Wix Reviews

About Wix

Wix is a cloud-based landing page solution that helps users create and manage websites. The solution provides multiple templates with video backgrounds, fonts and animation. It allows users to customize the website with their own...

4.2

Ko-Ko
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur

I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

Cons

I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The ease of use, amount of features, and more enjoyable interface experience.
Jorge
Jorge
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

Wix is my 3rd favourite website builder!

Pros

I like the fact I can drag, drop items, like in most website builders. Website stats are probably the best in the market. The tools to help the site complying with data regulations are great and being able to show/edit the "cookie consent banner" or displaying a "do not sell data" option is definitely a plus.

Cons

what I like the least about wix the fact that it is less intuitive than webnode. from a beginner standpoint, one can easily turn a webnode theme into a nice website, it's not that simple with wix.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix was cheaper at the time I made the decision

Webnode
Clarke
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

Website Builder with Appointment Scheduling Tools

My overall experience is remarkable - it is the most important tool that help me save time when managing events.

Pros

Wix gives me the ability to create and design websites like a pro without coding via WYSIWYG editor tools.

Cons

Domain registration is quite pricey compared to alternatives.

Top Wix Alternatives

WordPress Portal

SeoSamba WordPress Enterprise

Sergio
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

Wix Page Builder Review

I use it for creat dropshipping stores and land pages, and some times is hard to make some customization for clients because of the lack of options of plugins and possibilities of creations using the template.

Pros

I like the beautiful templates and the drag and drop functions. Its also very intuitive tool for the users. The problem is when we need some kind of customization... Then starts the problems with this tool.

Cons

For create landing pages and stores is not so good because of the lack of plugins and some difficulties for customize the choseed template.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

More options of customizations.

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The client first bought this product before knows very well how its works and what he needs..
Michelle

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

Wix Enterprise is Best Bang for Buck

I've been using Wix for the past 10 years. I've used it to create sites for clients as well as in my full time job. I love the flexibility it gives the client to make changes after my project is complete.

Pros

I love the ease of creating a new site. All the options are fabulous and I learn new features almost daily.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. The product is absolutely wonderful to work with. I am a graphic designer so the wysiwyg is perfect....and I don't need to know html coding.

WordPress and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Wix

The platform is too finicky. I had to figure out an easy solution for all my clients.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

First off, Wordpress sucks. GoDaddy doesn't have the easy features found with WIX.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

Great for simple sites, stay away for advanced sites

Generally frustrated. When Wix works, it's great but be sure to give yourself 2 or 3 times more time than expected to fix your layout. If you have a simple layout and do not need to display data in tables, Wix may be a good choice for you.

Pros

In general, the templates and layouts are super simple to use. Its easy to add images and text and customize layouts.

Cons

Where do I start? The layouts are good but basic. As soon as the layout gets customized beyond the basics, it becomes nearly impossible to control section layout from resizing and breaking the section mobile layout. Aligned items become maligned. Fonts randomly resort back to default. If you want to constantly redo your layout, Wix is for you. Also, the system often operates at a snails pace making development nearly impossible. The documentation is plentiful but often useless. Probably the most perplexing choice by Wix was to upgrade the platform and remove recurring tables. The previous version of tables was simple, but removing tables completely is forcing me to look for a new platform. They will lie to you and tell you that repeaters work just like tables, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Squarespace and Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I needed a built-in light database type functionality which I cannot seem to find in other products.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Love Wix editor and sites

I like using wix to do all my online services through , e comerce to web page , so easy to use , looks amazing , functions perfect , i tried others before i found wix, and ive been here since 2013 , and plan on staying at wix , they are really good .

Pros

Wix is very easy to use building your own site , and saving money doing your own, very good layout and and ease of function ,
customer service has been 100% over the years .

Cons

there really isnt anything i didnt or dont like about wix, ive used wix since 2013 and have had several different sites i built , and never had a issue

jon

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

wix review

Pros

easy to use and the customer support is excellent

Cons

it is to expensive when you want to subscribe

Bob
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Great Support!

Pros

Great Support and the design features as well as the apps.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind regarding "what do I like least" about Wix, but I'm required to put words into this box. So there.

Digna
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 15/01/2024

Easy website builder

Pros

I love the ready made templates which help to build a website easily. The templates give a modern and sleek look. Once you have the template in place it's fairy easy to edit and adapt the website. The apps on Wix are also great, for example, having chat support for visitors and for displaying blogs.

Cons

There can sometimes be glitches in the templates where they don't line up properly. Poor website speed - I've spent a large amount of time trying to adapt my website to help increase its speed and performance but I'm not sure if it's due to the template I have used but it's quite slow at loading. This is the main con for me as the whole point of a having a website is to help your online presence and drive traffic to your website so having a website which is slow to load is not great.

