Klaviyo Reviews

About Klaviyo

Klaviyo is a unified customer platform that gives your online brand direct ownership of your consumer data and interactions, empowering you to turn transactions with customers into productive long-term relationships—at scale. The...

Browse Klaviyo Reviews

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Better than mailchimp - no question

It's been great. I had one experience with customer support where I felt the person wasn't going to pass on valid feedback (open rates of the first email cut by half due to < 2 hour wait with FB sync). But other interactions with support were great and I also was able to connect with their product manager who promised to look into it. I felt they're a young and flexible team. Also laser focused on email and what email marketers need.

Pros

If you want flexibility in segmenting your drips (or flows as they call it) then you need to use Klaviyo. We were using Mailchimp and kept finding areas that made it time consuming, confusing, or just not built to have a flexible drip campaign where contacts receive emails based on rules.

For example you can easily create a series of emails that are only sent to contacts that meet a specific criteria and do it all within one drip through a "workflow" like drag and drop builder.

You can also sync up to your facebook leads and save money on Zapier which is what you need to use if with Mailchimp.

Cons

While Zapier immediately pulls in leads from Facebook, Klaviyo only syncs every 2 hours. A lead getting a welcome email right away is SUPER important, but this means they don't hear from us for some time and it's negatively impacted our first email open rates -- almost cut it in half.

ConvertKit and Drip

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

There are annoying bugs in Mailchimp or missing features which Klaviyo does beautifully. Most of those issues are related to emails within a drip (flow in Klaviyo). Rearranging the order of emails, reusing blocks from one email in another one without recreating from scratch, creating multiple branches within a drip based on subscriber criteria, A/B testing your emails in a drip, all those are critical and only in Klaviyo.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

I heard good things about it from others, seemed more versatile and matched to our needs.
Grant
Grant
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Great for email marketing, good returns when segmenting properly

It has been great! I've really enjoyed Klaviyo and think that it is the strongest ecom email platform on the market for Shopify merchants. The customization of emails is relatively easy, it has robust feature sets for additions like reviews and sms, and their flows are a hugely important piece to generate passive income. I'd recommend Klaviyo as long as the person onboarding new tools understood how pricing structure works.

Pros

We like to ability to have a strong integration with Shopify and how easy it is to sync lists between other platforms and Klaviyo.

Cons

The hardest things about Klaviyo are understanding pricing around profiles, and how to justify the growing cost of the platform when competitors are starting to flank them on pricing vs features.

Sendlane and Omnisend

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

The integration with Shopify is the biggest reason why we chose Klaviyo over the others, especially at the time (2021).
Sabri

Reviewed on 26/06/2024

does not refund money

Pros

We canceled a plan by mistake, they do not take it back and do not give refunds

Cons

We canceled a plan by mistake, they do not take it back and do not give refunds

Top Klaviyo Alternatives

Finn

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

More Than Just Emails...

Pros

Klaviyo provides a huge tech stack for e-com merchants underneath one umbrella - Email Campaigns, Flow Automations, Targeted Pop-ups, Customer Data Management and more. This reduces the need to duct-tape other tools together and helps deliver a more holistic experience for both the operator & consumers.

Cons

SMS is a huge brand opportunity for many clients and can drive a high ROI. However, credits for brands outside of the US are on average 2x more expensive which does erode the return. If Klaviyo could find a way to standardise/stablise credit costs between countries, more merchants outside of the US might uptake vs other competitor brands.

Drip

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo seemed to have slightly better capability + an extensive library of partner integrations.
simon

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Great Email Tool

great service, support has been outstanding

Pros

Simple to use and setup flows unlike other software, also great support

Cons

Pricing seems a little high compared to others

Dotdigital

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

mail chimp was such a basic service we had outgrown it

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

costs were too high with dot digital, prob too big for us
Luke
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Best email marketing platform we have used.

Migration and set up was long but relatively straightforward.

Pros

Drag and drop editor functionality was the best that I have seen on any platform especially with the customisations that you can do with variances in desktop and mobile versions.

Cons

We don't have a global view of all of our accounts. We do struggle to keep all 8 accounts up to the same standard as our main one.

Dotdigital

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Better email editor with more direct integrations with Shopify. Also cheaper!

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Better email editor for mobile and desktop versions.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Easy to implement, good a/b test features

Pros

Klaviyo is easy to use, implement, and set up. The customer service responded quickly, and there are tons of material to check online if you are stuck with a feature. I love the A-test features on popups and emails. Good integration with Shopify.

