About Accounting Seed

Accounting Seed Financial Suite is a cloud-based accounting solution catering to the needs of various industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing and consulting. The solution enables users to bill customers, accept...

Browse Accounting Seed Reviews

Jennifer D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Accounting Seed

Our overall experience was good. We transitioned from Quickbooks to Accounting Seed and it was a major transition, but the accounting seed team worked with us to make sure it went smoothly.

Pros

We chose accounting seed because it integrates with Salesforce and it was the only Accounting software available at the time that could fully integrate within our platform. We also have a high number of credit card transactions that we have to reconcile each month and liked the Bank Direct Connect functionality.

Cons

There were some limitations within the software, but if feel with each update, the Accounting Seed team works to offer updates and solutions to key issues.

Kathryn C.

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Complete and Comprehensive General Ledger and Financial Reporting

The system overall is a fabulous product that goes far beyond the functionality of other accounting solutions, such as: Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Sage, Quickbooks, Servman, Aljex, and Epicor.

Pros

Accounting Seed is intuitive, has internal controls, an audit trail, produces all financial statements including a Statement of Cash Flows, a full general ledger, has exemplary customer support, and combined with Salesforce applications, provides for complete and comprehensive financial reporting

Cons

There are some minor issues with the application, but nothing that prevented me from using it. For example, I would like to see the company name and logo on the financial statements.

Lori M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Great Support

We've had issues on and off using the program since going live in January 2019, however, AccountingSeed Customer Support has helped us through all of those issues. They've even done some customization for us as a courtesy. I've been working on a custom template (with Conga) for months now and the fields I need on the form were not available to us. CSR with AccountingSeed helped me today with these custom fields; he added them as a courtesy and also sent me a video on how he did this. VERY helpful to have in the future.

Pros

My favorite feature is being able to Clone repeat transactions; vendor invoices and journal entries. The Bank Reconciliation is a breeze. Submitting a Ticket for assistance is very convenient. I get an email within a few hours with a solution.

Cons

My least favorite features are the Financial Reports and AccountingSeed-created Forms. The reports we run are very different than what AccountingSeed offers. We've found a way to make it work by exporting to Excel, updating fields, adding/deleting, etc. Another feature is the various forms that AccountingSeed created for us; Purchase Order, Packing List and Billing. When we first started using AccountingSeed we found out they didn't have Sales Orders (order confirmations). We had to purchase another App (Conga) who created the Sales Order form for us. I'm currently working on a new Purchase Order template with Conga. The issue I have with the Billing form is that is says Billing. A lot of our customers comment, asking for the Invoice number. It's just a terminology issue; billing vs invoice. We will be creating our own Invoice template with Conga as well.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Accounting Seed

We've used SalesForce since 2009. We were duplicating information about orders in SalesForce, and then creating the order in our separate accounting system. Now we use AccountingSeed with SalesForce and it deletes a lot of the duplication we were doing before. All the information is in one place; SalesForce, and AccountingSeed pulls from those records.

Reasons for Switching to Accounting Seed

We chose AccountingSeed because it works well/integrates well with SalesForce.

Top Accounting Seed Alternatives

Natalia P.

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

Expect to invest into development

In my opinion, AS orders & inventory would work best for medium-size business, mainly because of the cost of implementation and maintenance. We found that the Software was not easy to use out of the box: lot's of extra steps, intermediate screens, and extra data entry. We had to customize a lot (to auto-populate fields, build workarounds, improve reporting) to get it to work for us. Luckily, we were able to secure a knowledgeable consultant. Once implemented, though, it has been working well. Very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, works seamlessly with Salesforce. We would recommend it for companies who already have a Salesforce Consultant on staff, preferably a developer who's familiar with Accounting.

Pros

Accounting Seed makes it possible to pull comprehensive reports, pulling your CRM, inventory, and accounting data, all in one place, very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, scalable, if you are growing

Cons

Needed extensive customizations to be able to handle large volumes of billing, will use a lot of your salesforce data storage, archiving is possible, but will halt all your running balance type reports like daily bank account balances, etc.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Solid accounting package for Salesforce

We've been happy with Accounting Seed. It has allowed us to store all of our financial data right in Salesforce and track the financial data with our client CRM data.

