About ChefMod

ChefMod is a cloud-based system which is designed for small restaurants. It is a suite of the latest tools for vendor management, timely inventory ordering and receiving. These tools are easily accessible from the user's mobile...

All ChefMod Reviews Apply filters

Browse ChefMod Reviews

Matt S.

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Purchase Power

My overall experience with ChefMod has been excellent. The savings for my Buisness both with time and cash value are unmatched.

Pros

From set up to our daily ordering to receiving product ChefMod has killed it every step of the way. Along with the great prices from the purchasing power to the easy use of the software makes ChefMod an easy and logical choice.

Cons

I have nothing to add here, the software does everything we need it to do.

Response from ChefMod

Matt,
I couldn't have said it better myself :-)
Professional Chefs with your experience aren't as common as people may think. We truly appreciate working with you and the talents you bring. Thank you for your support all these years. We appreciate YOU.

Mary M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Coastal Sunbelt Produce is Proud to Partner with ChefMod

Coastal Sunbelt Produce has been proud to be a part of ChefMods growing success since its inception. We have worked closely together over the years with their many talented crew members as both of our businesses have expanded. We admire their dedication to their customers and vendors alike, always on the cusp of what is new in our industry. We look to a bright and successful future with the ChefMod Team.

Pros

Coastal Sunbelt has had an overall excellent experience with this software. When a problem occurred we were able to remedy the situation quickly with the Help of ChefMod team members.

Cons

Coastal Sunbelt has not experienced a major problem that was not remedied efficiently. Although no software is 100 per cent fail proof ChefMod is available to its customers and vendors for quick solutions

Response from ChefMod

Mary, these systems always help to make the process on all sides more efficient. Thank you for being such a valued supplier. ~ChefMod

Jose F.

Reviewed on 18/03/2017

Chef mod is easy to use and navigate including but not limited to their graphics and statistical information. Their reports are always detailed and spot on. Making it easy for anyone to understand the information and interpret it for their own use.
Customer support is always helpful and work in a timely fashion.

Pros

Detailed statistical reports

customer support is quick and easy

Response from ChefMod

Jose,
Strong reporting tools are important for anyone that has the responsibility to manage the numbers. We hope that you are loving the reconciliation tools as well. Thank you for the great review!
John Oldweiler
President

Replied 18/03/2017

Top ChefMod Alternatives

Dennis S.

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

ChefMod- Review

Chef Mod has contributed to my success at the meadowlands. Great professional service with excellent customer service skills .

Pros

It’s a blessing to have quick and easy more time to other things .

Cons

It’s all good , I really never had a issue with it

Response from ChefMod

Chef Dennis,
When we have great customers like you who understand more than most how important it is to have strong systems in place, it makes our focus clear. All of us here are in awe with your ability to manage so many concepts in one facility. We're glad that we can support your efforts and free your time to manage the countless responsibilities you have. Our [chef] hats are off to you my friend!

Pete D.

Excellent product

I have been using this software everyday for the past 8 years to receive thousands of orders. I can honestly say it makes my life so much easier and helps my business run more efficiently. I would recommend this software to anyone that needs to maximize their time during the work day.

Pros

The fact that it's simple to use. I was able to successfully train my staff members to use without any issues.

Cons

None come to mind

Response from ChefMod

Pete,
We are so happy that our solution can delivery more efficiency to your business. Thank you for being such a trusted supplier!

Kathy M.

EASY BREEZY

Working with Chef Mod greatly simplifies the daily task of entering the many invoices we receive daily (and there are many!)...also, the Staff is the best when it comes to responding to questions/requests in a timely manner...thank you, Chef Mod!

Pros

It's quick and easy; very user friendly...I love that someone is always there to respond, no matter what time or what day of the week!

Cons

I'm not sure there is one...I have no problems using it, and if I do, the staff is always there to answer my question...

Response from ChefMod

Thank you very much!

Patrick O.

Chef Mod Site Review

Chef Mod site is very simple to use, and it makes ordering easy. I would recommend it to anyone. It takes getting used to, but once you do get used to it things are very easy.

Response from ChefMod

Patrick,
From all of us here at ChefMod, thank you for the great review!

Ilene R.

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

ChefMod

Very satisfactory

Pros

The customer service is incredibly helpful.

Cons

You never know which vendor is sending what, makes meeting minimums impossible to calculate.