Cons

The review form is only in one language.

Xavier

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Great but ramps up in price VERY quickly!

Excellent, just wish it didn't feel like a nasty surprise to hit the higher levels of subscription.

Pros

It's a great tool - Easy to set up templates and to create flows. Great for pop ups (means I had to use one app less!) too. Would recommend.

Cons

It's such a good tool but it's such a shame that as soon as you start to ramp up, the price increase is quite substantial.

Ricardo
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

The king of email marketing to me.

Pros

The features and marketing segmentation are the best I've seen. Can get into deep detail with my emails.

Cons

Can get expensive, especially if using old email lists.

Joshua

Reviewed on 01/07/2024

Helped drive conversion during tough trading times

Pros

Really transformed how we do our marketing campaigns. Especially during the tough times of retail trade we have found it very successful in assisting with our conversion and driving traffic into our stores with a couple of clicks.

Cons

Nothing, its been an overall positive journey using Klaviyo

Meghan

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

My favorite marketing tool

Klaviyo has helped us build our email marketing and is one of my favorite marketing tools/platforms that I use on a daily basis.

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Klaviyo - from the visual/block email builder to the segmentation and automated flows, Klaviyo has helped us level up our email marketing in the past year from zero to thriving. I find it easy to work with on a team and with outside content creators and have gotten so much out of the Klaviyo Live From Your Laptop and Black Friday Bootcamp live webinar series they've run this year.

Cons

My only complaint thus far would be that saved blocks do not update across emails when you make changes (so if you change something in the block you have to go into every email where it is and manually update it to the newest version of the block) - but I have been told this is something that's being worked on.

I will also say that we have gotten much more metrics and ROI out of the platform once we switched our ecommerce over to Shopify (we previously used WooCommerce for which there was integration but not as seamless, and from Webflow for which there were no integrations). Everything about the platform just works so much better with Shopify from the product blocks to the automated flow triggers and we've seen a lot more value in the platform with this integration reaching its fullest potential.

Marcus

Reviewed on 19/03/2023

Used it for 4+ years

We use it every day and there's no real reason for us to switch to another platform.

Pros

It just works. Sure, it's a bit expensive but it's 100% worth it if you know how to do email marketing.

Cons

Expensive.SMS marketing isn't available in Europe.Building forms/popups could be more advanced and customizable.

Drip

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Mailchimp's integration with Shopify was removed for some time, so we decided to make the jump. This was back in 2019, if I remember correctly.

Zenia

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

Worth the price point if you have an audience

Overall I have had a good experience with Klaviyo. They do what they do well. I find them a little expensive, but I can't deny that they have a good quality product. I would recommend this product if you have an established email list, or if you have plans for growing a list quickly. Not sure the price tag would be worth it if you didn't have many clients to write to!

Pros

I find the email builder to be easy to use and the emails look good. The ability to choose different content based on desktop or mobile is HUGE for me.

Cons

My least favourite thing about Klaviyo is probably that you can only upload one image at a time. It's a small thing but it annoys me every time.Also, it bills based on profiles, and takes ALL profiles from your Woocommerce account whether they're signed up for email or not. When I made noises about this, they said I should reduce the number of profiles on woocommerce, but that would mean losing valuable customer data in an industry where customer relationships can last for decades.

Emotive and Attentive

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

We were interested in trying SMS, and I liked that Klaviyo allowed me to use email and SMS while avoiding sending both to the same customer at once. Full disclosure: I did end up swapping to Attentive for SMS because their sign up form got way more traffic in the free test.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

The ability to set campaigns and journeys to behave differently if the customer was subbed to SMS and/or email. Again, I did end up swapping to Attentive for SMS, but I really do like Klaviyo for email.
Sam

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Well worth the money

Despite the cons I laid out above, if you do have decent traffic and a good list size, you're missing out by not using klaviyo.

Pros

Klaviyo is the gold standard in eCommerce email & SMS marketing for a reason. It serves as a central hub for all your customer data and is the foundational building block for a strong segmentation & CLV strategy. It's extremely powerful with lots of features to tailor your marketing to your specific business case. I've also been very pleased with Klaviyo's customer support and educational resources.

