About Nifty

Nifty is a new-wave project management tool that reduces project development cycles and improves team productivity by combining all of the important features of project management into one software. The end result is milestone-dri...

Browse Nifty Reviews

Viktor N.

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Intuitive, feature-packed project management app!

Nifty is already helping improve productivity since switching from the previous, slower app. As we're working on pivoting our business, it's nice being able to track everything and know what we need to work on now. Plus, support is helpful when I need them without long delays.

Pros

Nifty has a very intuitive UI/UX, so it was easy to jump in and start using it right away. Only a few things required me to look it up in documentation or contact support. And support is fast and helpful.

It also has almost everything one needs to manage projects, with more stuff on the roadmap for this year.

Compared to the previous project management app, Nifty is fast. So it's a lot easier to manage everything without waiting seconds for the data to load. I hated waiting on task info to load previously, and now with a click, it opens the panel and data is already there.

I also like how the task panel is organized, with an easy way to add custom fields as needed. I can easily add files (including Google Docs) to tasks, add comments, and change all other info on the fly. One, somewhat hidden, feature I like is markdown parsing in task descriptions and comments.

Cons

My biggest con is that Nifty isn't accessible as of this writing. You can't tab navigate and the color contrast in the light and dark themes is low, doesn't meet WCAG AA standard. So people with certain disabilities won't be able to use Nifty. I've already told support about this, so hopefully, they'll improve/fix this.

Other cons are temporary since they are on the roadmap - API, annual recurring tasks, integration with GitLab, CSV import. Should be all implemented by end of 2020.

Asana, Teamwork, Trello and Jira

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Plutio is a nice app, but it's a business management app with project management functionality. They're adding a lot of features we don't need while project management isn't prioritized. So we decided to go with a dedicated project management app to get features missing in Plutio as of this writing: milestones, dependencies, native mobile apps, ability to group projects (Nifty calls it portfolios), and overall more stable experience. Plutio can be buggy with each update, more like a stable beta version. Nifty is also a lot faster than Plutio.

Plutio

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

We've used these over the last few years. Nifty was the right price and the right feature set that we needed. It's easy to use and support is fast and friendly.
Diego D.

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

Amazing project management software

I simply love Nifty. It is my day to day management tool and makes my life so much easier. I would say is something in between Trello and Asana. It is more much more advanced than Trello but keeping it's simplicity and has pretty much the same features than Asana but with a better UX.

Pros

You can change views to see your tasks in a Kaban view, task list, milestones, Gannt project view, etc. But the best thing is that you can have a calendar view with all the tasks of the day/week/month. It has a really good UX and a mobile app to manage everything from your phone.

It allows you to see either the teams workload or only your workload which can be especially useful for project managers.

It also has many collaborative speaces. You can have conversations either at a task level or at the project level. You can share there links, files, resources... and it also has a specific workspace to share files and have all the project files that you need in one space.

Cons

Overall it has a great UX but there's a few things that could be improved. The calendar view is still a bit basic. I miss having tasks in different colors to prioritise and time-block properly.

However, the product has a roadmap and is constantly impoving so I'm sure this is something we will see soon.

ClickUp, Asana, Notion and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

More features and better price

Simplicity, UX, features and price
Yann I.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 14/05/2021

A solid project management tool with a lot of room for team communication

Pros

I originally had known about Nifty before I finally purchased access to through an AppSumo deal months ago.

The one thing that has really impressed me is that it's a combination of two tools: a platform for project management and one for team communication.

Before signing up for Nifty, I had used quite many different project management tools and none and this unique mix. Sure, in other platforms you can communicate through comments in a task but sometimes you need more room to communicate with other members of your team, both in group and one on one.

Nifty does that: one the one side it lets you manage your projects, on the other it facilitates team communication.

This is huge because it turns Nifty into a sort of online hub for many aspects of your business.

Cons

While it's true that Nifty can replace several tools one may be using, it's a bit more of a pricey option compared to other project management tools (which may even come with a free tier).

