About Push Operations

Push Operations is a cloud-based restaurant labor management platform designed to help HR managers and recruiters automate processes for streamlining payroll, time tracking and task scheduling. Key features include onboarding,...

Browse Push Operations Reviews

Mike P.

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Review on Push Operations

It's been overall very positive.

Pros

Very intuitive, very easy to use. Small business, so they listen to what you need, and if there are any issue

Cons

Customer service can be a bit slow sometimes; but often it's because I want something that added to the program that doesn't already exist.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Choosing Push Operations

Push operations is a better product, with better customer service.

Dayforce HCM

Response from Push Operations

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate the honest feedback and we are always working on ways to improve new feature requests.
-Tianna

Replied 31/07/2019
Clint T.

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Best thing to come around for the restaurant industry

Our experience has been excellent very professional ad very helpful!

Pros

Very easy to use and the scheduling made our lives easier!

Cons

There isn't much we don't like! I would like to see if Push could talk to our POS company so our labour reports could work with our system!!

Response from Push Operations

Hi Clint, thank you so much for the kind review. We're so happy to hear that your use of Push has made your life easier! - Trena

Replied 04/03/2020
Rick K.

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Re: Review on Push Operations Payroll Feature

I am a one man show and Push Operations' Payroll Feature has enabled me to spend my limited time on being an effective leader focusing on the operations for the furtherance of the company rather than doing daily tasks to stay intact.

Pros

Automated stat pay calculations, clock ins/outs, user empowered communication platform such as staff leaving special requests such as vacation pay, incorrect punch in/out notes, etc.

Cons

I can't really pin point anything at this point but if I had to leave a feedback on its challenges are the development of its mobile apps to feature more wholesome and advanced usability for admin users.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Rick,
So glad we can help make your life easier! We have lots of new mobile features coming down the pipeline to help admins do more away from their desks.
- Tianna

Replied 08/08/2019

Top Push Operations Alternatives

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Making Payroll Easy

PUSH has afforded us a level of transparency allowing us to drill down and understand exactly where our labour dollars are being spent; by the department, position, employee, and even the hour.
By using PUSH, we have streamlined our payroll processing allowing us to reduce not only the time it takes to run a payroll but also our overall labour costs.

Pros

The software is straight forward and easy to learn. It has allowed us to better match staffing to demand and most importantly, control our labour costs. The support staff are friendly, responsive and very knowledgeable. They intuitively understand hourly labour in the hospitality sector.

Cons

If PUSH could provide product updates faster it would be appreciated as there are a few areas for improvement with the software (i.e. employees cannot view timesheets on the time clock). But we are grateful for the platform they have developed and the support they continue to provide and are confident that their development team will have a solution within a few months.

Response from Push Operations

Hey,
Thanks for the great review! The employee clock ins and clock outs can be seen in the employees Push Scheduler once the hours are approved. We are moving away from time sheets because the changes on the sheets could not be tracked and sending it direct to the employees app gave them a greater line of sight. If you have a special case and have not heard from us yet can you contact [email protected] and we can do our best to make the system work for you.
- Tianna

Replied 07/08/2019
Paul S.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

OUTSTANDING Do-It-Yourself Payroll and Scheduling Product! Goodby ADP and Ceridian!

Pros

We moved from ADP and it was a night and day difference. The ease of running payroll and setting up a weekly schedule is hardly worth comparison. As well, the integration between timekeeping, scheduling, and running payroll makes services like ADP seem like complete dinosaurs. No need for a clunky time-clock - employees clock in and out on an iPad. Holidays are automatically calculated - Yay! I literally spend about 2 minutes to run payroll. Finally, submitting an ROE is as easy as clicking one button. Two major headaches removed from my workflow. This industry has been waiting a long time for a product like this. Don't think twice about moving to Push. Rid yourself of the pains of payroll and scheduling.

Cons

Navigating user permissions and categories can be confusing at times. There have been a couple of times where I have had to contact customer support in order to locate a user permission.

Alfons B.

