Ricochet Reviews

About Ricochet

Drawing from our firsthand experience in the consignment industry, Ricochet has been meticulously designed to empower store owners for the future. Our comprehensive software solution not only prepares businesses for what’s ahead...

4.7
4.9

Browse Ricochet Reviews

Alexandria
Alexandria

Best software you'll use

Fantastic and I recommend them to everyone. Great guys, they know the business. Their software has made my life so much easier

Pros

The customer support, interface, and ease of use. You really can't go wrong. These guys takes feedback and make changes based on users suggestions.

Cons

The only thing I currently dislike is that when I want to change the status of multiple items I have to do it one by one.

Response from Ricochet

Hey Alexandria, thanks for the 5-star review! We are so glad we can make your life and business easier to manage.

Bulk editing product status and a few other elements is actually super high on our development list! We are expecting to work on that immediately after publishing the iOS app this winter. Stay tuned!

Capri

Everyone Loves Ricochet!

I absolutely love this software and my vendors do too. Three years in and I will still receive emails from vendors saying how much they love Ricochet and the convenience it offers them. It has everything we need in one place - point of sale, inventory, and a way for everyone to track what has sold and needs replenished.

Pros

We love the accessibility of this software. We use it at our shop, at home, when we take our products out on the road, and everyone that sells with us can use it from their homes too. This software is the most important part of running my small business!

Cons

When they recently redid the interface we lost a couple (menial) features that I used often like sorting the consignors from oldest to newest or from payout large to small within the software. We can totally function without these things, but have missed it a little since the update.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

We chose Ricochet because vendors would be able to access their accounts from home which saves my staff and I a lot of time counting things and sending emails/making phone calls. We have also been really happy with the credit card processor they hooked us up with (Gravity) the fees so far have been less than using Square.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5-stars, Capri! We LOVE LOVE LOVE when our customers use the software to it's fullest! Glad to hear you use the tools in so many different situations, and that your consignors love it too.

Thanks for your feedback as well. Definitely noted!

Darla

Reviewed on 11/01/2020

Ricochet user

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility of customer support on weekdays, the price is fair, lots of features.

Cons

Unless this isn't a software issue (and instead is a lack of knowledge on the user's part) I don't care for how small the print is on the stickers we print to put on our inventory.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Darla. We're sorry that the print is too small for your labels. As we build more label templates, there may be a way we can give you the option to increase the font size.

Replied 15/01/2020

Top Ricochet Alternatives

Bart

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Rico Cosign Review

Overall a good experience. Customer service is prompt and helpful 9 times out of 10. It is only occasional that a problem cannot be fixed but just tolerated.

Pros

Ability to Organize Consignment Items.
Multiple updates
Sleek design

Cons

Some of the data analytics are lacking
-Sales by product are only for store inventory. (i would like to be able to search consignment items as well)

Clickable links are missing in some menus but available in others. (i.e clicking sale # to generate a receipt)

There are a few other small hiccups like this that seem hard for the developers to change so they end up waiting for other users to make a request.

In an update old items that had been sold as expired now show up on batched consignor payouts. While this is honest it is slightly off-putting to a consignor to see this. I think it would be better to just leave 0% items off of a payout. (I can manually take these off a payout but it is time-consuming)

Sometimes features I enjoyed in an old version were dropped in an update

I would like to see sales by hour of past days.

Sometimes glitchy (could be our computer)

ConsignPro

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

We knew Ricochet was a newer company so we were aware of the fact that we would be able to ask for changes and potentially benefit from them. Customer service was also a big consideration.
Dawn
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Very Functional Ricochet Consignment Software

We have a complex non-profit consignment art business in which inventory turns over completely each month or every two months. We are also staffed frequently by volunteers. This software has provided a much needed view into exactly where our business income comes from and it enables us to make better and quicker business decisions.

Pros

This functional software is easy to learn and easy to use with a quite complete Help section. There is a lot of capability built into the software which allows for many categories ans stores. The consignment versus store inventory is a nice bonus.

Cons

Being able to send sales reports to Quickbooks is non-existent. Being able to sort on Consignment inventory versus Store Inventory is also lacking. It would also be very helpful to be able to run a report on the top-selling consigners weekly and monthly, as well as the top customers daily and weekly.

Response from Ricochet

Building a comprehensive online support center was one of our largest endeavors last year. We're so, so glad it's working well for you. Thanks, Dawn!

Abraham

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

One of the easiest consignment software!

We have no problems at all, everybody we talk to is super nice and answer our questions asap. Thank you guys for always being really helpful and quick about it.

Pros

The software is easy to handle and probably the easiest also.

Cons

There's a few small things like not being able to put 1 item description with multiple sizes from different consignors. Wish we could do the same thing like Shopify has with Instagram where you can tap on the item on your feed and it'll take you straight to our website.

Response from Ricochet

Hey Abraham, thanks for the review! 5-stars!

We are actually working on a pretty hefty web-integration that will empower you to list and sell directly from Instagram. It should be coming soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

Kevin
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

Great Consignment software.

