About CallHippo

CallHippo is a cloud-based call center solution that helps mid to large size businesses with workflow automation and virtual telephony. The platform enables users to give detailed analysis to customers through call recordings....

Browse CallHippo Reviews

Mathan rae C.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

The telephony for MSMSEs

Overall, we are happy with callhippo and look forward to grow our business having them as our telephony partner.

Pros

CallHippo has been a great help for us. It has allowed us to be contacted by and make contact to our client's customers without breaking the bank. The interface is intuitive and practical and very easy to learn and administer. Their technical support was also very prompt and timely in their response and resolution.

Cons

All the features they offer are useful to us for our business needs right now. I do not know anything else we would need from them.

Five9

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

They were just too expensive for a small business especially for multiple agents who are not on 24/7.

Five9

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

Callhippo offered a better value when it came to the price point.
Brent C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Great

Pros

I would like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for helping me during the set up phase.

Both very helpful people.

Cons

Nothing yet. It's too early to say what the cons are.

Twilio

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

Because Twilio are making it too hard to set up a new number for my clients.

Twilio
Poonam H.

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Amazing customer support and call quality!

Overall a nice experience! like the features, clarity on dashboard(after your customer services helped me understand it better) and of course value for money!

Pros

That we always someone to reach out to, in case of a query! need to follow those long procedures to get to the customer service dept. Someone new like me, might have questions and queries in the initial phase! And I highly appreciate CallHippo customer service!

Cons

I would say you should come up with options where one can sign up, without having a GSuit account or with email IDs like Gmail.com, yahoo.com! As I believe an entrepreneur, or a freelancer, might not have access or availability of official email Id! Hence they are left with no choice than not to use your service!!

Top CallHippo Alternatives

Adrian M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

Help from Customer Support

It has been very beneficial for our agents as calls are recorded we can check our customer support team, also Sales team. The customer support has been always helpful, guys like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are really patient and explain things easy for us to understand.

Pros

It is really easy to use, I have agent in different countries and it is really easy to purchase a number, get them invited and then just take a few minutes until they can start calling.

Cons

Sometimes the Phone app it is a bit Laggy, usually when I have a SMS that I havent responded, I write everything and then press send and nothing happens, I have to close the app, then open the message again, write everything and press send.

Carlos A.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

Great for my team!

I've had a great experience. The software is very easy to use and it covers all the basics functionality.

Pros

Being able to have different departments online at the same time. Also, the pricing is really good for what you get.

Cons

I just hope that internal transfers was part of the regular plan, seems something so basic for the service.

Google Voice

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

Price
Matthew H.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 24/08/2020

Does everything I need

Overall it has been very positive. Call quality is fantastic, easy to setup and make changes as required. It does offer a lot of featers in the silver plan that would be additional addons with other companies which makes it a great choice.

Pros

I like how easy it is to setup. Hassle free activation, simple to add additional lines, employees etc. Has all the features anyone could want.

Cons

It is now a little expensive for me after covid the AUD dropped so conversions now make it more expensive than local companies unfortunately.

Sven S.

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

They are getting better and better

Pros

Callhippo is an easy to use and very competitive phone service which was an important aspect for me as a start-up with a low cost approach. Lately they have greatly improved the mobile iOS apps. They are now fully up to date in terms of usability, user friendliness.
Support is responsive. Two times I had texting issues that were resolved.

Cons

None ———————————————————————————————————-

Frank G.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 30/08/2020

Do Not Use CallHippo, They Will Not Followup Properly

My experience with CallHippo was terrible. I wish I never used this company in the first place. I requested to cancel before the monthly charge and I was still charged.

I do not feel confident in their communication because I feel that their team members have no idea what is going on.

At times, I feel bad for the impatient responses that I have left CallHippo because I have had to wait for a full week to get back to them. I appreciate the help that their manager gives and while I was paying for CallHippo, I felt that their manager was trying the best they could to deliver the message across the team.

However, my last statement still stands, they have poor communication with their team members and it leads me to believe that nothing is being done about the support that I'm going after.

One example is the time I was trying to port my number into CallHippo. It took me about 2-3 weeks to port the number and there was a constant miscommunication with what they had for instructions. I told them I wanted to 'port out' a number into CallHippo and somehow the message didn't come across well enough. Even with the instructions they had to execute this action.

And now, I'm waiting on $90 dollars refund from CallHippo because I cancelled their service. They also removed the phone number for which I had for direct mail (Every Door Direct Mail) and now I can't recover the number anymore.

Pros

Affordable to use. Easy UI. Their follow up needs much work though.

Cons

Do not use CallHippo because their communication skills do not make me feel comfortable with the service that I am getting.

Steer clear from the service at all costs. I attempted to change my credit card information because I didn't hear from them for a week and a half on cancelling the service.

Please review this screenshot to understand what I am saying here -> [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Michael K.

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

never had a problem

Tech support answers either live or within minutes. The entire staff is easy to work with.

Pros

being using the telephony software for a few years and I have never had a problem. It always works.

Cons

wish it had an easier integration with ZOHO. However, when you configure it with ZOHO it works great and never breaks.

David M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

Cautiously Optimistic

Cautiously Optimistic!

Pros

After an initial poor experience with one of the support staff the
manager stepped in. Kudos to following through on numerous awkward
first starts. Despite one after another issues that came up they
finally persevered and I have a functional product to try out for the
next year. We will see how the relationship goes after I've had some
time to use.

