About Brightpearl

Brightpearl is a complete Retail Operating System for brands, retailers and wholesalers, that’s designed to scale with fast-growing e-commerce brands. Our platform offers flexibility to respond to rapid changes in demand with...

Browse Brightpearl Reviews

Adam
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Brightpearl is a fantastic all in one ERP system

Brightpearl is a fantastic all in one ERP system that is great for connecting all your eCommerce channels under one roof. They key to any eCommerce growth is being able to automate as much as possible and this is where Brightpearl excels. When we started using Brightpearl back in 2014 we were processing around 100 orders per month. In 2020 we are processing more than 100 orders per day and without Brightpearls automation this would not have been possible.

Pros

Great for automating your eCommerce orders.

Cons

Finance system needs improving for handling offline customer credit accounts.

ChannelAdvisor

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for your review. Automating manual tasks to give time back has been our thing since day one so it's great that you're getting so much value out. 100 orders to almost 3000 orders a month is amazing and we're so pleased we've been such a key component in making that happen!

Replied 06/11/2020
Stuart

Reviewed on 08/02/2017

Manages the core of our business, finances and products.

We have been using brightpearl for several years now and the core function of the system has been to centralise around the accounts and stock management for our business. This means it's super easy to keep control of the business critical systems. The system has grown and expanded and as a small business I don't need a lot of this but it's there incase.

The most important thing we have found is the super easy simple Brightpearl POS solution that is sharing the same core data for products/customers/payments as our website and accounts in real time so if the last item sells online then we don't over sell this in store at the weekend. We have two small showrooms and can have two separate pos channels that make it easy to deal with customers in store and telephone orders in the main program. Push sales from POS to backend and vice versa. It makes us more efficient and look more professional in store and on the phone.

Even as a small business we have constantly changing stock and a large number of products (over 11,000) so need control of those as simply as possible. Brightpearl has done that for us along with accounts functionality.

I hope as brightpearl expands it can keep true to it's roots of supporting small businesses with a system that would normally only be available to big business with big budgets. The core simple EPOS is just perfect for us with multichannel order routes to the dispatch desk.

Pros

the simple EPOS systems linked into the core of the system in real time. You have to do things by the book and can't cut corners in processes.

Cons

Sometimes you have to do things by the book and can't cut corners in processes.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Mixed Bag with Areas of Opportunity

It's nice to have all your records in one place, but being able to make meaningful use of said data is a large area of opportunity, and it can be done with some substantial elbow grease.

It's good for smaller companies, but larger companies would be better with different ERP solutions.

Pros

BP has made some improvements in key areas, such as the removal of purchasing of user slots. (e.g. if you had 10 users, only 4 could sign in at any one time).

But there are still areas of opportunity, in terms of better facilitation of accounting, order, and inventory control.

That said, it is probably still the most economical, if you want to really put in some elbow grease vs. other ERPs.

Cons

Needs substantial improvements in reporting inventory and accurately pulling proper reports for tax accounting and other accounting, as well as aiding in projecting units to order per quarter/season. Basic functionality is fine, but could also be improved, as much of the panel is very Web 1.5. Really meant for smaller companies, and not larger complex ones.

Response from Brightpearl

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're always pleased to get feedback from one of our customers. I'm pleased you're enjoying our updates to the platform. We're always looking to improve and feedback from users such as yourself is invaluable in assessing this.

Regarding your comment on Brightpearl being primarily suited to smaller companies, many of our customers are large businesses who have grown on Brightpearl and find our platform scales with them. Others join us as such as are impressed with the flexibility.

We would really like to explore the areas for development you mention. I would recommend dropping an email to your Customer Success Manager and we can get the ball rolling.

Thank you again.
Brightpearl

Replied 12/02/2018

Top Brightpearl Alternatives

Peter
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Why oh why is it so hard to find an awesome ERP in this space? Hold up! Brightpearl? Yes!

In the jungle of ERP for DTC brands, Brightpearl is the Jaguar, lurking in the shadows. Deadly (aka effective) but with less fanfare than the lions and the tigers. If you're doing multi-channel and need an ERP/WMS/OMS, get a demo!

