About Quire

Quire is a cloud-based project management solution designed to help small and medium-sized businesses manage to-do lists, tasks, and more to facilitate collaboration across teams. Key features include document management,...

Browse Quire Reviews

Shimon S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Wish I found this sooner

Most of my project are freelance and project based, so i require a project management platform that will allow me to manage several projects for more than one organization. I had been using Trello for this and whilst it has served be well, it does not have a good structure for organizing tasks and making sure they are followed up, in that sense its a bit too informal. Quire bring structure to the tasks and a simple interface that bring focus to clarity to the project.

Pros

From the moment I first started using it, everything just worked the way it should, incredibly intuitive, none of the bloating or over complicated functionality that other project/task management platforms suffer from. For me the killer feature it the 'tree structure' approach to task management, this is how it should be done, take a big task/project and break it into smaller and smaller manageable tasks. Each subtask has the same feature set as the main task which is exactly how it should be done because why should any task have less importance. The interface is clean and functional, everything is where is should be, it just works. You have Organizations, then projects, then tasks, which is a great way to organize things, especially if you are freelance like me and do projects for a number of different organizations. I am a long time trello user, and for anything looking for an alternative that does more than just kanban, this is for you, it will allow you to really structure tasks and make sure they are followed up.

Cons

No Kanban is going to be a big negative for many people, but apparently that is coming soon. Interface might be too simple for some people, or perhaps lacking features such as chat, message board, rich text markup, etc etc, but that could be seen as a good thing by others. Pricing has not been released either, that is something to be concerned about , especially if you invest time in adopting this platform but then it turns out to be overpriced. That is probably my biggest concern at the moment as features can be added all the time, but pricing can be a deal breaker.

Dianna S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Simple task software

Pros

Clean, open spaces, no clutter. Connected with Gmail easily

Cons

This software has no templates,. It is a very basic task software

nTask, Asana, Teamwork and Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Quire

I didn't. I went with Airtable as I felt the interface was more user-friendly and I liked the templates that were available.

Response from Potix

Hi Dianna,

I'm really sorry to learn that you didn't think Quire is a suitable tool for your business. Actually, we do have reusable templates on Quire. Also, most of the critical task software features are available on Quire, such as nested to do list to help you break down big goals into achievable tasks, Kanban board to help you get focused on what really matters in a short period of time, real time collaboration that allows work with teammates and always stay in sync, etc.

We still hope that in the future, you might consider give Quire another try and let us know what you think :) Have a wonderful day!

The Quire Team

Replied 10/05/2019

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

Best To-Do list app!

Pros

One of the best project management apps I ever used. They have countless of features, but here are the ones that I love the most:
• Clean interface: know for their minimalism style and is built around the GTD method.
• Easy collaboration: A simple link that you can share with others.
• Kanban board
• Task Reminders
• Webpage+mobile app quick sync: They provide offline syncing.

Another huge plus is that they're completely free. No upgrade needed!

Cons

They don't have a Gantt Chart. Hope they're working on it! It's quite important for bigger teams because we need to keep track of individual tasks.

Top Quire Alternatives

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

If you're getting started - don't look elsewhere

I'm mostly occupied with multiple projects and Quire has given me a way to simply put it across and visualize and switch between them. This simplicity is why I am a fan. Also - I trust the team is up for great work and I'd like to stick around and be a part of their success.

Pros

I've used quite a few project management tools but nothing come close to Quire when it comes to simplicity and beauty. But don't be mistaken, it is simple yet very powerful.

They have got amazing features to keep a track of your tasks with a detailed history under every project. There is also a convenient shortcut instructions reminding you of the keys to get things done quickly, and in the process, making you use to the entire Quire experience.

I rely on collaboration a lot in my projects, and Quire has a beautiful way of messaging and allocating tasks and keeping track of them.

Also - love the night mode!

The team is also very eager to learn from your feedbacks. Crystal have reached out to me multiple times checking on my feedbacks and also updating on when I can expect certain features I find missing - that is really impressive for a company bound to grow.

Cons

When I initially started using it, I found the important piece missing was to visualize my tasks, they have now added that as well with Kanban coming in! But what I'd even more appreciate about is perhaps a few important integrations like Google Calendar.

Also, not sure if they have plans to release a web-app tool for MacOS.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Great, minimal and very useful!

