About Teachable

Teachable is a cloud-based learning management solution used by small and midsize businesses. The solution allows users to create and share online courses by adding audio, video, images, text and PDF files. Students can access...

Browse Teachable Reviews

Marilyn "m.e." P. Marilyn "m.e." P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 25/08/2021

Teachable Moments

Overall Teachable solved a revenue issue for us! We needed a place for people to go and purchase out products and downloadable services without having to start from scratch - which is quite costly - and Teachable allowed us to do that. It help us generate necessary revenue with ease.

Pros

Teachable is very user friendly. I am not a very technically inclined person and this program gave me the ease I needed to set our digital classroom. AT the time we began using the company could not afford more than $100 a month and Teachable was very affordable for out small nonprofit.

Cons

I would say that my least favorite aspect of Teachable is or was the design templates, although they recently upgraded this feature and you can do a few more fancy things to your store and landing page.

• Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes

My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

Pros

I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Cons

Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing Teachable

SchoolKeep was changing its charging platform to a per-student model that didn't have a place in my business.

Reasons for Switching to Teachable

I liked the interface Teachable had (Fedora) vs. Thinkific.
Cushi M. Cushi M.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

A good solution for e-courses, but not the easiest to learn

It definitely does the trick. I set my online course up and created my sales page reasonably quickly considering I'd never used the software, or any e-course software before.

Pros

I love the aesthetics and the User Interface. It's all very clean and feels comfortable. I like the simplicity of the sales page builder as well, although I'd like it more if it were more custmizeable with options like more fonts, and different layouts.

Cons

The flow between webpages is super awkward and it was sometimes hard to find the page I was looking for. Every time I go to do anything, it opens a new tab. The over all user experience just felt unnatural to me.

Squarespace and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to Teachable

The price point for teachable was significantly less than Kajabi and seemed more suitable for my personal needs than Thinkific or Squarespace. I will likely switch to Kajabi in the future because it seems more user friendly and feature rich.

Top Teachable Alternatives

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

Decent and reliable platform but needs feature improvements

Pros

The user interface is intuitive but not that easy to use, pages take time to load.

They keep adding new features regularly, I like the recently added limited period access so I can expire my free courses which is really helpful to make my student take action complete the course on time and upgrade to my higher offers if they desire.

I love that Teachble provides unlimited students and courses/coaching plans even on the basic plan.

Has teachable university to help with setting up the courses and coaching bundles, which is beneficial for beginners setting up their e-learning platform.

If you do not want a lot of designing customization to your landing page using html etc, I have found the page builder via block elements easy to implement.

Cons

The web app crashes a lot when bulk uploading videos.
Cannot upload videos of size greater than 1.5 GB.
Have to pay heavy transction fee of 5% to teachable for each sale on the basic plan.

Zeb S. Zeb S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

HQ Video or Global Customers find another platform

At first it was good overall. Given the first and third issue above I'm moving to another platform ASAP, I hope this review helps inform others before making a choice.

Pros

The payment gateway and ease of setting up courses. It is easy to get started and the onboarding example courses and content was very helpful.

Cons

This is a new con for me. Teachable no longer has unlimited video file size! They used to market unlimited, but that changed to under 4GB if I remember correctly and now they have a hard limit of 2GB. They made this change with NO NOTIFICATION to customers. My customers pay a lot for the content and we deliver 30min+ HD lectures, now we have to leave the platform. If you are thinking "Just use Vimeo to host" that is an extra $600/year to Vimeo to do that.

My second issue is navigating the payment end is complicated when you have customers that forgot to add a coupon (especially for a subscription) or if a customer misses a payment there is very little you can do.

Third, my customer based has grown significantly in EU. Our coaching or live lecture courses aren't required to collect VAT. Teachable collects it anyways and it's up to the customer to get their money back vs not charging them in the first place.

Rune E. Rune E.