Pros

Seamless integration for our multiple channels of commerce. Cloud-based, no need for IT staff to maintain. Infrequently goes down. Never gone down at a critical time aka BFCM. Plays nice with Shopify, Amazon, retail, in-house orders.

Cons

Training could be better for rank-and-file staff. Handling of sales tax (in multiple jurisdictions aka Wayfair ruling) could be better.

Response from Brightpearl

Wow! I'm not sure I've ever read a review like that, Peter, and it's great that it's about Brightpearl!

It might be a cliche, but we do see ourselves a gap in the market for the reasons you've noted here. We love having you and the rest of the team as a customer and we hope that we'll be able to be part of your success story for many more years to come.

Replied 30/10/2020
Nicki

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Would Recommend Brightpearl

Overall the experience is very good. With the Automation App, orders are fulfilled direct to the warehouse by-passing customer services, and invoicing is completed automatically at the end of each day.

Pros

Easy to use. Gives a full view of the business with order management, stock and accounting all together in the one product

Cons

Revenue reporting on sales of products sold within bundles. Revenue is attributed to the bundled product and not to the individual product. Therefore manual manipulation of the exported data is needed.

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Nikki,

Thank you so much for your review, we love receiving feedback from our customers!

I'm really pleased you find Brightpearl easy to use and our functionality meets the majority of your business goals. It's particularly great to hear that you're fulfilling orders swiftly by actioning the exceptions rather than each order.

On your comment on revenue reporting, have you raised this with your Success team or Brightpearl Support? I'll do this for you and get them to follow-up with you directly.

Replied 14/06/2022
Jessica
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Support is very slow

I like the services they provide but again, their team is very slow to find solutions when something happen to go wrong with their system.

Pros

I like that it is very easy to navigate and the ability to centralize all inventory from multiple warehouses and vendors is critical.

Cons

Their support is very slow to get an actual solution. Recently I had to provide examples with every single about the issue we were encountering almost as if I were doing the job for them. The longest they left me without a single update about the issue was 5 days and for the answer to be very simple and could have been resolved immediately if the correct person was in touch with us to begin with. Another solution to this would have just been to provide your team with this knowledge so that the problem would have not grown to what it is.

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback.

I fully appreciate that from your perspective, our approach may seem slow - however, with a platform offering functionality as broad as Brightpearl, we need to be sure that we fully understand the issue being raised and in some cases need examples of what has occurred in order to diagnose it properly.

In this case, as soon as the issue was understood (after you kindly provided examples), the first agent you spoke to escalated it to a senior colleague who was able to give you the help you needed.

I'm sorry that it took longer than was expected, but I'm pleased to hear we got you the help you needed.

Tom (Brightpearl by Sage)

Replied 03/01/2023
Ellie

Reviewed on 28/04/2021

Excellent, intelligent platform

An intelligent platform that allows the business to report and develop it's strengths and weaknesses. As well as manage stock, customer orders and build information for the business. The features available suit a variety of business needs and the go to customer service and support system is vital.

Pros

The abilities and reporting involved with controlling stock and orders

Cons

We have maxed Brightpearl's abilities, but due to their expansive resources we are looking into their other analytics service to fulfill our requirements.

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Ellie,

Thank you so much for sparing the time to review us.

It's great to hear that you've been able to get such insights to help your growth!

Our entry level reporting is sufficient for some of our brands, but we acknowledged that some need more power and granularity which is why we have developed our analytics suite to meet this need. It sounds like you'd be a great fit for it.

Thanks again,

Replied 30/04/2021
Nicky
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 28/04/2021

Great software

Pros

Stock control is the most impactful and helpful

Cons

The add ons which are required such as automation

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Nicky,

Thank you for your review of us, we really appreciate it.

It's fantastic to hear that you're finding so much value in our stock management functionality.

On the add-ons, we understand that a one size fits all approach doesn't work for everyone so with us, you can pick and choose the tech stack that fits best for you. We think that this is the right approach rather than mandating what our customers use. I hope this makes sense?

Thank you again, for the review.

Replied 30/04/2021
Rob
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 06/09/2014

Getting Better and Better- 8 Months working with BP

After 6 months, i now have a functional product. I've tried several other Multichannel inventory systems and they all have issues, so it is to be expected.. I choose to stick with BrightPearl because of their potential. I am not using the accounting part yet because it doesn't save me time and doesn't have the functions for Amazon FBA returns...YET... I'm hoping they read this and put it on their "to do" list.