I find myself very well with the quick approach of the creation of the task, both in the list view that board (clearly the inclusion of the task in lost, especially thanks to the tree mode is really fast, also excellent possibility to paste a text and convert it in single or multiple tasks I find myself very well, I hope they never change but always improve, leaving the possibility to have a dignified and democratic free plan, useful for those who do not have to make projkect management his job, but do not want to die in front of a "planned" limitation

Pros

Task tree, minimal, ability to customize with formatting and colors both tasks and descriptions, perfect switch between view list and board. At the moment the plan is totally free, I hope they do not fall into the same mistake as their competitors who will cut out the small non-profit groups that can not afford to pay such large sums (the competitors, as well as the programmed obsolescence, ride the threshold between a free useless tool and an honorable pro tool).
I hope that the free version will remain identical to the current one and the pro will have additional features

Cons

More than cons, I hope that the boards will no longer be in a drop-down list but viewed horizontally just like multiple excel sheets, in which there will be the various Kanban dividers (to do - on gong - complete). The chat section, which they call comments, is not very convenient. it would be useful to have it detached

Rômulo F.

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

It is a simple, complete and free system.

Pros

Quire offers a simple, unrestricted and intuitive interface based on the task tree idea. You can add hierarchical task lists without any type of constraint, and you can track deadlines, people in charge, teams, priorities and workflows. In this way, quire.io adapts easily to any production reality, regardless of its characteristics. Unlike other complex rules-loaded systems, quire.io gives users the freedom to set their own rules according to the characteristics of the institution or the production flow.
High costs for all this? Additional payments at the end of the month? High prices for each user?None of this. The quire is free and entitled to iOS and android apps. Periodically we are surprised with new features.

Cons

The quire has some limitations when it comes to filter or crossing information between different projects.

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Quire (hey, I get the name now!)

So far so good!

Pros

Quire makes team collaboration a lot easier. Where other collaboration software focuses on getting the project done, Quire focuses more on the actual team dynamic and requirements. It's basically one giant, collective to-do list in one place. I can just log into my computer every day and see what needs to get done, and if I need someone else to do something, I can just attach their name to the task in the list. Very handy!

Cons

Learning how to use Quire took a little longer than I would have liked, but after working on a few projects with it, I got the hang of everything. A more comprehensive tutorial would work wonders.

Wayne V.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

The best so far

I'm using it for whole life organization; both personal life and professional life. It's proved successful at managing daily tasks as well as large work projects. There are a couple of features that could use improvement, but the developers seem very responsive.

Pros

Infinitely nestable lists. Why does no one else do this?!? These kinds of deeply nested lists are just how my mind works when it's trying to break down big projects. The downside is usually that list becomes unwieldy, long, and hard to look at. Not in Quire! You can fold and unfold tasks so you can more easily navigate the list and see items on the same level. An even bigger surprise and one that I had never even thought of was the ability to "zoom-in" to any task and just see it's children...brilliant!

Cons

I guess the lack of a timeline (like in Asana) or some other kind of Gantt chart. But really, I have not seen a single product where I can view a task in a list, on a board, on a calendar, *and* on a timeline. So it's not like they are behind anyone else.

Christiana F.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Intuitive & User-Friendly Management Software

If you're looking for a management software that's easy to use, easy to understand and saves you time, Quire is a great option!

Pros

Quire is a thorough project management software, while also remaining clean and simple. It's user-friendly and offers multiple ways to view your current tasks, which is helpful when team members all prefer different ways of tracking their tasks (i.e. list view, board view, etc.). Quire also allows you to create templates for repeating tasks or projects which saves a lot of time! Collaboration and communication on Quire is fairly easy- will be even better once you're able to customize which notifications to receive.

Cons

As of now, Quire does not have a desktop app so you need to use it on the web, which is not the most convenient. Also, their mobile app notification settings are very limited- I'd like to be able to customize my notifications so I see what's most important to me and not be bogged down by misc. notifications.

Sven B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 27/09/2018

intuitive, uncomplicated and well thought through

Me and my team have tried out several paid and free project management softwar options. We found that for most options the design was very comprehensive and proved to be too difficult to handle especially when trying to create and execute smaller tasks. We were pleasantly surprised when we tried Quire since we knew what to do almost instantly rather than taking several hours to work our way through. This way we can manage our project more effectively.

Pros

- simple and intuitive design and structure
- no unnecessary features
- generally uncomplicated
- quick and efficient

Cons

all of the following shortcomings of the software are in our opinion comparatively small
- no quick way to make confidential projects invisible to participants within an organisation
- no way to stop an E-Mail from being sent to everyone in an organisation when creating a project in an organisation

Rodrigo Y.

