About TheraNest

TheraNest is an HIPAA compliant web-based mental health solution used by solo practitioners, large mental health practices, and nonprofit organizations. The solution is suited for therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and...

Browse TheraNest Reviews

Melissa W. Melissa W.

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

All-in-one platform that's perfect for my small private practice!

My business is very part-time on the side, and I didn't have time or resources for some of the other options that are on the market. TheraNest gave me everything I needed to run my practice easily, efficiently, and professionally.

Pros

It's simple to use and has everything you need to make your small private practice run. The customer support is AMAZING! I've never had a question or concern that wasn't quickly resolved by their great team.

Cons

I would like to see the TeleHealth screen be bigger. This is a work in progress since this is a newly added feature.

Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

TheraNest is the one stop shop that does it all in a super user-friendly fashion. Simple, affordable - exactly what we needed!

Response from TheraNest

Melissa we are so glad to hear that TheraNest is making a difference for your business! We can't wait to see how your business grows!

Replied 23/09/2019
Beth A. Beth A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Don't do it!!

Pros

ease of use in terms of scheduling, billing etc. Clearly did not check out customer service.

Cons

The organization obviously does not have the infrastructure to be able to provide timely or useful customer service. It typically takes several days to a week before you hear back and then will likely have to schedule call for another week later. Customer service completely stinks. Other companies like Practice mate etc will answer phone calls and troubleshoot problems when it work for the customer, not when some technician can set up a call. Twice the time alotted for call hasn't been enough and we've needed to finsih call at another time.

Response from TheraNest

Hi Beth, thank you for your feedback. We do offer different channels of support. While some customers prefer the option to set up a call between their client sessions, we do offer an alternative where you can call in at your convenience (1-800-867-8405; option 2 for support). Scheduled calls are a popular option and can sometimes book out several business days with our Insurance Billing Specialist. But if you have some general questions you are looking for a quick answer to we would recommend giving our 1-800 number a ring.

A member of our Customer Happiness team will reach out to you to see how we can assist you further.

Maria L. Maria L.

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

New Electronic Note Taking and Billing Experience for my Practice

I am solving a time and storage problem through the use of Nest. The more I become comfortable with this software, the more I am able to do with leaving the office and having time for myself. In addition, I no longer pay an outside service for billing and bill almost immediately through the Nest program, understanding the ins and outs of how insurance panels prefer the electronic billing to another means.
In the 6 or so months that I have used nest, I find it a tremendous asset to my business life as a therapist.

Pros

TheraNest continues to revamp and update its software making it more compatible to my needs as a clinician. Once you begin the experience of Nest and take it one step at a time, you realize that you are making progress with virtual notes and storage, billing and even telehealth! At first I was overwhelmed with learning to do everything online (changing from paper and pencil note taking, having an outside billing service to all electronic needs) I have made excellent progress where I am saving both time and money with the Nest Service.
One great aspect of this service is the customer care with live online support and articles to read on areas I may need help. Training is offered on the areas I need the most help and the staff frequently ask how they can make this software product better and more compatible to my needs as a therapist's. A final accolade of Nest is being able to store secure photos of client art work and additional notes and documents. There is a secure client portal too if you choose to use this for intake and other virtual needs.

Cons

As a seasoned professional with little to no electronic note taking experience, my learning curve is not as adept to electronic storage, billing and virtual sessions. So, I find that sometimes the training tapes are too fast and too in-depth for one sitting. Therefore, I need to review them a few times in order to understand what area of Nest to access and what tabs I need to use for processing. Fortunately the support staff are ready to help me in all of my questions.

Response from TheraNest

Maria thank you for this very insightful review! Going from paper notes to electronic notes can seem like a daunting task but there is nothing to fear when you have a team of TheraNesters behind you! We are happy to hear that you've been able to cut cost, streamline your practice and get more time back for the things you love!

Replied 30/08/2019

Top TheraNest Alternatives

Shelby D. Shelby D.

