About 15Five

15Five is a human-centered performance management platform that creates effective managers, highly engaged employees, and top-performing organizations. From engagement surveys and 1-on-1 tools to performance reviews and OKRs,...

Browse 15Five Reviews

Todd W. Todd W.

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Easy to use, lightweight yet powerful performance partnership tool.

It is the most meaningful performance management software I have ever used. It promotes weekly thought about "the next action" you need to take on your projects, it ensures that manager and team member are connecting regularly, it is easy to use and doesn't require an overwhelming amount of work to complete or review a report, and it naturally fits into other management best practices (e.g. one on one meetings, coaching, feedback, etc.).

Pros

I like that 15Five is focused on frequent, easy, meaningful check ins between manager and team members rather than annual performance reviews. The weekly check ins on near term work develop a rhythm of weekly talking about what is going on now, the work's relation to the larger goals and initiatives and it provides opportunity to spin off thornier topics into one on one conversations. The weekly questions provide opportunity to go into topics of career development, culture, and other future focused areas. The High Fives are a great way to bring in peer to peer recognition. Everyone loves getting a High Five!

Cons

I would like to be able to have more freedom in creating reports. The reporting that is currently available is helpful but I sometimes have needs to create more custom reports than are currently possible. Also, I would like to be able to have control over which High Fives show on the public feed (sometimes High Fives mention sensitive employee situations that you wouldn't want to include on the public feed).

Caitlin W. Caitlin W.

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

15/5 Great Management Tool

15/5 is a fantastic tool for remote teams

Pros

There are several things I love about this software. The ability to check my co-workers 15/5's and see what types of tasks/goals they're working on weekly is useful in our remote team because it provides me with a reference which allows me to consider where I am in comparison to the rest of the team, and how I might shift my focus if need be.
The High Five tool is also fantastic because it allows us to show our appreciation for the little things we do for one another, as a remote team we aren't always sure if the things we do actually make much of a difference and this allows us to give "kudos" to things which otherwise might go unrecognized.

Cons

One of the little issues I've had with this software is that it is difficult (Impossible?) to delete a task.
A quick example of this: If I write "Arrange a meeting with ___" and later that day I realize this is not the person I should be meeting with, it is difficult to remove the task, and though I can mark it as complete, it still makes the task list look cluttered and looking back on 15/5, may cause confusion.

Erica I. Erica I.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 06/01/2020

15Five Review

15Five is a great way for me to quickly recap how my week went and what I'm looking to tackle in the following week. It make it easy for me to connect with my manager and lets me recognize coworkers who have helped me during the week. This is a tool I like using!

Pros

It's super easy to use and reminds me that I have an upcoming review to fill out. It holds me accountable for my weekly progress and makes it easy for me to outline topics to connect with my manager. I also really like the shout outs feature to give my team credit where credit is due!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. The only thing for the "streaks" aka how many I've filled out in a row will start over if I'm OOO which is annoying because I would have filled it out if I was there. There might be a way to wave it for a week but I haven't looked.

Response from 15Five

Hi, Erica,

Thanks for sharing how valuable you find 15Five to be! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the streaks. You should be able to indicate within 15Five that you will be on vacation so that the software knows not to mark your 15Five for that week as incomplete. I would reach out to your Customer Success Manager for help with this. If you're unsure who to contact, I'm happy to connect you with the right person!

Replied 07/01/2020

Top 15Five Alternatives

Ashlee B. Ashlee B.

Reviewed on 03/02/2018

Easily track the pulse of your team each week

Pros

The ability to alternate the questions from week to week, or create a rotating bank of questions, means you can not only touch base with your team weekly, but you can also measure progress on a monthly basis. This means you can see the day to day, as well as the big picture trends. I also like the "High Five" and tagging integrations which make 15Five feel less like reporting to a boss, and more like a social sharing experience.

Cons

Each submission can only have one reviewer. So if multiple managers need to access and comment on a 15Five, one has to be ranked above the other- it's hierarchal.

Joseph B. Joseph B.

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Great Tool For Goal Setting and Follow Up

The High-5's on 15Five are something that folks in our organization really like. I also like the weekly process of setting goals for the following week and accounting for the goals of the prior week. I think this is natural process for highly successful people and so 15Five helps people for whom this is not a natural habit.

Pros

The ease of use of this software is great and it works flawlessly and it really makes it easy for managers and subordinates to communicate weekly goals and progress. It also makes it easy to add survey questions to gather specific feedback on topics.

