Adobe Workfront Reviews

About Adobe Workfront

Adobe Workfront is a collaborative work management solution that addresses the challenges of disconnected teams, siloed tools, and the relentless pace of enterprise work. Workfront includes capabilities to capture and plan,...

4.2
4.1

Browse Adobe Workfront Reviews

1,437 of 1,437 reviews
Stefanie
Stefanie
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 23/04/2022

Vital integration into my company

I am able to stay in the know with my remotely run company. This product has given me the confidence to move forth after the mess and stress of the pandemic.

Pros

I truly enjoyed the fact that this product gave us hope to continue functioning 100% while still having to work remotely. This has enabled us as a whole to still build clientele all while staying on the same page with all employees with task management.

Cons

I really have nothing really negative to say. I guess this is just a product that is only as successful for you as what you put into it. Meaning it can be as simplistic and as basic as you want it to but it also can be really in depth and intricate as well. You get what you give.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

I really enjoyed the reviews and how my experience was pretty much exactly as other reviewers described.
Christian
Christian

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

A fantastic tool to maximize the success of projects

In order to save time and cut down on mistakes, we have developed our own workflows, implemented reminders, and totally automated repetitive chores. We have achieved greater productivity and a more solid foundation for our performance processes.

Pros

I love using the software because it makes me feel like my projects are well-organized. From project inception and job allocation to status monitoring and team communication, Workfront equips us with the tools we need for successful project management.

Cons

The client interface and Workfront's forms are a bit complicated, which may make it difficult to use effectively. Problems with computer programs are possible, and if they aren't fixed, they could lead to further complications or poor decision-making down the road.

Shannon

Workflow Management and More

Overall Workfront has helped our organization by helping to create a repeatable process with workflows to teams we've chosen. We can now differentiate between low complexity and med/high complexity work. We can measure incoming work because ALL work comes in as a task. Workfront serves as the one source of truth to find marketing work and final files. Hours are now measurable, ready to start tasks by team or department are easy to view. API usage has tremendously enhanced our experience as well.

Pros

The customizability of the platform is amazing. Based on the functionality of the tool, we created customized request queues and forms, and customized project templates for a consistent process. All work flows from an initial request and ends with project completion. Assignments are easily made due to the preassigned job roles on each task in templates. Also, the reporting feature is fantastic. We create reports and dashboards for Team Leads, Requesters, Workers, Executives to show them the data that's meaningful to them.

Cons

User experience is a problem for us. Depending on the job someone is doing, using the tool correctly can be confusing. We've had to change the process to stop using issues because users couldnt remember to create the issues on a task level but put them on a project level. These issues were then hidden and timelines not altered by the issue. Users have a hard time with understanding documents on a task vs documents on a project level. This caused a lot of problems in our organization so we changed our process to move task documents tab from the higher level and instruct users to only use documents on a project level. Timeline maintenance is also a major issue for our teams. Project Managers who own 70 projects cannot adjust timelines on the daily. As an organization we do not want to use projected completion date because it has given workers the idea that tasks were still on time although they were quite late. We rely solely on the task Planned Start and Planned Completion dates. Finally, since we use documents on the project level only, users must remember to work in documents then go to the task to mark it complete. There should be a popup on documents that when you version the document or make an update on the document level a popup will ask if you want to mark a task complete so users can complete the task while in the document area.

Brainshark and HCL Connections

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

Work visibility, templates, custom forms, reporting, dashboards.

Top Adobe Workfront Alternatives

Derek
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

Pros

We have been using Adobe Workfront for the past year and it is an amazing product and i highly recommend it to anywone looking for a digital collaboration software program that empowers your teams. We are in the nonprofit sector and the tools it provides helps our teamto plan, execute, and monitor projects in real-time.

Cons

The only downside is the having to pay for it as we are a small nonprofit, but we believe it is well worth it .

