About SoGoSurvey

Transform your organization's customer experience with the SoGoCX platform. Meet customers where they are in their journey, pinpoint weaknesses, identify opportunities, and take action. With comprehensive analytical power at your...

Browse SoGoSurvey Reviews

Mavares P.

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

A good survey represents a clear business idea

Save time and effort with the best results in your business

Pros

The social sciences, as well as the disciplines related to trade and finance, build their research, results and conclusions using the different types of surveys. The SoGoSurvey platform offers a wide range of templates with their respective questions with a suitable format for the surveys, as well as the most common questions and answers, and the best thing is that it offers personalized design options, which allows you to distribute your surveys by different media. Then, complement your research with the reports module, which will allow you to analyze the data quickly and in real time through the reports module which can generate results in graphics, or if you wish, in diagrams of high professional level , which can be adjusted to your needs and requirements.

Cons

Every good system, in any field, must be checked according to the real needs of the organizations, since, although there is a "basic" version of this system, which is free, it is important to evaluate if it is possible to cover all of them. and each of the corporate needs. In general, these versions are very limited, so it is advisable to contact the support staff, who are always attentive to your requirements.

Zuhairah A.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

SoGoSurvey is good survey builder

Pros

I really like with SoGoSurvey's analytical report as they has many way to interpreted and presenting the data. I can view the data on charts, pie chart or any other data design that is easy to analyzed and view. The survey template also quite helpful especially when building a survey from the sketch.

Cons

It will be good if they can add more service and software that SoGoSurvey can integrated with. It will help me to managing all the software and service that i use on the one place, thus saving my time from have to accessing and login to each to all the software.

Jonathan B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

SoGoSurvey - A great tool!

We have been very happy with the results of using SoGoSurvey to receive additional feedback to help us make decisions as we move forward. Particularly, as we are in this year of the pandemic and changing business times, it has been helpful to solicit information.

Pros

We have found SoGoSurvey to be extremely helpful to us. We entered a new world to do surveys to solicit feedback from our volunteer staff and our customers (campers) and this was the right tool for us. The ease of use for the user who designs the survey and the ease of access and use for the taker of the survey are both terrific. We like the options for the questions and the ability to format for layout that works well for different types of surveys.

Cons

Some of the formatting of fonts and background could be a little better and easier to manage. But for what we do, it is not critical (and may be possible that we just didn't learn!)

SurveyMonkey and Alchemer

Reasons for Switching to SoGoSurvey

We chose SoGoSurvey for the cost and particularly their support of the not-for-profit industry with available discounts. This has been especially helpful due to loss of business this year!

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

We're so pleased to hear that SoGoSurvey has been helpful in an otherwise challenging year. We wish you all the best in 2021!

Replied 10/01/2021

Top SoGoSurvey Alternatives

Chris K.

Reviewed on 19/09/2016

Your Academic Research Friend

I needed a tool to conduct an online survey for my Bachelor's thesis. Therefore, I was reading a lot reviews and tried to compare features among various online survey tools. <a href="http://www.sogosurvey.com"Y>SoGoSurvey</a> sounded like a superior product at the price point where it is. Hence, I though I'll give it a try.

So far I've had an excellent experience, simply because I was able to include everything I needed in my survey with ease. If I got stuck their customer service helped immediately.

Overall I would recommend SoGoSurvey to my fellow students, particularly for the vast amount of features, great support, user friendliness, various data export options and beautiful designs.

Pros

<u>Survey Questions</u>
Currently 16 different types of survey questions are available (e.g. matrix grid, Intellimatrix, demographic text boxes and even file attachments). Those can be easily modified in up to 20 different ways.

<u>User Friendliness</u>
It's incredibly easy to build your survey. From the question types menu on the left side you just drag one of them into your dashboard and that's it. Each question type also has a little preview, so you can already see what they look like before using them. There is also a question bank where you can choose predefined survey questions or save your own ones.

You can also easily share one survey with other accounts. So it's easy to copy a survey or to work together on one. They also make it very easy for you to distribute your survey social media websites, regular websites, vial email and even via text messages.

<u>Language Support</u>
I think 37 languages are currently supported. So your survey can be displayed in many different languages. That was one of the main reasons why I chose this survey platform because I needed mine to be in Korean.

<u>24/7 Customer Support</u>
Whenever you have a question, SoGoSurvey tries to answer within an hour. On average it took them only 15 minutes to offer help and answer my questions.