Sure, the tool comes with a 14-day free trial but I think that, in order to really see its full potential, a user might need to use Nifty for more than just a couple of weeks before being "sold" on waiting to spend almost $40/month for its lowest pricing level.

It goes without saying that this is a company decision but I think that it's something that might potentially drive away users who would end up liking Nifty but just don't give it a chance.

Top Nifty Alternatives

Akhil K.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Perfect for Project Management, Team and Client Collaboration

I have used many project management tools like Asana, Zoho Projects, and Trello. But, Nifty is the best I ever used. Now I can easily collaborate with my team, organize projects, collaborate with my clients. Highly recommended!

Pros

Finding an all in one project management tool is a really hard thing. As an agency owner, I can say that this is best project management platform you can get it with this price. I found many unique features that are missing in popular project management tools. For example, the overview page that shows task breakdowns, direct messaging, pre-created project templates, and more! Most importantly, I really love the beautiful UI. The dark mode is really helpful for me!

Cons

Some of the features need to be improved, especially the guest features. Adding features like owner or admin can communicate with guests directly via messaging, customizing guest's permissions in projects, etc.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Because of the feature availability, faster customer support!

Features, and the UI/UX!
Sherayn W.

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Nifty is great programming for administering portfolios, delineations, and messages.

I have used Nifty for business reasons and I imagined that it was valuable since it gives various workplaces under one spot. It is the best application to wander the board. It gives information about the undertaking and it helps with keeping an eye out for adventure improvement. It is maybe the best application for business reasons.

Pros

A prestigious application that is used wherever all through the world, it is my preferred programming like this application has incredible quality. It is significant for email promoting similarly as accommodating for a live talk where we can show up at each other viably and collaborate to complete endeavor at one phase. An astute part, the best bit of the application is the colossal number of a blend. Shrewd contains dashboard, this component is the current rundown. We can similarly say the dashboard is information the official gadget. It contains accomplishment following and it is a strong section in the endeavor the board since accomplishment shows the keys, and guide progress ahead. It gives a significant hold for a monetary master without made plans to trade, and the proportion of peril is close to nothing.

Cons

Nifty has some degree more noteworthy cost than trading the fundamental stock. Time decay is another drawback of cunning. On occasion budgetary expert needs to confront unlimited test since they don't have some other strategy to reduce the danger.

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Useful project management that combines all of our most important tools

Pros

We used a number of rather simple tools like trello and a messenging application. None of them had all the things we wanted and if they did they had MUCH MUCH more than we would want and charged MUCH MUCH more. Nifty has had all the features we were using other services for. Tasks, project milestones, discussion, guest users, channels, integrations to tools we use - particularly git repos have all meet our needs. If you use a free version of trello for project management and are looking for something better without adding way more than you need this is a perfect fit.

A super easy import from trello. Took 30 seconds

Cons

It is a little less developed than other tools out there - still growing. Updates and improvements are made quickly and the nifty team and support are great at listening to feedback.

You may want something like zapier to integrate other items.

Slack, Basecamp, Asana, Trello and monday.com

Raven W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

Slick Product for Client Management

I manage all of my teams and clients in Nifty. I love how they are constantly adding new features and integrations. This company is demonstrably passionate about continuous improvement, and I love it!

Pros

I love the abilities to organize by portfolios, add clients, track time, chat with my employees, create custom fields, basically everything.

Cons

*Sometimes* it can be a little glitchy, I'm guessing because they're always adding improvements and updates. But this isn't all that bad at all.

Slack and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

An employee suggested it.
Gerry D.

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Client collaboration has never been easier

Pros

Finally! With Nifty, our clients and team can collaborate in one work space. Now our processes are fully aligned with our to-dos, and we're finally making a step forward from messy email communication. It was really relieving for us that our clients actually love to use the tool and don't have a problem using it.

Nifty is helping us understand what actually needs to be done and when. We're moving forward faster and with more clarity. One of the best features (and the place we get the majority of our work done) is the Nifty Project Discussions where we can communicate, share ideas and turn discussions into actionable projects.

