Lucidchart Reviews

About Lucidchart

Lucidchart is a cloud-based solution that helps small to large enterprises manage projects, data visualization, and diagramming processes. The centralized platform enables users to create visual diagrams of business processes and...

Browse Lucidchart Reviews

2,081 of 2,081 reviews
Maciej
Maciej
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

One of the best mind-mapping tools on the market

Lucidchart is easy to use out of the box, has tons of features making it useful in basically every use case I can imagine.
No cheap customer lock-in. You can easily export your projects and switch to another tool.

Pros

Abundance of features, which makes this software so versatile. You can basically use it for every task and project.
I mainly use it for mind-mapping and brainstorming, but it's also equally useful for taking notes, story-boarding, gathering ideas, presenting, drawing graphs, schemes and organisational charts, Gantt timelines, or even team building (it works great as an online whiteboard).
What I really love is ease of use and multitude of features. Every time I wish I could do something, it turns out it's possible. Seems like developers really thought about everything and listen closely to their users and use cases.
Also, you don't really feel that the software is locking you in--you can export your projects to similar software/platforms, e.g. Visio.

Cons

Getting to know some features takes time and energy, documentation and tool tips have some space for improvement.
Also, licencing model could be more friendly for small companies or people who use it as backup/auxiliary software only (en entry level paid subscription model).

MindMeister and Microsoft Whiteboard

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Abundance of additional features, ease of use, short learning curve, user-friendly UI.

MindMeister
Christian
Christian

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

Excellent app for flowcharts and collaborative teams

Lucidchart is amazing for creating high-quality, visually appealing charts and diagrams. Although its primary function is in flowcharts, its versatility is immense. It's easy to use, and we appreciate how well it works with Confluence.

Pros

Lucidchart is my go-to software for making system diagrams, modeling data, and analyzing and bettering business processes. It works wonderfully for each of these purposes. Using Lucid is a breeze because of its drag-and-drop interface.

Cons

The functionality of Lucidchart are behind those of some installed alternatives because it is a web-based tool. I also find it frustrating that there appears to be no method to attach a connector to a form in such a way that the connector would automatically re-orient itself when I re-position the shape, as is often the case when trying to optimize a procedure.

Ram

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

Lucidchart

Pros

Lucidchart is easy to use as a browser-based application. It is a lot of integrations for example it can be inserted directly into the Confluence page.

Cons

Lucidchart icons are sometimes difficult to navigate. They can be organized more sleaky for ease of finding the right button to click. Also, Lucidchart can have more symbols and diagrams for certain categories.

Top Lucidchart Alternatives

Yasith
Yasith

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Looks fairly basic compared to tools like Miro

Lucidchart worked fine when we first started our company but as we scaled and found that Miro does a much better job.

Pros

As a basic diagramming and mind-mapping tool it works without an issue. You have all the shapes needed. It is simple enough for anyone to use

Cons

What I found bad about Lucidchart is the UI and collaboration with others compared to Miro. The UI looks outdated and takes the fun out of drawing. Collaborating with others is not seamless like Miro where you can collaborate in real-time, chat or take audio calls.

draw.io

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

Sharing on draw.io is a nightmare and signing into it is also hard.
Aaditya
Aaditya

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Lucid chart My Experience

My personal experience was neutral as it fulfilled my use even with the existence of a paywall.

Pros

The primary thing I loved about lucid chart was the drag and drop as well as the variety of diagram options essential for creating various diagrams during the planning stages before developing a software.

Cons

The primary con is that if you want to store numerous files it is blocked by a paywall which hampers the experience of certain users.

Marianela
Marianela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

Lucidchart, a platform to create ideas, document processes and increase agility in the...

Lucidchart is a spectacular tool, which has grown through its own concept, aimed at streamlining the process of creating ideas. In general, diagramming in different areas or specialties is very well received by engineers, designers, administrative staff, and managers, and its application is very wide, so it becomes a great technical support to make our processes flow more quickly.

Pros

Its interactive and agile design is one of its greatest advantages since it does not require at all to spend time learning to diagram, work collaboratively or use the tool's functionalities. It has a high degree of usability and allows us to make almost any diagram, among them we can mention: UML diagram, iPhone/android mockups, workflow diagram, flowchart, org chart, data flow, kanban diagrams, and much more.Its integrations provide us with functionality to work collaboratively in environments such as MS TEAMS and its adoption in the organization is fast and intuitive.

