About Zendesk Suite

Zendesk is a cloud-based help desk management solution offering customizable tools to build customer service portal, knowledge base and online communities. The solution offers a customizable front-end portal, live chat features...

4.2

Browse Zendesk Suite Reviews

3,450 of 3,450 reviews
Aleksandra

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Great client support platform

Overall, a well developped product.

Pros

The variety of features and that we were able to customize them based on our team's needs.

Cons

It takes a few rounds to get used to it.

Alain Mukanuna
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 22/01/2023

Incredible Features and Affordable Prices Make Zendesk Suite the Ideal Customer Service...

Overall, Zendesk Suite is an excellent customer service platform for small to medium-sized businesses. It's easy to use, feature-rich, and incredibly affordable. We've been very satisfied with our experience.

Pros

Zendesk Suite has been a game-changer for our customer service operations. We have been able to provide quicker response times, better analytics, and overall better customer service thanks to the platform. It's also incredibly intuitive and easy to use, so our team was able to get up to speed quickly.

Cons

The analytics could be more detailed and the reporting tools could use some improvements.

Abid
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/12/2022

Excellent

Excellent

Pros

Impactful software mangment system and problem solving

Cons

Quick and comprehensive accuracy regarding time

Top Zendesk Suite Alternatives

Benjamin

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Solid System to Capture Customer Emails and Calls

Zendesk has been helpful for us to help collect our emails, form captures and calls. Sort them within a ticketing system, and prioritize the tickets as needed. And send them to the person who will reply. Not having someone who has to answer the phone, and then pass that message to the appropriate person is a big help for us.

Pros

We have connected Zendesk to our contact form on our website, and our phone system. Whenever someone fills out any of our forms, this heads to Zendesk. Whenever someone calls our phone number, Zendesk records the call and also attempts to make a text version of the call (not always the greatest, but not too bad). We no longer have to have someone answer the phone with this service, which has saved us a lot of hassle.

Cons

It often feels like Zendesk wants the information to stay within Zendesk. As a small company we may get support emails, sales emails, people applying for jobs, etc. all of which need to get to different people, and it could be easier to get the email directly to that person. The speech-to-text for the calls could be a bit better too (though we appreciate the feature!).

Zoho Social and LiveAgent

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

Other products have too many features that were not needed by our company.
Stacey

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Zendesk is robust and customizable, but....

Mixed bag. We definitely have a love hate relationship with this software.

Pros

Robust reporting, customizable to fit your needs.

Cons

To be the largest and most popular support software in the industry, their customer support is TERRIBLE. It takes weeks to get a response, and even then they don't read your email. They send macro responses and give the wrong advice. I've had someone tell me that you can't do one thing or another, when we are clearly already doing it in our setup.

Bob
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Zendesk Suite - Great Features, Horrible Service

The product allows us to manage our customers needs and expectations well. I just wish the customer service provided by Zendesk matched the capabilities of their software.

Pros

The ticketing features are outstanding with this product - they allow you to manage your customers' requests and problems quickly and accurately.

Cons

The customer service provided by Zendesk has gotten really bad. It's hard to get a return call or an answer in a timely fashion any more.

Arjun

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

Multi channel CRM software for large enterpises.

Pros

Multiple integrations in one product, powerful reporting systems.

Cons

Too many features for a junior resource to understand.

Zoho Desk
Eulogia

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Champions of customer service

Very useful software, customer experiences are powerful and innovative as it helps to connect successfully. It's everything you need in one package. I recommend it 100%

Pros

Zendesk offers a package with multiple benefits such as email, phone, social networks, customer support chat, built-in phone support, a Tabbed interface to view multiple tickets at once and a very important application is the creation of a help center with documentation and a self-service portal for customers and finally, this platform is suitable for all types of companies: large, medium, small as it is quite easy to use

Cons

On very few occasions there are difficulties with loading and sending data

• Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

Zendesk Support

I highly recommend especially on a teamwork ICT environments.

Pros

Since its a web based solution, less expensive to maintain also no headache of data management. One of the best cloud ticket solution for ICT department ticket tracking.

Cons

Often we had issue of not getting notifications, like it pausing and then all mails of ticket number would come at once many of them as messing your inbox.

Soumaila

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Software that assists and helps improve customer service efficiency.

My customers and employees don't have to wait long to get answers to their concerns. They have all the information they want in real time.

Pros

The availability of several languages is a huge asset. In addition, it is very practical and easy to use. We have a possibility to create tickets automatically. I recommend it because the trial period is one month.

Cons

Being a novice with the tool, I am satisfied with the results because they meet my expectations.

Ted
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Need help from Zendesk? Forget it. Don't even bother.