Cons

Haven't noticed any so far. We're very happy with Nifty.

Jeffery K.

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Collaborative and beyond!

Pros

Nifty enabled me to work in one workspace and has really helped my team be organized and accomplish its milestones.

Cons

The chats on web, mobile and other means are not always so in sync.

• Industry: International Affairs

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Finally! The project management platform we've been looking for...

Feel like we've tried every project management platform the cloud has on offer - some have proven too complex and cumbersome (expensive bells and whistles we just don't need) or too simplistic for our requirements (we piece together 3-4 different platforms and zaps galore, so fragmented and inefficient).

When we discovered Nifty we were overjoyed and it's been a seamless transition. The platform is robust, very intuitive and a pleasure to spend time in. The support team are excellent - very quick to respond, thorough in their answers and genuinely interested in having a dialogue with their customers.

Pros

+ Strikes the perfect balance between big-picture planning (roadmap is fantastic) and the daily grind (tasks, files and collaboration).
+ Functionality without the bloat. Can take you from startup to scale.
+ Beautiful interface, very intuitive.
+ Excellent price-point! Worth every dollar.

Cons

No cons. A couple of very minor tweaks would be welcome, but nothing that would stop us using the platform. Plus anything we've queried is already on Nifty's short-term roadmap.

Jose luis B.

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Great Project Managment Software

It's a very good option to manage projects for a small businesses

Pros

the Design and organizations it's very good. I have been a lot easier for my team to organize and collaborate in the projects since we are using Nifty

Cons

There are not overdue or productivity reports, this is very important for me but they said its coming soon

Asana and monday.com

The price and the Ltd
Adam P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

My go to PM tool of choice

Pros

Really user friendly, nicely laid out and super easy to invite guests/clients into the project so that we're all crystal clear on progress and working on a single central place which improves my life and senior stakeholders too!

Cons

Teething problems from first use, and starting to input milestones etc without the ability to move easily into another (the right!) workstream. But the support have been really helpful at every step.

Lukasz K.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

By far my favorite project management tool

Overall, I had a great experience.

Pros

It is very easy to use, customize, and begin to incorporate into your business. Tasks page has a nice option where you can filter them by many different attributes. It is nice that project features can be disabled if not needed (milestones, discussions, etc.). I like the integration with Zoom. And also really love the UI/UX.

Cons

I would like it to have CNAME support / custom domain.

Giulio D.

Reviewed on 23/08/2020

A tool that i really love

Nifty helps me to always on track and organized. I really like also the client view of milestone e tasks that help me to keep customers on track.

Pros

I really love the swimlane view and the milestone. The layout is really great.

Cons

Improve the file sharing with clients and board view.

Joseph K.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

All in one project management tool

Superb tool, very generous on storage 100GB. Unlimited is the key and it makes it so easy to use the tool with little worry.

Pros

This tool has almost every component needed in a PM software. For starters the unlimited guest and clients feature has been my most useful, also unlimited projects makes it even more exciting since you are not tied to a number. I can add as many tasks and milestones as i like and even more i am able to add recurring tasks that align to my milestones. Team chats makes it easier to stick to one communication channel and avoid opening 100s of email threads whenever we are discussing a project. Ability to add docs and files right in the project space is super useful. Finally, i can set my budget and this works as a reminder of how much i charged a client.

Cons

Sometimes when i use a pre-saved template completing the milestones is somehow impossible, navigating and ustilising all the features needs a bit of learning and it needs time to become really good at using the tool.
CNAME has long been delayed its still on their road map for a long time.

Ayana R.

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

Awesome Customer Support and Ease of Use

I was impressed that the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] send me a personal email asking me how I liked Nifty-PM. That is almost unheard of. That will always stand out that Nifty-PM cares about it's customers and they are not just income on their P & L.

Pros

Customer Support and that I can have everything my team needs in one place. We have our brand materials, projects, affiliate launch details and so much more. I like that it sends me reminders when I have a task due.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but like anything that is powerful the time invested is worth investing.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Their funtionality and their price was better.
Alex M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Best app for your buck

Myself and the team love it. We are using it for project development, marketing and content. We love the app.

