About SeatMe

Yelp Reservations is a cloud-based restaurant management system that helps manage reservations and guests. Primarily catering small to midsize businesses, it enables real-time communication between customers and restaurant...

Browse SeatMe Reviews

Daria K.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

One stop

Frustration-free experience. Booking is very simple and takes 30 seconds.

Pros

I like that it’s a one stop shop for me, I find the restaurant on yelp and make reservations without having to call. It’s also nice to see current wait times, very convenient,

Cons

I didn’t notice any cons whatsoever. I guess the only thing is if you need a special table like a view or in a specific area of a restaurant you’d have to call.

Jenny M.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

I've used Yelp Reservations when I've been on Yelp and see reservations are available.

Pros

If I'm already on Yelp looking for a restaurant and I happen upon a restaurant I definitely want to make a reservation at and see reservations are possible to book via Yelp directly, I'll use Yelp Reservations. The user experience is quick and seamless and comparable to reservation competitors like OpenTable and Resy. I like that because it's familiar, it's easy and it's not overcomplicated. The email confirmation follow-up is always good, too. Pretty standard, but good nonetheless.

Cons

I dislike 2 main things about Yelp Reservations. First (on desktop) if you're on Yelp Reservations then decide to change what cuisine or what neighborhood you're looking for in the search bar, the search generates regular Yelp results vs. Yelp Reservation results. You have to click "Make a Reservation" again at the top, which is annoying and makes the experience slightly less seamless. It's not a HUGE issue, but one or two extra steps to a consumer is one too many since the reservation booking alternatives don't have this issue.

Second, it's frustrating that the search results generate neighborhoods FAR beyond the neighborhood you're searching for. It makes sense for neighborhoods relatively near the original neighborhood search to pop up but it's just not OK for neighborhoods in different states to pop up. I'd MUCH rather have less search results pop up.

Lagin A.

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Yelp reservations

My experience overall is an A. It will be an A+ when there's more restaurants to chose from.

Pros

I love that they've now integrated reservations for the restaurants on the app. Now it's a one stop shop. it allows you to choose a restaurant based on reviews and if you decide you want to go there, you can set a reservation.

Cons

I really wished there were more restaurants to choose from. Right now the options are extremely limited.

Top SeatMe Alternatives

Christina S.

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Yelp Keeps Improving - Enjoy Yelp Reservations!

Yelp Reservations has many benefits not only to use the user but also to the restaurant! Everything is digital and the you don't have to spend time calling, which requires the host at the restaurant to answer the phone (which is usually busy and loud!), and then having to say how many people are in your party, what your name is and spell your name, what time the reservation is, and also asking how long the wait is. Yelp Reservation provides you with all this information right at your fingers tips - you already know how long the wait is or if there is no wait, you can easily type in your name and information and then you get a confirmation and email - what a time saver! The restaurant and the user are on the same page when you arrive - avoiding phone call conversation mistakes and errors! Great job Yelp Reservations, I'd highly suggest any Yelp user to use Yelp Reservations - it just makes like simpler and easier!

Pros

I've been relying on Yelp since they first began. I frequently check Yelp on my desktop, laptop, and I have the app on my phone. Yelp has really stepped up it's game and I appreciate that Yelp really filters reviews and gives the use a trusting experience and recommendation be it for restaurants, take out, cleaning services, medical, people, shops, the list goes on! Yelp Reservations has taken Yelp to the next level because it offers users an easier way to make a reservation - you can easily see what times are available, how long the wait is, and instantly send a reservation request to the restaurant without having to call. What a great additional service that Yelp Reservations had added to Yelp!

Cons

I have no complaints. Yelp is very user friendly and has made reviews and dining experiences less hectic and overall easier for everyone!

• Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Secure and Convenient for planning

Making reservations in an easy way and with lots of options makes it a great app. I like the fact that you can get spots on a regular basis and it's very reliable. Once you get to the place, you feel like they were waiting for you to get there because they already received your reservation and are ready to serve you.

Pros

Yelp is a great app to get an idea of the vibe and the good (or bad) things about a restaurant that you might have been thinking on going or just one that you heard by opening the app, plus once you decide you can just make a reservation with it's quick and easy system.

Cons

It's very simple to make a reservation and the software is very easy to use. You might feel that once you get to the place the information did not make it to the restaurant. Also you might not find all the updated places that you could visit.

