About QuickBooks Commerce

QuickBooks Commerce is a powerful cloud-based inventory and order management software for modern online businesses. Seamless integration across all major e-commerce platforms ensures that product listings, orders, and data stay...

Browse QuickBooks Commerce Reviews

Angel M.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

QuickBooks Commerce Review

It is a user-friendly software for small business owners just like me.

Pros

This software helped me manage my small business. I was able to keep a record of all my inventory. QuickBooks Commerce is an easy software to use daily or weekly. The features of this software are outstanding and very affordable. I really recommend it.

Cons

Your first experience of using this software could be overwhelming. However, with due time you will manage to use it.

Jason L.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Great Product - Extremely Poor Execution by Intuit

The messaging and lack of effort to keep customers happy has been nothing short of disappointing. The messaging was very offputting. What company says they are sunsetting product and offers links to GetApp and other software review sites to transition? Odd. I've talked to a couple people at Intuit and they have no idea what this product does or how it works. I now have to unravel this mess and make decisions knowing that my current provider essentially does not want me as a customer anymore unless I want to start with a fresh instance and import customers and product, but not any sales data. Making business decisions starts with data and if you don't have data in a business management system, you're swinging in the dark.

Pros

QuickBooks Commerce, formerly TradeGecko is a great product. Essentially, what this product provides is a business management system; a hub to manage inventory, purchasing, orders, products, etc. I have used it for 2 years and grew my business in a sustainable manner, thanks in part to Tradegecko/QuickBooks Commerce. The problem here starts when a company like Intuit acquires such a product and tries to put their stamp on it and make it part of their suite of products. The only reason to consider QuickBooks Commerce at this point is if you are starting a new company. If you have any sales history, not sure why you would want to use the product.

Cons

There are little things here and there that have popped up but overall, I was happy. The problem I have is what happened over the past 45 days by Intuit; they are sunsetting current product. I've been part of an acquisition and I understand things change. What I have a problem with is that they have no good way to transition current (paying customers) to the 'new' product. Have historical data such as orders/purchase orders, etc. that you want to pull in? Nope. Let's be honest, the data model is exactly the same or strikingly similar. THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO HELP YOU. They were previously able to pull in historical data and they have documentation online (still) that indicates that customer service can help import data for you. I do not use any 'complicated' modules in this product but they are totally unwilling to help even noting that this type of messaging is still in their help docs. That being said, for a company with previous sales and history, I don't know why you would want this product, especially if you use something like Inventory Planner to help forecast, which relies on such data. Pretty obvious that someone at Intuit made the brilliant decision to not help current customers.

Charlie B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 29/01/2017

Like a custom made order entry and inventory management system, without hassle and expense

The overall TradeGecko system is highly integrated, well designed, and operates without glitches. I never cease to be impressed how the TG team has anticipated every capability businesses such as ours need. Customer support is the best I have experienced in years. Rather than locking you into its own system, TG is an open system that facilitates working with other software and programs.

Two TradeGecko (TG) features are essential for us. For customer order entry, TG allows us to automatically import orders from our website, Excel files, and its B2B. Manual entry possible. TG generates attractive invoices, packing lists and enables easy e-mail communication.

Our supply chain is 5-6 months so inventory management is an essential 2nd feature. TG provides great functionality and is very easy to update. We always know exactly where we stand with inventory issues.

Reporting is a 3rd valuable feature. TG provides invaluable data on individual customer and products.

We don't yet integrate TG with our accounting and many of its partners but we plan to begin doing so in 2017.

Pros

Does what it is supposed to - at a high level. The order entry component is smooth, integrates with the real world and requires minimal training. The inventory management component simplifies inventory management and provides us with all the information we need to manage inventory (no small task).

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the TradeGecko platform or its team. It is a well-managed business is my fear it will be gobbled up by a leading accounting software company

Top QuickBooks Commerce Alternatives

Leilani F.

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

GREATEST UTILIZATION of ECOMMERCE SOFTWARE to MANAGE !!!!!!!!

It definitley is worth its value and has delivered results for this kind of software. easy to manage and understand and so far has been a great positive addition for my Company.

Pros

Maneuvering through each feature is quite impressively easy. This software is highly resourceful and its Value is off the charts. A much needed and integrated platform for my company and has delivered results within.

