About Marketman

MarketMan Restaurant Management is a cloud-based inventory management platform that assists small to large-sized restaurants with procurement, food delivery tracking and accounting. Its key features include menu planning,...

4.7
4.8

Browse Marketman Reviews

Melissa

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

One platform, so many functions

We have finally found a platform that meets all our needs, and the recipe costing feature syncing with our POS system is really worth it. So happy we chose MarketMan!

Pros

I am most happy that the price of an ingredient carries through all functions from ordering, receiving invoices and payment, recipe costing, and inventory. The accuracy of this data has been a huge time-saver for the restaurant group, and we have a better idea of how profitable we are day-to day.

Cons

Getting all the items and sub-recipes loaded into the system can be a bit time-consuming up front. Worth it in the end though.

Brandon

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

Wow! Saves me a ton of time!

Pros

Automated invoice capturing, automated inventory price updates, vendor integrations, shelf to sheet order guides and inventoring, restaurant essential reporting features, Quickbooks integration, customer service is excellent.

Cons

It takes awhile to set up, but all software in this category does.

Rocco

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Marketman Review

great [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was wonderful, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great also

Pros

set up was easy, the support was good and great follow thru

Cons

when you first set up. you should have more dialog with the company on how they would like to see items listed. i had a lot double redoing the original set up very time consuming .

i like the credit function but i don't understand why if the price drops it shows as a credit

Top Marketman Alternatives

Peter

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Good hands on system with lots of analytics

Of particular importance is recipe costing and adjusting to every increasing prices of products. I find this program to be very efficient and effective.

Pros

This product handles ordering/inventory/costing very well. It takes input data and flows it through receiving, recipe production and cost well and efficiently.

Cons

Initial set up/reset up is time consuming and it is hard to mothball/delete items due to its history tracking functions. But overall a very good product

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

The last SaaS you will ever need, Market Man does it all!

Extremely satisfied with Market Man. Through this software we can have complete control and overview on our day to day operations. When utilized fully, you will have a transparent view of your COGS, Waste, Inventory Levels, Low Inventory Level Reminder Alerts, Batch Recipe Costing, Plate Costing, Sales, Purchase Log.

Pros

Dashboard gives you a great overview of every financial aspect of your business. Has a controller, you will have real-time data to allow you to make sound financial decisions, What I appreciate the most is how fast and easy it is to navigate from portal to portal and your work will always get saved, as the system will prompt you the save before exiting. When inputting Invoices using the manual option, it is extremely user-friendly to audit Inventory Items, Update Prices, Issue Credits and upload scanned Invoices.

Cons

I think the one thing that is missing from Market Man is the ability to make payments directly from Market Man. Having ACH or other payment methods built into Market Man's SaaS would be ideal for operators.

Matthew

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

User of Marketman

Good experience!

Pros

As administrator is was an easy and intuitive to set up for a multi-unit chain.
Being able to obtaining accurate actual to theoretical costs by building out our menu recipes was not very difficult.
Really like the invoicing scanning feature and having the ability to have images of the invoices stores with the reconciled invoices.
The systems mobile application is easy to use and convenient for the operators.

Cons

As we are a chain enterprise we use a multi-warehouse system with our main Distributor, US Foods. Setting up multi-distribution points with in the system took some additional time and effort.

Will

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Marketman - Intuitive, Helpful and Affordable

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and interface.

Cons

So far so good! I haven't run into any issues that haven't been very quickly solved by the help team.

Don

Reviewed on 15/09/2022

Marketman Software

This software has helped me a ton with figuring out my food cost, ordering needs, recipe keeping and so one. I love it.

Pros

This software is very very easy to use and has a ton of options. I have been using it for a little while but am still learning ways that it can help to simplify my life and make me more organized. It is very user friendly and the software support team is by far the best I have used. Very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Gotta be honest haven't found anything bad yet. If anything it almost offers to much. So many options and uses.

Ken

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Although overall MarketMan has helped our business it has also been disappointing in its...

It has helped us reduce our cost of sale across both food & beverage and make our business more profitable. It allows us to monitor stock levels daily.

Pros

The fact that it is cloud based and is able to give us live results. The integration with iKentoo PoS and Xero (even though this has been problematic for months).

Cons

The very poor smartphone app - forces us to use laptops for stock counting etc. The poor response time to errors in the system - developers have taken months and to date issues are still not resolved.

Martin

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

My relationship with Market Man

Pros

I have been using this system for less than 6 months and even before I started using it I had already had an excellent relationship with the entire human team of this company.The ease of being able to capture recipes, invoices, inventory, orders is more than helpful and also that all this is in one is also a quality that it has and that helps us control the numbers."What cannot be measured, counted and weighed cannot be controlled" Chef Martin C Abraham

Cons

For this section the only thing I've had a hard time with is the Aloha integration as our setup is a bit confusing.

