About HoneyBook

HoneyBook is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution designed for small businesses. The solution helps users manage business processes from inquiry through to invoicing. HoneyBook lets users manage projects,...

Browse HoneyBook Reviews

Christina S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

The Best Client Management Resource-- goes beyond normal software

Before I used HoneyBook, I had tried several other client management platforms. All of them were clunky, and often I'd have to hunt around for things in the interest of the app developer's attention to folders and organization. What a mess! I'm so glad I switched to HoneyBook. They've consistently made product improvements and seem to really care about their customers. It gets easier and more fun to use every day, with just enough features to accomplish what I need without overwhelming me. I highly suggest this to anyone who is managing multiple clients, especially if you have client projects that tend to go dormant for awhile then pick back up.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and how amenable the HB team is to updating the software if you have a feature request or complaint. It provides very visual, easy user prompts that allow me to easily accomplish what I need in a fraction of the time of other software apps I've tried.

Cons

It's annoying that I can't delete the default emails that came with my account to replace them with my own workflow, so myself or a team member doesn't get confused with their suggested emails vs. the ones I actually want to use.

Response from HoneyBook

Christina, thank you for you being a HoneyBook member! We are so happy to hear that HB allows you to manage your clients in a fraction of time of other systems! Our Product Team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members expectations. Thank you for the feedback on the default email templates. I will share with our team. Incase you didn't know, you can edit the default templates text and format to meet your needs.

Replied 23/09/2019
Tiffani M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 05/07/2021

My Honeybook

With Honeybook my clients information is easy to collect and organize.

Pros

I love how easy this system was to get up and running. Over the last year I have been able to implement more that Honeybook has to offer making the program that much more useful. I especially love the ability to schedule emails to go out when I need them to. I also love the app. I can get my clients information from anywhere.

Cons

There is nothing about Honeybook that I would change.

Cori S.

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

The Best CRM Software EVER!!!

I am keeping my workflow seamless. I am not falling behind with not knowing what i have and havent done. I get notifications in my app on my phone to keep me up to date when i am not at a desk. Saving templates keeps me from having to re-do contracts and brochures to send to clients. And honestly the BIGGEST thing is it keeps me on top of clients and either closing things out if they arent interested, booking them if they just forgot to get back to me, or making sure they are seeing things.

Pros

I love how seamless and easy to use it is. It may be a transition at first but once you get changed over you will NEVER go back. The workflow is so easy to use and very customizable. Other softwares i've tested are not even comparable to how simple honeybook is to use.

Cons

The only thing i wish were better is the calendar system. It would be nice to be able to block dates out on the calendar to avoid booking, like if you had planned a vacation. I also with it would sync directly to ical. I hate having to make it use google becuase if google runs out of space it doesnt tell me and then i have a calendar issue.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

I switched because i was wasting time manually making contracts each time, and i was lacking in the workflow department. I was hardly booking because it wasn't a professional look before honeybook

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

This is geared more towards photographers and that is hard to find something that works so well that is build for us

Top HoneyBook Alternatives

Flossie O.

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Level up

It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

17hats, DocuSign and Adobe PDF Library

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

I did a trail run of both 17hats and Honeybook. Honeybook put my documents into the system and the customer service help to learn their system was stellar. It made me more confident that if I had trouble in the future, someone would answer.

17hats

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

See above. It applies to all the potential products used
Morgan M.

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

Great platform

Love them and will always recommend them when I can.

Pros

I love that it makes everything so easy. you can send out your contracts, you can send out your emails, you can set reminders that will tell you when things are due you can send out invoices. If someone enters in their information through the contact page that honey but provides they put everything into the system for you that the client has provided to sell the name the email address all of that making it that much more easy for you . I also really love the customer service everyone is very professional and helpful and they go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. it’s also very easy to understand. It makes you look very professional as a business owner I highly recommend Honey Book

Cons

Honestly there’s not really a whole lot of cons the only one that I can think of is that the mobile app is not as interactive as if you were using a computer or laptop but honey book constantly works on improving things so I’m sure that in the future it will be fully interactive from your phone where you can check on things like bookkeeping and Send out contacts faster. So for me it’s not really a con just something to be aware of other than that I really honestly can’t really think of any cons.

Caryl L.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

HoneyBook is a lifesaver!

Pros

I am NOT administratively gifted and have always struggled with organization and client management. HoneyBook makes those tasks so much easier by keeping everything in one place with tools easily accessible. The learning curve is fairly quick and painless and the customer service is wonderful! This software has given my business a much needed professional face lift and improved the client experience tenfold! I offer luxury services to high end clients and now I feel confident that every interaction supports and compliments my luxury brand!

Cons

No I'm very happy. There's honestly nothing I would change.

Kendra S.

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Honeybook is part of my business 'team'

Honeybook was a game-changer for my business. It took me from being a side-hustle who felt a little disorganized to a full-fledged business owner who has her plan together!

Pros

I love how easy it makes it to keep my business organized. I like having everything for each client/project in one place. No more searching through email chains or paper contracts.

Cons

It takes some time to get set up and I wish there was some more flexibility in the pipeline customization.

Samantha C.

