About botkeeper

botkeeper is a bookkeeping service built with machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI). It can integrate with popular accounting software like Quickbooks Online and can pull data from bank platforms and other sources....

Browse botkeeper Reviews

John R.

Botkeeper

Right now I'm only testing the Botkeeper team on my most important client. They have consistently performed (or outperformed) whenever I had feedback for them. This bodes well for the future when I expect to add at least 5-10 more clients in the future!

Pros

I just hung out the shingle on my new CPA firm, and I want to use a strategic partner like Botkeeper to help me scale. So I love that I can white label the platform while having a dedicated team of accountants assigned to my clients.

Cons

I feel like their portal still has room for improvement even after their recent upgrade. One of the worst problems was the difficulty editing the dashboards for your own needs. That was one of the improvements on this last rollout.

Pilot and Bench

Reasons for Switching to botkeeper

I was lucky enough to meet the Botkeeper founder Enrico Palmerino. And I wanted to work with a young, scrappy, and hungry competitor. And now that they recently completed a new financing round, I have to say that the future looks bright.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

BotKeeper does the job well enough so I don't have to do it myself, but it still has a way to...

I think they are on track to be a good service. The idea that a bot is doing anything innovative and life changing is not apparent at all. It still seems to me that they have a U.S. based CPA overseeing bookkeeping workers employed overseas.

Pros

The price was decent and the issues that needed to be corrected were laid out relatively easily for me with screenshots sent to my email.

Cons

They have a dashboard function that projects future earnings and other customizations that I requested, but it was a hassle to log in to. I ended up not using it at all but instead kept relying on their updates on my Quickbooks profile.

Jonathan M.

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Wonderful tool!

Pros

Automating certain accounting functions to eliminate manual processes

Cons

Can't think of any cons; the tool is great and the people at botkeeper are amazing

Top botkeeper Alternatives

QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks Online

Kyle G.

Terrific Bookkeeping Option at a Reasonable Price

Pros

I like the individual care given to us by our multiple account managers. As an Ecommerce company, I also like how automated everything is and how everything is primarily electronic.

Cons

There definitely can be a ramp up period in the beginning where lots of your time will be spent explaining how your business works, what accounts you use, etc. Not necessarily a knock on botkeeper though since I think this is a universal thing.

Alexander S.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Botkeeper Review

Easiest way to manage accounting, bills, expenses, etc... Was very easy to do all remotely and not needing to have a bookkeeper in office every week.

Pros

Was a simple way to manage and track all company financials.

Cons

Would like a better and simpler dashboard. My business was simple in accounting nature however would have been easier to see on a simple dashboard.

David R.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Great alternative to traditional bookkeeping

Pros

Customer service is fast and attentive. They spend time figuring out answers to all my questions. Changes are made quickly and with great communication.

Cons

I don't use their backend features at all. I just use Quickbooks Online.

Matt S.

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Botkeepr Review

Pros

Freeing bandwidth through automated processes and the quick email response time.

Cons

There will always be a steeper learning curve for new processes, since the Botkeeper system is administered outside of company's regular operation.

Jonathan W.

bugs

pretty poor. i think you have a lot of bugs to work out.

Pros

Looks great - clearly you've spent most of your time on the look of the site.

Cons

you've changed the URL, changed where you've put info, downloading PDFs or data always gets rejected with error messages, Chrome sometimes works, and IE sometimes works. The "click here" to download docs is gone... No hyperlinks in any email messages to go direct to the CORRECT website to u/d or answer questions...thats enough.

Dylan H.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Great team behind a time-saving product

I'm new, and haven't gotten through onboarding yet. But, I've met several members of the team in person, longtime users of the tool, and interacted with customer service online, and I've been impressed every step of the way.

Pros

- Innovative
- Saves time bookkeeping
- Helpful customer service team

Cons

There's a bit of an onboarding process that isn't exactly quick. It is worth it though, and it makes sense that a bot trained to your specific business requires a little upfront setup.

• Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Haven’t used it but great ppl

Informed smart people and live accountants

Pros

Haven’t used it yet but great people& Service!

Cons

Nothing yet need to get the trial software

Jules L.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Bot keeper review

Been a great experience and process to work with Bot keeper

Pros

Simple, easy, and effective. None of us are accountants, so it’s great to have easy help to keep our books up to date.

