About Jane

Jane is a practice management solution that helps health and wellness clinics streamline operations related to appointment booking, billing, charting and more. It allows patients to view and choose services, treatments and...

4.8
4.7
4.9

Browse Jane Reviews

Sandra V.

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

Jane got me through April 2020

My business was ordered to stop conducting in-clinic operations due to the COVID-19 crisis. The Jane Team launched the online video conferencing feature that they were planning to launch at the end of 2020. It allowed me to continue conducting business and adhere to the government's mandate to maintain physical distancing.
Not only that they offered two weeks of webinar style training sessions that they were planning to offer using an on-site conference setting.
It has been Jane and I running the business all of April 2020 and I could not have done it without "her"!

Pros

Online billing, online booking , reporting of Key Performance Indicators, scheduling, and electronic medical records all in one affordable package.
Great customer service.

Cons

There has not been a downside. It is very easy to learn and it has all the features that I need.

Response from Jane Software

Sandra

This is so lovely - and what an honour it has been to spend the last few weeks with you at Allied.

I was surprised (although I shouldn't have been!) by the great chat participation throughout the sessions - even in an online version of what we were hoping to be a community building in-person experience. Thanks for joining us! We are lucky at Jane to be working with people like you...

And I'm so glad to hear that you're working with Online Appointments! We're still working on more resources for you around returning to in-practice treatment and what it might look like to have a bit of a hybrid model for a while, with both in office and online care.

Today we're working on a guide for screening calls with COVID-19 screening intake forms and consents.

You're doing a phenomenal job Sandra! If there's more Jane can do to help you and your practice in resources, education or features let us know.

Alison - Co-Founder

Replied 04/05/2020
Guillaume D.

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

Devil is in the details

Jane is a joy to use and customer service is top notch.

Pros

I have been using Jane daily for 3 years now in my practice. What I love most most Jane is it’s very clean and easy user interface, it’s always a joy to use and it just works. Also it offers some functionalities which seem like details but save you so much time daily like saving patients credit cards to reduce no shows, visual charting, making your calendar seem busy, only book adjacent appointments, you can clearly see that the tram behind this has first hand experience with online booking and patient management system.

Cons

What I miss is first , considering I have all my patients confidential information is Jane, is the lack of 2 factor authentication, this is the biggest missing feature. Secondly, the lack of API or even scheduling in reports prevents me from automating the simplest tasks like automatically exporting sales to Zoho books or setup a booking chatbot. Also with proper integration I could send the sms and email reminders from my own phone number and email, making customer journey optimal.

Cliniko

Reasons for Choosing Jane

As my practice grew I needed to move my patients files online, so I had to move away from setmore

Setmore

Reasons for Switching to Jane

I didn’t like the online booking interface from cliniko.
Amanda S.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Major issue with basic function

Pros

Nothing - I have a major complaint - see below.

Cons

I have used JaneApp as a client with about 3 different organizations and I always run into the same time-consuming, frustrating issue. When booking an appointment slot with someone, JaneApp gives you the option to choose that slot and book it. However, once you select the time slot, it says "Let's get you signed in." No problem. I sign in. But then, instead of simply completing the booking of the slot I chose, it shows my account with the words 'no bookings'. So then I have to manually go to the calendar again to book that slot. HOWEVER, now that slot is unavailable. (Someone told me that Janeapp makes slots unavailable for 3 minutes after booking.) So I have to wait for a few minutes until the time slot shows up as available again. This is glitchy and confusing. If clients are required to sign in BEFORE booking, they should NOT be given the option to book appointments - the system should force them to sign in first. If they are NOT required to sign in first, they should be given the option to book a given slot, and then if they need to sign in, that's fine, but then once this is complete, clients should be automatically returned to the process to complete that same booking SEAMLESSLY without having to go back to the calendar or rechoose the slot (after being confused and wondering why it's no longer available), just like other functional booking systems do. I don't know why this basic issue has not been addressed. Would not recommend this software!

Response from Jane Software

Hi Amanda,

Oh shoot. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Jane's online booking.

