Mailbird Reviews

About Mailbird

Mailbird is an email marketing tool that helps businesses of all sizes manage multiple accounts and enhance workforce productivity. It is a Windows-based solution that enables users to sync and centralize emails and contacts from...

4.2

Browse Mailbird Reviews

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

All my email in one place

I tried this software after having a problem to synchronized my email with the Outlook and have use it since then.

Pros

Best thing managing email with MailBird is, it can combine all of my email boxes in this single place and i can monitor and track all my email in here. I can search and filter the email that i want to find by the email address, or from all of the address easily. MailBird really is the best email manager software.

Cons

Some of the email server is not working well with this software. I tried to adding my Yandex email account, but the software keep showing error and can not complete the process. All other email server work perfectly with this software, but not Yandex Mail.

Stacy
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 15/09/2019

Inbox zero!

Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

Pros

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

Cons

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Outlook has been around a long time, and it's not a bad email program, if you are only using it for one email address, but if you have multiple email addresses, like myself and my team, then it quickly became a hassle.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Honestly, the unified inbox was a huge selling point, but the customization options also helped me decide. Mailbird also has several useful integrations available, which allows us to not only stay on top of our emails, but also our social media accounts and more!
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

If You Have An Exchange Account that isn’t related to a business, don’t buy this!!!

This is the third time in the last few years that I’ve bought and used mailbird. I immediately remembered upon buying it why I deleted it very soon after… upon writing their customer support really hit home these issues:
Here’s a paraphrased conversation from their support:
Me: Hi, I have an exchange account that is my school account as I am a student that needs to work with the other inboxes. It’s not a business and I don’t need business features or to pay for a business plan bc I am not a business- is there a work around? Otherwise I’d appreciate a refund. Things weren’t as advertised and not I’m being bombarded with messages within the app to upgrade to business and I don’t have a business account.
Support: you can change the IMAP settings.
Me: how/where/what do you I change them to? You have no docs or articles to help and your doesn’t allow me to do anything other than choose a new url for the outgoing server. I cannot even access the incoming server.
Support: (a different person) Buy MB business! (Then proceeds in many different long paragraphs to try to sell me a business upgrade/account.
Me: I cannot delete the exchange account as the app crashes. Once again, I am not a business and won’t be upgrading just to have my student account with my other four accounts. Please help me by addressing the other things I spoke to.
Support: x4 more times (ignores my concerns) Buy business!! (Proceeds in paragraphs to try to sell me MB Business, pasted similar pitch…

Pros

The UI and the ease of use, versus outlook, mail, etc.

Cons

They have absolutely terrible support that fails to seemingly even read your request, let alone addrsss your concerns and help you work through them. One thing I can say is that their support the last time I ordered this product was MUCH BETTER. They changed their app so the workaround for adding an exchange account seems virtually impossible unless you want to upgrade to business. And then they repeatedly ram you into buying a business account, regardless of whether you need it or not. As someone whose worked in customer success, service, and sales for 18+ This company likely won’t survive if their only response to complains and issues is ramming a product the customer doesn’t need down their throats and not addressing any of their issues. Good support that retains customer and reduces churn actually had the customer’s best interest in mind… it’s clear by how things are ran here, and my multiple support tickets that all pan out the same, that is most definitely not the case with this product. Such a shame bc I actually love the functionality, and as a web developer, I know that UIX with these apps are absolutely terrible.

Top Mailbird Alternatives

Wayne

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

Version 3.0 violates my original license agreement

Good until v 3.0. The interface was very good for users with only one email address.

Pros

I used to like their purchase once, and get lifetime updates license.

Cons

I had a perpetual lifetime license but after the latest update, they are trying to force me to subscribe!! I think a class action lawsuit may be in order.

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Very happy I made the switch from Hey

I haven't been using it for too long but I like it way more than Outlook and think paying once for a lifetime license to the client is a great model that's not too common nowadays.

Pros

The ability to consolidate all of my email addresses AND calendars in a single email client with both, powerful integrations AND the ability to make it barebones enough so that it can be a tool for focusing is fabulous.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything bad to say about it for disciplined people. If you're not disciplined, you might have some problems because you can integrate basically any messaging platform with the client and that could end up causing an unlimited amount of distractions.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

I only used Outlook for my Exchange accounts and Hey for my Hey account but they didn't quite satisfy me. Searching for alternatives online I found that Mailbird was focused on productivity and had several features that the other two didn't so I have it a try and found it much, much better.

Microsoft Outlook and Hey

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

I've used Thunderbird in the past and find that the interface is very outdated.
Wiktor

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

Great Mail Manager, Not-Great Search Option.

It helped me with organizing my emial with other software, note takings, calendar, tas managing etc. On the other hand, due to the poor search/filter option it did not help me with client communication, because i had problems with finding whole conversation with specific client.

Pros

Speed, design, integration with third party software. I hold mail managment, organization, delivery status, character of notifications in a high regard. I would recommend this product for those who like elegant design and subtle notifications.

