About SpamTitan

SpamTitan is a spam filtering solution that caters to businesses, managed service providers (MSPs) and schools to help them to block spam, viruses, malware, ransomware, phishing attempts and other email threats. The solution can...

Browse SpamTitan Reviews

Noorhidayu S.

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Protect inbox from spam attack with SpamTitan

Pros

Combating spam and malicious email is the best to be done with SpamTitan. I can add my own whitelist and blacklist for any keyword that i deem likely to be a spam email or advertising email that i don't want to receive anymore. I will generate the report every week to monitor how many spam email has been blocked.

Cons

It will takes some time for a novice user especially a non-technical user to deploying this software and integrating it with their current email provider. It is not a bad thing, but need a more effort on the user side to study more how this software operating and the structure the system.

Morten B.

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

Great product

I have been using spamtitan for more than 10 years now.

Pros

The software are easy to use and efficient

Cons

There is a long time between the updates in the software, this is both good and bad.

Habibah M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Protect my email from spam attack

Deploying this software in my email system has reduce the risk of me getting attack from spam email and malware. With the increase case of people get attack by ransomware attach with their email, this software will totally protect me from that attack.

Pros

Combating spam and malware attack on my email is the biggest feature that SpamTitan has help me with. The email monitoring really work well and will block and notify me if any of the emails show strange behavior or comes from entrusted source.

Cons

SpamTitan is quite hard to learn all the feature and tools that comes with it. Some of the notification alert is too strange and i need to constantly referring back to the manual to know the description of the alert.

Top SpamTitan Alternatives

Benjamin J.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

SpamTitan has saved me, saved my company time, and has some of the best support people around.

Just sorting the crap emails automatically that come in saves my company hours in man hours. It's also blocked malicious attachments which is awesome because the weakest part of any security is always the people. This helps with that tremendously

Pros

It's as close to "set it and forget it" as you can come in the IT field. Right out of the box support helped me set everything up in less than 20 minutes, no hardware to worry about, nothing like that. Literally all I have to do is check to see if something was blocked incorrectly once in a while, white list it, and done.

I've been using spam titan for almost a year and in that time we have blocked over 200k spam/malicious emails for a 30 person company before they even hit employee mailboxes. I shut off the service for 48 hours just to make sure it easy legit, it was, and I haven't shut it off again since.

Whitelisting and blacklisting domains and specific emails are super easy.

Support Staff are awesome and go into detail when resolving problems if they were to arise or even if you just have a question. They have always been friendly and curteous and super personable and have been some of the best people to work with in all my years doing IT.

Cons

The only thing I feel is missing is the ability for cloud users to create their own key word filter. Don't get me wrong, the spam filter itself is amazing, just a bit more precise control on my end to mark specific phrases or words as spam would be nice.

Being able to see the email body of messages that come in as SPF fails would be helpful at times as many company's we deal with have auto invoicing that fails SPF.

Other than that no issues!

Jj C.

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

SpamTitan Cloud Service

Very good, we came here after trying two other services for a couple years each. SpamTitan is very useful to us and we re-evaluate providers every so often and continue to stick with them.

Pros

It's hosted offsite, but gives me the ability to modify and tweak anything I want. Customer Service is easy to reach and always helpful. Does a good job with filtering, we rarely have to white list and don't get much spam at all. The best part is that I can forget about it.

Cons

Not a huge con, but I wish there was more notifications around maintenance, slow-downs, outages etc. We've been with this service for years and wouldn't still have it if it caused disruptions, but there were a few hiccups I needed to call it to find out about. That may well be something that is available too, I just am not aware, nor is it a big enough issue for me to waste time looking into.

Dan O.

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Great Product and Easy to Use

SpamTitan has done an excellent job of clearing out the loads of spam we were getting prior to putting the product in place.

Pros

After going through a fairly simple setup, SpamTitan just works. It does a great job of stopping most spam and has a small number of false positives. It is also pretty easy to set up notifications on any blocked emails to ensure that proper capture is occurring. One side feature that I really like is using the web interface to see what emails have been allowed through. Using that information, when a client calls and tells us they sent an email that we didn't get, I can immediately look on SpamTitan to see if the email reached our servers at all. This allows me to very quickly determine if an email that never reached us was blocked on by our servers or prior to reaching us at all.

Cons

If you change a filter in the web interface to return too many records, the site will sometimes hang.
I have sent in questions for support once or twice, and I do get a reply very quickly that the staff will address my question, but I often never get a response after that.

Peter B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

SpamTitan - a great service for a great price

We had to quickly change spam filtering services due to licensing changes, and some other circumstances. We didn't want to sign a year or longer contract. SpamTitan was highly rated in a number of the forums that I looked at. The pricing was great for what we needed, and it was month to month.