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

A great and affordable EHR

Very positive - it has almost everything SP does, is very user-friendly, has tons of helpful videos, walk-throughs, and articles that help clarify questions I may have regarding using the EHR. It's aesthetically pleasing, too!

Pros

An affordable EHR that does everything you need it to do, and feels more user-friendly than Simple Practice.

Cons

Some things could be improved, such as offering templates for notes, more ways of documenting notes; more flexibility with calendar/scheduling (changing it to a 3-day versus 5-day view, blocking times, etc). I also wish it was easier to create intake forms - the "dynamic forms" page is confusing at first and unfortunately personalizing forms isn't available (e.g., changing fonts, alignment, etc)

TherapyNotes

Reasons for Choosing TheraNest

Cost

SimplePractice

Cost and accessibility
Joseph P. Joseph P.

Reviewed on 07/02/2017

Great EHR for Private Practice

The software is really good for a new private practice. Like any EHR software there is always a learning curve. For practitioners who are already adept with other EHR software this is fairly simple and learning curve is not difficult. At the beginning it may seem difficult but you can test/tinker around with the features without any negative consequences. Suggest you create a test dummy client and play with the features. You can delete the dummy file later.

Customer services has been positive in all my interactions. I did not feel like I got stiffed any money or felt like customer service is a robotic call center in another country. Customer service always was courteous and tried their best to answer questions. If a problem arose, they tried their best to solve it or if it was a issue out of their hand, they were up front & responsible in their responses.

The features are what a private practice needs including a) prog. notes b) ledger & forms for billing c) treatment plans d) built in assessment e) graphs to track cancellations, outstanding ledgers, and payments f) calendar for appointment schedules g) ability to upload documents to client's record and more. As a single software source for a private practice one really doesn't need extra software than TheraNest.

The only flaw I ran into was the claims process. Specific insurance companies and Medicaid require specific boxes on claim to be filled in a specific way. The service location is the challenge on form 1500 which created a small headache. If you use one service location and that is all then it should be no problem. If you have 3 - 4 service locations such as multiple offices and you have to bill each location with a different number then it can be a little challenge. The problem can be remedied at the next level of billing at the clearinghouse which is what I did. In simple terms if you are just a single private practice and have one location then this issue will not arise. This is why TheraNest is great for private practices rather than large corporations.

Cost for Theranest is decent because it charges based on the number of clients. Also if you have between 2 - 5 active clients, the cost is already covered once your claims get paid. At the time I started it was around $ - $ a month. With a single claim of $ - $ paid, the cost is already covered.

Overall, I highly recommend it for a private practice and clinicians who are just getting started in their own practice.

Response from TheraNest

Hey Joseph!
Thanks for taking the time to give us such a detailed review! We're so glad to see that you're liking the software and have been patient with us as we work to improve. Thank you for the feedback regarding locations, we're working on bettering that feature now and hope to have that out to you soon. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Replied 14/02/2017
Chanel C. Chanel C.

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

I have been using Theranest for the past 3 years and I am still being impressed by their...

I aids my practice in running efficiently in all areas.

Pros

The user friendly software, color scheme, and efficiency is what I like most. I recommend it to my clients and I have not gotten one complaint about your EHR. It is great for the administrative staff, clients (Therabook), and the therapist. I love that their staff make me feel like we are one big happy family working together. My questions are answered in a timely manner and they are answered effectively. The same day I might add. Theranest is the best choice for a mental health private practice.

Cons

I honestly do not have a CON. I guess since I have to submit 100 characters as a min. I will say.... I setup many account for different mental health professionals and I have to use a different email every time. That can be a pain, because I do business with my company email.

Response from TheraNest

Hi Chanel! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a glowing review! You're a fantastic customer. You're always friendly, fun, patient and provide excellent feedback that helps us continuously improve in all areas. It's a pleasure when we hear from you. :) We wouldn't be where we are without customers like you. We're delighted and grateful to have you in our TheraNest family. We appreciate you! Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

Replied 20/09/2017
Donna M. Donna M.

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Supportive, convenient, affordable, quality product!