Horrible. I only use this software because it would be a hassle porting all existing tickets over to a different platform. I needed billing support from them, and my ticket was 'escalated' to the Finance department, but nobody ever got back to me in time. Literally a few days went by and not one word from my Zendesk agent. They have a poor support system. So, if you don't ever need help with anything and know what you're doing, then ZD is probably for you.

Pros

The software functions nicely. It is very well put together. They make it easy to run a help desk.

Cons

The support, or lack thereof. If you need support for this software, they take a long, long time to get back to you. You better know what you're doing, because if you need to get a hold of them, I wish you the best of luck.

Freshservice

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite

A couple years ago, Freshdesk was lacking in features. I recently discovered they updated their platform.

Pat

Reviewed on 06/01/2020

Market Leader in Ticketing Software (Probably)

Overall, Zendesk allowed us to create a new ticketing platform and process for the business. Its integration with Slack drove great user adoption and encouraged submissions. This platform allowed us to report on the most common IT and biz ops issues at our org while allowing "agents" to service and help the team effectively. It's pretty ideal that you can manage your workload, triage requests, and reply to folks all in a few clicks. It's really all-in-one if you integrate with your CRM too.

Pros

Top features for me in this tool were the GoodData reporting flexibility, ticket automation, and clean user experience. We didn't leverage the knowledge base, although being able to click to directly create an article after a ticket submission seemed like a slick feature.

The ability to add lots of custom fields of varying types, create automation based on those fields, and rout tickets to end users was key. There's great flexibility in what you can achieve between the user permissions, user groups, and the form/landing page as part of the tool.

Cons

Some of the out of the box reporting seemed a little bit wonky in comparison with what I would pull in the GoodData insights area. Honestly, very few cons about Zendesk, although the price is a bit steep for a ticketing platform. This being said, though, it's very powerful and you get what you pay for with software.

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

The clean user interface and many features. It was less clunky/old school than some of the other options. Integration options for Zendesk were superior.
Shayla

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

We've reduced customer service handling time with Zendesk

Using Zendesk, our customer care representatives are able to obtain the information they need on their own. When I handle the articles, I hear nothing but good things about how this program makes my job easier and more productive. They may use slack to look for answers, and the results will be linked to relevant articles in Zendesk. Zendesk may be easily integrated with other services, such as slack.

Pros

I loved Zendesk because of its features and thorough reports. However, I found it tough to use and far more difficult to produce reports than other CRMs and Helpdesks. Compared to other Helpdesks, the social analytics are similarly low. The Suite's triggers are among my favorites. One of the most important advantages for us is the sheer number of plugins and integrations available.

Cons

The difficulty of creating dashboards and the amount of time it takes to do so annoy me. Because of this, the dashboard might be a bit confusing at times, with data that are out of sync.

Nick

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Zendesk - Robust Ticketing Software

We used Zendesk at 3 of my last 4 jobs. The last 2 at my suggestion. We handle a diverse amount of different customer issues and its a great system to manage and track all the different interactions our customers are having as well as the agents that are handling them.

Pros

The ticketing platform was much easier to use than our antiquated ticketing service we used. I like the different options and features that Zendesk has vs some of the other companies out there.

Cons

The interface is a little tricky if you have not used it before. So unless you have a diverse knowledge of ticketing software the hill can be a little hard to climb at first, but once you do its smooth sailing from there.

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite

Konfigure was an older system that allowed for ticketing to be done, but it was not capable of handling the things we needed and the volume we were taking on.

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

Cheaper and more options at the time of switching. Although Freshdesk was more used friendly at first, it didnt really meet our needs.
Christiane

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

A lot of features and fast and easy to use ticket system

Zendesk is the most customizable ticket system in the market, a lot of features that can help to automate things. Plus you can also install apps that could be useful.

Pros

Zendesk has a lot of features, and customizable templates, it's not that easy to use as other CRM, so it may required traning, however this is because the highly customizable settings, and options the products offers.

It's really easy to answer 100 tickets at the same time, using templates that will show the client's name and information,

Overall a really good product, a bit expensive, but it offers a lot of features which makes the product a good product and good benefit.

Cons

It can be very complex/difficult at certain point due all the features that they offer.

HelpDesk and LiveChat

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite

Because we were trying to find a more customizable option :)

Salesforce Sales Cloud
Narendra Kumar

Reviewed on 21/08/2022

Best Email Support Platform, If you are dealing with more Customers.

Having a track of support tickets we are getting and how many of them are solved, how much average time they are taken to get solved, and who had solved them. etc. these metrics are something that we can't get access in traditional email platforms. Zendesk is the platform that helped us in setting up all these things with ease and solved the biggest headache of ours.