Pros

Relatively simple to configure and use. We got this up and running in a few short weeks and the majority of the few issues we ran into were simply due to us not referencing the well documented Knowledge Base

Cons

It appears that there is a lack of integrations available. Some of the other Salesforce platform ERP packages we evaluated had a few more third party integrations available allowing extending functionality.

Monica G.

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Collin M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Best Accounting Software for Fast Growing SMB

We have been using Accounting Seed for a bit over a year now and our whole teams loves it!

Pros

Super easy to use and easy to customize to meet your needs

Cons

Not the easiest to transition over to and it lacks good quality consulting partners.

Response from Accounting Seed

Hi, Collin. Thank you for your awesome review of Accounting Seed!

We are thrilled to hear you are finding great value in the software and that it is meeting your needs as a fast growing small business.
We are always looking to improve - you mentioned there were some challenges with the transition. I would love to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] to discuss in more detail or set up a phone call.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our accounting solution! I look forward to connecting. - Shannon

Replied 29/01/2019
Brian R.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Good value, doesn't scale well

Pros

The integration with SF and our TMS is great, its fantastic to have all order information linked to the accounting objects. Reporting is great as well, that is mostly a SF feature.

Cons

The inability to send ACH payments out of the box was a huge piece for us. I was referred to Check21 which was ridiculously expensive. Also cash application takes too long if you have a customer that has x number of invoices. Some of our larger accounts have more than 2000 invoices open at a given time. Paging through screens takes a very long time. Seems like we have outgrown AS's sweet spot of transactions.

In addition daily billing/payable posting takes a long time, (exceeding lines). Bank rec gets split into multiple recs due to 4k item limit.

Brian B.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

A Limited Accounting Software Option

Pros

Because it is small, the CEO often provides customer support. It overlays onto SalesForce (more or less). It was cost-effective compared to other options.

Cons

This is a small company so the software has some pretty significant limitations. It was very difficult for us to adapt to use via SalesForce, and had a lot of accounting quirks that we had to develop workarounds for (not because of issues on our end, but because of flaws in the software). Customer service was slow to respond and was--more often than not--helpful. Much of the software could not be modified or edited by our team to better meet our needs, which made it unwieldy to work with more often than not.

Jennifer R.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

So close yet just not there yet

AS Support Service is perfect, I've never worked with a 3rd party application that has such a good service desk. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great, personable and helps get the problem fixed! Absolute legend! Its this level of care that really helps make this the bee knees.

Pros

Simple, clean and clear. I'm not from a finance background and I find it easy (bar my cons) and logical to use.

Cons

Stock Transfer functionality, it only handles one item at a time. We have multiple locations with a pricebook of 9000+ not realistic and have had to custom develop.
Stock Inventory History, is a manual process rather then automated or a bulk operation, again sought out other developments
Projects/Manufacturing process, overly complicated.

Sundeep M.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 18/03/2018

User-Friendly Cloud based accounting software

Generating reports for financial statement reporting for clients.

Pros

User friendly software that offers solutions for accounting, bank reconciliation, inventory management,

Cons

The price of the software is a bit more expensive than it's peers. Not a major drawback, but you may need to pay the premium pricing for features that your business may need for your reporting needs.

Donna B.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

Accounting Seed Opinions

Pros

Our company has a small amount of employees who all work from home. Accounting Seed is great because it allows all of us to have immediate access to the data and information at all times, and is much more powerful and customizable than QBO. And of course the integration with Salesforce goes without saying -everything is in one place. It is so simple to close an Opportunity, and create a Purchase Order and everything that follows with just a few clicks of some buttons.

Cons

Some features are very complicated and tedious to set-up and implement, like customizing Financial Reports and setting up a Budget for example. The Knowledge Base is helpful to a point, but doesn't seem straight forward at times. Also, the cost per user is too high. We are paying for the convenience of having everything in the cloud rather than the value of the actual product.

Response from Accounting Seed

Hi, Donna. Thank you so much for your review of Accounting Seed. We always appreciate the feedback from our customers. I'm glad to hear you have found value in Accounting Seed and our native connection to Salesforce.

Regarding setting up budgets and customizing reports, these tasks can certainly take time. I'd be happy to connect you with a product consultant if you would like any assistance or direction. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]ngseed.com or 443.825.0646. Happy to help ensure your success with Accounting Seed!