Pros

The client portal and the fact that the intake can be done online! I love custom forms, the appointment reminders, emails, payroll.... I love it all! I especially love the customer service. I'm a loyal customer especially because of the way they are with their customers (texting, emailing and constant improvements). 10 stars!

Cons

Id like payroll to be able to have the option to select the payouts due tab and pay clinicians when claims are paid in full. Copays are attached to this currently and I have to select "copay paid to clinician" even though it's not in order for payouts due to work the way I need it to.

I also need to be able to print out a demographics sheet on a single client to an option.

I'd also like the email to have a time that an email was sent.

Response from TheraNest

Wow Donna! Thanks for the review, we are blushing over here and also thankful for your kind words. We love to hear that our customer happiness team is serving you well. I'll pass along your suggestions to our development team, but as a loyal customer you know you can always write in or use the microphone icon to make suggestions, we're always interested in your feedback as it very much shapes our plan for the future of TheraNest. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Replied 24/05/2017
Mark B. Mark B.

Reviewed on 03/03/2017

Great Product & Pricing But Service Note Functionally Lacking

I second all the glowing reviews but our Group bills Public Payers (Medicare, Tricare, Medicaid) in addition to commercial payers. We loved the user interface and ability to set up locations, accept payments, billing interface, and access /caseloads.

Theranest has THE best pricing of the competitors. Most EHRs want to charge by # of Providers. That works great if every Therapist is Full Time. Theranest charges by tiers of # of active Clients so their pricing is linked to your revenue. GREAT Concept!

However the Progress Note feature does not work for our Payers. The built-in SOAP Note is the only Note that will integrate with the client's treatment plan. Our Payers require that each Note is linked to a Treatment Goal. Also ALL of our Payers require PIE or BIRP format. Our therapist were not able to select/change the CPT/Service code when they completed their Clinical Service Note. The CPT/Svc code selection is made in the Appointment Screen and the therapist would have to go to another screen to change the Service Code. All the Therapist sees is the session elapsed time that they can change , for example, 60 minutes can be for family or Ind. therapy (different CPT codes). Also it puts the burden on the scheduler to choose the correct service vs the Therapist that conducts the session. Also, there was no way to seemingly enter an Add-on CPT code (complexity/crisis) to the primary service.

AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I did the 30 day trail and asked for a 14 day extension they were very accommodating. Wish the Progress Note documentation had met our needs.

Multiple Locations
Accept payments and Billing Integration
Wiley Treatment Planners integration

Cons

Progress Note Functionality
No PIE Note Format
Authorizations Management

Response from TheraNest

Hi Mark! Thanks so much for the review and for your candor, we genuinely appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to improve and we couldn't do it without your feedback. Please be on the lookout for someone from our support team contacting you, we want to talk more about what this could look like. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Replied 13/03/2017
Amy O. Amy O.

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Love Theranest

Overall Theranest keeps me very organized and on top of time sensitive issues like notes, rminders and billing.

Pros

Theranest is easy to use, keeps track of my calendar, sends reminders to clients, makes billing very easy.

Cons

I wish I could customize more reporting and sorting features to help me do the billing of insurance companies that I have to do on other websites.

Therasoft Online and SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

I chose theranest for ease of use and best value for the money.

Response from TheraNest

Amy thank you so much for the lovely review! We are so happy to hear that TheraNest is just the tool your organization needs to keep you on track and organized!

A member of the Support team will reach out to collect more information about your reporting needs. We do have very robust reporting features so we want to make sure we can help point you in the right direction!

Replied 22/05/2019
Nicole M. Nicole M.

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

User Friendly and Efficient

I have enjoyed using theranest because of its ease of use, efficient billing capacity and easy to use and read documentation.

Pros

User friendly, useful features, easy to read software

Cons

Can't "save" the customized client grid on home page. The reconciling payments process seems like it could be more efficient and streamlined rather than multiple steps.

TherapyNotes and SimplePractice

cost, user friendly

Response from TheraNest

Thank you for the review! We are so glad you've found TheraNest to be so useful and user-friendly!