Cons

Let's face it — this isn't the cheapest email software out there. For small eComm companies that are just starting out, it likely isn't the best option. The price isn't justified unless you have a decent-sized list and traffic on your site. It's also complex so there's a little bit of a learning curve.

Douglas

Reviewed on 20/08/2022

The best email management system

I have no complaints with Klaviyo. It's a great system I use everyday.

Pros

Klaviyo is the best Ecommerce email platform. It's the place for your lifetime value and segmentation strategy. And the customer service is second to none. It has so many features, and can do anything you need.

Cons

It's expensive, so if you're looking for something cheap, look elsewhere. Since it's also tiered, you should have a minimum number of subscribers and revenue per month to make it worth it.

Reviewed on 29/06/2020

Never going back to anything else but Klaviyo

Pros

The integration with Shopify Stores and the ease of building flows makes this a game changer. Additionally the bulk discount code builder gives Shopify functionality outside of Shopify that makes "one less app" for my store. Finally the native Form Builder in Klaviyo is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish one Klaviyo Account could connect to multiple Shopify Stores, this causes some problems for our operations. Additionally I wish building segments was faster, some advanced segments take very long to build.

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

One of the best options for E-Commerce brands

Pros

Klaviyo is extremely easy to use. For employees that are less tech savvy, it's a great option. The integration with Shopify is pretty much flawless. MMS messaging is extremely easy for both broadcast sends and automated sends. If you have an online store, I don't think you should use another automation platform.

Cons

Segmentation and triggering workflows based on user segments are a bit more limited than tools like Braze or Iterable.

Connor

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

The #1 email marketing platform for eCommerce brands.

Pros

I love the ability to integrate Klaviyo with all the essential apps within my eCommerce businesses to enable extremely powerful automated flows to send the right messages at the right time.

Cons

I wish the pricing was a bit more comparable to Mailchimp, but when setup properly the results make it worth it. Additionally, I wish the SMS feature was a bit better and more polished.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

Marketing Automation with support and deliverability concerns

In August 2015... I was convinced I needed a better email marketing solution with automation. Klaviyo is/was much more expensive than other basic email services (MailChimp, getResponse, AWeber) but the marketing automation was arguably a great investment with good ROI.

I integrated K with my site (Americommerce) and discovered that the only way to make K to work was via middleware, "CartSync" which cost about $100/month. It was imperfect. Bare minimum metrics. Marginally useful. I accepted the limitations and launched.

Klaviyo support manager's exact words to me were, "Why don't you move to Shopify?" Those words resonated...

10 weeks later when I decided to actually replatform to Shopify, getting Klaviyo support to answer a basic question was a frustrating experience. K support earned a reputation as only slightly better than useless.

Then there was the "integration disconnect" bug -- the connector to my Shopify store was shut off by Klaviyo, without notification -- ah, but there was an email -- sent by a spammy server (non-transactional) that never saw the light of day. We learned that K was sending TRANSACTIONAL EMAILS from a marketing server. And this email was getting flagged as spam by many mail servers.

In the mean time, I was a presenter at am ecommerce conference and when I asked who used Klaviyo, many raised their hand... then I asked, "is anyone satisfied with Klaviyo support?" -- the room's reaction caused the Klaviyo rep in the room to text his management team - and before the end of the session we were told K was hiring 4 new support reps.

SO the consensus was:
Klaviyo usually works great
Klaviyo has lousy support
Klaviyo is relatively expensive as your customer list grows
Klaviyo is very powerful.

But Klaviyo *had* an issue with their email hitting a spam RBL...

When I went to send a preview email for a campaign, it was flagged as spam. When I tried sending Klaviyo subscribe emails from 10 different stores that I knew to use Klaviyo, they all went to SPAM.

I was able to get Klaviyo removed from the offending RBL - but until a call from Klaviyo's director of product at T+30 hours, the silence from Klaviyo was deafening.

Then Cyber Monday's failure...

I'm still a K customer for today, but I will probably not be a customer in 60 days.

I still think the product is amazing, but no-confidence in deliverability and the history of limited support forced me to seek an alternative.

Pros

Incredibly powerful rules and automation flows. SUPER TIGHT integration with Shopify.

Cons

Deliverability is a concern. Support is slow to respond.

