About Salesforce Essentials

SalesforceIQ is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution suitable for small to medium-sized businesses across a variety of industries. Key features include sales automation and a customer interaction...

Browse Salesforce Essentials Reviews

Chance M.

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Do Not Assume Anything

The best advice that I can give to a company considering purchasing Salesforce's Desk.com is to document every single expectation and need regarding a CRM tool. Do not assume any functionality exists, regardless of how simple and standard that functionality may seem. There are definitely features and functionalities that the average person might expect any modern system to offer which it does not.

Examples:
List Views - Cannot sort by most fields, cannot add custom fields to list views, and cannot modify the number of records per page
Reporting - Cannot modify fields displayed in a report, cannot edit criteria for metrics, and cannot include custom fields in reports aside from picklists, and cannot export more than 2500 records at a time
Email - Does not include standard modern emailing functions such as underlining, highlighting, modifying font color, or pasting images/tables

Also, while some more complex workflows and automation can be built in Salesforce to update fields which are then passed back to Desk via Desk Connect (native sync between Desk and Salesforce), I strongly recommend against relying on Desk Connect for any business processes. Desk Connect can and has been turned off by Desk.com for all customers without first ensuring this is okay with the customer, interrupting daily business on a large scale. It is also extremely easy to break or surpass its capabilities of Desk Connect to the point that any modification, regardless of size, made to your Salesforce org must be communicated to Desk to ensure that Desk Connect will continue to function as expected.

If you are a small-scale organization/team with very basic case tracking and reporting requirements capable, Desk may very well be the answer for you. But you still better be prepared with extensive documentation of all requirements and expectations for a tool like Desk, no matter how small or obvious they may be.

Pros

Simple UI
Simple workflow building and management

Cons

Extremely limited in its capabilities
Desk Support reps are not thorough when reading emails
ETA's on fixes/patches pushed back for months

Shannon R.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

A decent program

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Very self explanatory. It will not allow you to do something your not suppose to do. Basically a guideline throughout the program

Cons

There are some work arounds that should be updated by now. That makes for a longer process

Gabriela S.

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Great Experience - just put took off one star for the work that needs to be done

I was able to save time in the company I work for. The software was easy to use and easy to implement into daily activities.

Pros

I loved the fact that they worked on the integrations and being able to make things to the mainstream. I was able to quickly show other workers how to use this product and quickly incorporate it into our business. This is a lot easier than our last software.

Cons

Running the reports is something we would all have a bit of trouble to do, there would be little things here and there that prevented our productivity. There are also some filters or basic features that should be fine-tuned a bit more but nothing too bad.

Top Salesforce Essentials Alternatives

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

I have used DESK daily to submit support tickets to our support team as a Project Manager.

Pros

It is easy to use DESK and submit tickets and track and search for your submitted tickets to see the status of those tickets.

Cons

It is easy to search but I do believe there could be additional ways to search more easily and produce more accurate results.

April J.

Reviewed on 18/04/2016

Not great, unless you're super tight with Salesforce

We'd migrated from Zendesk, which is a system I will never ever have complaints about again after using Desk.

As for some of the things I couldn't deal with:

#1, and most egregious limitation: Only one agent can be working on a ticket at a time, and there's no way to kick out that other agent. Someone opens a ticket, then goes to lunch? Guess that customer isn't getting a response for the next hour. Just hope it doesn't happen over the weekend, which it totally did! This was a deal-breaker.

#2: Sessions were weird. You could be logged in to one session at a time, so if you went from home to work, you'd have to log in again. Not a huge problem given the browser can remember your password, but that "Remember Me" checkbox on their login page is a placebo at best.

#3: The "rules" system for routing tickets.
Tasks that should have been simple (like routing emails after hours) are left up to these weirdly complicated "Rules," including "Time Rules."

#4: Two agent interfaces. One old, one half-baked. We were sold on the "Next Gen Agent" interface since it looked and felt more like Zendesk, but it was messy. It felt contrived, like the product of deadlines and misapplied research. The Classic interface worked much better, though it was certainly showing its age.

But there were things I really liked:

#1: Chat! The chat system was really nice, everything came in as a ticket and it was very intuitive. The chat system in Desk was definitely better than Zendesk's weird implementation of Zopim.

#2: The ability to forward tickets out to an external address. This is probably because Desk operates a bit more like an inbox.

#3: The support and help articles. This product would have way fewer stars if not for its Support team. They were always patient and helpful, even when my frustration started showing about their product. They come off as the kind of people who enjoy what they do. Additionally, the documentation was generally well-maintained.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend Desk before any other platform I've used (including Zendesk, OTRS, and Tender...except, maybe Tender) unless you're starting totally fresh and also expect to have tight Salesforce integration. The people really make the product, which is good 'cause they have a lot to make up for...

Jose G.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Reviewing salesforce essentials

Good, but again only used helpdesk part of it.

