Streak Reviews

About Streak

Streak is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution that helps small to large enterprises manage projects and fundraising campaigns via Gmail. Users can automatically receive task details in the inbox and sort...

Browse Streak Reviews

Romy
Romy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

Personalized Email Blast? Streak is the man!

This is the best platform so far out there that I've used in terms of sending emails, managing emails, and tracking the open rate and the acceptance rate of my emails.

You can also schedule an email sending time using Streak which is pretty awesome!

Pros

I've been in the recruiting field for more than two years now, and it has been a bottleneck for me sending emails outside of our candidate database. I usually do this whenever I need to update the candidates regarding next steps, and also if they have been turned down by the client after our presentation call with them.

What I usually do before is to send each candidate an email even if the context is just the same. This dilemma has been resolved by Streak! I was able to maintain the personal connection atmosphere with my candidates with the use of just a few seconds. All you need to do is to put the details of the candidate plus any personalized matter you want to add in the email context on a csv comma delimited excel sheet.

One more good thing about Streak is that you can schedule when an email should be sent. You can also monitor the acceptance and the open rate of your emails via Streak. Truly, Streak is the best platform for sending and email management.

Cons

I really don't have negative experience with Streak! I really love how the platform helped me do my job responsibilities without compromising human touch. Maybe this message is a sort of recommendation. I hope they can upgrade their system so that they too will upgrade to an applicant tracking system. If that time come, I will propose this to our company since I know Streak will help us in driving great ROI, and client engagements.

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

Everything for free

We were looking for email tracking. Categorising emails based on conversations. Only thing is streak would integrate every email of the customer in a single thread. Though it is a great advantage, sometimes the feature has downsides too. We need to sit and pre edit and then send email to our customer.

Pros

It's very difficult to get any tool for free and streak does it with no strings attached. Now you can easily track emails and send attachments via streak. Best part of streak being you can integrate it with gmail and easily classify them.
The eye icon is exciting and turns green when a person has opened his or her email. I like the fact you can categoris data.

Cons

It occupies entire Gmail. UI can be a bit better.
Like I need to scroll to see how many opens have been made by clicking the eye icon.
No other cons so far.

Hunter

Reasons for Choosing Streak

Looked at a free crm tool to track emails and also integrate my customers emails and not just look at Gmail separately and track customer conversation and data in a different window.

Freshsales

Reasons for Switching to Streak

We were only looking at free tools as we did not have a budget. Streak came as a blessing in disguise. It was suggested by another colleague.
Ben
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

Complete disrespect for loyal users (disgusting price increase/cash grab)

It's been fine. The tool works, support is sluggish and sometimes completely unresponsive, requiring follow-ups to get things actioned. Would not trust them.

Pros

It was a great lightweight tool for the beginning of our start-up, and managed to grow a little with our team. Works really well with Gmail.

Cons

Streak charges as though it's a fully-fledged CRM, but it is JUST a Gmail plugin; with huge platform risk should Google decide to stop supporting it. On top of this, they jacked up their pricing – not just for new seats, which would be fair – but for existing seats for very loyal customers; a cynical cash grab. We're talking a 34% increase. Just disgusting. Going back and forth with the FOUNDER, he still couldn't understand our point of view. We have now reduced our spend as much as possible ahead of moving away from them to an alternative platform without the Gmail plugin risks. If I were Streak, I'd be selling ASAP before the whole company tanks. Please think about the above before going with Streak, they have no loyalty, nor should their customers.

Pipedrive, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

It was all we needed at the time, and worked with our existing workflow. It was also cheap to begin with.

Top Streak Alternatives

Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

Incredibly useful CRM that integrates into Gmail

Overall, Streak is a simple, but useful CRM solution that seamlessly integrates into Gmail. This service is helpful for getting any startup off the ground by helping to organize and manage leads in straightforward way.

Pros

I love that Streak integrates seamlessly into my Gmail inbox. I always keep a tab open for Gmail on my desktop so my CRM is readily available. Streak is so easy to setup and works great for organizing both my personal and professional life. I use Streak to setup pipelines for managing hundreds of contacts across different functions such as sales, affiliate partnerships, vendors, and more. The contact management aspect is highly customizable to capture as much info as needed and the paid plans scale to fit my growing needs.

Cons

I wish the free plan allowed more features and flexibility. This would have been particularly useful when my number of boxes / contacts were growing and I needed to test shared / collaborative features more thoroughly for onboarding early hires.

Bart
Bart
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

Live in gmail all day? This is the tool for you

Used it for over 2 years and absolutely loved it. The fact that I needed a more powerfull solution beyond tracking mails towards deal flow follow-up, chat embeds, forms etc made us look for a total solution. As a starter however, the solution was just fine.

