About Klaviyo

Klaviyo is a cloud-based email marketing solution for e-commerce businesses. Key features include integration with multiple platforms, audience segmentation and performance reporting. Klaviyo allows users to send out targeted...

Browse Klaviyo Reviews

Dennis M.

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

A glowing beacon in a saturated market

Fantastic from beginning to end. I would suggest Klaviyo to anyone.

Pros

There are hundreds of email marketing managers, and they all pale in comparison to Klaviyo. Instead of trying to be a jack of all trades, Klaviyo focused on making the best e-commerce marketing platform, PERIOD. The integration with Shopify is an utter game changer, and makes it possible to actually feel in control of your marketing.

Cons

When it comes to Klaviyo, there is a bit of a learning curve. They do make sure there are plenty of resources, so if you want to learn you will.

Sendinblue

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

For the focused look into e-commerce and the commitment to make the best e-commerce marketing resource.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo is more focused on e-commerce which is my primary focus.

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Great for your email marketing needs

Overall, Klaviyo has been fantastic in creating email campaigns and automated campaigns. Their analytics help me make better business decisions.

Pros

Klaviyo does a great job at email marketing. They have great templates for automated emails that help you grow sales. I love how they also have one of the best analytics out of all the other email marketing platforms I've used.

Cons

I wish the designing of the emails was nicer. Their templates are outdated for emails sent five years ago.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 09/08/2018

Great email marketing software for ecommerce!

Pros

I've been using Klaviyo for about 9 months now, and I absolutely love it. It helped me increase the proportion of monthly store revenue by email from 10% to 50% in under 6 months. It's easy to use, easy to integrate with Shopify, and provides awesome functionalities that any ecommerce store could need. Their automated flows (abandoned carts, thank you emails, welcome series) all work seamlessly. They have many email templates to choose from, but you an also create your own templates easily with their template builder. No need to know how to code. Another reason to love Klaviyo is their ability to segment your audience. It's so easy to segment your audience based on their activity and interaction with your website. For example, creating segments of customers who purchased product X but didn't purchase product Y, or customers who viewed a certain product page but didn't make a purchase. By having these segments you can send very targeted emails to them, upping conversion rates. Their support is also fabulous. They're very responsive via live chat and/or email, and really take their time to help you. I've asked them so many things, and every single time I've been given tremendous support. The final reason why Klaviyo is great, is its price point. Other email marketing software such as Hubspot may have more features, but the price is unbelievably high. For a small business like ours where every penny makes a difference, we are so grateful for Klaviyo's prices.

Cons

I love Klaviyo, but what I wish they had is more features. Although, this makes sense because they offer everything at a lower price point than say, Hubspot. Many things are in the works though - I'm constantly in conversation with the support team, and they tell me that sophisticated features are in the works! Despite not having the most features in the email marketing world, this has never been a problem and has never deterred us from getting a lot of revenue from email marketing.

Top Klaviyo Alternatives

Erin L.

Reviewed on 12/01/2020

So Easy To Use!

My experience with Klaviyo has been great overall. We've seen positive changes to our account since implementation and appreciate how easy it is to use.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly, allowing you to regularly test, create your own CTAs, uploaded photos, drag and drop graphic elements, etc. Perfect for a team with zero coding experience. Side Note: Their customer support is top-notch.

Cons

Aside from being very user-friendly on most fronts, building out email flows is a different story. This tends to be a time consuming process that is not as straightforward as it could be.

Listrak
Hjalte R.

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

The best email solution for ecommerce

Klaviyo is hands down the BEST solution for any serious ecommerce shop. If you are using shopify, there is no question, that Klavio is the way to go.

Want to only send an email to people who bought widget a, but not widget B and haven't made a purchase in 3 months? No problem, with Klaviyo, you can easily do that.

What about people who have made a purchase in the last 7 days, and have also spent more than $500 on your site... and not purchased widget c? Not a problem.

How about targeting those exact audiences on facebook? Again, it's as easy as clicking a button. Klaviyo can sync all your segments with facebook.

The only not-so-great thing about Klaviyo, is that it has a slightly steeper learning curve than your usual just-getting-started email service. But the support is great and they have some awesome templates to help you get started.

I could go on and on about how amazing Klaviyo is, but instead I'll just say this: If you have an ecommerce store, you owe it to yourself to test out klaviyo. I am glad I did (and so are my wallet ;)

Pros

Can do pretty much everything, when it comes to email marketing.

Cons

It takes a little longer to get used to. With advanced features come a steeper learning curve.

Angelise S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Great Service!

Our team has used Klaviyo for over a year now and it's great! It has allowed us to increase our email conversion rate and overall revenue!

Pros

It is very easy to create unique customer lists and segments with Klaviyo, this makes appropriately targeting customers a breeze!

