About Sortly

Sortly Pro is a cloud-based inventory management solution that caters to small and midsize businesses across various industries. Key features include activity tracking, location tracking, inventory management, barcoding and audit...

4.1
4.1

Browse Sortly Reviews

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Great system that has really helped our business

We have a wide inventory with multiple uses. Sortly has helped us consolidate information in one convenient location and given us the opportunity to see all aspects of our inventory under one 'roof.' The check-in/check-out process is quick and easy for anyone on our team and even though we don't use some of the tools that it offers, as our business grows it is nice to know that we have a system that can accommodate our diverse needs.

Pros

The software is user friendly, offers a lot of practical functions, and offers the exact needs for our business. Using it has kept us more organized, more efficient, and has saved us time and money.

Cons

The one feature that I would like to see added is the ability to move items in bulk based on a custom number, not the entire inventory.

Jason
  • Industry: Research

Sortly in the Laboratory Environment

This was exactly the application that I needed when I started our Laboratory inventory system. It is easy for my staff to look up if we have any chemicals on site, and the ability to add custom fields and tags allows us to keep a list of all of our Hazardous materials and link the SDS(new MSDS) forms to the chemicals, as OSHA and other agencies require.

Pros

To be honest, it is 'dumb' software. It has a very basic structure that allowed us to fill in and sort things as we needed to without fighting against any templates or pre-designed structure that got in our way.
It is super easy to integrate the iOS/Android app as a barcode scanner, something that other inventory management software charges *thousands* of dollars for, as well as expensive hardware to use. Most of your employees already have cell phones, or can be issued ones for work easily.

Cons

It is not quite as intuitive of an interface as the design would lead you to expect. A few good video/YouTube tutorials would be helpful.
The team is still developing features as clients give them input, so things can change quickly. App does not always push to update versions and old versions can be out of synch with the database.
Uses Avery labels when I would prefer a zebra printer for printing labels.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 25/04/2020

How do they get the reviews? Its like they have never tried to manage inventory

Inventory management (well, labeling of inventory to be specific)

Pros

The marketing and labels look good - but that is about it.

Cons

The design of the software is a big time suck - after two months of the $120/month fees, my opinion is that its hard to understand how justify the use of this software. It takes way to much time due to the way that it is designed. In my opinion this business has the hall marks of an MBA from silicon valley that is not intimately familiar with the problem they are trying to solve. All the hooks to get you in (and make them lots of money) but none of the features that make you think, wow, that was money well spent, saved me loads of time. Turns out there is a super simple solution to the problem that sortly tries to solve and it doesn't involve a subscription. The main down side is that you don't get the phone app bar code scanner but you do save yourself days creating the labels how you need them. Try lable LIVE pared with your favourite barcode scanner to excel app and you will be further ahead.

Response from Sortly

Hi Andrew. We are very sorry our product fell short of your expectations. Thank you for the feedback as it is helpful for our team's efforts to improve the product and better serve our future and existing customers.

Replied 30/04/2020

Top Sortly Alternatives

Asset Performer

EZOfficeInventory

Benjamin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

Perfect for Camera Equipment

Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros

What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons

A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it.

I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

Robert

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

The App was easy to use and helpful at first, but in the end it did not do everything needed.

I was able to get a pretty solid list of inventory and was able to manage it manually for a few weeks.

Pros

I liked that I was able to take pictures and scan the product into any folder. I liked that i was able to create as many folders as I needed.
I really liked the style and functionality of the app. It just didnt accomplish everything that my bosses needed.

Cons

I was not able to search through my items by quantity, I would like to know what I am out of so that I can restock what I do not have.

It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other users on the account. I pay for Users, and it would be nice to be able to message them about specific items arriving, through the same app. Maybe a notification system of some sort.