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

I love honeybook for all my small business crm!

I have worked with the team and customer service multiple times, and they are always fantastic! When I first started with honeybook in 2016, they helped me move everything into their system and were always quick to help answer any question I had. I love honeybook!

Pros

It allows me to keep all my jobs organized. All emails, questionnaires and files are kept within their own project so both the client and I can easily keep track of everything regarding that specific job. It saves me countless hours with the templates, workflows and invoices all implemented.

Cons

We are not able to schedule emails yet within honeybook, very frustrating when working late and wanting to respond to someone without sending it past 8pm and still keeping everything organized. Payments take 2-3 days to deposit via stripe, but wish paypal was available or something where funds are delivered faster.

Response from HoneyBook

Samantha, thank you for your partnership for so many years! You will be happy to know we are actively looking into your feedback! More to come down the road!

Replied 15/11/2019
Marsha W.

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Honeybook has been such a lifesaver for me over the last few years. It keeps me organized and...

Business and organization

Pros

Customer service team is super responsive, friendly and easy to work with.
Customization is easy to do and I love the ability to add tasks and workflow items.
Keeping track of my income and projects makes life so much easier.
Being able to respond to clients immediately instead of having to wait until "I get back to my office".
Being able to send and sign contracts online has been a HUGE timesaver. Also being able to pull up a client's contract while out of the office has been amazing!

Cons

There are a few features that I wish I had but with all great things, patience is key so I don't mind waiting! The CS team has been amazing at adding all the feature requests from users.

Taylor W.

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Keeps me organized and on track

HoneyBook keeps me organized and on track. I don't know what I would do without HoneyBook and I honestly I don't know how I survived without it before I started using it over two years ago now. I am so much more organized now that all my emails and invoices are all in one place. It's also nice that HoneyBook keeps track of my numbers to see how well I am doing. Having automatic payment reminders for my clients and email templates helps me to spend less time on the computer and more time creating beautiful images for my wonderful clients. HoneyBook is a game changer!

Pros

Organization, everything in one place, keeps track of my numbers!

Cons

The price can be kind of high if you're just starting out as a business, but it's totally worth it and the 50% off from a referral was a huge help.

Nate S.

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Business Game Changer

Pros

Honey book is incredible. It allows me to keep all my conversations and files that are specific to a couple in one place. I save so much time because of the templates And organization. It’s so much better than what I used to do using excel, my mail app, and constantly uploading random PDFs as my contracts and proposals. Now it is all nice and neat in HoneyBook and super accessible at any time. I also love the app that allows me to check things on the go and make quick reply’s. The customer support is also awesome and quickly response with helpful information each time! I could not run my business without a book and I know that they will only continue to get even better over time!

Cons

It was a little intimidating to set up in the very beginning but the support team was so helpful and helped me get a head start. Now that I’ve learned the system, it’s actually hardly intimidating at all! Can’t think of any real cons

Jendayi J.

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Worth the Money!

Pros

Pipeline management is so easy with Honeybook. I love seeing where every client sits in the funnel at a glance. What's more is that Honeybook makes managing those clients simple with an array of tools to make your life less chaotic. Having templates save me hours upon hours of work. I'm thankful that this product exists as it's instrumental to finding a balance between entrepreneurship and family life.

Cons

I wish Honeybook rolled out more features regularly. I don't really know what I need until the Honeybook product team surprises me with an update. Those updates usually make me very happy.

Amber R.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

LOVE Honeybook!

Not only has the product been amazing (See above) but the service has, too. Since signing up, Honeybook employees have gotten in touch with me asking if they can help upload my documents or customize things for me, and also have emailed just to check in and make sure I'm happy with everything. 10/10.

Pros

I love so many things about Honeybook! It offers great features that make my work so much more organized. This saves me tons of time (and stress!) It's easy for my clients to use and I think it's more professional and a better experience for my clients to have a client portal where they can sign contracts/make payments and easily send me a message. Honeybook also makes my workflows easier. I haven't yet used the brochures, yet, but am looking forward to making use of them soon!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about this software.

Jessie C.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

Complete game changer for small wedding venue!

We love HoneyBook- it has made running a business with just 2 of us possible!!

Pros

We use the tasks feature daily to organize our leads - being able to track where they come from is essential, as is the ability to customize the workflow to schedule follow-up messages and email templates. The integration with our accounting software (QuickBooks Online) was seamless and has made bookkeeping much easier. Having all of our project data in one place is also huge for us!

Cons

With larger brochures and projects with more messages, it can take some time for everything to load. There are some limited features in the mobile app but neither has been significantly disruptive.

Kristin H.

Reviewed on 17/06/2018

I cannot operate my business without HoneyBook

All of my projects are organized, is it a beautiful and professional way to present proposals to my clients, I love the automated e-mails and the customer service is amazing. I have booked so many weddings because I have a beautiful software that caters to my young Brides ages 23-35.

Pros

Cons

How we cannot process client credit card payments ourselves and how some clients don't understand how it works

Colleen C.

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Honeybook is a must for an outstanding customer experience

It’s rare to feel personally connected to a service, but Honeybook has gone out of its way to do this. I’m still a small fish right now in a very big pond, but they treat me with the same level of personal, friendly service as companies 50 times my size.