The reports and inventory management are the basics I'm using right now. We have over 3000 skus and they are managing them well. it is saving me time and money when reordering and gives me the knowledge of what is selling well and what isn't.

The money it is saving me with cutting edge inventory management is worth it. The rest is gravy. They are constantly updating and improving the product, So I can't wait to see what is next.

I would recommend them, especially if you sell on Amazon FBA.

Pros

Multi Channel inventory management - Including Amazon FBA
Reports - to many to list
The Accounting System

***The in house customer Service is exceptional. They deserve an award!!! They are the reason I'm a customer.***

Cons

Set up was a long process. i was assigned to an outside company Ferrier Johnson. Avoid them if possible.
They are still having "Growing Pains" and many features are in need of improvement.
No time saved listing on ebay

Joana
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

Amazing Company, amazing team!

Pros

It's super practical, easy to use and understand and it helps to track way more than other services.

Cons

It would be amazing if it could have more visual reports

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Joana,

Thank you for your feedback! So in summary: it works, it's simple, and it's better than the competition? As reviews go, we couldn't ask for more!

On the visual reports, we're aware of how popular they are and we're working on developing more all the time!

Replied 06/11/2020
Gail

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

It works for us!

The customer service support team are knowledgeable and always do their utmost to solve any problems. Not just a chat feature but real intelligent individuals always trying their best to help.

Pros

This software manages our inventory seamlessly between our 3 channels. We have been using Brightpearl for 5 years and have just renewed our contract for another year. The ability to access customer information, pricing and inventory control all in one place makes it indespensable.

Cons

The software doesn't integrate directly with X-cart but we have a work around.

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Nick,

Great to hear from you. Thank you for sparing some time to give us your thoughts.

Happy 6th Brightpearl Anniversary too! It's so heartwarming to hear the impact that Brightpearl has had on BayTree Cookware over the years. I'll pass on your glowing feedback of our customer service team - I know they love to hear it.

Replied 23/10/2020
Sital

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Very flexible software

Pros

Flexibility , it also does multiple stock locations. So if you have 10 sales guys then you can set various warehouse for them.

Cons

Sometimes it's too slow. Customer service can take long depending on the priorities. They don't have free customer service on the phone. Only through email.

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Sital,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I'm really pleased you're finding Brightpearl flexible as we've built it that way.

We used to charge for our phone support, but we realised that wasn't helpful to our customers so we've made it free to all. Give them a call and see for yourself (https://www.brightpearl.com/contact-support).

I'm sorry you've found our Support team slow to respond however. I mentioned this to our Head of Support, Chris Church, and he's keen to discuss this with you to understand what happened. When you have a moment, could you email the Support team ([email protected]) with some availability and we'll set up a call.

Tom

Replied 19/12/2017
DICKENS
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Broghtpearl the New ERP!

I have used Brightpearl for over 1 year and one thing is evident. Effectiveness, its very light and tabs load quickly, I can say for those who need a proper Enterprise management system, BP it is.

Pros

It's intuitive and very easy to integrate with other eCommerce platforms like Shopify.

Cons

It requires a bit of training to get started.

Response from Brightpearl

Hi there Dickens,

Thank you very much for your review, it's great to hear that you're getting on so well with Brightpearl and it's connection to our partner, Shopify.

On your comment on training, Brightpearl is a broad system so it could be seen as daunting without the right training - this is why we ensure that our implementation team set you properly trained before you go live, and afterwards you have access to our learning platform, Brightpearl Training, and also our Help Centre and Community where you can pose questions to other users. If you'd like any help with these, please contact your Success team who will be happy to send you in the right direction.

Thanks again for your review,

Replied 24/05/2021

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

Brightpearl - I couldn't sell on multi-channels without this piece of software

I knew from the outset that I would be selling across multiple channels including Amazon, eBay and our own website and so wanted software that could cope with the stock changes across each channel in live time. But as I was starting a new business wanted some accounting software too, well Brightpearl offers both and the accounting side of things is similar to Sage so is easy to get to grips with and our accountants were more than happy too.