Cons

Lucidchart is great at what it does. We may try to ask for more of its scope and in many cases, it will not disappoint us, however if we are looking for a sophisticated design application that has powerful functionality related to specialized rich text fonts, color palette registration, a grouping of objects to create custom libraries in a project, to name a few examples, we are going to need to evaluate some other option, but if what we want is to work in agile and collaborative environments, Lucidchart is undoubtedly one of the best options today.

Rajiv

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Lucidchart review for visualization and product management

The overall experience with Lucid chart is tremendous as it makes the user in control of how they want to navigate, utilize the features and collaborate.

Pros

The various options and controls the application provides are the main likeable features of lucidchart. The collaboration that allows multiple users to see and edit simultaneously is a great feature.

Cons

Navigating through different libraries can be challenging for some users

draw.io

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

The features including the support for Library, collaboration as well as ease of use motivated me to use Lucidchart

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

LucidChart

It did a great job in feeling my needs and requirements for creating a network diagram.

Pros

It's way more affordable than Microsoft's offering

Cons

You can't export the files easily, or at least without paying.

Ben
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Great product for diagrams

Pros

You can easily create color diagrams and flow charts.

Cons

There's not really any negative features we've discovered.

Sean

Reviewed on 04/06/2024

LucidChart Usage

Overall experience is positive. It has been a great bridge between my engineers and BD team.

Pros

LucidChart looks very good. When the flows are built, they're great for collaboration and process understanding.

Cons

I'm constantly booted out and have to relogin. Could be a user error, but several of us on my team are interrupted by navigating away and then trying to come back to it. SSO seems to be an issue for us.

Balaji
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

A nice platform to use for your wireframe, mockup tasks

This is on of the good tool to use for all your wireframe, mockup works. I still use this for my simple tasks for workflow, process and wireframe works. Some of the features are not available since it requires a paid subscription. The platform is getting revised with lot of new and useful features and I hope it's going to be a best one. May be one day this can be an alternative for Photoshop ;-)

Pros

It's a cloud based software and quick to access. We can access it via our gmail id as SOS login. When it comes to feature, there are some great options which I like most. Like the layer option is a pretty good feature and it reminds me the Photoshop software. Though it's not a sophisticated feature but a nice one to have for this kind of software. The other thing is Lucidaspark, its looks more classic and spacious. The drag and drop option, multiple export file options are the few best features to name.

Cons

I can't arrange the layer as a whole. It always allow me to arrange the elements within the layer and not the layers itself. For ex., I have 3 layers where one of the layer is a background image which I want to push behind the 2 other layers which is not possible if I create the background layer last. This is something frustrating for me to fix.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Just a great tool professionally and personally

Helped 4x my income. I was able to communicate more, by saying less. This allowed C-suite leaders to quickly “see” what I was “saying” without having to utter more words than were necessary. My value to clients and companies exponentially grew by adding this tool

Pros

How quickly I could get other teammates to start using it and start integrating in into their work. I even got my family to start using it for planning vacations and holiday travel and logistics.

Cons

I love video games and some of my favorite RPGs start of in a “learning island” or “tutorial mountain,” Lucid had a “throw you into the pool” kind of onboarding and I would have liked a little more guided entry. It’s not a flaw and 90% of the time, I would prefer the “pool” approach. That said, there were lots of tools and tutorials that I reluctantly went back to once I realized I needed more training 🙄

Marie

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Visio made it to the cloud and being collaborative

The tool provides seamless cooperation on process drawings/diagrams and makes it very easy to build it together. I like the possibility to indicate the status of the drawing, despite it being cloud one. I like the "Visio-like" experience as I'm the old guard. The overall experience is not bad as such, but it is hard to navigate sometimes with all those templates popping up on a landing page. UI is very clean when it comes to the drawing/designing part. Also usage of those templates is not always straightforward, especially those with underlying data. However, I would not recommend it for any wireframes and such, there are better tools for that.

Pros

I love, the cooperation portion of it. That I do not have to send out ppts or something, but rather collaborate on stuff in the tool and get the best result because of that. It saves so much time.

Cons

The welcome page is very crowded, There are all these templates popping up. I'm storing all direct links to my drawings, because I find it very hard to find them otherwise. Also I do not like, that I can get to the list of my drawings from a different page, then the drawing one.

Muhammad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

Diagramming is easy on Lucidchart

Lucidchart is web-based, intuitive, intelligent, reliable software for making diagrams, flowcharts, organization charts, gantt charts, mind maps; also allows to linking data to shapes. Lucidchart works on any environment whether windows, mac, or linux even it may be used online. It allow collaboration, import data or diagram, export diagram; it has rich library of shapes.