Julia H.

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Great way to find and compare restaurants, shops, hotels, etc. in any area I'm unfamiliar with.

Easy way to find local eateries wherever I am

Pros

I love that Yelp gives you your proximity to current location, it's easy to compare places (if you click on a place that you are looking at, it opens in a new window which means you don't lose where you were looking). Reviews are by real people, and have typically steared me in the right direction. Great to have photos too!

Cons

Anyone with an opinion can right it - whether they know anything or not. It's a bit of a catch 22 - anyone can provide a review but if they have a bad experience and rate someone horribly, star ratings go down and I do pay attention to that.

Elizabeth A.

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Need Help? Use Yelp!

All in all, Yelp is an amazing app that has made finding good restaurants easy.

Pros

Yelp is a super useful and efficient app that helps you find just what you are looking for. It allows users access to consumer reviews, photos, restaurant menus, fast booking (online reservations), pre-assigned table/seating, current wait times, and much more- to ensure that customers find the right restaurant every time regardless of the occasion.

Cons

Yelp Reservations sends you an email confirmation once you have made an online reservation, but does not allow you to digitally track your reservation, which can often make you feel uneasy (wondering if the restaurant received your request or if particular timeslot is even available).

Ronda P.

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

It is something that is a common name for customers and businesses.

Pros

That for the customer its a no brainier. Touch and click and by the evening your out with friends or families having dinner at your favorite restaurant.

Cons

I can say I don't have any complaints unless I need to make one up in my head.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Helpful app for reservations

I do like Yelp reservations but for the cost I think that the app interface should be much better.

Pros

I like the simplicity of this app and that I am able to customize the tables to mimic what my restaurant floor looks like - makes reservations easier to manage

Cons

I do not like the interface of this for mobile devices. I use two iPads to manage reservations and they will not sync with each other. One will show a table Is available and the other app will not update and show the same.

Diego D.

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Yelp Review

Pros

Yelp has changed the way I look for restaurants. Now it is as simple as going into an app and look for nearby restaurants or shopping malls. Yelp includes their price range, location, descriptions, reviews, and photos. This allows the customer to have a full virtual idea of the place they are looking into.

Cons

Yelp works best in the US which makes sense since it is a US company but it would be great if it worked internationally like in Central America.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Very easy to make reservations via Yelp

I use Yelp whenever I plan to dine outside. It has been a great experience using Yelp because their reviews are generally honest. The Yelp Reservation has made me even more convenient when using Yelp.

Pros

When I first reserved a restaurant through Yelp, I wasn't sure if this will work. But surprisingly it is very convenient and accurate. Only few clicks are needed to reserve a spot for you. It saved much time for me because I used to make phone calls to do it.

Cons

I am not sure if Yelp charges a fee to local restaurants when I reserve through Yelp. If this is the case, I will feel sorry for the local owners. I wish Yelp makes clear about this matter.

Stacey M.

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Love this options!

Overall, this service is amazing and worth looking in to. However, not every place use it, so it can be inconsistent.

Pros

I love when Yelp has restaurants that offer reservations right in the app.
Often times, I pick places with high wait time and very popular. By using Yelp reservations, I can put my name in line before I leave, be given a time to show up, and then reduce the wait time to barely anything. It is simple, saves time, and keeps frustration at a low.

Cons

I truly have nothing I can think of that I don't like. I just wish more places used this feature, so I could do it more often!

Logan M.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Always Check Yelp First

Yelp Reservations has been helpful when booking events and making sure that there are tables available for different parties.

Pros

I have benefitted greatly from the expert reviews that are on Yelp and the reservation technology. Something that I like within Yelp Reservations is that it allows users to see real-time position status on restaurant/business waitlists. It allows you to share your reservation to your party, and alerts you when it is near your timeslot.

Cons

I don't find there being many dislikes. The only complication with my use of the program is finding if a restaurant does uses it or not. Yelp could promote Yelp Reservations more and make the appeal to use its function more.

Jenabyl M.
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Good website to do reservations!

My overall experience so far has been a great one I am satisfied with this website and I will continue to use it in the future when I go out to eat at restaurants on special occasions.