You mention you're a patient having trouble booking with Jane's online booking flow. And that you're using Jane to book at 3 different practices!

I can imagine, then, that any difficulties you're having are 3 times as frustrating. It definitely sounds like you're having a strange experience with the way Jane's behaving for you - when you sign in, your chosen appointment should be already selected and ready to confirm. And actually, if you're working on a private device, you can have Jane remember you so that you don't have to log in every time you want to book.

I'm going to make sure your experience as a patient is well documented here on our side, but more importantly I'm hopeful we can fix the log in problems you're experiencing.

We'll follow up to your email.

Talk soon - Alison - Co-Founder

Replied 12/05/2020

Top Jane Alternatives

Faune T.

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Customer Support is AMAZING

Management of scheduling and electronic medical records are integrated for a seamless experience.

Pros

It is all inclusive, continuously making improvements and the Jane Staff are so kind, helpful and cheerful.

Cons

It was a steep learning curve to learn JaneApp and implement the software, but the videos, tech support and online forums were helpful.

Acuity PPM and Happy Charting

wanted integration

Practice Fusion

Reasons for Switching to Jane

recommendations and happy customers that are colleagues

Response from Jane Software

Hi Faune,

I want to start by saying thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Hearing that you chose Jane due to recommendations and happy customers is just so great. I love our community!

I truly hope that you will continue to lean on our support team throughout your Jane journey. We totally understand how challenging learning software can be and I know a friendly voice on the other side of the phone can definitely make that experience feel much better :)

Thanks again, Faune. We'll keep working hard to gain those last few stars!

Replied 12/04/2022
Tzachi "saki" litov -.

Reviewed on 07/06/2020

Incredible Program That Continues to Grow!

Overall Jane has been phenomenal! Not only are we happy with the flexibility and ease of use of the system, but the fact there's a community of users constantly offering help and feedback, and that Jane is incredibly responsive.

Pros

The fact that Jane had an integrated payment system that was incredibly easy to set up and use was a huge factor in our choice. Additionally, they offer online scheduling as well as the ability to send forms that we can create. Plus the charting is as simple or complex as you want it to be with a huge array of options.

Cons

Jane is still growing. One of the areas I'm hoping to see improvement in is its internal database of names. Currently, there is no way to segregate Clients (or Patients) from practitioners or even family members in a way that is useful. I'm hoping they'll integrate and/or add a way to prefill facilities & practitioners that are already in the system, so they don't have to be added over and over again.

Response from Jane Software

Hi there Saki,

So nice to hear from you and what an interesting title "Patient Advocate/Health Navigator". I love that.

I'm so glad that you're working with Jane's integrated payments - we saw a really big shift over the Covid response period to contactless online payments. I'm glad that worked so well for you.

And from the health navigator perspective - I appreciate your thoughts on the need for an internal database of contacts. This pairs nicely with a more robust "letters" feature that we have on our roadmap, so I'll make sure this feedback is part of that planning.

Thanks for the lovely final comments. I 100% agree with you that the community you gain when you join Jane is a benefit that's hard to describe. We are also looking at doing more with the connection of our members since owning and running a practice can be a pretty lonely role.

Appreciate you and the work you do Saki!

Alison - Co-Founder

Replied 09/06/2020
Jennifer R.

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

JANE - A "One Stop" Platform for my practice.

I've worked on Jane for a while. Previously, I did not have access to all the features (practioner settings), but today I do, and I'm loving it. I had researched using the Jane guide, and it is very clear.

Pros

It's a "one stop" shop for my art therapy practice (in line with Canadian HIPPA and PIPEDA) standards.
It provides all one needs (booking, appts, online sessions, charting, payments, billing & invoicing, accounting, etc.). Client demographics + and data (charts +) is secure.

Other than keeping track of my other business expenditures, Jane does all my accounting and my business data is easily accessible through reports.

Cons

I would like to be able to eventually use Jane for online group sessions, but this is a minor factor in my practice. When doing that, there are ways around it, and all other aspects of running a group can be done through Jane (using the in-person) settings for bookings.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Jennifer,

Happy Friday! Thanks for the thoughtful review :)

I love your choice of title - "A 'One Stop' Platform for my practice."