Pros

1) Gmail first...
Activate the plugin and it just works, right where you need it: inside Gmail. Not having to move between windows or different tools makes it a big benefit to use Streak over others. It works with labels, provides direct & clear insights in your mailbox.

2) Collaboration... in gmail
We used Streak as a team. Sharing is easy as all mails are shared over 'boxes'.

Cons

1) lack of an evenly good mobile solution
They have an app that 'works', but it is not at the same level as their desktop gmail experience.

2) lack of featuers
No sequences were the major reason to stop using Streak.

Salesflare and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

We now use Hubspot, but back then it was too feature-packed. Salesflare was back then less integrated with gmail, so we opted for Streak.

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

Finally, a easy CRM

Easy, efficient, definitely help to keep me organized

Pros

Very flexible. Streak can be as basic or as detailed as needed. I just need something basic but quickly found I can expand its functionality. Their support pages are easy and clear. Video how tos are short sweet and comprehensive

Cons

No cons yet. Also, if there was a con, I could customize to remove the con

Zoho CRM and Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Streak

Switched because there was too much info to enter in the other products that I didn't need and were mandatory.

Zoho CRM and Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to Streak

Ease of use. Could be customized to be exactly what I needed
Timothy
Timothy
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 09/01/2024

CRM Swiss Army Knife

If you are considering an easy hassle-free email management extension, you've come to the right place. You can see if the mail is being opened, and it converts into a CRM to manage everything. One plus is that I can't remember paying for it so it must be a value.

Pros

It was easy to implement into Google Workspace, they don't hassle you with upsells. The email UI was user-friendly & intuitive. They also had a Chrome extension.

Cons

I can't think of anything major. I think they could have more tutorials, but I was able to seek those through social media.

Pipedrive and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Streak

Too overwhelming, the other software tried to do too much, and you needed a doctorite to use it.

Zoho Desk and HubSpot CRM
Caitlyn
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

LOVE this product!

Pros

The ease to add and track leads within your pipeline is great! You can easily and quickly update your contacts! The email reminders are great as well!

Cons

I wish that when you enter a follow up date on the main screen it would automatically set the email reminder instead of going into the contact. (However this could be a user error)

Clayton
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

A Very Useful Product

Pros

I enjoy and prefer to use Streak in my email campaigns for monitoring email deliveries and opens.

Cons

There are no negatives that I can think of at this time.

Shreya
Shreya

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Seamless Integration with Gmail to track Read emails

Pros

It gives a complete trail of interaction with the sent email, which was very helpful when I was in Sales and wanted to track how interested different potential clients could be

Cons

CRM was a bit tricky so maybe that can be made easier to work for a newbie

Goran
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 16/08/2022

Rough around the edges

I used Streak to follow acquisition of customers from cold contact to successful contract, and then, in another pipeline, how far along we are in our business relationship. If things would not move for a while, that identified a red flag I would investigate. If it wasn't for the inherent bugginess and general sluggishness of Streak, we would still be using it to this day as its integration with Gmail is just a fantastic idea.

Pros

It integrates directly to Gmail, and that alone makes it good. You open your Gmail, like you open it every morning and your CRM is good to go!

Cons

This thing is riddled with bugs and glitches. Often it would just not load and I would sit staring at a blank screen. Other times, it would load, but would completely choke my processor. A few times, it crashed my browser.

Zoho CRM and Freshsales

Reasons for Switching to Streak

We felt it was incredible how well it integrated in our processes and how easy it was to open it every morning without even thinking about having to do it.
Kamlesh
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Streak is awesome and the best in class for email integrated CRM.

Overall experience has been great and it has been a life saver. A lot could be improved though like automating the workflow of adding leads from emails, auto reminding about contacting leads.

Streak has features on the free version, which no other crm has (in our knowledge) llike mail merge for your leads, magic columns, clean interface needing very little training, email integrated. Its a blessing!

Pros

Streak is awesome and the best in class for email integrated CRM, particularly small businesses that work on gmail. It has a clean excel like interface & they developed an App and gave it in free version very early on.

It is something every self employed must use and can use. It is a no brainer, goto CRM, compared to all other CRMs out there. We evaluated many CRMs 10 years back, when we first started with Streak.

Cons

For a small company to get onto the paid version, the starting plan is a little expensive for small team. They should make it cheap for upto 3 employees, so a lot more small companies can afford it.

They limit upto 50 boxes for leads on free version, that is a little too less, because not all leads are able to convert. With a little ads, you actually get a lot of leads, so a minute of 100 leads should be allowed.

Also on the free plan, they don't allow you to share the pipeline with someone above 50 leads, they should allow to share with tleast 1 employee so that it doesn't cripple a small biz and they dont' go hunting for a new crm.

Streak doesn't have good videos to boot-up a new customer quickly.