Response from ChefMod

Ilene,
We are very proud of our Member Serviced Team, and we're happy that you see the strong resource we work hard every day to deliver.

Being able to select and view specific supplier information is something people have been asking for, and we've been listening.

We do have this functionality in our production schedule and you will be seeing it soon in our next release. For more specific timelines on this, please feel free to reach out to me directly!
Thank you again for your support!

Natalie C.

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Numbers change

They are helpful over the phone if there are questions.

Pros

I can see when I ordered something last. I can view past orders.

Cons

It’s hard to narrow down items if the aren’t listed the way you search for them.

Response from ChefMod

Natalie, Thank you very much for your great review!

Emilio F.

Chefmod Software Review

I have been a chefmod user for 10+ years. the software is very easy to use and integrates simply into multiple outlets. Member services is very responsive and helpful. We have used chefmod in multiple locations/properties with each addition being stress free and implemented easily.
the programming is very "chef" friendly and integrates well with our systems.
my personal experience with chefmod has been a very positive one.

Response from ChefMod

Emilio, Distributor integrations is where it's at! We all benefit from partners who can communicate in this way... fewer errors, fewer problems, fewer headaches! Thank you the great review!
~ChefMod Team

Gerardo P.

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

Great service

There's always someone to give a help to resolve any issue with the vendors thanks Chefmod I love you guys

Response from ChefMod

Gerardo,
We love you to! Thank you for providing years of support for our program. Our Member Services team will always be here to be your advocate and to resolve any issue you may have!

Replied 27/03/2017
Bender G.

Two Thumbs Up!!!!

We have been using ChefMod since they started,
ChefMod Makes Life Easier In The Business!!! It is the BEST IDEA anyone could ever come up with.

Response from ChefMod

Bender, Making lives easier is our favorite thing to do... right next to removing bags from under the eyes!... Thank you for the great review!

Donna S.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017

Cannot live without it. Simplifies everything

Easy to use. Saves both time and money. Great customer service. You speak to a person no waiting for a call back

Pros

Quick

Response from ChefMod

Donna, Thank you so much for our perfect score. This means that we'll have to work extra hard now to keep it, and we will! ~ John

Dave S.

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Happy Customer

ChefMod has been wonderful, the staff I've interacted with are always polite and professional. The product we receive is always of the highest quality, and the digitizing of invoices makes accounting a breeze on our end. Overall I love it, I wish I had switched over sooner.

Pros

Ease of use with this system is what I like best about it, not to mention the money saved

Cons

Sometimes the wording on how products are named in the system doesn't make sense, but once you figure out how to search it's not a problem

Response from ChefMod

Dave, thanks for the great review! Product naming conventions are an ongoing effort. This year alone we added more than 6,000 new items to the system. Keeping track of all the manufacturer and distributor updates is a full time job. We recently implemented a formal naming convention that addresses this very topic and have begun to routinely update current items as well as to manage new ones. Thank you for the feedback and of course your ongoing support.

Matilda S.

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

The best ordering software

My experience is the greatest, the staff is always there to support you 100%. The execution of them resolving any issues is so on point, it makes my operations at the restaurant run that much smoother. They always check back to make sure you’re satisfy with products price and any inconvenience encounter during delivery.

Pros

I love this software, is easy to navigate for ordering, entering sales and invoices. I like that I can go back and find old invoices instead of calling the office to make sure they were entered.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing I don’t like about it.

Response from ChefMod

Matilda,
What can I say, members like you make every day a pleasure to come to work. Thank you for your support all these years. You truly are a power user!

Matilda S.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017

The company that helps your buissness run smooth!

Chefmod is everything you need in one place, from logging our sales to ordering and getting the best prices it doesn't get any better then this. When ever we have any issues the customer service is the best. They get back to you right away and 99% of the time the problem is resolved on the first call. They follow up making sure everything is ok and also keep us update with any changes that might interfere with ordering any product ahead of time so we can sub with another product. I cannot see running my restaurant as accurate as we do if it wasn't for chefmod. The staff is amazing friendly and always willing to take care of any problems we may encounter.

Pros

Makes everything in the restaurant run smooth giving us the best product out there.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Matilda!

Michael O.

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

ChefMod for restaurants

Overall savings is a great plus.
When the rep and the other manager (do not recall her name) were on staff, there was more feedback from the team that seams lacking. No one has come out to introduce themselves since in order to let us know they are the new point person.
The rep has been very helpful. Several of the staff are very responsive and able to trouble shoot. Unfortunately, a formal introduction of new management was never made.