<u>Data Export and Reports</u>
Your survey can be exported in eight different file formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, Word, XML, SPSS, Access, Sogo1). Many other survey platforms offer far less than these.

Cons

<u>Instructions</u>
Although, video tutorials are provided, I think some of the instructions could be a little bit more precise. For example, if you use a trial version, only 100 responses are allowed or in order to have an introductory text that only appears on the first page you have to insert a comment box.

<u>Mobile Phone Layout</u>
If you have a survey with a matrix grid (e.g. Likert scales) it is difficult to answer because the question uses a lot of size of your screen, whereas the space for the answer buttons are really tiny. Hence, you always have scroll a lot.

<u>Korean Language not available on the Main Language Page</u>
On my main language page I wanted to add a comment in Korean. However, the language is not supported so that only question marks appeared.

Hanifa A.

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

SoGoSurvey for PostGraduate Supervision Reports

I am a Senior Lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA). As part of my academic citizenship, I am responsible for collating reports on students' postgraduate progress on a six-monthly basis. The primary objective is to increase the M & D throughput rate. To achieve this objective, the Higher Degrees (HD) committee has elected to eradicate the paper-based cumbersome system in favour of an online automated system that is simpler and less time consuming for both students, supervisors and the administrative staff of the HD committee. The student reports assist in ascertaining what problems students may be experiencing in terms of their research and with their supervisor/co-supervisor, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary and to serve as an impetus for students to progress with their studies. The supervisor reports assist in determining the lack of progress from students, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities etc, identifying remedial actions to address supervisor problems in terms of training opportunities, co-supervision, online mentoring etc, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary (e.g. problem students), and to prompt supervisors to improve their supervision skills. Various tools were investigated in terms of ease of use, cost, reporting features, etc. and the survey tool, SoGoSurvey was deemed suitable for the reporting system. 29 Questions for Students and 15 Questions for supervisors have been created. The reporting system was implemented in 2016 on the plus plan and was extremely successful. I created the survey which is actually a reporting system and found that students and supervisors found this system to be extremely efficient in contrast to the manual word documents we had. I could easily send reminders to students and supervisors regarding non-submissions and could also extract the unique survey URL's for students that did not receive the invitations. It was also possible to draw meaningful reports and statistics from the system. This greatly reduced administrative overhead and I received instantaneous support from the SoGoSurvey team. We will continue with the system this year although we would like to upgrade our package to take advantage of additional features.

Hanifa A.
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Review on SoGoSurvey Software used for Postgraduate Reports

Ease of use, the ability to track submissions, the ability to generate reports in various formats, the single URL key feature where it is possible to e-mail a person their unique URL, the ability to print the report as proof of submission and the reminder functionality where it is possible to send reminders to invitees regarding their non-submission.

Pros

The user friendly interface of the software, the instantaneous support and the ease of drawing reports. I used this SoGoSurvey as our PostGraduate Reporting system for both students and supervisors. I investigated several options and found SoGoSurvey the easiest to use. If students did not receive their invitation, I could send them the unique URL for their survey report. I was also able to send three reminders to both the students and supervisors to complete their reports. For the supervisor reports, I sent a survey invitation for every student they supervise and this enable me to track how many supervisors completed their reports. I found the report generation feature extremely useful and I was able to draw reports on the fly for presentation to management according to their specifications of what was required. Unfortunately, I was on the plus plan and had restricted functionality but this did not in any way hamper my use. Unfortunately, I could not populate the surveys with the details such as student number, etc for the supervisors because of the limited access. Also, supervisors and students could not save the survey as this option is not available on the plus plan. However, both students and supervisors could save their submissions as pdf files which is very useful. Generally, I was highly impressed with SoGoSurvey and wish to use it again for our reporting system.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

A very simple and quick surveying software.

A very Fast survey system, just add questions and that's it, sogosurvey will take care of everything. I created future equipment buying opinion and found its better to ask people about it and give them a form and get them to think before asking. People can fill the form on their convenient time and mood which helps me to get the most accurate result and get to the conclusion faster.
Also, their feedback and experience with the maker company also help me how simple it is to get service done as I work in a pro-environment and we need out equipment fast or we encounter loss.

Pros

I needed to survey 20 people very quickly and I found sogosurvey with over 500 reviews, mostly positive as my first choice. I register using my google account and that's it. After registration, it's tutorial video explains a lot and helps me to start quickly.
I started to add my question and within am hours my survey is ready. It is not an official survey but to choose the equipment for out future projects but all my participants think it is.
It is a well-designed template and really nice report. I can do a pool but the survey is so much flexible.