I also wish that it were easier to move items back and forth from folder to folder. It is not as user friendly as it should be when it comes to searching for the folder to move the item into. Specifically on the mobile app because when searching for the destination folder you have to click on just the arrows on the right hand side of the parent folder. Maybe implement a quick touch and a hold down action.

It would also be nice to be able to receive boxes and deliveries and be able to sort them into specific folders automatically, based on what is scanned. So predetermined folders.

Sean

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Best inventory tracker I've found

Pros

Sortly is easy to use, helps us update our inventory quickly and accurately, and is well worth the small cost. Having not just a photo, but tags and descriptions for each item is invaluable to our business as many of the designs have similar titles/themes.

Cons

Under the free version we had a limit on the number of items that could be tracked, but once we upgraded to the Pro version we've had no issues or complaints with the software.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Amazing Inventory Tracking

I LOVE how Sortly can reflect exactly what my company specifically is looking for. It is a program with user ease in mind. The customer service support team is also spectacular and they are always able to answer any problems I may run into.

Pros

I love the ease of use, cost, and different functions of the program. It is so simple to customize how this program works.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this software, rather of short comings. I wish the program was able to be imported into QuickBooks on the server based platform.

José Miguel
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

A nice solution for inventory management without the typical problems

One of our problems with our E-commerce stores was handling inventory management in a single and straightforward app. Although we test many other solutions, and all have the same problem, the number of extra features complicates the central part we need. However, after giving it a try to Sortly, subscribing to an annual plan was an obvious decision. The components for online inventory management (including the mobile app) were ideal for us. Until now the experience is excellent, and for sure we stay with the service for more years.

Pros

Folder and subfolders creation
Barcode search and scanner.
Code and label creation.
Easy to use.

Cons

Lack of user interface languages. It would be nice if they added more languages to the preferences.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Great for on-the-Go inventory management

On the whole, my experience with Sortly Pri has been very good.

Pros

As a direct seller with a fair amount of inventory, I love being able to show my customers my product and know if I have any in stock.

Cons

This would be a nearly perfect inventory solution for me if Sortly Pro tied into Square or I could invoice from Sortly Pro

Joey
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

Nice tool to keep track of inventory

Overall, it is a good tool to maintain inventory. However, we have had encountered some minor bugs.

Pros

Sortly would send notification if inventory is below a pre-set amount.

Cons

Sortly requires users to click on descriptions. Users often click the icons instead of the descriptions.

Garrett
  • Industry: Warehousing

I'm a fan of Sortly Pro

Pros

The software is easy to use. The updates have gotten the product significantly closer to the abilities of an enterprise level inventory system.

Cons

Reporting is pretty none existent. I'd love to see some canned reports, now that activity is tracked, on usage. Meaning if you could just have the increments and decrements as opposed to everything else.

Sheng
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Weird Scanner

Overall the app was okay but the scanner part of it not working was a big turn off.

Pros

I thought this app was adequate. Entering items into inventory was pretty easy and it did everything it advertised.

Cons

Even though I initially enjoyed the app, the barcode scanner on it doesn't function properly sometimes. At first it was fine but when I got to about 5 or 6 items, the scanner refused to read barcodes. Also the free version is limited.

Sam

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

After 20+ years of using an outdated inventory system it was a relief to find the Sortly App.

Pros

Everything is set up and easy to use, the interface is straight forward and I was able to get straight to work within minutes. If you have a small business and are ready to get out of old ways of inventory I highly suggest Sortly.

Cons

The hashtag search feature can be a hold up sometimes when doing so many numbers with same tag. I wish there was a way to add a hashtag across an entire album instead of inputting the menu with every number. Also I noticed as inventory builds I have to refresh screen more often as some numbers would become unavailable unless I refresh the screen..

Charley

Reviewed on 06/05/2018

Ok

Pros

Great visual and math features, easy to set up, with multiple folder options. Sorry, I don't have a hundred characters of pros, so I am just writing this to fill in he required space for this review to work.