Pros

Lucidchart is web-based therefore work can be done or accessed from anywhere, it is easy to use. Importing and exporting data and diagram is simple. It has vast library of shapes and templates, it allows to modify template according to your requirements. Arrows can be easily used, it provides option to jump arrows, layers may be used for better diagramming.

Cons

While working in a browser, you can only create charts; web application cannot work offline. Some templates are not easy to use but tricky and need time to understand. It provides insufficient icons and not allow to search icons externally, icon cannot be resized as well. You cannot arrange the layer as a whole.

Kishore
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 24/11/2016

My Review after using Lucidchart.

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations.
The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

Pros

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES:
- Flowcharts
- UML
- ERD
- Wireframing / iOS Mockups
- Network Diagrams
- Org Charts
- Mind Maps
- BPMN

POWERFUL & EASY TO USE:
- Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality
- Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx)
- Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost
- Dedicated support team to address your questions

BUILT FOR COLLABORATION:
- Real time collaboration
- Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators
- Powerful version control and revision history
- Group chat and comments
- Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites

SECURE & RELIABLE:
- All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption
- Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers
- 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers
- Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements

ROBUST FOR ADMINS:
- Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users
- Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation
- Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

Cons

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Adam

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Using the Suite Almost Every Day

Love it and love how easy it is to use and get people connected to procedures where they had no idea how their inputs or outputs affect the overall motion of activity.

Pros

It is so simple to get in and start creating documents. You don't need much experience at all and can find a wealth of information out there on getting started. Its ability to export in PDF is great for those folks who don't have access. The other nice part about the export is that you can embed links into the document which those users can then click on to go to internal sites, knowledge articles, or program/project locations

Cons

Sometimes presenting complex flows can be a challenge where you have multiple parties acting on a process. In other words, as you progress left to right, or up and down, you lose site of who the actor is titled in this swimlane. If the 'cells locked' or if a floating key could follow you as you present that would get everyone on board much faster.

Ben
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 23/04/2023

Lucidchart for the Win!

Pros

Absolutely love the dynamic nature of documenting and optimizing workflows in a cohesive, simple to use, customer centric tool.

Cons

Some of the advanced features require additional licenses.

Miro

Miro , Mural and Visio
Lee
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

Lucidchart is a great option to create just about any diagram you need for game design!

In my game development business, I need a variety of different charts and diagrams. I have never had a need to find another way to make a chart that I couldn’t make with Lucidchart. I can even use it to lay out massive maps for level development. I personally have never run out of available map space and I can make some pretty big levels. It is a great system for doing this because it even can handle building layouts and interiors as it has little furniture graphics that you can drag and drop to build out the level with visual content. For game design and development it is a must have tool in your arsenal.

Pros

Pros

First, let me say that it is the first diagram and flow chart system I have ever used but that is only because I have never needed another. Lucidchart has a huge selection of pre-made templates for different projects from flowcharts to floorplans and everything in between. It’s drag and drop interface allow for easy custom charts or modification of the premade templates. With the reasonable price plans available (including a FREE Plan) there is an option for you to get your own online storage which is great to keep all your charts and diagrams available online to access in a pinch, but if you need a chart or diagram download there are many different download options available including one of my personal favorites the .png format. It’s worth mentioning that if you’re a student there is a free upgraded account you can get.

Cons

Cons

If you don’t upgrade to a paid account you will not get much space to save documents but this isn’t an issue if you just download them all, but again you won’t have access to them at that point. Additionally, the site is slow loading the first time you log in but it’s not too bad.

Maria
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 31/03/2023

It enables us to create stunning diagrams & Org charts with clear details and relationships

Lucidchart has made creating diagrams of all kinds, especially workflow diagrams and organizational charts, very simple. It's great that with Lucidchart we can collaborate as a team to prepare charts, which ensures that we include all the details we need.

Pros

I like that Lucidchart provides a lot of collaborative features, allowing team members to participate in making workflow charts, org charts, and much more that we need, and the easy-to-customize ready-made templates help us get the job done smoothly. I particularly like how Lucidchart handles organization charts because we can specify the number of sub-levels, add all of the organization's employees, and link them to the line officials within the departments by the proper functional relationships. We can also add their photos, write their names and job titles, and add links to easily access the member's job history. It's also great that we can make more than one sub-organizational chart and connect them directly to the main one. This lets us clearly explain a lot of details.

Cons

Everything in Lucidchart is structured and easy to use. I thought at the beginning that coordinating the sizes of the different components and linking them to one other on the board hard affair, but with practice, it turned out that it is pretty simple.

