About Ricochet

Ricochet Consignment Software is a cloud-based point of sale (POS) solution designed for consignment and second-hand retailers and helps them to manage their daily business operations, interactions with the customers and process...

4.8
4.7
4.9

Browse Ricochet Reviews

Alexandria

Best software you'll use

Fantastic and I recommend them to everyone. Great guys, they know the business. Their software has made my life so much easier

Pros

The customer support, interface, and ease of use. You really can't go wrong. These guys takes feedback and make changes based on users suggestions.

Cons

The only thing I currently dislike is that when I want to change the status of multiple items I have to do it one by one.

Response from Ricochet

Hey Alexandria, thanks for the 5-star review! We are so glad we can make your life and business easier to manage.

Bulk editing product status and a few other elements is actually super high on our development list! We are expecting to work on that immediately after publishing the iOS app this winter. Stay tuned!

Capri

Everyone Loves Ricochet!

I absolutely love this software and my vendors do too. Three years in and I will still receive emails from vendors saying how much they love Ricochet and the convenience it offers them. It has everything we need in one place - point of sale, inventory, and a way for everyone to track what has sold and needs replenished.

Pros

We love the accessibility of this software. We use it at our shop, at home, when we take our products out on the road, and everyone that sells with us can use it from their homes too. This software is the most important part of running my small business!

Cons

When they recently redid the interface we lost a couple (menial) features that I used often like sorting the consignors from oldest to newest or from payout large to small within the software. We can totally function without these things, but have missed it a little since the update.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

We chose Ricochet because vendors would be able to access their accounts from home which saves my staff and I a lot of time counting things and sending emails/making phone calls. We have also been really happy with the credit card processor they hooked us up with (Gravity) the fees so far have been less than using Square.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5-stars, Capri! We LOVE LOVE LOVE when our customers use the software to it's fullest! Glad to hear you use the tools in so many different situations, and that your consignors love it too.

Thanks for your feedback as well. Definitely noted!

Stephanie

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

Easy to Use and Outstanding Customer Support

The software is fairly intuitive, but it does seem to have a few glitches. However, rebooting usually solves the issue. A number of times the wrong SKU comes up when the tag is scanned. Not sure why, but refreshing usually works. We've noticed some inconsistencies in assigning items to consignors in the payout reports. It seems odd that when we need to correct pricing or items in the consignor reports Ricochet needs to make those corrections for us. Sometimes it is difficult to scroll through the pages on say the Inventory screen. It only goes so far and you have to begin again or just type in the page number. The credit card reader is a bit finicky. The swipe has to be just right to read the card on the first try. We've had a couple of instances where the receipt printer was spewing paper and we weren't able to clear it, but that was most likely operator error and Ricochet fixed it pretty quickly.
On the plus side, Ricochet has always been available either by phone or chat to answer questions when issues arise. They must work around the clock, since we're East coast and they are West coast! The look and feel of the on screen pages is clean, clear and professional. We only have a few months of experience with the system, but overall we feel confident it was a good choice for us.

Top Ricochet Alternatives

Bart

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Rico Cosign Review

Overall a good experience. Customer service is prompt and helpful 9 times out of 10. It is only occasional that a problem cannot be fixed but just tolerated.

Pros

Ability to Organize Consignment Items.
Multiple updates
Sleek design

Cons

Some of the data analytics are lacking
-Sales by product are only for store inventory. (i would like to be able to search consignment items as well)

Clickable links are missing in some menus but available in others. (i.e clicking sale # to generate a receipt)

There are a few other small hiccups like this that seem hard for the developers to change so they end up waiting for other users to make a request.

In an update old items that had been sold as expired now show up on batched consignor payouts. While this is honest it is slightly off-putting to a consignor to see this. I think it would be better to just leave 0% items off of a payout. (I can manually take these off a payout but it is time-consuming)

Sometimes features I enjoyed in an old version were dropped in an update

I would like to see sales by hour of past days.

Sometimes glitchy (could be our computer)

ConsignPro

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

We knew Ricochet was a newer company so we were aware of the fact that we would be able to ask for changes and potentially benefit from them. Customer service was also a big consideration.
Dawn
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Very Functional Ricochet Consignment Software

We have a complex non-profit consignment art business in which inventory turns over completely each month or every two months. We are also staffed frequently by volunteers. This software has provided a much needed view into exactly where our business income comes from and it enables us to make better and quicker business decisions.

