About Reckon One

Reckon One is an affordable online accounting software for small businesses. It includes features such as invoicing, payroll and cash flow management, which helps users manage finances easily. With an intuitive interface and a...

Browse Reckon One Reviews

Erica N.

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Great Accounting Solution for small businesses

Pros

I would say affordability then ease of use. Since my business is still growing I had to switch to this product from another one and I haven't regretted. Invoicing has never been easier.

Cons

I am yet to see anything I don't like about this product

Don J.

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Great value Financial product for small business

I switched from on MYOB to Reckon One. I was a customer of MYOB for over 20 years. Each year they continued to increase the yearly premium. Last year it was over 900.00. For a small business with a few employees, this was just outrageous. After reviewing Reckon one, I found it would do all MYOB was doing for me at 11.00 a month. They even would convert my MYOB file for nothing.
That was it. Decided to change over to Reckon One and have not looked back.
Been running it for a few months. Took a little to get used to but I've Done all the invoicing, has statements, accounting I need. Simply fantastic. Can even give my accountant a special login to do the yearly books.
I'd recommend anyone looking to change over to give it a try.

WILL SAVE YOU A PACKET

Pros

Functionality and price

Cons

Have a little bit of trouble doing bas and super payments

• Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Good software for point-of-sale businesses; less use for consulting

I liked Reckon One and would have stayed with it if I could have had a few more features relevant for consulting type businesses.

Pros

Easy to get the hang of even for someone with zero accounting background, like myself. Decent simple, intuitive features (mostly). Great dashboard.

Cons

The feature set is aimed at point-of-sale and online retail type businesses. As a consultant with a micro-business, my accounting needs are not great, but they are more complex than Reckon One could handle. I was going to need to purchase one of the top tier versions of Reckon just to do the few simple extras that I required.

MYOB Essentials, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Reckon One

MYOB is expensive and I didn't need the name-brand experience or the ability to automate my accounting with the accountant

MYOB Essentials

Reasons for Switching to Reckon One

Better price, better features, more intuitive, Australian based

Top Reckon One Alternatives

Sharon L.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 03/12/2016

Super Easy to Use

I am the treasurer for a not-for-profit sports club, so cheap was really important to us, along with only some very basic features. So far I have found Reckon One to be really easy to use and the customer service super, whenever I've become stuck.

Pros

easy to use
very cost effective

Cons

was told with the bank rec I could pick up payments and apply them - so I ditched that section as I'm not going to reconcile payments to invoices twice.

• Industry: Internet
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Was recommended to me, but...

I played around with the software and it is relatively easy to use.
I was hoping to have an onboarding call, as the system truly is feature-rich which makes it hard to really get started.
I wrote to support but did not get a reply.

Pros

Overall it looked very feature-rich. Truly, my accountant recommended it to me considering I needed something to manage my accounts.

Cons

I had a major deal-breaker is that ING bank did not have direct integration.
I use ING for all my business expenses because I work online, as they have zero international transaction fees.
So I am not about to move away.
But since there is no direct integration it makes it difficult to connect and make real use of the software.

Pauline K.

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Great product and service

I have used many programs over the years like MYOB, Xero, Sassu, cashflow manager and quickbooks etc but I find Reckon One easy to use, monthly fee is very affordable, flexible to what your business requires, their training is very infromative, great trainers and not over the top in price and their service is extremely good. They are constantly upgrading and introducing more add on programs, I wouldn't recommend any other program for my clients only Reckon One.

Pros

User friendly and affordable

Cons

nothing at this stage

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

They did try

I really wanted Reckon one to shake up the market but all they did was shake up the user. I have been really disappointed with the performance (or lack of) with Reckon One. Their servers were slow making it painfully slow to try to use this software. I couldn't find repeating invoicing, or several other basics. They were full of hope and promises but just failed to deliver.

Pros

It did look cheap until you add up the cost of each module, then you realise, it's not cheap at all.

Cons

It's very late to market and decades behind the competition. It takes a lot of time and money to compete with the big boys and sadly this isn't something thatReckon One has.

It has very little basic functionality and sadly, very little prospect of developing even the basics, any time soon. It's not nice to use, it's clunky and awkward and just frustrates me.

Cameron G.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Shake down

terrible

Pros

Sucked in by what appeared to be initial low cost.

Cons

once established we didn't want to proceed it was difficult to cancel without paying additional charges

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Reckon One

cost

Xero
Xanthe J.

Reviewed on 06/06/2021

Finance Management for Small Business

Pros

Easy to set up, very quick compared to the desktop version of Reckon.

Cons

Wouldn’t recommend the payroll application.

• Industry: Defense & Space
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

accounting

once setup is great for BAS statement preparation every quarter

Pros

a very feature-rich piece of software which when setup provides a robust accounting experience for the small business

Cons

can be more expensive than others and has a steep learning curve for the novice or time-poor businessperson

Kim C.

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Reckon One, a reliable and cost effective software

Reckon One has been great for me, if I forget to invoice someone, doesn't matter where I am as long as I have internet, I can access my Book.

Pros

I like the how much you can get out of it for the price, compared to others in the market. It is easy to correct errors and has all the reports you need for small business, and has unlimited users. I also love that Reckon One is Australian Owned.

Cons

Some of the functions are aren't quite there, needs an on screen calculator for one.

Wayne V.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 19/07/2017

Straight forward basic bookkeeping at a bargain price!

Cost effective simple straight forward accounting software for Australian Businesses. Excellent for startups.

Pros

Bargain price for a freelance business. Easily integrate with your bank accounts for easy bank reconciliation. Great Dashboard for quick critical information.

Cons

Not many integrations, lack of detailed user guide for setting up extra modules within the software.

Nick V.