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Teachable, a platform for selling your courses

I have used Teachable for years. It is one really simple solution for putting products out there, online, without much time wasted, or headaches. I can totally vouch for it and it is used by many serious players because it works so good.

Pros

I love teachable. It makes it wasy for any user to add a product and sell it online. Compared to a lot of other self hosted solutions, Teachable makes it easy to start with selling right out of the bat. Just add your content, and adjust a few tweaks, add price. And voila, information product for sale, without you needed to know any coding or any website creation knowledge.

Cons

I don't have much to say in the negative about this platform.
It plain and simple works, and has good fees.
Only think I can think of is better design control. If they add that and also some conversion boosters that might be a thing to note, which I thought was missing.

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Fast Start for Online Courses

I advise anyone who would like to sell his or her online courses. It has very user friendly interface.

Pros

It has a free plan and you can test most of significant features of the application

Cons

So important some of features are closed in free plan

Tim M. Tim M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 22/06/2018

Teachable is a forward-thinking Learning Management System with a great team behind it.

This software helps me have a modern and useful course for my users. It takes out the management of affiliates, authentication, and other essential components that would be a pain to build.

Pros

Teachable has so much functionality I expect from my Learning Management System. And the support/team behind it empowers me to provide beautiful courses to my users. Its coupon functionality, homepage design, and course builder are intuitive and powerful. Just recently they have made it possible to give students a certificate for completing the course, which has long been a request of our users.

Cons

I wish there was more API functionality through Teachable. There are useful webhooks, but manipulating data within the platform is limited.

Suzanne S. Suzanne S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

I would like to like it more

The organization and the platform set up are good. The login process is seriously flawed.

Pros

I like that you can track where you are in the course and easily download resources. I like how easy it is to have the lessons structured in a logical manner, and to have different types of resources available to students.

Cons

When I see a course that I want to sign up for that is housed on Teachable, I groan.

I know it is going to take me several minutes to be able to actually start consuming the course, because even though I already have a student account, it is going to ask me to verify my sign-in. This is even though I get my login info correct. No matter what, I always have to verify my login, and either type in a code or click on a link in an email that I have to wait for.

It shouldn't be this hard, and if you are signing in on a previously used device, you should not have to go through the same sequence as you need to if you are using a new-to-Teachable device. At the very least, there should be an option to not have to verify the sign-in for two to four weeks.

Rocky K. Rocky K.

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

Teachable is fantastic if you need to get a course up and running without the technical...

Pros

The two LMS platforms I recommend to entrepreneurs are Teachable/Thinkific. Everything around a online course can be built on Teachable. That way, you can focus on making course content and teaching your students.

Cons

The lack of mobile responsiveness, and embedded content is hit or miss. I had trouble embedding a online form for quiz taking, and the workaround didn't work.

Baidhurya M. Baidhurya M.

Reviewed on 13/09/2017

Donna B. Donna B.

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Good features; Limited support

I'll continue using Teachable, now that I've gone up the learning curve. I wish creating a course were a little more intuitive.

Pros

After watching some tutorials and spending a bit of time, I was able to get the hang of creating online course through Teachable. They have good features like affiliate marketer enabling, adding a coaching service, and a backoffice bookkeeping option. They also offer a 30-day money back guarantee.

Cons

It's difficult to get live support, and the website offers no help in marketing your materials. It's nearly impossible to find your class in a google search.

Anissa C. Anissa C.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Great for basic course creation

I like Teachable for creating simple courses to make money off of. Design wise, they could allow for more page builder features that would allow users to create more beautiful sales pages. Additionally, the e-mail drip notifications are all UTC+0 and that can be very confusing for anyone outside the timezone. Being able to set our own timezone and schedule emails without worrying about time conversion is helpful.

Pros

I like that this is very easy to use and user friendly. I found it quite easy to use when creating courses.

Cons

Even with the Power Editor, the design features for sales pages could be better.

Kim G. Kim G.

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I love it!

I’m very pleased with Teachable, the experience, Teachable U, the FB group, I’m very excited about taking my school to the next level.