Cons

Some of the functionality is clear other parts are not so. The company
could do themselves a favor by clearly documenting the capabilities AND
LIMITATIONS so that the prospective customer knows what they are. The
company could also do themselves a favor by reviewing their website and
removing obvious typographical, grammatical and outright silliness from
their website (i.e, there is no Boston County in California). The lack
of paying attention to detail in the web pages was evident in similar
problems that occurred getting the software to work. I feel like I was
the first customer that ever used the product from South Africa.

Response from CallHippo

Hi David, we are happy that you are staying with us. Now that you understand that South Africa local number requires local address proof to activate. There are certain guidelines set by the carriers with respect to virtual phone numbers activation and we have to abide by those to avoid any abuse. We don¿t need any personal information nor, we bill our customers for unused services. We are a legitimately registered US company. We would appreciate if you can re-evaluate the feedback.

Replied 07/12/2018
Johan L.

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Great support!

Love it!

Pros

Integration was very easy with the help of the great support team.

Cons

Sometimes the Dialer takes time to open in a new tab - maybe that can be improved upon.

Karin R.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 27/02/2021

Great service, fast delivery;-)

Today [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me out in an excellent way!

Pros

What i like most is the support team! Always available and always helped me out. Not that i've had many issues using Callhipo. In a year's time only two or three times.

Cons

Can't think of anything. It suits me well for the purpose i have it, making calls from the US to the Netherlands affordable.

Omkar K.
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Great Support

Pros

User friendly interface, calling features and quick support. Mr. Chandrak is very proactive to provide support and help.

Cons

There should be software or plugin for dialer

Ethan H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Callhippo does what I want it to.

Overall good experience. No problems so far. I can't speak to the customer service, because we haven't needed to call customer service! Good problem to have.

Pros

For our company, we need a product that can both receive and send calls to current clients and potential clients. Callhippo does that.

Cons

None. The service functions when we need it to, which is what we need.

Nathan W.
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 29/04/2017

Made My Business Communication With Clients Easy

Pros

Easy to Setup - No new hardware Required, Call Recording, Call Analytics, VoiceMail, Call Queuing, On Hold Music, Custom Message

Cons

Requested for Android app and they delivered within 2 months. Custom availability settings are bit confusing.

Unnikrishnan P.

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Excellent Customer Support

Excellent.

Pros

While the product is good, the customer support is excellent. I want to mention these 2 guys [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who provided prompt and excellent solutions to my problem. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was available for support even at 12 in the midnight to resolve my queries. Really appreciate and recommend Call Hippo.

Cons

Nothing that I can point out. I have been using for 2 months only.

Myron B.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Help is on the way

In a time where most companies have lost touch with customers and help is via AI, CallHippo provides human beings and answers all questions and problems quickly...LIVE! I had various problems in the setup and Minash called me, set up Zoom meetings and went into my laptop and phone to get all the settings sorted out. THANK YOU!

Pros

I dont use many of the features ,but what I use now works great

Cons

There were many glitches in getting it wrking correctly but now it works fine

Akshay P.

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was an awesome customer representative

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the best customer representative I have ever spoken in my life. I couldn't have asked for a better customer rep. He was better than every customer rep that I have spoken to in my life. CallHippo is an awesome software and people like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are the reason for it. Keep up the good work

Cons

Reading Guide should be available on the page

Neekunj S.

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

CallHippo helped making calls really easy across geographies

Overall I'm really happy to use CallHippo.

Pros

Things I liked about CallHippo -
1. The ease of using CallHippo for my daily calls across US, UK, or Europe.
2. Very helpful support Team, got in touch with Manish from CallHippo who helped me resolve the issue when the app wasn't working on my phone

Cons

Sometimes the calls don't connect. And I'm left with a blank response from the Dialer.

Nick M.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Went out of my way to make sure other folks dont fall for this trap

Horrible to say the least, filled with anguish and disgust. Where to start? How about that the part that their customer is a bait and switch type of operation. Buyer Beware!

Pros

absolutely none! There was nothing about CallHippo that I could say was worth putting here.

Cons

The software under delivers and is lacking in so many points that it is virtually unusable. The quality of voice calls is sub-par and leaves so much to be desired. Half of the marketing material covers features that they are trying to compete with the actual quality software providers.

Muhammad Y.
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Callhippo Expereince

Overall Experience is good.

Pros

I used call forwarding feature. It is quick and clear.
Customer support is very nice.
I can get clarification immediately. I do not need to wait for long.

Cons

Unable to receive SMS from Banks and some other organizations those restricted the virtual number.
It is very sad.

Bhuwan D.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Good Support Staff

The Support Staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great. He helped me solve the issue. I was frustrated, but he handled it calmly. Great staff will continue using Call Hippo Again.

Pros

The incoming and outgoing call feature is great for me. the SMS is received instantly.

Cons

Have to renew all the accounts at once for all. even the number is not 30 days old.

Ellie K.

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Feedback

Fantastic!

Pros

I like the customer support, it is really nice to have a product where the support team is always available and quick to resolve issues. Great customer service - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Thanks for all your help in resolving our issues!

Cons

not applicable

Maze F.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

Excellent customer service

Pros

Was able to carry on business as per usual even while relocating.

Cons

Ease of use. It is not exactly user-friendly, there were many obstacles in getting it set up but thank goodness for the excellent customer service; he was able to patiently walk me through the entire process and he found solutions for my problems.

Saurabh P.

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Best Service as described.

I need to add a voicemail greeting, but I am unable to set it properly. I asked them to help me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] one of the call hippo executives respond to me and solve my all problems too quickly.

Pros

Excellent customer service with userfriendly enterface.

Cons

Pricing is a little costly. Because I am a startup I feel it costly.