Cons

I don't think the software originally allowed you to suspend the surveys over holidays but that appears to have been fixed now. This caused the consecutive weeks streak is maintained even when reports are not submitted over Christmas break.

Response from 15Five

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. Super glad to hear 15Five is providing you and your team value in so many ways.

Replied 11/02/2020
Mary S. Mary S.

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Really good product for tracking team success and happiness

I like it. Super fast and responsive - but I would use it more and use more of the features if I could configure the settings like adding agenda items from a team member's 15/5 and having those items be private to me until I'm ready to share them in a 1/1 with that team member - and if I could update progress on objectives more easily.

Pros

I like that you can configure it to capture just what you are looking for from your team when you ask them questions, but also that I can add items from their 15/5 right to a 1on-1 agenda. And that I can give high-fives right from that screen - so I don't forget to do it later. I like the reminders about the upcoming week, but somehow my reminders are always from my previous week's priorities? Not sure how to fix that.

But I also like that when I fill my own review out that it keeps me on track with priorities and reminders.

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to update an objective's progress or due date. I am always hunting around for that. I also don't like that the objectives are all public-facing -- as a manager, I have many things I am working on that are HR sensitive matters. I also don't like that when I add items from one of my team's comments in their 15/5 to a 1.1 agenda - that it generates a comment to them - I find that unnecessary and frankly, a nuisance - these are notes for me, not for them - and when they get emails about those things it prompts them to come talk to me about or send a note about it immediately instead of waiting until I'm ready to discuss it with them. I don't use that feature now for that reason.

Reviewed on 08/11/2017

An easy-to-use tool that makes it simple to do what every manager should be doing already.

Pros

Ease of use for the person filling out the report- it's simple and helpful for them, as well as the manager. That makes it quality content, and not just white noise or another thing to check off the list.

Cons

Sometimes challenging to rearrange questions for different groups/individuals. They have a system in place, but I don't personally believe it's the most user-friendly. It can be confusing and unintuitive at times.

Response from 15Five

Hi reviewer,

Thanks so much for the review. It's great to hear you find 15Five simple to use (one of our values!) and that it's helpful for managers and employees.

I'm sorry you are having issues with questions. Questions are a bit tricky and I admit it's not the most user friendly part of our app.

We always strive to improve. If you have suggestions or get stuck on anything please email our support team [email protected] We love customer feedback - good and bad.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Priscilla Zorrilla
15Five Customer Success Manager

Replied 10/11/2017

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

This is good tool aspect from HR Vision

The business aspect we solve many HR and Manager Problem

Pros

it has Easy interface - to work and use and also Great customer service
it Provides the performance management software

Cons

Analytics for managers to check the task.
it has a pre-set date Problem while submitting the task
In which each submission can only have one reviewer so this is not good from my side.

Response from 15Five

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us! I'm happy to hear you're getting value out of 15Five and will be sure to let our Customer Support team know they're doing a fantastic job taking care of our customers.

I also appreciate you sharing feedback on some of the limitations you've encountered in 15Five. We're very committed to continuously innovating our product and will be making several exciting releases in 2020 that will address many of our customers' most pressing pain points.

I'd love to hear more about how your organization is using 15Five today, including the benefits you're getting and challenges you're facing. Feel free to reach out!

Replied 13/12/2019

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

I use this platform at least once a week and I must say it's a great way to keep people...

Connection with people that you would typically not be able to communicate with being that there is no department cross over or something of this nature. A simple way to stay connected to your management as well, while also helping to survey the company constantly so management can find problems in training or managers that are making employees quit.

Pros

The ability for management to take a temperature check of how the team is doing and or feeling is really valuable. (I do not know what the cost of this software is however) It also helps people high five each other when ever they want to give their friends/co-workers a simple & quick compliment which is really good for building comradery.

Cons

I think that if it is a mandatory tool to use every day it can become more of a annoying tool rather than a helpful one. Once or twice a week will suffice.

Sreekumar J. Sreekumar J.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016

Helps to cultivate a habit of sharing and receiving feedback

Most of the prevailing performance appraisal methods are designed for the earlier way of working, non existing jobs, and most importantly not for the Millennials. So what else we can do? This is a question many forward looking companies must be asking and the answer is 15 Five.