Aline
Aline
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

Streak is exactly the CRM I was looking for

Streak listens to their customers and is constantly improving. They reply quickly and are professional and courteous.

Pros

Streak allows me the flexibility to manipulate my data the way I want to without going from module to module. The integration with my email is the icing on the cake! The ability to access all my data from one location saves time and time is money!

Cons

There is not much that I don't like but their is one option that is a thorn in my side. Since they integrate with Gmail and I have been told that they cannot do anything about this, oh well. It is recommended to turn on CONVERSATION VIEW in Gmail. I will never do this. Every day, my emails are linked to multiple people and what a disaster it is to keep those emails straight. I cannot pull up sent emails because of that and I'm hoping that someday, there will be a fix.

Frank

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Streak CRM has completely simplified all aspects of Event Management for my Banquet department.

Pros

I've worked in large hotels that have full and dedicated Catering programs to handle bookings. The hotel I'm working at ran all their banquets using a manual system. Well, I had to change that right away, so I started using everything Google to get a rudimentary system up and running. Then, just by chance, I found Streak CRM in the chrome store and downloaded it. When I had it up and running in Gmail, I noticed they had a pre-defined pipeline for Event Planning. I was sold.
Everything I designed in Google Drive integrates into Streak Boxes. All correspondences to conveners have all the email threads, documents, contracts, and catering details are all right there and handy in each Streak Box View.
The design team for Streak CRM is very active. Since I've been using Streak for the past 2 years, there have been many upgrades and additional tools added to Streak that just makes it all that more powerful.

Cons

Streak integrates nicely with Google Drive or G-Suite, but its integration with Google Calendar could use some improvement - for example, I use a separate calendar for each meeting and banquet rooms for booking. When I create a new box in Streak I can send that information to a Streak Calendar. It would be nice to be able to assign specific calendars to send information to from Streak.

Yaroslav
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Best tool for Sales, HR and Marketing when team works with Gmail

Pros

*Business features

while tracking email you can see who has opened it and react fast and surprise a customer or a person you work with. Makes work very comfortable

*Integration

Streak is tightly integrated within Gmail account and creates its own tab where you can have a personal CRM view

* Contacts and additional features

Streak has a great way of associating each contact with a specific deal (box) which makes it easy to use gmail for sales. For example, I can easily message all people related to the issue without ever searching for the addresses.

*Functionality of Streak is incredible it has everything

You can do mass mail check if people saw your email and track when and how it has been opened.

Cons

In terms of functionality It can be a bit faster. Also, I believe, Streak team will work regarding more customization and create more options for users to adjust the plugin to the needs of the company

UI needs some work. It does not seem welcoming and even if it has all the features, some user might just get confused.

Alisha

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

Streak review

Pros

I appreciated how simple the interface is, as well as Streak's commitment to assisting teams in streamlining their workflow and becoming more productive. It's also very easy to use, with a simple interface and helpful tutorials to get you up and running quickly. It's also a big plus if you're able to quickly customize pipelines, manage tasks, and collaborate with coworkers. Finally, I like how Streak integrates with other well-known tools like Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack.

Cons

The lack of customization options is my least favorite aspect of Streak. The platform's ability to customize to specific needs and workflows is limited, making it difficult to manage complex data sets and processes.

juan jose
juan jose

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

The best way to enhance your Gmail.

Excellent applications that allows you to power your gmail by offering a CRM service for email that will speed up your time, simulating a personal deal with each client.

Pros

Streak is like having an assistant perpetually in your gmail with zero cost, when you want to give a better service to your customers, to make them feel like they are your number one priority, you need to answer their emails instantly writing them in the first hour, and respond at the moment , here where this excellent tool helps you, you can schedule the mail out at the time you want, so all your customers will receive your mail first thing in the morning, making them feel like your priority, you can create templates to streamline the response time and knowing the scope it has also serves to know how many people saw it and who could be interested, there are many possibilities of this tool and it depends on your imagination to give it the best possible use, but it is wonderful.

Cons

If you want a complete CRM does not work because it is limited to the area of email, but there are many possibilities and also is free.

Margaret

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Manage Customer Path within Gmail in Full Color

Pros

Great for a visually minded person! I set up my Sales pipeline in rainbow order colors. As an artist, I am very color-motivated. I can see an overview of the progress of each lead to developing the quote, invoicing, paid, in progress in the studio, made, shipped, and follow up for thanks. Each client has their own box where I can put all their gmail communication, and image files and documents are extracted so I don't have to hunt for them. I use the free version, and and as a solopreneur haven't had the need for the functions more suited to a larger company with employee teams.

Cons

I wish the boxes showed up in my gmail on all my devices. I use Streak on my desktop, and the app for Android doesn't get good reviews.

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

What would I do without Streak?

The biggest benefit is being able to schedule an email reminder weeks or months out -- about something I need to take care of at some later date. I'm able to then put that thing out of my mind, freeing up space for things I need to deal with sooner.

