About Miro

Miro is a cloud-based collaboration tool for small to midsize businesses. The solution features a digital whiteboard that can be used for research, ideation, building customer journeys and user story maps, wireframing and a range...

Browse Miro Reviews

1,044 of 1,045 reviews
Fetiye
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Great for visualizing your ideas!

Great for people who work in teams! It helped us to brainstorm for research ideas collaboratively. The whiteboard is excellent and very practical to use. You can teach how to use the tool to anyone; a very techy person and a person who is not so tech-friendly can easily understand and start using it. Data security protocol has high standards.

Pros

It allows collaborating with others. It makes the brainstorming process more visual and more effective. It helps to trace the process easily.

Cons

If you have a small screen, it might be challenging to see the full board sometimes.

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

Miro helping to increase productivity and efficiency

It's a fantastic platform for collaboration amongst many stakeholders, including UX, POs, and many more. It has been tremendously helpful to be able to naturally depict thoughts and concepts and to utilise Miro as a whiteboard for several reasons. Our project management procedures have been made more efficient and streamlined. The collaborative capabilities offered by MIRO, however, allow people of diverse backgrounds to contribute ideas without necessarily speaking out.

Pros

It is fairly easy. It runs well and usually has an understanding of what we are trying to accomplish. We often communicate with our personnel and concerned parties using Miro. Additionally, the frameworks built into the software assist organise meetings more quickly. In addition to allowing you to express your creativity, the vast selection of activity templates, marker colours, custom icons, voting, comments, CMS integration, and document collaboration enables you to run workshops successfully. With the diversity of tools and plugins it supports, Miro can assist you in expressing them. It is also straightforward enough so that you won't feel overwhelmed and can concentrate on your job.

Cons

The projects' lack of organisation is what I detest the most. The search is also not optimal as there is no hierarchy, tiers, folders, etc. The administrative dashboard and user organisation in Miro have also been a problem for me. Although the programme is typically simple to use, I have encountered difficulties navigating it when working with many Miro accounts. However, after showing teams the value of whiteboarding, they frequently become more receptive to it.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/12/2022

Creative boards for teamwork and brainstorming

Pros

I had a positive experience with Miro. It made some tasks easier while managing our team in Scrum, such as creating website drafts and ptorotypes. Sharing is very similar as in Google products, you can assign read/write privileges to team members. I also like the possibility of voting ideas posted by the team in the boards.

Cons

Free trial allows only 3 boards. If you have a large project, you'll likely need to train yout team to basic usage.

Top Miro Alternatives

Festus

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Create Excellent Wireframes With Ease

i used miro to built great wireframes and also collaborate with other designers for ease of work so as to be able to deliver a great job

Pros

1. Simple and easy to use and understand interphase2. samples of prebuilt wireframes3. great library of elements and tools needed to create a great wireframe for any project

Cons

i think it should be enabled for all devices.

Adobe XD

Reasons for Choosing Miro

the other platform was kind of complex to use

Figma

Simple user interphase
Naveed

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Good software but has some glitches

As I mentioned Miro has pioneered many features in this space. I used it for quite a while, but have since moved to another system. It's good, but the UX glitches had me find an alternative. I'd still recommend it, but depending on your needs, there may be better tools out there.

Pros

When it works it works really well. This is one of the more modern drawing systems out there and in many ways one of the pioneers in this area.

Cons

The usability can be a little counter-intuitive in many places. I've tried to use it for collaboration with job-interview candidates, but many of the candidates had a hard time getting on it. It's not as simple or seamless as it could be.

rodrigo

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Great collaboration tool

Pros

Easy to invite people to join the whiteboard and collaborate, no need to install anything.Super easy onboarding, because it is very user friendlich and intuitiveAccess to great templates from miro or the community of users

Cons

Some design features are not in the same level of other toolsExports in PDF and Image are not editable

Adam
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

A companion for your brain

It's been a very valuable tool for sorting information, ideas, and for early-stage project planning. It's become a favorite tool.

