About Reckon One

Reckon One is affordable online accounting software for small businesses. It includes features such as invoicing, payroll and cash flow management, which helps users manage finances easily. With an intuitive interface and a...

Browse Reckon One Reviews

• Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

Easy use for a small outfit.

When you have torn out all your hair and finally phone the help desk......you will find a helpful knowledgeable person on the phone..

Pros

There is a learning curve.... BUT... once you have done that learning... there are heaps of daily benefits. We make about 60 products and we sell to a relatively small market 0.1 % of population. The software allows us to quickly add clients and do their specific invoicing.The "Lists" mean that our most common items "lurk in the background" and just 2 or 3 keystrokes fill in the invoice line.We sell overseas as well.. Export.. and we run 2 versions of our products.. The Export ones just have an "X" in the part description... IE local "Rainbow"... Export "XRainbow"The system sees these as 2 different products and stores them differently including their GST pre-set !!!The invoices are emailed out and the invoice contains our banking Direct Credit informationClients can be active or inactive... we tend to keep the one-offs inactive HOWEVERThere is a very good search function where you can select amongst "active", "All", "Outstanding bal"and it will find "part of an address", "Just a first name", "name of their dog", heheFast and Easy...

Cons

We use Reckon Online....Generally ok BUT.... it logs you out while you are with a client... especially near the end of the day.In some cases it is difficult to get back online.... but that is part of the learning curve..The search function is fabulous BUT you have to click the mouse... argh.. yes you cam press <enter> but nothing happens till you click the mouse.

• Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Good software for point-of-sale businesses; less use for consulting

I liked Reckon One and would have stayed with it if I could have had a few more features relevant for consulting type businesses.

Pros

Easy to get the hang of even for someone with zero accounting background, like myself. Decent simple, intuitive features (mostly). Great dashboard.

Cons

The feature set is aimed at point-of-sale and online retail type businesses. As a consultant with a micro-business, my accounting needs are not great, but they are more complex than Reckon One could handle. I was going to need to purchase one of the top tier versions of Reckon just to do the few simple extras that I required.

MYOB Business, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Reckon One

MYOB is expensive and I didn't need the name-brand experience or the ability to automate my accounting with the accountant

Reasons for Switching to Reckon One

Better price, better features, more intuitive, Australian based
Peter

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

My review of Reckon One

My experience with Reckon One has been extremely good.

Pros

I found it very easy to use particularly with having bank downloads and the ease of assigning correct income or expenses to each transaction.

Cons

I don't think there was anything about Reckon One that I found very difficult to use.

Reasons for Choosing Reckon One

MYOB PayGlobal

Roland
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 03/07/2022

Reckon works to keep you working.

I have never used any of the other programs but there was one that a previous company was using and I could hear the ladies using it and cursing when they came across the things that program couldn't do. When starting this company, my accountant asked if there was any reason I had not to use Reckon. There was not and he loaded me up onto Reckon as he said it is the most forgiving and easiest of all the systems to use. I have had other companies suggest that I should use this or that program. Interestingly, I see they have now moved away from those programs so they were not all they were made out to be.

Pros

I have used Reckon now for 18 years and am just changing over to the new Hosted cloud based system to allow easy access for my external accountant and book-keeper

Cons

Slight lag by being on the cloud. I don't like the way that when I log on, it comes to a page that I need to select 1 or 2 before I get started.

Ange

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Reckon

Is a great software

Pros

It was quite easy to use and the reports are great. So easy to see who you have paid and who has paid you.Gst returns so easy. Payroll was good to

Cons

Sometimes hard to payday file. Paying employees had to do manually

Henry

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Excellent Packaged Software for SMB Accounting

Over support (online and with a technician) has been execellent. The Data migration process to move from prior accounting package is execellent

Pros

With Module based options depending on your business needs and the overall simplicity of using the software make this an excellent SMB package

Cons

Currently doesnt include a inventory system for managing stock

Rakesh

Reviewed on 01/06/2022

Hassel free software

Single touch payroll

Pros

Service. Any problem they help and fix

Cons

We use STP only and have no problem in the usage

Louise

Reviewed on 19/06/2022

Excellent support network

Generally very good, I particularly like the tracking and reporting ability. Being able to compare my sales figures annually with previous years. It helps me track seasonal trends.

Pros

I have used Reckon (formerly Quickbooks) for almost 19 years. I find it easy to work with, and the customer support, or technical support is excellent.

Cons

Only that each upgrade makes it a nuisance to have to relearn things - but that is just because I prefer to work with - if it is not broken dont fix it.

