About vcita

vcita is a cloud-based, all-in-one business management solution designed especially for service-based micro and small businesses. Entrepreneurs and small business owners from different industries use vcita to manage their time,...

4.2
4.2

Browse vcita Reviews

Stephanie

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

My Business Runs on vCita

Scheduling interviews with businesses in different time zones used to be a nightmare before I found vCita. Now, I am confident I'll never miss a call thanks to vCita sending notifications to both parties in our respective time zones.

Pros

The vCita Team is very responsive and open to new feature requests. All it took was a suggestion of making directions to a client's location accessible through the app and they made it a one-click solution! Because the app works across different devices, I can run my business from anywhere.

Cons

I'm ready to delve into their email campaign feature and see it integrates with Constant Contact. Having more auto-responder integrations would be great.

Tariq
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

vcita review for Knights Chamber

Good enough where I am still using your service. Experienced some issues over the years but most have been resolved rather quickly, I think I had maybe a 2-3 day outage once in 2020 but I do understand things happen.

Pros

I really like how the appointment setting process work and also how clean it looks on my site. This is pretty much the main use for your platform. Most customers seem to be able to figure out using the appointment setting feature so decent UI, not everyone can use it but honestly after speaking with them I dont know if those people could even send an email if they had too.

Cons

I am paying about 2.5 times what was when I first started using your service. When speaking with customer service they said it was because all these other things were added. Many of the items added since I started working with your company I do not use or have any plan too. A plan suited to my use would be more ideal. In regards to operation this something I contacted support for in the last couple of months, but when syncing to my calendar it loads 3 very long urls which make it hard view info as easily on a mobile device which is mostly where everyone here views the appointment. Ideally some sort of URL shortener should be added to clean up the calendar notes. Here is a sample from my cal and what your service put in.The mobile add is very slow to load and navigate.

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Good with some need improvements

Being able to communicate with client with ease. I like it and thinks it works well.

Pros

The ease of the software. The way you communicate with clients.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to create a web form with hyperlink to use on my website that integrates information to clients on portal. Compares to a Microsoft form. More control of the setup of the dashboard. Text messaging should be included and unlimited. Able to setup reoccurring payments from clients through system.

Response from vcita

Thank you for your feedback David! Glad to hear your client communication is working well. We are working on recurring payments and on a more advanced form builder, so we hope to meet your additional needs soon.

Replied 08/01/2023

Top vcita Alternatives

Taryn
  • Industry: Publishing

Best Thing For Small Businesses

Overall, this has been a dream come true. Even if my assistant quit today, Vicita could do 95% of her work if I just set everything up properly. Clients like it, and it keeps me from having to dig through inbox emails for communications. Everything is in one easy place.

Pros

It made me not need an assistant for the first few years in business. It also makes training my new assistant simple. It is a magnificent platform that allows me to schedule appts, manage clients, send out mass email, accept payments, AND communicate with clients. I can take notes on each client call, I can share and receive documents. Everything I need is in here.

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was a more robust accounting system. If there was a direct way to integrate Wave and Vcita I would be so grateful. I also dislike how difficult it is to download several files ar once when a client sends you several images or pages.

Honey

Reasons for Switching to vcita

It was referred by my business mentor.
Christa
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

I Love Vcita for Small Business!

Excellent!

Pros

This by far is the best user-friendly platform I have seen and implemented. I have used several types of CRMs over the years, but this works by far the best for me and what I am doing. I refuse to change!

Cons

Like everything there is always room to grow or for improvement, but Vcita has so many apps and integrations it made it so simple to create and implement almost immediately, hardly much of learning curve at all! Vcita now has their own CC processing if you don't have one set up already with paypal, stripe or square. the only drawback is they don't batch right away and can take few days to see in account, but if that's no big deal, then Vcita is the way to go!

Rocket Matter and Clio
Randy

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Expensive

I like it very well

Pros

It is easy to use and easily accommodates employees. Easy to set up and understand.Complete package

Cons

Honestly the mobile app gives me a lot of trouble. Have to restart phone to get it to load.The cost. When I started it was very cost effective. Now its almost to the point where I will need to look for something else... Started at $29 now I'm at $150 or something like that.

Desiree

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Impressed

I love it, I would like to do some further customization and I fee it is missing a few things but as we all grow including Vcita I am over all impressed & I have used many of these programs before in my 25yrs.

Pros

I love the ease of this software, the set up was also streamlined

Cons

The Invoicing, I have been on this for almost 2 years and am still not using this feature , partially my fault for not getting the training yet.

Act!, Salesforce Sales Cloud and Corrigo

Cost & simplicity , Cloud based

Response from vcita

Thank you for your kind words Desiree! If you'd like the team to help you get your invoices up and running with vcita - please feel free to reach out to the team.

Replied 11/01/2023
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Great software for small business owner/solopreneur

Pros

It enables me to easily communicate with prospective clients, book them on my calendar, and send reminders for appointments. It's great for invoices, allowing online payments and tracking of income.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to navigate to find the client or invoice I'm looking for. But honestly, there's not much to dislike.

Wave Accounting
Kelli

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Great product for my small business

I've been using it for over 2 years and I really like the product.