Jared

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

My great experience with Wix

Overall, Wix is my preferred platform for making my websites and blogs. The value that they provide is astounding! If Wix keeps heading in the same direction, the only thing that can be expected is growth. There is so many more pro's than con's to be listed.

Pros

Wix is a solid web development platform, and to capture the whole point of this review, an overall amazing platform for any purpose! Wix provides fantastic payment plans that are affordable, provide a ton of value, and encourage growth of a personal website, wedding website, or a corporate site, you name it -- this is the platform to use. There are designated plans that are recommended for large businesses and allow for unlimited bandwidth, large amounts of content uploading, and ad credit of up to $300. There is no cap that is placed on your creativity in using this site. Wix will even supply free templates to get you started.

Cons

The only thing that I had difficulty with is navigating some areas of the page. Since there is so much that is offered through this platform, they do their best to simply the whole process and even walk you through it, some parts can be overwhelming and may take time to learn, but with a bit of practice you can learn the page navigation like the back of your own hand!

matt
matt
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

It's not Wordpress, and why that's important

Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

Pros

After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared.

The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use.

It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one.

Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

Cons

As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before.

That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I switched from Wordpress because I was having trouble with my site loading too slowly. My site had a lot of load-heavy features like video backgrounds. I saw a couple sites with the features I like that loaded quickly and once I learned those sites were Wix, I made the switch.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I chose Wix over Squarespace because I've tested Squarespace and found it limited in its design capability.
Eli

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

Pros

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

Cons

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Squarespace and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wordpress is too complicated, not enough encompassing, and too stiff for the average joe.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

It was the best overall (features, quality, security, price)
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

Pros

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

Cons

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Price and quality- Wix was better in both areas.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I chose Wix because of the ease of use and the sites look more professional.
Jonathan

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Simple, Easy, fantastic price

Wix couldn't be simpler and easier to use. It is so affordable, so simple, and yet incredibly powerful. I had no idea how easy it was going to be when I was getting started, but now I'm a huge fan, and probably will be for life.

Pros

The ease of use. It was so simple to set up and build a website, I had one online in a matter of 2 hours.

On top of that, it was so affordable, that I had paid for 3 years of hosting, that cost me less than it would cost to have someone build a site, let alone host for 3 years. In other words, it's saved me thousands of dollars.

Cons

Truthfully, I don't have any major complaints yet, because it's doing everything I've needed it to do. Perhaps I could say, it seems so feature rich that I could never fully tap into all of its powerful capabilities.

The other downside might be down the road, if ever I needed to export my website to a different host, that might cause a few hiccups, but I'm locked in for another couple of years, so it's not a worry presently.

Squarespace, WebsiteBuilder and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Because I wanted something faster, easier and less expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Ease of use, cost and a glowing testimonial from a fellow entrepreneur.
Charmaine
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

Newbie Website

I like that it's an average fee, that I can use templates that are provided, it helps me solidify my ideas, instead of creating a template myself. I like that it's highly customizable, I can do whatever I want, and anytime, I can edit it on many devices. It's user-friendly to newbies like me, it's very easy to set up, and has so many templates to choose from, although I wish there could be more. for the price that I'm paying for, I'm happy with my website, it gives me so much freedom on my website. Most importantly, it's shareable with any social media platform that I'm using.

Pros

I like that it gives me a lot of freedom to edit my website. I can easily upload photos, clips, add boxes, connect links and there are a lot of templates, I was just wishing that there could be more templates on specific niches. It is very user-friendly, and even me, when I use it the first time as a student way back in college, I never know that it's that easy to make a website that I can even brand myself in there. Now, that I'm using it professionally it saves me so much time as templates are provided and it's easy to edit everything. It gives me ideas on what to do and how to do it, it's great and eases my mind that I don't have to waste so much time adding new products on my site.

Cons

It lets me edit phone and PC websites but I just hope instead of me doing both the work editing two of them, It's going to be much easier if I finished the PC website and if a customer uses their phone it can be just automatically done and adjust itself on the screen. I like perfecting my website but I know a lot of people are using phones more when shopping online or even browsing, so I still need to make the phone site beautifully. So it's just a double job because i want them to look a like but screensize is different.

