Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink Advantage is an all-in-one database EHR solution for specialty practices such as optometry, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, ENT, mental health, podiatry, and more. Available cloud-based or server, Advantage includes smart...

3.9
3.8
4.2

Browse Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Carrie

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

Powerful Software for Mental Health Providers

Compulink Healthcare Solutions has been a tremendous asset to our business operations. Streamlined functionality includes verification of benefits, treatment planning, integrated billing and remittance posting, multiple locations, group scheduling option, client web registration, a clinician training portal, and so much more - too much to list. One look at the demo and you'll see the power in this software. I highly recommend Compulink Healthcare Solutions to anyone who needs a powerful and intuitive software option that is reasonably priced, always improving, and backed up by world-class support.

Pros

We started with Compulink Healthcare Solutions from the time we opened for business in January 2016 (no integration from another software), and spent a tremendous amount of time researching available options beforehand. None of the other software programs offered the features and power well suited for small and large companies. We wanted software that would be efficient and extensive, but also grow with the business. From 1 provider to many, the software has delivered in every area. Customer support is always wonderful and timely, and there are always ongoing improvements that make our job easier. Billing is a snap, reporting is thorough, and everyone at Compulink is open to hearing user feedback.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but there would be with any new software. Difficulties with updates sometimes come up, but they have been short-lived and customer service has been amazing.

TherapyNotes, LLC and TheraManager DocuTrac

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

None of the other software programs were as extensive, flexible, or well priced while allowing for growth.
Susan

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Easy transition, Great training and customer service, Customizable Software to meet all our...

After 12 years with our last software, we were unaware at how outdated our EHR system had become. Compulink converted a great deal of our data to allow us to access it without having to constantly return to our old system. Overall, the experience was better than we expected as change is always hard. The people at Compulink worked hard to make it as easy as possible for us.

Pros

Compulink has been a great addition to our practice. The transition team was exceptional and the training incredible as they helped make the process as smooth as possible and continue to help us learn how to better utilize the software. There is so much flexibility with the software in the set-up to make the program work best for our office--picking the right EHR exam format for different types of office visits, the scheduling capabilities. In addition to one-on-one training, the training videos and the help section on the software make it easy to solve any issues that occur.

Cons

As with any transition, there are glitches but we fully expected these to happen and Compulink helped us fix these issues as quick as possible.

Crystal Practice Management and RevolutionEHR

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

No longer making updates to Practice Director.

Practice Director EHR

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We liked features of Compulink's software best, the price was competitive, and we felt comfortable with the people at Compulink.
Lisa

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

A Compulink user since 2013

Financial reports have good flexibility. We have one location but 3 businesses under one roof. We like to track many revenue streams and we are able to do this very well.

Pros

The support team is amazing!!!!!!!!! Physician schedules can be as intricate as you need. Images easily stored in the medical record. Financial reports have good flexibility.

Cons

The web registration is very unfriendly for patients and the practice alike. We are unable to access the information other than importing. Maintaining the tables is cumbersome, not friendly, would like to hide unnecessary stuff or remove. Would like to remove or hide schedule templates we no longer use, cannot because is tied to previous schedules. Would like to return to having schedules that are applied be able to replace what is there, very time consuming to have to delete one by one. Changes made to schedules do not show up unless you close the cloud and re-log in. sorting items in tables is difficult and must be exported , sorted in excel and then re-imported. Would like a patient portal with useful functionality, access to prescriptions, etc.

NextGen Office and Eyefinity EHR

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Integrated EHR and point of sale

MedInformatix

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Flexibility of software, intergrated EHR, PM and optical in one platform.

Top Compulink Healthcare Solutions Alternatives

Cheryl

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Customized Design for Our Unique Practice

It has been a wonderful 1st year and we are doing extremely well

Pros

The ability to customize for a mobile optometry company - The staff was able to think outside the normal practice setting and adjust the software to fit our mobile needs.

Cons

Insurance Set Up was difficult and our implementation person was not as responsive as I would have liked. Several glitches made things frustrating

Eyefinity EHR

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Management Plus parent company was having trouble and there was a huge lack of support and the insurance processing was done in India and caused a huge issue.