A member of our Customer Happiness team will reach out to you, as there is a way to save the customized client grid. :)

Jane W. Jane W.

Reviewed on 23/12/2017

Theranest makes running my practice so much easier.

Pros

Life is busy, and this streamlines my practice so that info, notes, and billing are all just clicks away. It is so easy to bill insurance companies, and the encryption for credit cards is a dream!

Cons

Now that the format has been updated, it's easier to navigate. Glitches that I experience are probably due to me- lol! The app does not have the all of the options available on the site. I'd love to be able to submit billing through the app. As of now, it does not appear that clients have the option of signing in to do paperwork, schedule, etc. That would be a helpful option.

Response from TheraNest

Hi Jane, thank you for the awesome review. We always want to hear that our customers are loving TheraNest. We¿re so happy to hear that TheraNest has helped you streamline your practice! Thank you for your feedback on the our app, we are currently working to increase the functionalities of our mobile browser/application, so make sure to stay tuned for the future updates. As always, we¿re here anytime you need us if you have any additional questions of feedback. We value you and your business, Jane. Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

Replied 22/01/2018
Greta P. Greta P.

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

If you value customer service, this is the program for you!

All my billing is integrated. My clients love the appointment reminders and that their co-pays are paid with a click of a button after each appointment. My new patients love the patient portal. My notes are much more thorough and audit-proof. All my patients who were with me before the switch have commented that they like theranest better.

Pros

1) The customer service by far! I've never had an issue getting questions answered.
2) I love the customizable forms and the client portal.
3) I enjoy that it works with by previous clearinghouse, office ally. I love that I get help with billing when I need it.
4) I love that I can save credit cards and be paperless with my forms and client signatures.
5) I am enjoying that it syncs to my calendar so I can easily avoid double-booking my personal life and work life.

Cons

1) Invoicing is clumsy. There is no "pay now" button when I email an invoice and no way to set up automatic invoicing.
2) Processing ERAs is also quite awkward, I have to have two windows opened up at the same time to enter the write-offs and payment amounts correctly into one account. My previous software fed the information into the patient account automatically, with one push of a button. I have found ways around both these issues and am holding out hope that they will add this feature!!
3) I am regretting that I picked a software limited by patients rather than staff. I am working to keep my active clients under 50, but that's kind of a pain.

Response from TheraNest

Thank you for the review! We appreciate all your kind words about our program!

TheraNest always takes customer feedback seriously, and we are constantly releasing new features and improving upon our existing ones.

Replied 17/12/2018
Casey S. Casey S.

Reviewed on 25/04/2017

Theranest for Private Practice

I have used several scheduling and billing programs in my private practice and find Theranest to be a top contender. Theranest offers a wide variety of useful tools, such as scheduling, schedule reminders, electronic insurance claims, billing, documentation, and analytics for attendance, billing, and scheduling. I have been using Theranest for a few years now and find it to be relatively glitch-free, and when I encounter an issue or have a question, customer service is extremely helpful and quick to respond.

Pros

Theranest does a great job when it comes to submitting electronic insurance claims, creating superbills and/or invoices, and has plenty of storage for electronic files. Theranest also has an ios application that is user-friendly and helps with scheduling and task management.

Cons

The program is not very user-friendly, unlike SimplePractice which offers a more streamlined and clean look. Theranest needs to work on their calendar feature as it is not user-friendly or very practical.

Joanne B. Joanne B.

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Very Satisfied

Pretty happy. I had Therapynotes before and felt that there were too many bells and whistles. Just want the basics. Some where I can put my notes, my client information, and communication all in one spot.

Pros

I like that my clients can input their information into the client portal through the intake documents.

Cons

I wish that the portal documents were easier to set up. It was very, very confusing at first.

Elizabeth P. Elizabeth P.

Reviewed on 19/07/2020

Intuitive to Use

Positive and happy to have purchased it.

Pros

Ease of use- I've used many EHRs in the past; many are designed by software designers and are simply not intuitive or have bells and whistles that may seem great, but aren't used. Theranest feels like it was designed by therapists for therapists. Easy and intuitive, the most difficult area was billing which took less than a day to figure out. IT is responsive and the community is helpful.

