About Kudos

Kudos is a cloud-based peer-to-peer employee recognition software for organizations with more than 100 employees. The platform gives organizations a high degree of customization around branding and the use of rewards. Other...

Browse Kudos Reviews

Reviewed on 08/04/2019

Recognition made easy

I love it, I use it everyday and recommend its use to everyone irrespective of your job level.

Pros

The structure and ease of use has allowed me to very easily recognize my peers , leaders and staff. The integrated dashboards also creates competitiveness which makes it even more fun.

Cons

The software needs to have some build in moderation to identify "fake" recognition's. An exceptional category gets selected with the contents saying thank you.

Sarah C. Sarah C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Excellent Product that Keeps Improving with the Times

A lot of the team members work in remote locations so the tool is an excellent way of bringing remote workers closer together to replicate an office environment.

Pros

Ease of use for staff members to share praise. This is very valuable to our team!

Cons

It may be cool to have this as an APP that can be more readily pinned to taskbar for faster praise and easier use.

Response from Kudos

Hi Sarah,

It's awesome to hear that you're finding Kudos so easy to use! We're also daily Kudos users, so we appreciate how important it is that it be user-friendly and intuitive.

That's a great idea to have an app for desktop/laptop computers! There are a couple of ways that we can make Kudos more accessible; have you tried the Kudos browser extension? It allows you to send and receive Kudos in your browser without needing to go to your Kudos page. This is great if you spend a lot of time in your browser. Our extension is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. You can grab the extension by visiting https://support.kudosnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/203808586-Using-the-Kudos-Browser-Add-on

You could also create a shortcut to your Kudos page on your desktop and place it on your Taskbar. This would open Kudos in your preferred web browser whenever you click it.

Hopefully one of those options helps! Remember that we're always here to at [email protected]!

Replied 18/12/2018
Michelle S. Michelle S.

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

A nimble and easy platform that has an immediate and lasting positive impact on our team.

A quick, transparent and effective means of communication amongst our team on performance.

Pros

The ease and transparency that Kudos provides in allowing us to recognise employees' effort and contribution, fits perfectly within our culture of recognition and reward in a timely manner. Allows all our members of our team to appreciate each other. We have now been using for three years and it hasn't lost its momentum. We use as a tool to send announcements, newsletters, share corporate event photos - which brings our team back to the site which reinvigorates further use. Our team use the app at lunch breaks to send and like each other Kudos.

Cons

As we use pages for newsletters some more options around graphics would be great.

Top Kudos Alternatives

Guada G. Guada G.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Great tool to recognise and motivate your team

Good tool to increase visibility among peer recognition, provide different layers of recognition for different jobs difficulties done, also allows company visibility at a team and individual level.

Pros

Easy to use tool that not only adds value to recognition at different levels, from a thank you all the way to an exceptional achievement, but also allows everyone in the company to be recognising, and to be recognised, at the same level.

My team is a big fan of this tool, it encourages them to share feedback and recognise people around them, bringing visibility we might not have otherwise, as some of this recognition is so quick or specific it might be unnoticed if we didn't have this platform.

Cons

With the team being based in EMEA, at some points it's been a challenge to have flexibility in terms of rewards, in comparison with our peers in the US. However, over the past couple of years, we've not only seen a broader offer of local benefits, but the team have also shared some best practices that allow us to make the best use of our kudos.

Austin F. Austin F.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Kudos for Werner Electric Supply

Great!

Pros

Great customer service, fairly easy to use, metrics are available, some flexibility with how the site looks, the App is awesome,

Cons

Just some suggestions.
1) An easier way for users to provide feedback about Kudos or our Excellence Award that is ran through Kudos.
2) Provide Administrators the ability to generate quick generic email communication for our organization (emails could be edited). Admin generated emails could offer information/statistics about giving people recognition and/or use links to landing pages on the Kudos website to drive users to known functionality.
3) Integrate personality tests into the site to help the users better understand what they are looking for in communication and how they communicate with others.
4) Provide a Company Employee Suggestion function.

Reviewed on 07/04/2019

Appreciation

i have many experienced with startup and im expert in analyzing systems , Kudos have some problem such as ; exemple you can send Kudos without points (its problem) , another thing is you must have a sharing totally kudos to anothre person, another things is for birthday colleagues we can mention some Kudos . another item is the day of colleague come to company ,

IF you need more details make appointement or time so i can present to you.