Pros

Ease of use
Account package integrated into their core system
Inventory readjusted automatically across all channels as items are sold

Cons

Some aspects of the accounting could be more automated rather than relying on manual intervention
Some areas when selling on ebay internationally need manual intervention, will be better when this is not required

Edward

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

Fantastic easy to use platform, constantly being updated and improved,.

We are a multi-channel retailer with a physical shop, two magento e-commerce sites, ebay, and email/phone sales and have been using brightpearl for coming up to 4 years. Brightpearl combines all of these channels with ease and fluidity into one order processing/stock management/accounting system.

It is very easy to learn with a multitude of useful features, and new features being added monthly if not weekly. There is no way we would have been able to expand as a company without brightpearl, and it streamlines a huge number of processes, enabling previously very time consuming tasks to be carried out quickly and easily but much fewer staff members.

Being an online service means we are all able to work from home, or on the go.

Pros

Versatile, simple to use, efficient

Cons

Being cloud based means the service does drop, however this is irregular and infrequent

Dean

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Good Reliable System

Good service and communication. Advise them of improvements required, hopefully implemented.

Pros

Reliable Platform, good for stock management and links up well to our websites.

Cons

Back end needs updated and reporting could be improved.

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Dean,

Thank you very much for your review, we love hearing from our customers!

I'm very pleased to hear that your business is doing so well on Brightpearl.

Just on your feedback on our reporting functionality, we have options for our customers who wish to go beyond our core reporting, I'll ask your Success team to reach out to you about Brightpearl Analytics.

We'll look out for your suggested improvements.

Replied 28/05/2021
Sam
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Brightpearl

Pros

The product is easy to use, as always the key is the correct set up

Cons

As our business has grown project costing has become challenging

Response from Brightpearl

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your feedback, it's great that you find Brightpearl so straightforward to use. Yes, setup is king, however it sounds like you've been able to take advantage of our post-launch training resources - learning platform, document library, and Support team.

On your comment on project cost, I'll get your Success team to reach out to you to discuss further.

Replied 25/06/2021
Tony

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Not complete package.

I think Brightpearl can be an excellent package, in my opinion, a little expensive comparing to others, especially considering they are still developing the product. Automation seems to work well, and plays nice with BigCommerce.

Pros

Brightpearl supports multi-currency and multi-channels which is nice being able to segregate sales and expenses related with each channel.

Cons

Support is not the best, especially if you're in the USA, the support in USA is not as good as the UK, so unfortunately you may have to wait a day to get response regarding issues, but they are quick to get back to you, assuming you can overlook the time difference.

Response from Tom

Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we really appreciate it.

It's great to hear that you're finding our Automation app useful and that it's working well with your BigCommerce store. Additionally, the channel segmentation and multi-currency as these are really popular amongst our other customers too! It's great to hear!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel our US Support has some room for improvement. We acknowledge that sometimes on occasion it takes our support agents a little longer than we would like to respond so we are actively hiring in the US so expand the team which will reduce the chances of this considerably. More on this very soon!

Regarding our development, we're constantly developing and refining the platform as the retail and wholesale landscape shifts, and adding new features that our customers request. If there is something specific you feel that you would like to see, the best thing to do it to raise a Feature Request. I would suggest discussing it first with your Technical Account Manager as it may be that it's already in development.

Thanks again for posting the review.

Replied 17/07/2018
Ibrahim

Reviewed on 07/02/2017

Must Have for Multiplatform Ecommerce companies

We have signed up with Brightpearl 3 years ago and it has improved our sales. Out of stock sales are not a issue any more which was our biggest challenge.
Brightpearl is a great system and capable of processing purchase orders to accounting and shipping / dispatching orders.
I recommend brightpearl to anyone who is planning to expand their business.

Pros

Easy, Simple, All in one software

Cons

not that I can think of

• Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

Brightpearl Review

I've now been using Brightpearl (BP) for just under a year and I have found the system slick and modern. The ease in which you can import and export data from excel is amazing and saves so much time.
Entering sales orders is quick and easy as we are able to run Shiptheory through BP and link to our carriers. We are also able to link our website to BP allowing sales orders to be placed on line and go straight onto the system.
What I particularly like about BP it is never standing still and new ideas are always emerging, the new multi currency feature will be really useful for our company.
The support system is good and the personnel are helpful, efficient and reliable.
We have just renewed our package for next year. Great system.