Best,
Shannon Cochran

Replied 26/03/2019
Nichol H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Accounting Seed Review

Honestly a product without good support is no good to me. Anytime something comes up I know I have to figure it out myself or waste time trying to correspond with someone.

Pros

Ease of importing data through the data import wizard

Cons

Customer support is terrible. The guy that was answering my support tickets was not understanding me and would not call on the phone. I never once talked to him through anything but messages in the ticket portal. My ticket was not resolved for over a month.

Response from Accounting Seed

Hi Nichol,

Thank you for your feedback. We have contacted our Support Team regarding your feedback and we understand they have reached out to you in order to further discuss the ticket that you had submitted. We apologize for the inconvenience.

In the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Success team by emailing custom[email protected]

Replied 16/02/2021
Jeff S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 09/08/2021

Heart of the House

It's ok I wish the reporting was best and easier to work with

Pros

It's integration with SF accounts. Software is on the cloud.

Cons

Can't post cash over the invoice amount to an invoice, when the client overpays that invoice. Reports are not good.

Esther N.

Reviewed on 28/04/2018

Rickey F.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

Accounting Software built into SalesForce

We needed a system that integrated with our contacts and programs. We wanted to be able to see what programs a donor had given to along with financial data for those programs. With Accounting Seed working inside SalesForce, all our data, across all departments, is in one place can easily be linked, integrated, displayed, and reported. This allows us to better serve our constituents with accurate data immediately at our fingers via desktop or mobile apps with access anywhere in the world.

Pros

Accounting Seed works splendidly inside SalesForce. You get all the advantages of a product that integrates with all your SalesForce data. No need for imports or exports. Everything is in one place. Employees learn one system and they can work all across the organization. The availability of multi-levels of security allows you to tailor applications to the appropriate person, department, or team. Internal control features and audit trails are securely automated. Backing up your data is simple with just a few clicks. Project managment allow each project to act almost like its own company and integrates well with any other Salesforce data.

Cons

I would like to see more preformatted reports. There are a few in the system but I suspect there could be more that could print directly from the system in a more presentable format. All reports can be exported to Excel. This allows those that know Excel to manipulate the data as only Excel can do. That is nice but requires extra effort to format the data.

Christine A.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Accounting seed a sophisticated software that gives value for money

My experience using Accounting seed software has been magical as I no longer have the worries of manually generating reports, the software does that for me

Pros

Accounting seed is plus for any accountant who seems stressed in generating financial reports. The software does everything for you in generating reports and will always give audit trail incase of errors

Cons

Accounting seed software needs you have basic knowledge of accounting principles,hence may not be user friendly if u lack that.

Ayman I.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Not bad , but I think you can facilitate it more

Pros

On operational perspective is highly effective .

Cons

Functionality from accounting perspective seems poor .

Response from Accounting Seed

Hi, Ayman. Thank you for your review of Accounting Seed. I'm thrilled to hear the operations of our product are proving highly effective for you. I'd love to hear more about your statement regarding the struggles from an accounting perspective. At Accounting Seed, your success is our top priority, and we want to provide you with all the tools and knowledge needed to be successful.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss further. Thank you!

Replied 05/04/2019
Doug R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Bad experience

Pros

We were not able to use the accounting software because we were never fully implemented by their partner.

Cons

service and support wasn't helpful. After the software cancellation due to their partner going out of business, they cancelled our subscription and our salesforce instance ground to a halt. Very hard to get a hold of someone to help out solve the issue. Our SF org was left unusable.

Response from Accounting Seed

In response to this review, Covered by Sage received a full refund for the unused portion of their contract. The partner being referred to did not go out of business - they were bought by a larger firm. Several members of our support team have been in constant contact with Doug and have provided alternate solutions. We offered the company a solution that would have kept their implementation moving forward, but they turned down this option. Additionally, the company's Salesforce instance was not purchased through Accounting Seed. Therefore, their Salesforce instance will remain fully functional, even after their cancellation is complete. Our goal is to keep our customers moving towards success. Unfortunately, this organization turned down the options we provided.

Replied 09/09/2019

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

A great starter accounting program

Pros

I like how clean this software is and how easy it is to use. Very useful to small businesses or new accounting professionals

Cons

This software doesnt have lots of features. If you are willing to spend a little more there are tons of better equipped ones out there.