About MailBird

Mailbird is an email marketing tool that helps businesses of all sizes manage multiple accounts and enhance workforce productivity. It is a Windows-based solution that enables users to sync and centralize emails and contacts from...

Browse MailBird Reviews

Nicholas L.

Great email client

Very positive. I've received good customer service and the price is very reasonable given that it's a one-off payment.

Pros

Set out nicely with a clear design. Love having whatsapp dropbox and google calendar all in one place integrated into the email client.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of I don't like about the product. I am very happy with it.

Gjergji K.
  • Industry: Design

Fast, attractive email client

Pros

It is fast, it loads fast. Very attractive interface. Very easy to use, all in one Inbox. I love the integration with Whatsapp, Wunderlist, gCalendar, gKeep and many more.

Cons

I miss some right-click menu options and tabs. I have accounts with lots of folder and I have to scroll to check them. If I could use tabs, they will show if any emails is in folder. I would like for external links such as in Twitter, Whatsapp to be opened in my default browser rather than in the built-in. You can play Twitter video inside Mailbird.

eM Client

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

I wanted to have a full trial, but not ready to pay for the price, but luckily there was an huge discount. I got Mailbird for 4 USD.
Danny E.

Reviewed on 20/07/2017

Mailbird is by far the best email client I have ever used and it helped me get to Inbox Zero

Mailbird helped me reach and maintain Inbox Zero for 1.5 years and counting. I am now far more organized in my life by being able to handle my email as it comes in daily instead of letting it fall behind.

Pros

Mailbird is single-handedly the best software that I have implemented in the last few years. I tried every desktop email client I could find and was extremely impressed with Mailbird right from the start. My goal in transitioning from Gmail in a browser to a desktop client was to be able to answer all of my emails while traveling and being disconnected from the internet. Now Gmail has an offline mode, but Mailbird still beats using Gmail in the browser because of all of its other features. I love having a shortcut [ctrl-alt-space] to start an email from anywhere on my computer. Their shortcut keys allow for very fast email composing, reading, and managing. There are many software integrations so you can sync to all of your email accounts, calendars, chats, project management software, etc. My New Year's Resolution in 2016 was to get to Inbox Zero and stay there. Mailbird helped me do this by organizing all of my email, making it easy to sort, and quickly reply. I am still at Inbox Zero 1.5 years later. It does a great job organizing your contacts, handling attachments, and managing your folders. It even has a way to search only your attachments to find that document from months ago that you can't remember who sent.

Cons

I really don't have any cons in using Mailbird other than they don't have a mobile app. This isn't a huge problem as there are other apps for mobile, but it would be very helpful to have the same look and feel on a phone.

Top MailBird Alternatives

Christopher j S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

Pros

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Cons

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Matthew E.

Reviewed on 07/08/2021

Mailbird is easily the best replacement for Outlook.

Pros

I switched from Outlook to Mailbird as Outlook continually crashed when opening up specific emails. I haven't had any of these issues with Mailbird.

Mailbird provides a very basic interface with the majority of options accessible through the application settings. I find this helps me focus more on the emails I have received as much more real estate is provided for these. I also love how you can see when people have received and opened an email so your not guessing whether they have read it when following up with them.

Cons

The filters that I have set up in Mailbird work, but when I run these manually they are far slower to run then Mailbird's competitors. While it does not crash the software, sometimes I can be waiting for many more minutes and so close the software to stop the filter running.

Hjalmar B.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Mailbird is a very simple to use but capable email client with some very handy app integrations...

Pros

Mailbird is an excellent and easy email client with which you can manage your different email accounts and your email's there within simple and quick. Third party app integration gives one the possibility to enhance once productivity by social media connections (Whatsapp and Facebook) and to-do lists, Google Calendar, Contacts, Keep, Evernote, Dropbox. This way, you have a very handy application which by a simple system of settings can be displayed in different manners. The email writer is easy and contains all necessary features.

Cons

There seems no pursue of the integration of more useful apps into mailbird but this might be in the development pipeline as well. A nicer automatic organizer of email groups (which groups all emails of one sender into one single group for easy management or tagging) would be very much appreciated.

Oleg G.

Great Outlook alternative

When we started our way to go away from Microsoft, the first step was to find alternatives to MS Office, it was easy to find replacement for Word and Excel, but for Outlook it was really hard to find an alternative. Mailbird became almost a perfect replacement, and even beaten Outlook in Gmail integration and Unified inbox.
Waiting a Linux version to continue our moving to Microsoft-free office.

Pros

- Unified inbox
- Support for Gmail/GApps labels
- Quick seach even in really big mailboxes (search in six mailboxes with total size 50+GB takes not more then 5 seconds)
- Affordable price

Cons

- No Linux version (one of apps, that still holds me on Windows)
- Search sometimes inaccurate, no complex search syntax
- Unable to create multiple signatures on the same mailbox (e.g. for me it's useful to have Russian and English signature on my bussiness mailbox at the same time)

Mehmetali K.