Funding Plus

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I had worked with it at another practice as a consultant and asked the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to take a look because of the value.
Nathan

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Customization is king

Overall I am fairly happy with the product. I have not loved any EHR for optometry, but Compulink is the one I have hated the least. I chose Compulink based on them being relatively well established, their customization ability, and the customer service is decent. I do wish some of the core coding could be customized.

Pros

Customization ability. Decent optical inventory/product ordering functionality. Responsive customer service. Ledger and billing is generally user friendly. EHR is fairly intuitive with tolerable amount of button clicking.

Cons

Patient scheduling functionality could significantly improve. Certain core coding is not able to be customized. Eyefinity interface was boasted during marketing but very disappointing in terms of actual usability.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Customization ability, fewer button clicks, cost, familiarity, option for server-based system instead of cloud only, customer service, brand pervasiveness/longevity, aesthetics of screen layout and general appearance
Meghan

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Research all EHR options before choosing

Pros

It is nice how many reports can be run in Compulink - almost any list of data/information you'd want to compile, Compulink is able to. It is also such a major player in the industry that everything we've needed to have integrate with it, has been able to do so (Weave, contact lens company sales platforms, etc). Scanning in documents is easy once you have the right/compatible scanner- and they're easy to view and find from the patient's demographics page. Having our billing done through Compulink directly has been convenient.

Cons

There were a LOT of learning curves with this system - i.e. we had to purchase a very specific scanner that integrated properly, finding out that their Intake Form was not mobile compatible, how the patient's ledger populates, what data is able to transfer from one exam to the next (most items do, but not things like the patient's occupation, hobbies, PCP, etc.). As doctors- we didn't find the EHR/Exam forms to be very intuitive or as user friendly as we were hoping. Depending on what version you signed up with dictates how much you're able to edit exam form templates.

RevolutionEHR

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cost, Cloud based seemed safer and more reliable than Web/Browser based
Judy

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

Great Software for Optometry!

Overall Compulink does the job for my line of business and I’m satisfied with the software.

Pros

Easy to use for billing, EHR and scheduling. I’ve used other EHR systems and softwares and Compulink is simple to use with many features. It’s can be customized to an extent for the cloud option.

Cons

The software goes through update so far once a year. Usually the updates in improvements are not as noticeable to me as the glitches that result from the updates. A little annoying.

Crystal Practice Management

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Price point and I had used the system before while working for another optometrist. I was familiar with the product but almost a decade prior.
Eileen

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

Takes Some Getting Used To

So far, Compulink is streamlining our workflow and making it easier to see more patients. However, we do have some issues with people not filling out their Web Registration, which delays our workflow. Also, we have felt more confident with patient information being saved in the more reliable cloud versus hard drives and OneDrive.

Pros

I like the customer service. The appointment scheduling is very easy to use and efficient for us. The EHR is pretty easy to use, once we figured out why a couple of the issues were not working. The equipment implementation was a bumpy road, but after fixing a few things, it's working great now. Web Registration is working very well, too.

Cons

I do not think this product is as easy and user-friendly as it could be. I do not feel 100% confident being without my trainer and using all that the program has to offer in the most efficient way possible. The software is also not as appealing to the eye. Additionally, it is inconvenient that for the text messaging Practice Watch, we can only have so many characters before it gets cut off and leaves our patients asking more questions.

DrChrono and Eyefinity OfficeMate

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We met [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at the FOA conference, and he gave us a great presentation of the system. We also took advantage of a few deals, too, that other companies were not offering.
Kathy

Compulink Review

It has been fine...customer service is good.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of the EHR to billing system.

Cons

There are to many step," clicks" to get between each step

Crystal Practice Management

Combine EHR with Billing system instead of multiple systems

MaximEyes

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Doctors Decision based on colleagues opinions
Linney

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

Compulink is GREAT!

Pros

Compulink is always developing and improving the software. The staff is easy to work with and seem to understand our needs because many of them have been in private practice prior. This is a huge advantage for Compulink and the client.

Cons

Sometimes new features and updates do not work when first rolled out and it takes a while to work the bugs out.

NEXGEN

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

they did not provide everything we needed, ie: one software for clinic, optical, ASC and billing

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

sales person was more knowledgeable and their price beat the competition
Ilan

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

My experience with Compulink

Pros

I felt that the billing software aspect of the program is easy to use, comprehensive and relatively cheap with respect to the price that I was paying. The support that was provided when my billing secretary contacted the company was almost always resolved in satisfactory outcome.