When I set it up to test, it worked just as I had hoped. The migration from our previous vendor was painless, and kudos to them that we were able to export things like our allow/block lists. There was a minimum of massaging of those lists to get them into SpamTitan.

We did have some snags the first few days, and support was ready and able to get things fixed. There was sufficient follow-up. The experience overall was fantastic.

Pros

Easy to implement
Great support
Month to month, no long term commitment
Has all the features I needed
Good user interfaces, both admin and general user
Little user training required

Cons

Support is out of Ireland, so there is often a lag in response
Billing has been a bit difficult to sort out, 3rd party billing company
Mail logs only kept for about 30 or 45 days, I would like 6 months available

Faburn F.

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

SpamTitan Cloud Review (after 2 years use)

My company has used the SpamTitan Cloud solution for approximately 2 years without experiencing noticeable technical issues or downtime. I occasionally need to add a white list entry or release emails that are not SPAM. The end users get a daily email to allow them to identify emails caught in their SPAM filter and decide how the application should handle them. The licensing count is not tied to a specific domain which is attractive if you support multiple domains or are an MSP.

Pros

- The application is stable and requires little maintenance.
- Support is responsive and knowledgeable
- Cost is a good value and pricing structure allows for use with multiple domains to maximize licensing.
- New email addresses are automatically learned to ease administration and automate licensing needs.
- Good reporting
- User self maintenance works well.

Cons

- Not really an issue for me, but there is no mobile admin client.
- Web interface seems dated, which is not a concern of mine, but it could turn off some admins.

Jacco waalewijn B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

Excellent product and support

Pros

We is SpamTitan (virtual appliance) because it have proven itself to be a very complete, robust and stable Email security platform. It performs very well, the monitoring and logging features are very good giving us the ability to track alle email traffic in case of any customer questions according to email messages. In case of any questions we aren’t able to answer with our support team, the Titan HQ support team is very Active. Most cases are picked up within 30 minutes and solved within the hour. So overall we rate this product but also this company as: EXCELLENT.

Cons

Because of the many options and features SpamTitan offers, it sometimes is quite a search between the main features and their options within.

Kerim J.

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Email security

Strong product with a nice future packages. Good Quality of Service and Support. It was a good decision to replace our Barracuda Email Security Gateway with SpamTitan.

Pros

Our business requirements on features and graphical interface performance including the price made for us the decision.

Cons

Some basic Features necessary for Enterprise environment is not given out of the box.

Cisco Secure Email

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

It was because of features and security requirements and at the end also a price decision.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Price and future package
Jake P.

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

SpamTitan Review

Excellent experience using SpamTitan to protect my 3000~ users from malicious E-mail phishing techniques and Spam.

Pros

Ease of Use and Excellent Customer Support

Cons

Pattern filtering desperately requires simplification. Extremely difficult to implement pattern filters. Syntax.

Yannick B.

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Reliable Spam Filtering System

SpamTitan does what it is intended to do. It filters a good portion of Malicious and Spam emails from our systems. Support team are knowledgeable and are able to assist in a timely fashion.

Pros

• Filters/Blocks 90% of Spam
• Uses multiple Spam Filtering Technology
• Blacklist/Whitelist can be set Globally and per User
• Customization Spam Inbox Report
• Has a Scan Summary/Performance Report
• Web UI loads quickly
• Updates are easy and quick to apply within the UI

Cons

• Difficult to improve the filtering technology without creating false positive
• Doesn't have a help feature available for each setting
• New Spam techniques are difficult to catch immediately
• Doesn't have an Artificial Neural Learning Network that learns from identified User/Admin Flagged Spam

Patrice G.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Easy and effective

Support and sales have been really helpfull, it's nice to do business with them

Pros

Easy to deploy, easy to use, lots of customizations options if you need them, support is fast and effective, pricing is clear no hidden fees

Cons

Pricing, there's a lot of cheaper option out there, but at some point you get what you pay for

Barracuda Email Security Gateway and Zerospam

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

flexibility and configurations options, pricing

Zerospam

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Spamtitan had the best overall package
Jason M.

Reviewed on 04/09/2018

Resolved issues and turned out to be a valuable part of my offerings.

Positive with very respectable technical support.

Pros

I count on the protection and support of Spamtitan when it comes to my business and my customers. When it was first used with my hosted mail services, it was during a time when particular crypto-ransomwares were causing significant issues with my customers. Once I switched, problem solved and ironically, it was at that time that only my customers that did not utilize my Spamtitan solution continued to have issues.

Cons

The creation of an Microsoft Outlook Add-in module for Spam management would enhance the solution significantly. It has cost me some business as some of Spamtitan's competitors have this in use.

Ray C.

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Excellent Spam software, even better customer support!

