Reckon One Reviews

About Reckon One

Easy online accounting software for small businesses. From tracking invoices to paying employees, staying in control of cash flow is easy - from just $12/month. A clever pricing system our competitors can't match! You choose...

Browse Reckon One Reviews

Reviewed on 02/09/2023

Accurate and reliable

It was a great app or system since I use it for Billing of invoice, sending statement of accounts to our clients, receiving payments and reports. It is very useful for those with small businesses. All the tasks for accounting is in Reckon One.

Pros

Reckon One is the system I use wayback when I was in New Zealand, it is my first time using the system and I can say that I can easily cope up with the functionality.

Cons

I am not sure If I am the only one experience the glitch of the system if you click too fast, but I believe they already update the system so hopefully no more glitch.

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

Simple, flexible software

Good. Very happy.

Pros

The software is simple flexible and forgiving. I am a 30 year plus chartered accountant veteran. Reckon was one of the first to provide point, click and it would take you to the transaction or produce a report, it was intuitive, even for someone without too many IT skills or a small amount of accounting knowledge. These guys are the small It company providing service at levels above the mega IT accounting firms. Its personable, something unique in our changing world.

Cons

Its a "Con" and or also a "Pro" depending on your position ..... the system has not had a major overhaul in a long time ..... it looks a little dated.

Patrick
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 19/02/2023

Email failure

Good for all help except emails they could never get my emails working properly

Pros

Very easy to use except for the emails never worked

Cons

I have been having trouble with sending emailing invoices. Work ones but never could make it work. Call help but know one could fix problem. Tried three different emails and all tree failed to send emails and reckons always said it was the email provider and contacted all of them and told me it wasn’t so not very happy about that. If someone can help me it’ll be great

Top Reckon One Alternatives

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

MYOB Advanced Business

Violet
  • Industry: Dairy

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Good choice

Been using this for a very long time. Not interested in changing

Pros

That you are able to pre enter bills that need to be met

Cons

There is none that I have issues with reckon one

• Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Good software for point-of-sale businesses; less use for consulting

I liked Reckon One and would have stayed with it if I could have had a few more features relevant for consulting type businesses.

Pros

Easy to get the hang of even for someone with zero accounting background, like myself. Decent simple, intuitive features (mostly). Great dashboard.

Cons

The feature set is aimed at point-of-sale and online retail type businesses. As a consultant with a micro-business, my accounting needs are not great, but they are more complex than Reckon One could handle. I was going to need to purchase one of the top tier versions of Reckon just to do the few simple extras that I required.

MYOB Business, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Reckon One

MYOB is expensive and I didn't need the name-brand experience or the ability to automate my accounting with the accountant

Reasons for Switching to Reckon One

Better price, better features, more intuitive, Australian based
Ange

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Reckon

Is a great software

Pros

It was quite easy to use and the reports are great. So easy to see who you have paid and who has paid you.Gst returns so easy. Payroll was good to

Cons

Sometimes hard to payday file. Paying employees had to do manually

Rakesh

Reviewed on 01/06/2022

Hassel free software

Single touch payroll

Pros

Service. Any problem they help and fix

Cons

We use STP only and have no problem in the usage

Don
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 16/04/2023

Reckon One

Pros

The customer service was kind courteous, and willing to help when asked. The business development arm is however unreachable and has been since the first day of the trial. If you need someone from business development, dont hold your breath. Still waiting for them to contact us regarding other matters. I just find it odd that so attentive a customer service would be coupled with a business development team that cant be bothered with furnishing a response to an inquiry.

Cons

Business development team is difficult to contact. Multiple calls to customer service, reckon trunkline, etc, have yielded still no response from them. This may not necessarily affect you and is no indication of how great the platform is. I just find it frustrating that communication at that level is not up to par with the rest of the platform and service.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Reckon One

Price and perceived level of service.
Roy
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Management Access correction

Generally we have very few issues and occasionally we "lose" our access. Support and technicians are very good for offshore service providers.

Pros

After learning the program it does what we need

Cons

Some quirkiness with management of reports but generally it is good to work with for our purposes.

Wayne

Reviewed on 03/07/2023

New Financial Year

Pros

The ease of setting up catergories such as assets, liabilties etc

Cons

Some reports are not that easy to find For example when looking for and company an amount - those sort of searches

ease of use
Sharon
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 04/03/2023

Not for profit club

Found it easy to learn, and adapt to our needs.

Pros

Import bank statement and code to chart of accounts, as we go.