Pros

It meets our needs. I like most of the features and I think it could be used for a wide array of shops

Cons

Nothing is perfect, I think there are little tweeks I would recommend on a weekly basis. That said most of the works arounds are sufficient. Currently, with it being the end of the year I wish I could delve deeper into analytics with the software.
Another would be the POS interface with CC processor, figure that shit out already!

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review and feedback, Kevin!

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Set up and Innovative

I was allowed multiple trials befor I made a decision to launch my business in Ricochet and that is worth a million headaches gone.

Pros

I love that the developer is a consignment shop owner himself. This way he understands my goals, struggles and wants to genuinely help me set up a system to succeed.

Cons

I don’t need like the waiting period for the IOS APP as this forces me to use a desktop rather than. My IPad... yet I am willing to wait .

ConsignPro, ConsignCloud and Liberty Consignment

Reasons for Choosing Ricochet

I needed to save time and money in hours of wages paid and struggled with this for four years.

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

The help was personal and quick and relative to my needed solutions in my small business.

Response from Ricochet

We are so, so close to iOS release, Jennifer! Your patience will pay off soon. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Replied 30/12/2019
Brianna

LOVE Ricochet Consignment Software

Pros

I’ve personally recommended this software to many fellow small business owners! I should note that I did a TON of research on available software out there. First, the customer service is excellent. This company truly wants to ensure its users have the best experience possible. In an age of “robot support”, quickly accessing a real (and very kind) representative is just amazing! My favorite part of this software is how customizable it is to fit your personal needs. As a home decor consignment shop, I find myself making many different categories and descriptors to place my items into. The interface is clean and so easy to use. I can quickly enter into a consignor’s account, make edits, and search inventory. Another key factor is being able to organize by price, date, stock status, and others. Plus, my consignors absolutely love being able to easily log in to see their account, watch as items sell, and always know how much money is currently owe do to them. Consignor payouts and P.O.S. operate so logically- you willing love it! Multiple reports (over any length of time you choose) make it so easy to Keep record s and are a god-send for state, federal, and sales tax. I cannot imagine running my business without this product! Try it for free and I bet you won’t want to give it up. Ricochet is the best!

Cons

Honestly, my only complaint has been not being able to print tags from an iPad, which is something it looks like the company is planning on implementing this year!

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Brianna! This is such an incredible review! So glad you've been on board with us for so long.

Our development team is literally working on mobile label printing this morning! We'll be publishing more news about that soon.

Emily

Excellent Consignment Software

Ricochet was a great choice for me as I started my new consignment store. I had never owned a business and had very little retail experience. I needed to focus my efforts on learning the business, and not on learning software. Ricochet is easy to use to track consignors, track inventory, and process sales. I really appreciate the customer support and the dedication to making updates. I'd love to see an app version someday so I can check on inventory and make updates remotely without having to use the web site.

Pros

I was impressed by the customer service right from the beginning. The training was thorough, and when I had follow-up questions, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was available immediately to answer my questions. They also have good training videos on youtube. I think the thing I like best is that the consignors can access their accounts from home. The convenience and transparency gives my business more legitimacy. The software always works flawlessly, it's intuitive, and they continually put out updates to make it even better.

Cons

Reports could be better. It can be cumbersome to find the info I need. Some info you can't get within the software, but can find if you export the right data. For a small operation like mine, it's fine. If you have a large business or multiple locations, the reporting might be frustrating.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Emily! Especially about Ricochet establishing more legitimacy to your business. That's wonderful to hear!

Jordie

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Great software and great value

Our vendors love this software, it is easy for them to use. We switched from another company and do not regret the switch. Very good support dtsgg.

Pros

Consignor access, webstore, good reporting options

Cons

No debit option for type of payment in checkout
No way of adding booth rental deductions

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Jordie!

Check out the "bulk credit adjustment" and individual consignor adjustment in consignor accounts. Sounds like that will solve your need for charging rent to vendors.

We're super glad to have West Coast Resale on board with us!

Robbie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

What a great program

I mentioned our overall experience above, but I would like to add that this program has helped us streamline our process' overall. IT has been helpful on many levels. I would recommend it to everyone and if anyone wants to contact me, I'll sing Ricochet's qualities.

Pros

Our organization looked long and hard for the right program for our busy Arts Gallery. The Ricochet program has all the functions we need plus it is a very intuitive program to learn. We have several seniors that work here and everyone found the program easy to adapt to.
The customer service at Ricochet is the best I've ever experienced. Not only are the staff knowledgeable, but they are also warm and friendly and personal. It's a great program and a great company. I am delighted that we switched to Ricochet.

Cons

I honestly have had no problems at all. The program fits all our needs.

Response from Ricochet

Whoo! Thanks, Robbie! We're so glad Ricochet is working out so perfectly for your gallery!

Pamela

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

I would highly recommend ricochet software.

I already answered this in the first question. The customer service that ricochet provides is 100% over the top as well!

Pros

As the owner of an antique, upcycled furniture and home decor business with over 30 vendors, this software is a lifesaver! Every vendor knows exactly what they have sold 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as they can see online what their current sales are. Each item is barcoded so there is no second guessing of prices. Takes the stress out of end of the month paychecks.