Cons

I have to refresh the windows after adding the survey form template. And after that, it is very fast and usable.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Hi! We're happy to be the platform you are using to help you select equipment for future projects. You made the right choice to go with SoGoSurvey for quick set-up and ease of use!

Replied 07/11/2019
Chris R.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Love the flexibility

The responsive support is the very best I've experienced. I'm continually amazed at how quickly they are able to address my questions. Plus, they seem to be really engaged employees. In my previous life, we sold employee and 360 surveys that required highly skilled survey people. I'm able to create professional survey reports for the nonprofit organizations and I'm not a trained survey professional.

Pros

The flexibility to design surveys to meet a variety of needs. I am a volunteer that helps to design surveys for several different nonprofit organizations. I have been able to meet every need with a combination of the Pro level and download features.

Cons

I needed to upgrade to the next level to be able to do true 360 feedback surveys. I could work around this with the download capabilities and using Excel to fill the missing features.

Response from SoGoSurvey Enterprise

Chris, thank you so much for the detailed and positive feedback! We don't just offer a customer experience product, we take pride in delivering a wonderful customer experience to all of our users. :)

Replied 07/11/2020
Katherine F.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

Sogo Survey very best software to surveys.

Sogo Survey is a very good program that I have not found almost mistakes, it has benefited me a lot in my work area, since I have been able to provide better elaborated surveys and better explicit results, this has helped the innovations of our services.

Pros

What I like most about Sogo Survey is the way in which the graphs are implemented at the time of completing the questionnaire. A circular graph is shown where each person's responses are specified by percentages from positive to negative. This has greatly facilitated the understanding of their features and functions.

Cons

Sogo Surveys has an application for mobile phones, clearly for this app you can not perform surveys, but you can see statistics and percentages of surveys previously completed, the problem is that the percentages are totally different from those shown in the Sogo website.

Luisana A.

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

SogoSurvey and its technology to improve the understanding of an opinion through graphics.

I have benefited strongly from the use of SogoSurvey in my work area, since I had many problems before that some opinion polls were not understood, and thanks to the technology with which SogoSurvey works, it is perfectly understood.

Pros

What I like most about SogoSurvey are its functions, since other platforms do not have them, they are unique functions that explain very well the results of a survey using graphs and percentages that increase understanding.

Cons

I do not like the relationship that SogoSurvey has between price-functions, since they have totally exaggerated with the prices, I would like them to decrease the prices a little for a better accessibility to the plans they offer.

Andrea M.

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Amazing, especially if you are a student

I have really enjoyed using so go survey as my data collection software over the past year. It has been so easy to use and came at such a great price!

Pros

SoGoSurvey is easy to use and navigate and it makes great surveys! They also have a great student discount, which makes it very attractive to researchers on a budget.

Cons

It is hard to think of any cons as they are a growing business and are making new additions all of the time. I would say it does take a bit to learn how to navigate, so do not be afraid to reach out to customer support if you need help.

Annie F.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

SogoSurvey cares about connecting the client better.

I have benefited from the use of SogoSurvey because I have managed to understand much more the opinion of each client, knowing in percentage, what they like and what they do not like about our services.

Pros

I like SogoSurvey because it is totally different from other platforms that offer the service of surveys, since this one in particular, focuses on graphically showing the opinions of people, sorts each opinion in graphs with percentages.

Cons

I have no complaints about SogoSurvey, this software has no errors, its prices are stable and accessible to anyone and its functions are truly innovative.

Sherlock C.

Reviewed on 27/11/2015

just perfect...............................

When I started to think about choosing a proper tool to do surveys that will benefit my PhD research, I have already decided to go for build up my online questionnaires. Several benefits can be obtained from this tool. It is a convenient and much easier method for both the researcher and respondents. It is also a method that can be circulated easily among respondents with much less time, effort and money than those required in traditional surveying methods.
In the last couple of years there have been many different online survey providers emerge. As a doctoral researcher into online media, it was really important to find one that not only had a rich feature set, but also a survey tool that didn't make the provider more prominent than the survey.

Although very early days in my own use of the product, SoGoSurvey has a full feature set that outstrips many of its competitors. It also advertises Google Analytics integration for adding further value to the resulting data-set and holds the necessary TRUSTe certificates for data protection compliance - something that is absolutely essential in the professional and academic research environment.

Based on my own very basic trial of the product, it appears to be an excellent alternative to Survey Monkey and with a fantastic promise of email support. It promises to provide a really flexible and responsive system with some key features to support the survey process and its responses.