Cons

Search/filter feature is definately the worst part of MailBird. It works especially bad at large noversation, when you send one email to large group of nondisclosed recepients. MailBird groups it in one big conversation, and when the responder send response e-mail it is hard to find it later.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

ThunderBird had problems with itegrating different accounts

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Elegant design, good third-party integration, price, multiple accounts integration.

Response from Mailbird

Hi Wiktor,

Many thanks for your feedback - we're working on improving our search and filter functionalities. We realise that some customers would like more options, and we will do our best to deliver them in due course.

Thanks for using Mailbird, and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Replied 26/06/2023
Jeremy
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 25/05/2020

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

Pros

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

Cons

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Roman
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

Bailbird for manage multiple accounts

Good app, and good value for money. Still has some features to be improved

Pros

It does a great job of managing multiple accounts. I use it for my work and my private account and it is very helpful to see both of them in one app. Especially it works well in calendar add-on. Another important thing to note is the variety of add-ons like messengers or task-managing apps

Cons

The functionality of filters is a bit low. When switching accounts in add-on apps, it doesn't permit opening two or more accounts simultaneously. Sometimes the calendar app doesn't refresh automatically and customer support didn't help with it

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 14/09/2022

Amazing Software for Email Sending

It's very good experience.

Pros

I found this software very interesting and helpful for email marketing and management. I send my daily office mails by mailbird to my all clients.

Cons

There's none of the existing features which i dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Because I'm looking for new features. And this software has lack of new and extra ordinary features.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Because it has more features. It works properly for my daily routine work.
Wendy
Wendy

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my...

This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

Pros

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

Cons

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Gerald
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

Ongoing problem connecting to our ISP's imap server when trying to send emails. DOVECOT...

Bad, we own 6 or more seats of the business version and this is happening on all the seats. We are experts at removing email account from Mailbird and re installing them to the point that I have memorized at least 4 of our emails passwords which are 12+ characters in length with many strange characters.

Pros

Easy to use and when it works it is great sad thing is that there is a problem sending emails and we are told it is our ISP who uses DOVECOT. This does not make sense as we then subscribed to smtp2go which is a totally different systema and we have the same ongoing issue. We have sent 20 or more .log files as this is what support require and each and every response has stated that we must change the connections to 1 and set the download to manual not auomatic. I have 10+ copies of the exact same canned response which ofcourse does nothing to resolve the problem. Compose email, click send and a day later it is still sitting in the drafts folder. GRRRR

Cons

The fact that there appears to be an inherent problem with the SMTP portion of this program, been like this since day one and the company is doing absolutely nothing to resolve this problem. The only way to get these stuck emails to send is to press Ctrl+Shift, click on hamburger menu, then click on debug, the program restarts and then when it reloads the email sends, of course the .log file most probably shows nothing is awry because now the email is sending..

Natesh
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

Natesh Feedback on mailbird

Simply wonderful

Pros

Integration with other applications like WhatsApp, google docs and google sheets

Cons

You can have tables to compose emails and also you cannot select multiple emails to forward to people and export all emails to archive. They should have pst export or archive feature.

Postbox

Outlook is useless

Microsoft Outlook

I have purchased both
brad
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Support VERY BAD

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer.

I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention.
I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!)
I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful.

Regards, Brad

Pros

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Cons

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Joel
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Lifetime pay once not honored

I purchased the Mailbird lifetime pay once software in 2019, since then I have always had access to all updates as was the company's commitment to pay once. Now in version 3 the company wants new payment, including an annual fee. This breaks the conditions established by them and is an unfair attitude on the part of the company.

Pros

Software with good features and that works quite well

Cons

Terrible customer service with standard responses and no resolution of issues. Unhonest company attitude in unilaterally changing the conditions under which they made the sale.

Most reliable Gmail client

Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Pros

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

Cons

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email.
* If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave.
* There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example).
* Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

Stan
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

Great..., when it works.

The benefits are running mltiple accounts on one platform. THe inability to get the level of attention to resolve such a critical issue is not acceptable. I am shopping for a replacement and would NOT RECOMMEND them if you rely on your email as much as I do.

Pros

The ability to manage multiple accounts in a single Inbox.

Cons

Their support is horrible. Beginning the third week of plsatitudes and apologies, but NO FIX to a basic, fundamental requirement to sync my calendar. THis is all I get: "I have thoroughly investigated the log.log files that you have provided and it seems for some reason Mailbird cannot establish synchronisation with your calendar and we have SQL errors registered there.

I have forwarded your support request to our development team who will investigate this further and work on a fix. I understand how frustrating this is not to be able to use your calendar within Mailbird, and I would like to apologise for all the trouble and inconvenience caused. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible, hopefully, this will not take long."

Bill
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

A solid email client

Overall, mailbird is a great product that I am proud to use daily.

Pros

I like a unified email account that consolidates all my Gmail accounts in one place. I like the integration with Evernote and Facebook helps my productivity. I love the search function which is fast and accurate.