Reviewed on 30/12/2017

Push is saving me lots of time on the daily tasks, payroll is done faster than before I used...

Pros

Payroll can be done online from anywhere, I don't have to go in my business and have to write cheques.
The time capture is easy, no more spread sheets, and the staff likes the system as well.

Cons

Upgrades for the tablet should be done automatically, or announced per email.
Otherwise I do not have any problems with the software or tablet.

Jippy T.

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

Good payroll software for our Restaurant.

Pros

I work at a small Thai restaurant and needed a good payroll software that was easy and fast and this one didn't disappoint. I tried a few others but this one worked well for our needs. I liked the interface and it was pretty intuitive as well. My manager and I have been using for a little while and would recommend.

Cons

It could have a little more q&a page to answer questions when learning but the customer support was good as well. I would like to use more to fully understand.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Jippy,
Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad that Push has worked for your restaurant. Thanks for suggesting more Q & A's I think that is a great idea.If you have any specific issues you want us to work on please email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to help you out and make sure those are built out for the next new user!
- Tianna

Replied 18/07/2019
Penny L.

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

They have been great to work with.

time savings and accurate reporting

Pros

ease of use and the team at PUSH is very accommodating. When we request something they have their developers build it.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about this software
The implementation and daily use are so easy !

Eric O.

Reviewed on 24/08/2019

Fantastic App

exceptional

Pros

The immediate response of customer service

Cons

The Fact that I can't jump this step cause there is not enough bad feedback

Response from Push Operations

Hey Eric,
Thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate the love.

Replied 27/08/2019
Jennifer D.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

User friendly, a great program

Pros

that in one full complete payroll program. That we can log in from any where and have full control of the payroll.

Cons

Sometimes processing of the ROE is not instance as it is in other payroll programs that I use. and no reminder email if by change I missed processing one of the payrolls.

Jackie D.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Safe, crisp and intuitive!

I have no desire to use any other similar operations. I recommend this one. 10/10

Pros

I've used Push for 5-10 years with various companies, and I feel extremely protected and secure on this platform. I know my information is protected, and the layout is clean, crisp, and easy to use. I find it includes way more employee details than I have seen from other platforms, with information displayed thoughtfully and clearly.

Cons

I've honestly never had any issues with Push Operations. I currently use it for the purpose of retrieving and reviewing paystubs, and I can do so efficiently and without hassle with Push.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pretty decent payroll and time & attendance software. Easy to use, good support, good value.

Pros

Easy to use, visually appealing, pretty reliable. There is a smooth layout and it is pretty intuitive for navigating around the site.

Cons

There is no direct integration with our POS system. Would be much better for transferring data and creating reports.

Brendon K.

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

Push is very user friendly, and easy to navigate following the initial tutorial.

Pros

The ease of process payroll and adding earnings/deductions is the biggest draw for me, and is what pulled me away from Payworks to Push.

Cons

I wish the total withdrawal amount would be available immediately after processing (including all the fees)

Mickail M.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

kiko

make the business more easy

Pros

is very easy to used , and very practice

Cons

I lither problem for install in the computer

Response from Push Operations

Hey Mickail,
Thanks for the great review.

Replied 12/11/2019
Brad S.

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Using push has saved me at least 10 hours per month with scheduling and payroll services.

Pros

I love the web interface. It's clear and easy to use and makes running payroll a breeze. Scheduling is incredibly easy and allowing different users separate permissions has helped me a lot in terms of delegating certain tasks to different staff. I have referred many people to push, and I will continue to do so.

Cons

I don't like that the website does not work very well from phone/tablets. I can't approve hours or shift changes unless I'm at a desktop/laptop.
This is quite annoying and I hope that you can fix this issue in the coming months.

Anna H.

Reviewed on 18/05/2019

Great software for keeping track of daily activities.

It helps the store fun effeciently as possible and presents itself very user friendly.

Pros

It is very easy to use and navigate so that I can teach our newest recruits with no problem.

Cons

The side icons can be a bit confusing as some of the wording is the same.

