About Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Bullhorn provides cloud-based CRM solutions for relationship-driven businesses. The solution offers automated data capture and customer insight technology to help companies win customers and keep them engaged. Bullhorn’s CRM...

3.7
4.1

Browse Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

1,017 of 1,017 reviews
Wendy

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

Bullhorn for your Daily Use- Staffing Recruiters Best Friend

Bullhorn is both our ATS and CRM. We utilize the tool on a daily basis for Activity Tracking, Reporting, Job Order Management and Candidate Search. The tool has helped bring everyone to a common platform with a common process. This has helped us maintain better performance metrics, overall reporting and candidate engagement.

Pros

Bullhorn is a great tool that is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The time to get a recruiter or an account manager up to speed on the basics of Bullhorn is relatively simple. Getting people to use all the power of Bullhorn is where consistent reminders and training is needed. The tool is great for tracking anything and allows you to forget because you can set reminders to follow up on items, track past emails, etc. The tool really will change how you recruit.

Cons

Bullhorn has lots of great tools out of the box so it is best to explore this before completing too much customization and automations. You may find better out of the box ways to do things versus spending money on customizations that you don't need or use after going live.

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

Easy to use and very intuitive

Really great - fantastic support team

Pros

Its easy to set up and use and has a user friendly interface

Cons

No built in reporting function as standard

itris

Reasons for Choosing Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Other system was outdated and not giving us anything back

Voyager Infinity

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Nicer user interface and ability to integrate with other software
Jon Ryan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 06/11/2022

Bullhorn - Overall Quality is excellent

Overall experience using this tool is Excellent. Highly recommended and you will surely won’t regret it.

Pros

Bullhorn is very user friendly and very convenient to use specially when you are familliar to any CRM tools.

Cons

Whenever there is an update I need to clear cache my browser to refresh the Bullhorn settings.

LinkedIn Jobs and LinkedIn for Business

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Has much higher capacity of storage and great latency for users.

Top Bullhorn ATS & CRM Alternatives

LinkedIn for Business

Voyager Infinity

Casee

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

Not great for corporate recruiting

My experience with Bullhorn as our internal ATS has been less than stellar. Overall, I do think it's a good product, but I do not think it is for the corporate side of things. I think this system is much more beneficial for recruiting agencies who are hiring at multiple clients. However, for recruiters that are only hiring internally, it is extremely clunky and very difficult to use.

Pros

One of the main pros is the cost, it is definitely an affordable system that fit well within our budget. Also, it does look appealing to the eye when looking at a first glance.

Cons

Unfortunately, I have many more cons that pros for this system. First, the training during implementation was horrible. The person that was training me clearly was not trained herself and made it very difficult to pick up on the different areas of the system. Then, the entire implementation process has been a nightmare. It was extremely difficult for my tech team to even get the system up and running, which months later it still isn't. During the implementation, I was told several times by the trainer that we had no Account Manager or sole point of contact at Bullhorn, but that everything had to go through the help desk. About 5 months into having access to the system, I found out that not only did I have an Account Manager the whole time that I was never told about, but it was actually the person who sold me the system in the first place. Also, it has been extremely difficult to integrate Bullhorn with Indeed, which is where we get a large portion of our applicants from. Lastly, I do not find this system user friendly at all. It is very clunky and hard to navigate, there are just too many moving parts. You need to go to several areas to do one small thing in the system which is very frustrating when you are pressed for time.

Response from Emily

Hi Casee,
I'm extremely sorry to hear that Bullhorn is not fitting your needs. We strive to provide useful and meaningful training and services, and I'm sorry to hear that we have not met that goal for you. Please feel free to connect with me via email ([email protected]) if you would like to further discuss these issues and how Bullhorn can improve to meet your needs. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Best,
Emily Saquet
Customer Marketing Specialist

Replied 11/10/2016
Matthew
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

Bullhorn review

My overall experience with BH has been good. I suggest that each company create an outline of what they want the system to do and what they want out of it, then customize it to get out of it what you need.

