About Mailjet

Mailjet is a cloud-based email automation solution that helps small to large businesses create, manage, send and optimize email marketing as well as transactional emails. The platform offers a drag-and-drop builder that allows...

Browse Mailjet Reviews

Alexandra N.

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

A good software but with some flaws

So far, given we can fix the issues in connecting to our custom domain, we are satisfied. With some reservations mentioned above.

Pros

I like the fact that Mailjet has a very clear UI- and it is easy to find and craft new campaigns. They have also been one of the very first email systems to be GDPr compliant- and hence on my radar for very long. We had an account since 2019, but only recently started to consider automating our emails. The trial limit for daily emails is generous too.

Cons

However, there are some issues. Connecting our domain was problematic, and email automation is only available to premium users. This should be available to free users as well, maybe limiting the free daily emails at the same time. It takes time to think automation processes through, and 30 days trial might be too little to decide whether the system is right for a user or not. I at least take time to properly test a software.

Drip and MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

I used Mailchimp ages ago, and did not like their UI.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Cheaper than Drip, More free emails than MailerLite, and GDPR compliant
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Awesome tool for email marketing!

Targeting our potential new clients and maintaining relationships with our loyal customers is made easy by creative EDMs generated through Mailjet. I didn’t even need a dedicated graphic artist to help me develop my email campaigns.

Pros

Mailjet is a dream software for marketers like myself. It’s the perfect software for promotions and campaigns using email. I am pleased that it has no daily limit for sending emails to your customers, clients, and subscribers. It also has an excellent categorization tool to manage your database well based on demographics.

It also has a robust EDM editor that features incredible templates that you can use intuitively. And on top of that, this software is very affordable.

Cons

It can be a little stubborn when deleting old archives and contacts. Updates must focus on managing old campaign data so you can easily discard them, and it won’t clutter your existing campaigns.

Katerina V.

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

Mailjet facilitates product management

In general I like Mailjet. You set up it once and you forget about it because you know that it is running like clockwork. I always recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Mailjet is quite easy to set up and use. The latest improvements that were implemented this year make the creation of nice looking emails for different platforms very convenient. User-friendly, colorful and intuitively understandable.

Cons

The most irritating thing about Mailjet is when the account is blocked for some reason and you message to the support they just say "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security rules. We unblock your account". They never say what exactly is incorrect with the domain despite the fact that it could help their customer to improve his domain security or change the hosting. Or as another example, when you have just created your account, you may get the message "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security flags. We cannot allow you to use our system." No any other clarification what exactly their security system didn't like. And you have to go to their competitors.

Top Mailjet Alternatives

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Outstanding Mailing Management Software

Pros

MailJet is extremely easy to use and makes the process of generating mailings extremely simple. The UI for generating mailings is intuitive and simple, yet powerful and able to accomodate pretty much anything you'd want to put into an email. I use it generally for doing newsletters to a large group of about 5,000 subscribers.

The overall interface for managing Contacts lists and Campaigns is well done and understandable. Adding and removing subscribers from Contact lists is fairly straightforward and mostly great.

On the rare occasions when I've needed support, they've always been extremely fast and knowledge-able, and solved the issue in short order.

Cons

Three things about Contact lists are a bit annoying:
1) There doesn't seem to be any way to automatically remove Unsubscribed Contacts: you have to download them manually, then upload them to remove them.
2) Same thing with Bounced or other Contacts that you discover from the post-Campaign analysis: there's no button to say "Remove these from my Contact List": you must download them, then remove them through the removal interface
3) Errors from uploading new Contacts is a little clunky when there are errors: again it generates a file that you have to download and look at separately. For most errors (duplicate address, typos, invalid format, etc) in the little uploads that I do as part of expanding the list, I'd just like to see the darned things immediately on the screen so that I could either ignore them (i.e. dups) or fix them (typos & invalid format). Only if the errors go beyond some threshold (say more than 10, and it could be user-settable), should it do the file-generate-and-download thing.

Andrew S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

SMTP relay for all my emails

I use mailjet in daily work and keep in mind if one of the clients asks for advise or recommendation. Mailjet offers and provide so many working services and features that while one implements them there is no time to think about the shortcomings.

Pros

1. innovative technologies and features
2. the necessary functions that can be extended and / or scaled if necessary
8. free plan and fair pricing
9. intuitive admin web UI
10. documentation and clear tutorials

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

A very basic service that is seriously lacking in terms of marketing

To be honest, I used to own the most advanced autoresponder service on the market. It was designed around marketers' needs and did its job to perfection. I sold the company a few years ago and have been operating manually ever since. This is not a good way to run an online business so I searched for an affordable email marketing service and was recommended to try Mailjet.

I even had someone from our local chamber of commerce come to the company to show me how to set it up. That alone should speak volumes about its user unfriendliness because if someone who had developed similar software couldn't understand it, what chance does the common man have?