Cons

The analytics dashboards can be a little hard to read at times. Klaviyo offers lots of different insights to view and sorting them takes a bit of learning.

• Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

This is great software

We moved from Klaviyo to Mailchimp because of Klaviyo's user interface and ability to create segments to target pretty much any specific audience from our lists that we desire. I also enjoy the customer information Klaviyo collects and makes available in terms of how frequently they order, their churn risk and overall value to the company. It's great!

Pros

It integrates with a lot of CMS services/softwares, it's easy to use, it's versatile, and Klaviyo is a great company

Cons

I guess it could be a little cheaper, but I believe you get what you pay for.

Dustin R.

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Email marketing at it's finest

Overall I have been very happy with our transition to Klaviyo. Well worth the investment.

Pros

Interface is well laid out and easy to navigate. There are tons of options to dig into when setting up flows/campaigns.

Cons

The cost is a bit higher than our previous email provider. I do believe the added functionality is worth it.

Mailchimp and Bronto Marketing Platform

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Cost

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Highly recommended by other E-commerce sellers

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Klaviyo review

Klaviyo helped me to raise the average lifetime value of my customers by offering a very good email platform.

Pros

It is very intuitive and it's very easy to customize emails.
They have a lot of great templates that you can use to make great emails very fast.
It's great for ecommerce.
The open rates were very high with this software.

Cons

It was quite pricey compared to the competition.

Dean D.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Klaviyo 2020

My overall experience is very good with integration and implementation

Pros

I like that Klaviyo email marketing software can combine with sms text messaging. This marketing feature is essential for any size business

Cons

I don’t have any negatives about Klaviyo email software. One suggestion is to integrate the software with a loyalty rewards company

Gabrielle S.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Klaviyo review

Overall klaviyo does the job well in managing email campaigns and reporting

Pros

It’s a great software to manage email subscribers and customers.

Cons

It was hard to sync with zoho and Shopify. We had to go back through and check through customers to make sure their profile would be updated when they updated it on Shopify.

Jordan R.

Reviewed on 06/07/2018

The best autoresponder on the market

I've finally had confidence in my email sequences. Above all I have trust and confidence that the service is integrating correctly and the right emails are being sent out at the right times and look the right way. I'm not constantly worrying that this is being done correctly

Pros

It's pricing and functionality combo. It is designed the best of any email service I've seen, arranged in "flows" for a certain set of emails to automatically happen when an event is triggered. It integrates natively into several platforms including Shopify, making everything completely automated once it is set up. It is also free to use up to 250 contacts, which is quite impressive.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting and editing of the emails aren't quite accurate, it seems like sending tests sometimes yields different results than what is shown in the editor. This is always good practice, but could still be improved in the software. There are a few bugs in the interface that require reloading the page, but I've never lost any work I've done

Alice F.

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Overall pretty good but new features and fixing usability issues are non-existent

Good overall in terms of ease of use and the campaign builders but frustrating that stupid little issues aren't fixed for years and there's nothing new really. I think if you are just starting out with email automation or segmenting your contacts then Klaviyo is a great option.

Pros

It's easy to set up and pretty easy to use. The segmentation is overall pretty good, covering most possible scenarios/properties to group contacts. Flows are quite easy to set up and the campaign drag and drop builder isn't bad.

Cons

We have been using Klaviyo for at least 5 years and I can't think of all that much that has changed in that time. There are usability issues that I, and I'm sure others, brought up 3 or 4 years ago that are still there. They don't have any way to provide feedback or feature requests anymore (that I can see). It just feels a bit like they've got comfortable and aren't working on new features that their users really want/need. Everything just looks a little bit outdated now and I get really frustrated with the limitations of the software.

Mike W.

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Easy Yet Powerful

Pros

Klaviyo is extremely intuitive and has a simple interface. I was an interim email manager and had to learn quickly, and I felt that Klaviyo was the perfect tool to easily setup flows/automations.

Cons

Exporting customer segments and reports seem to take longer than expected. Depending on the size of the export, it can take hours to completely export. Comparing campaign performance is limited, so reliance on spreadsheets is still necessary.

Ian K.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Powerful data segmentation + beautiful email templates + FB integration = More Revenue

I started using Klaviyo as a solution for a retail client whose customer base is made up of people who exhibit a diverse set of categorical interests. With the need for segmentation and better targeting, we quickly realized his existing email provider was incapable of providing this functionality, so we decided to turn to Klaviyo to fill the need. The platform is brilliant, we were able to segment by user attributes and purchase behaviors, we were able to pull in custom product feeds, we were even able to export segments to Facebook for targeted ad campaigns. Klaviyo wins big points for usability, customization and results and we'll continue to use the platform.

Pros

The list segmentation and automated flows are incredibly powerful.

Cons

The product does not yet have a Google Customer Match integration but I'm sure that will be coming down the road.