Cons

Changes made when offline don't seem to sinc when you go online. Contrary to popular belief, don't always get web reception where the goods are, and even if you do, you have to wait for it to reboot after every single entry. If internet is slow, you can go ten times faster on paper.

Kevin
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

Easy and Aforadable

we run a small hvac company and this tool has helped us reduce our spending by allowing our project managers to see what we have on sight that may have been returned from other jobs and prevents us from over ordering. it also allows team members the ability to see what we have on and at a moments notice. this has been a great fit for our company

Pros

Sorry Pro was very easy to setup and to use. I was easily able to add items keep them categorized for easy searches

Cons

for the purpose we are using this i have not found any cons yet. I am still looking

Deven
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

A great product

Pros

- ease of uploading pictures and adding instant tags for future reference
- Being able to create instant presentations to forward to clients. Great for speeding up sales process

Cons

- the software is missing an option for filtering items through multiple tags. Right now, we can select a single tag for filtering. More needs to be done on this front.

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Works great for simple inventory tracking.

100% tracking of our inventory with barcode scanning from cell phone and cost/price separation.

Pros

I like that this supports multi device use, barcode scanning from cell phone and price/cost separation.

Cons

sometimes inventory can give a false number or not fully updated information about a product on a different device than scanned and input from.

Xavier

Reviewed on 20/01/2019

Sortly Pro - Mobile Rehab

We have completely overhauled and streamlined our inventory/asset management processes with Sortly.. we have no complaints and will continue to utilize Sortly Pro going forward

Pros

Ease of use, simple functionality, strong and versatile capabilities

Cons

Tracking history/review of movement among folders

Carolina

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

Does what it needs to but isnt the best

Pros

Sortly was pretty user friendly and helped us with organizing our inventory. It allowed for pictures and barcodes which was useful for similar products.

Cons

The barcode scanner was only available on the phone which we did not want our employees using during work hours.

Alex

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

Overall great. Wish there was a better way of entering inventory faster.

Pros

Love the UX and the feature set. Also love the mobile app. Overall a great product that is easy to use across a team.

Cons

Wish it had more integrations. For example, an integration with UPS or Fedex to automatically enter packages that arrive.

Dan
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Very well made - Great for basic and flexible inventory needs.

Pros

This software works extremely well, the structure of it is brilliant. I love how it integrates with dropbox and creates a filing hierchy.

Cons

I don't like that they introduced the pro, and started charging, but they need to make money some how :)

Anthony

REAL DEAL VALUE INVENTORY

Pros

LOVE how simply it is and the cost isn't a huge burden!

Cons

Nothing, this great! Can't find any complaints!

Justin

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Sortly has been a great help to our small garden.

It's the only software I know of that logs the inventory in such a user friendly fashion.

Pros

I like that it makes our inventory easy to search as it looks for any word within the description or title. I also like how simple it is to add photos.

Cons

The price tag seems a little high. The annual jump is a lot considering there are not many differences between the two. We needed additional logins and printed reports, otherwise, we would have stayed with Plus.

Kelsey
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Adoption is key.

increasing visibility of sample inventory to outside sales team. we've not fully implemented yet, so we're still waiting to see what kind of difference it makes.

Pros

It's digital and trackable. We have multiple outside sales people who need access to sample inventory and may or may not be in the office to view what is on hand, so it allows them to see what as been checked out and who has the sample currently. Our previous system consisted of a paper sign out list that people didn't really use.

Cons

each user has to have individual accounts. it's taking a long time to get all of our inventory loaded into the app. Internally, we're working on adoption of new technology, and getting people to use it consistently, but that's not based on the app

Justin

Reviewed on 02/08/2021

Keep Track of Construction Inventory

Pros

Sortly makes it easy to track inventory so you know what is on hand at all times.

Cons

Printing the labels for the inventory could be more intuitive, there is a way to print multiple labels on one sheet but it is somewhat difficult to discover.