Pros

This functional software is easy to learn and easy to use with a quite complete Help section. There is a lot of capability built into the software which allows for many categories ans stores. The consignment versus store inventory is a nice bonus.

Cons

Being able to send sales reports to Quickbooks is non-existent. Being able to sort on Consignment inventory versus Store Inventory is also lacking. It would also be very helpful to be able to run a report on the top-selling consigners weekly and monthly, as well as the top customers daily and weekly.

Response from Ricochet

Building a comprehensive online support center was one of our largest endeavors last year. We're so, so glad it's working well for you. Thanks, Dawn!

Abraham

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

One of the easiest consignment software!

We have no problems at all, everybody we talk to is super nice and answer our questions asap. Thank you guys for always being really helpful and quick about it.

Pros

The software is easy to handle and probably the easiest also.

Cons

There's a few small things like not being able to put 1 item description with multiple sizes from different consignors. Wish we could do the same thing like Shopify has with Instagram where you can tap on the item on your feed and it'll take you straight to our website.

Response from Ricochet

Hey Abraham, thanks for the review! 5-stars!

We are actually working on a pretty hefty web-integration that will empower you to list and sell directly from Instagram. It should be coming soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

Kevin
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

Great Consignment software.

Pros

It meets our needs. I like most of the features and I think it could be used for a wide array of shops

Cons

Nothing is perfect, I think there are little tweeks I would recommend on a weekly basis. That said most of the works arounds are sufficient. Currently, with it being the end of the year I wish I could delve deeper into analytics with the software.
Another would be the POS interface with CC processor, figure that shit out already!

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review and feedback, Kevin!

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Set up and Innovative

I was allowed multiple trials befor I made a decision to launch my business in Ricochet and that is worth a million headaches gone.

Pros

I love that the developer is a consignment shop owner himself. This way he understands my goals, struggles and wants to genuinely help me set up a system to succeed.

Cons

I don’t need like the waiting period for the IOS APP as this forces me to use a desktop rather than. My IPad... yet I am willing to wait .

ConsignPro, ConsignCloud and Liberty Consignment

Reasons for Choosing Ricochet

I needed to save time and money in hours of wages paid and struggled with this for four years.

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

The help was personal and quick and relative to my needed solutions in my small business.

Response from Ricochet

We are so, so close to iOS release, Jennifer! Your patience will pay off soon. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Brianna

LOVE Ricochet Consignment Software

Pros

I’ve personally recommended this software to many fellow small business owners! I should note that I did a TON of research on available software out there. First, the customer service is excellent. This company truly wants to ensure its users have the best experience possible. In an age of “robot support”, quickly accessing a real (and very kind) representative is just amazing! My favorite part of this software is how customizable it is to fit your personal needs. As a home decor consignment shop, I find myself making many different categories and descriptors to place my items into. The interface is clean and so easy to use. I can quickly enter into a consignor’s account, make edits, and search inventory. Another key factor is being able to organize by price, date, stock status, and others. Plus, my consignors absolutely love being able to easily log in to see their account, watch as items sell, and always know how much money is currently owe do to them. Consignor payouts and P.O.S. operate so logically- you willing love it! Multiple reports (over any length of time you choose) make it so easy to Keep record s and are a god-send for state, federal, and sales tax. I cannot imagine running my business without this product! Try it for free and I bet you won’t want to give it up. Ricochet is the best!

Cons

Honestly, my only complaint has been not being able to print tags from an iPad, which is something it looks like the company is planning on implementing this year!

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Brianna! This is such an incredible review! So glad you've been on board with us for so long.

Our development team is literally working on mobile label printing this morning! We'll be publishing more news about that soon.

Emily

Excellent Consignment Software

Ricochet was a great choice for me as I started my new consignment store. I had never owned a business and had very little retail experience. I needed to focus my efforts on learning the business, and not on learning software. Ricochet is easy to use to track consignors, track inventory, and process sales. I really appreciate the customer support and the dedication to making updates. I'd love to see an app version someday so I can check on inventory and make updates remotely without having to use the web site.