Pros

The biggest value I get from Streak is to schedule emails to re-appear in my inbox at a later scheduled time. I use this feature for all sorts of reasons:

1. to remind myself to check in on tasks I've delegated, or questions I've asked that haven't yet been answered
2. To procastinate emails I don't want to deal with right away -- but still practicing "inbox zero"
3. I'm in fundraising and make a lot of "asks" by email. They often don't get a response, and I have to remind the recipient that I'm waiting for a response. With Streak I'm able to schedule regular check-ins, and can put the request out of my mind, knowing that Streak will take care of it for me.

Cons

I do get errors from time to time ("Streak failed") and the error reports don't give me sufficient information to track down what happened.

Ani
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Streak is fantastic!

I use it manage my client leads and partnerships.

Pros

It keeps my entire CRM in my inbox, saving me a ton of time. It also has a ton of amazing automated features like 'Date of Last Email' that automatically calculate my last interaction, and then allow me to filter on that later. It has things I didn't even know I needed! My entire team uses it and we can share pipelines across email addresses. It's how all CRMs should be--live directly in your inbox (with you an integration, with out an additional data entry step, it practically does the data entry for you!).

Cons

It's not super intuitive. Every time I want to set up a new feature I can't just play around with it, I have to watch a video for fear of messing something up or because it's not super clear as to how it works. It's also a bit pricey for a small solo-preneur.

German

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

Streak is all you can ask from a CRM right inside your gmail. In fact, it is much more than a...

Our sales workflow is smooth thanks to streak

Pros

Streak is ver flexible. It adapts very well to different scenarios. Whether customer relationships, Human Resources hiring, bug tracking, you name it. Basically it is a full stack workflow management tool. The custom columns, email tracking, integration with third party thru Zapier, contact and organizations, collaborative and reactive environment are among the things we most like.

Cons

Honestly, there aren't many thing I don't like. The contacts in my opinion were not very well handled, but they recently came with a new solution I believe to be spot on. Sometimes I wish I could have a little more control on who sees what.

'Rowdie' Mitch
'Rowdie' Mitch

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

Easy to use, does everything I need for a CRM. No more switching between windows all in Gmail.

Simplicity, and measurability. If you take the time to set it up correctly, you will have measurable goals for your sales team to hit and can run reports needed. Also you can stay on top of your clients with this software too.

I can also see things and update things in the mobile app which is helpful being a salesman on the road.

Pros

I really love how simple it is. I explain to the team its like a sophisticated spreadsheet. It gives reminders and simple reports which is everything I need. Best part is it lives in Gmail.

Cons

I wish the mobile app was better. Also having a few more options and better contact management would be great. Automatic email filters would be amazing rather than always adding things to boxes.

Devlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

A needed solution for my 1 person business

I'm new to Streak, but I already see how this software will solve my CRM problem. I was trying to use Hubspot, but it's just not built for either single person businesses, nor for odd email systems like Etsy uses. It also had tons of clunky features that just are excessive. I will definitely be recommending this to friends who use Gmail for sales, customer service and order management. It gives me the functionality I need, and the ability to add more, without making things so complicated that it's not worth the bother. I'm sold!

Pros

I've checked out many CRMs but they are generally set up for teams. This one has team functionality, but I don't need that. I need to be able to track customers, leads, and orders just for myself! I also sell a lot through Etsy, so my order emails and client contacts are all under their email. With most automation, that would mean that it would be lumped under one contact, but with Streak's excellent use of "Boxes", I'm able to sort even those emails and track specific orders on an individual basis. Plus, since it's private, Streak doesn't charge me.

Cons

Figuring out how this would best work for me is always the biggest challenge, but after watching their on-demand setup video, I was able to sort it out. Sometimes the language used for specialized software is out of my vernacular, but it's fairly easy to pick up. I'm not yet seeing many cons.

Abiola
Abiola
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

A customer relationship management tool inside my inbox.

Pros

Streak lives as a CRM add-on to my Google mail account.I use Gmail as my personal email ,and it thus makes sense to have my streak within reach for everytime I am live on my Gmail account.Allowing me measure the workflow of my team from start to finish right from my Gmail.
In all , Streak keeps my team better organized ,and makes it appear simple managing email at scale.

Cons

Unintuitive updates are a big setback for Streak.However I will think it just makes common sense ,if we can have Streak integrate with other email providers apart from Gmail .Not everyone is obliged to have a gmail account.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

Streak for Account Management

Using it because it's so integrated into the company structure. Wish we could use something with more bells and whistles.

Pros

The visualization are great! I do like how easy it is to tag emails retroactively.

Cons

I don't like how it seems so disorganized. I wish boxes were easier to organize and you could associate a child org with te primary org.