Margaret
Margaret

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Workfront helps us make projects more efficient

We can quickly and easily generate reports that are informative and easy to read thanks to the reporting tools. Workfront is a crucial component of our company's workflow, and it comes with outstanding support from knowledgeable experts whenever we have questions or concerns.

Pros

We really like how Workfront simplifies project creation because to its intuitive UI, portability across platforms, and task-setting flexibility. It automatically refreshes all of the data, so we can view the most recent updates to team projects at any moment.

Cons

Sometimes Workfront's capabilities fall short of what I need, and that makes me frustrated. As an added complication, overlapping task deadlines might make it look like a project is falling behind schedule when, in reality, it is just running a little behind schedule.

Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

Workfront is a great project management system for our team

By organizing and tracking our project activities, we can see how the workflow impacts the timing of individual tasks, which is a problem that Workfront helps us tackle.

Pros

Workfront's extensive toolset is fantastic. As a result, we are able to keep track of projects and documents in one easily accessible spot, perfect for audits and other record-keeping needs.

Cons

Workfront's high degree of complexity in setting up individual projects is one of its drawbacks. There is a steep learning curve that might slow down user adoption due to the interface's subpar design and abundance of options that make navigation difficult.

Grace
Grace

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

We can easily track the progress of a task/project with Workfront

By centralizing all of a team's work in a single location, Workfront makes it simple for everyone on the team to monitor the status of a given task or project, provide feedback on drafts as needed, and see how their work fits into the bigger picture. Financial coding is a part of it as well.

Pros

Workfront successfully unifies a wide range of a project's constituent parts. The user has a lot of leeway in determining the system's functionality and the information it stores to suit his own purposes.

Cons

Workfront's messaging system is not very user-friendly. Direct communication via email or phone is more convenient. On multiple instances, I have checked the Updates section for replies.

Dawn

Good Stuff

From implementation to the partners - it's great!

Pros

It helps streamline work. A business that runs more efficiently is going to be the leader of the pack.

Cons

I think resource mapping could use a touch more work. I'd love to see a heat map.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

The ability to upscale usage to an enterprise work (time managed) system.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Workfront Works!

Projects are laid out very well, and we provide transparency to our requesters.

Pros

I like the functions of it all. It's very organized, and once you're used to it, it's very easy to use.

Cons

Unfortunately I find the app extremely difficult to use and frustrating.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

The depth of detail available was best for our uses.

Highly flexible solution

Pros

Ability to adapt workflows mid-stream. Not locked in to a particular path.
Overall UI is clean, and simple, unlike previous solutions we have used.
Their support is outstanding. They listen and work to implement changes to better the application. Truly committed to the customer, and hearing their feedback.

Cons

Comparing it to our previous solution, there isn't really anything (yet) that I have negative to say about it.

Brandfolder and Adobe Experience Manager

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

They blew us away with their attention to detail, especially knowing how our organization works, and customizing the demo for us specifically.
belasco

Reviewed on 04/02/2023

Adobe Workfront Review

I have had a positive experience with Adobe Workfront. The platform is intuitive and easy to use, and it provides powerful tools for project management, task management, and resource management. It is also highly customizable, allowing us to tailor our workflow for our specific needs. The customer service has been excellent, and the support staff have been very helpful in providing assistance and solutions to any issues we encountered. Overall, I would highly recommend Adobe Workfront as an effective project management solution.

Pros

One of the best things about Adobe Workfront is its scalability. It is designed to be able to accommodate teams of any size and complexity, and it is able to easily adapt to changes in your business. This makes it great for teams that are constantly growing and changing. The software is incredibly user friendly and has a wide range of features that make it easy to manage and track projects. It also has a robust reporting system that can help you to quickly identify areas of improvement. Finally, Adobe Workfront has excellent customer support and a knowledgeable support team that can help you if you ever need assistance.

Cons

The biggest con of Adobe Workfront is the lack of customization options. While the platform offers a range of features, it can be difficult to customize the software to meet specific needs. The cost of the software can be prohibitive for some businesses.The user interface can be confusing and unintuitive, making it difficult for users to quickly learn and understand the software.