Pros

Yelp has many features but one of my favorites has to be Yelp Reservations due to always being so flexible and helpful when it comes to finding the best day and time to go eat! It has been a great site and each time I plan to go eat for a special occasion I use this site especially for birthdays I recommend it to friends and family too. It helps you how to schedule it once you decide which place you will eat which is helpful for those who do not use the internet much. Very helpful and great site!

Cons

The only thing I dislike is that I’ve only gotten two reservations cancelled during my time using yelp but overall it’s not a bad website at all.

Andrew T.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Great for reservations.

I wish I knew before I could reserve our table on the app instead of having to call in each time. It was definitely a time saver and lessened our worries about getting to the restaurant on time and getting seated.

Pros

It was great for planning ahead and making reservations at a sushi restaurant my wife and I enjoy. They even have a policy that you need to check in on yelp on an ipad in the restaurant so it's nice to save time doing it beforehand.

Cons

I don't have any major complaints at the moment.

Amy V.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Convenient

Great experience with reserving and very simple to do so.

Pros

I love that I can go to one site to make a reservation at any restaurant of my choosing, instead of having to call or navigate to the specific restaurants themselves. It's just much simpler to know I can go onto Yelp to search for restaurants I'm thinking of and being able to see the ratings and pricing ranges.

Cons

The only con would be that sometimes there are restaurants that are not on Yelp to be able to view and make a reservation.

Alla P.

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Yelp

I do like it a lot though.

Pros

I love using it every time I go to a restaurant!

Cons

I don't always feel like I can trust all the reviews.

Anabel B.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Best Friendly user software

It was a great experience, very easy to use and upload any information.

Pros

This a very good advertising program, you can upload your business information and it will benefit not only your company but your customers as well when they need to locate or look for information about your business. I like how easy and friendly user is when uploading your information.

Cons

There's really no cons about it, I think it just needs to be updated every so often to provide better information.

Jennifer S.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Yelp Reservations Review

Pros

This is a smart feature for Yelp to integrate. If you are already looking for a resturant, it is so easy to create your reservation at this time as well. It is a great timesaver.

Cons

There are no cons about this software;however,sometimes I will opt for using Opentable instead since it is easier to consider multiple dining options at once.

Hailley F.

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Very user-friendly interface and real-time updates make reservationist life easy!

Pros

The layout is very simplistic, using color codes and other obvious flags for ease of use. The learning curve is short and new users can hit the ground running and start using the software same-day!

Cons

The restaurant layout feature could be a little more specifically tailored to each unique restaurant space, but the way it has been done for our restaurant group is still representative enouhg of the space to eliminate confusion for reservationists

Heather S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Yelp Reservations

Thank you for making dining out easier. We are all in a hurry these days and don't want to waste time going to places that are not worth our hard earned money.

Pros

I love that it list the type of cost, reviews, restaurant information and the full menu on there for you see. It takes the guess work out of trying to find a place to eat. I love that it also has the sanitation score on there and what violations they have.

Cons

I do not know of anything I don't like about this software.

Shae S.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Really Cool

Pros

I used this software as a host when at the first restaurant I ever worked at. The software was amazingly easy to use and fun too. I liked how you could send text message alerts to patrons about their reservations.

Cons

I never had any issues while using this software that I can think of.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Easy reservations

Pros

I love Yelp. I love it even more when the restaurant allows for Yelp Reservations. I trust Yelp's reviews so when I'm able to book a reservation right through the same app - I'm fully satisfied and pleased. So easy to make reservations, edit and cancel them too.

Cons

I didn't like that you can't make changes to your reservation when it's less than 24 hours away. I feel like it'd be nice if this were a function.

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Super Functional

Pros

Does what you need it to for any size party! And I love that its all integrated in the same platform because I use Yelp for recommendations all the time

Cons

I don't like the fact that you need a credit card to make a reservation. Not sure if this is for every restaurant but I think it would be better if they made you go through an email confirmation instead

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Not very impressed with Yelp

I really don't get very many benefits from this software. It hinders my work more than it helps. I wouldn't suggest it.

Pros

The website is easy to get to. I like the color red. The name of Yelp is interesting. Other than that, it's difficult to say anything else good.

Cons

The reviews are fake. The algorithms are irritating. The constant calls from Yelp salespeople are extremely annoying. I don't like Yelp Reservations and/or Yelp overall.