Pros

I was impressed by the customer service right from the beginning. The training was thorough, and when I had follow-up questions, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was available immediately to answer my questions. They also have good training videos on youtube. I think the thing I like best is that the consignors can access their accounts from home. The convenience and transparency gives my business more legitimacy. The software always works flawlessly, it's intuitive, and they continually put out updates to make it even better.

Cons

Reports could be better. It can be cumbersome to find the info I need. Some info you can't get within the software, but can find if you export the right data. For a small operation like mine, it's fine. If you have a large business or multiple locations, the reporting might be frustrating.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Emily! Especially about Ricochet establishing more legitimacy to your business. That's wonderful to hear!

Lisa

Consignment Software User

We have had a great experience with Ricochet!

Pros

We love the ease of Riochet POS, it is straightforward and simple. We find it easy to train employees as well! Communication is top notch with Ricochet, love having the chat option for instant assistance.

Cons

Lack of reporting. It'd be nice to break down inventory and have extensive reports on consignors and sales.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Lisa! We're glad it's so easy to train your staff on. That's a great thing to hear.

Regarding reporting, we have been meeting internally about how we want to expand the reporting section. It will be a pretty serious update. We'll keep you updated.

Amanda

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

This software is incredibly easy to use and has streamlined our checkout process. We love...

Pros

Ricochet is intuitive and easy to use. The reports make daily accounting easy and quick. We also added integrated processing and that has cut our checkout time in half. Our consignors love that they can see their sales online and we love that it is easy to pay them out and track payments. We use the rewards program to incentivize our in store events, and it makes marketing to our customers easy. The customer service is great. We have never had an issue arise that we did not receive immediate help with. The Ricochet team takes our feedback into consideration and is always improving the software to better meet our needs. We had a difficult time finding a POS that met our shop's unique needs, as we are both a consignment and new item retail shop. We have found that Ricochet was what we needed to bridge the gap between two different types of inventory. I also found that the ability to use Ricochet on multiple devices a huge plus. We sometimes tak an Ipad outside for sidewalk sales, and this was the only POS that allowed us to do that. We have been using Ricochet for 6 months and continually like it more and more!

Reena

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Couldn't live without it!

Ricochet makes consigning products quick and easy and our consignors love having the ability to go online to check their own inventory and account balances.

Pros

Ricochet Consignment Software is incredibly user-friendly; everything is easy to find and navigate and the customer service if I ever have any questions or issues is always pleasant and quick.

Cons

There are a few functions that would be nice to have added (i.e., the ability to duplicate a product and then just change the description for similar items and the ability to automatically send account balances out to consignors via email) but there is really nothing negative that I can say about the software.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Reena! We actually have "duplicate products" on our shortlist of projects this spring. So hopefully we will be getting that out soon!

Linda
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

I love this software!

From day one the Ricochet team has been brilliant.....kind, willing to consider changes when they make sense, available quickly

Pros

Ricochet is so intuitive...even if there were non instructions I could figure it out. I does everything I need to run my consignment shop in a way that makes sense without a lot of useless features. The support has been fantastic (usually just me having a silly question) the team gets back to me in moments. I have used other consignment software and there is no comparison!

Cons

Hard to think of anything to complain about!

Response from Ricochet

Wonderful review, Linda! We take a lot of pride in avoiding "feature bloat" and overcomplicating simple processes. Glad you recognize that.

Christopher
  • Industry: Furniture

One of Our Best Assets and Advantages

Keeps us organized and easy to use- we plan to us other on-line sales features in the future

Pros

Keeps us on top of our Inventory, Consignments and Daily POS

Cons

Inability to see a snapshot of inventory for a given period

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Christopher! We have had similar reporting features requested recently. We'll be sure to add your feedback to the list.

Heidi

Great Service!

I have loved this software. It offers lots of overlap of accounting, sales, website and customer access. It is slick!

Pros

The customer support is phenomenal. Response to questions is fast and the staff ALWAYS know the answer to my questions.

This software, is also easy to use and offers lots of ways to gather data and sort through data.

Cons

It is missing just a couple features that I would like. For example, you can only look two pages ahead or behind when looking up products.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Heidi! We will be sure to pass on the love to our support team.