We are working hard to bring Group Telehealth to Jane! I hope you'll add your vote to the feature request here: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/telehealth-for-groups-couples-and-families
This way you can follow along with the status of this important request.

Last but not least, I so appreciate your reasons for choosing Jane. We are just so thankful to be able to support helpers like you.

Thanks for the positive impact you have in your community and in ours!

Replied 20/05/2022
Cara L.

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

Jane Set the Bar High!

Overall Jane has been great in every regard. I have used Jane for years at two different clinic locations as well as the Osteopathy clinic I work in for school and it has been flawless everywhere!
Whether I'm using Jane as a practitioner, patient or admin it is easy to use and easy to correct any mistakes made!

Pros

I love Jane because of its ease of use and functionality, AS WELL as aesthetics!

Jane has always been straight forward and simple enough for even the most novice tech users

Cons

As I branch off on my own and need to choose a clinic software, I wish it was a little more economical as I would love to choose Jane for myself but need to be careful as I am just starting out!

Response from Jane Software

Hi Cara,

This made me smile - "Jane is the Cadillac of software."

I love that you've been able to experience Jane as a practitioner, patient, and admin staff. So awesome.

We've worked hard to make Jane's pricing as fair and competitive as possible. I hope you'll reach out to a member of our support staff this week so we discuss the very best plan and fit for you as a solo practitioner!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. We appreciate you :)

Replied 24/06/2022
Steven K.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Jane for starting up

Positive. It allowed us to try new things and grow our practice at a very, very affordable price

Pros

Jane has been a great software as a new practice. 90% of our needs have been met through Jane's ability to be customized. The look is sleek and simple. Flow is wonderful

Cons

Jane is not specialized. We need Soap note Macros, but Jane is not in that business. The have built out phrases to the best of their ability. They honestly go above and beyond considering the wide range of clients that they serve

Response from Jane Software

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your review and all the stars! I'm thrilled to hear that Jane has helped you to grow your practice.

Have you seen Smart Options for charting? You can use this chart part to create a quick and easy narrative with only a few simple steps, similar to the macros you're referring to.

If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend this blog post (specifically the Charting Highlights with Alex video): https://jane.app/blog/charting-tips-from-jane-s-chiropractic-community

You will see how you can use Smart Options to build out a SOAP note. If you have any questions on that don't hesitate to reach out to our support team, or respond back here :)

Have an awesome weekend.

Replied 24/06/2022
Suzanne M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Jane is a best fit for physical therapy

My experience is that I am learning to use the program for a clinic where I'll do independent PT work as well as setting up a Jane account for my own private practice. Since I am new to Jane, I've been able to be on a number of training sessions with the Jane staff, who have all been easy to work with, patient in their explanations. Other companies have not bee so user friendly. The SOAP note formatting works very well for us, along with such easy navigation through charting and billing.

Pros

Multiple features including the templates for assessment and treatment ability to copy and paste from previous treatment dates

Cons

I am not sure what is missing or could be improved

WebPT

Reasons for Switching to Jane

The navigation and user interface.
Rasha A.

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

NOVA Chiropractic & Rehab Center

Infinite malleability of software

Pros

It is a great service and I highly recommend.

Cons

sometime the software get slow and takes long time

Jackie K.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

Love Jane!

Amazing customer service and easy to use. Wouldn't try anything else even though it's an expense every month.

Pros

Easy to use, all of my records, Billing, scheduling in one spot. Many patients tell me that using Jane on their end is very convenient and helpful as well.

Cons

Takes a little to get used to ...and I'm not thrilled that I'll have to pay more for another practitioner to use it when I expand my practice.

Acuity Scheduling and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Needed charting and more features, intake/consent forms

All in one!

Response from Jane Software

Hi Jackie,

Thanks so much for your review and all the stars!

I am so happy to hear you say "easy to use," "scheduling in one spot," and "convenient and helpful." I'm smiling so big :)

When it comes to pricing, our model is our true cost for running Jane, meaning that we don't artificially inflate our pricing to account for discounts. We have worked hard to make our Jane pricing as fair and competitive as possible. I hope you will reach out to a member of our support team this week, so we can make sure you're on the best plan for you right now and then again in the future!

