About iSpring Suite

iSpring Suite is a robust authoring toolkit that helps organizations of all sizes create responsive eLearning content. The interface is extremely user friendly because it works within the familiar PowerPoint environment. With no...

Browse iSpring Suite Reviews

1,240 of 1,061 reviews
Poonam J.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Good Product to use

The product is good for a level 2 program

Pros

The product is very easy to use. And integration with powerpoint is really helpful.

Cons

The product features like layering etc can be added to make it more robust. Gamification of a program is difficult to do.

Cost Effectiveness and Powerpoint interaction

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Poonam,

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly.

It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far.

As per your cons, we have lots of video tutorials and webinars: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support

Maybe this information can help you use our authoring tool for more cases.

Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Replied 20/07/2021
Brian R.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

iSpring Max Suite fit my needs perfectly

Installing and using iSpring Suite Max was super easy. Since I was under a tight deadline and had miserable results using Adobe Presenter, I was pretty desperate. I found iSpring through internet reviews and download the free trial. Using the trail, I had my course complete and published (with the free trial banner) very quickly and it looked great. I immediately bought the Max package and re-published to remove the banner.

Pros

iSpring Suite makes converting my PowerPoint training programs into SCORM compliant courses that can be uploaded to our LMS. It enabled me to convert all of the compliance training i used to hold live classes for to online courses. Due to COVID-19 and safety considerations, our company is migrating all of our training online.
Best of all is the amazing 24-hour support. Several times I got stuck on how to accomplish something I wanted to do. I was able to get chat help that was friendly, patient, thorough and always resulted in getting my task accomplished.
ISpring has the best support of any software product I've ever used and I've used a lot. That alone will cause me to recommend it.

Cons

The program is fairly intuitive once you get the hang of it. The only problems I had related to the quizzes. When I first started using it, I didn't realize to be careful you are on the slide in PowerPoint where you want a quiz to be, before you click the Quiz app. If you want to go to your quiz for some reason and your PowerPoint is on a different slide it ties to create an new slide. Also I work at home and in my office. I learned quickly that if you don't package all the files into one folder, when you open you presentation on a different computer and try to access the quiz, iSpring can't find it. It would be helpful if the quizzes 'stuck' embedded to the file.
1. It took a few botched

Adobe Captivate Prime

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Suite

The SCORM files it was producing were not working correctly on the ADP LMS platform. The courses would publish and users could view, but the reporting as often missing. I do a lot of compliance training so documentation is critical. Also the quiz module was very difficult to use and the results were not esthetically pleasing. Questions and answers would appear in random places on the slide. I would have to spend hours formatting each quiz slide to make it presentable. Then if I had to open the quiz manager again, it would jumble everything again when I closed it.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Pricing, ease of use, support

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Brian,
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly.
Hope it keeps serving you well :)
Keep up the great work!

Replied 25/01/2021
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 15/09/2018

It's been an excellent product for me

Pros

I've been using the software for almost a year and it is incredibly user-friendly. Being simple doesn't mean few features. It's packed with lots of great features, yet they made it very easy for someone to buy the program and get started without having to read a manual how to use it, like some of the other course maker programs. Right out of the box you can get started. Their fantastic content library if you are doing interactions where people have to think through situations, they also offer lots of great background templates which I've used and presentation designs if you're not too sure how to design your PowerPoint, or just aren't good at it and want some help. They make a lot of great resources if you get the full suite? Even without the full suite, the program itself is just too easy to work with. Once I was ready to upload the program, all I have to do is click the button Publish, and the conversion and upload to place. No FTP or anything else involved. Once it uploads, it brought me to the online host of the course, allowing me to rename it to make other additions to tell the user what the course is about.

I also like that there are so many different options for creating quizzes, tests, and survey questions that are not graded. Additionally, I love the fact that they offer so much in their help section, all of the regular webinars that they host, and the massive library of help available on YouTube and their website. I find their customer service absolutely excellent

Cons

While other programs may offer more interaction options, I think for the average to somewhat advanced user, iSpring is top notch. I can't really call it a negative because in order to do all these other advanced features, I've seen them but I have absolutely no idea how to utilize their features. That would take a lot of learning on my part, and I don't have the time to learn and intricate program. I needed to hit the ground running, and iSpring did just that.