Heather
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Workfront

Workfront is our go-to. We have someone needing something we send them to submit their need through Workfront. IF someone needs to review or approval something, we send it through Workfront. That way we have a trail of information of why we did the things we did or went with the project(s). Its the paper trail. It also took us from having 2-3 hour long status meetings every week to one 30 minute meeting sometimes every week or so. We can summarize much better than running through a multiple page document spreadsheet. It has saved us time and sanity.

Pros

I am able to add all my projects and tasks into one location so that my team is aware of what I am working on and my clients can see where their project stands. This is very helpful in case something happens, we often say, if we get hit by "the bus" someone will know where my project is and what to do next.

Cons

It was a rough start. The account rep(s) that we have had were not very good at making sure we were happy as a customer or if we had a need. Since we got our remote system admin, it has been amazing. We love our rep!

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

It had us from the get go. It seemed the most user friendly and customizable.
Gaurav
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Project Management made easy

After using Workfront, I was able to focus on completing my analytics projects in time and reduced time wasting in finding what my tasks were by searching for emails where tasks were originally requested. I was able to successfully document progress I made on various marketing projects and review it with my manager. So, avoided wastage of time and paper when reviewing progress of my work. This reporting capability of Workfront also helped my manager provide budget and resources support, when needed.

Pros

I use Workfront software to manage my analytics workflow which is part of the larger marketing campaign projects. My favorite feature of Workfront is its ability to search all projects by specific keywords such as name of vendor, product or brand which my marketing team is trying to promote. And, the feature of summarizing all the projects in one page with my name assigned to them. So, I can quickly find a project I need to work on as well as prioritize it. I also like the feature of getting an update in my email that a new project has been assigned to me by my marketing team, so I know I need to start working on a new project. Support is great. All these features make me more productive in my role of a web analyst.

Cons

Workfront interface is not very user friendly so it takes time for a newbie to first train on it before adopting it. The scale of project completion from 0% to 100% is not very accurate because I had to leave it on 0% for some of my projects for me to know that those projects are not complete before moving on to the next set of new projects. I was unable to print the milestone report so I could share it with executives. I also struggled with the limited ability to globalize the comments, so I was having a tough time tracking a conversation.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

I chose Workfront over this alternative product because of its ability to report on project progress.
Sara

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

PMO take on Workfront

I am a champion of Workfront for my company, although I am a SME/admin and not responsible for the day to day Workfront use, it was a great experience begin involved in the implementation and owning one of the workstreams. Workfront lets you become a SME and get to know the system so easily, without constantly changing it (or providing straight forward changes that do not interrupt your day to day work.

Pros

Going from using four different platforms to manage the intake, planning and execution of projects
(ServiceNow, excel, Smartsheet and Microsoft Project) down to 1 single platform has been a life saver for the teams that I am on for my company. We were able to train our submitters on one system, built our own workflows, and then turned around and trained our PM's on the same system. One Pro I love is that we can make changes and enhancements on the drop of a hat (well, with planning and thought ahead of time), versus ServiceNow, where it took us 2-3 minutes to simply change a field name. I also enjoy the time and attention that Workfront has given to my company, they listen well and problem solve along side us, not just for us,

Cons

We are still in the Legacy Resource Planner because we have set up our job roles for each team, so the legacy system lets us set capacity estimates when planning projects (for example, Our Integration team is all under Integration job role, but we allocated 10% of their time in our resource planner towards discretionary projects, which allows us to better plan and prioritize this huge bucket of work). There is no way for us to set capacity %'s for job roles in the new system, without creating new job roles.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Workfront makes managing projects easy with strong training, support and reporting features.

It helps us save time when it comes to resource allocation and time management. The reporting features helps upper-management better understand what we are doing and how much time it takes to do it. I love how they are constantly pushing updates that help improve the tool based on user feedback.