Thanks again Jackie and I hope you have an awesome week.

Replied 11/04/2022
David C.

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Great Software for Chiropractors

My overall experience with Jane has been very positive. I only recently discovered exactly how helpful the support team is. They actually asked me to explain what I was trying to do, and found a way to dramatically simplify an entire process that was currently turning into a big mess. They created a personalized demonstration video on how to get everything set up, along with written steps and links to step-by-step guides. I don't know that I've ever interacted with a support team that seemed genuinely interested in helping solve something like that.

Pros

The set up and continuous customizing of the software is made really easy with the amount of demonstration videos and step-by-step instructions on how to set things up. Almost anything that I want to change in my software, probably has a video to explain how to do it. I love that I can condense all of my scheduling, chart notes, billing, patient management all into one software so I am not having to pull information to/from other sources.

Cons

I think there should be more options to allow converting intake forms, chart notes, etc into PDF files to print them out more efficiently. Some times I need hard copies of intake forms, and they only way that I have found to do that, is to physically create templates in Jane, and re-create them in either a word doc or PDF to be able to print them out so they match each other. I only use the baseline subscription though, so that may be an option on a different level.

ChiroFusion and Medfusion

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Cost of ChiroTouch was more than I wanted to pay every month, plus a set up fee. ChiroTouch was nice for MACRO options with charting, but in its entirety, was kind of bulky to use.

ChiroTouch

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Mostly because of the overwhelmingly great things Jane users said about the software and support.

Response from Jane Software

Hi David,

Wow! What a review (I can't stop smiling).

I especially love that you've mentioned your ability to schedule, chart, bill, and manage patients all within Jane. That's exactly it! We want you to be able to run your whole practice online with Jane.

I want to touch base on Intake Forms. These were originally built with the intention to remain electronic; however, I hear the desire for a physical copy. I'm not sure if you've tried it already, but you can click to preview the Intake Form and then print from there. You would want to select Preview > Print > Save as PDF. Please reach out to our support team if you need a hand with this. I know they will be eager to help you come to a solution that works best for you :)

I can't tell you how much we appreciate you sharing your experience with Jane the software, Jane support, and Jane community.

We're lucky to have you!

Replied 18/02/2022
Nicholas C.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Amazing product and impeccable customer support

AMAZING. I've been an employee at a clinic for a couple of years and have just moved to my home practice. Adopting Jane on my own has been such a positive experience, I was nervous at first, dreading having to learn everything on my own, but it went so smoothly and the customer service staff were so helpful. You guys even gave me a 2 week grace period as I learned Janeapp and migrated to my home practice. What seemed like an impossibility in the past, I'm now feeling so much more positive and optimistic about my success, as a Reiki practitioner, starting out was difficult, but things are beginning to go more smoothly and I have Jane to thank for being an integral part of that process.

Pros

This product is crazy good. It's so easy to use and customer service is unreal, and the pricing is amazing. The people behind Jane are always there to help me and they seem to put so much effort into helping me understand Jane's features and how to use them. I feel genuinely supported and am definitely going to recommend Jane to everyone. I even ended up reading Jane's Story page and About page today because Jane's existence made me feel so supported, positive, and optimistic about my practice.

Cons

During the tutorial phase of setting up Jane, after you've done the 6 major steps, you can opt in for more advanced settings by checking off boxes and updating the tutorial steps to those new features. You have the option of "skipping" these new tutorial points once they're up and "marking as complete" as well. I ended up clicking "Skip" or "Completed' after I'd clicked Charting and another feature, just to check to see if it was possible for me to minimize those steps and then be able to go back to them later. Unfortunately it turns out that once you click either of those options, you can never access them in Janeapp again, because if you try to check off those same boxes again and update the feature list, it reminds you that those tasks have been completed and to go to the website for more help. I would have preferred to be able to stay in the Janeapp system and do it again if I wanted, since they had very convenient videos that helped the walkthrough.

