About Trainual

Trainual is a cloud-based learning management system. The solution serves various industry verticals and allows organizations to automate training and onboarding process. It helps in organizing training modules in a centralized...

Browse Trainual Reviews

Stephanie j. G.

Reviewed on 09/08/2021

Amazing Service

It's been effective in keeping all info gathered in one location and making it easily accessible & easy to train new people.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and stay organized and help others get trained.

Cons

I wish there was a search bar that when a keyword was input, it would show exactly where in the modules that keyword shows up in a list. That would be super helpful in updating old information once it's not relevant rather than having to go through all modules to see where information may be outdated.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

We also use Basecamp, but are hoping to ease out of it eventually.

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Just what our company needed!

Overall, Trainual is something that every company needs, big or small. It's important to have a process where you can train your employees and then test them to see if they understood what they just learned. Trainual helps you do that with ease and helps your whole team get up to speed at the same time.

Pros

Trainual allows you to easily create a way for your employees to learn of a new subject and then they can take a test to get tested on their knowledge of the subject after going through the training materials. For our large company, it allowed us to get our employees certified, so that we felt confident that they knew the new information on the new product we were rolling out.

Cons

There are no cons that I have been able to find.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to help get your team up to speed!

Stephanie G.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Excellent Product to help Organize information and small businesses

It's been a great tool and time saver.

Pros

How it organizes information easily and tracks whether users have gone through material.

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up a billboard with information we can put info into so that we could easily have access without clicks into things that we can see at all times.

Response from Trainual

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback. We'll be sure to pass along your comments about a Bulletin/Billboard feature have you experimented with Forums? That might do the trick! Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Replied 19/11/2020

Top Trainual Alternatives

Mehdi L.

Reviewed on 24/08/2020

Get trained remotely with Trainual

just amazing

Pros

Easy to use even if you are not familiar with it

Cons

how tow create multitabs

SugarCRM and Front

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Way easier than the above, you get what you looking for just with a few clicks

Response from Trainual

Hi Mehdi! Thanks so much for your Trainual review! We're so happy that it's been easy to use, and we hope it's been impactful to your team. Please let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us! We're always here and happy to help.

Raegan V.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Trainual Review

Very good! Aside from the quiz features.

Pros

Some things that I love about Trainual are the features where I can add media like videos and gifs.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas I have that would make Trainual more effective. For example, being able to play the videos right in Trainual without having to click a link and open a new tab. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION! I hate the light gray color for all of the buttons (save, next, etc) I wish it was literally any other color. But if it was customizable that would be even better. Also when creating a test there NEEDS to be an option to select how many questions/possible answers for a given test. Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions! What about definition matching or something else more interactive than multiple choice. And I wish you could turn off the feature where it shows the User what they got wrong. And the “essay” exams are NOT FUNCTIONAL because there is no way for the Administrator to review and approve the submissions. It just says 100% no matter what they write. For the Quiz portion of Trainual I rate it a 2/5. There is so much more development that needs to be happening here. Otherwise it’s a good platform.

Response from Trainual

Hi Raegan! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. A few of your suggestions have recently been updated in our platform, including a new "Dark Mode" feature, and PDF Imbeds which allows you to play videos (and much more!) right on the platform. We truly appreciate your suggestions and are always here if you have additional feedback!

Sean M.

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Priceless Tool for Streamlining and Growth

Extremely positive. The tool flat out works. It's something that you get out what you put in. My recommendation for anyone looking into it is to have a strong plan and a devoted 'Trainual Champion' devoted to the buildout and implantation of the platform.

Pros

Trainual is far and away the best value for any platform we have used. It's hard to determine what's more impactful, the cost savings or the added revenue generated from staying organized and properly training our people. I strongly recommend this tool to anyone wanting to scale their business in a healthy and sustainable way.

Cons

The cons I experience are items the Trainual team is working on developing. Not many negatives to this technology.

Response from Trainual

Hello Sean! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your Trainual experience. We truly appreciate the kind words and are thrilled to hear that our software has been impactful to your business, from savings to training efficiency. We're always here if you have additional feedback or questions!

Shania W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Trainual is great!!