Pros

I compared project management for months. I have tried the really expensive ones and the free ones. Nifty compares to the high end project management tools since it has much more than what you could expect for the price range. The user interface it’s what it attracts me the most since I was about to sign up with Monday before I saw Nifty. I totally recommend Nifty.

Cons

The user interface is great, however, I would like the interface to occupy more screen room when it comes working on the specific folder ( project ) I choose. Minor details.

Joon k L.

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

Quick and easy project management and team collaboration tool!

Pros

I love the ease of use and simplicity. It's easy to set up, it's easy to use, and it's easy to work with. I love that you can access Google Docs and Sheets from within the platform itself. The team chat has replaced Slack for me, saving me some monthly expenses (It can't replace Slack completely if you're using Slack for notifications, which I am).

Cons

I've run into some minor bugs and issues but I'm hoping the team will fix things up soon.

Aviva K.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Mac of Project Management!

Pros

The User experience and design was spectacular! It enabled my entire team to begin using and understanding the tool instantly.

Cons

Would like to see more integrations, looks like there will wait them out because nothing better on market as of now.

Daniel B.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 12/09/2020

i just replaced a ton of apps with nifty

Pros

many features packed in a very beautiful UX/UI
i'm doing everything between time tracking, milestones, reporting at the moment, and i know i'm only using a tiny bit of what it can do for me.
loving it.

Cons

it's still a new product, so there are some hickups, but the support is fast and the rate of development is really fast.

Bella W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Aptly named - Nifty is the next big thing in product management

Nifty takes care of every aspect of project management. I definitely recommend this software to any business.

Pros

Super easy to set up, and a huge help with project deadlines and team communication. The roadmap feature is the perfect way to reflect on your work as well.

Cons

There are no huge cons, but it would be great if there was a better way to use the app on mobile.

Dave C.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Great for both big and small businesses

As a former corporate executive and as a current small agency owner, I can see how Nifty will work for teams of any size and improve project success as it provides strong organizational oversight for employees as well as clients

Pros

Its a feature-rich tool with enough flexibility to cover many use cases while having an extremely low learning curve - allows me to replace and stop using a few other tools

Cons

Would like to see a few more integrations, but product updates happen rapidly and are well communicated, so its likely only a matter of time

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Great All in One Solution

Pros

It's really helpful that everything is in the same place, and I don't have to switch between 4 different things to get the same level of functionality.

Cons

There isn't a migration tool from Jira, yet.

Mheljon P.

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Congratulations! You Found The Best PM Software Available!

I had the pleasure of talking with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Not only is the software itself extremely value-based, but the customer support that is included also goes beyond expectations. I am happy to support his company, and recommend you do the same!

Pros

Luckily, my team and I were able to find Nifty right before we committed to a competitor which would have increased our overhead substantially. Compared to the 3,000 Dollar Annual Fee + the 7,000 Dollar overhead, it was really a tough pill for us to swallow. Before we bit the bullet, Nifty found it's way to me and let me tell you as a Project Manager and Operations Officer, Nifty lives up to its name. I could go on about the features, but the best part of the software is its multitude of integrations. Softwares like Trello, Basecamp, and Zoom are already integrated. This isn't a PM software your team will just refer to once a day, it's a platform from which your team can not only communicate, but work together and collaborate to complete projects, tasks, and goals.

Cons

The only problem with project management is getting a team to utilize new PM Software. Luckily, the support team is there to make sure your company's transition is as smooth as possible.

Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Pricing. Nifty even offered a lifetime deal which is beyond a good deal.

Wrike

Pricing
James L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 06/06/2020

Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps

Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

Pros

These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far:

* High level of control with project management but simple interface
* Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars
* Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators
* Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams
* Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

Cons

Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Trello was the initial trail blazer but then they lagged behind in features and UX. Nifty combines most/all essential project management tools in one place.