About Pluralsight Skills

Pluralsight is a cloud-based learning management system designed to help businesses manage course authoring, employee skill development and IT certification. Key features include synchronous learning, course tracking, learner...

Browse Pluralsight Skills Reviews

Sharique K. Sharique K.

Reviewed on 30/08/2021

Pluralsight Skills - Must have learning solution in the fast paced software development world

An excellent platform for software engineering teams to learn and upskill. Technology changes at a rapid pace and you need something like PluralSight on your side to keep up

Pros

- The library of courses is very vast and very useful
- Content of each course is presented in easy to understand fashion
- It supports multiple devices, you can continue to learn from your phone or tablet
- Certification paths help engineers to ramp up quickly

Cons

- Administration console UI can be streamlined more
- Auto suggestion based on learning can be improved also

Udemy Business

Reasons for Switching to Pluralsight Skills

Better customer support
Shreyas K. Shreyas K.

Reviewed on 25/07/2021

Pluralsight skills

Utilizing the training resources and materials very frequently and strong content

Pros

Organization trainings and skill development
Courses useful in day to day work in different domains
Domain knowledge development
Organization single sign on

Cons

Including more courses for certifications in agile methodology, software development etc will be helpful

Mohamed K. Mohamed K.

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Pluralsight Skills Review

it is an amazing experience

Pros

it is amazing Software and amazing feature in Pluralsight that help us developing our skills and determine our paths in development

Cons

searching inside it need some concertation to know what we need exactly from it

Top Pluralsight Skills Alternatives

Paula M. Paula M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Enhancing Learning Experiences with Pluralsight

As a company, we use the Pluralsight platform to create learning paths for onboarding new employees and continue the learning experience for existing employees. This enables us to identify areas to encourage a learning culture and support employee development.

I appreciate the constant notification of updates to course material and enhancements. It displays the dedication Pluralsight has in providing updated material in a fast past field and in turn helps me to communicate with the users to ensure they are aware of updates beneficial to their needs.

The staff is quick in response time and displays an earnest interest in helping our company focus on where we want to be in with our Learning and Development platform.

Pros

The software provides an easy tool to identify learning paths for our employees and tailor them to the level of the employee's experience. It is well organized, easy to navigate and allows the employee access for continuous learning at their own pace. It also provides them with access to other areas of development outside of their current roles.

We appreciate the analytics that allows us the opportunity to evaluate the progress and effort put forth in the usage of the product. We also appreciate the available tools to identify skill levels.

We appreciate the new content that is continually being added and the visibility as to when the courses were created.

Cons

Using Pluralsight has been a good experience for our company and we haven't encountered any unfavorable aspects when working with the software.

Josh S. Josh S.

Use Pluralsight for All Tech Skill Needs

We have 1300+ technologists with a plethora of skill needs. Pluralsight offers top tier content and interactive exercises delivered by industry-leading instructors.

Pros

Pluralsight has a vast, amazing library of content. Whatever your IT needs are, you'll find high-quality content.

Cons

I'd like Pluralsight to be my silver bullet. I want content on soft skills in the same source to make my life easier.

Sarthak S. Sarthak S.

Food, Cloth, House and Pluralsight - A Basic need

Anyone and everyone wanting to jump or just at the shallow end of the technological ocean must use PS to fast track their knowledge base. I personally developed a completely new integration system, without any business cost, at an enterprise level just with the videos of PS. It is that amazing of a guide.

Pros

The sheer volumes and varied contents of PS is amazing. The ease of use of the web player and the slick offline player.

Cons

Keyboard shortcuts on the player could be better.

Robert O. Robert O.

Great Resource, Quality Teachers and Many Topics

We use Pluralight as a benefit to our employees. The company provides access to this services and it is helping us get certifications and sharpen our skills for the business, professionally and personally.

Pros

I like the search ability and detailed descriptions. Whether I'm curious or need serious information, I can find the title to help me accomplish that goal.

Cons

It is not optimized for Mobile use. For me I struggled to review a course or sometimes start the course while using the mobile app. Some of that may have been signal related, but some additional work to optimize for mobile delivery may be required.

Mark A. Mark A.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Invaluable Tool

Pros

In a constantly changing technology landscape, this is a great tool to keep up. You can get the big picture or go in depth on just about any software technology.

Cons

There is so much content, sometimes it can be hard to narrow down what you're looking for, but Pluralsight has been doing an excellent job to help curate the content.

Graham F. Graham F.

Great Tool for Training

Pros

Ease of navigation and the quality of the courses if great. It is a valuable tool for helping to train staff or letting them grow their knowledge in technical areas of interest.

Cons

More Google management courses or healthcare IT related courses would be appreciated.

James M. James M.

Reach Proficiency Speedily with Pluralsight

Pluralsight has been great. I tend to watch at least a couple videos a week. Sometimes I have to brush up on old skills, learn new skills for my job, or look ahead at skills I may one day put to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get to the topics I need to learn. Most of the time at my job, I have projects and deadlines that I am actively working towards, so being able to learn what I need when I need is a must.