Cons

The vendors complain about not being able to easily input their inventory via their smart phones. The ricochet screen on a computer or tablet is not reflective of that on a phone.

Response from Ricochet

Great news, Pamela! We just finished our design mockups for vendor item entry via iPhone. It's going to be one of our largest features yet! Stay tuned.

Reena

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Couldn't live without it!

Ricochet makes consigning products quick and easy and our consignors love having the ability to go online to check their own inventory and account balances.

Pros

Ricochet Consignment Software is incredibly user-friendly; everything is easy to find and navigate and the customer service if I ever have any questions or issues is always pleasant and quick.

Cons

There are a few functions that would be nice to have added (i.e., the ability to duplicate a product and then just change the description for similar items and the ability to automatically send account balances out to consignors via email) but there is really nothing negative that I can say about the software.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Reena! We actually have "duplicate products" on our shortlist of projects this spring. So hopefully we will be getting that out soon!

Sommer

Mabel’s Market for Ricochet

Pros

Ricochet was instrumental in helping us get our business off the ground. The personal attention and comprehensive software helped us reach out to vendors and assist customers with confidence. Ricochet is invaluable for accounting purposes and we’ve also used it to track past sales and make future plans.

Cons

The frequent upgrades to the system have sometimes been tricky for our consignors to use.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Sommer! You've been around with us for a while, so your store has definitely seen a lot of changes. Fortunately, most of our updates for the near future are focused on fine-tuning the software and not doing major overhauls.

Scott

Absolutely the Best!

We could not be happier. The staff loves it and the ability to view their sales remotely. Simply, the best!

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to customize the way we need to use it. The software updates are amazing and appropriate for our use.

Cons

The only "con" would be the inability to customize sales and inventory reports based on timeframes.

Response from Ricochet

Awesome! We're stoked Ricochet is working so well for you, Scott! We'll keep you in the loop as reporting features get more developed.

Lily

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

My Ricochet Review

Good

Pros

I like the ease of use and the simplicity. The customer support is also good.

Cons

We use this software for consignment clothing and the new product card isn't as user friendly as i'd like.

You can't tab to the price window and it's easy to delete the consignor in which case you have re-instate their name/account.
Also the notes window sometimes take 2 tries before it will save.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Lily! We'll explore some of these bugs and struggles you're having with inventory and consignors. Hopefully, getting things sorted quickly!

Amie

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Over 2 years and still loving it!

We have had a wonderful experience with Ricochet. The staff and management are wonderful to work with, extremely helpful and readily available! We love Ricochet.

Pros

I love the accessibility of the software, all of the breakdowns of our daily sales and the ease of use. Everything is so well tracked it makes taking a quick look at how my days, months and years are going smooth and effective.

Cons

I really dont have any qualms about the soft wear at this point.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Amie! We're so glad you've enjoyed Ricochet for so long!

Replied 30/12/2019
Tanya
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Reviea

Pros

Very easy to use. Exporting existing inventory and vendors was easy.

Cons

A bit pricey for someone in Canada with the exchange

Rose for Square

Reasons for Choosing Ricochet

Easier to control and manage inventory

Shopify

Ease of use

consignment

It is very easy to use if you want a basic software program to use

Pros

This software is very easy to use for consignment items which is why we chose it. Reporting for consignor is really good

Cons

Wish there was more reports available regarding inventory

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, John! Reports are definitely a point of feedback we are working carefully on this year. Stay tuned as we keep making updates.

Keith

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Great software and support

Pros

The software is very easy to use and learn and offers almost enough features to be a full ERP system. My favorite feature is the vendor login. The customer support from the Ricochet team is top notch! They are frequently releasing new features with software updates, too.

Cons

This software is superb for managing inventory and vendors. I would like to see the ability to set quantity-based discounts for items and some more marketing features - such as coupons or special pricing - that can be integrated with the e-store sales and in-store sales.

kim

Ricochet software...love love love

excellent

Pros

easy of use...AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...
ease of customer service...and how quickly they can help

Cons

renewal fees each year...but dont think that counts as "least like"

Response from Ricochet

Your review... love love love! Thanks for the 5-stars, Kim.

We'll pass on the praise to the customer support team.

michelle

Best Consignment Software

Our experience is fantastic and I love that they make themselves available to us any time.

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service.

Cons

not being able to do intake and price in a list and remove items to donate or picked-up.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the glowing review, Michelle!

Good news! Bulk status updates are VERY HIGH on our development timeline right now and expected to be added in early 2020. We'll keep you updated!

rebecca

Awesome software system

The customer service is amazing

Pros

The price! It was a great value and a lot less money then other systems

Cons

Didn’t automatically take out cc fee for vendor accounts

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Rebecca! We're glad you see so much value in Ricochet!

sean

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Pros

It is very easy to use. Excited to start selling online through Ricochet.

Cons

Since the update, you aren't able to put in consigned inventory on the products screen. You have to go into the consignor's account and add inventory that solely belongs to that one consignor. It is inconvenient when we are putting in multiple inventory from multiple consignors.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5-star review and feedback, Sean!