Cons

Definitely could be a bit overwhelming with the many selection of features and options and so forth...more so for smaller businesses and what not. could be trimmed down a little but over all its been great.

Evangelia F.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

QuickBooks is the best for small businesses despite the shortcomings

It is a software easy to manage and understand and definitely worth its value. A "saver" software for my small business.

Pros

What I like the most is that this software has amazing performance and functionalities. It's also very reliable in terms of saving important information. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is concerned about the quality of this product and I especially recommend it to small businesses, as it is easy to manage and use.

Cons

Some options should be created that allow each user to select and customize all functions and to control the users limitation. Generally though, everything is great and overall this a good software according to my experience all this period of using it.

• Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

Accept it for what it is

If it works for your business, get it. If it doesn't, don't. They never make any updates and will not head any advise you give. They don't have a community forum for a reason. They have their own agenda.

So if it works for you great, but if not, don't expect them to ever improve it to fit any of your needs, and you're better off searching for a different solution then getting stuck.

Pros

Beautiful UI, better then any other WMS
Quick and responsive
What it does, it does famously

Cons

No feature updates/improvements
Rarely fix errors pointed out unless they're super easy

Response from TradeGecko

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, we take our customers feedback seriously.

We are continuously making improvements to our product, and we prioritize those which based on customer feedback & requests will have the biggest impact across multiple customer businesses.

As this is an anonymous review we have no way to know specifically what features/ improvements you have requested, but we would urge you to reach out to your account manager to discuss. Providing a great customer experience is very important to us, and we remain available if you have any further questions or concerns.

Replied 09/03/2020
Nzilu P.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Besides some shortcomings, QuickBooks remains the best and user friendly for small businesses

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Commerce: It is user friendly and worth the cost.

Pros

Overall: It is user friendly. I definitely recommend QuickBooks to small businesses.

Pros: With QuickBooks, accountings task are simple, for it has weekly and monthly report templates. With QuickBooks, you can add a variety of additional features through plugins which you can access at a small fee.

Cons

Cons: I once experienced some customization error, that took time to be resolved. However, I suggest they should create more options in the customizable templates in that users can or change the name of their invoices if an error occurs.

Jay D.

Reviewed on 17/05/2021

Quickbooks is user freidnly software, Excellent software for Small businesses

It is very user friendly software with all required features and it is in budget.

Pros

Easy to use, So fast and reliable software. It's so User friendly which can use any one at any time. Best Price with exciting features, No one can beat in this price with available features. There are lots of features which I like the most in this software. Also Integrates with other software, Hassel free and ease to use software. I like it too much.

Cons

Customization error should be resolved for individual user. They should create many options that allow each user to select and customize all functions like name of Invoice and proforma Invoices and other features which are the basic for all user.

Leon D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 09/06/2015

Tradegecko is the backbone of our back office.

We're a distributor that supplies to multiple stores in the Benelux, Germany and Scandinavia a.o., additionally we have our own offline and online store based in Amsterdam.

B2B
Besides the obvious inventory management, we use Tradegecko for invoicing etc. as well for our B2B activities. We're currently setting it up to work with Xero, which should turn out to be the total set up we need. The Online Ordering Platform is a big plus as well for us as B2B distributors and we seen conversion per customer rise since implementing it.

B2C
We're in the middle of switching to Woocommerce for our new online store as well as setting up a second online store also running on Woocommerce. Having our B2C inventory streamlined in Tradegecko and in sync with our offline store (POS = VendHQ) once that plugin is finished, should make life a lot easier for us.

Pros

- Online Ordering Platform
- B2B Sales App (Useful for trade shows, although far from perfect)
- Capable & friendly customer service
- Constant development and addition of new features.
- Multiple Warehouses
- Multiple Currencies (We buy our goods in Japanese Yen)

Cons

- Stats are limited, for instance I would like to filter results based on country which isn't possible.
- In the Online Ordering Platform I can't manipulate the order of shown items, which can be very confusing for the end user.
- Occasional bugs (which are usually fixed fast, once they're up to speed) examples:
-- orders that are long fullfilled, keep popping up in the active overview
-- Multiple orders claim to have an unpaid balance of 0,01 or 0,02 cent, while the processed payment equals the invoice amount, resulting in a bloated unpaid invoices overview page.

If these are smoothed out, it's 5 star rating from me!

