About Qarrot

Qarrot is a full-circle employee recognition software solution, ideal for small and mid-sized companies looking to improve team morale, strengthen workplace culture, drive higher performance, or to simply say "thank-you" to their...

Browse Qarrot Reviews

Jeff N.

review of Qarrot

Fantastic. Every time we've had an issue I feel the team has gone above and beyond to help us out or to make things right.

Even if we find a small bug they fix it right away they follow up with us to tell us it has been corrected.

Excellent service!

Pros

The end user experience. If you want to reward someone for doing a good job, they are not limited by what gift card you can find at the local store. Being able to customize rewards with comply logos is amazing.

Cons

Because you have so many options, it is difficult for some of our team leads to create campaigns. No matter how many times we try to walk people though something they seem to get lost. Also, the hard close on a campaign is a little difficult to work around. We have to end our campaigns a few days after they really end to give the employee enough time to enter in all their data.

Richard B.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Maybe it's me...

To reiterate, I know this doesn't really reflect on the designers and creators of Qarrot, so this isn't really a fair criticism and it's certainly not directed at the people behind it. As I said, I think it's a good idea - on paper.

Unfortunately it's the average user that either treats it or turns it into something it wasn't really meant for. Or better yet, they misuse the system in a way that's not really intended. (recognising friends for example).

Overall, I personally do not use it given how quickly it became something to do "just because", if the average user used it properly and gave recognitions for people that do genuinely go above and beyond or what not, then I would follow suit. Because hard work does need reward in some way, especially for those that deserve it.

Still a good idea however, just not with some of the mind-set people have on my floor, from my experience anyway.

Pros

I certainly like the intention behind it, I will always vouch and support something that is designed to encourage reward and recognition within a working environment.

Cons

I'm not really a fan of the social media element it's taken with the social feed and email notifications, perhaps these can be turned off somewhere but they very quickly got annoying. In all honesty, it got to the point where I set up a rule in my outlook to move any emails from Qarrot to my deleted folder, even recognitions, because they started flooding my inbox with everyone recognising each other.

My main criticism is possibly a bit harsh, as it's not really anything to do with the intention, design or even the implementation behind it all, but I don't think it has much staying power. What I mean specifically, is that things like Qarrot soon turn into a popularity contest or something that people do because it's expected of them or they're asked to do it by management.

We are already seeing here at Honda that people are 'recognising' friends over genuine colleagues, where they're both giving 'jokey' awards for not getting points in their Fantasy Football League, or for doing their day to day job. You know, something that would have been the minimum expectation of them before Qarrot was about. People are now being rewarded/recognised for doing their normal Job it seems. ("Thanks for sending over those forms in a timely manner" - is something you might see and think, isn't that expected of you anyway?)

More in the next box.

Phil N.

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

Great Software for Team Building

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy for everyone in the team to get involved and very effective at giving team members a route to thank each other.

Cons

Occasional slight glitch but always handled quickly and professionally by their customer service team

Top Qarrot Alternatives

Charles C.

Reviewed on 25/05/2016

Qarrot implemented a high-quality, customized staff education and incentive rewards program

Qarrot has helped us design a highly functional, engaging on-line education and incentive rewards program, consolidating our legacy disparate systems and outdated features into a streamlined, visually appealing experience. They have been easy to work with, responsive to our requests for change and quick to suggest areas for improvement. Since Qarrott took over this program at the end of 2015, we have seen a 60% increase in the utilization of the program by our members, further underscoring the value Qarrott has brought to our company.

Stephanie K.

Unique Incentive

Pros

Qarrot is a great, unique way to create incentives for our employees. I really like the “news feed” aspect that allows people to see accomplishments of others, especially with our business, which has different locations throughout the country. It provides a new level of recognition!

Cons

I don’t have any complaints about Qarrot thus far.

Amanda V.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Better a Qarrot than a stick....

Pros

The software is user friendly and allows even a large company to stay connected and recognize great work! Employees respond well to positive feedback an additional monetary motivation is also a wonderful bonus.

Cons

I have not encountered any negatives- easy to download and use.

Jenna V.

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Great reward system for employees

Pros

Qarrot is very user friendly. Easy to set up campaigns and send out shout outs too.

Cons

I had a hiccup when they were signing me up that someone else had to go in from Qarrot and sign up my email. But it went though and eventually happened

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Qarrot App

Great! Easy to use, post and share!

Pros

App access and immediate posting for staff recognition

Cons

Receiving multiple (3-4) emails regarding the same thing (employee anniversary/birthday)

Sam K.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

This is an interesting app

Pros

I like how it gives real words updates, along with peoples names of who got rewards.