Cons

Sometimes the bot system has mixups, but nothing major and we’ve been able to resolve every time.

Christina J.
  • Used for Free Trial

Bookkeeping made easy

Pros

Great user experience. gain navigate without much trouble

Cons

The number of transactions you can do in certain plans

Dana D.

Reviewed on 20/10/2018

Great Ideas-young company still working out issues

Our experience has been somewhat neutral. We are waiting on certain logistics to our situation. We would like to see the over all mechanism or A/R and A/P and bill pay in motion. The ideas of this are phenomenal and once they start will give this you g company a leaders edge.

Pros

The idea of a 1 stop shop, the bundle features of all financial needs and a personalized bookkeeper with support of their in house team.

Cons

Receiving reports in a timely manner, would like a more modern real time app.

Sandra S.
  • Industry: Insurance

G&N Input for botkeeper

I have all payment electronic and by check on spreadsheets which I love. I can print or write out the checks. This has saved a lot of time for botkeeper as well as they do not have to send sub category sheets all the time because it is on the spreadsheet with description of what the check was for. I love how fast they respond to questions and I love the fact that they were willing to share these features with me to make my job easier.

Pros

I like the accuracy and availability to access our books.

Cons

I do not like the new all over the place one drive searches. I liked all of my botkeeper on one page. I feel all over the place now. I have a shared spread sheet on one page, the portal on another and the check printing on another. So for me switching to one drive from the one page of botkeeper is going to take time for me to get used to it. I like the portal page before when you open up with passwords and all information on front page. I understand it will make it easier for botkeeper but it necessarily isn't as easy for us. I find you can't print the management report off the portal because you need to scroll down to access everything on the page. If you print you will not get all the information.

Alissa S.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Personal Customer Service

Pros

Botkeeper is very organized and easy to use. You are provided with a personal contact that is there with you every step of the way. Everyone at Botkeeper is very responsive and helps you get any question answered.

Cons

It is not 100% hands off. The software still requires attention.

Tiana R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

With ease

Overall, the company is pleased with the service.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate helping to make my role more manageable.

Cons

Having to wait for a response from our botkeeper can be an inconvenience but not terrible.

David K.

Reviewed on 05/06/2019

Great solutiono for our bookkeeping

Overall a great company and team.

Pros

It is a team managing our accounts instead of just one person.

Cons

There is a lot of back and forth to accomplish day to day bills and ongoing projects.

Brittney N.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Helpful but not the complete package

it's a good fit for our small company but as our needs get more complex we will most likely grow out of it.

Pros

response time is getting faster and faster

Cons

we still have to do a lot of leg work in house

• Used for 1+ year

Botkeeper Review

Pros

It's not the software it's the service of customer service representative, its fantastic!

Cons

Onboarding / Best Practices etc would be great

Emily M.

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

Time & Money Saver

Pros

Beats the cost of hiring an accountant, also love the artificial mixed with the human intelligence

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate at times, but there's always someone to call for help

Joel D.

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Good Service with kinks

Pros

There is always availability of personnel and bots do a decent job.

Cons

There are glitches and sometimes there are issues with reporting data to and from the Bot Team.

Peter C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Awesome software with tremendous value

I love the idea of botkeeper and was grateful once it was up and running for my business.

Pros

-Saves a ton of time
-Works efficiently and seamlessly once set up
-Prevents my anxiety by always providing me an up to date assessment of my business, peace of mind.

Cons

- The free on boarding process seemed to take some time, there was a technical issue I had wasn't caught by the automated team.
-Once I got customer services involved everything was resolved and the benefits rolled in.

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Works Well for small group.

Contact is good.

Pros

Automated process works well.

Cons

Nothing. More expensive than originally advertised.

Kati K.

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Great Idea needs some time

Overall it has been a learning curve and growth experience for us as a company and learning this system; while botkeeper grows as well.

Pros

Botkeeper is growing and reformatting their value for their customers. They show promise of growth.

Cons

Change to not having a designated bookkeeper, inconsistent communication with one person.

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Pretty Hands on Team, but Implementation Can Take Some Time

Pros

The hands on nature of the team at Botkeeper

Cons

The amount of time it took to launch + various issues in transferring over credentials