Sortly Reviews

About Sortly

Sortly Pro is a cloud-based inventory management solution that caters to small and midsize businesses across various industries. Key features include activity tracking, location tracking, inventory management, barcoding and audit...

4.2
4.2

Browse Sortly Reviews

Sam
Sam

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

Sortly was so easy to implement

Love Sortly. Use it every week sometimes every day, and it has been a great addition to our bag of tools at our company.

Pros

The staff position at our office that was responsible for this information has been replaced a handful of times while I have been in this office. The guy there when I was first hired bought a competitors software. I setup the local server for him, connected his iPad to it, and my phone. But before we could use it, I told him that he was going to have to configure it, and determine how he wanted to manage the inventory. It wasn't until 3 people later that Sortly was purchased and put to use the same day that we actually had an inventory up and running.

Cons

I use a Samsung Galaxy Fold 3. Previously a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The support team worked with me on the Note 9 due to a text size issue and the issue was mostly solved; however, I have yet to report that the problem is quite prominent in the Fold 3 and so they still have some work to do with their Text Flow/layout. At least on the Android side, but I don't know how much that would be their fault so much as it is the problem with Android allowing such a wide variety of configurations that every company wants to put their own spin on that I'm sure it can be a daunting task for them to address.

Response from Sortly

Hey Sam,

We truly appreciate the time you took to review Sortly and provide your feedback! Happy to hear that the app is valuable to your team.

Please email [email protected] so we can look into the Fold 3 concern for you.

NICK
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Good Solution for a Diverse Industry

Overall a positive experience and we continue to utilize new features weekly.

Pros

The ease of entering our products into Sortly was a big plus. We also link our vendors to the products so any users can quickly replace stock.

Cons

We would love the ability to change units on products already entered into the system. When changing how we record usage from feet to inches or feet to yards, would be a big benefit to flexibility to the user.

Fishbowl

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

The free trial got us a good experience using the interface. We preferred it over others.

Response from Sortly

Hi Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to review Sortly! We're happy to hear you're finding it useful.

We understand your frustration with the absence of that feature in Sortly. Rest assured, your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and we'll relay your request to our Product team for consideration. If you have any further suggestions or feature requests, please do not hesitate to let us know through our submission platform at http://tinyurl.com/2p99r3bt.

Replied 13/02/2024
Chantal
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/06/2024

Never give these people your payment details!

Pros

Unfortunately, I can not provide any pros for Sortly.

Cons

Never give Sortly your payment details. We started the free trial and were required to provide our credit card details (big mistake). Sortly was not suitable for our organisation and therefore we cancelled the free trial. However, after the cancellation, Sortly continued to charge our account $1,897 in multiple unauthorised charges. Sortly claimed they never received our cancellation. However, they did confirm that the service had not been used after the free trial period. This resulted in a long process of cancelling our business card and seeking legal assistance to help recover funds.

Response from Sortly

Hi Chantal,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We're sorry to hear about your experience and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account with the information provided. To resolve this issue promptly and process any refund due, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]. We would be more than happy to assist you further.

Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to resolving this matter for you as soon as possible.

Replied 24/06/2024

Top Sortly Alternatives

Engin
  • Industry: Textiles

Happy to find

Pros

It's easy to use for my team. I'm not sure if they and I could use that easier complicated software. I like managing my team besides, I can see all the movements of my team easily and can check what they did.

Cons

Now I have an issue about searching results. I have some items which have variants and when I search I see the variants instead of main item. I requested this to be fixed and sortly will take care of it hopefully.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud , Zoho CRM and Odoo

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

Because of the price and easy use. While searching for software for our warehouses, I checked the trials of many of them but each has its statements and I had to learn what should be written where. Sortly can be used by anyone using a PC. You just create folders and put something in it.
Gustavo
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Very user friendly and powerfull solution at an affordable price

I love this software, it is easy to install, use and maintain, have lots of features for a small business, and the price, compare to other software alike, it is very affordable.