Pros

Importing and exporting via excel

Sital
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 04/02/2017

Best Accounting Software!

Brightpearl is the only software in the market which does cater for all aspects of accounting. It also does VAT and Stock reconciliations which lot of other software does not. You can also track all your stock from one place. I would highly recommend to use this software. We have been using brightpearl for last 4 years.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Cost of software is high.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 15/11/2014

Warning! Implementation very expensive, Lots of Bugs, Brightpearls server continues to crash,...

Here is Brightpearls Status report in the last few consecutive days only.

These are the ongoing problems they have and it really effects your business.

Brightpearl.com Website Unavailable
This incident has been resolved.
Nov 14, 09:30-09:40 EST
Affected performance EU
This incident has been resolved.
Nov 14, 05:13-06:53 EST
Delays in order downloads via the API to external integrations
This incident is now closed. All external integrations are functioning normally again. If you have any further issues, please contact Support. We are very sorry for the disruption caused today and will post a full post-mortem here in due course.
Nov 11, 12:21-23:11 EST
Log-in Unavailable US East
We can confirm that this incident is now fully resolved. A full post-mortem will be posted to this page as soon as it's available. Subscribe to the page or this incident for updates.
Nov 11, 12:42-20:38 EST
Degraded performance on EST server
Everything now seems back to normal. We're sorry for the disruption.
Nov 10, 16:50-18:35 EST
[Scheduled] Scheduled Maintenance (US Accounts) : Nov 5, 2014
The scheduled maintenance has been completed.
Nov 5, 04:00-06:00 EST
Issues with importing and exporting within Brightpearl
We believe this issue has now been resolved for the errors seen importing and exporting data from Brightpearl. We do apologise for this issue occurring and the disruption to your business. If you have any further issues please contact [email protected]
Nov 4, 07:39 - Nov 5, 04:37 EST
[Scheduled] Scheduled Maintenance (EU Accounts) : Nov 4/5, 2014
The scheduled maintenance has been completed.
Nov 4, 19:00-21:00 EST
Log-in Unavailable US East
All EST accounts are now functioning normally. We're sorry for the brief interruption.
Nov 4, 16:26-16:44 EST
Affected performance EU
We apologise for any disruption caused to your business by this.

Pros

Will edit the review when I have something positive to say.

Cons

Brightpearl has lots of Bugs and the server always has performance issues.

I know there are positive reviews but I am simply stating the facts

Just read the apologies in the last few days.

Please be careful.

Greg

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

We use brightpearl inventory management software

We have used brightpearl inventory management software for a few years, and find it very useful to manage our sales and dispatch. The reporting is very useful. Great customer support too.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

make a mobile app version

Gavin Kenning Engineering Ltd

Reviewed on 19/12/2016

Much needed efficiency boost for our mutli channel retail business

We're a multi-channel retailer in the truest sense of the word. We sell over the phone, via our own Magento online store, eBay, Amazon and at our trade counter in Derbyshire.
Prior to Brightpearl we were entirely paper based; we didn't even have a computerized accounts package yet our company was accelerating fast into the digital age.
After a period of adjustment, we're now beginning to realize the benefits that Brightpearl is bringing to our business. Order processing, stock control across multiple warehouses, invoice generation, credits, refunds and accounting is now all handled far more easily than before. Our integration with Shiptheory also enables us to automate the generation of the majority of our courier shipping labels with relative ease.
Being cloud-based also means we're less tied to our physical warehouse location than we were previously. This has allowed us to open regional offices and staff now have the opportunity to travel and work abroad should they wish.
Although we've already been Brightpearl customers for several years we're still discovering ways it can further improve our efficiency as a company and we look forward to the new features they plan to unveil over the coming 12 months.
Thanks team Brightpearl!

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 09/11/2015

Brightpearl User Review

Pros

Brightpearl are clearly very interested in developing their offering and consulting with their customers in order to make sure that the changes they are making are relevant to what their customers want.

Cons

There are lots of functions that I don't quite know how to use, however time spent exploring the package will make this easier to handle and get the most out of the software.