Pros

The service personnel attempt to accommodate most situations. They are always friendly and as helpful as possible.
Being able to send orders at anytime without having to make phone calls is a great convenience and timesaver.
Once the order guides are set up it is very efficient to place orders.

Cons

The fact that there is no way to see where the products are coming from on the screen while ordering is very inconvenient. Often we do not make a minimum order and chefmod has to transfer merchandise. I would like to see where the lowest bid is coming from(or all bids for that matter) so I can ordr where it best suits my needs. Some vendors deliver early, some late - I want the knowledge of where they are coming from.

Response from ChefMod

Michael,
Thank you for your review and your kind words about our team and system strengths. More importantly, we respect the feedback on where we can improve.
Our intention is to provide the most ease when placing orders, but we do also realize that for some, having more control is important. Our developers are working on a host of features which will give you exactly the insight to suppliers and pricing that you are asking about. This will be offered in an upcoming release which I will share more with you in person.
I hope you enjoyed meeting with our Member Services Team Leader yesterday, and I look forward to reaching out to your personally to set up our next meet up!

Darvin P.

Reviewed on 16/03/2017

Chefmod is the way to go!

software is very user friendly, keeps track of your invoices, and reconcile them at a click.
ordering your supplies is the best, create your own list of items you order weekly and just click on them to order them. shows you what you last order so you know what should be order next time around.

Pros

ease of invoice entry, and making your orders

Cons

have not found any yet!

Response from ChefMod

Darvin, So glad that you're taking advantage of our one click invoice reconciliation. Such a simple thing saves our members thousands of hours a week!
Thank you for the great review!

Replied 16/03/2017
Dan D.

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Happy

easier than ordering separately from each company

Pros

customer service is great
mostly easy to use

Cons

small inconveniences in use: i almost ALWAYS order through "order history" and wish it would automatically start me there

prices are not always cheaper, especially when fee is included

Response from ChefMod

Thanks for the review Dan! We're always looking at pricing. Operationally it's our #1 focus. Be sure to always look at the Alternatives for items. This is where you may get the most bang for the buck.

John M.

My Chef Mod Experience

My experience with Chef Mod has taught me that they are tenacious when I comes to supporting their members. They have demonstrated to me that they will go to serious lengths to deliver the right products when the members require.

Pros

Cons

We haven't really had any issues yet.

Response from ChefMod

John, it's great working with suppliers who are so committed to our member's needs. We appreciate all that you do, every day. From all of us here at ChefMod, and from our members... Thank you!

Fanor B.

Reviewed on 18/03/2017

Exellent customer service

It's helpful, convenient fast and operations hours are always available, the customer service assistant,reliable, when customers ask for finding new items, they are always available, they are always updating their system to make our online experience better, communication is the best,

Pros

Easy to find products on line, customer services is always available. Prices, weight, amount are always updated.

Cons

Not happy with the new staff, some representatives don't have the needed experience to help when ordering on line.

Response from ChefMod

Chef Fanor,
Our Member Services team is always a focus and as business grows we train new specialists thoroughly. Thank you for the excellent review!

Replied 20/03/2017
Michele F.

ChefMod Review

We have formed great relationships with the customer support staff at ChefMod! They help to make our days easier!

Pros

My items are always saved so I can just go to my guide and order my most common items.

Cons

Sometimes items get locked for no reason and you have to call to gain access to them again.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Michele!

Roberto S.

User Friendly

Compared to other programs I have used in the past this one has been the easiest to learn and very user friendly. Their Customer Service support is also very friendly and helpful!

Pros

User friendly, updated feel and look.

Response from ChefMod

Roberto, It's great to work with a company as committed to our customers as we are. Thank you for the positive review! ~ ChefMod

Replied 16/03/2017
Vispy H.

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

User Friendly Interface system

5 start to the system

Pros

Very easy to use and understanding customer facing for role. Easy to order and bifurcate. Team keep up thre good work.

Cons

few cases observation the quick book get unlinked on it own. Rest all good

Jeff I.

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Excellent Package!

Very pleased and am so glad I’ve discovered ChefMod!!

Pros

It has provided me with an excellent single stop piece of software for just about all of my needs!

Cons

I really can’t say there’s anything I don’t like about the suite of offerings!

Response from ChefMod

Thank you for the terrific review Jeff! Thanks for your support.