Pros

I just love Teachable! It has everything I wanted and has been so easy to use.

Cons

I do not like the new sales page update. That’s probably because I’ve only used it once and am just unfamiliar with it.

Sarah C. Sarah C.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Worth Using this Teaching Platform

Pros

Always adding more features, ongoing improvement, lots of course management options, a field standard

Cons

Some usability is limited, or you need to upgrade to most fully use this online course teaching platform

Barbi G. Barbi G.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Teachable is a great option for creating course content.

I love the features offered when creating course content. They are one step ahead of the competition in creating a wonderful customer experience. They offer plenty of support documentation to help you if you have questions. Easily integrates with Convertkit as well as other third party programs.

Pros

Teachable makes it easy to set up a course in a small amount of time. The sites look professional when creating them, adding to the customer experience. Additional options are available with each plan level. They also now offer secured site certificates on your sites at no additional cost.

Cons

Pricing on higher level packages could be better so more people can access and showcase their content skills in the form of courses.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Intuitive and great value

I was investigating learning platforms and this one had great reviews, reasonable pricing, and really stood out.

Pros

It is easy to use, and a really great value. I like how the certificates of completion are built right into the platform.

Cons

Not much bad I can say about it. The pricing structure is so much better than something like Kajabi (although I believe Kajabi has better marketing features). It's a great platform to get started with.

Andrés W. Andrés W.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 19/09/2020

I didn't know I could be a teacher

I started using Teachable as a test. I thought maybe I could teach the things I know by being a sales executive for more than 15 years. It seems some people trusted me on that and Im know a part time teacher! All thanks to Teachable.

Pros

It's really easy to create courses, tests and to integrate other softwares to the app.
Teachable is really famous in the world of e learning. That helps me get a lot of clients.
I can teach from home!

Cons

You need a lot of time to prepare courses and tests. The learning curve is really big, but it worths it.

Manjot S. Manjot S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

Great software for both students and teachers!

Pros

Easy to use - very simple layout and efficient user interface to navigate website and app.
Can be customised - you can edit curriculums and lectures easily.
Value for money - great for the price.

Cons

None I can think off really, although I did find it was slightly expensive, however, the value you get makes up for it.

• Industry: Sports
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Good as a starter platform

Pros

For someone who just wants to create content and have a place to store it, this. could be for you. It's not costly, you can create courses and store them free (cost is paid upon enrollments). For a starter or simple course platform it gets the job done.

Cons

For one who wants to create professional courses online, build up your budget and use a higher end platform that has more features and gives you more functionality.

Jess B. Jess B.

Reviewed on 13/05/2018

Simple Online Course Option for Non-Techy People

I love that there's a free option and that it's pretty easy to use.

Pros

I really like Teachable. I think it's awesome they have a free option and the paid options have helpful features at a decent price point. I like that it's easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I can't think of is that it's not as customizable as I'd like it to be. Overall though, it does what I need it to.

Valeria S. Valeria S.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Review of an user

I have used this platform to study from several online courses. Extremely easy to use.

Pros

I found this software to be extremely easy to use as a student, I have used it for multiple online courses. The interface is very user-friendly, colorful interface, and quite a simple as well.

Cons

I have found no cons about this software.

Frank J. Frank J.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Teachable schools

Using Teachable, you can create your own school online - not just a single course. This makes it easier to offer a series of courses and programs that build upon each other.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 07/01/2019

Teachable offers a user friendly plug and play option for courses

Pros

Integrations, ease of use, affiliate options.

Cons

Not very many templates available and lack of unique branding for basic plan.

Josh D. Josh D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Great online course solution

Teachable gives us an opportunity to provide an online/hybrid learning format to reach new people through technology.

Pros

Teacheable allows us to create in-house teaching content for our church that aligns with our mission and vision. The format is easy to use and provides an online learning platform that is visually appealing.

Cons

It is somewhat of an expensive option unless you are planning to use it for multiple courses and content.