About Sortly

Sortly Pro is a cloud-based inventory management solution that caters to small and midsize businesses across various industries. Key features include activity tracking, location tracking, inventory management, barcoding and audit...

Browse Sortly Reviews

Stephanie G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Amazing Inventory Tracking

I LOVE how Sortly can reflect exactly what my company specifically is looking for. It is a program with user ease in mind. The customer service support team is also spectacular and they are always able to answer any problems I may run into.

Pros

I love the ease of use, cost, and different functions of the program. It is so simple to customize how this program works.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this software, rather of short comings. I wish the program was able to be imported into QuickBooks on the server based platform.

Dallas C.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Sortly Pro has been a great tool in transitioning from the old spreadsheet into the 21st...

The ability to track inventory on the go, efficiently.

Pros

The ability to create custom fields and specify the metadata for said field. Quick to add/move/remove/edit items with quick actions. The tagging system is an efficient way to group products. You can easily track quantities and move and adjust as needed on the fly with simply an app on your phone. You get the intricacy of a spreadsheet with the user interface of an app. If you can add/edit/remove items on a social media profile, then you are savvy enough to create a basic inventory system in this platform.

Cons

With any startup, you're going to have growing pains. They are still perfecting the system. The silver lining is in their response to customer feedback. I don't know if I would call this a con, but
there is definitely something of a learning curve. For instance, to create a detailed, intricate inventory system, properly, is going to take some trial and error. There are features and ways to manipulate the app that aren't necessarily apparent. For instance, understanding it's best to keep 'Folders' to a minimum and instead use the tagging system to identify and classify items. We have our own struggles with managing inventory, but once you get a baseline established, in a normal inventory environment, maintenance shouldn't be too labor intensive.

Bridget W.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Perfect For Our Team

We continue to use Sortly Pro as our go to source for our inventory management. It has been a great tool for our business.

Pros

Sortly is VERY easy to use. Adjusting inventory is a breeze and immediately updates. Our team is spread across the US and can all access our current inventory at all times on the Sortly app.

Cons

At first, the app was not available on Android applications which affected our teams ease of use. Now it seems like Sortly has ironed out the flaws and is running seamlessly.

Top Sortly Alternatives

Benjamin B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

Perfect for Camera Equipment

Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros

What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons

A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it.

I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

Robert F.

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

The App was easy to use and helpful at first, but in the end it did not do everything needed.

I was able to get a pretty solid list of inventory and was able to manage it manually for a few weeks.

Pros

I liked that I was able to take pictures and scan the product into any folder. I liked that i was able to create as many folders as I needed.
I really liked the style and functionality of the app. It just didnt accomplish everything that my bosses needed.

Cons

I was not able to search through my items by quantity, I would like to know what I am out of so that I can restock what I do not have.

It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other users on the account. I pay for Users, and it would be nice to be able to message them about specific items arriving, through the same app. Maybe a notification system of some sort.

I also wish that it were easier to move items back and forth from folder to folder. It is not as user friendly as it should be when it comes to searching for the folder to move the item into. Specifically on the mobile app because when searching for the destination folder you have to click on just the arrows on the right hand side of the parent folder. Maybe implement a quick touch and a hold down action.

It would also be nice to be able to receive boxes and deliveries and be able to sort them into specific folders automatically, based on what is scanned. So predetermined folders.

Kevin M.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

Easy to use for basic inventory needs

Overall Sortly has solved some of our problems with inventory management but to implement it on a wider scale it would be impossible to use as is.

Pros

Ease of use, simple to add and delete inventory.

Cons

Not being able to sort part numbers within the app. I wish there was a text only option to scan through inventory items easily without having screen real estate taken up by product pictures.

The general layout of information, part number, lot number, etc should be editable. Especially the order in which it appears on the app.

Labeling needs some help. Being able to set a specific QR code per item and reprint that specific one would be a really nice feature for inventory management.

Being able to use a standard label printer to make labels vs using a sheet and standard printer. Or make your own thermal printer to use Sortly branded labels with the app!

Audrey R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Get the Trial - All the Features but no commitment

Sortly was very easy to use and they were also flexible with the trial timeline.

Pros

The trial was so easy to setup and had all of the features. I had it on my phone and an iPad for the trial. The interface is intuitive and simple. It would be great for operations trying to track simple inventory functions.

Cons

I did not really have any issues with the system. We were tying it to an existing platform so we were really going to have to rely on the exports, but it would have handled that.

Clear Spider
Natasha M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Excellent resource for small business!

As a small non-profit business, our inventory changes rapidly and comes from a large variety of vendors. Having the ability to add a vendor name helps us to find items and know where we can reorder more from.

Pros

I love having the ability to scan a bar code and get the information about a product, then add that info into our data at the click of a button. Also having the ability to scan a code or search a word to find items in the data base, which prevents dual entry.

Cons

Just wish there were more items that had all the data already in the system. I assume this will increase with time. Our inventory changes rapidly so having to add all the data for a vast majority of items is quite time consuming.

Kiley A.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

SAIL Loan Closet

The Customer Service has been immensely helpful to us in understanding how the app can be used to best suit the needs of our specific Loan Closet project. We had been doing things in a roundabout way and the Customer Service team was quick and kind to point out a better way to use the app.

Pros

Super fast and easy to inventory new items due to how intuitive the set up is. It has been very easy to teach other people in our office how to use the system! We can also see the exportable CSV files being a favorite feature for monthly/yearly reports in the months to come.

Cons

Twice we lost several entries/data due to updates or system errors. We were unable to recover that data which was frustrating.