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Easy, shareable, clean project and task list app.

Easily share how projects are developing from different areas of my company. The time spend on finding, modifying, creating, coming from a Kanban app was cut in half because the UX of Quire is pretty straight forward.

Pros

If you come from other tools, you will easily understand how Quire works. Specially because it has easy to access help guides and the CS team will prompt help with any questions on a board made to discuss what it can be improve .

Cons

At the beginning I was a bit frustrated searching for how to do something, and because the interface is so clean you can easily become upset - but reaching out for help was easy and welcoming.
If you are used to Kanban, maybe you wont enjoy the task list only view - you can, though, change and filter how you want the list to appear!

Joan M.

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Terrific program for freelancers!

I've looked at dozens of project management programs and none of them fit my needs as a freelance writer...until I found Quire! It's perfect for someone like me who writes columns for many different publications (in my case, newspapers)...yet some papers run one column a month, another paper runs two, every paper has different deadlines, and they all have different pay structures. Quire allows me to set up each newspaper as a separate task, then create sub-tasks and sub-sub-tasks under each one so I can keep track of what my deadlines are, when I should invoice, etc. It's simple enough that I had NO problem setting it up & organizing things, yet it's sophisticated enough to adapt to all my needs.

Pros

Everything, so far...especially the ability to set up task and sub-tasks.

Cons

There are no cons that I've been able to detect, so far!

João marcos villela M.

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

The best task management tool ever! Clean and intuitive with nice iOS app.

Quire provides me a wonderful mindfulness control of my daily to-do lists and projects.

Pros

I have been using Quire for months. Controlling my work and my personal stuff. Also I have invited my girlfriend and we enjoy as a team organizing our whishes, accounts, task lists and life projects. By the way, she is a lover quire too. I strongly recommend quire for who wants stay mindfulless. :-)

Cons

I can not find anything to complain about quire. Because the tool delivers what they promesse. New features as a kanban view, mind map, calendar and integrations with zapier/IFTTT are anxiously expected by users. But the support and development team have already know about that.

Michael P.

Reviewed on 18/02/2017

Great for organisations with various teams/division highly intuitive handling

As a non profit private school with parents cooperating in many teams to make possible an affordable operation of such an institution we were very happy to find this platform that enhances communication and fulfilling of tasks remarkably. There are very few features still missing which is absolutely not a reason for complaint about a free tool! AND: We are looking forward to further improvements announced by the absolutely fantastic customer support confident to add the missing two asterisks soon!
(Special bonus for us being in Austria: German user interface available!)

Pros

German user interface
intuitive handling
options to hierarchise tasks deeply

Cons

member limitation for organisations instead of account

Rodrigo S.

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

Everything I can ask for a management platform for teams, Quire provides with excelence.

Organization, review, overview of projects.

Pros

Right now it is free and full of features that other platforms offers but with a high cost.
I'm using this to organize my team.

Cons

There is no thing I dislike of Quire. I've searched a lot, used some other platform before and really enjoyed Quire.

Mariano C.
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 08/09/2017

Been using Quire as a way to list my development roadmap tasks in a visual way. So far no...

Pros

I like that Quire is visually attractive and simple to use. I like that I can pretty much nest task infinitely since it works for my development roadmap needs!

Cons

When sharing my projects, users have to register an account to view my lists. This is a bit annoying!

Chris L.

Reviewed on 04/07/2017

Great app, but still missing Android support

All the things mentioned under "pros," especially good, simple collaboration.

Pros

Easy to use; easy to work with others; responsive and friendly support; no training required; and the interface is nice and clean.

Cons

Two years ago, they said "mobile" was their 1st priority, only to clarify later that they meant iOS only, and not mobile in general. Then last year, they said Android was their 1st priority, but we are halfway through 2017 and Android support is still a no-show. As a workaround, they will tell you how to run their site in a browser, but that doesn't work so well, as it means very basic functionality, such as push notification, is missing.

This is why I've down-rated overall quality, features, value (even though it's free) and customer support (even though they are friendly) - there's very little value here for Android users, no matter how cheerfully they keep telling us it's their top priority.

Jesse W.