Overall, I like the company, I like the support engineers, and they've always been VERY quick to help me resolve any issues I've had, even when not caused by the SpamTitan software, but related issues that were unclear to me where the problem was until resolved.

Pros

Ease of use for our users/employees, for releasing spam emails.
Excellent support from company.

Cons

My only request would be that I wish it was a little easier to whitelist banned attachments from a specific email address. You can do it, but it's a bit more complicated than I wish it was. With that said, it works perfectly fine.

Domenico P.

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Simple, cheap and safe, what more can you expect?

e-mail Secuirty

Pros

Its simplicity makes it a product ready for use and immediate management.

Cons

The graphical interface should be updated with a newer style.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

SpamTitan is one of the best antivirus/antispam filters on the market

The primary benefits I receive with this software is the praise by end users on how effective the spam filtering is on their accounts. Also, my clients really like the ability review what has been filtered in the very rare occasion of a false positive.

Pros

The price is really hard to beat when compared with alternative solutions. Addtionally, when deployed on client networks whether via on prem appliance or cloud, my clients receive virtually zero spam emails.

Cons

Configuration can be a bit daunting, but with the excellent support issues are easily resolved. Other than that, I really can't think of any other cons with this product!

Sam H.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

Spam Titan -Outstanding Product -Outstanding Service

Outstanding!

Pros

It features multiple layers of protection to stop not only email spam, but email that contains dangerous viruses. Even those annoying emails where once I had to plead to the sender to remove me I can now remove them myself.

On those times where I had questions and I would call customer support they would reply in minutes.

Spam Titian is the most vital and trustworthy software I have ever used.

Sam Hooper

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Spam Titan.

Eric T.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

SpamTitan has been twice as effective at blocking spam as our prior spam-filters

Pros

Administration has been very smooth and easy. The admin gui is intuitive and easy to navigate. Their categorization has been on point and we haven't had even half of the spam get through that we used to with our old spam filter product. We were able to use a recently decommissioned server to create an appliance with the SpamTitan software. Easy to whitelist and allow needed emails as well as release them.

Cons

There hasn't been too many things we have found that were what we would consider a "con." I would like to see more frequent updates to address potential bugs and issues. And maybe a little better documentation, but overall not much to complain about.

Michael I.

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Spam Titan usage

Pretty good. We use it for several years, recently evaluated about 4 alternative and decided what we will stay with SpamTitan for a while.

Pros

1. Price. Much cheaper than competitors
2. Stability. Works for months without any issues

Cons

1. Lack of integration with Office 365
2. Poor end-user experience.
3. Poor integration with Outlook - plugin is not stable and quite useless.
4. Lack of freedom in filtering - would be nice to allow whitelisting RBL blocked messages, etc

James M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

Webtitan review

the product is good and easy to use.. webfiltering features are fine too..
need the firewall functioanlities

Pros

1. the application functionalities are well defined.
2. Reports are well defined
3. policies application per user or a group are well defined
4. The system is easy to use once the concept is understood.
5. being cloud based and a VM, its easy to migrate the system to another host without affecting functionalities.

Cons

1. support not as good
2. firewall functionalties not defines

Greg S.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Best value product for on-premise Exchange system.

Pros

Mostly set and forget. Very low maintenance. Mail history searching is very good and allows research of mail status to address user concerns regarding mail flow. Setup is fairly easy. Virtualization works well.
Support is outstanding. Global and user Black and White lists.

Cons

Outlook Plug-in could be better - more tightly integrated. Would like admin level SPAM/NOT SPAM marking of history.

Adam S.

Spam Titan Appliance Review

Soild piece of software with excellent support when we have needed guidance.

Pros

We use SpamTitan as a MSSP email filter -

Ease of Setup and overall scalability and reliability are the key things I like best.

Cons

There are some features I wish were able to be configured for each tenant and are more global features.

John T.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Reduced Spam for the users

Reduced administrative load. I don't have to worry about updates.

Pros

It filters Spam well. It greatly reduced the amount of time the users spend dealing with Spam. It is easy to set up and manage my users. We use the online version so there was no installation required.

Cons

The only issues that have come up are training the users to interpret the notifications they receive on possible Spam.

Jeff B.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Ease of use and implementation

Spam titan has been able to find and quarantine junk email much better than the appliance we had before and it appears that the service is constantly updating. Which means the more we use it the more intelligent the software becomes

Pros

The most important thing I have found is that implementation was nearly flawless. The one time we did need support we got it in a very timely manner and the questions were answered right away on the first call.
Once implementation was working this software is extremely easy to understand. Modifications are intuitive and changes or rather customization's to our environment were easy to make.

Cons

Definitely the one thing i liked least about this software is that I did not purchase it sooner.