About The Mortgage Office

The Mortgage Office is a loan servicing solution designed for companies of all sizes. It offers loan tracking, payment processing, document storage, workflow automation and reporting functionalities within a suite. The product is...

4.7
4.8
4.7
4.8

Browse The Mortgage Office Reviews

Sandra
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Complete & Powerful Software Program with add on Modules giving you options to expand your...

Pros

The software handles all aspects of Loan Servicing within the program. The integration of the different modules makes using the program seamless. I have used several Forms Design programs in the past and the Custom Letters & Reports program is well designed and extremely east to use.

Cons

I have been involved in writing a custom Collection Program, integrating an Accounting Program with other Loan Servicing Software as well as using other Loan Servicing Software for 27+ years and by farm The Mortgage Office is the BEST. To answer your question what I like least about the program is that it is a Massive and covers every aspect of Loan Servicing; which makes it the BEST of programs.

Colette

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Mortgage office review

Pros

OVERALL EASE OF USE. So many features.

Cons

unfortunately, we were sold the origination module and were not aware that it won't work for us. we tried to get a refund but were told we signed a contract. was a very expensive mistake.

Robert

Reviewed on 03/08/2017

Owned for over three years. Very complex, Updates routinely have major bugs. Understaffed...

We service a private loan portfolio and prepare 1098 forms for borrowers. This has worked well in the past, but current bugs are causing concern that the 1098 forms will need to be double checked during the very busy month of January.

Pros

The concept and theoretical flexibility of the software is really cool. The reports are generally well formatted. Borrower communication options are varied and allow easy email, but the calculations need to be correct.

Cons

Very complex, takes months to learn to use. Easily allows problem entries. Support is pleasant, but lacks everyday use knowledge. 4 to 6 steps required for tasks like simply advancing interest on a construction loan. Tracking of % complete and % disbursed on construction takes longer in The Mortgage Office than in a simple Excel spreadsheet. Over the last year the whiz bang modules that they are adding look great, but as updates occur with the main, modules of servicing, the lack of testing is clear as each update precipitates major bugs which cost my staff scores of hours. Customer service is helpless as they are not prepped for the updates and typically don't have the operating expertise to comprehend the full scope of the problem. , but they are nice people. Support calls are seldom answered within an hour. Typically it's about a 24 hour turnaround, with a call to us (Mountain Time) just about the time my staff is walking out the door.

Top The Mortgage Office Alternatives

Salesforce Sales Cloud

LOAN SERVICING SOFT

Mortgage Automator

Emily
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 01/11/2022

Great Product for what is was designed for!

Pros

Once you get a handle on the product, it is very easy to use and navigate. Lots of helpful reports and tips and tricks to making loan servicing a lot simpler.

Cons

I do feel as though it takes a little time to get a handle on how to use and navigate the program. Especially if you're just getting your feet wet in this type of programming or industry.

Maria
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Director Of Community Development Liaison

I love tmo the portal its easy to use with making payment with ach. debit or credit, Everything is needed in the portal with history, messages, servicing, tax forms if needed if not you can email the servicer you're with if needed help. Its very easy to use and a great software.

Pros

Its very easy to use, If help is needed there's videos if you need to learn about anything, Its easy to make a payment or view clients information, If you need to reach out there's an email contact them and will help you fast.

Cons

i wish the portal has a way to show the exact payoff amount because clients always payoff what ever number they see in the portal and expect its that.

Jerrel

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Big Fan

very good experience

Pros

It's easy to use, helps me create a positive impression with borrowers and makes running my business easy.

Cons

Id love a plugin that helped more with escrow management, calendering and managing tax and ins payments. I use TLO and it is not available. Id also like to transfer my several loan files to the online system, but my setup makes this impractical.

Tiffany

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Tmo review

We love TMO we wish we knew how to use it to its full extent

Pros

It keeps track of everything we need it to

Cons

The setup we’ve had it for a few years had [SENSITIVE CONTENT] come twice paid 10k for that and it’s still inputted incorrectly to where it does not function for us the way we need it to so we cannot pull the reports we need

Lynnora

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

TMO Review

TMO is the first program that I have used for loan services and feel this is the best there is. The TMO team is very helpful and will work with you when you are in need of assistance, without complaint ;-)

Pros

The software is very user friendly. The TMO staff is always willing to help with a smile on their faces.

Cons

There is no way to remove closed loans from the listings and from web listing (USIO).