Pros

I have been a Workfront user for a few years now and am a big proponent of this project management tool for several reasons.
1) I find it very intuitive for users to use
2) It is easily customized based on the needs of your users
3) The reporting feature is worth the price of admission itself
4) Their support team is quick to respond and the self-help area is robust so you can find an answer to any question you may come across
5) Workfront offers a comprehensive training tool that covers several types and levels of training for users at all levels including frequent live trainings
6) The Community area is a great place to share ideas and ask for help from other users
7) They are constantly making updates and improvements to the tool
8) The Workfront Proof viewer is a great feature for those who want to markup and share creative within a project.

We looked at several solutions and I'd say that Workfront was by far the best option for our internal creative agency.

Cons

Setting up can be time consuming if you don't already have a process in place. Do your homework and dedicate the time to do it right before launch or else user adoption can be difficult. Plan on user adoption to be your biggest hurdle as people are uncomfortable with change. Make the Workfront trainings mandatory before use.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 22/10/2015

Complete and powerful PM information system with some areas to improve

Working in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform.
Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand.
Workfront is fulfilling our basic needs, but we feel that there is a lack of ability to create clear dashboards or to have a better visibility of critical task between multiple projects at the same time (which happens when several campaigns overlap).
There are other points to improve (see Cons below), but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.

Pros

Logging hours is not painful (as it actually sounds), there are several choices to input them and it’s quite easy to get used to the habit.
The collaboration features are very good: comments, sharing if documents, approvals...
Work requests via assignments are clear and provide accountability.
Integrated document proofing and versioning is a must for any creative department and this one works really well.
Workfront support is quick and responses are elaborated, always providing a workaround if there isn't a functionality to match your need.

Cons

Reporting is a bit limited; while basic reporting is completely fulfilled and you can present the information in clear graphs, when you try to create complex relations (historic vs forecast, capacity vs demand) things get more complicated, there are limitations and you need workarounds to obtain the desired (or closest to the desired) information.
Sharing of information is cumbersome; although you can send automatic reports by email, it's difficult to distribute more elaborated pieces of information.
Resource management is limited; there are tools in the system, but they are not intuitive and are a legacy of previous versions of the system.
Learning curve is steep, it doesn't take much time to get familiarised with the common request-collaborate actions (which most of the users will do), but it needs much time and training to carry out actual project management processes within the system.

Sher Mohammed
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Adobe Workfront

The general involvement in Adobe Workfront is by and large sure. Clients value the stage's vigorous venture and the executive's highlights, including task following, asset the board, and coordinated effort apparatuses. The capacity to modify work processes and incorporate task-related exercises is many times seen as a significant advantage. While there might be an expectation to learn and adapt related to the stage, we view it as a significant instrument for smoothing out the project and the executive's processes and improving group efficiency.

Pros

One perspective that clients frequently value about Adobe Workfront is its complete arrangement of elements for the project the executives. Clients find the stage powerful and flexible, offering functionalities, for example, task following, asset the executives, joint effort instruments, and adjustable work processes. The capacity to smooth out and unify project-related exercises in a solitary stage is much of the time commended as a significant benefit of Adobe Workfront.

Cons

An expected disadvantage of Adobe Workfront is the expectation to learn and adapt related to the stage. Because of its broad list of capabilities and customization choices, it might require some investment for clients to actually completely get a handle on and use every one of the functionalities. Moreover, a few clients have referenced that the evaluating design of Adobe Workfront can be a piece complex, contingent upon the particular necessities and prerequisites of an association.

Vic
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Wonderful way to track your work, communicate and report on almost anything you can dream of.

It allowed our IT department to go from 5 products to track our work (ITSM, Assana, TFS, MS Project, and Spiratest) to one product where we use it for our Helpdesk, Projects, Agile Teams, Test Cases, and results, and many many dashboards and reports to gauge how we're doing. Now we're able to track our work and if the work belongs to another team we can pass it along without having to recreate it in another tool. The communication function is also been a success for us.