Pros

Miro is a flexible and powerful tool that works well with my brain - it's becoming my go-to tool for brainstorming, ideation, and just trying to make sense of ideas, information, and frameworks. The UI, canvas and tool design makes the tool a delightful extension of my mind, instead of being 'in the way' like many other tools.

Cons

I'd have to get pretty nit-picky to find something that I really don't like about Miro. It really does 'just work'... the UX is highly intuitive and features are just there when I need them.

KADir

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

Miro project management

It's easy and less complicate programme to make project management

Pros

It's easy programme to connect from PC and mobile phone. No escape point for the lazy team :)

Cons

When there is so many tasks, you need to make zoom. Zoom is loosing full path view.

Aleksandra
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

Good for working with clients, colleagues and for fun!

Pros

- The possibilities of use are endless, and every time it provides good collaborative effort for all teams- I am using it also with clients, both during onboarding, setting KPIs - whichever workshop I can think of, can be done in Miro and allow for a collaboration between the customer and me- We even did one integration event online on Miro, in which I've built Family Feud setup - it was great fun!

Cons

- Its easy to click something and mess up the board very easily

Yusuf
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

Review of Miro

Miro enables collaboration and communication between remote teams and organizations. It provides a comprehensive suite of tools to facilitate and streamline project management. Its user interface is intuitive and easily navigable, making it simple to use.

Pros

It offer an extensive library of templates for collaboration. Easy-to-use drag-and-drop user interface. Connects team members from different locations in real-time. Provides an array of interactive tools to facilitate brainstorming, decision-making and project planning. Supports a range of media files including images, audio, video, and documents

Cons

The cost of Miro’s subscription plans may be a barrier for some. The free version of the software may not offer all the features needed for more complex projects.

Satya

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Best collaboration tool

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

Pros

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

Cons

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Bluescape and Ziflow

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro is the best product among all these as it is providing inbuilt features to use instantly. It is providing time options to limit the time for a meeting. It is providing a lot of canvas space to draw more wide and descriptive diagram which is really requires for a complex business.
Jeremy
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 17/12/2021

Visual thinking board

I'm a visual thinker, and I couldn't function without a tool like this. I've tried them all and keep coming back to Miro.

Pros

It has all the flexibility I need to lay out my ideas, and progressively develop them. Plus, the community templates are amazingly useful and new contributions keep coming.

Cons

I am sometimes disappointed or unimpressed by the visual aesthetic aspect, but this is a very light annoyance.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Generally, at some point I get annoyed at some missing feature, or I find myself reproducing a template from the Miro community.

MindMeister, Mindomo and Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I was lucky to get an educational licence as a PhD Candidate, which made the choice trivia.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do.

I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Jakub

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Th golden standard in whiteboarding

Generally the use and feel of Miro is great. We used it for planning, layouting, inspirations and moodboards. This is working absolutely great. ven exporting a backup from Miro feels as it is intended - no hassle. Just download the file. Same goes for exportin to PDF etc. Works. And that is the biggest added value.

Pros

The ease of starting using Miro is amazing. Just register and start whiteboarding. After a while if you need any functionality you can think of you start to dig through the menues in the app and just like that - you find what you need. Be it a canban or a timer or building blocks for flowcharting.

Cons

It is definitely on the pricier end when it comes to collaborative editing. Of course there is a free and a "consultant" plan, but even after signing up for that one sharing boards and stating editing feels a bit rough. So you might pay for users and taht gets expencive.

Milanote

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Featureset and user interface.

Milanote

Reasons for Switching to Miro

It felt more professional and now it became a standard.
Remco

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

An enhanced digital whiteboard with the freedom of a whiteboard allowing you to do so much...

Planning and organizing, decision making, collaboration, brainstorming. I finally have a planning tool that works for me.