Trainual is overall a wonderful company, there customer service is generally very quick and usually always helpful :)

Pros

It is not hard to learn how to use, it is fun to create training programs. There are many things you can do with this software.

Cons

Some of the embedding features are hard to understand and can be complicated if you are not tech friendly. It can be slightly hard to grasp how the courses can be set up, Such as understanding subject, topic, steps and how they work together.

Response from Trainual

Hi Shania - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We're really happy to hear that you're having fun with it and that you've found it useful. Plus, your awesome words about our company totally made our day! As always, our support team is here to help wherever you need it, so always feel free to reach out if there's anything we can do to make your experience better! Looking forward to continuing to work with you :)

Replied 12/04/2021
Olivia S.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Great Overall, Minor Fixes

Overall I enjoy the software. It is a great tool especially for our company which works mostly online. Getting training to the different employees we have scattered around CA can be difficult, and printing manuals can get costly. Trainual makes it easy, and paperless!

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use, very user friendly. I am easily able to go into Trainual, and see which team members have completed the subjects they were assigned. Being able to send a reminder to those team members who have not completed a subject is key and a great component to the software.

Cons

Where Trainual falls short for me, is that I cannot assign topics/subjects to be completed in a specific order. Rather, the team members are able to jump around and start new topics/subjects without finishing the previous subject.
Having the team members complete them in order would assure that they are learning the information in the correct order (A,B,C,D) rather than (A,D,C,B).

Response from Trainual

Hi Olivia! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual We're really happy to hear that it's been easy to use and it's helped to upgrade your training game! And we appreciate your feedback on assigning Subjects in a specific order. We'll take your feedback to our product team as we're always looking to improve. You can, however, make it so your Topics have to be completed in a specific order. To do that, all you have to do is go to Advanced Settings in your Subject settings, and then toggle the switch that's next to "Force order of Topics and Tests?". Once that's done, your team will have to go through Topics in the order that they are presented. Here's a link that will help you walk through the process: http://help.trainual.com/en/articles/4112578-force-order-of-topics-and-tests

If you have any other feedback or need anything from us, always feel free to reach out. We're excited to continue to work with you!

Replied 25/06/2021
Malyn B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Great must-have tool with room to grow

Overall, I love Trainual's software and who they are as a company. They have a good product. Although it may be missing some things, those are things they are working on. They provide great resources for business owners and managers. I love the videos, webinars, articles, whatever it is that they put out there. It is always GOLD! And not to mention, very relevant.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. They come out continuously with updates that help the ease of use, I think. I like the option of incorporating tests/quizzes. It's easy to add in different media formats as well.

Cons

Trainual has great bones and structure. They are constantly evolving and implementing improvements which I appreciate, however, I do wish for a more complex or more functions in the testing/quizzes and a way to organize topics into Categories or Folders (which I know is something they are working on).

Response from Trainual

Hi Malyn! Thanks for sharing your Trainual experience with us. We appreciate your feedback about adding more complex functions to the test feature, and rest assured it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that you're enjoying the software so far and we truly appreciate your kind words. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional feedback or questions - we'd love to hear from you.

Replied 04/12/2020
Nikki V.

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

Trainual Transformed our Staff

I love it! We will be using it for years!

Pros

Trainual was super easy to set up and get my staff training up to date. It is very intuitive so my staff were able to get started with minimal assistance.

Cons

I have to put in my own information. The templates Trainual has are amazing, I just wish I could click a button and all my manuals were magically entered!

Response from Trainual

Hi Nikki! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We hear you, a magic button for content would be AWESOME. We're glad to know that it's been otherwise beneficial to your training efforts, and we hope you continue to find it impactful to your team! Please let us know if you ever have additional feedback or questions.

Michael D.

Reviewed on 29/09/2019

Does what it needs to.

Overall it is great and has greatly cut down the time to onboard a new employee.

Pros

I like the simplicity of trainual, especially the dashboard and the email reminders that content has been updated. Building lessons is fairly easy as is creating tasks. Getting my entire company to move over the platform was fairly easy, as was setting up the invites and setting individual user levels. Once training lessons are created, they are easy to update and keep current. I like how you can both link and embed video and really, create any type of layout you want. That is nice and I like having the ability to have certain layouts for certain kind of content. Embedding Loom videos has been a super easy process.