Pros

The work tracking, communication and reporting capabilities. Reporting is a misnomer because it's more of a screen view that allows you to dive deeper into the report and the objects in the report. The Communication methods of being able to comment on objects and allow people to respond via email and still append the reply as a log in the object has been a big win for us. Even naysayers now love the product in our organization. The reporting is so powerful I instruct users to develop their dream scenario and I can usually deliver what they want.

Cons

From time to time it can get glitchy. They've made great improvements on this over the years and I've had the same issue with other products too (i.e. MS Project used to crash on me once a day). But for the complexity of the product and all the functionality it delivers, it's a very small percentage of time that this occurs.

Tanya
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Workfront has helped make work and projects more visible

Overall the system does what we need it do do, but we are underutilizing it, making it difficult to justify the cost. It is challenging to navigate what are perceived limitations alone, but when you get to conference you see there are workarounds for. Consulting hours are ok, the consultant can make or break if they are valuable and often only bring to the table what you can find in help or community. Account Reps are also challenging and provide inconsistent service.

Pros

Workfront is customizable and can be tailored to meet the different needs of a variety of units throughout the College. Everything can be in one place, making it easier to communicate, and make decisions. The opportunities to make improvements to process are endless.

Cons

There are too many ways to do the same things, making it difficult to train and onboard users. The frequency that things change also makes it hard for existing users to stay on top of functionality. Help and customer support are inconsistent, often pointing you to help articles that you can find on your own. There are many tips and hacks to the system that are almost impossible to find or figure our on your own, and the only time you really learn about them is at conference when you connect with amazing Workfront consultants or attend some great sessions.

Caroline

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Ideal tool for the administration of high level projects

This tool has allowed to carry out a better organization, planning and management of large business projects since it provides all the appropriate tools for it, being able to prioritize projects, monitor their status and collaborate with different team members, making the work much simpler of everyday.

Pros

I like this tool since it is ideal to carry out the administration of high level projects, and this is thanks to the fact that it provides the adequate tools and a configuration that is highly customizable, thus doing the management, collaboration and work in team is much simpler and more fluid, has high quality report reports because they are very detailed and easy to understand, also allows members who are in different countries to collaborate with each other just by sending a request to them and assign assignments that make the development of the project much faster, being able to exchange ideas and comments among them, as well as being able to monitor the progress of each user or the project in general and the best thing is that the tool is always updated and It is very easy to use, which is why it is suitable for the management of large projects.

Cons

One of the things that I think I do not like is that he does not have a live chat and it would be very appropriate since the communication would be much more direct and fast, in addition to his costs or plans are somewhat confusing and to know the same You must communicate through calls with your team since they are not on your platform.

April
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 30/07/2022

Let Adobe help push your business into the future on time

Pros

What’s really incredible about Adobe is that it’s more than just a program that used to be for graphic design and computer nerds. Adobe has really pushed into the house Covid 2022 with a incredible program that allows your organization to use so many different features. The project management tool and all the other ones that assist such as time scheduling and tracking and project management assignment and all those other things are so incredible when it comes to trying to keep your organization or business on track. It’s very hard to manage more than a few people all alone when you have a program that allows you to be able to see if peoples time is being utilized correctly or if some tasks don’t need as much time as others it’s a very cool thing to have. I would say take the leap and go forward and implement this into your programming for your company and watch how you’re employees grow and how your business grows as well

Cons

I think some of the harder parts of this program that seem to pop up or it’s a little bit harder to get used to working with us. It’s a lot more complicated than it seems sometimes for certain parts of the program. You have to be knowledgeable about how to use this program and you can’t just figure it out by just playing around in it. You really have to have a dedicated knowledgeable person who can run this program and do it well

Emma J.
Emma J.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Workfront Leading the Frontier of Web-Based Project Management Systems

Workfront is a great web-based project management platform. It is well-designed, and the company continues to make updates to improve it's platform and does not just sit on their hands for one annual update.