Adam

Reviewed on 01/11/2022

Professional software

We need an all in 1 servicing software for 10,000 unique accounts, this software can help automate and streamline the servicing process.

Pros

This software has all the functionality you will need.

Cons

We have a complex migration from various old systems to TMO, it is a process to get the data converted.

Murphy

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Amazing product

Pros

This product is easy to use, and has an amazing support staff behind the product who will help every step of the way.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I do not like.

Nordany

Flexible Software

I have experienced worst after testing four other loan software. This is the best so far.

Pros

It a spreadsheet format for customers' main screen which is downloadable to Excel. Allows for flexibility of how data is displayed through "Smart Views." Though one would need help from Support to figure out the correct string to use. It allows for credit reporting, which a lot of our customers want.

Cons

The base Loan Origination module does not allow for payments to be divided monthly evenly if the first payment due date is not 30 days from contract signing. Tends to create balloon payments for that reason. One could pay to add another part to the software to take care of that issue. But in addition to paying for the upgrade one also pays 17% of that purchase price quarterly. Which leads to another minus of increased monthly cost the most modules are added. This is true of any additions one makes to the software, whether ACH processing modules or Loan Origination module etc.. So, it really increases the monthly costs of the software, after initial purchase price, the more trimmings you want with it. It is a good software, But, make sure to take into account not just the initial cost of all modules but also the extra monthly 17% or so of the purchase price that will have to be paid.

Eric

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

Top-knotch product

It's been spectacular.

Pros

It's a great platform. What I like most is the developers are constantly making valuable improvements to the software. When new releases are launched, all involved are excited to see the new features. We've seen the software evolve in the last 10 years and it is now just as good, if not better than the most expensive products available. As a loan servicing company, we've seen data arrive from other servicers who utilize different software providers and we can quickly distinguish that TMO is a far superior product.

We also utilize a lot of custom SQL scripts that make large edits extremely easy to do.

The escrow module is second to none.

Cons

There is a small learning curve and it did take us some behind-the-scenes SQL customizations to accomplish our goals. I have nothing negative to say, it's truly the best.

Nick
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Thankful for The Mortgage Office

The people that work there are friendly and honest. Every time I have talked to somebody they have gone out of their way to be open and truthful, even if it is not the answer we wanted to hear. I greatly appreciate it. This is true from our salesman (extremely wonderful), to the help desk and to our trainer.
What really impressed me, during our training, If trainer did not know the answer, he did not try to pull the wool over our eyes and make some fictitious answer up to make himself look good. He just simply admitted that he did not know the answer and that he would research it and get back to us later. Which he did within the same day.

Pros

Before we had The Mortgage Office we had 300+ loans all on Excel Spreadsheets. We had to keep them there because of the "originality" of our notes. We could not find a software that could handle all of our quirks. Needless to say, working with our mortgages was extremely time-consuming.

Not only is The Mortgage Office saving us massive amounts of time, But It CAN also handle all of our quirks.

As a side note, their help desk is friendly and very knowledgeable.

Cons

The biggest con to this software is the setup, it takes time to do it correct. However, I would rather take the time to go through all the steps to set up a note and have all the information I need, compared to doing the minimal amount of setup and regretting it later.
To be fair to The Mortgage Office, there is a way to upload all your existing notes via a CSV file, we just opted not to do it.

Kevin

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

The Mortgage Office for Servicing

No more guess work on interests that are owed especially, on Construction loans, where the interest is always increasing as the balance is increasing.

The Mortgage Office helps easily keep track of everything so you do not miss out on any interest owed.

Pros

It is really easy to set up and start servicing loans right out of the box. If you do not understand a feature or option, the Support team is always ready and willing to help you out and explain them so you can better use the software.

Cons

At first, it is a lot to take in on how to use the software, but once you learn the workflow, (or attend the seminar) it puts everything in order and it is easier to understand why things are done the way they are.

Brett

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Should've bought it years earlier!

I've used different loan servicing products over the years, and The Mortgage Office is hands down light years ahead of other systems I would know because I purchased and used 3 other products! Each one I bought was mainly based on cost (they were cheaper). I really wish I had bought The Mortgage Office the first time around. It's very easy to use, the tech people are fantastic, and it's a robust system that has bulletproof calculations and does everything a private lender could ever dream of. Whether running statements or filtering loans by type, everything is just a click or two away. I am very happy with this software great product, great company, great time in place. I highly recommend it for anyone servicing loans it's a great value.