The fact that they refuse questions from potential customers has to be the icing on the cake. I mean, can you imagine walking into a store and asking a salesman a question about an item you are interested in purchasing, only to receive the reply "Sorry but we only accept questions from existing customers."? It is a shame because I would happily work with them to take their product to an entirely new level.

As things stand, their system is overly complicated and unnecessarily so. It doesn't cost much because it doesn't offer very much.

Pros

When compared to competing services, its pricing is quite competitive.

Cons

The interface is far from intuitive, especially if you have used other services in the past.
Much of it does not work as it is supposed to. You can waste a lot of time repeating actions until the system finally reacts.
Server response is incredibly slow.
Most of the most important functions needed to use the system for marketing purposes are missing.
As a potential customer trying the software with a view to becoming a permanent user, you may not contact support. They literally refuse all questions from potential customers!

Response from Mailjet

Hello, we are very sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching us. If you need to contact us in the future, you can write to us at [email protected] We remain open to all comments and we'd be happy to assist you. Best, the Mailjet team.

Replied 26/11/2019
Samuel N.

Reviewed on 09/11/2016

Mailjet a simple way to send emails

Mailjet is a simple way to send emails, manage campaigns and have good control over marketing campaigns. Very simple to use and with good technical support always ready to help.
For the development of my web applications and the sites I create I always use the service to be able to control the emails and to have in an instantaneous way all the dashboards that help me to perceive the state of the emails sent.

Pros

Simple and very easy to use,
Has good technical support,
Very nice and useful dashboards

Steven J.

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Faultless Service

It's a solid relay service which I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Pros

It's an excellent mail service that I've had zero problems with. No outages, nothing. Which means I have no headache in trying to get something to work or maintain it.

Cons

Nothing, I honestly can't think of anything other than it's not free, but I pay a pittance for what I do get to use, which I can't complain about because it's so well priced.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

I thought it was going to be difficult to setup but it was a breeze!

The biggest benefit is of course to be able to mass mail without having an issue with getting your own email server liste.

Pros

The thing I like most is that as a service it just works, the end. I have never had any service related issues from Mailjet.

Cons

I hate to say nothing but so far I have had no complaints with the product or the service. So far all has been exactly as promised.

Andrea G.

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

We have tested different services for email delivery, Mailjet is the best IMHO

Pros

Deliverabilty is very high, webhooks and callback for bounces if fantastic, history of delivery by user is a great debugging tool

Cons

We have used a bandwidth based delivery service (instead of credits) in the last years and this model is more suitable for us because we have a lot of email but we are not worried about delivery times

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Stop using unregistered email servers

Mailjet solves the problem presented by scripting your unregistered email sends. Many mail clients treat unregistered email as spam.

Pros

The API is simple, clear and well documented.

Cons

I only use the API for use as a mail server to send email from websites. There is nothing I don't like about it.

William L.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Mailjet is amazing!!!

Mailjet allows my email to be accessed universally regardless of platform!!! The experience had been absolutely superb!!

Pros

I run a webmail client on my email server, and can usually only send and receive via that webmail client..... but with mailjet's SMTP service, I can use ANY email client on mobile or pc to check mail on the go!! Love it!!

Cons

NO CONS WHATSOEVER!! I have not yet experienced anything negative at all!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Easy to Go SMTP Service

We are using the SMPT service of Mailjet as SMTP Relay Server for our own local email server. The amount of monthly emails is still free, but even if we would have to upgrade, it would be quite affordable. So far we have no problems, the setup process is easy and the web page provides all information and administration tools we need.

Pros

- Easy to handle
- Reliable
- Affordable
- Clear instruction for the necessary DNS settings

Cons

The handling of the sender domains could be easier. You have to save a txt file on your homepage and this was in our case not easy to organise.

Ishan S.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 21/09/2019

Simple, easy, works as it should

Pros

MailJet is great. You can send a large amount of mail for free. Not only that, but it is extremely easy to link up to your API and send template-ed messages. I have used it for all my automated emails and love it.

Cons

Sometimes, this software can be hard to use. For example, there are a few times when I changed transactional templates and it disabled the software from sending mail.

Sudhakar M.

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

Mailjet for Email Marketing

I have used Mailjet for delivering my Marketing emails. Over all good but if you don't get response to your list in starting days they stop your delivery. So you have start your campaign with sending recent responders so that you will some responses and they deliver your full campaign.

Pros

Easy to use drag and drop email template builder, pricing of email sends is low comparing with other softwares in the industry. Good for starters who are into email marketing.

Cons

Delivery of emails for new accounts is limited to very low quantity. They deliver very low 20-30 emails per 30 minutes for new marketers.

Paul S.

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

We've had multiple problems with Mailjet cutting us off or going down but like the ability to...