Thanks for the feedback as well! It's always interesting to hear the different wins and fails people have for their various business needs.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Finding Ricochet was the final piece we need to start our business.

Pros

Finding Ricochet was the final piece we need to start our business. We looked at number of Inventory and POS systems. Ricochet was the only one that checked all of our boxes. Once we decided to test drive the system, the guys at Ricochet were extremely helpful via email and phone.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. The guys at Ricochet listen to their customers and work to implement any changes that will benefit the system and their customers.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, John! So, so glad Ricochet was the solution you needed!

Sara

Holy cow!

This is one of the beat programs around. While looking while opening my consignment store, we came across Ricochet and did the free trail. After hiding the program for 48 hours I knew this was the beat option for us. Easy to use and simple for our consignors to check their inventory and balances.

Pros

How easy and simplified it is, my customers love being able to check their inventory and balances.

Cons

Can’t wait for mobile app update, having that to use on my iPads will be great!

Response from Ricochet

Straight 5-stars! Thanks, Sara! We're excited for the iPadOS release too!

Hannah

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

We LOVE Richochet!

Pros

When we entered the consignment business my only "requirement" was that we use some type of software. I researched several different options and loved how Ricochet looked (app-like as opposed to processor-ish). Plus the customer service was so helpful. I talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
a lot early on and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
. They've always been extremely helpful and accessible. I like that I haven't had to go through automation or operators to get answers. They've even been accessible on Saturdays when we had an emergency issue that needed to be resolved.

Cons

To be honest there aren't many cons I can think of. I wish I could add variants from the inventory page instead of having to go to the preferences. As of right now that's about all I can think of.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Hannah! Our team is always so happy to work with you when problems arise. We'll pass on the love to the rest of the team.

Melinda

Software with ease

Great, customer service is prompt and polite.

Pros

This software is user friendly. Ease to learn. Love that you can use it on multiple computers at work and if I need to I can access it from anywhere.

Cons

I would like it to be more customization, such as being able to flag a consignor or have a consignor drop off screen that you could have notes about the drop off i.e. date time etc.
More customize able reports
Employee time clock

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the view and feedback, Melinda! Deeper reporting is definitely on our list of features this next development cycle.

Kathryn

The Most Amazing Customer Service

This is the first and only software I've used. I did tons of research before I purchased and I have not been disappointed. They have been extremely responsive to my questions and issues (100% of which have been my error).

Pros

The easy of communicating with the company when I run into a snag.

Cons

There are a few reports I with that I could generate that don't exist. Example "Average Monday Sales". I also with that there was a way to change the status on products from "expired" to "picked up" in mass. I haven't found a way to do that yet.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Kathryn! Bulk status updating is very high on our development list and schedule to get built out in Q1 of 2020. So keep an eye out for that!

Brandon

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

We have loved the software and fu criminality. The Ricochet team are great to work for and very prompt in their responses.

Pros

The fact that the inventory is easy to use. Also ease and functionality of then POS

Cons

Not nearly enough customizable reports. Need quite a bit more options there

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Brandon. One of the largest priorities over the next couple of development cycles is how to improve and overhaul the reporting system. Stay tuned!

Steve

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Does the job

We looked at several software options and Ricochet offered the best solution, tech support is outstanding and I like that they have continued to innovate the platform

Pros

Multi-Level Users
Ability to offer vendors there own login
Easy reporting
East Payment reconsiliation

Cons

Some inventory adding functions are a little clunky

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Steve! We will pass on the appreciation to our customer support staff!

Replied 03/01/2020
Gary
  • Industry: Wholesale

Customer of several years

The new version hasn't really provided any new benefits, just headaches and frustration.

Pros

I DID like that we could do individual reports for our clients (both inventory and sales).

Cons

I HATE the new version. A LOT LESS user friendly and not as compatible with our estate sale business now. Looking for other options.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the honest feedback, Gary. Sorry, you're having a rough time with the latest updates. We'll have to reach out and get more details so we can make sure you're having a better experience.

Jack
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

Pros

Ricochet is easy to use and makes every transaction a breeze.

Cons

Nothing I can think of it! The overall experience is simple and makes total sense.

Response from Ricochet

Awesome! Thanks for the review, Jack!