It is very easy to link projects, manage workflows, the reporting is intuitive, and much more. In addition, asset management is streamlined with ability to house documents within projects, or as my company does for larger programs that span multiple projects, create an actual Document Repository project that can be used across multiple boards.

The community is very engaged and admins and project managers can speak together to help figure out the more advanced parts of the platform and how to help arrive at the endpoint your are searching for, wherever possible.

They have phenomenal integration with other platforms, with options to have full DAM and more, but each add on increases the price (naturally).

Even as they develop, they tend to have beta areas and accept feedback to continue to improve before they launch something that would impact the entire platform.

Pros

Well-designed
Continual Updates from Workfront instead of waiting to fix problems
Ease of linking projects with cross-predecessors
Managing Workflows
Reporting
DAM
Engaged community with other Project Managers to discuss best ways to utilize Workfront
Integration with other platforms

Cons

I am interested in almost all that Workfront has to offer, but to have everything it can do can be cost-prohibitive. My company has utilized other platforms, that may be less efficient and harder to keep everything consolidated, simply because of the additional cost of utilizing the feature in Workfront.

Ryan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Robust software trying to be everything for everyone

The support is unparalleled. Our technical, sales, Customer care team was awesome. I would say I had to use them too much, but they were great every time. Can't commend them enough for the efforts to help us. I'd say a large piece of why we stayed with WF was because of their support team.

It's almost like having so many options within the tool became counter-productive. If it maintained a more unique personality, and did more consulting to help clients adjust their processes to the tool, somewhat, I think there would have been more of a win for us. Our processes were fairly simple and we got all caught up in the bells and whistles of the tool. It could very well be that the tool wasn't right for us; I didn't have any say in the decision-making process.

Pros

The Ease of building reports; Getting the data out of the tool is really easy. The ability to format reports the way you want to see the data is very useful too. The UI is very easy to navigate, and easy on the eyes - not so busy and crowded on any one page, which I appreciate.

Cons

Way too complex, too many moving parts, too many hard-coded definitions for tasks, groups, teams, roles, etc. The backend of WF is exhausting. I, more or less, had 2 admins that had to manage the tool for the company. I don't take off TOO much for this, as the company was very lazy in using the tool. However, part of that laziness was because of the complexity of doing simple tasks within the tool.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Better than nothing, still not great

I go to Workfront to see what's been assigned to me. I'm not responsible for creating projects.

My overall experience is that it's good enough, but even after using it for a few yearsr I have trouble filtering out the noise.

Pros

Workfront is more advanced than the system we had before (an Excel spreadsheet!) and it does make it possible for a department of 25 people to sort projects, keep track of updates and share proofs. This is especially useful now that we're working remotely. The calendar view is handy and I like being able to upload proofs directly to the project so the relevant people can keep track of them.

Cons

There's so much noise. Tabs we never use, duplicated information, several fields containing unimportant information. It takes a while to sift through to find the meaty information, which is usually under Custom Forms of all places. It's not intuitive.

Jessa

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

I think that Workfront is a very innovative system - I think there are some missing pieces too.

Pros

I like that Workfront is pretty easy to navigate, I also like the new front with integrations coming into play. I like how easy it is to do reporting and leverage reports into dashboards.

Cons

I do not like the lack of ability to customize user instances. I would prefer to hide everything that a user does not need to see or use to make it way more basic. Right now, the system is not structured to do this by user only by group or permission settings. I think it's also annoying to have current-pending projects not be an option to show on the legacy gnatt and it's a pretty easy feature. I'd also like to see more development with roles and skillsets not the basic settings for primary and secondary roles. I'm happy to hear that the help desk will be restructuring requests going to specific topics such as reporting. I have used the help desk before and have found it frustrating that the consultant I am assigned does not have the knowledge to address my concern/question and I get passed along through the pipe until I reach someone who can. I'd like to see development in reporting more.