Cons

While it's easy to get at great educational videos, it could be nice in some cases to have additional functionality. For example, when learning a new frontend framework or technique, it could be advantageous to be able to edit code examples from within the site. That may be well beyond the scope of Pluralsight, and perhaps wouldn't make sense due to the breadth of content, but is something that could certainly be beneficial.

Joshua T. Joshua T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Pluralsight is very beneficial

Pros

I like the availability of any and all subjects I may need or be interested in.

Cons

I have no complaints in regards to Pluralsight

Tomas U. Tomas U.

Reviewed on 22/12/2019

Five stars

Pros

Easy to use on different devices and great content

Cons

Nothing really wrong. Maybe one thing that i did not like - i had some courses downloaded for offline listening. However i was not able to launch the app while i was on the plane and there was no network...

Aniket M. Aniket M.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/07/2021

Review for Pluralsight

Overall it's a good platform to learn and enhance your skills. Recommended.

Pros

It has a wide variety of courses and some of the trainers are just amazing, the slides and animations are very easy to understand. It also have skill test with quality questions to test your knowledge.

Cons

The subscription price is on the higher side. Also there is no code editor to practice coding. They could have their own inbuilt code-editor.

Sagar S. Sagar S.

Good Content

I have been using it to learn Scikit-learn for machine learning and I used few tips and tricks in my projects.

Pros

The tutors are really good and you can choose between Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced courses.

Cons

It lacks functionalities like bookmarks in the middle of the video as Udemy has.

Kenneth D. Kenneth D.

Feedback

I really enjoy the interface and the continuous updates to the training.

Pros

Very user friendly and can find some much information that is applicable in the IT world.

Cons

Costs. It is really good but not cost effective.

Nipun S. Nipun S.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Great Content for Beginner's

Good learning experience

Pros

Great Content for beginners, the paths are really good for learning c# or other technologies you are interested in

Cons

Some courses are too long and monotonous, more exercises should be inbuilt into courses

Mary P. Mary P.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Pluralsight review

Great. The instructor is an excellent teacher.

Pros

Well organized to follow the paths/channels that I am interested in.

Cons

Possibly dated material for Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching track which is from 2016. With the pace of technology changes anticipate this is not the latest in Cisco information although the fundamentals will certainly apply.

Sheila A. Sheila A.

Excellent quality courses!

The courses offered allow the user to stay on top of trends in their industry. This subscription is well worth the cost to my company. It is so much easier to take one of your classes than to attend an onsite training program.

Pros

These courses are a cut above the competitors (e.g. Lynda.com, etc.). The variety and depth of courses offered make it easy to determine which courses are right for your career path and interests. Well done!

Cons

Not every course comes with a downloadable outline. Would make it easier on the student.

Maurice C. Maurice C.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Great tool to remain up to date

My self training is gaining in speed and accurancy. Only issue is that i could loose myself training to learn everything. Struggling to remain focused on my field.

Pros

We can planify the skills required for our next trought the IQ role tools

Cons

Have to pay for it. But it worth it!
Took me a year to sepnd the money but i m happy about my decision

Daniel A. Daniel A.
  • Industry: E-Learning

A great team PDP tool for IT Business

Pluralsight has given my team the necessary tools to give their PDP the boost it needed to keep track of progression and development of their technical skills

Pros

Excellent Team Tracking features
IQ tests help give a sense of teams current capabilities and give progression to their learning paths
New Role IQ helps specifically to give a complete path to the specialization of team members
Courses are well developed and created

Cons

Some courses are very old and teaching stuff that is no longer best practices or standards
Courses are only technical maybe some soft skill courses like communication and leadership would give the platform the perfect experience.
For technical courses design is also not very developed making the platform only for software developers

Patrick B. Patrick B.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great Structured Learning

Pros

Pluralsight has courses in just about any tech-related field you could be interested in. You can measure your skill levels against peers in certain areas and get feedback on where knowledge gaps are with corresponding course or module recommendations.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons at the current moment.

Ankit S. Ankit S.

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Great site for complete course learning

If I have to learn any thing new from starting to end then plural sight is my first choice

Pros

It provide us option to learn with our own speed. Course material is always complete and no other source of information is required.

Cons

I can't search for a very specific issue in the course. If I am stuck in doing anything then I have to find that in video.

Emil G. Emil G.

One of the best

Pros

The content quality is astonishing. I have visited other similar sites in the past but they can't compare with the amount of courses and quality of effort put into each one.

Cons

The player controls can be a improved a little bit.

Good tool for learning

Pros

It's easy to use and there are a lot of different paths that can be followed. Most of the videos are very informative and there are paths that can be followed to help improve your skills. My favorite thing about the software is that it offers both hard and soft skill courses, so I can develop both my technical and nontechnical skills

Cons

I wish there was more of the interactive lessons. Especially related to coding, personally I don't think watching videos is as effective as working through problems alongside the video.

Bailey S. Bailey S.

Pluralsight is great!

Pros

The skills IQ test place you where you need to be. Tons of different trainings

Cons

I would like there to be more interactive parts and maybe quizzes