About SocialSchedules

SocialSchedules is a cloud-based employee scheduling solution designed to help small to large businesses in the restaurant, hospitality, retail and other sectors. It allows managers to communicate with field employees through...

Browse SocialSchedules Reviews

Carlos T. Carlos T.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Work hours programming platform for companies

We are sure that Opensinsin, is on a good path to be a platform that provides a service that amalgams with a vital recuse and is the time to help with the needs of people how to manage their time at work and how to dispose Exchange schedules with coworkers and other virtues that allows the Opensisin platform in our case we within the company are grateful to meet their services and thus be able to organize in an optimal way the most valuable resource that for us the time of our employees and thus have more happy and motivated employees and managers when giving them the ideal tool to have their working hours. it resulted in positive changes for the productive development of the company

Pros

In our successful experience with OpenSimSim, I manage to solve an internal problem in the company and to make an hourly schedule of our employees making its use easy, ease of configuration, the configurations are quite clear. The most practical is that they receive the schedules, they are published on their mobile devices in real time, helping to maintain a reciprocal communication, another very appropriate faculty, because it is free for managers and employees, which gives an additional bonus to this platform, that help
to companies that have workers for a certain time. OpenSimSim gives its users the power to create a program through proven programming templates where they see staff availability and the hours worked are displayed and are more accurate for our workflow, which seeks to achieve and optimize a Correct performance of our employees, which helps managers avoid inconvenience or confusion in relation to the extra overtime so far you have the virtue of visualizing the budget allocated and thus monitor labor costs in real time to keep track of the budget of The company, another useful and pragmatic virtue, is being able to have contact via chat being able to write messages with employees and management, in addition to being able to install a mobile application from smartphones wherever it is, this innovative application allows employees of our company who make purchases and sales of raw materials or product s finished, maintaining a schedule that can be modified by us

Cons

to our experience with OpenSimSim, and the little that could be highlighted as negative or enhance improvements in the characteristics and capabilities of precarious synchronization, which as a constructive criticism can be enriched between the application of the computer and the Smartphone, for the better performance, contact lists must be optimized for use and all personnel, phone numbers and emails can be accessed to be able to exchange shifts with anyone on the contact list, even if they have a different schedule. Currently, the function of exchange and allocation of these hours since what we have seen is that it is available to those who have a clear availability of hours on the platform. Shift change is very important in all lines and departments, since what is sought is that employees are without worries about how to organize their time for better performance since one of the most valuable resources is time for both growth of the company like that of employees and their free time and how to manage it, in terms of organization when printing schedules, everything should be organized from the platform and thus avoid having to go to Excel and place the calendar information of work are better digestible to the understanding of the employees, also organizing by start date and an end date can illustrate how Anasa does it on her platform just to mention as an example and adapt it to the OpenSimSim platform, also look for ways to automate as well as edit the master lists and a

Mark G. Mark G.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

OpenSimSim for rostering

extremely positive. Opensimsim has given us increased productivity and efficiency. Communication between all staff is easy and encouraged through this software. Overall it saves so much time, is flexible, is easy, fast and overall reliable.

Pros

Ease of use by managers, administrators and regular staff. Straight forward and up to date, even old timers can quickly gain the skills to use opensimsim. I love how you can select particular staff, times, breaks and see a total hours per week. Shift dropping and swapping is also a function that helps take stress off myself as a coordinator. the messaging tool is great also and saves some time in last minute needs and cuts out emails.

Cons

This software works perfectly for my personal use.
Another department here onsite use opensimsim for their rostering but use the publishing option to send out shifts for the whole department at once. They do seem to have trouble working around this but are quite new to the tool as well

Steve Z. Steve Z.

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

Close other programs and OpenSimSim

It lets me see my day to day Labor percent and the actual cost with breaks of how much I will be paying my employees each week. I can better watch labor and adjust accordingly. The experience is great. I tried a few different programs and nothing compares to the simplicity, the easy navigation and the information it supplies to better control your costs. Not to mention my employees love it.

Pros

The software is super easy to navigate and its all very basic to learn. You can control your costs and see your weekly world all right on the program. I recently opened up a store and the Owner wanted me to use a different program and it is a nightmare compared to the simplicity yet efficiently of Opensimsim. Opensim sim does all the work for you.

Cons

Nothing so far. I had trouble and was a little frustrated trying to figure out how to give employees individual pay, but the OpenSimSim staff walked me thru it and now it makes complete sense. They were very patient and tried different things to show me how it worked. I know I was not the easiest person at the time to work with but they helped me figure it out and now that I understand how to enter it. It is awesome.

Top SocialSchedules Alternatives

Pete C. Pete C.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great piece of software

One of the best scheduling tools I have used in a long time and its absolutely free! so Please keep it that way. You can set up as many work places on OpenSimSim and manage them from one place.

Pros

Live scheduling tool, any changes is immediately sent to the relevant people. Team can book time off on the software. There is an app for everyone to use. Its simple and not bulky. Gives you a breakdown of cost per day. You can have offsite working.

Cons

Not having the ability to talk to SAP Payroll. Not having the ability to input other breaks in a shift (paid and unpaid) you can only put one break in.

