About CallRail

CallRail is a cloud-based marketing attribution and lead management platform that includes call tracking, lead center, conversation intelligence, and form tracking software. Small businesses need to make every dollar count....

Browse CallRail Reviews

Jason Z.

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

CallRail is a perfect solution for agencies

CallRail software has been a great solution for our agency but in addition the people at CallRail have offered top notch support along the way.

Pros

From a marketing agency perspective, CallRail is a powerful solution for lead attribution for specific channels. The phone call and form submission data is critical to showing value to clients.

Cons

Easier solutions for adding multiple Keywords pools if needed and the ability to use as few as 2 phone numbers in a keyword pool for small clients would be ideal.

Johnna P.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

CallRail Review

I have had a good experience with CallRail as our lead management system and would recommend to others.

Pros

It's very easy to look at lead data in CallRail. It pulls in the lead form contents so you can view the lead form and qualify it. Call metrics and other lead form metrics, such as call duration or first touch points, help us to qualify leads and understand multi-touch lead scenarios, and credit the sources accordingly.

Cons

I wish that you could pull "lead form contents" into the columns on the lead form log page, rather than clicking into each lead as it is tedious to do so.

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

A must for proper attribution

CallRail has been a lifesaver for proper attribution of phone calls, leads, and sales. We have used it on our own website and for many of our clients. This has allowed us to move from "I feel like the phones are ringing more" to "You received X number of leads and X number of sales from this channel this month." With this information, we've been able to improve our targeting and improve ROI.

Pros

With CallRail, it is incredibly easy to set up dynamic tracking numbers that will help you see exactly where your phone calls are coming from. This is essential for anyone who cares about attribution. The reporting capabilities are nice - easily integrates with Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Data Studio.

Cons

I wish they would remove the minimum size of a number pool. We have some websites with very small traffic that don't need 4 phone numbers.

Top CallRail Alternatives

Ilysse R.

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Perfect for Call Tracking

Most of our clients who use CallRail are very happy with the results. Not only can they see how many calls are coming in and where they're coming from, but they can also record the calls.

Pros

Using CallRail allows our clients to be able to see where all of their website traffic is coming from that is resulting in phone calls and form submissions.

Cons

CallRail can be rather expensive, but there are options to downgrade the account if you don't need every feature.

Krystal L.

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Great Call Tracking Software!

Pros

Easy setup, clear instructions, and easy to navigate. Dynamic insertion is a must! Easy to disable or permanently remove accounts that cancel service.

Cons

Charges per phone number. If there were different package levels, it would be more beneficial to smaller businesses. Also, have experienced call tracking disconnect with Google Analytics, which directly effects data. Support never really fixed the issue, so we had to disable the call tracking for that account.

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Callrail - Call tracking and more

Callrail is a great solution for generating tracking number to be use both in a online setting or offline marketing. They are very reasonable with their pricing structure. It is simple and fast to set-up.

Pros

Easy to set-up and create tracking numbers. The dashboard has some great features to see your call stats. The mobile app keeps you informed on the go. The price is reasonable.

Cons

Can not export visually appealing reports with graphs etc. Only export raw data in a spreadsheet.

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

We have no used Callrail for about 3 years and find it as an indespensible tool to provide ROI...

Easy and everything you need to show ROI to clients

Pros

We love the ease of use for both the agency as well as for our clients. We also love the mobile app for us and clients

Cons

Form submissions are tracked but the reporting is less robust than call tracking. We would like for clients to be able to "thumbs up" and include tags

Daniel B.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Great customer service

Pros

The customer service with this company is really amazing. They are great at taking feedback and like to try to incorporate this into their product roadmap.

Cons

There aren't really any that come to mind for this product. The only one may be that the cost can become quite high if you use a lot of phone numbers.

Taylor V.