Pros

low cost
easy to implement and sustain
user friendly
folder structure
multiple pictures for each product

Cons

no order ticketing
no track of expendables
not to many features
integrations with 3rd party are only for enterprise level

InventoryCloud and inFlow Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

affordable price, include many features that we needed
sherry
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Sortly Review in clinic setting

Pros

It has been great to keep track of our supplies over 3 clinic sites. We have one ordering manager, and they receive notifications when supplies are running low at one of our clinics.

Cons

Set up is time-consuming when adding barcodes on all supplies. However, once it is set up, It is easy to add new items. But that is the case with any inventory system.

Fishbowl

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

Price and very easy setup. Some of the other companies were way more complex than what was needed and therefore more expensive. We only use Sortly as a way to keep track of inventory. It does have some other features we use, such as cost of supplies and reports on spending.
Billy
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

A Great all round inventory management app.

Pros

How easy it was to set up and get going, being able to add photos and prices.

Cons

it's an off the shelf product so wont hit all your buisness needs. quite basic but that is also what is so great about it.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Sortly, excelent inventory option at good price

So far, everything is good. We are doing a fine inventory management in part thanks to Sortly.

Pros

low price
easy of use
customizable fields

Cons

The limit to 2000 articles in the basic version

Olivia

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Exactly what we were looking for

Simple to input inventory. Simple to use. Simple to customize. Very little barriers to creating the new habit of using it.

Pros

It’s better than the messy spreadsheets we were using but not super complicated to start or continue using. My team adopted it very quickly.

Cons

I wanted a longer free trial period in order to truly experience all scenarios I’d be using Sortly.

Infoplus

Reasons for Choosing Sortly

This was just better. Period. And reasonably priced.

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

Infoplus was too expensive with too many features we would not use. Stockpile was too simple.
Brandon
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Best customization options in the field

My experience has been very positive. I have been able to tailor the program to my exact needs which are not 100% aligned with the intent of some of the features, but because of the customization can be made to be used in exactly the way I need it

Pros

I selected Sortly due to the customization options. I use the program slightly different than it's intention which means the ability to customize is one of, if not the most important feature for my company. All other competitors I looked at did not offer enough customization making their programs not suited to my needs

Cons

I have no complaints about Sortly at this time

Lisa
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great app/software

This has changed my job as manager of Inventory for an office space! It is so much easier to get things sorted when they can be counted in a flash, instead of having to use an excel spreadsheet.

Pros

I love that we can assign our own barcodes or Sortly will make them up for us. Also, that anyone can use it through their own phone, so it negated the need for several additional physical items to keep track of.

Cons

It was a bit expensive. Also, it took a learning curve to figure out that the imported items folder could be manipulated easiest. It would be nice if several functions could be saved in more detail with a pull down menu? For example, I use more shortcuts than the four allowed on the phone scanner.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Sortly

The ease of being able to use our phones as trackers (Sheetgo did not allow that integration as easily) and the ability to acess and update immediately in real time.

Response from Sortly

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Sortly!

We are happy to hear that the app has replaced your previous method of inventory management and you are finding it useful.

I'll pass your request for a Square POS integration to our Product team, and if you have any other feature requests, please let us know at [email protected].

Pierce
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 03/07/2023

Sortly- Year 3

The centralization of Sortly allows my lab to database product and vendor information

Pros

Solid user interface that is clear and well organized.

Cons

Mobile app can feel slow and clunky. Hopeful for further workflow integrations like Slack and creating purchase orders.

Fishbowl and QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

Straightforward product that is simple and easy to use.

Response from Sortly

Hi Pierce,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly and for being a longtime customer! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

I'll pass your feedback about the Quickbooks, POS, and Fishbowl integrations along to our Product team.

Replied 18/07/2023
Kellie
  • Industry: Utilities

One Energy Sortly Review

Pros

The Mobile App is very easy to use. Simple and clear for the user.