It's too early for me to give a very detailed review but their website has a great checklist of the available features and it's easy to trial to see whether it meets your specific needs.

Reviewed on 13/01/2018

Despite my initial challenges, I find SoGo Survey to be a very user-friendly program....

This software helped me produce and launch my research study for my Dissertation. The survey looks professional and is high-quality. Overall, user-friendly even for a beginner like myself.
Student pricing is great. Very competitive product. Highly recommend!

Pros

It was recommended that I use the free trial to become familiar with the service, while they continued to work on approving other issues, and to see how I liked it as well as whether or not I had any questions. Even though I was a beginner, and initially experienced several issues, to be fair, in just 3 weeks, I feel I am now quite the pro with SoGo Survey. lol. I find it to be a very user-friendly program after you get used to it. The support team is great --even through email. I will use them again.

Cons

I had to build each survey, even though I had previously existing surveys already created. There was no way around it and it was very time consuming while also trying to figure out their system and then, wait for responses back from them via email to continue.

Tony B.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

This is a great survey tool for the office!!

This is a great online survey & questionnaire tool that can be used as a student or organization. It has the latest software and most features such as response trend analysis, multimedia usage, online reporting and email support. Create free online surveys, forms, polls, and quizzes in minutes. Another bonus is that you can try it for free before spending money!

Pros

As a company, we do a lot of employee engagement survey's and customer surveys and SoGo is a great product that allows us to conduct them. We liked that there is a free demo and how it has an extremely user-friendly UI that is simple to navigate. I also appreciated that the software has reminders and updates to check for responses. The products tools are laid out well, easy for respondents to reply, and the reports were great! overall a wonderful and useful experience!

Cons

Our only problem with this survey software is when creating the survey's from scratch is a bit more challenging then it is when using a preset template, but that was expected. I would like to see more ease when creating a survey from scratch.

Kshama J.

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

I am PhD student, using this software over a year. It is user friendly.

SoGoSurvey made it possible to adapt my survey questionnaire with its user friendly software. It is convenient and satisfying. I would certainly recommend this to my friends.

Pros

The software which can adapt into any survey style.
I liked many of its features, especially the support team is best. It is friendly and are robust.
The design of this software is user friendly. Multiple grid is really advantageous for my research .
Great functions for data collection, and analysis. One can easily download the results in word or excel .

Cons

Some of its advance branching is bit confusing. More tutorials will be helpful. This is not though a major issue.

Denise M.

Reviewed on 21/12/2015

Though you have options, go straight to Pro

SogoSurvey's features allow me to create surveys that are simple or complex. While my inclination is to create a simple survey of yes/no questions, this is for my qualitative dissertation research. I will be drafting more complex questions that need skip-patterns, options for longer or shorter answers, and the ability to pause and save responses so the survey can be completed over time. I think that feature alone will boost the response rate to or beyond my stated goal and will result in more thoughtful and detailed answers. Though I won't be using piping for this survey, I love knowing that I have this feature as an option.

As a non-blogging student on a very limited budget, I appreciate having the option to buy a license for a fairly reasonable rate. I would suggest you determine exactly what you need first before choosing between a Plus and a Pro license (skip the Basic license altogether). If you are not sure, go for the Pro license. That one costs a bit more, but you won't spend the money on a Plus license and then have to spend another chunk of change on the upgraded license. With Pro you should have all the features you need to develop, implement, and analyze fairly complex survey data that will exceed even the strictest standards in most academic settings.

Finally, I'd like to give a shout-out to the webinar support staff. I signed up to take advantage of the additional support and Hamsi (I think that is his name) was patient and thorough and even made suggestions for how to improve my survey.

Jessica J.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Easy to use and edit—but costly for simple features

Monitoring customer satisfaction through surveys. Quick set up and implementation—customer response was high, suggesting ease-of-use.

Pros

Easily manage multiple surveys at once from dashboard. Simple and familiar user-interface. Quick load times.

Cons

There are lower-cost and free survey apps that offer most of the same features. Reporting could be more in-depth for the cost.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to review. We're so glad you find our dashboard to be familiar and easy to use! We know nobody has time to deal with a complex interface. :)

We take pride in offering free and entry level packages that are more than comparable to our competitors. Will you please shoot us an email ([email protected]) with the features and reporting you desire? We'd like to take your feedback into consideration and, oftentimes, our support team is able to identify functionality that may have been overlooked.

Cheers!