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Most Functional E-Mail Client

I have never used another e-mail client, since I met Mailbird. I hope thats enough.

Pros

I have been reaching my e-mail account by Web browser for along time. I discover Mailbird and everything changed. Most functional e-mail client I have use ever. User interface is so simplificative. It has not so many buttons on UI like others. Interface not exhausting for eyes. Especially Ideal for intensive works. You can focus directly e-mail contents. Dark Theme and many extensions makes it more cool.

Cons

Twitter extension does not work and internal İnternet browser should be more functional.

Benjamin e J.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Not Just an Email Client!

As a freelance writer, I manage multiple email accounts for personal and business communications, not to mention to-do lists, calendars, and notes. Previously, this would require several apps and pinned tabs in Chrome, which are a pain to track and clutter my space. Mailbird ties everything up nicely.

Pros

I like that Mailbird ties together all my email addresses and a few other web apps in just one program. Honestly, this single application has replaced about half a dozen others, which keeps my taskbar and systray cleaner. It also seems to have a lighter memory footprint, at least compared to opening multiple apps and webpages in Chrome.

Cons

Could use a few more customizable elements and integrations, specifically chat integrations, but these aren't deal breakers.

Skyler B.

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

Mailbird Pro is Great

I have been using Mailbird Pro for about two years now and couldn't imagine switching back to Outlook. It looks great, it's easy to use, all of the web apps I normally use with my email are directly integrated into the app. Custom support is out of this world, they consistently get back to me within a few hours with the exact answer that I need.

Pros

It's super easy to use and the interface is very clean and approachable. The multi-account support, and all of the add-ons make Mailbird the only email client I need.

Cons

No option to schedule emails for sending yet (although the support team said that they've been thinking about it)

Djordje T.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great overall

It is excellent. Just the text issues I mentioned above are my complain.

Pros

How well designed it is. Simple, clean customizable with colors etc. And also the fact that I can very easy use all of my email accounts at one place.

Cons

Zooming in the emails, makes text hardly readable. (sometimes even when not zooming att all) Especially the ones I am actually writing to send. This is an issue all the time and no update is fixing it so far. It is a big fat bug in the software. (I am using sometimes 4K monitor with 125% scaling in Windows10 so that could affect this behavior, but even when I go to my Laptop with native 1080p with no scaling at all, same thing happens.)
So please take a deeper look at this and try to solve it.

Jakub C.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Pretty and quite useful mailing client

I started to like emailing when it finally look nice and pretty. If you don't need complex mailing client and looking for something good looking and useful - that's it.

Pros

For me it's best looking mailing client, finally something more than just regular ugly window with ton of icons. It's well organized and you can change placement of elements the way you want. It's great that other software like dropbox and evernote connected in pro version.

User interface is great. Choice of colors, proportions and fonts is really good and it's important to me as a designer.

Cons

There's lack of some useful features that you can have in browser with gmail, like drag and drop conversation to folder or fact that you can't add more recipients while you're writing quick reply. Little details, but they can be a bit annoying sometimes.

Sometimes I don't like that settings are quite limited and I don't have as much features as in other mailing clients like Outlook.

I was also looking for free email client - you've got to pay for pro version and there is lot of software that is free. I'm using free version so my email client is containing ads and my account list is limited to three.

Michael M.

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Mailbird - Best Email Application

Mailbird offers a once-off licence purchase which a great plus for such a powerful email application. It has many other features which are top-notch like email tracking feature, advanced search, calendar slider.

Pros

Mailbird has never let me down, from the easiness of adding accounts, and its integration with calendar and contacts, it's just the best email application.

Cons

Mailbird can be a bit slow once in a while but I can live with that, it's not that bad. Sometimes when adding an email account, it is not that smooth.

Rick S.

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Great app, hideous customer service

Again, overall a great app. Just need to provide MUCH better customer service.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up. Seems pretty robust

Cons

1. The automatic conversation organization is a bit cumbersome.
2. I immediately had an issue with the automatic movement of emails to the Archive folder after responding to the email. A coworker sent me a screenshot. I replied: Thanks., the email is gone. I find it in the Archive folder (not optional) and the screenshot is no longer readable. It's showing like a picture that is not downloading. No problem, I'll just move it back to the Inbox. Still not retrievable. I try everything I can think of before attempting to contact customer service....email only. Slowish response from a very nice guy (apparently in India). Not a great grasp of the English language, poor grammar, and comprehension. This starts a pattern of questions and slow responses that literally lasts two weeks before I stopped responding... Unbelievably frustrating. I felt like an idiot having to ask my coworker to resend the screenshot to me 10 minutes later. Cannot imagine that this product will catch on in a strong way if they do not change their CS model.