Cons

I wish there was a way to store more Documents and track events on an asset.

Nathaniel

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

Finally We organize our warehouse

It has been very good so far, easy to setup, and great support

Pros

Ease of use for our employees, especially field workers interacting with accounting.

Cons

we had to use a workaround to achieve what we were really trying to do,, but it works, and works great

Response from Sortly

Hi Nathaniel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

We would love to assist further with your concern about using a workaround. Please reach out to us at [email protected]!

Replied 02/02/2024
Charles
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 04/07/2023

Small Business User

Overall it works for us with tracking and sharing our MAIN product, which is federally regulated so it's the most important. We continue to use it, so obviously we are accustomed to it and invested the time to input our data so we will continue to use it as long as it remains affordable to our budget.

Pros

I love the ability to add tags to sort easily when looking up something for a customer request, the ability to track assets value, and creating as many folders and subfolders as needed. It's nice you can leave 0 quantity to restock without having to re-enter all the data for that item or recreate a barcode.

Cons

I don't like that you have to pay additional fees/higher plan in order to create simple custom reports. It would be nice if there was a plan for smaller mom & pop businesses like ours to utilize the software and all it's greatness without breaking the bank. If I had to pick one suggestion, it would be to have the ability to show the out of pocket value AND the sell price value...rather than having to choose one.

Response from Sortly

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your review of Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

I'll pass your pricing feedback along to our Leadership team and your feedback about having additional fields to our Product team.

Replied 11/07/2023
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 29/06/2023

Sortly for Hotel Inventory Management

We are not using all the features of Sortly by any means but has proven the perfect solution for what we need which is managing and controlling our inventory and ensuring we always have the stock we need on hand. I do think that the Advanced plan should have more than two users included.

Pros

We use Sortly to control our stock of amenities and supplies for rooms and it is a simple and straightforward tool for that purpose. It was easy to set up our inventory and the minimum level fields and tags make reordering straightforward and the price makes tracking the value of inventory very easy. Being able to upload a number of photos eliminates confusion over which item is which.

Cons

Only 2 users on the Advanced plan is not very generous compared to competitors. 5 would seem to be a fairer deal

Response from Sortly

Hi Mark,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review Sortly! It's fantastic to know that our app has helped you maintain efficiency and organization.

I'll pass your feedback about plans and pricing to our Leadership team. You are able to add additional users to your Advanced plan. If you would like to do so, please reach out to us at [email protected]!

Replied 30/06/2023
Laura

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Sortly has helped operationalize our organization

Pros

Sortly has helped our team track and manage assets. We initially started using the tool to better track and manage our hardware assets across all of our offices, however we've expanded to also tracking software applications and licenses. This has been an incredibly helpful tool to manage involuntary separations and have a one-stop-shop to know what our team members have and what hardware is available to us in each of our offices. This has resulted in cost savings because it's preventing unnecessary spend on assets we already have in our pocession.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is better reporting or customization for assets that are beyond technology.

Response from Sortly

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're thrilled to hear you're finding Sortly useful and that our Customer Support team is helping you along the way.

Your feedback is crucial in helping us enhance Sortly's capabilities. If you'd like to provide some more information about the reporting options you would like to see, please do not hesitate to let us know through our submission platform at http://tinyurl.com/2p99r3bt or by emailing [email protected]

Replied 13/02/2024
Nico
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 30/06/2023

Great product

Pros

Easy backoffice with easy and fast implementation. No more missing parts thanks to alarm levels for low qty with an automatic mail.

Cons

For a basic field user, the increase/decrease of parts is too far hidden. A start screen with just 2 buttons to add or remove parts and a next screen with a scan and qty field could be useful.