Response from TradeGecko

Hi there,

Thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that TradeGecko is making your life a lot easier. We appreciate your feedback, and are continuously working on improving the software, so we will be sure to pass on your feedback to our product team!

Regards,
Alicia
TradeGecko

Replied 09/07/2015
Nicolas B.

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Excellent inventory management software

I started using trade gecko since they started. I can say that they added TONS of new features which make it the most powerful inventory management software of its kind. We use it daily for all tasks and it is really a time saver. Would definitely recommend even thought they don't support our language (Spanish) it is still easy to use and really convenient.

Pros

It's really easy to use. Simple but really complete software. UI excellent. top notch customer service, usually get response to problems in less than 5 minutes.

Cons

Does not support Spanish language. I think they should add Spanish and many other languages since it is not difficult to port and they would target a lot more customers.

I've been using trade gecko since it launched so I'm on a legacy plan. The pricing at the moment is a lot higher that what I payed when I started which is kind of a let down. They should keep old users with old pricing without removing them features, just don't add any new one too.

Deb W.

Reviewed on 22/08/2016

Wholesale Inventory System - Exactly what we needed.

The team at TG have helped me customise our rather complex needs for our import wholesale business. They are continually working towards more options to make my business transactions more fluid, efficient and relative to our needs.

Pros

User friendly, able to have multiple locations, perfect for a clothing business with multiple variants of one style, no problems with the scale of our inventory with over 2000 items, integration with Xero, B2B platform (which I am still working on), cloud based - I can access from anywhere in the world, able to upload my inventory myself - this was a considerable cost saving.

Cons

Customisation of reports - they are continually improving this and are working on a couple of my suggestions - so this is a work in progress. Also, I would like to have more users for our plan perhaps a small fee for each extra user, rather then having to jump up to the next plan.

Christopher N.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Like and dislike.

We would like more customization and integration with our selling platforms such as Qoo10, Lazada and Shopee.

Pros

Trade gecko has help our company minimise workflow. We mainly use it to create sales order and provides quotations for projects. After creating sales order, the inventory will automatic be locked and subsequently be deducted after shipment. It all works seamlessly. We love it.

Cons

Probably the pricing. As business are currently transiting into ecommerce, having multiple sales channel are pretty common. Like our company, we have 8 websites on shopify, all selling different groups of products. We also have another 3 platforms such at Lazada, Shopee and Qoo10. However, even with the most expensive $499 plan, it only goes up to 5 sales channel. This is completely irrelevant. I think tradegecko should not limit the number of sales channel. Something to think about.

Stuart N.

Reviewed on 25/11/2018

TradeGecko - pros & cons

A very good inventory system that I would recommend to other companies that want a clear and easy to understand solution that can be up and running quickly. New integrations are being added quickly, and this make for a strong package.

Pros

Very easy to use, quick to understand, and straightforward. Very quick to implement and intuitive. Customer service has always been open to new ideas, and seeing these ideas taken up and used is great.

Cons

TG needs an ordering and invoicing framework that works for fashion items. A single line for the product and colour option then vertical columns to fill out the sizes. That is the way orders and invoicing has been done in fashion since the beginning of time, and without this TG is hard for fashion businesses. To have a purchase order or invoice that has each style/colour/size variant on a separate line is massively tome consuming and needs to be fixed immediately.

Stephanie P.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 14/02/2021

Consistently horrible support experience

Possibly okay if you don't want to actually know how many products you have sold, or add any inventory to your system OR stop selling when you run out of stock.

But honestly - before I started my business I worked in software development, so I consider myself pretty tech savvy - and this product is unreliable, unfinished, and comes with poor quality support.

Pros

We have two retail websites on shopify, and sell wholesale using the b2b portal or entering orders on behalf of our customers, depending on their region.

Initially we found Trade Gecko (now QB Commerce) easy to implement and get up and running with. It's a pretty-looking interface, and at least on the surface, is quite easy to use. The b2b portal works well and our customers like using it to order their products.

Cons

The reporting is TERRIBLE. Want to see how many products you sold in the last 12 months. Oh - you can't. (We sell one product as a part of several bundles, all configured inside TG - reporting can NOT cater to this).

Are you wanting an inventory management system to - you know - manage your inventory? Don't bother. Trade Gecko lags so much we CONSTANTLY oversell. We aren't even super high volume yet (200-300 orders a day in a peak season release), and it can't keep up. SO frustrating having to constantly contact customers to explain why we oversold, and why our inventory is negative despite our settings being set to NOT allow overselling.