Pros

My clients have a secure place to connect with me and share documents. They can request appointments based on days and times that work for them. I can manage my workflow more effeciently.

Cons

I wish the software had the ability to link 2 or more individuals to one business, so that they all receive the emails and requests.

Debbie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

One Thing I Wish Could Change...

Pros

Record of communication with clients in one place, automated messaging, ability to send out messages to phone and email.

Cons

When I reschedule, I can't change to a different type of appointment, only different day and time.

Response from vcita

Thanks for your feedback Debbie! Your note regarding rescheduling has been shared with the prodcut team

Replied 11/01/2023
Brian

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Great Software with Awesome Support

Overall, Vcita has done a wonderful job with their support team when in helping me maximize their features.

Pros

Calendar integration with my website, Revenue tracker, Invoicing, Easy of online payment integration.

Cons

There could be more features in the calendar section of the software

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to vcita

Although Housecall pro has features that vcita does not (Time tracking), for our particular industry (cleaning solutions) we found it best to have an independent software for time tracking that is as customizable as we need it to be, and a separate client management software to handle everything else like Vcita.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

vcita has kept us going

Fantastic. We implemented vcita in a very short time and became immediately proficient in using it. It was that easy. The Zoom integration was the clincher for us- it is, by far, the best video platform on the market!

Pros

Zoom integration! Appointment management is simple and intuitive. We are able to invoice clients simply without a worrisome billing system. Incredible communication tools built into the system. Notifications/Reminders.

Cons

I wish we had a way to allow the client to set the amount he/she would like to or is able to pay.
Sometimes it is difficult to do the reckoning between reports in vcita and stripe.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

A Really Great Tool

My experience has been great. I almost feel like the vcita people are my friends even though they're in Seattle and I'm in NJ.

Pros

I love the people like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who understand that I am archaic and need help implementing technology. I also love that I can follow the day's activities by just flipping on my computer. Vita allows me to do virtually everything I need to do with the exception of cleaning the office.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints with the system.

Vagaro and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to vcita

I felt that the vcita staff listened to me and did not try to shove a cookie cutter program down my throat.
Phoebe

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Vcita awesomeness

Really good, they are brilliant at helping you to set up and get going, as well as allowing you to personalise your site. Vcita works really well with my website, which gives me peace of mind. I have been complimented on it several times, as well as referring a few friends of mine to vcita.

Pros

Its easy to use once you know how. I love the fact that new clients and appointments go straight to the app on my phone. I use the computer version to make any edits. Its a great way of personalising a payment website to your phone. I wish my app would keep me logged in all the time, sometimes I have to wait for an email before I realise I have a notification on the app.

Cons

-Its quite expensive, and once you have upgraded our plan, you can't go back to a simpler plan.
- If you want to add a staff member onto it its extremely expensive. I currently use it just for myself, but if I wanted to add someone , I would probably have to use a different company.
-Its also very American! which I find sometimes very difficult to deal with, acronyms and wording is sometimes confusing.
-I wish my app would keep me logged in all the time, sometimes I have to wait for an email before I realise I have a notification on the app.
-Additionally some features are over complicated for what they do, sometimes simplicity is key!! Its very easy to overcomplicate things, therefore if Vcita was a bit more minimalist it would rank even higher that I already perceive it.

Michelle

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

This application is grossly overpriced

Overall, I'm pretty luke warm regarding this application. It forces prospective users into a 12 month contract (which wasn't ideal during a pandemic). Honestly, it felt a little slimy and self serving.
Many of the features are not needed for every type of business, while the more basic features requires users to select the platinum plan which is nearly $1000 a year. Had I not been charged for a full year which is non refundable, I would have cancelled already.

Pros

What I most like is the seamless integration with Zoom. The calendar features are pretty intuitive as well.

Cons

This software is grossly overpriced and forces you into a higher tier to get basic features and a wealth of features you dont want or need.

A trial was offered which immediately rolled into an automatic, year long contract--which I found out AFTER my credit card was charged.

You cannot delete appointments made in error nor can you 'actually' delete contacts.

Nadir
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

My admin and I have several hours of additional productive time!

I save at least 1 hour every week, and my admin saves 2-3 hours every week . This means that our team gets a lot more done in a week than was possible with vCita.

Pros

+ Ease of use - this tool is very easy to use for me, and my clients love it for the easy of use.
+ HUGE Time Savings - I have spent no time scheduling meetings this year, and my admin has spent less than 30 minutes.
+ Mobile interface - including a simple app, and SMS reminders
+ Overall cost
+ Customization
+ Record-keeping - I can easily search the meeting history for any of my students

Cons

- Cost of SMS packages - I stopped sending reminders because it was not a great cost-benefit ratio.
- Lack of group-scheduling feature.

Brenda
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

I am not tech savvy but I can use this software and the customer service is excellent.

A complete online scheduling, email, CRM, event booking, stat tracking system. It's perfect for me.

Pros

It's easy to learn and use for both myself and my clients. I can customize the communications and the reminders are great. I also like that I can book events through the software so I don't have to use Eventbrite or any other outside program. I get paid in two days rather than wait for Eventbrite to hold my money until the event is over. I love that I can choose whether or not I require payment for my different services. There's also an email component built in so I can communicate with my clients directly. It's very complete for what I want and need.