Cons

I have to go through the whole login process every time I wish to use it.

Kayla M.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Product Review

Pros

The ability to connect with my company and the people who work at different parks

Cons

It’s a bit hard to navigate at first but after some practice I got it

Debra S.

It's fun!

Pros

As a compliance officer, I can recognize coworkers for going above and beyond.

Cons

I sometimes forget that it exists as a reward option where I work.

Jenn B.

Qarrot Fun

Pros

I like how this software gets the office involved with one another

Cons

I have not run into any issues yet! It's very user friendly

Ashton N.

Great App

I’ve loved the app overall.

Pros

Great way to encourage progress in employees.

Cons

Can be tedious to use at times, but overall fairly easy to use

Reagan M.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

Qarrot review

It really encouraged my team to meet deadlines for improvement and gave us definite rewards instead of just the possibility of one.

Pros

I like that I get badges for my hard work and can see others accomplishments

Cons

I cannot search for the gift cards and prize I can exchange for. I have to scroll down a big list to see if they have rewards for the stores I go to

Shawn V.

Fluid but pricey

It's a great idea and concept but it is a little expensive. This is also due to the massive use of it.

Pros

It is really easy to use and takes very little time to teach everyone how to use it.

Cons

It's a little hard to get in touch with support. I couldn't find it listed anywhere on the site while logged in.

Response from Qarrot Performance

Hi Shawn, thank for the review! In the future, you can get in touch with our support team by clicking the top-right corner of your Qarrot account, under Profile you'll find the section 'Help' where you can check Qarrot's knowledge base or leave us a message (we respond within 1 business day ;)

Replied 17/04/2019
Emilija V.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Great way of recognising employees and getting everyone involved

Benefits - everyone's getting involved and it's fun to take part in, it can get quite competetive too!

Pros

It's sooo easy to use and takes seconds every time you want to say thanks or recognise someone for their efforts!
It also has a great reward scheme, brilliant idea for any business that wants to recognise their emplyees.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons. So far it's been great!

Marcus R.

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

I enjoy having a format to show apreciation and also reward collegues

I have enjoyed the use so far along with the update and love the effect it has had on rewards in the business.

Pros

I like the simplicity of use and the layout

Cons

would be better to have an option to add emojis and or GIF into the comments

Response from Qarrot Performance

Hi Marcus, thank you for reviewing us :) Great news: you can now comment on others' posts with GIFs (it was part of our latest update so you might not have seen it yet)!

Replied 24/04/2019
Hannah M.
  • Industry: Printing

Qarrot Review

Pros

It's so easy to use, and it has helped the team become closer as a result. We now always recognise each others hard work - keeping team morale high!

Cons

You don't get notifications if someone comments or likes your post

Anthony M.

Stoked

office enjoys rewards where credit is due

Pros

really easy to recognize peers, and have that be seen throughout the whole office

Cons

seems like I could only reward someone once a month, but maybe that was our settings.

Philip M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Pros

-software is use friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

No cons so far. This software is amazing with a lot of companies to exchange points for rewards

Car D.

Qarrot review

Being able to use it as a reward for our Leadership team has been helpful.

Pros

It seems relatively easy to use for now.

Cons

I have had no issues with use except it would be nice if the login and password could be saved.

Response from Qarrot Performance

Thanks for the feedback, Car!

To make logging in easier, you save your username and password in your web browser (when on a computer) or use the 'Autofill password' feature on iPhone (go into Settings, then Passwords & Accounts).

Hope this is helpful.

Replied 03/05/2019
Chelsea B.

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Awesome Way to Give Back

Once the employees are invested and excited about the program they really jump at the opportunity to earn rewards.

Pros

It's easy to navigate the software for both administration and employees. The feed allows for easy communication across the entire nationwide team.

Cons

The most difficult part is just re-entering data that could auto populate or be stored for another use.

Jakub O.

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

A communication canal for your teammates!

Boost your team's performance with Qarrot and manage their work through it!

Pros

It is very easy and simple to use - it integrates your teammates together well. It has many many interesting options!

Cons

For small businesses it could be a little bit too expensive and in my opinion there should be a one, free plan.

Kat B.

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Great

No problems at all

Pros

Qarrot is a fun tool to have when appreciating someones work. It can be used for whatever you'd like.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about the software.

Marvin T.

Interesting

Pros

Easy to use, requires practically no training. Rewards are simple to redeem

Cons

Doesnt save login for enough time. Somewhat simple looking