Pros

I really like the to really customize the software for each companies specific weants & needs.

Cons

I always felt the ability to search out specific candidates was lacking but that may be more of how my company used the system. You really need to put a lot of information in about each candidate in order to really get the full benefit of searching for specific candidates.

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Bullhorn

Works overall well for our needs, it's a bit pricey but does the job for a staffing firm

Pros

It's easy to pick up if you're a new user, the navigation is intuitive and it's rather easy to find what you need, input data, etc.

Cons

There's a lot of bugs and issues when it comes to logging in to sessions, it kicking you out too quickly, and a lot of features are either redundant or don't exist. (ie. you can't delete a company profile?) It's also difficult to edit features in the field mapping, acts too much like coding if you're not familiar with how to make those changes.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Cheaper and acts as more of an ATS which we need
Talib

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

A great tool to use with a few minor issues

Overall the experience was good but if we knew what we know now, we might have opted for a different tool or at least we would have done more research

Pros

I like the GUI the most as the simplicity and the ease of use of this tool makes it a fantastic product

Cons

I like the IT support the least, I think there could be a lot more support that could have been given to us when we were implementing and having some issues at the start of the implementation

Bullhorn for Salesforce

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

We already had an existing relationship with Bullhorn with our US office
Scott

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

Good Platform

This is a good platform that is trying to continuously improve its product to keep up with the evolving industry.

Pros

The product is easy to use and navigate from the start. There are some good reports generated once you figure out the "behind the scenes".

Cons

During my time there were a few acquisitions by Bullhorn that were meant to help with automation. The roll-out of the new tools was slow and clunky.

Precious

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Ease of usean intuitive interface

This is a world class tool for me to manage human resources and clients but I feel an improvement in technical support services and less downtimes will make it more enjoyable

Pros

The graphic user interface is modern, simple and instinctive to use while still retaining all the functionality of a top ATS and CRM tool.

Cons

The technical support response is not consistent

collins

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

recruiters friendly tool

good choice for CRM solutions for relationship-driven businesses.

Pros

Reporting of activities, searching for the right employees, tracking most of your tasks that needed to be done that it serve as a reminder. great tool to enhance metrics in performance with clients.

Cons

Good customers support if there is any problems that needed to be fixed. Sometimes become cumbersome to navigate

Wyatt

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

Mostly good, with fixable needed improvements

It's been mostly positive. I've used TEKsystems' internal ATS and CRM, and I've used Greenhouse. As a staffing company, I don't think Greenhouse is the right tool. Bullhorn definitely hits the must-haves, but there are many ways it could improve that don't seem like asking too much.
If my complaints with the product are just my lack of knowledge of the product offering, that would mean they could do a better job of teaching the best use-cases and practices of their product.

Pros

The 'Last People Contacted' is a very useful tab to have auto-loaded. Finding candidates can be difficult without it considering you need their number memorized, if they have a common name, or their profile name is different than the name you call them (Charles vs Chuck).
The moving across stages from 'Connect' to 'Placement' is aesthetically pleasing and well designed.

Cons

Tracking which candidates are in play and submitted should be front and center on "My Dashboard". The cards available on "My Dashboard" are nearly all irrelevant to the recruiting lifecycle, making it fairly useless apart from "My Activity" if the admin sets some goals for you. Even the "Recruiting Manager" dashboard report is fairly useless as it only tracks candidates who's stage hasn't changed in 5 days. It is still important to track candidates within that 5 day timeframe so it should be easier to see that.
The Last Note should show up on "Latest Comment" on the candidates profile page. There's often 'one-too-many-clicks' instances or journeys that should be trackable by a ML engine, or just customer surveys, and then make those changes to the product, introducing a one-click suggestion button, or just making those actions easier to find via the profile.

Darshan

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Excellent Recruitment Platform

Collaboration between many other teams which is used in hiring process is a lot easier using Bullhorn. It helps us to keep each and everything track in a timely manner. Mass Emailing is the effective feature where you can send emails to many candidates whom we are exactly looking at without a candidate knowing them that it's a mass email because the mail looks as if you have sent the mail personally.