Pros

Having everything at my fingertips to manage my clients, their needs, communication and payment is my primary reason for using Honeybook. But my clients love it to, and I’m able to make every client, regardless of their billable worth, feel as important as they are. Delivering an outstanding client experience is one of the principles of my business, and I know I’m able to do that with Honeybook.

Cons

The only thing I have on my wishlist is more customization for email capture forms. But it certainly is something I’m able to workaround with ease, and not a big concern.

Sarah M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

Save Time, Look Professional, and Grow Your Business with Honeybook

Rather than having to search for several different templates for invoices, proposals, contracts, and more, it's all in one place with HoneyBook. I love that!

Pros

The features are very straightforward. It is very user-friendly. It's a beautiful design.

Cons

I want access to all templates for each industry. I'm not sure if choosing an industry is to my benefit because I work in a few different industries where it would be nice to have access to all of them within the software.

Elizabeth F.

Reviewed on 11/05/2019

My Morning Helper

Pros

It’s a small thing, but I really like how encouraging words are written into the copy throughout the product. It may be from your software, but positive words are positive words. It’s an important piece to keeping this program (and business) sustainable and lasting. I love how organized and intuitive the platform is to how I think. I just need what’s coming down the pipe in front of me to stave off overwhelm. Honeybook helps with that.

Cons

I still have issues with the app-my emails come separate and then I don’t get a Honeybook notification. But I think the new client portal might help with that. We’ll see.

Megan H.

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

A life and business saver!

Being able to keep all of my clint's information, emails, files, contracts, payments, etc. in one online place is amazing. It takes SO much stress off my shoulders. I honestly don't know how I did business without it....oh yeah, I did DO as much business because I was stretched too thin. If you want to grow. This is a must have.

Pros

I love the automation of certain tasks. I feel like my assistant is taking care of things I simply don't have time to do.

Cons

I wasn't expecting so much work up front to build my templates and brochures but it was SO worth it once I got the hang of using it. I have 4 kids and I love that I can respond to and inquiry with one hand using my phone in about 2 minutes.

Ether S.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

Honeybook is a lifesaver!

I have realized after using Honeybook that I don’t have to spend time writing out emails as much as I used to! Templates have saved me so much time and made booking a client so much easier. I also feel like my services have had an upgrade in presentation and style, which has really helped book a ton more clients!

Pros

Honeybook is an amazing software because it allows me to organize and keep track of all my bookings and projects in a nice, clean manner. I love how user friendly the software is and the amount of support that is offered if you ever have a question!

Cons

The only complaint I have is that you can’t access all the same features and do all the same things on the Honeybook app as you can on a computer. This is only a very minor dislike because most important features are usable in the app!

Jenna W.

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

HoneyBook is Amazing!

AMAZING! I love everything about it!

Pros

How organized it is and also all the features! Follow up reminders, pie charts, automated payment reminders, online payment scheduling, brochures.. seriously everything!

Cons

The one thing I would love would be to swipe right on the projects (Like in the gmail app on emails) or some feature that would make it super easy to mark the project as complete and it disappears from the home but goes somewhere else so it can still be reviewed and is still being accounted for in the income. Or maybe there is a feature like this already and I just haven't figured it out yet lol

Sarah G.

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Honeybook has changed my stress level AND the experience that I give my clients.

Pros

The ease of use. Hands down. Honeybook was the solution to so many problems I had trying to run my photography business on my own. I'm so thankful for how honeybook makes it so easy to run my business. THANKS YA'LL!

Cons

My only complaint is that you COULD be an all in one stop for photographers and offer client photo galleries and options to purchase prints and albums.

Megan O.

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

I'll shout it from the rooftops: "I love HoneyBook!"

Super happy with it! I love logging in to use it, and I love getting all the mobile notifications! It's easy to use, and organized. Just what I need to get started with my photography business!

Pros

I love that I was able to customize marketing materials like brochures and questionnaires quickly in order to connect with my inquiries. I also love that they were heavily customizable. As a photographer with a degree in graphic and web design, the look and feel of these items are important to me.

Loving that I can respond from my Gmail account and that all communications are in one place and easy to read.

Fully appreciate the integration into Google Calendar as well!

Cons

I do wish there were additional font options, like leading and tracking, custom color, or font choices available.

Also the character limit on file names or projects has proved a little troublesome to me.

Derek S.

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

I made the switch, not one regret.

Great software, it was very close to what I was looking for out of the box. Customizing it for my business and workflow has been easy and I’m beginning to train employees now.

Pros

Ease of use, basic setup and easy to navigate with robust options for integrations and connecting all of my online tools.

Cons

I wish the software would automatically create a project once i change the stage to Booked. It would cut down on time of double entering a client for a contact and then for the project.

Patrice P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

The Business Mgmt. Tool I Always Needed!

Pros

The ease, the aesthetic, the customer service, AND the ability to project manage for my clients all in one space, including invoicing and bookkeeping!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and it took me watching tutorial videos and asking lots of questions before I got the hang of it. x

Slack and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Referred by a trusted online social media strategist and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]