online and also made the statement that it looked like we had signed up for both options. But how could that have made any sense? Were we getting charged for even more? I reached out to my rep about the fees coming out on our end as well as the customers and was told she would look into it. Never heard back. Months later when my funds got frozen, I reached out to her only to find out she was let go. No one told me, I just was left without help.

Response from SpotOn

Hi Reagan, we're sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced. It looks like we've been actively working with you on a resolution for the past week, and we look forward to getting things resolved for you as soon as possible!

Replied 17/07/2023
Bret

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Glad I made the switch

Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

Pros

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!!

I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

Cons

So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!

Lightspeed Retail and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Because of outrageous charges from our previous POS, poor customer service, lack of care for the customer, and them feeling like they were doing us a favor for being our POS System!!!

Heartland Restaurant

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

Local rep, Complete system setup, pricing was great, and was recommended by friend that owns a restaurant nearby.

Reviewed on 30/08/2021

Loma Brewing Company

SpotOn has been terrific right from the beginning. I've used multiple POS and this is the best thus far

Pros

Love the ease of use, reporting, and customer service

Cons

QR code program needs review. As we move into counter service from full service structure, it needs to be easier for the guest

Steuart

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Antonio’s for SpotOn

Pros

Ease of use, customization, and back end reporting are amazing. Far more business analytics than most people will ever use. Customer support is incredible!!

Cons

There’s not really anything we don’t like. It’s easy to use and the support team keeps us going when we need to change or update something.

Clover, Revel Systems and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Focus was horrible and customer support was non existent

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the difference for us! She’s a great rep.
Scott

Reviewed on 25/08/2021

SpotOn Review

From sales cycle to installation to on-going support, this company responds and with amazing capabilities!!!

Pros

How easy. it is to use and it's very intuitive. From the very start, our sales rep was truthful (hard to find), dependable, and. actually delivers on absolutely everything he says will be done or can be done and he's there is any capacity I need him, even after the sales cycle has ended. I know I can count on [SENSETIVE CONTENT] and anyone I contact at the company for assistance!!!

Cons

I wish all the various, behind the scenes, capacities were grouped in one location so you wouldn't have to check various areas to find the command you are looking for.

Ganesh Reddy
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

safe place to stay spoton

SpotOn is one of the quickest developing programming and installment organizations with complete, cloud-based innovation for organizations of different kinds and sizes. Known for its quick advancement and customized help, SpotOn offers a start to finish programming and installment stage to smooth out tasks, further develop the client experience, and increment benefit. From consistent and productive retail location frameworks to incorporated administration arrangements worked for the quickly developing ventureSpotOn is one of the quickest developing programming and installment organizations with complete, cloud-based innovation for organizations of different kinds and sizes. Known for its quick advancement and customized help, SpotOn offers a start to finish programming and installment stage to smooth out tasks, further develop the client experience, and increment benefit. From consistent and productive retail location frameworks to incorporated administration arrangements worked for the quickly developing venture.

Pros

Eatery proprietors share a large number of similar battles in overseeing and developing their organizations. Issues, for example, continuous venture level announcing, administrative center updates quickly accessible on all stations, including their internet requesting website, controlling work cost, and finance revealing. Furthermore with the combination with outsider conveyance benefits, the expense reserve funds by disposing of client mistake is ending up an enormous element. SpotOn Café gives the instruments and assets that are important for free thinkers as well as multi-chain public brands

Cons

SpotOn Eatery is a cloud-based retail location arrangement that empowers organizations to smooth out processes connected with food requesting, tableside installments, client maintenance from there, the sky is the limit. The web based requesting usefulness empowers organizations to make custom menus, acknowledge online demands and divert the request to the kitchen on an incorporated stage.

Response from SpotOn

Thanks for the thoughtful review, Ganesh! We appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Replied 06/01/2023
Ricardo

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

SCAM ALERT! It is impossible to cancel the SUBSCRIPTION. CASE #01113490

Pros

I am beginning to think that the spoton company is a SCAM. I did not like anything about the comapany and its device, the device was slow to process the transactions and the other half the time it did not process the transactions at all. It has been over two months since i tried cancelling my subscription it has been impossible to cancel. One thing that has been possible is taking money out my account. Every time i called some higher up suppose to call me back but never does. I am going to report this SCAMPANY to the authorities

Response from SpotOn

Ricardo, we are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. James Clark, a member of our team, has been trying to contact you over the phone and via email. Please let us know if there's a better number or address to reach you at. You should see a refund of $25.00 for the Platform Fee pending on your bank statement today. For additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us at [email protected]

Replied 10/08/2023
Katie

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

I love Spoton!

Well, we modified spoton and made it our online ordering system during lockdown.
It probably saved us $3k plus online ordering commissions.

Pros

Easy to use, modifications are easy, wide range of variables built in to customize to your restaurants needs.