As I type this, I realize the section is meant for Cons, but there really isn't any to speak of.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi and THANK YOU greatly for posting such a wonderful review of iSpring here on Capterra. We are sure it will be helpful to anyone looking for a solution for eLearning.
Keep it up :)

CoreAchieve

Lela Y.

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

A Wonderful Authoring Tool Enhanced by Cloud Publishing

Absolutely wonderful from day one. Products are easy to use, high quality, and convenient and the employees at iSpring are helpful, professional, and kind.

Pros

There are so many wonderful iSpring Suite features- from the ease of use and ability to work inside PowerPoint, to being able to publish assessments to word for in-person testing, and the always friendly and professional support- but what really sets iSpring Suite apart is the ability to publish work to iSpring Cloud and share without having to work through an LMS. I could not have done my job as effectively and efficiently as I have without using this capability over the past year!

Cons

I would love to see software simulation capabilities in the future. For example, capture my own screen, clicks, and key strokes to then create an eLearning module for teaching new software to new users. I currently create workarounds for this using a combination of transparent links in PowerPoint coupled with Quiz fill in the blank answer boxes in iSpring over screen grabs, but it is very time consuming.

Elucidat, Adobe Captivate Prime and Absorb Create

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

With iSpring Cloud I can publish quick surveys, modules, and assessments without having to go through an LMS. It has been an absolute lifesaver and made iSpring my company's authoring tool of choice.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Lela,

Thank you very much for posting your detailed review here on Capterra. We appreciate it tons!

As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team.

Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Replied 12/05/2021
Brad C.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Lower Initial Learning hurdle compared to other options

Their support both in sales and technical support is great. You immediately hear back from someone who knows all about their product which I've been impressed by.

Pros

Uses the familiar PowerPoint interface and structure, making it easy to quickly generate content. Allows for recorded narration with second view of recorded presenter and set animation timings. Good flexibility with quizzes to make them look professional and not take a long time to generate. Custom behavior for pass/fail conditions. Their support is excellent and the maintenance package is a no brainer at least for the first year while you get started. That being said, I have renewed it for the 2 years (so far) that I have used it since they roll out helpful and thoughtful updates. I also appreciate that they offer a non-profit and educational rate which was the deciding factor for our office.

Cons

iSpring is not as flexible as other options like captivate since you are working within the framework of PowerPoint. I'm happy to make that concession because it makes it easier to learn and use existing presentations from lectures and seminars. I wish it was better integrated with working from MS OneDrive as well. Their exporting functionality can be clunky for when you want to move things around.

Adobe Captivate and Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

PowerPoint platform for easy learning curve and non-profit organization discount option.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Brad,
Thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback about iSpring products and service! We are happy that you are happy with it! :) Keep up the great work. And please if you have any questions, send them directly to [email protected]

Replied 06/11/2019
Kate Y.

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

iSpring is a very convenient program. Almost all my needs are met with its help.

The ability to create all sorts of exercises necessary for my classes. It's one of my main instruments.

Pros

I've been using iSpring (especially QuizMaker) for a long time to make tests and exercises (I'm a teacher). I'm very satisfied with this product.

Its first advantage is how easy iSpring is to use. Since I am familiar with PowerPoint, I had no problems when I started working in iSpring, everything was clear even at the very beginning. The design is pleasant, too.

Secondly, the possibilites are really impressive: anything is possible to create, be it a simple multiple choice test or a complicated exercise with all sorts of questions, levels of difficulty, etc.

Thirdly, it's convenient to publish the tests either on one's site (html, flash) or in a Word file. I use both ways, and enjoy them both. My students tested the exercises on their computers and mobile devices (Apple and Android). There hasn't been a single complaint: it works on different platforms and devices.

Another good point is the possibility to customize the looks of the test. Maybe it's not the most important feature, but still, it allowed me to make the exercise look very natural on my site, in the same style, in the same colours.

Last but not least, customer support is very good. All the issues that I had (there were very few, really) were efficiently resolved. None of my questions were left without attention.

All in all, iSpring makes it possible for me to realize all my teaching ideas, so I regard it as one of my best investments and I'm certain I'll go on using it for a long time.

Response from iSpring Solutions

thank you for your review, Kate! We very much appreciate it. Keep up the great work :)

Replied 16/06/2017
Saties M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 28/08/2016

Easy to use tool for great engaging output!