Pros

Very easy to use the help desk ticket system.

Cons

Not sure about rest of the software but only used help desk ticketing.

Eric M.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

Sales and Automation Software

Our experience using salesforce has been great. We primarily utilise it for invoicing and report generation of the overall view of the business. We also utilise it for our internal communications.

Pros

I like the interactive UI that makes access to varying tools and functionalities easy. I also like the mobile experience and the ability to integrate the software with third-party softwares. I also like the reporting tools that enhance prompt communication.

Cons

Salesforce can be very heavy when handling multiple pages which often leads to lags. There are additional issues that occur in customisation and merging of pages.

Kelly G.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Not for me

Not very good. I gave up.

Pros

The promise of its reputation. I didn’t expect so much difficulty with using it.

Cons

I’m not new to CRMs but I had so much trouble trying to customize it for my needs. Customer service wasn’t very helpful. I was disappointed.

Victoria M.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

We had ours customized at my former employer as per needs and found it to be very easy to use!

It kept me on track when the company I worked for integrated it in the sales process. Helped me to stay focused and organized with call backs and meetings I had set up previously.

Pros

Made it easier to follow up on leads, track customer interaction and set meetings with clients. Provided a great overview of each customer/client.

Cons

As with all software that requires documentation, it's the actual entering recaps of conversations with customers and meetings that is always the 'chore'. Most salespeople find this to be the challenge.

best CRM, hands down

For a salesperson, there's a holy grail of seamless interaction between email, contacts, and your pipeline. Tons of people have worked on this problem, but they all have shortcomings. RelateIQ has solved this by implementing best in class back end tech with a clean and intuitive UI.

Pros

-Automatic email integration
-Automatic "follow up" management
-Reporting
-Contact organization and curation
-Integration w outside tools via API

Cons

-Young company, so some features are still on the horizon, but you know they are coming given what they've been able to accomplish to date.

Ashley S.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Straightforward to use

Pros

It is easy to use and set up workflows. The dashboards are very intuitive and show you who is working on what.

Cons

The reporting in this is just awful. Does not provide anything similar to what Saleforce provides unfortunately, and even the custom reports are bad.

Ashley C.

Reviewed on 17/11/2015

A Great Solution!

We are an SMB company that needed a real case management system as our customer success team grew. The setup itself was fast and smooth, and we were up and running quickly. It's proven a much better home for our case management and support center content than Salesforce cases and WordPress. As our team expands, we've been able to smoothly teach our new members how to respond to case, perform triage, and use the macros. It's a wonderful system that is intuitive to learn and teach.

Jessica H.

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

It works for our business model

We foster an all-company support model so we love the ability to use flex agents and we need detailed reports which Desk provides so it fits our two major requirements. Additionally our Sales Team utilizes Salesforce and our Marketing Team uses Pardot so we really love that the three programs and three Teams can easily work together and share projects, goals and successes. One feature we wish Desk had was the option to export an Excel list of macros.

Tanay P.

Reviewed on 06/10/2016

Review number 1

I liked it a lot actually. It was really easy to use. The code quality was awesome and

Devarshi M.

desk.com Review

Learned about desk.com capability today during Sales executive briefing and was thrilled to note that company information and company information and company hierarchy can be pulled from Desk.com and integrated with Account object

• Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 23/04/2014

Fantastic and scarily easy to use!

RelateIQ is fantastic and scarily easy to use. It's helped me stay on top of my leads at my startup! It's a solution great for a small team just starting out or an army of sales reps trying to stay ahead of the competition.

Joseph K.

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

Director of R&D

14 yr medical device testing and verification

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/05/2014

RelateIQ is great, works perfectly

RelateIQ is basically exactly what our company needed. It works for small companies all the way to large companies. Richard is super helpful and the product performs really well. Highly recommended!

Rob A.

Desk.com is GREAT!

I started using this tool as a ticketing system. Have found zero issues thusfar, with incredible ease of use!

Cory B.

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

Amazing for Non-Profits!

Desk.com is Amazing! It allows us to have a 360 degree view of all the user supported tickets that come through our plat form.

Karina C.

Reviewed on 04/10/2016

Cool but reportin could be better

I love the interface but wish I can scale my reports more and get more data on tickets opened/closed.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 23/04/2014

Great tool for prospecting

Love the Closest Connections feature that allows me to figure out how I can leverage my company's network to reach out to a potential lead

• Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Not Meant for Small Business

Never again. It is not a user-friendly tool for a small business.

Pros

I've never liked using Salesforce. It's clunky, sterile, and a beast to master. I thought I could tackle the beast as we were experiencing incredible growth in our marketing agency. Bad idea! It really is not built with small businesses in mind.

Cons

Where to begin? User experience. Team collaboration. Actually making sure the platform was working for us.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

The best CRM available

Light years ahead of the competition. There isn't a better overall CRM solution out there. Period.

Best tool for any and all BD/sales professionals