Emmanuella
Emmanuella
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 05/03/2023

Lucidchart Review

I have found Lucidchart to be a great tool to use, as it is very user-friendly and intuitive. It provides a wide range of features and options which make it easy and fast to design professional-looking diagrams. The support team has also been incredibly helpful and quick to respond to any queries I have had.

Pros

I appreciate that Lucidchart has an intuitive user interface, along with a vast selection of features that make creating diagrams simple and fast. Its collaborative capabilities are incredibly beneficial for group projects, and the wide array of templates and shapes make producing visually stunning diagrams incredibly effortless.

Cons

I don't have any particular dislikes; everything is understandable and straightforward. You can quickly remove something without compromising the system you have put in place.

Benson
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Level up project diagramming and management with Lucidchart.

Lucidchart has given us a great experience in visualization of our project work. It helps us bring together everyone from all the departments when brainstorming our projects and this helps us to have accurate visualization of our projects which makes it easy to control, track and manage our projects.

Pros

Lucidchart has grown to be a vocal product in our organization mainly because it allows us to join our efforts together and collaborate when brainstorming and creating diagrams and flowcharts to visualize our projects. It's scalability made it possible for us to customize it and set it up in accordance to our specifications and requirements. It allows us to use AI to generate flowcharts automatically and this reduces our manual dependency on such repetitive tasks.

Cons

The interface is not very smooth and it needs one to have some basic skills when manually drawing the flowcharts.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 18/09/2022

Great Product for planning, brain mapping and workflows

I chose this one due to price and what it did as a self employed consultant. It is perfect for this as it has a good number of features for a monthly price that is affordable.

Pros

I particularly like the web urls that you can embed in other pages that update easily

Cons

This is a mid level product at an entry level price so it's not as sophisticated as other products but the price makes up for that.

Miro

Price point and function

Strategic Roadmaps

Cost point
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

Great functionality - just wish you could share a single link for non-Lucid users to access.

We’ve had a subscription for ~3 years. We’re happy with the functionality. Given that we do a lot of work with external collaborators, the process of asking a collaborator to create an account, log-in, etc. just to view a Lucidchart with us is tiresome. Lucid’s other (very similar) software, Lucidspark has this feature. Please bring it over.

Pros

User interface and functionality are amazing for a web app. It honestly feels like you are using OmniChart, OmniGraffle, or other traditional computer app. It’s hard to believe Lucid is operating wholly in a web browser.

Cons

The inability to create a shared link for a non-Lucid user to access is really bothersome. This functionality is present in Lucidspark - the “brainstorming” companion to Lucidchart. But not in the latter. I’ve recommended adding this feature to Lucidchart. It feels like a no-brainer.Also, it’s not inexpensive. Would love to see the cost lowered so that I could afford to purchase licenses for some of my external collaborators.

Kent
Kent

Reviewed on 23/11/2016

Teaching Computer Science With This Tool

As a teacher, I've been using LucidChart for more than three years in my Advanced Placement (AP) computer science classes. Students really enjoy being able to document problem solving algorithms using the flow chart tools as well as mind mapping with concept diagrams. I have come to rely on UML class diagrams for my instructional units on object and class design; additionally, I use it for making graphic organizers, process diagrams, and general handouts. Ease of use, judicious mix of features, collaborative editing tools and publishing options put it right at the top of my list of preferred tools. I recommend it to colleagues all.the.time.

Pros

The available graphic elements for UML, mind mapping, flowchart, and general visual organization are simply perfect for an educational environment.

Cons

The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Lucidchart, an incredible tool for diagramming.

In my work I constantly have to carry out installation and restructuring projects for networks, equipment among others, and Lucidchar allows me to make models or diagrams to organize and plan such processes, identify requirements, describe the tasks necessary for the execution of projects, in general, is an excellent tool for the realization of diagrams which facilitate the understanding of multiple problems.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it offers numerous templates and varieties of diagrams so it is a versatile tool that allows multiple functions to be performed from one place. Additionally, it works on the web so it is not necessary to install any program on the computer, and you can access it from any device with an internet connection, as well as, share the documents and in general, the work done with others users. It is also easy to use and during the creation of each diagram offers guides to use the program. Another notable aspect of this software is the possibility of integration with other commonly used applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, which greatly facilitates the work of users.

Cons

So far my experience with the program has been good but I think there are aspects that can be improved, such as sharing files that are working with other users and that can work simultaneously in them to allow collaborative work. Another aspect is the connection to the internet, although it is an advantage to be able to access the program from any device with internet, at the same time it is a disadvantage because if the connection fails or I am in a place where there is no internet, I can not have access to software.