Cons

I wish I could customize a blackout time for a specific section by day (instead of all seatings) versus editing the floorplan exceptions. Example: when I know it is going to be 100 degrees tomorrow, that I could create a blackout time, for the patio, from 430-630pm.

Also, I wish we had more characters for reservation messaging.

Lady, I wish we could require credit cards for Google reservations (the verification code confuses people). They think it is a confirmation code.

Response from SpotOn

Thanks for your candid review, Katie! I'm really excited to share with you that we have some solutions for you. 1). Taking Deposits/Credit Card Holds through Google requires changes to the Google process, which we have not been able to do to this point. We will continue to try to get this capability through Reserve with Google.
2). Blocking reservations in a specific section during specific times of operation is currently in development and will be released later this year.
3). The program specifically limits texting to the 160 character carrier limit to control costs associated with the program and maintain Reserve's best value in the industry profile.
4). Reserve will be eliminating its use of verification codes for reservations with the upcoming June 2022 software update. We hope this helps!

Replied 23/05/2022
nicholas
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 10/04/2023

Spot On saved my business with top brand dropped me MID AFTERNOON for no reason. Spot on has...

its been great. I'm very happy with spot on and have no intentions to leave them , even if a company came along and offered .04 less, id say no.

Pros

they seamlessly took over for my previous company when they dropped me mid afternoon 4 years ago. Im loyal to spot on for that

Cons

it would be nice if they added some value added features like ability to access my money with a visa/mc, or ability to rush money to bank for small %. also, Apple Pay, contactless would be nice.

Response from SpotOn

We love to hear it, Nicholas. We're happy to hear our team was able to get you up and running quickly. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Replied 11/04/2023
Misha

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Decent System, Terrible Service

Pros

Cloud based, deep functionality, generally good/responsive tech support

Cons

Terrible customer support. Our "rep" is either dead, in prison, or having a laugh. Completely unreachable. The same goes for the so-called "restaurant support managers". Repeated calls and emails have gone entirely unanswered. I need simple answers to basic billing and feature questions. Bupkis. We're planning on ditching this platform if they don't get their act together right quick.

Response from SpotOn

Hi Misha, we apologize for the troubles you've experienced getting some answers to your questions. I see that your dedicated success manager has reached out a few times this week and was able to connect for a call with you today. I hope this helps resolve your problems and that you can work closely with her moving forward! Thank you for your business.

Replied 27/10/2022
Brooke

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Love the Features

I love that we have no outstanding tabs! That has saved us thousands of dollars. We added a credit card swipe and anyone wanting to start a tab has to have their credit card swiped prior to a tab being opened, this is huge for us as a golf course because we get people starting tabs, golfing and leaving. The set up and integration was good, it was quick and overwhelming, but the helpline and our rep have made it easy to navigate.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the functionality of it. There are so many different scenarios that come up daily that one button doesn't cover it, Spot On makes it easy to adjust my POS on the fly and also in the BOH. It's laid out in a manner that makes sense and is easy to teach and use.

Cons

It was tough at first to figure out what we were missing with our orders, as in what needed to be added as options or sub lists. I wish there was a cheat sheet for users with regard to refunding a credit card or purchase, or how to change where an item is located, etc. Just general little things that you don't use often but forget how to do it and end up calling support.

Response from SpotOn

Hi Brooke, thanks for this review and for sharing your thoughts on a "cheat sheet" for future reference. We have a detailed help center called Knowledgebase which I've dropped a link for below. It has a lot of tutorials for these occasions! I hope it helps you in the future. https://help.spoton.com/page/spoton-restaurant

Replied 10/08/2022
Kimberly

Reviewed on 04/11/2022

Need an account representative

The phone help support is amazing and they are readily available for assistance. My only complaint is that I don't have an account executive and if I do I can't reach them i have been trying for months and still can not get assistance. The general support has sent emails but no one reaches our.

Pros

Pretty user friendly and the customer support is great

Cons

Satisfied with software very unhappy with the fact I can't reach an account executive

Toast POS

Customer service and accessibility

Response from SpotOn

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and providing this feedback. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Restaurant Success Manager or Account Executive, but I need some additional information like your restaurant's name to look them up. Please reply to me here at [email protected] so I can better help support you! Best,

Replied 08/11/2022
Hillary

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

Handles Heavy Volume with Ease!

When looking for a new POS, we were looking for a unicorn product that could do things we only dreamed of, and found it in SpotOn. We can integrate Loyalty, Reserve, POS, Handhelds, Credit Card Processing, Reporting and soon Online Ordering through one program! We wanted handheld devices for speed, order accuracy, and payment table side that did not take away from the guest experience and have loved the clean interface we get with SpotOn too. Our customer service experiences are second to none with extremely fast response times and a service minded team backing what we do everyday.

Pros

Speed of Service with the integration of handheld POS for servers, and lightning fast credit card processing has increased our throughput and keep us at the top of our game. BOH programming and ease of integration has made this a game changer for our team, handhelds improved accuracy and flawless guest experiences.

Cons

Does not integrate easily with scheduling software.