Pros

I've looked far and white for methods to do my project planning and tracking. Using the visuals Miro offers me is beyond anything i have found thus far. I finally get my plans in order and get more things done. Both for myself as for my team. Use it heavily to visualize dependencies, use size to signal importance, colors for status (to do-working-done) and use tags to mark technical debt. Zoom out to have the bigger picture like the decision trees, guiding principles. Zoom in and find the details for the daily job, mark your technical debt and more.

Cons

Because the interface doesn't get in your way, starting might be a little hard. I've had no problem with this myself, but found colleagues requiring some time to master Miro.

Hafiz
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 24/04/2022

Friendly interface

Miro has been simple and most effective way to boost my creativity to the next level.

Pros

Miro has helped me in a lot of areas range from gathering ideas to final delivery. This software is very easy to use because the interface is very friendly. Miro also has template-ready to use. I recommend to you to try all the template that suits your project and need.

Cons

It’s hard to navigate. Sometimes I lost to find which board is which when my board is getting bigger. It would be nice if we can name every section, so when we right click, we can easily choose which section we want to go.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I’m trying to find which software is more user friendly and useful to my projects.

Asana

More user friendly.
Nigel

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

Miro Review

Migrating the team from Visio and Edraw was easy as the user interface was very intuitive. I have also used Lucid in the past and am happy to say there is little chance I will ever leave Miro

Pros

Miro provides me with a unique feature set that is difficult to find packaged as one product. I like that the ability to move around sets of a diagram and Miro will automatically adjust everything to fit in frame,

Cons

There are some features that I may never use and would like if I could pay less as I don't use it, however I think Miro is very reasonably priced so not a deal breaker.

Lucidchart and Visio

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Visio was very expensive, Edraw was not intuitive and difficult for the team to adjust to. Not sure if Lucid has fixed it but moving around parts of a diagram was time consuming as it would not automatically readjust the rest of the diagram

Lucidchart and Visio

Reasons for Switching to Miro

All in one package of features, easy to use so little retraining require for the team and intuitive layout adjustments.
João

Reviewed on 06/08/2021

Lifesafer since we all add to work remotely

It was a lifesaver on my team remote work, I'm so happy with this tool that even if we go back to the office I will still going to use it

Pros

ease of use, learnability, collaboration features, integrations, and community templates and help

Cons

there are some minor bugs when using the text tool (on copy and pasting, when we need to use the spell checker), either than that I don't have any complaints

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I've liked it from the first time I've used Miro, after some time I had to use Mural for a client project and my experience was significantly lower
Predrag
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Consultant using Consultant plan

I've join Miro in order to collaborate with my clients online, but it over exceed my expectations and Miro became my daily companion in brainstorming my own ideas. Sometimes, during my mapping, I forget that I'm working on the screen instead of real wall.

Pros

Graphic solution for sticky notes is almost perfect and realistic it is pleasure working in Miro Boards.
Shared screen does exactly what is promised, my clients just have to click on the emailed link in order to join my board.
Video and voice options related to mapping software are probably the best value for money at the moment on the market.

Cons

Blurred view when is zoomed out and turned the image into an aerial view, to be more precise, I have to zoom in to the sticky particular sticky notes in order not to be blurred view which makes concentration high on the board instead on the idea which is discussing among the participants.
I'm not the happiest about the solution for lining up sticky notes, the Lucidchart offers somehow better solution.
There could be a template for House of Quality or QFD with formulas, I would pay some extra penny :)

Jonathan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

Excellent tool for workshops and Design Thinking

Overall great tool for remote whiteboarding and meetings. Miro is part of my Design stack along with Notion (wiki and documentation), Whimsical (flows and wireframes), and Figma. It's a great brainstorming and ideation tool to use in the beginning of the Discovery process.