Pros

Ability to search by email address to see the list of emails sent. What's great is that it shows the email subject and status so you can show what was sent, when and when it was delivered.

The hooks are ok

Cons

Very manual process to get someone unblocked and can be slow.

If they are blocked, you still get charged for the email. The email doesn't get queued, so it's lost...

We've also had a problem with our server config so that it sent thousands of email requests to an email address that didn't exist (the mx record didn't even exist!!). We didn't receive an alert of this and got charged hundreds of pounds.

We note that with SendGrid we can just click a button to unblock someone. Saves so much time and makes our clients happy. We're considering swapping to be honest; but they don't show the email subject

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Mailjet is simply the best bang for your buck

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive interface. Ability to create templates, schedule email deployments and most importantly we were able to segment sub-accounts at no additional cost via our agency account for our various clients.

Cons

When setting up a new client and/or importing a new subscriber list there is a chance that if they've not been emailed prior you might trip the sensors if your spam/unsub rate is even a little high. Ensure you have a squeaky clean list prior to importing.

Lisa P.

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Tried them all and Mailjet does it best!

Pros

Mailjet is the first email marketing platform that I have found with updated email layouts, templates, and quick editing abilities for customizing to our brand. The user experience on the dashboard, campaign editor and template editor pages is very modern, clean, easy to use, and has every feature I need. Designing, sending and reporting on email success is a breeze!

Cons

The list management could use a little updating. For instance, adding a new email address to a contact card or updating the existing one - these features are missing. The way Mailjet has set up the updating of contacts is confusing, it's as if you have to go through the upload steps all over again even if you are making edits to one contact. List management, in general, is missing quite a few features that would drastically improve UX. When in a contact card and viewing the lists subscribed to, it would be nice to have some buttons/links to add to additional lists or remove from current ones. Right now, you have to go into the lists, find the contact and remove them (which by the way SORTING capabilities for each column would be nice).

Marine D.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Good experience

Pros

Creating an email is very easy and the interface is user friendly. Like that I can reuse templates that I have made.

Cons

My account was on the old version and I had to create a new one to get the new features. would have liked it to be transfered directly.
I only use about 2000 emails per month so would have liked a reduced price for sporadic users.
would like to be able to delet more contacts at once from a list. The contact management page is complicated.

Tom O.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

I send b-to-b campaigns using mailjet, and find the experience to be very successful.

Ease of use, good reporting, better results.

Pros

Mailjet keeps my data and allows me to turn on and off the subscription, so I can utilize more features on an as needed basis. I like the reporting. I like the ease of sending mailings. I can launch a campaign in less than 1 hour and see immediate results.

Cons

Would like easier storage of templates I create for use next time. Would like better segmentation of lists that I upload. More ways to access my target audience.

Response from Mailjet

Hello Tom,
thank you for your review and for your precise remarks that we are taking into consideration!

Have a nice week and see you soon on Mailjet :)
The Mailjet Crew

Replied 09/04/2018
Warren H.

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Breezy experience sending beautiful mail

Pros

The API is wonderful. It's usually not a question of whether or not I can do what I would like to do on Mailjet, rather just a what to search in the API search bar.

The site is user friendly and easily navigable. And in times when it could be confusing, the explanations, helper text, and tutorials offer great guidance.

Cons

The campaign dashboard doesn't quite have enough features for me. I would love to be able to send in extra data to sort by other than the campaign name, especially with transactional email. I can do all of the sorting on my own if I choose to save all the data in my server, but I'd rather be able to view the info where it is, in a more meaningful way to me.

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Happy customer

Pros

The outstanding reputation of their mail servers, which helps very much in keeping spam near zero.

Cons

Somethimes our account was blocked for a little time, but only to verify that we were fully compliant, so it is not a real dislike, its part of using a very professional service quality-oriented.

Timothy B.

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

MailJet for Easy Mail...

Pros

Mailjet provides both direct secure SMTP access as well as a decent REST API with clear easy t understand documentation.

Cons

Functionality wise it is a very rich solution, the only challenge I have is seeing the unverified sender addresses or what emails are being sent from an unverified email, so I get a number of email suggesting I have reached the limit of the number of sender addresses on my account but I am unable to identify what email address is attempting to send the emails.

Terry R.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Used this program for a number of years to track transaction and small-scale deployments

Tracking to make sure that our emails get through and are being read by our intended receipients.

Pros

The information that it gives regarding delivery, opens and clicks in real time. Not hard to set up and gives me the information that I need.

Cons

I don't like the new version of the software--the new interface is harder for me to navigate and get the quick information that I look for.

Reviewed on 04/12/2017

So far so good, easy to install and run. Never had a single problem.

Pros

I needed simple and safe email provider for my Word Press based website & web-store. Mailjet was correct choice. It was easy to install and to integrate.