We are using this suite for converting part of our ILT into e-learning so that we can offer this training more or less instantly to participants all over the world at an acceptable cost. This way the participant can prepare themselves at ease for the class room session. For the coaches/trainers it means that deliver the course should be more easy and they can always refer and add extra material into the e-modules.

Pros

The nice part was that with this tool we could create 1) feedback and evaluation forms and 2) convert existing PPT in SCORM compatible content easily and with professional outcome in order to meet our deadline. Also the compatibility with the iSpring Learn was a key factor for this choice.
We still need to explore the other features/functionalities; which we will certainly do. There are quite some handy features/functionalities to explore.

Cons

With regard to iSpring Learn it would be good to have the option to self customize the look and feel a bit more.
Examples:
1) The image of the "Learning Path" image. Here we would like to add an image of the topic instead of the standard blue color.
2) Wording / terminology that would fit the corporate environment better
a) Rename "learning path" into "program"
b) Rename "course" into "module".
c) Quiz ==> Test/Feedback

3) Would be good to have a library like functionality for the customized e-mail notification messages . Now we store text files and copy the text when needed as a workaround.

4) The Android version allows you to download content for offline view and hence can conflict with Intellectual Propriety right and also commercial objectives. This really needs to be changed.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello, Saties!
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on using iSpring products and services! We greatly appreciate it!
Also, thank you very much for your feature requests. We will be sure to forward them to our product development team.
Keep up the great work! :)

Replied 29/08/2016
Avijit S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

iSpring is awesome

Very happy. Its a great support.

Pros

iSpring is extremely intuitive and user friendly. It has great features and excellent compatibility.

Cons

Sometimes takes time to load if the file is heavy

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Suite

Question variety in iSpring quizmaker is better than articulate. Also, Articulate needs to be purchased as an entire suite, while iSpring quizmaker can be purchased stand-alone.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Avijit,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about using iSpring QuizMaker. It's great to hear that it fits your needs. Hope it keeps serving you well! :)

Replied 08/07/2020
Jenny S.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

You are the best. Incredible prices, very comp...

Wonderful. I really love it.

Pros

The ease of use. The tutorials were my saving grace. I was given this software and no real instruction. With the tutorials I have been able to incorporate, create and use all of our classes. I track all of our training with Ispring.

Cons

There is no recurrent training. We work with the FAA and the only way to do recurrent that tracks is to delete prior training. We don't delete anything and need an accurate accounting of all training taken. This is a deal breaker for us. Without a recurrent program we have to use work arounds to make this happen. It would be wonderful if you created a way to track recurrent training. Yearly, years, years etc.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Jenny,
Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring products and the additional helpful materials that we provide! We appreciate your sharing this!
As per your Cons, could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be happy to look into this and maybe advise you the best way to go about.
Take care!

Replied 23/09/2020
Stuart H.

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Excellent Tech Support

As a technophobe I do rely on the staff to guide me when I get stuck otherwise its a great piece of software once you start using it regularly - the best think for me is the positive feedback we are getting from clients who are using the courses we create!
Today I was adding our first team member and I was completely stuck - but a calm conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and all was resolved within a matter of minutes!

Pros

Tech support staff have the patience of angels dealing with a technophobe! I just want to make a special mention to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

As a beginner it can be overwhelming to start with, but there is all the support so take a deep breath and you will soon be flying!

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Stuart,

Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it.

It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. Our tech support team always put clients first - it's amazing that you had a positive experience!

Keep up the great work!

Replied 12/05/2021
Natalie N.

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

My First Screencasting Software Experience with iSpring

Often, individual User's have prior commitments and are unable to attend training sessions at the scheduled times. The ability to produce quality training content that they can access at a time convenient to them has ensured that no one misses out on systems training.

Pros

I was looking for screencasting software to produce in-house training material. I discovered this software and although I have no prior experience producing with video/screen casting content, I found this software easy to use and an intuitive experience to work with. The support team have been excellent whenever I've needed to reach out.