William T.
  • Industry: Design

Smooth experience

I use it almost 18 hours a day! Its a life saver :)

Pros

Mailbird help me stay on track of all my e-mail inboxes.

Working by myself, it1s hard to log in a lot of mailboxes and the possibilty to have everything in just one place, without messing with configuration, is awesome and a big deal for me.

Cons

I think the only thing that could be better, is the integration with other apps, like WhatsApp, Trello or Todoist. Like a plugin.

David T.

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Best Windows email client!

Pros

I heard about MailBird some time before I bought a license. I use the software with my Windows 10 computer and have replaced my other email clients because I love it so much. It's got a really intuitive interface and does a great job following the modern Windows way of doing things. The built in Windows email client is lightweight while paying for the full Office suite gets you the bloated Outlook client. MailBird gives me a great email program and it is fast and intuitive. I recommend it when I get asked.

Cons

I can't think of anything, really. So far it has met my expectations beautifully.

Ramiro antonio L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Why is Mailbird a great mail program

Having everything together, neatly organized

Pros

The ease of use, having everything in one place, being able to store things quickly and neatly in folders related to each matter, Spanish speller is a plus.

Cons

Sometimes if you put the finger in the wrong key, specially when your are putting accents in Spanish by hitting the "ALT" key and the combination of number, you lose the e-mail and you have to start agai. It would be nice if it would have an autosave feature.

Franz B.

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

Unified Inbox with email tracking

Trying to get Inbox-Zero across several mail accounts

Pros

Unified Inbox across several accounts with the ability to move / archive messages across accounts. Builtin e-mail tracking and delayed send (requires that the computer is on with mailbird running in backgroud)
Integration with several programs ( Dropbox / Google Drive attachments ... etc )

Cons

only Windows version. I use Newton Mail in parallel, which as Windows / MacOS / Android / iOS versions, but it lacks the option to move messages across accounts.

Andréas H.

Reviewed on 15/03/2020

Competent email client

Mailbird is one of the better email clients for Windows I've used so far.

Pros

It's easy to integrate other communication methods for Mailbird. The software is quite cheap and as easy to use as a email client can be.

Cons

Mailbird feel's somewhat bulky and integrations does not really feel like an integrated part of the software.

Kypros V.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

A nice email client with lots of features

I use it as a secondary client for my personal email accounts and it serves me well.

Pros

It's very easy to use, with a lot of features. You can integrate it with most of social media and other services to have everything in one place. Also, if you get the pro version you get unlimited accounts and even email snoozing, a feature that is so good that was recently added to gmail.

Cons

If you don't pay for the pro version you only get 1 account. Also, if you add your Social media accounts and other services supported, it gets very heavy after some time

Robert F.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

The best email app on the Windows platform!

It really helped me answer my emails. Combined with yester-mail I am soooo close to get to inbox zero!

Pros

It is small and fast but gets things done, Has all the features I need for my email tasks without being cluttered.

Cons

not much, really. A mobile app would be nice and a "send later" function would also be usefull

Richard R.
  • Industry: Insurance

MailBird, Didn't know how I lived Without It Before

Absolutely love Mailbird and after a trail subscribed to it for life. One of the best decisions as far as software goes that I have ever made.

Pros

Software is excellent. The fact that I can look at all of my emails from more than a dozen different email accounts, is just plain awesome.

Cons

Cannot think of anything negative about the software or it's customer support.

Pedro G.
  • Industry: Program Development

Very Good Mail aggregator

My overall experience is satisfactory.

Pros

The seamless way in which you can aggregate various email accounts, as well as the features it has to improve mail reading and add-ons for other services like WhatsApp and Todoist.

Cons

Some minor bugs when opening links from the add-ons - it sometimes opens a browser different from the system default.

Rahul N.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 28/07/2018

Best email manager, unifying all mails at one place

All my mails into a single mailbox. Relief!

Pros

It can integrate any email account - be it gmail, yahoo, outlook, or so on. Even it can pull IMAP or POP accounts.
The icon feature is good way to keep track of navigating through different accounts. Besides, one can color the mails to see in a unified view.
You can merge with popular apps like Facebook, Google, Whatsapp, Calendar, Dropbox, and many more which is a big plus.
It's free!

Cons

One can find it overwhelming initially as you find lot of options while installing it for you very first account. But, as it is aimed to be for managing mails, you would deliberately fall in love with this.

Jane c D.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great mail application

Overall my experience has been great. Mailbird has been easy to use.

Pros

I really like being able to have my work and personal accounts all in one place, especially since I use both outlook mail and gmail. I also like have my Slack account, google keep, and other productivity accounts linked to Mailbird. It makes accessing information, especially for work, really easy.

Cons

I’ve had some difficulty setting up my account. Periodically I hAve reestablish the connection to the mail accounts.