Pros

for appreciation to colleagues and give reward to them.

Cons

the least is say thank you to colleague is a minimum appreciation

Ashley R. Ashley R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Great Way to Express Gratitude

I use this within my office to give kudos to my coworkers who do a good job, are helpful, show teamwork, and general friendliness. We all use it and enjoy being able to use it. It is nice that you can do something good for someone and they can recognize you on a platform that the owners see. It is also nice that there is a reward aspect with it too. This is the first time I have had the ability to use Kudos and I think it is a wonderful way for everyone to work their hardest and for people to show their gratitude for that hard work.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the ability to determine how much you can give, and the new options for redeeming rewards. It is nice that you can make it visible to everyone or not. Sometimes you want everyone to know that you were assisted by someone and you are giving them kudos.

Cons

I wish there was more options for emojis and stickers. Everything has updated except for this aspect.

Joel S. Joel S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/04/2019

Kudos to Capterra! Super ideas with a little clutter

I love the whole idea behind Kudos. It is a great way to communicate with colleagues and to promote positivity by letting any Dept see the postings of valor. An excellent idea! Just streamline the awards redemption part and Kudos hits the perfect 100% mark!

Pros

The ability to express anything from a job well done to my condolences to a fellow workers along with a reward points system with the largest variety of gifts to choose from I have ever seen!

Cons

It can be a little confusing trying to find your own profile and how to redeem points. Points seem a tad low on value

Beth D. Beth D.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Appreciated Perk

Pros

I like being able to reward my coworkers and highlight things that they've helped me with. I think it highlights the idea that we're all in this together.

Cons

I don't like that you have a limit of how many Kudos you can give someone in a month. I also dislike that the available Kudos disappear if I don't reward them by the end of the month.

Tracy M. Tracy M.

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

Great recognition and announcement tool

It is a simple way to have a big impact, and recognize accomplishments big or small. I think it could be so much more.

Pros

Kudos makes communication with employee, and recognition immediate and interesting. It allows for immediate gratification, better relationships and a fun tool to get people involved. It has increased recognition- even for the small things, that previously would have gone unnoticed. Kudos works to encourage peer support and recognition, and helps set the standard for employees. Additionally, it helps the company see where we are thriving and maybe the spaces we want to have more growth. It can be more the just recognition- it can be for announcements, events, and even internal marketing. It is a great way to have an internal platform for all the good.

Cons

I wish it was integrated, I wish it could be connected to our intranet, or similar, so we did not need be logged in. It is also great to have the reminders to use Kudos- as sometimes it can be forgotten.

Queen A. Queen A.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Importance of Kudos

Its wonderful and it brightens the day of the receiver .

Pros

From my understanding, kudos is an appreciative platform . In this light , we have the possibility to assign points and appreciate any help given us by our colleagues .
I like kudos for that very fact of its appreciative tendencies .
I equally like kudos because its easy to go about it .
More so the look and feel is quite good.
I really do appreciate kudos for the fact that it shares very important things about people such as birthdays and can help you remember a colleague's birthday thereby making a gesture.
I could go on and on but I think this and more makes me love kudos software.

Cons

One of the things I dont like about kudos is the fact that not everyone's name is there .
Secondly, the points are limited. Meaning if I need to give 10 impressive kudos to 10 people in a week my kudos would finish without me getting the chance to appreciate others.

Chelsea F. Chelsea F.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Kudos = Smiles

It's the little things that make me happy and kudos is one of those little things. <3

Pros

Kudos is definitely always a crowd pleaser. It always tickles my heart when I find kudos has been left for me or I do the same for someone else. It's the little things that give those awesome nuggets of happiness. Kudos does that for me!

Cons

Not enough kudos to give. I want an infinite amount to give away. Jk!

Omar Z. Omar Z.

Reviewed on 18/02/2019

A Great Platform for Recognition

Pros

Managers and employees interact together as friends because of using this platform.

Cons

Limited "points to give" each month.
Searching for people takes a lot of steps.
Tagging people sometimes doesn’t work properly.

Elizabeth H. Elizabeth H.

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Love Kudos

Honestly, when giving out Kudos it's like receiving cash for a job well done. Having the ablity to give out to my fellow peers and the faces they have when they receive Kudos is priceless. The experience has been overall GREAT!