Cons

Look, I have learnt on the fly with it. It would be helpful if you were prompted to name screencast files so that a number of screencasts were easier to identify in a large presentation, rather than the numeric data file names that are created.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Natalie,
Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful detailed review about iSpring solutions. It's great to hear that iSpring fits your needs just right.
As per your Cons, as soon as you are done recording, you can change the name of the clip by right-clicking on it. However, I would still recommend to reach out to our support team at [email protected] for more detailed response.
Keep up the great work :)

Replied 21/05/2020
Sergey I.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Perfect choice to create e-learning courses

Pros

We really liked user-friendly interface and it has a variety of features that were offered by iSpring!
Of course, we’ve come up with some questions and also had some issues during our experience with iSpring Suite. There’s a Knowledge Base on the website, which has the essential information, however, sometimes it needs to be more specific. However, customer service is makes that easier: technical support specialists are always ready to help, and they promptly reply to any customer queries!

Cons

We feel that iSpring is going in the right direction: they consider the requests of their customers, improving the software and widening the features! Of course, some of the issues cannot be fixed immediately and it might take some time; or, for example, sometimes you feel like you need some more options or tools. Not everything, but there are features which are implemented by Developers Team.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Sergey,
Thank you very much for submitting your review of iSpring here on Capterra. We are pretty sure it will be helpful to anyone looking for an authoring tool!
Hope iSpring keeps serving you well. In case of any questions, please contact [email protected]

Replied 30/10/2018
Irina M.

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

It is the must-have tool for e-Learning content designers!

Pros

The problems that I faced recently in my company are lack of a platform to develop and design courses, lack of post-training support and a small courses templates database with an old fashioned design.
With iSpring I managed to solve all three problems on my own in a short period of time. Often, one day is enough to develop a course due to iSpring Suite simplicity and iSpring technical support.
iSpring Suite is a kit that includes all necessary tools. I can create an interactive course, and enhance it by adding a quiz. Adding a quiz takes just 5 minutes and voila, my course is ready for publishing. Courses can be easily published as e-Learning courses that can be loaded to any LMS. I did never had any errors with this.
Definitely, it is a must have toolkit for everyone who develops e-Learning courses and is limited in time.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Irina!
Thanks for posting this wonderful review of iSpirng products and service! We greatly appreciate it :) If you need assistance with anything, don't hesitate to send your questions to [email protected]!ispringsolutions.com!
Keep it up!

Replied 06/06/2018
Thomas L.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Great Software

Everybody in our organizations enjoys working with the product

Pros

- works as add-on for MS
- easy to use for teams
- excelent support

Cons

costs for new charaters and new lisences

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly.

It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solution.

As per your cons, we understand that the price point is a consideration for many users of eLearning products. However, iSpring Suite Max provides great value for its price by making the creation of courses, quizzes, video lectures, interactions, and much more superfast and easy. You get access to a Content Library that contains over 68,000 eLearning assets, templates, and characters to help you build courses faster, as well as an online space for teamwork and collaboration on courses. Moreover, the cost includes regular software updates and our highly trained support geeks are always ready to help you 24/7.

We are happy to have you onboard and hope that you keep enjoying working with the product :)

Replied 23/03/2021
Saxon L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

iSpring Suite Review

Pros

The UI was a lot easier to navigate than other products we tried.

Cons

Sometimes it feels the software is a bit slow in processing, or at the very least it doesn't utilize the hardware of my computer for more speedy results.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service.
We appreciate it greatly.

As per your Cons, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue. Could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case.

Replied 18/03/2021
Mark V.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Easy publishing of learning material across the full spectrum of multimedia environments

It's been my experience that the interactive products I create with iSpring are so well received by my customers, that it actually makes the next round of creative brainstorming a lot of fun. I've been with iSpring for many years and even when PCs or laptops crashed at exactly the wrong time, the support team has always reacted within hours to get me back in business.

Pros

Intuitive GUI and supporting features. Great platform for publishing learning material across a wide spectrum of multimedia application environments. In the event of OS crashes or software re-activation the support team has always reacted within hours to get me back in business.

Cons

The software is actually without any major drawbacks. Branching is well supported, perhaps a few more options with regard to feedback slides.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Mark and thanks for sharing your detailed and sincere feedback about iSpring tools and service, we greatly appreciate it an hope that iSpring keeps serving you well! :)

Replied 29/06/2018
Alexander C.

Reviewed on 01/07/2016

Easily Protect your Presentations!