When somebody is not performing, we need not wait for a quarter or a half year or a year to find that the employee is not performing and to arrive at a conclusion that he/she require improvement. Real time feedback is what we require to improve the performance of any employee. 15 Five is really helpful to solve this problem and recommend for any organisation with a will to keep their people happy, productive, stay relevant in their business.

Pros

No training is required to begin using
Simple on-boarding
Effective reminders
Once again overall UX is great

Cons

Nothing much,
May be pricing would be a concern for some emerging economies like India
Other language support also can be a concern

Lori M. Lori M.

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Use this tool... it boosts morale and motivation!

Pros

The "high five" functionality allows us to celebrate small and big wins in a timely manner. It also boosts our employees' morale and motivation. Imagine that you received weekly compliments from your coworkers and possibly even more? And those compliments went to your whole team... it's pretty fantastic.

Cons

I haven't found much that I don't like. Sometimes the program defaults to include my leader's full library of questions, but it's usually because she didn't pick questions that week and she just fixes it. Also, the rating of completion of reports on time is a little discouraging, but I'm a high performer and pretty much expect 100% out of myself. I don't even think others (besides my leader) can see that score.

Tyler H. Tyler H.

I love this product

I'm a huge fan & have recommended it to many, many folks at other companies.

Pros

• Mobile app is generally great. I have a few small tweaks I'd make, but overall it does what I need it to do well.
• The 1:1 functionality is used throughout our company & I love that my reports can see the notes that I take in our meetings.
• The high fives are great for lightweight feedback. An iOS widget would make it even easier.
• The weekly reports are easy to use.

Cons

There honestly isn't much. I don't do any of the setup for surveys & admin of our account, so I can't speak to that. I'm only just now getting direct reports, and so far, it looks useful from that perspective.

Once in a while (that I can't specifically remember right now), the interactions are a bit awkward or not where I'm looking for them. But they're not so bad that I give up.

Rob H. Rob H.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

15Five has become a core part of our efforts to build the best place to work

Pros

Super easy to use. Supports best practice behaviours we believe in. Encourages positive and constructive feedback. No niggly bugs, usability issues, or disappointments.

Cons

It needs better support for integrations with workflow management tools. Effective teams work together on problems + tasks, and there are tools like Trello which do a great job of this. Integrating these tools with the processes encourages by 15Five would be fantastic.

Jerrin R. Jerrin R.

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Great tool for supporting and motivating employees

Great for supporting and encouraging employees.

Pros

My company uses this weekly. We answer questions that range from being reflective about ourselves, our growth, or the organization. Sometimes there are "just for fun" questions as well. But my favorite part is the shout outs. There is space to call out specific people who did a great job or helped with something, that might have otherwise gone unnoticed. These questions/responses/shout outs are stored, and have been useful for me in reviews to help track my contributions.

Cons

I didn't love answering all of the questions each week, but I believe that feature is probably customizable.

Carl N. Carl N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

My Review

Our employees are scattered across the company and this is slowly connecting us.

Pros

I have been able to look all the way down to the lowest level of the org chart to identify issues much quicker.

Allowing me to get a better sense of what is going on around the company to assist in the development of our culture.

Cons

I have not really used the home page at all. To much scrolling. Would like to see a single screen snap shot of what I need to see and clickable if I need to drill down. The content seen would be editable by individual users.

Kelly S. Kelly S.

Best Purchase, Added Value

Cross team recognition grew organically with the HighFives. Leadership did not ask or really highlight this feature initially and employees started actively giving HighFive to each other. The weekly 15Five has eased communication by providing regular check in's. Personally the pulse check is such a quick gauge into how someone is feeling and managers can touch base if they are having a tough week or celebrate an awesome week. We just launched our first review process for the company using BestSelf Review!

Pros

Ease of use as well as the support/help articles.

Cons

Can't really think of something. Initially I believe you could not have different owners for key results, but you can now and we love it!

Jon S. Jon S.

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

Feedback

Very positive. Drives structure to one on ones so we are better prepped and having deeper conversations. Allows for initiative tracking and weekly goals tracking to ensure we are holding ourselves and each other accountable to deliver on our committments.

Pros

simple to use and helps drive healthy habits to deliver for the business

Cons

Appears to be some lacking features but it might just be how my organization has deployed it

Robert D. Robert D.

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

Personnel that look forward to their 15Five...

Pros

I love that my staff ask about scheduling these opportunities to discuss what is going on within their areas of responsibility and follow through and track their own progress and development.

Cons

Sometimes it is very difficult to recover previous 15 Five meeting notes.