Pros

It's a powerful product that I love using every day. Very, very happy.

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

TMO Review

Our experience has been overwhelmingly positive with TMO. I have recommended the software to several organizations in our space.

Pros

I have been using TMO for several years. The ability to do so many things with so few clicks of the mouse is great. When it comes to loan originations, servicing or mortgage pools nothing beats TMO.

Cons

The cons of TMO are that there are some simple things that could be updated but sometimes it takes them a while to make the change. I am sure this is true with all software.

Loren
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

So functional!

My overall experience has been pleasant. After the training, it was realized that we could use many other parts of this software in other parts of our daily business. We have even seamlessly added another kind of loan service for our citizens.

Pros

The smart views is my favorite place to be in The Mortgage Office. This application makes it simple to group different kinds of loans together and see that total of that type of loan. The attachments in each loan folder has also helped us cut down on the hard files that were being stored.

Cons

I do not have a least favorite function.

Chuck

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Essential to our business!

Our company has been in business for over 50 years. We've been using ABS software products as they update for 40 years! We depend on their updates, their techs, their training of staff and their customer service ever day. We view The Mortgage Office as a partner in our continued growth and success.

Pros

We rely uppdates, training and the loan service programs

Cons

The updates require a good deal of downtime.

Denise

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Business Partner No 1

Great responsive, prompt and friendly support. The software gives you the ability to accommodate volume as your business grows.

Pros

Streamline company procedures and management of database. The Smart Views and Categories component make the portfolio management much easier.

Cons

Annul Escrow Analysis . Did not work as smoothly and statement to the borrower is confusing . The servicing fee is listed as "insurance" instead of servicing fee.

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

Great Experience

The Mortgage Office has done a great job of adapting for the Canadian Market. The software and support provided for an easy transition for us. Thanks to The Mortgage Office we were able to discard our previous software which had dissappointed us and get up and running with The Mortgage Office in surprising time. Our investors are thrilled with the reports they receive generated by the program.

Pros

It is reliable, generally provides a user friendly experience, is quick to get going and/or transition and provides robust customizable reports which our investors really like.

Cons

The software has many templates with built in functionality which for the most part is fantastic. On the downside it is difficult if not impossible to change some of the reports to add explainations such as a discharge statement or the like.

Michelle

Reviewed on 30/01/2017

We Passed Our Audit!

We were recently audited by the California Bureau of Real Estate. The auditor came into the office, realized we were using The Mortgage Office for all of our loan servicing, asked for specific reports (because they were so personally familiar with the software) and never asked another question! They trusted our information, knowing fully that the software would report any discrepancies in our business practices. Audits are so stressful but because we used this software, it was a BREEZE! And so nice to know that a state agency fully trusts it as well.

Pros

This software KNOWS the business of loan servicing

Cons

Tech support is wonderful but trying to find solutions to your questions on your own can be very difficult. The help functions are not thorough

Tommy

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Tech support from TMO is the gold standard

We had an issue with an update and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made sure that we were back up and running without losing any data.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the tech support department was a great help and will be my go to when I need help with TMO.
Friendly, professional and fast. It is greatly appreciated!

Cons

Would like to see more options with hiding paid out accounts on the system.

Cathy
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

The Mortgage Office/ BEB Capital

Staying on top of our Investors (Lenders) monthly distributions and overall investment portfolio, has made the first year of our lending platform operate quite efficiently.

Pros

The Mortgage Office is an extremely efficient program that helps us manage every aspect of our loans. We are able to produce a wide range of reports at the click of a button.

Cons

I am satisfied with the software, and going forward I would like to see the option of changing our Lender rate after a loan closes. This would be helpful to manage our leveraged loans.

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

A true revelation for those in the private money lending industry.

It has given our company the tools needed to service our growing portfolio with ease.

Pros

The flexibility of customizing the various features to fix any private lending business model. The Mortgage Office is constantly evolving and fills many needs all in one.

Cons

It can be costly to get going. There are a lot of different add-on modules that may be needed to get the software to perform what you want it to.

Laurie
  • Industry: Banking

TMO Review

Pros

We use this product to service our loans. It is easy to use and track data

Cons

The only thing I am not liking at the moment is that since moving to Amazon Workspace and having to use Work Docs to save reports that you have to pull from Work Docs and save to internal server for other employees to have access to.