Pros

- Awesome templates from the Miro team
- Great integrations with my other main tools
- Awesome design sprint and workshopper features like voting, timers, and "bring to me"
- Easy to use for external stakeholders

Cons

- $3 day pass for consultants is a weird pricing model
- Would like better grid snapping and X, Y coordinates similar to Whimsical

Reasons for Switching to Miro

The designers I follow were using Miro and they just have more educational content showing off their product. Also they have a generous free forever tier as opposed to a trial only.
Richard

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

Daily Miro user

Have been able to map out UX processes and product strategies.

Pros

It is a quick way to collaborate on planning and UX processes and research with team members as well as a great way to present findings or planning.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag when working with large Miro files with very large amounts of data.

Whimsical and Figma

Miro's video chat functionality

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro's video chat functionality, better overall features
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

My go-to tool for brainstorming and planning with a more visual approach

Pros

I have been using Miro for a while, now, and I often find myself recommend it to the people I talk to.

The overall platform principle of the infinite canvas is simply genius! You can have as many notes, projects and sketches as you please, all in the same place.

Zooming in makes sure that you can see all the key information related to a specific project, while zooming out giving you a bird's eye view on the project itself or even on a more macro level, of the infinite canvas and all the projects in it.

In particular, there are two features I like about Miro.

Firstly, there are templates. Miro has an always-growing library of templates , which speed up the process of creating a valuable resource for brainstorming, planning or streamlining something, such as a concept map, a Kanban framework, a flowchart, or a customer journey, just to mention a few.

You can simply pick a template and decide whether you want to use it blank (so its layout and "pieces of the puzzle" too) or with some actual content in it too.

Then, there's the Miro smartphone app feature of the Stickies Capture. Get ready because this may sound like pure magic!

Do you happen to have hand-written notes laying around in your office? Simply pull out your smartphone, open the Miro app and take a picture using the Stickies Capture. Miro will turn it into a digital and customizable post-it-note that will be added to your Miro canvas.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily doubt this as the thing I like the least about Miro, but I'd still like to mention it because I think it's key... and it's the ability to easily navigate all the projects you have into your Miro infinite digital canvas.

The problem is that there are so many projects you may plan or work on in a spot of a few days. Sometimes, I can get a bit tricky to easily find a specific project (or part of it) in a busy infinite canvas.

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

The best in shared whiteboards

Great for whiteboarding but the click bait to get you into using more features definitely distracts from getting the most out of that feature.

Pros

As a shared whiteboard tool for the remote era, it is awesome. It has the tools and templates to get the job done.
It has some other tools you didn't know you needed to go with the whiteboarding, these will differ by team.

Cons

Beyond the basic whiteboarding, it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There is way too much functionality (issue tracking, project management etc) that most people have some other software that both does the job better and integrates with their other systems. These other pieces of functionality aren't easy to turn off, leading to many conflicting uses of the system, and overly busy UI. Also they are clearly distracting the development teams from adding the more immediately useful features. Don't try and do too many things. Focus on what you are good at.
Change reporting is way too limited to be useful.

Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Neither of the other options work outside meetings.

functionality
Zuhairah
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Best apps for discussing idea together

Pros

It is easy to get messed up and losing focus when people discussing idea together, especially when we discuss it online. Miro has space for digital whiteboard, that anyone on the discussion session can use it to draw and express their ideas better with the help on the whiteboard. The visual element help me to explain my idea clearly.

Cons

It would be better if Miro is offered its stand alone software for the desktop version. For now, Miro can only be used by accessing it from the web browser. I am using Chrome web browser, and it consuming the computer resource too much and making all the other software that i open goes slow as well.

Suhailah

Reviewed on 08/06/2021

Miro upgrade discussion session on the next level

Pros

My team and I often using Miro as our visual aids when we are online discussing on project or planning a project flows, as it has a digital whiteboard that work very well. The participant can collaborate on the whiteboard to add input or draw on it for something that are hard to explain by words.

Cons

It will be vary bad if someone accidentally delete the canvas or the whiteboard as everyone that has access on the canvas will also has a permission to delete it. There are not option to recover the canvas back and we had to start everything from the start if it does happen.