Don't even BOTHER trying to do a stock transfer. We make stock available at a specific type as a part of a new release, and spend weeks hyping this up to our customers - then Trade Gecko takes 2+ hours to receive the stock in?! Customers waiting, angry (understandably) and us rushing manually adjusting stock in and out to get it to work, only to find all our inventory numbers are DOUBLED when it eventually published two hours later. After going back and forth with support several times we were told that we can't stock transfer more than 2000 units at a time. TG isn't designed to do that. (SO... our full container shipments of 10,000+ items have to be split up because our system can't cope?!)

Honestly the WORST support experience consistently - SO many core functions missing, or don't work properly.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Has gone down hill

Been using trade gecko for years and sticked with them as our business has gone strength to strength. However I feel they have really gone down hill. Before their support was great, now it feels like nothing is being done, all the time its users money but not them.

Pros

There are a lot of features. B2b portal is great. I dont think there are many softwares out there which do everything TG can do

Cons

A lot of things keep breaking and nothing is being fixed. Every time a new problem comes up, customer services just deny it until after about 5 or 6 emails you prove then they say their engineers have identified the problem and are looking into it. Although months later and still no update or no fix.

Right now the sales app is broken in terms of sync issue causing duplicate orders to be put on the system (a real admin nightmare when you have to double check each time to make sure you're not sending the same order again).

The import/export system is broken as if there are lots of people using it, it crashes and takes hours to upload a small file (critical if you are trying to load new products on the system or change pricelists).

The picture system was changed however it does not update the main pictures. Plus you have to double upload pictures a lot of time for them to appear on the sales app

The system often lags when creating/amending invoices when the server is loaded (you click save and after 1 minute it tries to discard your changes and start again, or just crashes).

The shopify connection crashes if you're inventory is too big (few hundred products +)

Kunal S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Cheaper but an accurate system for inventory management.

Pros

Integrated with Xero and support multiple warehouses. A user-friendly tool to keep track of your inventory. A cloud-based application which integrates with QuickBooks. Provides useful reports. Multiple price lists are supported. Great Customer service. The flexible process of payments. You can even link your firm to an e-commerce website. You can track the shipping and manage suppliers. You get a lot of features offered by other similar application, at a lesser cost.

Cons

Technical glitches encountered while you use the application and the system takes a lot of time to load. Sending invoices is time-consuming. Absence of the print feature. Limitation in statistics. Inventory management requires more advancements and organization. More customization required in reports.

• Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 02/06/2015

Trade Gecko Review

I've been using Trade Gecko since November 2014. I sell wine wholesale and online (currently via shopify), and was looking for an inventory and sales management tool that would integrate with quickbooks or xero, that would allow me to track orders, most importantly when they have been packed and shipped. I chose Trade Gecko because of their focus on wholesale, and overall I've been pleased with the system.

Pros

Inventory management is very clear, easy to create and upload new products, and easy to track orders in progress. Customer service is quick and helpful, and they regularly add new and useful features like xero integration, and document templates.

Cons

Most of the cons are small issues that I would love to see improved but don't impact the overall usability. Page loading is sometimes slow. I would like to be able add tags to sales orders and invoices. Reports are a bit clumsy for me to understand as the search features are limited and it can be difficult to find what I want, though customer service is helpful in this regard. Some of the search and display functions could be improved (searches require exact match for SO049 rather than just 49 for example), and there's no feature to bulk export sales orders or invoices. However, all these things are not "make or break" and hopefully Trade Gecko will continue to add and improve as they have been doing.

Response from TradeGecko

We love our wine distributors as much as we love wine. So fear not, Monsieur, those features are getting worked on! I even reached out to your chief technology gecko and he says that most of those cons are being actively worked on so stay tuned!

Replied 03/06/2015
Miki G.

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Very powerful & informative software

- Analysing most profitable SKUs and looking and trimming down width of catalogue is quite helpful with the customisation features and reporting in Trade Gecko
- The CSV spreadsheets for bulk updating products, prices etc. is very powerful, helpful and saves much tedious time

Pros

- Ability to track & set up many different types of SKUs
- Ability to create additional tier of pricing outside of cost, wholesale & retail (example if you have a unique account with special pricing)
- Reporting and ease of building reports

Cons

- Inability to produce statements for tracking money owed (need to plug in with an accounting software such as Xero)
- At times the support phone calls, whilst very responsive and helpful, take a while before a solution is found

Ina S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 25/08/2016

TradeGecko has made a tremendous difference in managing stock and order fulfillement process.