Response from Jane Software

Nicholas,

Wow. What a review! I just shared this with our entire team because I know it will brighten everyone's Monday- thank you.

You said that Jane's existence made you feel supported, positive, and optimistic about your practice. That is amazing and it's all we could ever want! You provide care to your community and it is our mission to support you in that.

I really appreciate your feedback regarding Jane's in-app onboarding checklist. This is something that I will certainly take back and share with the team. In the meantime, if you click both of the options you originally chose to skip/mark as complete plus one more new feature, you'll be able to see them all again. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you're unsure how to do that.

Thanks again, Nicholas, and hope you have a good week. We are lucky to have you as part of the Jane community :)

Replied 07/02/2022
Karla F.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Easy for Clinicians

Having experience with several systems during public practice in hospitals, Jane is straightforward and somewhat intuitive. When it isn't, the help desk is very good.

Pros

We like that it is Canadian and will comply with our laws without translating through USA or UK information. We like that it is easy to see where we are with our schedules. We like that it makes invoicing and keeping money issues with clients straightforward.

Cons

For our automotive insurance claim clients it does not integrate, but we understand that this is beyond Jane's reach due to legislation in Ontario. It does update frequently and as a clinic without a full time admin assistant we simply don't make use of newer items, or customize forms. We keep it simple.
We REALLY wish we could print out the help articles so those of us who are over 40 could read while we work through the instructions.

Owl Practice

Canadian

Response from Jane Software

Hi Karla!

Thank you for your Canadian support :) I am happy to hear that you are enjoying Jane's scheduling and billing features.

If you haven't seen it already we actually have an HCAI integration request under review by our team. You can follow along with new updates on our public customer feedback request site here: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/hcai-integration

I hear you about the desire to print out guide documents (I love paper copies myself!). Are you using Chrome as your browser? If so, I found this guide to help you print: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1069693?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

If you need a hand with this please do reach out to our support team!

Have a good week, Karla. Thanks again for sharing with us - we appreciate you.

Replied 01/11/2021
Eileen D.

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Best thing ever! Completely changed my life!

Absolutely thrilled with it, as are our clients. It was easy to get up and running and was fully customizable. Support is readily available and consistently reliable, friendly and professional.

Pros

I love how intuitive it is for running my acupuncture practice. Easy to use, it is hard to think of things it doesn’t do. It has made my day to day so much simpler. It also has a built in “forensics” ability to track everything that was done, by whom, and when. This makes any errors easy to track and correct. Customer service is impeccable. They are constantly working on refining the platform and keep us in the loop.

Cons

Really can’t think of anything! Except that I wish I found it sooner.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Eileen,

Wow. I'm smiling so big right now!

Our mission is to Help the Helpers and to hear you say "Completely changed my life!" when talking about Jane is the reason we do what we do. It really means so much to our entire team.

Thank you for your words and for choosing to be a part of the Jane community. We are so fortunate to have you :)

Replied 14/10/2021
Kristin L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Medical Practice- Telemedicine

Jane has been great overall. You cannot beat the customer service, however I have spent too much time figuring out how to do "workarounds" on my own and I wish that I did not have to do that so much.

Pros

The customer support is the most amazing feature. They are all intelligent and friendly. I like the upbeat design as well. It takes a while to learn the little things to do workarounds, but once I achieve that, then I believe that I will be able to function just as well as a more expensive EHR with a much cheaper cost. For a medical practice, it is much better than other inexpensive EHRs like Simple Practice that really would not work well at all.

Cons

There are things that I want to be able to customize more easily in the emails.
As a medical practice, it lacks features to integrate with pharmacies and labs, but that would prob be an upgrade. There are some simple things that could be easily fixed that I have to do a feature request for and probably will be a long while, if at all like
1. Adding a middle name to profile information. (yet it has a "pronoun" feature)
2. Sending a post visit email to a patient with a custom message
3. Lacking the integration for the transfer of intake information into the first appointment chart.
4. A customizable dashboard for each patient would be awesome. I really need that. Like simply a dashboard of shortcuts to the WHOLE CHART, where I can put notes like the last prescription sent, pharmacy etc and not have to toggle around to find the info everywhere.
So there is more time spent trying to figure out how to do "workarounds" and this has been pretty time consuming.