Sam G.

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

After 20+ years of using an outdated inventory system it was a relief to find the Sortly App.

Pros

Everything is set up and easy to use, the interface is straight forward and I was able to get straight to work within minutes. If you have a small business and are ready to get out of old ways of inventory I highly suggest Sortly.

Cons

The hashtag search feature can be a hold up sometimes when doing so many numbers with same tag. I wish there was a way to add a hashtag across an entire album instead of inputting the menu with every number. Also I noticed as inventory builds I have to refresh screen more often as some numbers would become unavailable unless I refresh the screen..

Nicholas R.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Softly ftw

Pros

We were able to quickly inventory our whole studio

Cons

I wish there were more label formats. We had to make our own smaller labels.

Anthony L.

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

great user interface. Intuitive, and great customer services

Pros

I like how it is user friendly, and an excellent organizational tool. I love that I can customize it to my organization. And I think the mobile app is excellent.

Cons

I wish there were better search options, and I wish I could capture items directly from the internet and add them to the software (like Pinterest's website browser button). Additionally, I feel like the visual graphics could be improved

Alex L.

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

It does the job, still need to fine tune some features but not bad.

Pros

I like that there is a web and mobile app version of it. It's great to be able to take a photo of the item and then add it to the site.

Cons

i wish the photos can be rotated and moved around in the interface. The Add Items and add folders are not as intuitive as i like. sometimes they get mixed up when clicking

Luis marcelo M.
  • Industry: Design

Good suprise

Pros

At first Sortly Pro was an affordable easy-to-use collaborative tool that a team of 3 with no previous experience could use for a while. But it turned out to better than I expected. And months later I am still using it.

Cons

It's not fast, I have to say. Loading can take a lot of time.

Alex G.

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

Overall great. Wish there was a better way of entering inventory faster.

Pros

Love the UX and the feature set. Also love the mobile app. Overall a great product that is easy to use across a team.

Cons

Wish it had more integrations. For example, an integration with UPS or Fedex to automatically enter packages that arrive.

Erika C.

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Initially difficult as it wouldn't update between devices. great now after update.

Assists in tracking who takes what. Assists in proper inventory management.

Pros

photos. ability to move from one location to another. bar code scanning. multiple users and updating. ability to administer online.

Cons

glitches between devices. lack of flexibility for folks not completely familiar with software. Need to be able to make a purchase order with items removed for billing purposes and assign customer name. Be cool to have a PO button and you click and drag what you want to that PO instead of a folder within a folder for each customer. Then email the PO or have it saved in a PO folder. A quick restock feature would be good too.

Harrison W.

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Excellent QR Code Creator

Sortly Pro easily helps me generate and print QR labels for business sorting needs.

Pros

I love this software because it easily allows me to create dozens of QR labels and print them off. It is easy to create different categories and generate unique QR codes for each one.

Cons

One downside to using this software is that it took me a couple of hours to learn how to use all of its features. However, the website features videos which help explain the site.

Justin H.

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Sortly has been a great help to our small garden.

It's the only software I know of that logs the inventory in such a user friendly fashion.

Pros

I like that it makes our inventory easy to search as it looks for any word within the description or title. I also like how simple it is to add photos.

Cons

The price tag seems a little high. The annual jump is a lot considering there are not many differences between the two. We needed additional logins and printed reports, otherwise, we would have stayed with Plus.

Julian P.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Nova's point of view

It keeps me in track of the quantity of items in stock and where is going to.

Pros

The fact that it can look up description of item and download the name, qty, photo and barcode.

Cons

downloading the info to create a report - I have to spend too much time cleaning the downloaded data and making a descent spreadsheet to present to boss.

Rebecca K.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

LOVE this App

I have nothing but positive things to say about the actual app. It runs smoothly and has helped me become more organized.

Pros

Best home/business inventory app out there. Incredibly user friendly.

Cons

My only complaint is it’s a bit pricey for the pro version of this app. I wish there was a one time purchase price associated with this app as opposed to a monthly/yearly subscription.

Maria C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

It made my life easier.

I can have my inventory in my phone.

Pros

What I liked the most of this app is that I can manage it from my computer or my phone. I also can upload images of any size.

Cons

The thing that I don't like is that is not that simple to make catalog of my products for my clients.

Florian A.

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Good program! Features coming, bit expensive

Very nice for basic inventory mgmt without long setup.

Pros

Very intuitive, nice design, VERY FAST Service (usually the same day!)

Cons

A bit expensive, some functions like use of a label printer not out yet.

Jonathan R.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Perfect for managing your inventory

Pros

The best part about Sortly is how easy to use it is. Works great on different platforms.

Cons

No free option for other employees to have access to just view the inventory.

James K.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

An excellent and simple app to manage inventory.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software. Its created efficiency within my business and has saved me a lot of money on part runs for items that we already had in inventory. I would highly recommend this software.

Pros

What I like most about the app is how simple it is to use and categorize product. As a small business owner, I was having a tough time trying to find an inventory program that fit out business needs. Once I found Sortly Pro, it streamlined our business and created efficiencies company wide.

Cons

The only negative I have experienced is with the lack of instant notifications. I wish it notified the administrator or owner when specific items are pulled from inventory. A suggestion would be to include this as an option when entering inventory into the system.

Joey T.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

Nice tool to keep track of inventory

Overall, it is a good tool to maintain inventory. However, we have had encountered some minor bugs.

Pros

Sortly would send notification if inventory is below a pre-set amount.

Cons

Sortly requires users to click on descriptions. Users often click the icons instead of the descriptions.