Pros

User friendly complexity is reduced a lot compared to the old version of software. It has an option to save the visa status of the candidate. Tracking candidates and updating their status if they are available in the market or not is easy. Using it couple of time makes you an expert in it. Picks up the exact candidates which we are looking for based on the key skills which we have used. It has an option to leave notes which helps other users in the same company to know in the candidate is interested or if any others have reached the same candidate. Each user has his own dashboard to check the number of submission done and the interviews. total number of candidate on boarded. Its lot worth than what we are paying . Loading time is less which helps us to reach many candidates with short duration of time. All the mails sent to the candidate is saved in the history which is more helpful. You can find the candidates profile by just making a search be his address or name or by his contact number.

Cons

if the resume is in the PDF format then this cannot be downloaded in the DOCX format. When we are facing an issue we don’t have a source to gain knowledge about it only the training of this software is given at particular time. I see that there is a bit delay in the customer service response. When we open three to four new tab and open new jobs in each and refresh the highlighting part will be interchanged.

Karrah

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand!

I have been using Bullhorn for almost a year now - our company has been with the software for at least 5 years and they are doing everything right. At the beginning of this year my organization decided to add Sense Messaging as another way of engaging with our clientele (best decision we've made). These two pieces of software are connected on my platform and have benefited PMC together and on their own too. When we text our clientele through Sense Messaging it automatically is in the database system allowing PMC to keep track of all of the important conversations with our candidates for reference. Bullhorn has solved many business problems with its simplicity also by simply with its ability to communicate with us. The software provides all the information we need to communicate in our industry. Bullhorn has allowed PMC to keep up to date with our clients' needs in positions and our candidates interests and success to meet their goals. Bullhorn is a computer software program progressing with the times of recruitment.

Pros

Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand - well both of my hands technically - click the mouse with my right hand and type with my left hand when need be. Bullhorn is easy to use, easy to read, it's organizational, it gives you the ability to edit and delete incorrect notations and through contact with Bullhorn's Support Services we've been able to have the software edited for an addition of information that has helped us understand our consumers better to meet their needs. What is most loved about Bullhorn on my end as a Front Desk Agent is having the ability to create and edit templates. I am on the phone from 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday speaking to candidates and clients. Through all this beautiful chaos I am also transferring our customers to our recruiters, payroll admins, and directors. With the opportunity to build and create templates, I have been able to color code, have the message set up, ready to go, and tag my coworkers for knowledge all within a matter of seconds whilst assisting someone else at the same time. There is not a perfect experience to dedicate knowledge here as I successfully complete this task every time. Could not ask for a better resourceful and system.

Cons

Every perfect piece of software comes with its defects. No person is perfect and nothing they create is perfect either. Bullhorn is stubborn in the category of taking extra steps. When I receive resumes via email, I can simply parse them in no strings attached. However, if I try to parse a resume that has been sent via fax, the option is not there. As a user, one must add the candidate, save the candidate and then go back and merge if the candidate is already on file. A lot of baby steps but doable when need to be done. When candidates apply through our website, Bullhorn is outstanding and automatically merges the file into our system. Sometimes if the candidate is already in our system, Bullhorn merges the two files together and sometimes the software does not which creates confusion for our notetaking and reach outs. Thankfully knowing this, I am always 100% on the lookout for those doppelganger files and ready to merge them to create less confusion for my coworkers and our clientele.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

Evaluation of Bullhorn Recruiting Software for Use by a Smaller Retained Executive Search Firm

I had a personal, on screen demonstration of this product by a rep on Mon Nov 21, 2016 starting at about 11:00 AM PST. Using Citrix I looked at a custom screen demonstration while Adam Cuomo and I spoke by phone. (My rep and I were the only 2 people involved in this presentation.) At the beginning I explained how a small partnership or “solo” retained executive recruiter operates. Although it should be noted that I started my search career working for a larger recruiting firm. And that I am generally familiar how large and small recruiting firms in California and the U.S. function internally. And later I remembered that I had actually evaluated at least two different recruiting software packages in the past. During the on-screen evaluation Mr. Cuomo gave me enough feedback and comments to indicate that he had a really competent understanding of this niche or the overall recruiting business.