Squarespace, Weebly and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I think my college experience gives me a lot of ideas on choosing Wix. It was just easy to use and I really don't have to be a website designer or developer to have my own website that gives me freedom as much as Wix is giving me right now.
Susan
Susan

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

WIX Empowers Graphic Designers to Create Great Looking Websites

WIX makes building a quality website with multiple marketing tools affordable. For under $300 a year you can get a full-on website, CRM dashboard (like ZOLO), marketing tools (like Mail Chimp), calendar app, scheduling, online stores. I literally have built a 6-page website in a day. WIX has great customer support and will walk me through steps if I need any help.

Pros

As a BFA graphic designer and marketing consultant, until WIX came on the scene I had to rely on computer Word Press tech people to build my client's websites. I never was happy with the restrictive specs and boring look and feel. WIX modern templates can easily be customized. The drag and drop text blocks, strips, gallery templates, videos, forms, and more can be added and manipulated quickly. WIX has a lot of apps to add on - as well as SEO - get found on Google wizard tools. I no longer have to pay a 3rd party for the part of the website build. Adjusting the mobile version is also an intuitive process. Win-win website software. PLUS, it includes CRM tools, email / content push templates, analytics, and more.

Cons

One feature I miss is being able to do text wraps around images. They explained to me - that if they included the feature it messes with the auto-conversion into the mobile version. Which makes sense. Also it would be great if I had a media library I could use across all of my websites. Each site has its own media library. I understand Square Space has this feature, but it does not have all the other features WIX has I want.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Easy-to-use CMS Platform

Wix allows us to easily manage 5 active sites and create pop-up sites for conferences. Our sites range from blogging to event registration to general information/contact submission.

Pros

Wix is an incredibly versatile content management system for websites. It's both for a novice, and for a seasoned web developer. The more you grow in your knowledge, Wix is right there to give you the tools and resources you need to upgrade your site and make it better. This includes dynamic forms and pages along with stored databases.

Cons

The only slight issue/delay we had was setting up our storefront. We needed to integrate with Wix POS and that took about a day or so to get approved. We also had a little trouble with integrating a tax system, but they were minor delays.

WordPress, Squarespace and Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix is by far the easiest, most robust CMS on the market. It has a tremendous amount of add-ons to grow with us. We've added in blogs, event features, etc. that were incredibly easy to integrate into our sites without much hassle.

Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Again, easy-of-use and overall management of all of our sites in one place. Their storefront functionality is relatively easy to get up and running and also integrates with the Wix POS system for our in-person conferences.
Hanah
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Wix is My Favorite for Websites!

Overall, this Wix website site is amazing for bloggers and especially owners of businesses. I can't help but daily brag about this site and how easy it was for me to make one. I enjoy working daily on my websites because it brings inspiration and helps me to navigate my vision.

Pros

Wix is the main platform I use. I have tried many other website making sites and this one is my favorite. Wix gets the job done. I was able to create a few years ago many websites for my company and for my ministry without all of the hassle. The way Wix set everything up I had hundreds of ways to use each tool they had given for my website. The tools to fix up my website aren't complicated or confusing. I hate looking around for hours trying to figure out how to use a website. It is so frustrating and this made my life so much easier. I also like how the Wix website can help you create a blog page. I love to blog, so this was helpful. As, I was working on creating my Wix website I had loads of themes to use and tools. Wix has many options for the free users and for the premium users I noticed. I love how Wix is for all types of careers. People who want to start a small business or musicians. Also, I have noticed they have websites or tools for people who want to sell items. Wix is also useful for graphic designers. I also like how I am able to add photos, images, and website links to my official pages on Wix. I can also add social media symbols to link my social media pages to my Wix.

Cons

I really have no dislikes, but I would give a suggestion. I really hope Wix continues to update like they have been doing. I would love to see loads of more themes. They already have so much, but I would love to see more. More wouldn't hurt lol =)

Erik
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

Great for artists and start-ups

I keep coming back to Wix over Squarespace is because the pros outweigh the cons. It’s a lot of work to get things looking and functioning exactly as you want it to, but once it does then I can genuinely say it pays off in the end.

Pros

After years of coding my own sites, I took the plunge into Wix. At first it was to create a quick site for a musical we were producing and we got a deal for starting up. I must admit I was expecting a lot of limitations in design and not enough features to make it worth a full web campaign. I was surprised to find out how well Wix worked on many levels. Design: I have always felt boxed in with templates like Wordpress, but Wix allowed a lot of freedom in creating the look and feel I wanted. SEO: Wix had quickly established itself as a solid and reliable web creation platform that our search rankings were immediately higher than I’ve ever had.

Cons

My biggest dislike is with the mobile layout function and layout. I do like control of what you can see on mobile verses desktop, but I wish there could be more options. Also, because it’s not a dynamic template, you need to create two different layouts (desktop and mobile) which doubles the work time. Some may prefer this, but where it hits me is when you make a change in the desktop, any edits you thought you locked in on the mobile side are lost and you have to spend time making fixes. I wish there was a dynamic option that allowed for just one layout, but I guess that’s why there’s Squarespace.