AdvancedMD EHR

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Price Jane has good extra features with integrations (but it increases cost). Not sure about the extra features for Advanced MD and how they compare or if they have any at all.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Kristin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and send us stars :)

The information you collect in the questionnaire portion of the intake form will actually be saved directly to the patient's chart! You can learn more about that here if you'd like: https://jane.app/guide/patient-profiles/intake-forms

Oh, and if you haven't seen it already be sure to check out the option to pin and star your chart entries for quick reference. More on that here: https://jane.app/guide/charting/pinning-and-starring-your-chart-entries

I am really glad to hear that you have added your other requests to our public customer feedback site. Your feedback is welcome and very much valued.

I hope you'll continue to rely on our support team for help throughout your Jane journey. This way we can talk about the "workarounds" you've created and discuss the best solutions for you and your practice.

We appreciate you!

Replied 27/09/2021

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Reliable EMR system

Reliable EMR system, multifunctional, easy and neat user interface, excellent customer support

Pros

- Easy to use for both administrators and patients/clients
- Clean and organized user interface
- Great customer support
- Functional - billing, charting, scheduling

Cons

- Charting could be more advanced - ideally incorporating some elements of previous chart notes to save users more time charting
- Cost is slightly more expensive than competitors

Response from Jane Software

Hey there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and share your thoughts.

I really appreciate the words you chose to describe Jane here - reliable, easy to use, and multifunctional. Oh - and I noticed your comment on support too :)

When it comes to Jane's pricing, we have worked hard to make our pricing as fair and competitive as possible. Our pricing model is our true cost for running Jane, meaning that we don't artificially inflate our pricing to account for discounts.

I hope you will reach out to a member of our support team this week, so we can make sure you're on the best plan for you!

Thanks again and hope you have an awesome week.

On Behalf of the Jane Team

Replied 25/05/2021
Lynn M.

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Invoicing

I love Janeapp ... very user friendly. I recommend it to anyone that asks.

Pros

How easy it is to use and find things from an admistrative point.

Cons

Invoicing - NEED to be able to invoice more than one product per invoice. It's very frustrating when we have a patient that needs multiple supplements and we have to send individual invoices for up to 10 products, sometimes more. It truly is the only thing I do not like about Janeapp.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for this review. I am so pleased to hear that you find Jane user-friendly and recommend Jane to others! Word of mouth is so important to us.

You're right, the ability to add multiple products is an existing request on our feature request site. If you have not added your vote to the list already, I hope you will do so here: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/compiling-multiple-sessions-andor-products-onto-a-single-invoice-document

We sincerely appreciate these reviews because it shows us how Jane is helping, but also how Jane could be better. We will definitely keep working towards that final features/functionality star.

Thanks again for the feedback, Lynn. Happy you're here!

Replied 17/05/2021
Katie D.

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Jane Saves the Day!

Pros

Jane has made our chiropractic office run so much more smoothly than we were able to achieve with other EHR programs. We were able to eliminate unneeded extra pieces of software and have cloud access to be able to securely access patient files and charting from anywhere. Allowing patients to schedule and pay online is a huge plus, and our patients find their interactions with Jane easy to navigate as well! I also love that Jane's customer service is incredibly helpful and responsive. They also allow their users to suggest and vote on feature requests to help Jane's updates move forward in a way that makes the most sense for their user base.

Cons

There are a few places where I'd prefer to have more control over reporting and data integration with other software. This is not a deal-breaker for us, but does limit us somewhat in how we can present data. Every difficulty that I've run across, I have been able to get a good reason from the people at Jane as to why they were unable to do so (one case was to keep data HIPAA secure) or to find a work-around. Frequently the request is met with "that's on our roadmap to work on." And they DO come through on those promises!

Response from Jane Software

Dr. Donovan,

I am totally picturing Jane as a superhero right now - thanks for the fun visual :)

It's so encouraging to hear that Jane is impacting your clinic in these positive ways. Positive patient feedback too! You do so much for the community as a full-time helper and anything we can do to help you back is the end goal.