Bartho

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Ordering Par Level

Good, would like to to integrate with Sage better and the interactive PAR levels as discussed previously.
The different stock UOM for the same product makes it pretty difficult to keep control and count.

Pros

Online capabilities. The system is great to set top and the stock control is really impressive

Cons

The PAR levels should be interactive and look at the usage trend to order a 7day, 10 day or 14 day stock holding.
We either over order or under order as seasons change.

Platinum system

Reasons for Choosing Marketman

Online Capabilities. I thought online ordering would be easier, but it is not because of
Rodney

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

Great product

Pros

Easy to organize daily operation, all orders are sent through Marketman. Easy to upload invoices. Cost food out as well able to keep up with price increase

Cons

Sometimes it freezes but had to do with our location

Joseph

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Best bang for the buck

Pros

Marketman has a beautiful user interface with robust reporting that allows granular tracking at an item level. The support team has a very solid understanding of food costing which also makes using the program that much easier. Personally, I am a huge advocate of doing one thing and doing it right. Marketman Does inventory and food cost controlling extremely well.

Cons

It would be nice if integrations took a little less digging on the restaurant side. It would be very helpful if there was the ability for a restaurant to build a custom item level report similar to the Cost of Goods report in which we could put specific items i.e chicken and get a set ALL day/week/month usage.

Josphat

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

We have problems when stock or sales do not sync properly or on time

Pros

This software is fast and easy to use and not heavy on any PC or any

Cons

The merging of sales and stock with light speed is not always accurate, maybe its programming from our side

Tracy

Reviewed on 06/02/2022

Great software program

Pros

How inventory can be setup. Storage areas help a lot in case i have to stop and come back to finish it later. It seems to be well thought out

Cons

not sure. at first it took some getting used to but before long i got the hang of it, sometimes with the help of support, who were always very helpful and accomodating

Ben

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

MarketMan Review- very useful

Very very good. Will recommend to any new jobs I get and to other in the industry

Pros

The simplicity of use and the customer service is brilliant. Never had a issue with them not being available

Cons

Some of the reporting can be merged into single products

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Marketman

Pros

The customer service team is amazing! They are always so responsive and also push for new features based on feedback! They really listen and I love working with team!

Cons

Sometimes there are little nuances you have to remember and duplicating things amongst multiple locations or items can be time consuming.

Juan Pablo

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

It solved the problems I was having with stock control

Stock and recipe control

Pros

I liked that it is WebBased and I can access it where ever I am at. The ease of use is great and I have been recommending it. I am exited to see the new Menu feature.

Cons

I wish I could calculate the value of my stock at any given point in time. I also would like for the costs of goods sold would take into consideration the value of stock. The app functionalities should also be more broad.

Raza

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

excellent. Very happy

Pros

Easy To use and simple to navigate. Easy to train as well

Cons

Dashboard can be confusing. But I see improvements were made.

Luke

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Overall a great program for keeping track of inventory.

Ease of counting and keeping track of all our inventory.

Pros

The simplicity of it. I think its really self explanatory and if you just keep using the program itself you will have a hang of it in no time.

Cons

Some times it doesnt always link with our POS system and it doesn't display our sales so it throws our usage of cups way off.

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

Good for Bar Inventory

7.5 out of 10

Pros

After you set up your products and storage areas, the ease of use for tracking inventory is awesome.

Cons

The actual setting up and adding new items is a little time consuming. Wish they was a “copy” element of a current in stock item

Jason
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Great operational software

Marketman is a great operational software. It allows my business to manage its inventory well. Helps reduce cost of sales in having a more profitable business.

Pros

What I loved about this was that it was easy to set up. What I found to be impactful was that marketman’s system made sure that your food cost were on a budget. This might be the best software because you don’t have to be a pro to use it, requires little to no experience to be familiar with the software.

Cons

What I didn’t like was that support system only take messages rather than phone calls.

nilvia

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Happy review

Costing and keeping prices updated is better and faster.

Pros

How easy is to order and cost all items

Cons

To integrate it on an already operating business is challenging to transfer all the information.

Robert

Reviewed on 19/06/2022

Can't live without it.

Very positive. I highly recommend, especially smaller venues. Even if you're not tech savvy, you can use this software.

Pros

Marketman is a full inventory management system that integrates well with our point of sale, Touch Bistro. The support team has been very helpful and respond quickly.

Cons

Like any powerful software, there is a set up and learning curve. Fortunately Marketman does much of this work for you.

Cesar

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

As a manager I really enjoy using Marketman, its very well organized and make my job easier.

Pros

Keeping track of expenses has become easier. The notification option is very handy, and Ordering is very friendly and fast and keeps me updated when an order has not been viewed. Inventory has also become easier. The amount of customization makes it easier to do Inventory.

Cons

Just a few minor tech issues, sometimes the app will crash but the customer support team are usually fast and get the issues fixed.