Cons

Very happy with the program software. If there was anything to fix, I'd say the telehealth platform can sometimes be wonky, but I think that's simply the case across most platforms nowadays because of the high volume in video calls due to COVID.

Response from TheraNest

Thank you for the wonderful review Elizabeth!

Kim H. Kim H.

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Theranest as an EMR for Pediatric OT

Our overall experience with Theranest is that it meets a need for a decent price. Nothing great. Nothing horrible.

Pros

The pricing structure and informative reporting are what I like best about Theranest.

Cons

I would appreciate more flexibility with storing logistics information for an entire family using one parent email and tracking of all customized documentation (particularly Pediatric Evaluations, Plans of Care, and treatment session documentation).

Reasons for Choosing TheraNest

Simple Practice was more expensive to add our part-time, after-school therapists.

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

I also looked at MW Therapy, Web PT, and Clinicient. I chose Theranest primarily for its pricing structure and reporting. We still use Google Suite for much of our therapy reporting (Evaluations, Progress Updates, Discharges, etc.) and tracking when updates are due because of Theranest's mental health formatting of that part of the therapeutic documentation.
Christine P. Christine P.

Reviewed on 25/12/2017

TheraNest saves me Time and money and my Clients love the portal as well!

Pros

The ease of daily invoicing as well as the treatment planning and reports are all quite helpful. I access the insurance information daily and the ERA and payment options are time savers and efficient.

Cons

I would like the change the home screen setup layout so that I can customize the appearance and layout.

Response from TheraNest

Hi Christine, thank you so much for the 5 star review. It makes us very happy to know that TheraNest has been able to help you effectively manage your practice! We¿re always trying to make sure our customers have access to the information they need when they want, so we¿ll be sure to pass on your customization suggestion for the dashboard to our development team. Thanks again for the review. If you ever have any additional questions or feedback, we¿re always happy to help. Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

Replied 22/01/2018

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Not great for larger practices

Most everything has already been said. It's been like many up and coming technology companies - not a lot of great customer support; communicating through email is frustrating (because they don't read completely what your issues are, etc.); and lots of kinks to be worked out. I also feel as if their "updates" are focused on completely superficial and peripheral things and not on the core of the software.

Pros

The therapists on staff at my agency love the software. With only a few complaints, they find it easy to use and obviously are happy to not have paper files any longer. We have used this software since July 2018. I also appreciate that TheraNest offers a discount for nonprofits, which our counseling agency is a nonprofit. This helps with my budgeting.

Cons

The billing and reporting of this software is lacking in many ways, from the lack of robust reporting options to very elementary and clunky billing system. I would NEVER recommend this product for a group practice. Literally, we asked them early on - due to their statements being very difficult to read - if they had any accounting professional associated with the development of the software, and the answer was no. I have a CPA who reconciles our books every month and it's been a nightmare trying to reconcile TheraNest. Again, it might be good for a solo practitioner or for someone who is less worried about reconciling finances.

Response from TheraNest

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate hearing about all experiences!

We are happy to hear that your therapists are loving the ease of use and clinical documentation features. Client management is a breeze!

More recently we have made several updates to both our billing and reporting features. If you haven't visited these functions in some time we would highly recommend giving it another try! Reporting is a breeze with the new customizable options on the Daily Billing report! We consulted with accounting professionals and did many customer validation calls and we are getting a lot of positive feedback.

We are surprised to hear that you are having trouble communicating with our Customer Happiness team via email. Sometimes we may need to ask some clarifying questions to ensure we are on the same page so we can point you in the right direction. But we'd be more then happy to work with you over the phone if that is easier for you!

Replied 16/07/2019
Seneca D. Seneca D.

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

Select something else if you have more than one person in your office.

I do not understand where the rave reviews have come from for this software. My only guess is these reviews are from single clinician offices. If you have more than one clinician or a prescriber in your practice I would suggest selecting another software.