I am also really happy to hear that you're utilizing our public customer feedback site to tell us more about what you'd like to see in Jane. We'd love if you continue to provide our team with feedback when you run into areas of improvement.

Thanks for your continued involvement in Jane's story!

Replied 18/05/2021
Kaila B.

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

The best software ever!

Training is a breeze with a software like this! So user friendly and beautiful to use everyday! The Jane company is very innovative and are constantly coming up with ways to make things easier, different integrations and what not. I love the simplicity, I love the colours. The online booking system has been awesome for our clinic and our patients. I will also add on the experience with communicating with Jane representatives has been amazing. They e-mail back quickly, are always nice, and explain in detail what's going on with whatever you are inquiring about. In any business its important to have that, they always help me out when I'm stuck!

Pros

What I like most is the overall ease of use, its very user friendly for everyone! From taking payments, to tracking the A/R, to day end cashing out, it is so simple as everything is recorded properly. Our therapists would say the charting section is useful with all of the different templates, and our patients would say the online booking system is great as well.

Cons

The only feature that I can even think of that would be missing from Jane App is a feature to tell you if someone your booking is already booked in on that day. A pop up saying something like "Heads up! this person is already booked on this day at this time" would be extremely beneficial for our staff! Some patients forget they have an appointment and will go to book in thinking they haven't. This is the only suggestion I could add and would think that I like least is the double booking.. I know Jane will eventually make this because they listen to your suggestions and actually put them into action!

Response from Jane Software

Thanks for the lovely review, Kaila :)

I love that you've taken the time to let us know about everyone's experience (admin, therapists, patients).

Oh- and I'm so glad to hear that you've been helped by our team - we love hearing from you!

If you haven't already I hope you'll add your vote to the existing feature request to add an Alert for Double Booking into Jane. I will include the link here: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/alert-for-double-booking

Thanks again for sharing and for growing with Jane over the last two years. Here's to the next two!

Replied 17/05/2021
Zeke W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Hands down the best EMR/practice management software.

Absolutely the best. Many of the features that other companies charge for are included in Jane's basic version and honestly, Jane does them better. Can't say enough good about them. Just try the product and you will see.

Pros

Easy to use, does everything you need and almost everything you want without having to pay more. Customizable chart notes, works for multiple disciplines, fantastic scheduling, online scheduling, payment processing, appointment reminders, insurance billing, google reviews, patient portal. It is also way cheaper and their customer service is unmatched. I have set up and used many different EMR platforms over the years and Jane is the best in every category without any contest. I will never use another software again.

Cons

We have been using it daily for almost 2 years now and have not had any major issues. When minor things come up, their customer service is quick, efficient, and very effective. They are a joy to work with and I would give them 6 stars if I could.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Dr. Watts,

Wow. Thank you for this incredibly encouraging review!

I shared this with the team and I know it will brighten their day.

Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Jane community for two years. We are so lucky to work alongside clinics like Family Circle Chiropractic!

Have an awesome week.

Replied 13/05/2021
Stacy P.

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

Excellent

Pros

The software is very user friendly, and the customer support people are so helpful, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He is just great, and hasn't had any issue with me contacting him directly for help, just because he is so fast to look at things and give me a hand. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has even taken the time to call me and walk me through things I'm having difficulty with instead of sending screenshots. Those are also helpful, but sometimes it's nice to have a friendly voice on the other end walking me through how to find something.

Cons

There isn't really anything we don't like about it, but there is room for adjustments. We would like to see late cancelled appointments show in the appointment history as late cancel, not no show, and we would love to be able to add a reason to late cancels, instead of using the drop down to cancel appointments that then disappear from the schedule.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Stacy,

10/10 - thank YOU!