Cons

The only con to Trainual is when it comes to editing the overall structure of training. It can be a bit confusing adding new content from the subject area (but once in the lesson it is super easy). I just think the initial contents could be easier to navigate.

Response from Trainual

Glad we helped you cut down onboarding time, Michael! Thanks for your feedback around our subject editor too -- we're working on a big project to make this a lot easier.

Replied 21/02/2020
Stephanie L.

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

Manual Meets the Perfect Training Guide

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! I can't say enough great things about Trainual! I tell everyone I know about this amazing tool!

Pros

We love the usability of this software. Whether you are at a desktop or on the job site, you are always connected to the information you need.

Cons

The ability to sort by department, but you guys are already working on that !! :)

Response from Trainual

Hi Stephanie. Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review We appreciate you taking the time to write it. And we're so excited to hear that you absolutely love Trainual! That made our day reading that. As for the ability to sort by department - you are right! We are working on that Expect some updates real soon. We look forward to continuing to work with you! And if you ever need anything from us, always feel free to reach out.

Replied 25/06/2021
Lackeshia H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

This Has made Training Easy

Pros

The setup, the ease of adding and editing information in the created content is of great importance. Our company is always growing and with growth comes changes. Being able to make these changes quickly is vital.

As a user, I find that navigating from one topic to the other is just like doing an online course, this makes me grasp the information more quickly.

Cons

I have no issues with this. Trainual is the best training software I have ever used.

Response from Trainual

Hi Lackeshia! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're so glad to have you as a member of the Trainual community for over 2 years, and we're thrilled that you're still loving the software. Please reach out if there's anything at all we can help with!

Replied 30/11/2020
Steve M.

Training and Certifying our Sales People

We needed to find a practical and reliable system to deploy our sales processes to all of the sales people quickly and ensure that each is competent and familiar with the sales guidelines and processes established by the sales management team

Pros

How easy it is to use for both the administrators and end users

Cons

The interface could be much more sexy making this even more appealing to the end users

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the positive review, Steve! We're working to make our interface better everyday, but you can submit any requests at trainual.com/ideas. :)

Ian B.
  • Industry: Textiles

Great training platform

Overall their quality of support has been excellent with great webinars to help guild and show new features.

Pros

Initially i thought that trainual was "too simple" in that i was not able to build out huge heirarchys of subject matters, but after talking with them and going through the training it makes a lot more sense now. We are successfully building out a complete training for our operators and enjoy the platforms ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see a bit more functionality in the testing options, specifically the ability to "choose all that apply" type of questions. The publishing and granting access it also not very intuitive as i have found that when i click publish, that doesn't necessarily mean it will show in someone eases library without assigning it to them.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Ian! Select all in multiple choice is definitely on our feature request board - Feel free to add any other suggestions to trainual.com/ideas :)

Virginia R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Consistent Training

Overall it has been great. I can upload with ease and I like that I can add gifs to make the training more fun.

Pros

I like that I can track exactly how the users are doing by checking their test results. It insures me that everyone is getting the same material and learning the same way so all of our legal services are uniform across the board.

Cons

The test making process is very long because of the lag in the system. It would take me an hour just to populate 30 questions and add 4 multiple question optioned per question. I would like for the multiple questions to come with 4 answer choices as a default.

Response from Trainual

Hi Virginia, we greatly appreciate that you took the time to share a review of your Trainual experience! We're glad to hear that it's helped to improve consistency in your training material. We'll be sure to pass along your feedback about tests as well! If you ever have additional feedback or any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Replied 31/08/2020
Daniel P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Very Easy to Use

Overall, I would say that I have had a wonderful experience with trainual!

Pros

I like this software because it's very easy to use. It helped my company build a training program when we'd never really had a linear training system before.

Cons

The program is easy to use and utilize but the navigation of the page could use a bit more work.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

Ariel D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Excellent Service & Our Company Loves It!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how simple it is to create all the sections needed for our CRM and Company training.

Cons

There are somethings I would change like the fact of the publishing and the employee user interface. But I would say everything works well and simple enough to make it very useful.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the feedback, Ariel! We added a new permission that requires an admin to approve content before it is published, so maybe this would help with your publishing issue! If so, email [email protected] and we'll get this added to your account.?