Lee J. Lee J.

Excellent Addition For My Team

I have worked in the Operational Management sector for many years and always found employees coming up with new excuses when not turning up for work or 'I didn't know I was in'. This cuts all this out as it verifies when shifts have been confirmed by employees. It also cuts out tons of paper when doing shift swaps, annual leave and printing out rostas saving time and money.

Pros

Firstly I use the standard version so it's free, one of the only free rostering software packages I could find

Cons

Lack of auditing tools. I would have liked to be able to track back who has authorised annual leave and also have the ability to input sickness etc

Maggie B. Maggie B.

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

Scheduling & Sharing Made Easy

This software is very easy to use. It allows me to schedule employees on days when they absolutely must be here, offer up optional shifts, and immediately tells employees that a new schedule has been published (this has dramatically reduced the amount of texts I get at 10:30 Sunday night asking when an employee is scheduled to work). Employees also have the option to request days off, mark days they're absolutely unavailable, and send messages through the app. It's really nice to be able to communicate with a whole team with very little effort.

Pros

Cons

The app can be flakey at times, and doesn't always notify me as the scheduler of changes. Time-off requests don't always show up immediately, and messages can be easily missed.

James N. James N.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Great product and great company

Was looking for an alternative to excel schedules that we've used for 20 years. Found OpenSimSim on a search, tested it out and loved it. Our search criteria was mainly, what will benefit the employee and the store the most.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Support is always quick to help when we have an issue. They gladly take our feedback on improvements and listen when we make suggestions.

Cons

That we can't incorporate all of it into our system. They have a time/attendance but since we have a POS system that does that, we haven't used that portion.

Dale H. Dale H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Love this scheduling software

I have had nothing but a great experience with OpenSimSim. I have recommended it to several other hospitality business owners and managers, who have actually implemented and love the software as well. Do I get a referral reward?

Pros

There is nothing about this software that I do not like and I cannot thing of one thing I like most above about it.

Cons

The only complaint I have, and it's more like a wish list item, is that as the manager, I cannot modify and/or enter a time-off request for employees or modify an employee's availability who as agreed to accept a shift outside their availability.

Stacey J. Stacey J.

Reviewed on 23/02/2019

Super easy scheduling with SimSim

Overall, I love this scheduling tool. It's easy for me to use, and easy for my staff. Saves me lots of time creating/recreating schedules manually.

Pros

Makes it super easy to create weekly employee schedules and to create templates that make future scheduling easy. I love that it can be set to allow employees to swap and drop shifts, and to easily submit timeoff requests. The ability to limit certain periods for timeoff requests is also very helpful. Overall, a lot of great functionality with an interface that is very intuitive to use.

Cons

Employees can't see timeoff already requested and approved for other employees. They might be able to adjust their timeoff requests if they could see periods when multiple timeoff requests had already been submitted by other employees (and thus would know their request won't get approved). Would also be nice if the entire schedule view could be seen on the desktop interface (rather than just on the phone).

Damien R. Damien R.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

A fairly simple and clear scheduling app

OpenSim has been a great tool for us to use. We have used several apps, and so far, we like this one the best. Still a few things we would like to see fixed/altered. But overall, the clear presentation is great.

Pros

I like the cut and dry presentation of the schedule. Easy to see and easy too schedule. Gets the job done for various sized companies. I can create as many schedules as I need to.

Cons

Somewhat challenging to drop, switch, and add some schedules. It makes sense when changing it on the back end. But for some of my employees, it is difficult for some of them to make the drop or switch (If available).

Jill M. Jill M.

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

Good program for our catering company

Our company does off-premise catering for companies and social events. So we have an entire crew of people that never actually come into the shop! OpenSimSim allows a clear stream of communication with our staff.

Pros

The ease of use is what we like most. Any one of our coordinators can send out shift opportunities and we can keep them organized according to who sent the opportunity out.
Our staff has never had a problem downloading the app onto their devices, and they all enjoy how user friendly it is.
When I have run into a small problem or question, the support staff was right on top of it.

Cons

It would be better if , when a staff member declines a shift, that the program would keep track of who declined. Also, a red flag of some sort for a declined shift would be good.

Sharnell S. Sharnell S.

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

making my life easier

its fast, quick and i know the staff have all the same rosters. i know when my staff are meant to be here, when i am out. i can open and see who is at work.

Pros

I like that i can organise my staff easily and from home and work. I can click on the day and the previous shift for the week prior comes up. making it easier to duplicate days and shifts.
i like that i can see clearly when staff request time off, and i can nomnite days where no time off will be excepted.

Cons

that i have to scroll to find the current weeks roster. it should be the first week when it opens

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Easiest Scheduling Software out there

After trying out several different scheduling apps, I was recommended OpenSimSim and it was by far the easiest and most effective app I have worked with. Their customer service is exceptional. They trained me and taught me how to navigate the app and how to educate my employees on the use of the app as well.

Pros

The ease of setting up different schedules is great and all my employees were able to quickly set up their profiles and were able to use the app with ease.