Cons

I can't make admin changes from the phone app. I have to go into the desk/laptop version. It's not a big deal but sometimes I want to make changes to my settings when I think about them and have to wait until I can get to the full version .

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

The Lead Funnel Starts with Vcita

Contacts. Leads. Connections. Conversations. What more can a consultant ask for? I run a small business, and Vcita is my call center, appointment manager and more.

Pros

This tool has been my number one go-to resource for lead generation. In my business, contact is king. Giving clients and potential clients an easy way to access my calendar, and set up a time to talk, is a central part of my business model. It links in easily with my website, you can see it in action at westfallonline[dot]com

Cons

I wish that there was a link from email on iPhone to the actual software (app). An email link pops open the browser, and asks me to login. For some reason, my browser doesn't remember that Vcita and I have been dating for quite some time, and it asks me to login. Which causes me to open the app. Not sure if this is an iPhone issue, or an operator error, but I don't like the extra steps to confirm an appointment.

Kimse LaMeel

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Love it and I love that it keeps getting better

Pros

I like having all my clients in one place. I love that new features are being added all the time. I love that I can integrate it with my website

Cons

I would like more payment processing options
I would like to schedule my campaigns
I would like to add videos and more than one image to my email campaigns
I would like a better followup system so I can note what the followup is about how many times I have called and moniter my contact so they can be removed if not intreseted

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Great Online Booking for Websites

Online booking, scheduling and some payment processing

Pros

Easy Integration with my website (customizable colors and stuff) Easy to link portal to anything that I need with url

Cons

A little tough to navigate at 1st. I dislike having to click so many times to get invoice marked as payed. I wish it was more streamlined

Alex
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

WAS CHARGED TO TRY THE SOFTWARE

Cons

In order to test the product's capabilities that were needed for my business, I had to sign up for a monthly membership and upgrade my membership 3 separate times.
Once I saw how mediocre the software is, I ruled it out, emailed customer service to cancel my trial, and continued shopping for a better software.
A few days later, I again reached out to customer service about canceling my trail, and again for a 3rd time. Finally, I reached out for the 4th time and got ahold of someone who told me that the membership and upgrade fees weren't refundable.
Also, when I started adding clients, during my trial, all of my clients received some bizarre message from VCita to join their client porthole. It is such an aggressive feature to automatically turn on. I wish I had never even messed with VCita.

Response from Carl

Hi Alex,

We're sorry that your experience using vCita wasn't positive. You're perfectly right in saying that we could have responded to you sooner and we apologize that we couldn't reach out to you just when you needed us most.

However, some claims that you make here are inaccurate. We have two subscription plans - yearly and monthly - and we clearly state on our pricing page and checkout process that our monthly plan doesn't come with a free trial period. However, following the call we've had with you on Thursday, we had fully refunded your account. We tried to get in touch with you several times but unfortunately, you weren't available to take our calls. We did leave you a VM, updating you on the refund.

Finally, the message you refer to as "bizarre and aggressive" is a welcoming message that invites your clients to your clients portal, where they can book appointments, pay online, share documents, ask a question or view past interactions and transactions that they've had with your business. Sending this welcome message to clients is completely optional - you may choose not send it out.

Again, we're sorry that vCita and our team didn't leave up to your expectations. We try our very best to deliver great service and experience to our users and I personally regret every failed communication with a client. Inevitably, not every communication is successful. We will, however, use your feedback to
learn and improve our services to ensure that we are continually aligned with our clients' needs.

Wishing you all the best,
Carl Scheit
US Customer Success Team Manager
vCita

Replied 14/12/2017
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Hands down, the best CRM service available!

Ease of use, intuitive, and consistently faultless over time. Customers always comment on how good the system is from their perspective.

Pros

The software is easy to use, intuitive and performs consistently over time. I searched a long time for a CRM system that I could use for my small coaching and consulting practice.

Cons

Sometimes, it would be helpful to have tutorials to assist in infrequently used procedures or attributes of the program.

Maud

Reviewed on 06/11/2022

A little review from vcita user

Pros

Easy to use and install. Intuitive marketing automations.

Cons

Not being able to reach customer service and getting support when I need it turns me off from this platform.

Karlis

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Great solution for small bussiness

Overall, we've had a terrific time with vCita. They provide a number of features that are in accordance with market conditions, and they back up their releases with webinars and training calls.

Pros

Appointments are put up in a very straightforward manner.  Ability to personalize the schedule page to make it look more professional and to differentiate the services available. The concept of a customer portal appeals to me. Clients can use the portal to make payments, book appointments, and send documents.

Cons

The billing/invoicing mechanism isn't as robust as some other systems. I'd like the program to send out monthly retainer billing in particular.

Loresha
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Great app

Pros

Easily connects to stripe for payments. It has a great CRM With a lot of features and easily accessible for customers to make payments

Cons

Mobile campaign does not work properly. I really like the idea of being able to create campaigns from my cell phone but I am unable to navigate because the texting freezes when trying to type