Pros

The way it delivers the emails to the right customer support agent based on the query. We used to deal with a lot of customers and it is not possible for us to go with the G-mail to solve the customer queries and especially when there are a lot of queries with different categories. we have chosen Zendesk to segregate emails automatically and based on the query and also to which certain emails should fall. We have used the autoreply function for some of the emails where there is a standard reply. It is a pretty good dashboard to track the support tickets as well as team performance.

Cons

Not sure, as I didn't find any flaws in my usage time.

Freshdesk and Zoho Desk

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

Not sure why we have taken Zendesk, however never felt regret after going for it.
MARLON
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Fastest way to connect and interact with your website visitors!

A wonderful tool to have on our Resort website! This tool has helped my team and myself close sales in less than 15 mins. Definitely a great tool for support as well. It's a faster and convenient way for clients to reach out to us and get information which leads to great costumer service! My team is very satisfied with Zendesk Chat and we look forward to its continuous updates! It is part of our sales & support team! Keep up the good job!

Pros

That our clients can visit our website and ask questions right away about our services and our team helps them I'm purchasing the right services there and then! We can see clients who visit our website and we can interact with them and offer assistance. My team has closed sales just by chatting with clients, which makes this a wonderful tool! We are very pleased with this service.

Cons

My team is very happy and pleased with this software! We have no complaints. It's very useful as it helps us provide instant support to our clients. This is part of our sales team!

LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite

We found Zendesk to be a feature rich tool and was the best fit for our Resort website. We certainly don't regret having chosen Zendesk!

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Zendesk Makes Support Easy

Overall, working with Zendesk has been a breeze. It's user-friendly, simple and quick. The Zendesk team is always available to answer questions or help you pull reports. I never want to use another ticketing system.

Pros

Zendesk is super easy to use. Our Support team loves how simple it is to find and response to customer requests and issues. Zendesk also makes metrics tracking extremely easy with pre-fab dashboards that are quickly customizable.

Cons

There are a few integrations that could use some work, like the Zendesk //Hubspot integrations. One of them is great, but the other does not provide much value.

Front and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite

Front was not as intuitive as Zendesk. Front it also an email management system and does not support the needs of a ticket-based support team.

Front
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Best in complaint management

Its really a simple to use application which assists my organization in collation and processing of clients realtime data. This helped my organization in organizing our services and making improved responses to customer complaints and this definitely built a considerable amount of trust. Thumbs up to Zendesk

Pros

This application has kept us organized for quite sometime especially on the platform of issue resolution of our clients and ticketing. It is a very user friendly application with campaign management and provision of real time data. It is simply a very useful tool.

Cons

I would have loved such a very resourceful tool to have a feature for network monitoring and realtime chatting feature, this would have made its operation more seamless. The major problem is the customer care which I believe doesn't exist.

Michele

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

It's what everybody's doing

Overall, Zendesk makes customer service more efficient. As a manager, I'm able to see my employees satisfaction ratings, how long they spent that day answering emails, how long it takes them in general to answer an email, how long they spent on the phone, etc. Zendesk has been great in streamlining my customer service team while also optimizing the customer's experience.

Pros

Seems like Zendesk is the go-to for any e-commerce site these days. I wish there was another company that had the same amount of features and functionalities as zendesk does but I haven't found one. The chat widget is easy to implement and I like the option to have the "help" functionality act as a buffer between the customer and chat- we have the customer first try to find the answer to whatever question they have by searching our "help" articles. Then, if they can't find the answer they're looking for there, they can choose to chat with a live agent. This helps our customer service agents get the most out of their time- they're not chatting answering obvious questions that can be found all over our website (for the most part..).

Cons

What I like least about Zendesk is the automated "your ticket is open" and "your ticket is closed" functionality. This confuses customers a lot. We will close a ticket (email chain) and then zendesk automatically sends out to the customer a separate email that says "hour request is now closed." This really confuses customers- especially older ones. They'll send us a separate email saying "what request? what is closed" and we have to explain it to them, and then close the ticket again, thus sending the same "your request is now closed" email to them. Sometimes it's an endless circle.

Shari

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

A Multipurpose Customer Service Management Tool

Pros

This software allows me to take calls, handle tickets, handle chats and review my internal resources in one place! Different departments have different queues to keep everyone's work separated and with a quick switch of an assignee, you can escalate or deescalate tickets as needed. The software allows the creation of macros/canned responses that can be limited to specific teams but are easily accessible whether it be for a ticket or a chat. The phone call plug in and chat plug ins are easily accessible as well, and can be deactivated for users who should not have access to those features. The chat and phone call notifications are loud and consistent so an agent won't ever miss a service request (unless due to negligence or poor connection). You can customize how many chats an agent should handle at a time and how long an agent can get 'wrap up' time after a call. Tickets are automatically populated after a phone call or chat has been established so an agent can follow up with a customer after they've spoken with them in real time.