As a fast-growing small business I very quickly stumbled on the time-consuming task of managing stock and the administrative job of order fulfillement. As soon as I started using TradeGecko, I gained an extra day in time, simply because it is a very efficient and effecive tool to organize stock, orders and invoicing. I have not been using the tool to its fullest potential, such as the B2B platform, but am planning to do so in the coming months as I am expanding my business with sales agents and distributors.

Pros

The tool is very user-friendly.

Cons

I have made some suggestions regarding new features but have no idea if they are on the roadmap or not or a potential timing of availability. For instance, Android sales app and the possibility to issue proforma invoices as part of the fulfillement process.

Rhiannon N.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/08/2016

TradeGecko supports our small nonprofit!

TradeGecko allows us to manage our inventory for our small nonprofit, CareBOX Program. We purchase inventory and accept in-kind donations as well so the features allowing us to capture our true cost of items (sometimes zero) is really helpful in managing our moving average cost per item. As the Supply Chain Manager, it allows me to focus in on soliciting donations for those items where we maintain a high percentage of cost to retail.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and with the app I was able to implement an inventory scanning solution that has increased our overall accuracy for outgoing patient supplies.

Cons

From time to time I find that I have to refresh in order to get an accurate inventory count. Ex. If a sales order is processed, I need to refresh my browser in order to see inventory in some items fall to accurate levels post the SO.

Clara L.

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Wholesale Clothing Business Review

It has been good but customer service not always easy.

Pros

I like that you can have different stock locations, this makes it helpful for the different warehouses we have and store locations. It syncs well with Quickbooks and Shopify.

Cons

* I think there should be an easier way to move line items on a sales order or purchase order
* I think there should be an easy report that tells you what items you need to order to fulfill open purchase orders.
* The sales are registered in the month they are entered it would be great to run a report of sales that are finalized as per shipping.
* The Packing Lists could be more user friendly

Cameron W.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 24/11/2018

H Wines Distrubution & Import Director

Pros

I greatly appreciate that the platform does a very good job of keeping information in reports and charts for easy review.
I would like the moble app to have more options for the sales team and myself to make more adjustments on the go.
Another point is that the system need so much meticulous detail added at all times that if you do not then number are messed up. If you could stream like so the system could try to cagorize it.

Cons

The only thing I am not liking at this point is there is no specific way for me to compare years / months / weeks to each other without loading separate pages.

Dan W.

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

TradeGecko covers 70 % of our needs.

Fulfillment & Inventory

Pros

- Different currencies
- Different warehouses
- Integration with Shopify
- Exporter apps (to excel)

Cons

- Integration with Shopify not well designed (not possible to select specific warehouses).
- Sales Order stages do not reflect distribution/retailer/customer needs (link to stock adjustment).
- PO's releases not well designed.
- Backorder features not usable.
- Importing bulk orders not possible.
- and probably more stuff.

I was ones invited for a long discussion with a business analyst to share our business, issue, needs, etc. Apart from sharing, there has never been any follow-up.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/10/2016

Awesome for B2B

We're B2B distributors and wholesalers. Basically our sales people are taking orders via the app on their ipad. They can show customers what products we have as well as the pics look good on the app. We can invoice warehouse customers off easily as well as you can setup a hand scanner / barcodes to products. Account customers can login to our private portal to place the order like in ecommerce, which means our sales guys dont need to go there. We are currently configuring to work with Magento for our public ecommerce site. Quickbooks online integration is cushty as wel

Pros

supports various routes to market. Constantly being made better. Cheap for what it is

Cons

few obvious things wrong, few technical issues, sometimes takes a few tries to get support to understand your problem

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

QuickBooks excellency's specially in NEW GENERATIONS

The Inventory files, its easy to learn especially you can find it all in one dashboard.

Pros

The Very good thing on this software is manageable the credits and debit options especially on my work as a retail operation management. And for my own capacity I can manage to do it alone especially in inventory files, Easily to access in one dashboard.

Cons

Well there were a times its lagging but maybe because in my connections? for me difficulties? once the system updated I cannot relocate where i saved the files.