About Compease

Compease is a complete cloud-based salary administration solution used by businesses of all sizes across industries such as retail and manufacturing. The solution allows HR teams to facilitate the analysis, design and execution...

Browse Compease Reviews

Kim B.

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

Functionality of software provides confidence in pay structures

Total compensation is a large driver in employee engagement, so having a good grasp on the largest piece of that puzzle is instrumental in our business. This software helps me to keep moving our pay practices forward so that we remain competitive in our markets.

Pros

The Compease system is easy to use and helps me to be confident in the pay structures we offer to employees. It quickly calculates compa-ratios out by employee, helps us to determine pay structures for hybrid jobs that don't have an apples-to-apples comparison in the industry, and allows us to manage multiple pay structures. We have separate structures for exempt, non-exempt, and executive pay, as well as exempt and non-exempt IT structures that have a similar scoring process with different weights applied. It helps me to analyze the data in multiple ways to make sure that we have sound pay practices at the Credit Union. We also are able to develop our merit matrix and run it against current pay to quickly see what the overall impact will be to budget and compa-ratio if the merit matrix solely is used for increases. Being located in eight states, I also like that I can monitor pay practices in other locations to make sure that we are paying competitively in each market.

Cons

Compease uses a wide variety of data points for determining salary ranges to use, however we do not have direct access to the results of those surveys. It would be nice to see some actual ranges for the positions, if they were to pay higher or lower in the ranges throughout the market.

Pauline R.

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

Very easy product to use. Gives a good indication of current economic salary ranges.

Pros

The up to date salary ranges help us to stay competitive with salaries in our area. Reports we can pull give us current info on where our employees are in the overall ranges of our local area.

Carol G.

Reviewed on 15/07/2017

The system was very easy to learn. Easy to use and to manage.

Pros

Easy to use. Reports can be sorted in a number of ways which is very helpful. Reports can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.

Top Compease Alternatives

Jennifer D.

Reviewed on 24/07/2015

A Compensation Management Solution

First there were spreadsheets, then there was Compease! As a user of Compease I am a big promoter. It is now a true web-based salary admin program that not only houses your salary data, it ensures you are able to manage your salaries by being both competitive in the market and equitable throughout your organization.

As a HR Professional, this system establishes credibility by providing a tool that is essential in playing a huge role in not only the performance management process and tying pay to performance but in the annual budget process when forecasting salaries.

The one wish I had in utilizing the system year after year was that it would be a web-based system, my wish came true! It is now web-based and all is good!!

Liza N.

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

Very easy to navigate between tabs.

Pros

Everything easy to find what I'm looking for based on the named menu bar and tabs. Updates are easily done with real time results.

Cons

There isn't anything that I can think of at the moment to say I like least. Everything usually seems to work fine once I log in.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Liza,
Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts on Compease. So glad you have a 5-star experience with the application.

Replied 06/06/2018
Melisse R.

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Easy to use, lots of capability

Pros

To be able to customize the performance reviews to each position. Assign percentages of how we would like and not just all the same.

Jennifer E.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Overall great software

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and intuitive. It looks nice and flows well. It is a great tool for budgeting as well as setting job ranges.

Cons

My only complaint is that I wish it could do more! For example, if it could more easily link to an HRIS or even their other software, Performance Pro. Then I could use it even more and maybe not have to use other software/programs.

Geraldine C.

Reviewed on 03/03/2016

We have used the Compease program for approximately 15 years and highly recommend it.

One of the most useful features of Compease has been the establishment of salary ranges based on comparable jobs in our industry and in similar industries in our area plus the ability to grade individual jobs in an impartial manner. I am particularly pleased with our transfer to Compease Online. The software is very easy to learn, and I have found the staff to be extremely helpful when I do have a question.

Michael M.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

Great Program!

Historically our organization depended upon numerous market survey's in the establishment of salary scales. Using Compease we have eliminated this practice and feel confident we are compensating within market guidance.

Teresa J.

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

I have been very satisfied with Compease and it's ease of use.

Compease does the market study for us and I feel confident with the information that is provided. I am happy with the ease of use.

Mio S.

Reviewed on 03/03/2016

Excellent product when you have employees in different market areas.