Other features of Zendesk that I like is it can be used as a help center for FAQs and an onboarding site. So you can use it for job postings to outline the criteria for jobs or gigs and for the application.

Cons

I dislike that this software does not come with its own dark mode feature. All software are integrating that feature into their UI but Zendesk dark mode features can only be accessed through third party developers, some of whom are trying to charge exorbitant amounts per account.

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

Zendesk has been crucial for the success of our CS team to scale in size

Tremendous scaling benefits. Adding more users is not just easy, but we have recourse to ensure that our teams can grow at their own paces without worrying if the software can keep up. Zendesk can absolutely keep it; it does not even flinch.

Pros

Consistency: Very few service outages and very little change in UI and product structure. Both of these things create a more familiar and consistent workflow.

Robust: Robust is a buzz-phrase I try and avoid using, but honestly the robustness of Zendesk is one of the primary reasons we transitioned to it away from HelpScout in 2017. Everything is fairly robust; reports, ticket indexing, integrations, customizations, admin tools, inbox monitoring, and so on.

Connectedness: Zendesk makes it super easy to have specific teams stay connected with eachother; not just the support team. We can have folks all across our company set up in Zendesk to help with JIRA reports, historical sales information through Salesforce from our Salesforce admins, folks on research teams, EAMs, and so forth. We can all play in this giant Zendesk sandbox together in our own corners with ease.

Cons

Innovation: Zendesk seems to have done all of its innovation years ago as the product has achieved a plateau of functionality of features

Support: I very much dislike Zendesk's support set up. The amount of money you pay them seems to have a significant impact on your ability to get quick support help. Instead, they depend heavily on an open forum system where other Zendesk users try and help support eachother. Often these support threads turn into a bash-fest with poor attitudes.

Christopher
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

The system can easily be configured to meet your requirements

Their help during challenges has been brilliant and responsive, regardless of how confounded or top to bottom the issue could end up being.

Pros

I've used Zendesk for a while, and something I like the most is the way flexible it is. It tends to be utilized by different groups, each with its own arrangement of SLAs, timetables, and structures. The framework can without much of a stretch be designed to meet your prerequisites and refreshed as those necessities change to meet any new requirements. They give full detailing usefulness from the get-go, with the capacity to make altered revealing with a simple to-utilize interface. You can likewise design a completely utilitarian assistance place with help articles that can be sectioned in view of client and specialist credits.

Cons

There are some features like cooperative ticket tasks that require you to find outsider applications from the commercial center to help, along with some characteristics like moving a specialist from one gathering to the next that will cause all tickets issued to that specialist to be reassigned back to the first gathering.

Sohaib

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Life for Support - Zendesk

Pros

I use Zendesk talk on a daily basis from past 4 years. ZD talk is being used by the company which I am working for and all our other sister concerns as well. ZD Talk has been separated by Brands in the system and we are managing the companies. Calls come in and go out from the Software and it is very rare that we face an issue and mostly it is fixed with a little bit of tweaking in the settings or providing privileges. Our whole software support team and professional services use the product to interact through it and get all personnel updated. I have myself asked many of the IT industry users to opt ZD Talk as it can be used flawlessly with less internet speed as well and it does take much of the internet usage. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the product. The most prominent Pros are I can call and transfer calls as well. Use of call recordings and merging of calls from one to another.

Cons

- The call transfer process needs some steps which should be made easier
- A group of users can be made to contact or call in between themselves like an Extension system for all the users in the system
- Text to Speech is not yet available
- Updating case by 2 users at one time ends in an error.

Samantha

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

excellent tool, very useful.

Thanks to Zendesk, now everything is optimized and well organized, we can offer more productive and professional services to our customers.

Pros

The tool is easy to learn and does not require special technological skills. It provides a platform to build efficiency and responsibility quickly within a department. This has been an extremely effective tool for managing the high volume of emails that arrive, specifically for AP. Functions such as "Views" and "Reports" are excellent tools to control current tickets. The built-in spell checker is, in fact, a lifesave, You can easily track the previous ticket history in case you need to refer to a previous problem, you can combine tickets so you can know what to look for and to focus more on creating an answer, We have the macros configured to mark the tickets as spam, deliver them to another team, etc. I have more time to think about my answers and manage our inflow.

Cons

They could benefit greatly from additional email options and customizations, as well as solving some "bug" problems, since some of the features may be somewhat vague. Also, they need to improve notification to personal email because we do not have all of them and, sometimes, I can not see the customer's response on time.