We love support here at Jane and it makes me so happy to hear that you've had a great experience. I fully agree with you that a familiar voice on the other end of the phone makes learning much easier :)

We actually do have a way to record Cancellation Reasons instead of "No Showing." If you haven't seen it already, I hope you will check out our guide here: https://jane.app/guide/schedule/late-cancellations-and-more-detailed-cancellation-reasons

Oh, and here's some more info on how to view Cancelled appointments from the schedule directly: https://jane.app/guide/schedule/cancel-or-remove-an-appointment-from-the-schedule

Thanks again for the review, Stacy. Hope you have an awesome day.

Please reach out to us anytime!

On Behalf Jane

Replied 13/05/2021
Todd L.

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

Jane App is the new standard in chiropractic.

Pros

I’ve used several different EMRs and practice management programs in my career. And I even started with using paper charts. Jane is the best so far. Working with different types of chart notes in modules is a breeze.

Cons

Insurance billing in the United States is still confusing and is a dark magic to me. You have to use a clearing house to bill insurance. And I’m still not sure how that integrates with Jane once the money starts coming in.

Also, it’s hard to SALT (same as last time) billing and diagnosis codes from the proportions visit. I would like to see those carry over to the present visit by default, and allow me to make changes as appropriate.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Todd,

Your review title made me smile!

Switching from paper can be a big task. I'm so glad to hear about your experience with Jane's charting. It's one of the areas in Jane that is constantly evolving. Have you seen the new formatting options yet?

You're right, all insurer payments and EOBs need to be manually recorded in Jane at this time - but not for long! We have an Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) management tool currently in beta testing. This feature will allow you to download your remittances from your clearinghouse of choice, and upload them to Jane to make posting payments and EOB much quicker and easier :)

Oh and just in case you haven't seen it, here's a handy guide on rebooking clients with the same insurance info if you'd like to take a look: https://jane.app/guide//re-booking-clients-with-the-same-insurance-info

Thanks again for the review, Todd.

Replied 04/08/2021
Jeannie M.

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Best App!

Basically, I can navigate fine with what I need to do on a daily basis. Switching from hands-on massage therapy to the Jane app can be a bit of a challenge, but I get better all the time. I love the support and everyone I have spoken to on calls has been terrific!

Pros

I like the use of colours for bookings and the many features, like how I can save files to a profile etc.

Cons

Sometimes, quite often I find it hard to navigate through the Reports. Most likely because I don't use them much. I find it dificult to navigate payments with insurance companies especially when they do not cover the full amount or don't pay at all because the client needs a dr. note. Then I have to make changes.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Jeannie!

We're so happy you came back to Jane once you started your solo practice. I love Jane's treatment colours too... we have 10 options now! My personal favourite is Tangerine.

We totally understand how challenging learning software can be (all while doing what you do best, helping people). I hope you will continue to lean on our team for support as you navigate some tricky insurance billing.

Plus, if you have any suggestions for new features that would make billing easier, we'd love to hear from you on our public customer feature request site: https://janeapp.canny.io/

Thanks for the review, Jeannie. We're thankful for you.

On Behalf of the Jane Team

Replied 07/05/2021
Céline N.

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Jane App

We made the right choice with Jane to directly manage patient records, appointments, billing, monetary transactions and insurance reimbursements.

Pros

Easy to use, efficient, nice look, constant improvement, great support team: available, experienced and very friendly.

Cons

In Quebec, we face a huge challenge: to offer users to read and receive information in the language of their choice: in French or in English. We would like the patients to have the ability to indicate the language of their choice in order to interact easily. This situation leads to dissatisfaction as well as an additional workload.

Juvonno and SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to Jane

For the reasons stated in the first question and because the team is young, dynamic, attentive, in solution mode and geared towards constant improvement. We feel their excitement and pride in offering an innovative and effective product.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Celine,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. Building Jane to be legitimately helpful and efficient is our North Star.

You may already be aware that you can enter your own custom language (French, English, and many more) into a lot of areas in Jane (including online).

You can view the customizable areas here: https://jane.app/guide/basics/customizing-jane

That being said, the patient's ability to choose between the two languages would be understandably helpful.

If you haven't already, please add your vote to our public customer feedback list here: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/bilingual-online-booking
This way you can add your voice and stay up to date on the progression of this request. We are always looking for new ways to improve Jane!

Replied 05/05/2021