Rosa M.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Good software has really improved our payroll processing

Pros

The payroll processing is really helpful for my team and has really improved our processes. I appreciate that I can see who else is on vacation when approving requests.

Cons

The entire program could be more intuitive. It is also quite slow to load. I wish there was more option for customization.

Response from Push Operations

Hi Rosa,

Thanks so much for the review! Your comments are very important to us.

Are there are specific modules or areas of the system that you find slow?

I'm curious because our Dev team is currently working on speed optimizations within a few areas and would like to find out if it helps when released.

Replied 21/12/2017
Kevin T.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Payroll is not longer labour intensive for the accounting department

Free up labour intensive data entry and data transfer between various pages / spreadsheets/ programs. Free up time from payroll administrator to look up info for others, as all users have access to the info that they needed without the need to go through payroll department.

Pros

Transparency (managers and staff can check info themselves),
Ease of approval between managers and accounting, and
Smooth workflow from scheduling

Cons

Mobile feature could improve to get close to full experience from the web, especially on the accounting side.

Sherri R.

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Everything in one place and at my fingertips!

Pros

The program is user friendly, it simplifies everyday tasks, and reduces the risk of error. All the team member info I need is available in one place through reporting that I can customize to my needs.

Cons

A few hiccups in functionality but the team at Push is quick (as in immediate!) to resolve any questions, issues, or concerns.

Suman D.

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

You're product is great!!

Pros

The platform is easy to use and incredibly intuitive. Restaurants have an incredibly transient workforce so we love systems that are easy to learn quickly.

Part of what I love is the automated features that support calculating labour and completing payroll. It reduced the amount of admin tasks and burden are managers are required to do and makes the entire process streamlined and quick to use.

And of course, the platform is on top of compliance!

Cons

Haven't found anything that I dislike yet!

Response from Push Operations

Hey Suman,

Thanks for the great review! Compliance is our main goal. We will keep making compliance easy for the restaurant industry.

Replied 26/08/2019
Janelle D.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Easy program for both staff and management to use

Pros

The ability it gives the staff to find their own replacements for shifts. I can post the schedule and if anyone wants to trade or give up a shift, I know that the other person has accepted the change by the shift swap request.

Cons

I have been using the system since April 2017 and have not found anything to complain about. The least liked feature would be the employee request screen that lists all asked for requests. Would be nice to sort by date and hide last years requests.

Debra W.

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Push has been fantastic, I have cut the time down on processing my scheduling and payroll

Pros

The ease of having my schedule combined with my staff clock in and clock out, and have it communicate with my payroll has saved time and money doing stat count backs, processing ROEs T4s and really just everything.

Cons

The scheduling module still needs work for ease of use, but is a work in progress. Excellent upgrades have been made in the year and a half that we have been using it. I am sure this will continue.

Julie K.

Reviewed on 21/12/2016

Payroll Software for Restaurants

Push Operations is a payroll / scheduling software for restaurants. If you're a restaurant, its a solution you should definitely look into as the features are tailored specifically to your operations.

Pros

The product is tailored to restaurants so there are a lot of features that are baked into the system that are made specifically for my operations.

Cons

The time attendance hardware deposit is $. Waiting for them to launch their time attendance mobile app

Kate R.

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Easy to Use

We use the software for payroll, scheduling, and training purposes. It works well however the scheduling functionality could be a little more user friendly. For example, I've worked with other software that allows you to enter the employee's time off requests and then auto-schedule the team. This would be a nice feature

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

If you are inactive for a certain amount of time, the software logs you out automatically. I use the software throughout the day and would prefer if it allowed me to remain logged in

Response from Push Operations

Hi Kate, thank you for the detailed review and feedback. We'd love to see if we can help improve your scheduling experience. When you have time, please contact our support team at [email protected] and we'd love to further assist you. - Trena

Replied 04/03/2020
Justin C.

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

Great product!

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use! Customer service is fantastic.

Cons

Nothing to mention - the product works so well.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Justin,

Thank you for the great review!
- Tianna

Replied 06/08/2019