Very user friendly. Was the perfect solution for managing employees in two different market areas. (Florida and Puerto Rico)

Lori C.

Reviewed on 21/01/2016

Excellent Product!

Very happy with this compensation software. Very easy to use and robust

Kristen S.

Reviewed on 22/01/2016

Very easy to learn and use!

Great product and even better customer service!!

Jennifer M.

Reviewed on 14/09/2015

Love the software. Very easy to use and keeps up with the market salaries.

Would definitely recommend this software.

Emily J.

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

A Great and Excellent Solution for Compensation

It is allowing users to model out multiple possibilities of merit automatically on the basis of compa-ratio, performance and range penetration. It helps in demonstrating the financial impact on a budget without giving any impact on existing structures of pay. Its dashboard helps in the communication system of overview, merit allocation, the performance of company and job classification. Its reporting capability helps in providing information that is required in making decisions. It is providing easy navigation and amazing customer support.

Pros

It is a cloud-based solution for salary administration which is being used by all sizes of businesses such as manufacturing and retailing industries. This solution is allowing HR teams in facilitating the execution, analysis and designs regarding strategies of salary administration by balancing the external competitiveness of the market and internal equity form data of salary. It helps in evaluating positions by using multiple factors. It helps in assigning grades within a structure of salary.

Cons

It should provide more control and options for reporting feature for more satisfactory results. It should provide features for directly assessing the results of surveys. It should be more robust for the analysis of data. Its slider bar will not work properly while assessing positions.

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

We utilize Compease for our compensation plan.

I am looking forward to using it this year for our annual reviews. It is going to allow me to play with percentages and allow my managers the ability to utilize it also.

Pros

Compease really helps place employees in the correct salary range and it gives us fresh comp survey info so we know if we are paying our employees correctly.

Cons

The only problem with the software that I have had is transferring the compratio info to excel. I have had to call them to assist me with this because it wouldn't work for me.

Jennie N.

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

I am a Human Resource professional in the financial industry.

Pros

Compease makes salary administration a lot easier and provides information for sounds and fair pay practices based on our company asset size, industry, and geographic location.

Cons

I wish the software had the ability to see a total compensation picture, including benefits. I would like to see benefit costs incorporated to give us a true reflection of how much employees are being "paid".

Karen P.

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

great overall experience from the set up to daily use

Pros

The onsite help in getting the software up and running and the yearly updates on the salaries in our market and industry. The customer support is awesome as well. If ever a question it is very easy to get an answer.

Linda H.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Compease provides all of the information I need to manage the compensation function.

Total Compensation Management System for my company.

Pros

Easy to use and provides quality customer support. Compease also accepts client suggestions for improvements and incorporates them into the process.

Cons

I would like to see more pro forma job descriptions because occasionally I have a new position that does not fit into the ones offered.

Charlene D.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

Database is user friendly and serves our purposes sufficiently

Compensation benchmarking comparisons

Pros

Intuitive reporting functionality, easy to update, and very satisfied with the customer service provided.

Cons

Not really a Con but we would like it to interface with the Performance Pro system we use soon to prevent redundancy.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi Charlene,
Thanks for the feedback about Compease and so glad you are happy with it! We always appreciate it when people take time to share their thoughts.

Also, I have some great news for you. Compease does integrate with Performance Pro! Are you willing to reach out to me and I'll tell you how we can get that set up for you?

Replied 11/06/2018
Jessica Z.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

CompEase meets my needs for compensation calculation

Fairly simple to use and gives good output including letting me play with scenarios on increases. Top notch customer service for CompEase and their Performance Pro review systems.

Liza N.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

User friendly

Pros

Self explanatory, easy navigation to the different tabs. Captures all the necessary job descriptions.

Barbara B.

Reviewed on 09/06/2016

Very user friendly. Good reporting capabilities and great customer service.

They listened to feedback and have made great improvements in the past year with reporting and exporting data.

Jessie R.

Reviewed on 13/05/2016

Have used Compease for many years. Great product.

Compease is easy to use and provides us a good source of compensation information to use as a guide in our credit union.

James Q.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016

User friendly, many features, fantastic support.

Product support is just great. Benchmark jobs and salary survey information is first rate.