Summer
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Its great for people who are not software developers but want to do it themselves

Overall I would recommend WIX and I have used it for 2 different businesses. One was a pet boarding facility and one a ladies salon. That shows how versatile the site is! I have only had a positive experience with it. I suspect if you needed a website that had sales and inventory you probably couldn't use this one (as far as I know, but again, I didn't actually pursue that).
The other thing was that it is very easy to modify and those modifications take effect very quickly.

Pros

The best thing is that it is EASY TO USE. I have no software experience but I was able to create 2 very professional looking websites (the first one, years ago; kittyritzq8.com and the second more recently eclipsesalonkwt.com) Both I was able to do entirely on my own. This is because the software is easy to use, is versatile and you can create multiple pages on the website easily.
Both websites I migrated from a different platform that had been done for me. The kittyritz one was difficult to migrate and I had to call the help desk. They were amazing and walked me through it... mind you this was years ago.
The templates were good ( I think there could have been more to choose from) but to be honest, both websites, I was able to do for purpose and both look good. The former I took down as I no longer have that business and the latter is still up and running, the new salon owner kept it (though she has changed it a tiny bit).
I was even able to add a blog page to the site.
If someone messaged from the site it got through.
In any case, the most attractive thing about wix and the reason I always recommend it is that it is easy to set up your own website. AND it is not expensive.
To be honest, if I set up a website for my current biz, I would use wix. It makes me totally self reliant. And on a tight budget that is what you need.

Cons

If I was going to fault something I would say more variability in templates.
There were a few things I could not do with it. But honestly I cant recall what it was. Probably more fancy things. I think I was not able to upload video (though I cant be sure if that was the software or me)

Briana
Briana

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Good enough for business websites that don't require complex builds or functionality

For businesses that do not require eCommerce functionality (purchasing goods online), I would say this is a great tool to get a beautiful website up-and-running in little to no time with all of the basic functionality needed to provide a good customer experience. I cannot speak for the eCommerce side as I have not had a client with these requirements but am curious to know how functional their tools are.

Pros

There is no real "onboarding" required for a tool like Wix. You can get a website skeleton stood up within 10 minutes or so, and the process for upgrading to a Premium account is painless. Migrating domains over from other providers (like GoDaddy) was surprisingly simple and was processed much faster than their anticipated wait times. I have built Wix sites for 3 separate clients at this point and have had no major issues to date.

Cons

This tool is not for experienced web developers, or at the very least does not allow them to customize the site properly in terms of proper HTML tagging. The SEO tool is too surface-level to allow for true optimization of the site. For instance I have recently discovered the nav bars across all three of my sites are not properly being picked up and indexed by Google, which is really affecting our SEO. There is no pre-built option for this in Wix and, as I am not a true developer, it will be challenging for me to fix on my own. The other small issue I have is with the number of email addresses that can be included on form submission alerts. Even for a premium account you can only have two people notified when a contact submission comes through, which is aggravating for an org with multiple people that need to be aware.

Zandrich

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Wix: Web Development Bulwark

My experience with Wix kicked off when they launched their HTML platform in 2012; a year later, I would find myself using Wix to study HTML by dissecting pre-built modules and whole websites in order to gain insight into their operation - then appropriating that knowledge to my own projects.

By late 2015, I was firmly established as a freelancer, offering web development as a service to my clients; it was then that I realised some projects need not be built from scratch, but instead were better suited for Wix - I used my existing knowledge of HTML, paired with the Wix platform, to build clean, fully-functional websites for my clients in no time at all, cutting costs and saving time for both myself and my clients. More recently, I've utilised Wix to help establish a presence on the internet for two of my startup companies.

I am very satisfied with Wix overall, and, as both developer and end-user, I've found no fault with their services over the course of six years.

Pros

Wix was designed and developed with untrained users in mind, people who work in fields unrelated to web development as a whole - the result is a simple, easy-to-use platform for basic web development, all without the need to spend two (or more) years mastering the HTML, Java, CSS and/or PHP languages. Overall, Wix has had a profound impact the success of small/medium startups, and will continue to disrupt the market by providing a means of developing beautiful websites to entrepreneurs for years to come.

Cons

The greatest downfall for Wix, and any similar service, is the nature of the service itself; using templates and ready-made code in order to work around building the website from scratch has as many benefits as it has downsides - for most, the functionality provided by Wix is absolutely sufficient, but for others the need for specialised functionality not facilitated by Wix will require hands-on coding and building.