Pros

It's easy to use, especially for the older generation. Everything can be found right off the back.

Cons

Nothing that I least like about it, as it's a great too overall.

Kaylee H. Kaylee H.

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Kudos Review

I love it. I love the concept of it.

Pros

I like the social media-like structure of the site. It makes it easy to navigate and use!

Cons

It looks a bit bland, design wise, I can't lie.

Stephen O. Stephen O.

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Kudos review

Rewarding workmates with points

Pros

Shining feature with points to recognise workmates upon certain achievements

Cons

Points are given differed depending on job levels

Olben F. Olben F.

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Benefits of kudos

Kudos is easy to use and it enables me to recognize others

Pros

It is very simple to use and it is accurate

Cons

It has limited points to give out to other employees

Julie V. Julie V.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Absolutely Awesome! Our Employee Love It!

Excellent employee morale!! Great retention tool!

Pros

Recognizing employees -making them feel valuable. Allowing co-workers to recognize and appreciate each other. Great tool for managers to use to appreciate the little things- and also the big things!!Set up was relatively easy - and our staff has had no issues using it. The only thing I would like to see is maybe more ideas on how to keep this fresh and exciting for the long haul.

Chris S. Chris S.

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

Very cool software allows our team to stay connected and give Kudos in a timely manner

Since we are 100% a remote staffing company, with everyone working from home, Kudos helps us stay in touch in friendly and timely manner that encourages some fun and playfulness in the workplace.

Pros

It encourages us to give praise when earned.
It allows us to give timely feedback.
It keeps us informed of birthdays and work anniversaries.
It gives managers and all staff visibility into our Kudos and allows others to comment (if we to public).
It uses a point system that keeps things in check so Kudos are truly earned.

Cons

My only wish is that it let us say something negative, in private, when necessary. We need negative Kudos.

Jordan H. Jordan H.

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Great incentive for accommodating fellow employees.

I love it, I've never felt so accomplished when getting compliment calls and being rewarded for it. Awesome feature to have in any working atmosphere to push greater success.

Pros

The user-friendly interface allows an easy and fast way to recognize someone for their positive actions. Being able to reward someone in a work place helps promote a positive and fun working environment.

Cons

I feel the way we view our Kudos could be sorted differently. I feel they should have categories depending on whether its feedback, kudos, or an announcement. And sort them from newest to oldest just because I've noticed I cant find some of my Kudos to look over and see my compliments. But other than that, it is smooth and easy to use.

Thomas D. Thomas D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

Relationships

We're working alot better as a team accomplishing more that's is what will make us great if we can accomplish that will be champions if not we will get ran over by the train

Pros

I like the fact you get to acknowledge people for what great things they did at work makes then feel appreciated

Cons

I wish you could also let the people who do a bad job in the workplace because part of it is also accountability where you can get rewarded for the great things you do and also get reviewed on the bad things because there is always a good amount of that at the workplace

Ugo C. Ugo C.

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Use of this product has changed behavior in our company for the better!

Main benefit is that we can tie specific behavior/activity to company CORE VALUES

Pros

Love that you can publicly (within our company) share the good that others have done AND tie those to our company Core Values!

Cons

Not much to NOT like. I used to be able to give away even earned points...which I can no longer do... I'll submit with Help and see what happens.

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

Kudos User

Has been great to use with our company. I'm a Manager of my department and I love being able to send kudos to my team to reward them for doing a great job. It's a great way to gives bonuses more often.

Pros

It's very easy to use as an employee. Very self explanatory in terms of operation.

Cons

Desktop version is great, but the app version can be kind of glitchy sometimes.

• Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

Great Software

Our company implement this software to reward the employees. We are doing different Kudos challenges to make it more engaging which further helps in developing the morale.

Pros

Its a great platform for praising or honouring an employee or staff member. It really helps in bringing the employees together by recognizing them.

Cons

The only con I have found in the Kudos till date is that I could not connect it with my linkedin. It is showing some errors. Otherwise its hard to find any cons in this. Great work done!

Noel R. Noel R.

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Kudos

Recognition. I see everyone use it.

Pros

Easy to use and provide recognition to others either privately or publicly.

Cons

This is not really a con but we have some that don't feel the software is truly anonymous. I don't believe this is a software issue but if there is a way to make this more known that would be nice.