Rob
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

director

ok

Pros

invoicing and accounting is what i use it for

Cons

the price and that i cannot go to a smaller version

Steven

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Book keeping for beginners

Over the years the system has been very helpful doing my book keeping and the ease of sending information to my accountant.

Pros

The program reminded me of my bank statements which I found easier to use. The financial reports were detailed and easy to create.

Cons

I found it difficult to transfer data from my bank accounts into QuickBooks . This meant It was more time consuming to transfer data.

Reasons for Switching to Reckon One

Ease of use
Erica

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Great Accounting Solution for small businesses

Pros

I would say affordability then ease of use. Since my business is still growing I had to switch to this product from another one and I haven't regretted. Invoicing has never been easier.

Cons

I am yet to see anything I don't like about this product

Macit
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

Successful

Pros

Simple interface and effective accounting software with all necessary hardware. You can save your data regularly and then print it out. It has many alternatives in this field, but what prompted me to use it was its easy-to-use and simple interface.

Cons

I didn't have a bad experience but more language support would be helpful.

Marisa
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 22/06/2022

Reckon Accounts Premier

Excellent experience as randomly have issues and if there is a technical issue the support is fantastic.

Pros

EASE AND PRACTICALITY OF USE. It is very user friendly and accurate reports can be generated.

Cons

There are no negatives as it is a fantastic accounting software.

Sheryl
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Excellent product

The guys are always totally helpful and make the experience pleasant every time

Pros

The technicians are pleasant and on call always and are very helpful and knowledgeable on the product

Cons

I can not think of one thing i don't like about the software

Attila

Reviewed on 29/07/2022

renewal of software

Pros

Product easy to use with interface for most tradies with minimal accounting experience

Cons

Help section could be easier to find and explained, also emailing invoices and quotes made easier

Mandeep

Reviewed on 17/06/2022

Amazing software

Very good experience of this software

Pros

This software is very friendly and easy to use

Cons

Only some time it feels that the page is slow

Kim
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

Great product

Pros

Easy to use. Assists in easy invoicing & accounts.

Cons

Setting up from scratch is difficult if not an expert at accounting.

Judith

Reviewed on 18/08/2022

Satisfaction of Product

Pros

Billing and Invoicing is very easy to use.

Cons

Don't think I have any does everything I need

keith
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Reckon - has all the answers for a small business

i am very happy with the product and have taken advantages of the new developments as they appeared.

Pros

the ease of use in recording and drawing out the detail in reports

Cons

i have not found any problems in it yet. Everything i have wanted to achieve with reckon i have been able to do.

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Reckon One for Wages

It is used for wages and Super for compliance with the ATO.

Pros

It’s easy to follow once setup. If you can’t understand any changes to your process the contact and follow up to assist you is immediate.

Cons

Nothing at all. The product was fit for purpose.

Charles

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Always at hand when I need help!

Never too simple a problem to ask for help nor too hard that Reckon cannot solve. Tech support is also well trained and its great that they would check with their team if they werent too sure.

Pros

Easy to navigate and can handle multiple entities.

Cons

No weekend tech support though understandable in these days and age. Costs for provding weekend support may be prohibitive.

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

They did try

I really wanted Reckon one to shake up the market but all they did was shake up the user. I have been really disappointed with the performance (or lack of) with Reckon One. Their servers were slow making it painfully slow to try to use this software. I couldn't find repeating invoicing, or several other basics. They were full of hope and promises but just failed to deliver.

Pros

It did look cheap until you add up the cost of each module, then you realise, it's not cheap at all.

Cons

It's very late to market and decades behind the competition. It takes a lot of time and money to compete with the big boys and sadly this isn't something thatReckon One has.

It has very little basic functionality and sadly, very little prospect of developing even the basics, any time soon. It's not nice to use, it's clunky and awkward and just frustrates me.

Arfaan
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Good for smaller businesses

It was good but towards the end support dwindled and the software wasn't ideal for our employee numbers

Pros

Consistent and simple UI made it easy to use

Cons

Easy to outgrow very quickly if your business is expanding at a rapid rate and is extremely isolated in terms of integration

Kim

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Reckon One, a reliable and cost effective software

Reckon One has been great for me, if I forget to invoice someone, doesn't matter where I am as long as I have internet, I can access my Book.

Pros

I like the how much you can get out of it for the price, compared to others in the market. It is easy to correct errors and has all the reports you need for small business, and has unlimited users. I also love that Reckon One is Australian Owned.

Cons

Some of the functions are aren't quite there, needs an on screen calculator for one.

Art
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Reckon Accounts Plus

Overall experience was very satisfactory

Pros

Easy to use once all functions are learned

Cons

Help section is often confusing and difficult to find the best solution