Cons

For filters, it would be advantageous to be able to screen for partial strings in a domain name to be able to delete it from the inbox. Currently, I have spam coming to me from different variations of @xxxxxxxxxxxxxxfacebookmailcom. I would like to be able to set up filter ANY emails coming from the facebookmail.com domain

Eli

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Mailbird is demanding payment from Lifetime Business License purchasers

Mailbird is eliminating support for 2.x for Lifetime Business Licenses and demanding payment if you want to use beyond 2024

Pros

Mailbird is now charging to update despite selling lifetime business licenses. Fraudulent practices

Cons

Charging for updates after selling Lifetime Business Licenses.

Oleg

Great Outlook alternative

When we started our way to go away from Microsoft, the first step was to find alternatives to MS Office, it was easy to find replacement for Word and Excel, but for Outlook it was really hard to find an alternative. Mailbird became almost a perfect replacement, and even beaten Outlook in Gmail integration and Unified inbox.
Waiting a Linux version to continue our moving to Microsoft-free office.

Pros

- Unified inbox
- Support for Gmail/GApps labels
- Quick seach even in really big mailboxes (search in six mailboxes with total size 50+GB takes not more then 5 seconds)
- Affordable price

Cons

- No Linux version (one of apps, that still holds me on Windows)
- Search sometimes inaccurate, no complex search syntax
- Unable to create multiple signatures on the same mailbox (e.g. for me it's useful to have Russian and English signature on my bussiness mailbox at the same time)

Stewart
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

If it all worked it would be fantastic

A waste of many man hours, I am exhausted trying to debug, write mail bird tickets , running outlook so I have access to contacts and trying to keep up with my daily workflow. I will certainly be moving on to another vendor when I have the spare time.

Pros

All the features are exactly what I wanted as a busy support business. We have Facebook and Whats app integration and a unified inbox so all inbound mails can be monitored in realtime

Cons

The bugs with office 365 really killed it for us. We work on a fast but expensive Vsat and having been asked 3 times to reload a 20Gig plus mail file is annoying. The system upgraded to Auth2.0 and now I get my emails in bursts every few hours as there are authentication issues. Since then my hundreds of contacts are not there, every day there is an increment about 5 or 10 contacts from the server and I am now up to 80 contacts.
As I use contacts for everything this is very disappointing as I have to leave Outlook open !
I was less than complimentary about this on my support ticket and I have only got automated replies for the last 2 weeks. NOT impressed with the support or the office 365 reliability. The rest is very good. Unfortunately we are a 365 business so its a non starter for us and getting cut of from support for being uncomplimentary when we are a paying customer is unprofessional to say the least.
Be warned, Mailbird needs hugs.

Anthony
Anthony
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Is it the best e-mail client ever? It comes pretty close.

Pros

The software is very lightweight on system resources, is quick and easy to setup and offer a simple interface that is clean and easy to navigate. Supporting multiple e-mail accounts and types of account out of the box is excellent and it really allows you to have a single pane view of all your mailboxes in one place.

Cons

I least liked the fact that the Microsoft Exchange connection is only available in the Business/Pro edition, whilst it used to be that mailboxes running on Exchange were normally only ever a business option there are more and more hosting companies offering Office 365/Exchange mailboxes as part of their email solution.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Mail client with the right functions

Love it and going to use it continuously

Pros

Before mailbird i have tired almost all the mail clients which available online of cause for free to try and free ones but i ended up using and buying mailbird coz they have understood what the user needs form an email client. You can add almost all your IMAP emails but not restricted to other protocols as well. Other thing is not loaded with too much functionality but the right and most needed ones. You can use collaboration tools inside the mailbird which is good feature.

Cons

Nothing at the moment.. had a minor issue with win10 regarding to resolution...but not a big deal.. i thinks its not mailbirds problem

Gary
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

Mailbird, not too bad, but there are better ones out there

Generally ok. I will not renew Mailbird no matter how low the price until they have a decent filtering system and the ability to simply delete emails.

Pros

Relatively easy to use and set up. has good unification of accouonts

Cons

1- this is a disaster! The emails keep returning and I have to go through hoops to TRY and delete them. 2- the email filtering system

Philip
  • Industry: Restaurants

THE BEST EMAIL CLIENT THERE IS, WITHOUT DOUBT

10/10 Seriously. Stop vacillating and get Mailbird.

Pros

I've used pretty much all of them over the last thirty years. Mailbird is far and away the best. Pure and simple. Easy to set up. Supremely functional. Clean and delightful. You will love it. I have many email addresses and many personalities - easy for Mailbird. You won't be disappointed, even if you have Gmail already!

Cons

I can't think of any cons about Mailbird. I have never said, 'Oooh, I wish Mailbird had this." This is a superb product. Superb, I tell you.

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

I love this email client!

Mailbird help me organize my various email accounts and gives me the ability to have them all in my place. This really provides easy access to my mails, help me quickly access and send emails and ensures I don't miss any emails.

Pros

The first then I'll mention is that Mailbird us pretty easy to use.
Another thing is the various add-ons that can be enabled. They make the user experience even more satisfying.
I also like that there's a dark mode. It makes it easy to use it at night.
The snooze option is another feature I love and use quite often.

Cons

I've never had any issues with this software. Works perfectly for me.