Tareq
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

The best tools to seamlessly create and schedule campaigns across email

Klaviyo has revolutionized the way we organize our campaigns via email. With Klaviyo's help, we have expanded our campaign scope and targeted new customer segments. Its robust analytics and reporting capabilities have allowed us to create and update our database continually, keeping us informed of consumer trends and interests. Thanks to Klaviyo, we can stay ahead of the competition and connect with our customers more effectively.

Pros

Klaviyo is an excellent platform that simplifies email campaign setup with automation and easy post scheduling. It provides a plethora of email templates suitable for all needs, making campaign creation hassle-free. Moreover, we can quickly adjust and reuse previous campaigns to fit the new content, saving time and effort. The segmentation tools enable us to create custom lists effortlessly, resulting in targeted mailings and improved results. The product suggestion feature, which is based on customer behavior, is a standout feature as it allows us to create campaigns that cater to customer aspirations. Klaviyo integrates seamlessly with our core marketing channels, and its analytics and reporting capabilities are top-notch.

Cons

Klaviyo's ease of use is unparalleled. Its modern user interface is effortless to navigate, and the platform offers a plethora of ready-made templates that cater to all our needs. Moreover, their support team is exceptional, always responsive and helpful, making the entire experience seamless.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

A good, full-featured enterprise ESP solution

Overall, the experience has been great. I think they hype some of the buyer indicators and data collection, which is fine but nothing special, but it's a great email platform.

Pros

The IP warming and migration process was very smooth with no hiccups. The Klaviyo team are experts and it shows. We felt confident in their ability to successfully transition ESP platforms. The product itself is quite good and does everything you would expect it to.

Cons

Like all ESPs, it has it's own unique idiosyncrasies. No deal breakers, but some of the functions can be a bit clunky.

Zapier

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

More developed features out of beta
RACEHL

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

6+ Years on Klaviyo

Pros

I love the ease of use, likely because we've used it for so long and I'm so familiar with the platform. When they do make updates, it's not too much at once in the way many companies go about updating. The email editor is simple, the ability to a/b test is as well. Overall great functionality.

Cons

I think the native content boxes can be more customizable although they are improving slowly. I'd love to be able to set the font sizes on mobile to be a percentage of the size on desktop instead of choosing multiple font sizes. They used to have amazing support, it's nowhere near where it used to be.

Michele

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

Great platform but poor CS

The platform itself is great. The level of service from our Customer Success rep is awful. It's like crickets when you try and contact them for an issue. So our team usually contacts both Support and our CS rep. And most of the time Support replies first. You would think a dedicated CS rep who provide a level of service that you'd want to recommend to others. Instead, we never know when we'll hear from our rep. We cross our fingers that Support can answer our questions. I think that's ridiculous. Klaviyo needs to improve this most definitely.

Pros

Klaviyo integrates very easily with so many platforms. It's easy to use and has great segmentation tools.

Cons

SMS is not great. They recently rebranded which completely throws me off with their new color choice. I almost felt like the rebrand was a way to cover up a whole lot of changes that they didn't want people to notice.

Omnisend , Mailchimp and Listrak

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Best tool for ecommerce

Pros

You don't need coding or a dedicated IT team to use Klaviyo and still you get to build all your transactional comms and tailor the experience for your customers. The documentation in Klaviyo Academy is amazing, other platforms give you articles, Klaviyo give you videos. Integrations work great, event if it takes a couple of minutes to trigger the actions.

Cons

They have a small delay in user-triggered actions. You can integrate with many many tools, but be patient with the triggers. Sometimes you may think you automation is not working properly but it's just that Klaviyo is taking a couple of minutes to pull the information from the third-party tool.

Alice

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Overall pretty good but new features and fixing usability issues are non-existent

Good overall in terms of ease of use and the campaign builders but frustrating that stupid little issues aren't fixed for years and there's nothing new really. I think if you are just starting out with email automation or segmenting your contacts then Klaviyo is a great option.

Pros

It's easy to set up and pretty easy to use. The segmentation is overall pretty good, covering most possible scenarios/properties to group contacts. Flows are quite easy to set up and the campaign drag and drop builder isn't bad.

Cons

We have been using Klaviyo for at least 5 years and I can't think of all that much that has changed in that time. There are usability issues that I, and I'm sure others, brought up 3 or 4 years ago that are still there. They don't have any way to provide feedback or feature requests anymore (that I can see). It just feels a bit like they've got comfortable and aren't working on new features that their users really want/need. Everything just looks a little bit outdated now and I get really frustrated with the limitations of the software.