Reviewed on 31/10/2014

Fantastic software; great for layers of detailed tasks

Quire was the perfect answer to manage a couple of UI audit projects that ended up having hundreds of tasks over dozens of different pages. The infinite nested tree structure made it easy to zone in to a specific section, and the added benefit of having description, attachment and comment threads PER INDIVIDUAL TASK made it that much more powerful. I've used other task managers like Wunderlist and Workflowy, but Quire had the right amount of speed, usability and enjoyable user interface to be the solution of choice.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

The beter system for Organize my life

Very easy to organize my life

Pros

Freedom for planning my life.

Thanks.

Cons

Nothing, the software is Very easy tô compreensing

Dee C.
  • Industry: Animation
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Quire as collaborative task management

Support is awesome and pro-active. I'll be keeping an eye on Quire and switch to it as soon as custom fields will be available.

Pros

The overall simplicity is a pleasure, and the user experience (look, reactivity) is very pleasant.

Cons

There's a couple of features I miss (user fields, custom stat/report, API)

Charlene H.

Reviewed on 29/10/2014

Simple, fast yet extremely powerful

Quire is everything we've been looking for! Simple, fast yet functional and full of pleasant surprises!

Bella W.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

The best in the business when it comes to completing projects

Quire is the best option for a deadline-driven job, with plenty of help and tools for the perfect time and expense management.

Pros

The simplicity and elegance of this program is amazing. The key to a great project is organization, and this app is perfectly tailored to the needs of any business with projects to complete.

Cons

I would love to see a log of completed projects broken down into weeks, months, years, etc. so that you could reflect on past accomplishments.

Adam A.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 18/07/2020

Everything you need, and nothing that you don't

It took all of 4 days for me to become comfortable with their version of markdown and the in line task entry system. Creating check boxes, tables, asigning tasks in line, assigning deadlines and start dates in line, all of it.
There has been no issues to date with the software, and I am now using it to organize my entire life. NOT just my working life.
Getting my team onboard was easy, and everyone who uses the software comments on how easy it was to learn to use in our context, and how lightweight/quick it is to use.

Pros

Simple UI
Easy inline entry of tasks and restrictions such as due date, start date, assignees, tags, files and everything else one could need to get their tasks in order and their team up to date
In line chat and descriptions let people talk about important issues
The overview and kanban board options are great for people who organize their information in different ways, and the ability to have the boards interact with one another in various ways is excellent

Cons

Very minimalistic (A positive for me, but maybe not for everyone!)
Constant improvements being rolled out (A positive for me, but not everyone wants to have to learn new features constantly)
FREE!

Asana, Todoist and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Quire

Free trial was winding up and the lack of needlessly complex requirements and input methods. The less I have to learn for minimum viable usage the better for switching/picking up new software, and makes convincing my team to use it easier. This minimalistic front end with the complexity in the back end that lets those who want to be power users and those that want to run at the minimum viable level is key for me.
Marion B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 01/04/2020

Amazing product , exceptionnal and generous customer service

Very good, the best "tasks" app we ever used.

Pros

Everything, but i Prefer:
- Possibility to assign a single task to multiple user (and when it's get done, it goes away for everyone)
- Possibility to organize yours tasks by organization, projects and boards
- Possibility to create weekly, monthly, etc tasks
- Possibility to attach document to each task
- User friendly
- French language ! (and the translation is good!)
- The generosity and help from the customer service (as a small and poor charity organisation who rely on volunteers who work from home, we need this kind of service to complete our projects)

Cons

- maybe the fact that when you look a subtask on a board , you can't see their connection to the "complete task" and it can be somewhat confusing to differentiate between similar subtask (Actually we just have to always name the subtask with the name of the complete task, so we have a way around)

Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Choosing Quire

Wunderlist was bought by Window and replaced by To-do. We liked Wunderlist as it was free but it lacked some important feature (Quire is a lot better). We had to fond an alternative and we wanted something better.

Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to Quire

We tried To-do and hated it, it was complicated to set-up, we had to create a microsoft account for every single users and its features was worst than Wunderlist. We search for a long time before we finally found Quire and we are really happy.
Zuhairah A.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Simple apps, but get the job done

Pros

Quire has all the tools that i need for my team to collaborate and sharing the workload that we are working on. The software dashboard is so simple, that i have no problem finding the right tools to use, and it will show all my task and project on the main page for easy access to them.

Cons

Communication platform is one of the things that this software should upgrade. For now, they lacks in this field and to having a quick message with my team on the software is almost impossible. They also should introduce build-in template for the task, so we don't have to create if from the scratch.