Pros

I like that you can send text reminders. It helps with the no show rate in our clinic. They have great customer service - but customer service only goes so far when the software isn't working correctly.

Cons

Form the scheduling to billing this software is riddled with functionality gaps and bugs. As a facility that have therapists and prescribing physicians the scheduling feature doesn't allow you to setup defined appointment times. Basic schedulers should allow you to define the types of appointments in your clinic and assign a time frame to them. This same functionality should extend to the TheraNest portal. Patients can go online and request any appointment time. For example an initial intake in our clinic with the psychiatrist is one hour. A patient can go line and find any available time (they typically find 15 min slots) and submit a request to schedule that time. This results in calling the patient back and finding a time. What's the point of allowing the patient to schedule/request a time if I have to call them back? I should be able to define an initial intake as an hour so my staff can't schedule that type of an appointment for less than an hour AND patients on the portal can't request an appointment for less than an hour. We finally shut the portal off because it was causing more work calling patients back then if they'd initially called and were scheduled from the get go.
If you have any patients with co insurance get ready to spend an ungodly amount of time processing the secondary insurance. While they say they support secondary insurance they do not. You have to manually enter all of the information onto the claim for the secondary insurance.

Response from TheraNest

Thanks for your feedback, Seneca. We were honest about our billing and client portal features from the start. We never mislead customers. We take qualifying customers seriously and encourage everyone to be transparent about their needs so we can help them determine if we'll be able to support those needs. All potential customers have a free 21-day trial period, to test the software in order to make an informed decision. We do as much as possible to support our customers and take all customer requests seriously, but the software is sold as-is, and we make no attempts to represent the software as something it isn't. Though we don't market our software to psychiatrists due to their unique needs, TheraNest seemed to initially be a good fit for you. However, your growth to a group psychiatry practice is something that TheraNest clearly is not meant to accommodate. We continue to improve our billing and client portal features and won't stop until they're flawless. Sincerely, TheraNest Team

Replied 18/08/2016
Mary B. Mary B.

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Great experience with teleconferencing!

Excellent. I've subscribed to Theranest for about 6 years. I've only used it for invoicing, treatment plans, progress notes, etc. I'm new to Telehealth as of the shelter in place order for our city due to the Covid19 crisis. I'm very happy with Theranest as a whole!

Pros

The software is easy to use for both clinician and client. No additional downloads needed. The picture and sound is clear. Even clients who were reluctant to use it, after one experience are willing to continue with Telehealth and report that their experience was "easy to use" and "good." Theranest provides "handouts" to send to clients before the first session to explain how to use it and why we're using it... very easy to understand and helpful guides!

Cons

It uses a lot of battery- particularly as I did back-to-back sessions. During the 4th session in 4 hours, I received a message that the application was using a lot of power and I may want to close the app and start again. It didn't interfere with the session and I will know for the future that I need to close it down and open it again before doing that many sessions in a row. Maybe 3 sessions in 3 hours is the max before needing to shut down and re-open?

Response from TheraNest

Mary we are thrilled that the Telehealth service has been just what you needed during these unprecedented times. Thank you for putting your trust in us to continue to provide the best care for your clients!

Replied 24/07/2020
Kelly S. Kelly S.

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

Custom Software for Therapist and Psychologists

Overall, Theranest is a wonderful system that I would recommend to anyone in private practice.

Pros

Theranest makes it very easy to schedule clients, organize notes, plan therapy sessions, and even organize billing. We chose Theranest due to the strong suite of services. I love that therapy notes that can take 30-40 minutes when writing by hand or in other software take only 10 minutes in Theranest. Additionally, it sends my notes to my supervisors to review.

Cons

The pricing does go up as you acquire more clients and the cost can be prohibitive. We typically archive clients as soon as they stop attending therapy regularly in order to keep this under control

Response from TheraNest

Thank you for sharing your experience, Kelly! We are happy to hear that note taking has become much more efficient. Giving you time back is what we strive for!

Replied 20/11/2019
Peter B. Peter B.