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Great phone system

Pros

Callrail makes advertising and tracking different channels easy. We assign each campaign a different number, and Callrail's dashboard tracking make KPIs easy to see. All incoming calls are recorded so quality control can be performed. As long as outgoing calls are made through the system, and the agent checks the record box, you can also list to outgoing calls. Our Callrail is connected with our database, so we can see the call log and recordings within our CRM.

Cons

Not ideal for mass outbound calling. We use Mojo Sells dialer for high volume cold calling.

Lise A.

Reviewed on 01/10/2017

I have been extremely pleased with my experience with CallRail. It provides crucial information...

Pros

Callrail provides accurate, real-time information on number of calls as well as date and time of calls, duration, missed calls , marketing source and call content . I wouldn't want to have an Online Sales program without CallRail. Great value as well.

Cons

No complaints at this time. Everything has gone smoothly after we started to understand how to set up the tracking numbers to our web pages, etc. I haven't looked into tracking OSA return calls but would like more info on that. More training might be good but I'm satisfied so far.

Joseph F.

Reviewed on 30/08/2021

A great tool for small businesses and agency use

We track calls and rate people who answer calls based on how well they do at converting leads. We are a marketing company so we are always checking call rail data to see what marketing methods are working well.

Pros

How easy it is to track key metrics at a glance.

Cons

That there is not an easy option for outbound calls.

Beth M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

Helping a Small Nonprofit Make Smarter Marketing Decisions

We spend a significant amount of our marketing budget on Paid Search to drive qualified leads to our business. Many of the online ads direct potential clients to call us. Until we signed up for Call Tracking with Call Rail, we didn't have a great way to determine which keywords were delivering the greatest # of phone calls. Now we do, and we've been able to optimize our ad strategy to serve a greater volume of ads to the keywords converting to calls. An added benefit is that Call Rail has enabled us to audit our answering service and our intake staff to make sure that everyone is handling calls appropriately and in a standardized manner. Call Rail was easy to set up and integrate with both Google Analytics and Google Adwords. The technical staff at Call Rail has been tremendously helpful and responsive during setup and on an ongoing basis. I highly recommend Call Rail to anyone wants to collect useful data on inbound calls from online ads, organic search, etc.

Pros

Great information and an affordable price

Jordan R.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Best call tracking phone number provider

Great service. Tracked incoming calls through the phone numbers and area codes I chose with reliable reported and great call quality. Perfect for wanting to track specific marketing efforts or even for agencies working with multiple clients. Plan on using well into the future.

Pros

It is designed for tracking campaigns and online advertising efforts. I struggled to find a simple call forward service and found this through a facebook suggestion. It ended up being perfect and worked seamlessly. Very happy I didn't try to use a side feature of other providers, it offers multiple numbers that can all be forwarded to different phone nubmers with simple reporting and analytics in every area code I needed. Very simple and straightforward

Cons

That I can't use it the same way I would other virtual phone providers. If I want an office phone system, I'd be better off with others. It does exactly what I want it to, but no more. I'd like one company to handle all company virtual phone needs. This one has proven to be the best value for tracking marketing campaigns though, it is less expensive than other providers for this function.

Mike T.

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Great Call Tracking Software

Great call and form submission tracking software. It has a lot of integrations and always adding new ones. Support is responsive to inquires, which is another plus.

Pros

It helps business owners figure out which advertising platform brings in the most business.

Cons

Although tracked by the software, form submissions cannot be used as conversions in Google Ads and Bing Ads. Yet. The software does get constant updates.

Douglas S.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Call rail is best for price

Excellent... support is outstanding. They call back quickly

Pros

Ease of use and set up is hard to match. Support and their responsiveness has always been outstanding

Cons

Nothing... really good at everything ... one of the best 3rd parties I reccomend

Marchex

Reasons for Switching to CallRail

Price & support
Elie O.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

they hold you captive

poor

Pros

tracking works okay
slow search
if you have a large account with lots of calls everything is slow

Cons

- if you are looking to change providers, getting access to your call recordings is pretty much impossible.
- they charge you for the ported numbers after they have been ported (if you don't follow there exact cryptic instructions)
- impossible to get anyone on customer service on the phone
- got attitude from reps.