Cons

I found that certain ways that I was documenting were very difficult to implement with this software. Specifically, my treatment plan
I also wish that setting up templates for faster documentation would be easier.

Andi

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

Compulink is the BEST!

Choosing an EMR provider for my surgery center was a decision that I put a lot of time and consideration into. I spoke to at least 5 or 6 other companies and did my due diligence. At the end of the day, it was an easy choice and one that I don't regret. I frequently recommend Compulink to my colleagues, highlighting the high degree of customization, increased productivity, ease of use, excellent customer service, and budget friendliness. Our adjoining clinic utilizes a non-Compulink provider for their practice management and another non-Compulink provider for their EMR; both of which don't hold a candle to Compulink. I am looking forward to eventually getting our clinic switched over to Compulink as well.

Pros

1. Highly customizable! No ASC is alike and we appreciate that Compulink allows us to make direct modifications to our workflow (overall layout, documentation, printable forms, etc.) as we see fit without having to jump through hoops. 2. Increase in Productivity/Efficiency. As a result of implementing Compulink in our ASC, we've been able to create a process that works very well for us. Whereas it used to take 2 full-time Front Desk Receptionists to prepare patient charts, we now have 1 Receptionist who handles this task. 3. Ease of Use. Our nurses and technicians find Compulink easy to use because a majority of their documentation can be done on one screen and they can set up Favorites to chart quickly. It's simplicity allows for us to quickly teach new employees and/or agency staff how to use the program. 4. Customer Service. We don't need support from Compulink very often, but when we do, we can always count on a quick response from very helpful, engaged customer service advocates. 5. Budget friendly with straight-forward invoicing and stable pricing over the years, even in the face of the pandemic and subsequent inflation. 6. Stability. Many of the Compulink employees that helped get my former surgery center up and running on their platform are still with the company. From a management standpoint, this is important for two reasons: One, I know who to turn to when I need assistance and two, a low turnover rate within their company speaks volumes!

Cons

In the past there have been issues when updates were made to the system. One of these incidents resulted in a significant loss of data and we had to use paper charts until it was fixed. However, with that being said, it's been quite a while since we have had any update-related issues and it appears to be resolved.

Andi

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

We call them Compu-stink

I wish I could go back in time. I was so naive.

Pros

I like their instant messaging system. And their ICD9 conversion to ICD10 was done very well.

Cons

Customer service is EXTREMELY expensive. And they will sometimes NEVER call you back. I'm still waiting for Sangit to call me from a problem I've had since 2015! We have been using them since 2012, everything was set up wrong and we have had constant problems since. We have regretted going with them but are now stuck with them because we've sunk so much money into it. We even had to hire an IT person who is on call for when something goes wrong. Their support is full of people who don't even know how the software works and will tie up your computer trying to figure things out for hours. We dread running their updates because, while they fix some bugs, they implement a whole slew of new ones. We seriously feel like beta testers. They should be paying us because we are the ones figuring out the problems for them. If you complain too much, they will blacklist you and no one will return your calls. And there's no one you can submit formal complaints to. It just falls on dead ears. This is not the way a good company should be run. Their salespersons will tell you anything you want to get you to sign with them. A lot of the initial things we made a point to ask about when meeting with them were nothing like they promised. And when you bring it up to them, they make excuses and say that it's ridiculous for us to expect it to run like that.

Melissa

Reviewed on 18/07/2023

Great Optometry/Medical Software

Compulink is very easy to work with as a company, their customer service is excellent and I love the contact through the software for a call back if I have an issue. This feature is helpful so you are not waiting on hold to talk to someone. Just send in a request for a call and usually within 10 min they are calling you. Love this!

Pros

I love how easy Compulink is to navagate around in. Searching for patients is a breeze, tabs at top for every part of patient chart. Drop down selection menus for everything. Customizable tables and scheduler. Love the system!

Cons

There are parts of the software that we are not utilizing that I would like to use but programming the data into the software to use it seems over my head hard. We are an Optometry practice and do not use the ordering sections of the software therefor price calulations and insurance billing can not be used either.