Stephanie C.

Reviewed on 04/09/2020

Great way to train new and current staff!

We are very grateful to have found Trainual. It has made training our employees much easier.

Pros

This platform allows new staff to do most of their new hire trainings on their own time and on a computer, phone, or tablet. We can track their progress and see when everything was completed as well as their test scores. You can make your trainings more interesting and easily highlight the most important take away message. It is very user friendly for administrator and user.

Cons

Very few cons. Any issues have been easily resolved with support staff.

Response from Trainual

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for leaving such a great review of your Trainual experience. We're delighted to hear that it's made your trainings easier and more impactful! We're also glad that our team has been able to quickly resolve any issues that might have popped up. If there is anything at all we can help with moving forward, please let us know!

Marlene W.

Reviewed on 04/09/2020

Property Supervisor

It makes it easy to cross train all of our staff. I love it. We use it weekly.

Pros

This product is easy to use. All of our employees are being cross trained and they are all able to easily use it.

Cons

I don't know of any features that are not working well.

Response from Trainual

Hi Marlene! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We love hearing that your team is using our platform on a regular basis and that it's been beneficial for your training efforts! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional feedback or questions.

Derek H.
  • Industry: Market Research

Exceptional Performance and Easy to Use

We are developing training for employee onboarding, reinforcement of best practices and assigning content for coaching opportunity. This software meets every one of our development needs.

Pros

The pros of the Trainual software are genuinely to numerous to mention in one review. Moving through the Trainual Basics essentially taught me everything I needed to create my first subject. I started with a simple client connection overview and had the entire module complete in less than an hour. This included embedded video, hyperlinks, images, slide shows etc. Ease of use A+, Training A+, Quality of Support A+. This software is amazing.

Cons

Honestly one training completed and I have yet to find something i didn't like.

Response from Trainual

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Derek!

Replied 03/06/2019
Shanna K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Trainual is the future for remote training and learning

Our law office has had great success with trainual and teaching remote employees the ropes of Social Security Disability law with virtually everyone completing the course material successfully.

Pros

I like how easy it is to build our courses and quizzes to customize and personalize our training materials. Adding in pictures, videos, sound clips, etc. makes the training more fun and engages with the user more.

Cons

It has taken me a little longer to get the quiz creating down, but I've enjoyed the learnig process.

Response from Trainual

Hi Shanna! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's so awesome to hear that Trainual has helped to make your company's training more engaging and effective! If you ever need help using any of the features, always feel free to reach out to our team and we'll be glad to help.

Replied 09/04/2021
Daisy F.

Best Training Software We've Used

Running a business can get hard but having our employee training manual uploaded onto Trainual has helped us tremendously and has kept productivity at the upmost high!

Pros

The reports we are able to see on all of our team members and what they've accomplished, with so much detail like exact time and percentage of progress is really helpful to keep track. The ease of creating subjects with different options and designs as well!

Cons

The only thing I'd say is when it comes to uploading videos, you will have to use a separate link or have the user download the video onto their computer/device to see a video in a certain subject.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the feedback, Daisy! We are working on an in-app video tool as well. :)

Lesli L.

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Finally! Organization with Ease

This solved our problem of having policies and procedures stored on different platforms.

Pros

I love that we can upload all kinds of media. Trainual is the perfect solution for onboarding new employees. It is also a great place for us to store resources for our trainers and it's super easy to use.

Cons

Does it integrate with Slack? That would be very helpful.

Response from Trainual

Hi Lesli! Thanks so much for your Trainual review. We don't currently integrate with Slack, but we will pass that along to our Product Team! We hope that our platform continues to be impactful to your team's trainings!

Sarah K.

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Easy to Use for Small Scale Training

Pros

The software is easy to use and highly customizable and the final product looks clean for both the user and the admin.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the tests to be multiple answer multiple choice.

Response from Trainual

Hello Sarah! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. Keep an eye out for updated testing features. :) We're so happy to hear that the platform has been easy to use and we hope it continues to positively impact your team. We're here for you if you have additional feedback or any questions!