Response from Klaviyo

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoy using our platform.

Replied 11/11/2016

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

better option for shopify

Pros

it has the best native integration with shopify and lots of flows (automations) that you can use to increase sales

Cons

it's expensive and not the most intuitive to use compared to other email platforms

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Nice features, difficult to use.

Pros

Their level of triggered email sophistication is truly impressive. We made the switch from mailchimp entirely due to this feature.

Cons

Formatting was kind of a hassle. In a space where almost every provider has crisp, clean, easy to use design template features, it's a little frustrating to waste time struggling through a new more difficult design process.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Best Email marketing Tool

Pros

I like the email follow up sequence in the backend with Thank you email that sends automatically to customers also I like the pop-up that appears when a customer wants to close my website.

Cons

I don't have negative to say about this Amazing tool I just love this amazing piece of software

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Great email marketing platform for ecommerce clients

Pros

We have been using Klaviyo for our BigCommerce and Magento clients now for quite awhile and appreciate all of the syncing that takes place between the emails and capturing the sale. It's great to see the trends and what emails brought in most revenue. Getting the platforms to sync takes a little bit of time, but then Klaviyo sets up email drip campaigns for you to customize as well.

Cons

Doing customization of the email drip campaigns takes a ton of time and it's tough to ensure that it's all set up properly. We wish we had a rep to work with because the customer service takes entirely too long when you have to send an email and wait for a response. There is a three hour time difference so we lose out on using the chat feature sometimes too.

Reviewed on 31/05/2020

Great!

We've been able to properly segment our customers and send them the right emails. This has helped us a lot.

Pros

Klaviyo is amazing in handling our email lists. I particularly love how they segment our customers so we don't have to do it manually and can direct our communication with them accordingly. I also love that their customer rep called once I set up our account. It definitely made me feel like I was in the right place.

Cons

I think it's slightly too expensive. The free tier before you start getting charged is quite small.

Chris L.

Reviewed on 18/01/2017

Easy to Use and Incredibly Powerful!

I was new to Klaviyo and, based on a recommendation, decided to use it with a new Shopify store I was rolling out.

Wow, what an incredible piece of software! It integrates beautifully with Shopify, giving me all kinds of power to add customers to email flows or send them one-off emails based on a host of criteria. I can do everything you'd expect from a good email provider, plus things like send emails to everyone who browsed a certain page on the site or everyone who purchased a particular product or who had a certain order size or who hasn't purchased in a certain amount of time. The possibilities are endless.

It's very straightforward and incredibly easy to use. I give it a hearty recommendation for Shopify store owners!

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility and power

Cons

A couple of limitations with its functionality and Shopify integration, such as not being able to trigger an email flow when a customer's shipment gets marked out for delivery, or not being able to save pre-configured blocks of content to drag and drop into every email.

Amy A.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Two great features, but at risk of being made redundant

Pros

The email automation is simple. The cart abandonment works flawlessly (see cons). The Wordpress plugin is decent.

Cons

The simplicity of the email automation will soon be outgrown. It is difficult-to-impossible to duplicate campaigns and significant rework must be done. Cart abandonment is good, but only picked up if they begin to checkout. I wish it worked if they had entered the email address anywhere (ex: if they subscribed to a newsletter and then began browsing, but did not initiate checkout.) The Wordpress plugins are good, but the form options are too limited.

Maria rosario T.

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Email marketing made easier.

Pros

We use this for email marketing and newsletter to our influencers. Flows are easy to setup and ready to use templates. I feel like an expert when using this. It communicates with Typeform and pulls out influencers data input.

Cons

Interface is not user friendly at first but once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine.

Josh F.

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Moving to Klaviyo was one of our best decisions

Our team has used 2 other email systems in the past. Once we moved to Klaviyo we felt that we finally found what we were looking for. Our company is an eCommerce site (running on Shopify), but our products are a bit complex and unique...we don't simply sell items. We have to build a strong relationship with customers to increase return purchases and we rely on communications and education to improve conversions and increase awareness. Klaviyo's system is great at segmenting (automatically and manually) customers into groups that represent the stage of our customer relationship. This makes it very easy and efficient for us to be confident we are sending appropriate messages to the right group of people. We have definitely seen response and conversion increases that we attribute to the software and the automated features have saved us a bunch of time.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/09/2018

Ideal for ecommerce businesses

The main benefit is the increased revenue for businesses that use Klaviyo. Most of my ecommerce clients use this and this helps me with creating better facebook audiences.

Pros

I like the segmentation features. You can create lists of people who bought 2+ times, people who bought goods worth $100 or more. Also you can sync these lists with facebook audiences and this makes retargeting more powerful.

Cons

I don't like the email templates of Klaviyo. And as a software, it might be a little hard for beginners.