In short, our company needed more control over the protection of our presentations. Many of our PowerPoints were illegally published online. NOW, we use iSpring to convert all our presentations into html5 and have the control we need.

It all started with a need to control our content, but then we saw the extra value. iSpring Suite has very cool features we didn't even think about initially, such as QuizMaker and Visuals. We have expanded the usefulness of our content with these other amazing tools.

Pros

I like that iSpring is consistently improving and willing to receive and acknowledge feedback. The obvious 'pro' is that they instantly had the software solution to our immediate need.

Cons

The only minor 'cons' I can think of are already fixed in Version 8.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello, Alexander!
Thanks for reviewing iSpring! It is wonderful to hear that it became a part of your tool box after such thorough research!
Keep up the amazing work!

Replied 04/07/2016
Trang H.

Reviewed on 10/02/2018

So far my experience with iSpring Suite has been enjoyable and very positive.

It helps me so quickly and efficiently design e-learning courses which fulfills almost all of my needs.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its ease of use and its adequate functionality for a high quality e-learning course. iSpring Suite has almost all the functions I need for my course, not only for designing the lectures (lessons) themselves but also for the creation of supplementary materials (like books, timelines, directories, quizes). More importantly, iSpring Suite has many options to customize the publication of the lessons and whenever I come up with an publication idea, I've found out that my idea has already been thought over by iSpring team, which is amazing. I also love the support I receive from the technical support engineers. There are just a few of them (fewer than 10 people I suppose) but I think they've been working so effectively and always provide me with prompt support.

Cons

Honestly, there are some of my wishes that haven't been fulfilled by iSpring, for example, more flexibility in quiz formatting, more question types in iSpring quizes, or the possibility of adding audio narration to iSpring interactions (i.e. books). Still I think iSpring Suite is really good value for money.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Trang, thank you so much for your detailed review of iSpring here on Capterra! We are very happy to know that iSpring made it to your e-Learning tool. As per your feature requests, I forwarded them to your dedicated manager Kasey and if you have anything else to add, please send it to [email protected] Keep up the great work, Trang!

Replied 12/02/2018
Elena S.

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

Excellent program for creating school learning distance courses

Ispring I use to create remote biology lessons.
The program allows you to compose and conduct biology lesson plan, using different means of clarity: embedded Flash animation, record your voice for each slide, embed various types of testing.
I create the finished course for each topic, and inserted it into a website that allows you to use my development, not only in the classroom, but also remotely.
Ispring - a great tool in the work of a school teacher or any other teacher

Pros

The ability to combine all the features of Power Point with the creation of the control operations in the form of tests

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello, Elena!
Thank you greatly for reviewing iSpring Suite here on capterra. We are sure your feedback will be useful to anyone who is in search of an authoring tool.
Keep up the great work! :)

Replied 01/11/2016
Angel L.

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Close to the best

It provides me with a simple to use authoring tool to use with my LMS system.

Pros

I love the ease and integration with PowerPoint. All the features are easy to use and self explanatory.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot use word art. My first presentation I had lots of Word Art and I didnt know that when I SCORM it the animations wouldn't work because I simply used Word Art or altered images with 3D effects. I am forced to have plain text. I also would like to see cartoon characters and backgrounds versus just the real people and backgrounds currently available. Sometimes I want to create fun cute little training with cartoons and not real live people/backgrounds.

Brainshark

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Cheaper, and more features and capabilities. Brainshark also was not compatible for SCORM downloading and publishing.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Angel,
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about iSpring with the Capterra audience! we very much appreciate it! You are also welcome to send your feature requests to [email protected] Our specialists will be happy to look into them!

Replied 03/09/2019
Tom S.

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Fantastic PPT to HTML solution

Overall the experience has been fantastic. The tools are great and the support team has been awesome to work with. They are receptive to feedback and help resolve issues quickly.

Pros

The iSpring suite provides the highest quality PPT to HTML I have ever seen. The support for animations, transitions, and embedded videos is incredible. I dare say it does an even better job that O365's PowerPoint online presentation tools.

Cons

The technical documentation is a bit lacking and out of date. Many versions of documentation scattered around and a bit hard to tell what is supported in what versions of the software.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

The quality of the iSpring presentation was unmatched. It looks absolutely perfect and has fantastic support for even the latest PPT features like morph transitions.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Tom,
Thanks a lot for sharing your detailed feedback about iSpring products and service, we very much appreciate it!
As per your Cons, I will be glad to forward it to my colleague.
Hope iSpring keeps serving you well!