Replied 30/09/2019
Felipe R.

Reviewed on 20/02/2017

Best cost-benefit in the market

I have being using SoGosurvey for about two years now. During these years I have developed dozens of different questionnaires, within different levels of complexity. I use them mainly for my phd research, where I develop different types of behavioural tests. I must say that I am still quite happy with the service. I've seen that the Sogosuvey platform has evolved quite a lot within the last couple years, so it is definitively a service that keeps a constant upgrade policy. Hence, the resources to implement efficient surveys are always getting better and better. The graphics interface has also improved quite a lot. Customer's service is fast and 24/7. I am based in Europe, and always get quick answers when I have a specific inquiries, which is simply fabulous! The sogosurvey servers are quite stable. I have worked with other systems (such as Qualtrics), which usually rely on the university's servers, and therefore are significantly less stable. Finally, I can tell you that I will keep on using such services for a longer period time. I am very grateful of having found SoGoSurvey. The other ones available in the market won't go as smooth as this one. Of course, it is also important to mention that Sogosurvey offers special price ranges for students (like, free subscription...!), which is very convenient for researchers that are starting their careers. Cheers!

Tierra H.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

We have used SoGoSurvey for the past couple years, and we have been very pleased with the...

Pros

The software is easy to navigate. You can customize your survey in many ways, which gives it a more personal feel. The reporting and exporting functions are very straightforward, and they are perfect for our needs. We mainly use the software for one large annual survey, so the ability to "hibernate" our account for the rest of the year is a cost-saving function for us.

Cons

This past year, we had some technical issues with the billing component. It took a while to get it fixed, but customer service/tech support was helpful and eventually we figured out what the issue was.

Daniel J.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016

A perfect tool for students

The amount of surveys you need to do in college is unreal. Finding a gem like SoGoSurvey is wonderful.

I was searching for a survey program that would allow me to do more than your general survey like surveymonkey does. SoGoSurvey is just that product. I really appreciate the ease with which I was able to develop an employee engagement survey. I used one of their templates and was easily able to tweak it to fit what I was looking for.

In other programs the free versions often have a very small question limit. A limit that makes the surveys virtually useless for any large scale research. SoGoSurvey allows 30 question in its free version and unlimited questions in any of its paid versions.

Though I haven't yet used the branch logic feature it seems like a great addition to any survey. The surveys can also be easily amended to use various selection methods, from radio buttons to drop down menus.

The ease in implementing the survey is also there. Whether you want to just use a URL link or want to link it to facebook, it is as easy as a click of the button.

SoGoSurvey also offers a free student plan where you can have access to the full program for a year just by meeting a few specific criteria.

I highly recommend this tool for all who are looking for a full service survey tool for a reasonable price.

Sumeet Z.

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Powerful Survey Platform

Overall best UI and easy to use application use basic and have a look you will love it

Pros

Best UI and interface and best data collection buildin options with the free basic option

Cons

It's not helping in the data analysis that much as required

Donne V.
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Mostly met expectations

SoGoSurvey is very user friendly and it allows one to design questionnaires with many different question formats. My only issue, which came up in my research, is that if you have a very long list of questions, all requiring a different box to be ticked, it can get confusing because as the page scrolls down, the headings with descriptions of what each box refers to, disappears from view. It would be great if they could design things so that the question and descriptions of answer choices are locked to the top of the screen.
Other than that, I've loved using SoGoSurvey and I also recommend it to my students over other platforms such as Google docs.

Pros

Versatility, many different way to present and request data.

Cons

When using a block/matrix format for question lists, titles and descriptions of answer options are not locked to the top of the screen. On small devices, the participant soon looses sight of what the question is.

Chris P.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Powerful survey solution at a fair price.

Pros

Easy to build surveys with drag & drop. Solid simple templates for surveys and email invites. Strong data merge functionality. Good support for import of large lists.

Cons

Weird restrictions on the way that daily send limits are allocated prevent future sends from being pre-scheduled as they count against the current day's 'budget'. This one irrational limit causes me a significant workload.

Udayan D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Easy & inexpensive

I was recently looking for easy and inexpensive software to create an online survey for a team conflict organisational study. I found SoGoSurveys to be the best suitable and also responsive to my support needs. You may want to check it out.

Pros

wide features
good support
inexpensive
student-friendly

Cons

manual not available as separate document

Response from SoGoSurvey

Udayan, thanks for checking us out and suggesting that others do the same! Wishing you all the best with your study!

Replied 06/08/2019