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

Extremely poor customer service, don't recommend

Also, the portal keeps crashing quite regularly (usually when you need it most). Again, their customer team obviously don't care! We are switching to Therapy Notes.

Pros

It is relatively user friendly and easy to use for all of our clinicians in the company. The app on the phone doesn't have that many features.

Cons

Their customer help desk takes two weeks to reply. We have been trying to set up billing through TheraNest since April 2020 - yes, it has been 10 months now and it still doesn't work. If you planning to use it for a small office with a few clients a month you will be fine, but if you plan on using it for billing, ERA's etc forget it. Their team is not helpful at all. All they do is charge money. I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS!

TherapyNotes

Response from PEC Technologies

Hi Peter,
Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having.
Unfortunately we don't have any record of your company as a customer.
Is it possible that you referencing another product? TheraScribe doesn't have a portal and doesn't offer billing with TheraNest.

From Peter:
Good morning. I was writing a review for Theranest not TheraWrite. Did I pick the wrong portal?
Petr Benda

Replied 09/02/2021
Alice B. Alice B.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 20/07/2017

Theranest has been a life saver. It is easy, smooth, and provides all my needs

Ability to use credit card services, provide quick receipts with codes to clients, keep good notes on who has paid, and who owes money, good documentation, and and thorough reports.

Pros

The ease of use, credit card services, and great customer care. I have a dietitian and therapy practice, and via using custom forms, I can run both practices through this software.

Cons

Honestly this is a great product, I can not think of anything that I do not like. I love also that they are constantly improving, and looking add more features

Response from TheraNest

Wow Alice, we can't say enough thanks for bragging on both the software and our team. You are too kind and we're so glad to have you on board as a valued customer. I'll be sure to pass this on to our team, your words will make their day. Please do let us know if there's anything we can do to improve and know that you're feedback is always welcome!
Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Replied 20/07/2017
Katie I. Katie I.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/02/2020

"Free" trial is limited

Pros

All of the services are à la carte so you can pick and choose and only pay for what you need. There is a report options for group practices that allows you to account for payroll. You can pay annually to receive 2 free months.

Cons

The "free" trial is a watered-down version and you are not able to use 100% of the product unless you subscribe, which, when you do, ends the free trial. So, during your trial period, unless you subscribe, you can't kick the tires and get a feel for whether their solution will really work for your practice. When entering information about the organization and providers, and clients and insurance, you have to jump back and forth. The overall flow could be better organized. The mobile app is archaic and only handles scheduling and notes.

Response from TheraNest

Hi Katie, we appreciate your feedback! It is true there are 3 features within our free trial that you won't be able to access (appointment reminders, Wiley, and the ability to submit claims).

However if you'd like to kick the tires you can certainly request a demo of these features with our Sales team. They'd be happy to give you a tour!

Replied 24/07/2020
Tiffany J. Tiffany J.

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

Awesome practice management tool for any size Behavioral Health Practice!

Theranest is the best practice management system ever. I have used two prior practice management systems and none compare to theranest. Theranest provides you with billing that prints statements, reconciles billing and even emails statements to your clients. It also provides you with a nice graph that keeps you up to date on how much money you have outstanding and how much you have collected. The best feature of all are the notes! Love the Wiley notes and treatment plans. It saves me so much time when I am doing patient notes. The Wiley notes is an extra cost but is so worth it. I can do my notes in half the time. It creates goals, objectives, everything you need to capture patient data. You must try this product, I am so glad I did. Once last shout out is that there customer support is awesome! They pop up on my screen asking if I need assistance and send friendly emails. The price is amazing for the service.!

Pros

The many features that it gives the provider. Of course billing is easy and tracking revenue.

Cons

When you first begin using it, it may can be a bit confusing but once you practice you get used to it. Another con is that you can not transfer information from your old software.

Response from TheraNest

Hi Tiffany,
That is HIGH praise and we are so thankful that you have had such an awesome experience. We love to hear that you're enjoying the software and our customer happiness team. We appreciate you. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Replied 01/05/2017