Gary

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

Compulink is trying

When I started with the product they had just introduced Version 11. They have had multiple revisions to the product even since then which has made it better in some ways and worse in others. I use the cloud-based version and the software is never down when I need to use it except when my internet provider has failed me. The Practice Management portion of the software works well except for the scheduler. Posting checks and managing payments is simple. The insurance interface is good only for medical claims and won't do most vision only plans. Inventory management works well and it's nice to be able to print frame tags w/ a Dymo label machine rather than an specialty printer. My staff have not complained about the ordering process. The EHR has changed recently which has made it easier to enter data. I'd rate the EHR as average compared with others I've seen but this can be a matter of personal preference. I don't like interfaces that are too simple or too complicated. This one is mid-complicated, but if I could customize it, I could make it excellent. That is available but at a much greater expense.

Pros

Not overpriced. Customer support is good. They are trying to make it better. They have an online forum where you can make improvement suggestions and if other users agree, then they will try to do it. They don't charge you while you are training on it which is good because it takes a lot of training. They have tons of help files and online training courses and if you still can't figure it out then customer support will help you.

Cons

The scheduler in the latest iteration of the software is terrible. It does not block out time slots for the patients you schedule. This leads to over-bookings by staff who must study each entry on the schedule to see how much time is allotted for the blank spaces under it. The Basic/least expensive version has limited customization and the latest version has made it less so. Long learning curve.

Shannon

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

Compulink

I have been a Compulink client for over 12 years and have seen the healthcare industry change a great deal. It is critical to have a software vendor that is committed to staying up-to-date on healthcare rules and restrictions. Compulink exceeds my expectations in this arena. They are on the forefront of the next phase in healthcare and I have been very happy knowing I have a partner looking out for my practice.

Compulink allows me to either use the software in it's default format or to customize the software as much I want to meet the demands of patient flow and doctors' needs. I like being able to control certain modules within the software. I like the fact I can choose how "cookie cutter" or customized I want it to be.

Compulink's training and support is phenomenal. They offer pre-recorded online courses as well as live webinars on every aspect of the software. This has been a great training tool for new employees. Their support department is very prompt in assisting me with whatever needs I have and are very knowledgeable about their product.

Compulink offers various interfaces and third party programs for their software that makes our jobs easier. I personally take advantage of several of those features and they work very efficiently. The interfaces I utilize are for my autorefractor, visual field and online patient registration. The third party programs I use are Demand Force (e-mail/text software) and CLx (online contact lens ordering). Again, I have the choice of choosing what added interfaces would supplement patient care.

I also maximize every module in the software. These modules include electronic health records, line item posting, electronic claims billing, direct billing for a couple of our major insurance plans as well as the inventory and lab modules. Compulink has found a way to nicely tie in every aspect of the software with each other.

Pros

Customer support, very detailed EHR system, electronic billing capabilities, ability to customize software.

Cons

Customization can be labor intensive if you choose to go that route.

steven

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Compulink review

I have been with Compulink since 2004. For the most part I have been very satisfied with the software, the support and the ongoing training.

Pros

The software may be customized in many ways. This makes it highly adaptable to many modes of practice. Each administrator can make the software fit his or her needs.

Cons

No software is perfect and there is always room for improvement. Software development is a much more complex task that most people realize and updates take a while to beta test and implement

MaximEyes

Reviewed on 30/11/2016

Compulink, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Compulink is a great piece of software and very well thought out. But what draws you to this particular EHR software can also deter you. Let me explain, Compulink's main selling point is how customizable it is and how easy it is to switch from paper charts to EHR. But what they don't tell you is that the more you customize the software the less support they can truly offer and the more work you have to do to keep it all up to date. Don't get me wrong, Compulink's support staff is some of the best support people I have ever worked with. But the more you customize the less they can really do to help you. So the customization ends up being both a blessing and a curse. Overall, I would say that I would recommend the software mostly because of the great support and the fact that they do try and listen to you when you ask for a change in how the software fundamentally works. It just takes some time to get used to just how very different this EHR software really is compared to most other's available.