Wix has been working around this problem by making the code accessible, and providing a more-than-adequate editor with which to amend the pre-written code, all the while expanding on the available code behind the tools a user can implement on a Wix site - ultimately, though, Wix does not support the full functionality behind HTML, Java, etc. that one would have access to when developing a website from scratch.

• Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

easy-to-use, intuitive drag-and-drop editor, but expensive

Overall, using WIX has been positive. Designing our website was easy and straightforward. However, the price is high, and we decided to look for alternatives.

Pros

While Wix's drag-and-drop editor is easy to use, editing can be slow at times due to the web browser’s inability to process data quickly. You can also create your own themes from scratch or choose from their existing ones if you prefer not to do so yourself. There are templates for specific industries like there are for Squarespace or Weebly, but this may be less necessary since you can design your own site as needed using Wix’s tools instead of relying on premade layouts designed by others who specialize in those fields.The site builder is easy to use and can help you create a professional-looking website in no time. Wix’s blog editor is easy to navigate, and there are many templates available for different types of blogs.

Cons

-Wix is expensive, especially if you end up needing more than one site.-The Wix App Market is not as robust as the WordPress Marketplace, but plenty of apps are still available.Additional email accounts are expensive, and you can only have one free domain. Wix’s website builder is the most popular but has drawbacks. The free version of Wix allows you to create a basic website with a handful of templates, but if you want to add more than one page to your site or use any of their premium features,

Weebly and Webnode

Reasons for Choosing Wix

WIX is more user-friendly and faster too.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

For its popularity and ease of use.
Howard
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Expert's point of view to Wix Website Builder

Pros

Being an expert in the web building niche, I have reviewed and tested dozens of website builders. This allows me to offers you the unbiased Wix review, providing the most substantial pros and cons of the system that can affect the website creation process as well as the result. My experience allows me to state that Wix is definitely the service, which is worth the attention of all users, with no exception at all. It is equally understandable to newbies and web design pros, which is explained by the intuitive nature, simplicity and variety of features the system unveils to ensure the unsurpassed web building experience. Wix has grown in popularity during the recent years - just have a look around to see how many websites have been created with it lately! The platform has won worldwide recognition, having replaced dozens of web design tools, which were popular before. Its customer base has exceeded 120 millions of users from around 200 countries of the world and it still keeps growing, which is another proof of the system’s usability, professionalism and quality. It is absolutely great for average users willing to launch decent websites for commercial or non-commercial use!

Wix is a universal WYSIWYG website builder, which allows creating different types of websites in a quick and hassle-free way. Wix is based on the SaaS platform, which allows users to create and manage their websites from any mobile device. A convenient drag-and-drop website editor makes it possible to add the blocks and adjust their positions to give a website the required design. No web design or coding skills are needed to do that - so intuitive, simple and user-friendly the system is.

Wix Editor and Wix ADI

Wix allows creating websites in two different ways depending upon the skills and knowledge of a user. Wix Editor is a standard option that offers an opportunity to select and customize a template that comes up to your needs most of all. Wix ADI is an advanced tool, which ensures smooth and intuitive web building process. What you have to do is to provide the info about your company and the system will automatically generate a website for you.

Mobile-Optimized Template Gallery

Wix has an extensive gallery of niche-specific mobile-optimized templates. The system also offers a set of advanced design customization tools that make it possible to give your website the preferred look and functionality. It is also possible to access Wix App Market here to choose between dozens of free and paid applications that can be integrated into your website to ensure stunning website performance.

Blogging and eCommerce Features

Apart from creating standard websites, Wix can be used as a blogging and eCommerce platform. This unveils lots of new opportunities to users, who intend to establish their own web-based businesses.

Affordable Pricing Policy

Wix pricing policy is worth the attention as well. It has a free unlimited plan, the functionality of which is enough to test all the features of the system and five paid plans with diverse functionality that may cover all the web building needs.

Cons

No Template Change Option

Wix doesn't allow changing the template on the go. Once you have chosen a theme to start your website with, you'll have to keep working with it. Otherwise, all the submitted content will be lost. This is a drawback for most inexperienced users, but it’s possible to avoid the problem by making the right choice.

Doubtful Connect Domain Plan

The Connect Domain Plan allows connecting a domain name to your website, but it does not remove the system ad from it. Thus, there is no need to invest into this plan. Instead, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the higher plans that come with no ads included.

These are only a few wix disadvantages, which, however, are not that crucial and can’t overwhelm the benefits of the system. As of today, Wix is, undoubtedly, the leader in the web design niche, which doesn’t have any similar rivals to compete with.