Holly S. Holly S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Great way to track goals

Overall I think this is a really great way for managers to have insight into their employees and also for individuals to reflect and set objectives. I really like using this tool

Pros

15five is a brilliant way for both yourself and your manager to track progress, alongside weekly and monthly goals. I like the ability to be able to fill in weekly feedback where you can reflect on the week but also plan your next week in advance to help give structure. The high fives are a really great way to recognise people in the company especially when most people are more remote now.

Cons

I have found the new update a bit confusing to navigate and the long term objectives can be difficult to keep updated on a regular basis, so it would be good to keep that seperate to your weekly 15five.

Arwa N. Arwa N.

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Easy to manage projects using this software

Overall, it has been a good experience. Its easy to use and requires little onboarding.

Pros

Really easy to use and keeps everyone on track. Helps with time management and managing people. Great tools within the system to recognize people. Doesn't require a whole lot of training.

Cons

This software doesn't have many recognition features. There are few tools for employee recognition but not many. Also the price is a bit high for a system. I wouldn't recommend for smaller businesses.

Response from 15Five

Hi Arwa,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you find 15Five so easy to use! Please note that we do offer High Fives in 15Five, a feature that allows you to recognize others in your organization for something awesome they've done. We find this is often one of our customers' favorite features, as it builds morale and even increases visibility into all of the positive change occurring in an organization! Happy to chat more about this with you if you'd like to learn more.

Replied 27/02/2020
Stacy N. Stacy N.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Valuable Development Tool

Great - has kept our team on track and "open book"

Pros

the ability to keep us on track and provide consistent check in and feed back

Cons

there are some things (like objectives and reviews) that were a little finicky in using

Response from 15Five

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for sharing your feedback! If there's anything in particular we can help with regarding Objectives and Reviews, please let me know.

Replied 04/02/2020
Austin A. Austin A.

Reviewed on 21/10/2016

For quick-n-easy 360 degree company feedback, this allows you to keep your finger on the pulse.

Everyone communicates differently; some more verbally, while others have a tendency to write more than they speak. When using this in combination with your regular team touch points, you can preload important questions for the week, gauge morale and frustrations, plus get a sense of where employees find the most reward.

The responsiveness of the 15five team in dealing with issues, feedback, or simply a question, is quite high, and always friendly.

The web interface is quite fast, smooth and simple to use.

Jess C. Jess C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

15Five is a great way to keep a pulse of our team

We are a completely remote organization and so we do not have the regular stop and chat with team members in the way that organizations who are not remote. 15Five has been a good way for us to "smoke out" issues with the team and be able to nip them in the bud.

Pros

It is easy to use, sends reminders and allows me to quickly and easily get an idea of how our team is feeling and doing overall. I love the 1:1 feature and use that regularly for my 1:1s with my team members.

Cons

I feel like the questions do become redundant at times. Some of the questions do not prompt as much feedback from team members than others (sometimes they only give a simple yes/no). Could be a user issue with how we have it set up, but having some more recommendations on good questions would be good.

Greg B. Greg B.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

15Five in Montgomery

I have been fortunate in getting great, helpful advice from my managers without the dreaded "blow back" one might anticipate in such a setting. It is a chance, every other week, to stay in touch with everyone and share a snapshot view of one's market at that time.

Pros

This software allows me to "be myself" when explaining the ups and downs of my position here in this market. It allows me to voice my concerns in a more candid, private setting.

Cons

Having to stretch for that second and third reason I'm not on top of the world, waiting to explode. For me, it's either good or bad. I try not to hype the good, because it usually short lived. And, I'm hesitant about discussing bad or stressful things going on, due to the tendencies of misinterpretation. I would rather internalize than "whine".....

Ashley I. Ashley I.

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

The Good with the Bad

15Five, when it was good, was great. It was essentially a safe space to give feedback and the fact that leaders can respond right on the app is super cool.

However, nothing beats face to face communication.

Pros

15Five is an excellent way to get team members to take stock of how their work experience is going.

What I liked the most about using 15Five was the opportunity it gave me to reflect on my week, take some accountability, and give some much needed Feedback to my leaders.

The app itself was really easy to use. Straightforward and intuitive.

Cons

15Five, like other activities of this type, is only as effective as the user makes it. Meaning, if a team member is continuously giving feedback on a subject, and not getting any sort of response, the software can become counterproductive and in fact have a negative impact on the user.