• Industry: Information Services
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

High quality call recording

Perfect solution for tracking phone calls associated with marketing campaigns - helps to show ROI on our team's efforts. Helps to separate other incoming calls that would be made to our company otherwise.

Pros

When we were running PPC campaigns, we implemented CallRail to track and record calls associated with the campaign. It is excellent for capturing calls related to the specific campaign so we can evaluate its effectiveness and quality of leads it sent our way.

Cons

The price was expensive, but it was expected given the level of service and features offered at the level we purchased.

Jake C.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Powerful Call Tracking/Management

Pros

-Integrations work excellent, especially with our CRM
-More effective than competitors
-Customization w/ multiple phone numbers works very well for us
-Simple setup
-Excellent for agency-type setting and managing multiple accounts w/ unique access privileges

Cons

Not much to report as far as downsides. Maybe lacking a little bit in the visual department, but it's not a big deal. All of the features can make it a little overwhelming to a new user, but that's sort of expected since you can do so much with this software.

Sam G.

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

Agency use of software, can not be happier

I have been using CallRaill for several years at a previous marketing company I ran and when starting a new business CallRail was the easy choice. Their software makes PPC campaigns a breeze to track and I love the form integration. I recommend them.

Pros

PPC tracking, form tracking

Imran E.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 01/05/2017

Great tool for all my agency clients

Tracking phone call ROI for clients.

Pros

I love that it integrates with Agency Analytics, that is where I first came to hear about it. It also allows me to integrate with Google Analytics, Adwords and Unbounce so I can track my ROI for clients. Finally, the pricing is reasonable and I'm able to sell my clients on it.

Cons

It's a little confusing to get a handle on because there are so many features you can use. The documentation could use more images to walk users through how to setup different integrations.

Cassandra R.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

Awesome Product. LOVE!

For the price I am paying I now know where each and every call comes from. The best thing is that it ties right into my existing CRM system which means I don't have to lift a finger to do what took me hours to do in the past. Also, it shortened our time on the phones because we no longer have to ask "how did you hear about us" because we know!

Pros

Easily ties into podio, tracking calls, cheap way to have multiple numbers

Cons

nuttin honey

Response from CallRail

Thanks so much Cassandra!

Replied 16/08/2016
Melissa R.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Great software and easy to use

Pros

This software was so easy to use and it is so nice to be able to record calls and play them back to many different people.

Cons

At the time we used this we needed the Internet to listen to calls which was kind of difficult at times but I understand given the type of software.

Cassandra R.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

An Awesome Product. So Easy Use

It was so easy to set up. Just a few minutes on the phone with a nice gentleman and we were all set. It was so easy it was crazy. They even sent me a free t-shirt! Bonus!

Pros

It easily integrates with my podio system. I am able to track each and every call and have a WAY better understanding of my responses to marketing.

Cons

Can't think of a one.

Response from CallRail

Thank you! We're glad you like it!

Replied 16/08/2016
Trezelle M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

Could be better

callrail has alot of potential to be amazing. I hope they upgrade and it turns out to be amazing. I'm willing to give them a chance to prove themselves.

Pros

Call rail is cool because you get to choose a number that your business can have a local number, you can text people from it and you can record calls. This is all great, and very needed for businesses.

Cons

It's very clanky and unorganized. It's outdated and highly in need of some upgrades. I hate how you constantly have to refresh and sometimes I still miss text messages.

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

Find out what is driving your calls

Find out which ads are driving your calls. Buy the right keywords.

Pros

With this software, you can finally find out what ads are driving the most calls. The integration is relatively simple and it is a great way to optimize your ads for calls, instead of for form-fills.

Cons

The integration can be difficult and definitely requires the assistance of your development team. I wish there was a way to do this easier.