Response from Sortly

Hi Nico,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

I'll pass your feedback about the UI along to our Product team.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Replied 19/07/2023
Frank

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

Useful for inventory identification and tracking

In commercial construction for a flooring company, I use Sortly to catalog our overstock items available for our sales reps and walk-ins alike for easy and quick browsing. Photos, details, and quantities are nice to be able to offer and I can export records of everything or inside of set parameters (for example, rolled carpet over 75SF in the color brown) based on whatever information I entered about the product upon record creation. It has helped to keep these items easily viewable for those not located at this office and separate from our regularly inventoried products.

Pros

Sortly's easy to acclimate to and fill with your products, mobile apps offer a smooth 1:1 experience paired with web based tools.

Cons

UOM not having more options (SY) and having export pre-sets (i.e. field display settings for sharing exports with a customer or internally - with/without costs for example).

Response from Sortly

Hi Frank,

I'll pass your feedback about custom units of measurement and default export fields along to our Product team.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at [email protected]!

Replied 21/08/2023
Bill
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 01/07/2023

Great software for the price

Pros

For the money it does a great job! Not all the bells and whistles or reporting etc of more expensive programs but great value for the money

Cons

Wish the reporting was more advanced: ordering reports and use reports with more flexibility and receiving process to receive items against an order report and ability to move bulk received items from the report into inventory and items not received into a back order list with alerts if the item is on backorder and placed on an order

Response from Sortly

Hi Bill,

I'll pass your feedback about reporting along to our Product team.

Replied 18/07/2023
Jason

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Sortly is everything we need.

It has been wonderful and made my work life so much easier. I'd recommend to anyone or company. Keep up the great work Sortly team!

Pros

The ease of use and well thought out design. The Sortly team is constantly updating new features and actually listens to feedback. Then they actually implement new features and consistently improve on Sortly's functions.

Cons

The wish the pics could be saved in a higher resolution, but I also understand memory and speed of loading. Therefore not really a big "con".

Response from Sortly

Hey Jason,

Thank you so much for your positive review of Sortly! We are happy to hear that the app is working well for you and your team.

I've passed along your feedback about image quality to our Product team. If you have any other suggestions, please let us know at [email protected].

Replied 28/06/2023
Crystal

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

Absolutely Adore

So far, I've really enjoyed sortly, its a good basic inventory management system at a reasonable price for a small buisness.

Pros

I really love how easy it is to make sub folders in sortly. It's a pretty great platform for those looking for quick updates, and the app works great.

Cons

I really wish I could integrate with shopify, it would make me want to upgrade to the enterprise level if I could more easily integrate with my POS.

Response from Sortly

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for your amazing review of Sortly! We're happy to hear it's helped you stay efficient.

I've passed your request for a Shopify integration along to our Product team.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at [email protected]!

Replied 11/07/2023
Sal
  • Industry: Graphic Design

6 Months in and still love it

Been super smooth, and my employees actually use this one!

Pros

Easy of startup and a great app. User interface is not overly complex and adding pictures is a plus, it's all very easy.

Cons

More pricing options on the products. Multiple sources and inventory date.

Response from Sortly

Hi Sal,

Thank you so much for rating Sortly; we are happy to hear you are loving the software!

I've passed your feedback about pricing to our Leadership team, but if you have any other feedback/questions, please reach out to us at [email protected].

Benjamin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

Perfect for Camera Equipment

Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros

What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons

A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it.

I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

Aaron

Reviewed on 29/06/2023

Inventory Management Stress Reliever

Pros

Its user-friendly interface and intuitive design. The software allows us to easily categorize and track our inventory, making it simple to locate items and manage stock levels effectively. It also offers barcode scanning capabilities, enabling quick and accurate item identification.

Cons

Limited reporting options: Some users have mentioned that Sortly's reporting capabilities are not as extensive or customizable as they would like. They may find it challenging to generate detailed reports or extract specific data insights from the software.

Response from Sortly

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Sortly! We are thrilled to hear that our app has helped you stay organized and productive. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

We do offer custom reports on the Enterprise and Ultra plans! We have more information here: https://help.sortly.com/hc/en-us/articles/13315338711835.

Replied 19/07/2023