Cons

Our financial year runs from Jan to Dec, and that's not an automatic drop down selection option. We have to put in the exact dates.

Roland
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 03/07/2022

Reckon works to keep you working.

I have never used any of the other programs but there was one that a previous company was using and I could hear the ladies using it and cursing when they came across the things that program couldn't do. When starting this company, my accountant asked if there was any reason I had not to use Reckon. There was not and he loaded me up onto Reckon as he said it is the most forgiving and easiest of all the systems to use. I have had other companies suggest that I should use this or that program. Interestingly, I see they have now moved away from those programs so they were not all they were made out to be.

Pros

I have used Reckon now for 18 years and am just changing over to the new Hosted cloud based system to allow easy access for my external accountant and book-keeper

Cons

Slight lag by being on the cloud. I don't like the way that when I log on, it comes to a page that I need to select 1 or 2 before I get started.

Steven

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Book keeping for beginners

Over the years the system has been very helpful doing my book keeping and the ease of sending information to my accountant.

Pros

The program reminded me of my bank statements which I found easier to use. The financial reports were detailed and easy to create.

Cons

I found it difficult to transfer data from my bank accounts into QuickBooks . This meant It was more time consuming to transfer data.

Ease of use

Reviewed on 25/04/2023

ease of payroll set up and processing

Pros

payroll is very easy to set up and to preocess

Cons

i don't have any issues with using the program

• Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Reckon One

no issues

Pros

The ease of use and the backup support available.I use this software to run my business and keep our stock inventory up to date.

Cons

If it automatically did my GST it would be great.The invoice and other templates could be easier to use

Attila

Reviewed on 29/07/2022

renewal of software

Pros

Product easy to use with interface for most tradies with minimal accounting experience

Cons

Help section could be easier to find and explained, also emailing invoices and quotes made easier

Mandeep

Reviewed on 17/06/2022

Amazing software

Very good experience of this software

Pros

This software is very friendly and easy to use

Cons

Only some time it feels that the page is slow

keith
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Reckon - has all the answers for a small business

i am very happy with the product and have taken advantages of the new developments as they appeared.

Pros

the ease of use in recording and drawing out the detail in reports

Cons

i have not found any problems in it yet. Everything i have wanted to achieve with reckon i have been able to do.

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Reckon One for Wages

It is used for wages and Super for compliance with the ATO.

Pros

It’s easy to follow once setup. If you can’t understand any changes to your process the contact and follow up to assist you is immediate.

Cons

Nothing at all. The product was fit for purpose.

Charles

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Always at hand when I need help!

Never too simple a problem to ask for help nor too hard that Reckon cannot solve. Tech support is also well trained and its great that they would check with their team if they werent too sure.

Pros

Easy to navigate and can handle multiple entities.

Cons

No weekend tech support though understandable in these days and age. Costs for provding weekend support may be prohibitive.

Rita
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 25/02/2023

Good for what I need

The best part of using Reckon One is that the Customer Support people are very helpful. The explanatory videos are also very good, but are sometimes a bit difficult to understand

Pros

All I require is basic payroll functionality & STP. Reckon One is capable of much more than I need or want to use.

Cons

Considering that I am using so little of the functionality I was unimpressed that the cost rose by 20% in the first 6 months of use

Trevor
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

happy user

good

Pros

good to work with, easy to manage has what I need for my recording

Cons

bill payment section I find this can be a problem where the payment goes.

• Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

My Reckon review

Pros

Accounts receivable and payable are easier to manage

Cons

Reckon not having automatic annual renewal

Don

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Great value Financial product for small business

I switched from on MYOB to Reckon One. I was a customer of MYOB for over 20 years. Each year they continued to increase the yearly premium. Last year it was over 900.00. For a small business with a few employees, this was just outrageous. After reviewing Reckon one, I found it would do all MYOB was doing for me at 11.00 a month. They even would convert my MYOB file for nothing.
That was it. Decided to change over to Reckon One and have not looked back.
Been running it for a few months. Took a little to get used to but I've Done all the invoicing, has statements, accounting I need. Simply fantastic. Can even give my accountant a special login to do the yearly books.
I'd recommend anyone looking to change over to give it a try.

WILL SAVE YOU A PACKET

Pros

Functionality and price

Cons

Have a little bit of trouble doing bas and super payments

Abigail
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 15/08/2022

Clean, easy to use platform

I love the budgeting tool!

Pros

I like the clean interface of Reckon, and the ease of use. It did not take long to learn the program.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about the product.