Pros

I think the best thing I like about the software is the ability to write small "smart scripts" AKA "smart functions" in the EHR software that allows you to do many different things and even automatically fill out certain parts of the chart for the nurse and/or Doctor. There is also some printing functions that allows you to customize and print out specific letters to the patient and automatically fills in the patient's details or whatever you need really. The "screen builder" within the software is also very easy to use and makes customizing the software to how you want it to look very easy to do.

Cons

As I stated before, the customizations that you are encouraged to make can also cause huge issues in the functionality of the software. If you mess up your layout, the ramifications to the stability of the EHR software can be huge.

Ryan

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

Pros

In general the product is easy to use. If you are unsure of what to do or where to go in the software, the Help feature allows you the ability to look up key words to get the answer. Their support team is also great to work with. The ability to customize screens and the VSP integration are huge positives for our office too.

Cons

Updates to fix certain bugs often cause other areas of the software, that were working fine, to glitch. The ledger can be confusing and the receipt for the patient is hard to understand for staff and patients. The tables can be a little intimidating at first, but once you understand how they work, it becomes easier.

Kara

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Compulink is a great investment.

Pros

We had extremely simple integration from a custom program. Training was a breeze with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!
We're very happy with all aspects of our program.

Cons

we definitely need more specific reports for optical sales. Dispensing and sales reports for each team member would be beneficial.

Crystal Practice Management and RevolutionEHR

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

cost and ease of implementation.
Janet

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

It's a one stop solution. It serves as a product for patient communication as well as patient billing, insurance billing, eligibility and remittance. It also functions as electronic health records.

Pros

Ease of use for all levels of computer users.

Cons

Updates. There are always problems with large updates; however, they also get the problems corrected.

Pamela

Reviewed on 02/09/2020

EHR

the reporting is awesome. I have been able to run a graph for every aspect of the business that my administrator asks for. There is so many reporting opportunities it is actually difficult to decide which report would work best sometimes.

Pros

posting information in the EHR is quite simple. We were able to design a few templates for unique information gathering. We have gotten help with the templates in a timely manner just as we would have for the compulink owned templates. The only issue is that they are little more difficult in correction if something has not laid out correctly in our own templates. sometimes will need to have a call back but always the representative did work as quickly as possible

Cons

I am uncomfortable with the form design as it is very technical.

Ronald

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

A great product for those who want quality and are willing and able to learn

Over the past 23 years, Compulink has been a stable framework upon which our practice is built. The software allowed us to integrate medical records (including equipment interfaces), billing, insurance, correspondence, demographics, aspects of human resources and quality measures in one program. During those few times when we had a true emergent situation, Compulink support has always solved the problem quickly.

Pros

We began with Compulink in 1997 when it was in DOS form. Compulink has always been highly customizable, which is important to us. The software is capable of doing nearly anything you would like to do.

Cons

Compulink can be complicated for those who are not tech-savvy.

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

Compulink Eyecare Advantage Software

EHR was a subject that seemed to be a hurtle no practice wanted to initiate. This mountain was reduced to a
hill which my practice accomplished with their software.

Pros

The ease of use in a busy practice. The conversion of my previous data to Compulink. Great instruction of software online at times convenient to me.

Cons

There were not any dislikes since all of my boxes were checked

Patty

Reviewed on 15/04/2018

Changing over to Compulink's Advantage, Addiction has been a good decision. We now have the...

Our switch from an electronic health record, specifically developed for primary care to Compulink's Advantage Addiction that provides documentation around behavioral health has been a good decision.There are few options available in this service field that is as flexible as Compulink. I look forward to more in-patient treatment facilities coming on board so that a consoritum of users can work together and provide additional support.

Pros

Advantage provides an immediate snapshot of a client for easy lookup and editing. Compulink's Coordinator and Trainer has been readily available to all staff to answer to the issues and any questions that come up, allowing for limited downtime or productivity. I am sure as we gain more experience, our utilization can only improve. I expect that Advantage will provide us with the necessary work process mandated by state statutes and optimal business practices.

Cons

I understand Gookomis Endaad may be the first in-patient treatment facility, which has been somewhat challenging to meet our basic needs. However, Compulink perseveres in modifying the product as we gain more experience. There are also some basic modifications that will be shared for consideration to process billing more efficiently. I would also recommend modifications to the training process. A better initial discussion regarding the implementation timelines in layman's terms would alleviate many of the pressures on the customers side, especially when there is limited IT support.