Cons

No cons here! This is the best app I have found for scheduling. Give it a try, you won’t regret it!

Tahja H. Tahja H.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

OpenSimSim

Pros

I mostly like that opensimsim is a easy to use software that allows you to take care of your business in one setting. Easy to communicate with others and allows you to justify the app to your convenience.

Cons

There is nothing that I didn't like about the software, 3 years of using opensimsim and it has never disappointed me

Emma V. Emma V.

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Open sim sim - Quality tool to ensure efficiency within your business

Beneficial in keeping tabs on annual leave and ensuring that the staff do take enough annual leave throughout the year. Open sim sim is an excellent tool for overseeing and updating rosters. Also great for ongoing communication with staff. Thanks Sim Sim :)

Pros

Great with managing staff and rosters. user friendly and has helped with staff consistency, annual leave confirmation and all round is a great tool to use in a childcare/ early education industry

Cons

Was more difficult to use with casual staff members

Elizabeth M. Elizabeth M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

great for small companies

i definitely am happy with the labor cost that is provided with each schedule. the format is easy to use.

Pros

i love that i can select how much the different job positions get paid so i can see how much the company will be spending on labor each week. it makes it incredibly easy to see where i can cut down on labor to make our percentage lower.

Cons

i wish that i could actually make the schedule on my phone, instead of only being able to edit it.

Frank A. Frank A.

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

Simple Interface

With open sim sim my company is able to easily send out our schedule, update it across all devices and most importantly stay in touch with our team members with specials weekly notes, shift notes and messaging.

Pros

I like that myself and my staff can easily communicate between shifts through the messaging portion of the app. I also like the simplicity of it.

Cons

My least favorite thing is sometime the app crashes or loads the wrong photos & name on the chat feature.

Randall H. Randall H.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 17/02/2019

Scheduling made easy

We have been using OpenSimSim for over a year now and all my colleagues love it. I used to get my schedule emailed to me, then I'd put it on my work Outlook calendar, then I'd put it in my Google calendar. Now I just open the app to view my schedule. It's half the work I used to do!

Pros

Having an app to view your work schedule is an awesome idea. You get updates when new schedules are posted or modified.

Cons

Can't see who is working if you are scheduled off for a day.

Lindsay W. Lindsay W.

Reviewed on 07/09/2019

A simple mans simple review

This program has made writing rosters for a small team simple and efficient. The staff time off requests are easy to process and track. It was much easier and quicker than making up spreadsheets and filling out manually.

Pros

Ease of use, clear simple lay out, quick learning curve for understanding the product functionality. The team also find it easy to understand.

Cons

No roster costing. When copying shifts sometimes it clicks into the same team member and comes up with an error message.

UKG Ready
Ronald B. Ronald B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Sim Sim Review

communication with co workers schedules at locations in different. knowing a persons schedule without having to try and call them

Pros

that I can see everyone's schedule on the team. As long as they have entered it correctly. Real easy to use and add multiple schedules at once. The App

Cons

It has some issues working with Iexplorer

Jim K. Jim K.

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

OpenSimSim life changer

Loved it from day one of use so simple to use and easy for staff to understand.

Pros

With opensimsim I save so much time that I would of wasted texting staff or messing up holdays or staff would mess up time off requests.
But with opensimsim its now apart of the staffs language and life.
I highly recommend opensimsim and will never stop using it.

Cons

I love this product but it can be slow loading.

Olyvia W. Olyvia W.

Reviewed on 17/08/2019

Opensimsim

We are using opensimsim for rostering. Staff look at their schedule weekly.

Pros

User friendly and easy to view the weekly roster

Cons

Lack of support from the staff when we want to ask questions. We need to wait for sometime for the reply of the call.

Tyler C. Tyler C.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Dependable, Easy to use but still requires a few more minor updates

OpenSimSim has been amazing for the last half a year, the support is great and the features it offers makes it compete with much larger brands. Honestly, couldn't get much better!

Pros

Most features that come with the software are free of charge.
The customer support is fantastic.
The use of a mobile app is also quite handy.
Ability to create several different schedules underneath the same account.

Cons

Sometimes tends to slow down a bit (especially around noon-ish)
Could do with giving the user a better monthly view and the ability to see his/her co-workers shifts.

Twyla E. Twyla E.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Great for small staff!

Prior to using open SimSim we used a google doc. This software has helped remind our staff of shifts and made it much easier for us to schedule and swap shifts around.

Pros

OpenSimSim will send my staff notifications of their shifts, they can easily apply for shifts and swap shifts. Makes managing their schedules a breeze!

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. It has worked great for our small staff.

Connor N. Connor N.

Overall, a Great App for Small Businesses

It’s been an easy to use software that my employees like using as well.

Pros

The ease of use on a desktop computer is great, very intuitive and easy to use. It has all the essentials you’d want from a scheduling app.

Cons

I do my schedule mostly on my iPad, and unfortunately the app isn’t on the admin end. It’s designed for employees not managers/administrators. I’d love an app made specifically for managers but for now I have to use Google Chrome and even then there are some glitches I don’t come across while on a normal desktop.