Replied 09/03/2020
Janet P.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Easy to use, quality results

Great support when I reached out. I would have liked a comment included with the installation, that if you have a previous version, to remove it first before installing the latest version. This would have eliminated my installation issues and saved me time.

Pros

iSpring Suite enables a user to easily and quickly develop quality eLearning. From simple screen captures with voice overs to complete modules with quizzes. If you can work with PowerPoint and have basic understanding of course development, you can build an eLearning course with iSpring.

Cons

It does not work on Mac OS. As more and more ID use iMac iSpring needs to create a version that can be work with Mac OS.

Response from iSpring Solutions

As per your feature request, thanks a lot for a sharing I will pass it on to our Product Development team.

Replied 18/03/2021
Marina K.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 23/06/2016

My first course

I have finished creating my first sales training course with iSpring Suite, so now I'm ready to share my experience and thoughts.

Here's what I liked about authoring with iSpring:
1. Familiar PowerPoint environment.
2. The capability to present learning materials in a different way, e.g. in the format of an e-book. While being a familiar form of content representation on mobile devices, it is a fresh touch as a part of a PowerPoint presentation.
3. Great quiz making tool with a variety of question types, the capability to insert media in the questions, the capability to address a learner by his or her name and many other settings.
4. A wide range of characters and their poses, gestures and facial expressions, so that you can choose a suitable one for almost any situation.
5. Support of a universal (Flash+HTML5) format, which can be played on any device. You can also choose to publish a course as a SCORM package for SCORM-friendly learning management systems.
6. Dialogue simulations, which I plan to include in my future courses.
7. The capability to record voice overs and insert both pre-recorded videos from your hard drive and YouTube videos.
8. It is possible to set up navigation throughout the course to let the learner go to the next slide only after he sees all the information on the current slide.
9. Various player customization settings.
10. iSpring preserves animations after publishing a presentation.
11. Reasonable pricing in relation to rich functionality.
12. Skillful, caring and patient technical support engineers.
13. Lots of video and text materials in Russian to help novice distance learning managers.

All in all, I am satisfied with the iSpring tool's performance. It took me a week to create a course of 80 slides with 5 quizzes and an interactive book.

Pros

Ease of use

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi, Marina!
Thank SO much for sharing your detailed feedback. We are sure it will be useful to anyone who is looking for an authoring tool.
Also thank you for submitting your feature requests, we will forward them to the product development team.
Glad to hear that you were able to achieve such impressive results with iSpring :)

Replied 27/06/2016
Caroline W.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

iSpring Software and Support Review

Being able to use PowerPoint skills I already have to create E-learning courses is great. It makes creating and updating really easy. Also sometimes you just want to get content down without thinking about the functionality straight away. You can do that with iSpring. I have used other e-learning systems, open source one and Adobe Captivate but they did seem more complex and more difficult to just get content down and then design the functionality.

Pros

It is easy to use. Works with Powerpoint which makes it very user friendly. I am using an old version now but still works well and the functionality is still good for what I am using it for at the moment. Professional.

The technical is support is excellent. Very speedy response. My support agreement had actually expired and I hadn't realised but I still got a speedy response, informing me that it had expired but still got a solution to my problem which worked.

Cons

The only real issue I had was adding my logo to the player. It became to small and the quality was impaired. I expect these issues have been resolved with newer releases.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Carolina, thank you for your detailed review of iSpring products and service! It's great to hear that you are satisfied with your experience of using iSpring!
Keep it up ;)

Replied 17/08/2018
Dominique M.

Reviewed on 04/05/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] support

So far the software is proving to be very useful.

Pros

The helpful and quick support by the employee [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me to get the software up and running very fast. For this again a very big Dankeschön!

Cons

Actually, I like everything. What's missing and certainly needed are spreadsheets in which you can write results, as a question format.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Was already in use and therefore already the experience.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Dominique,
Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback about iSpring products and service! We appreciate it tons.
As per your Cons, could you please forward them to [email protected] with more details. One of our specialists will be glad to look into them :)

Replied 12/05/2020