The Bullhorn software appears to function beautifully. The Bullhorn software or system catalogs candidate profiles, open search projects, communication with candidates and clients, interview schedules, status and feedback reports, etc. And it apparently can accomplish a “housekeeping” function that I didn’t expect. That is, one component of Bullhorn is that it can apparently import a “resume” submitted by email or scanned into a system. And then catalog that candidate profile into the recruiter’s database of contacts. Where there are multiple recruiting consultants working for the same firm --- it helps to insure that everyone “is on the same” as to contacts with all candidates and client organizations. The cost for a small one-user firm like mine was estimated at monthly. The user’s database is kept in Bullhorn’s cloud storage.

For my method of executive search Bullhorn is not necessary. All of my recruiting history is in my head or “searchable” by a key word on my Mac’s hard drive. And that recall can be enhanced by a standard Google-search on the web or access to any private database that I might have access to. It would, however, be a consideration if I ever added a partner to the business. As it stands, however, it provides more structure that most small firms probably need.

But there was one aspect or component of the Bullhorn offering that could be immediately useful to a small search practice like mine. And that is the ability to neatly and efficiently input resumes that come to me in differing formats into my own structured database of contacts and potential candidates. I don’t have time to personally do this. And it’s often difficult to find and schedule in a support person who can effectively do this with my personal email records and the file notes from my searches. And there is always a concern with confidentiality when outside staff is engaged.

Pros

It appears to really function beautifully. And it's a fit with a retained executive search organization's needs. And it appears to be reasonably priced.

Cons

It probably has a more limited utility for a one or two person retained executive search firm.

Tim

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

Bullhorn Review December 2016

I have used Bullhorn since 2007 in two different companies. In the first instance, I helped integrate Bullhorn into the company and found Bullhorn support extremely helpful in migrating our data from our old system into Bullhorn. The process went smoothly and our deadlines were met; I still remember this after all these years. I continue to use Bullhorn in my current company and find it an extremely effective tool.

Pros

Bullhorn Technical Support is simply amazing. I am in awe of their customer service and their knowledge of the system. Customer Service for me means that I'm not put on hold for an inordinate length of time nor am I forced to leave a message after negotiating with a voicemail system that requires me to struggle with too many options. I greatly appreciate Bullhorn Technical Support's sending me a follow up email to any issue I may have had; these emails help me to remember the issue and how it was resolved. Lastly, I realize that Bullhorn has many partners in its Marketplace but I do not receive solicitation calls from them; this is very important to me, as I receive many such calls from other vendors and it is a burden to say the least.

Cons

I do not remember which version of Bullhorn I used at my first job (from 2007 to 2013). I do know, however, that when I started to use Bullhorn in my second job one of the features that was available in the earlier version (ability to run ad hoc reports based on the various fields in Bullhorn records) was no longer available. I found this feature extremely useful as a Bullhorn administrator for my company and regret that it's no longer available; it provided a level of detail and a freedom of reporting that is not found in the canned reports. I understand that Bullhorn's maintaining such a feature can be a heavy one, but I miss this feature nonetheless. I think it was called Bullhorn 360. Lastly, I do have one other comment. I love the "Merge Record" feature but I find it very complicated to choose the secondary record from the list after I've chosen the primary record first. The primary record shows up as an option when choosing the secondary record for the merge. This is a small detail but one that would be wonderful to correct.

Reviewed on 14/10/2016

Grab the Bull by the horn with Bullhorn

How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn’s streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.

Pros

Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call.
Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development.
Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.

Cons

Integration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product.
New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page.
System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.

Reviewed on 18/05/2016

Good but not perfect

We have been using Bullhorn since the start of Bullhorn. The software does what we need it to - most of the time. There are many options to partner with different companies that work seamlessly with Bullhorn. We are always looking for the latest and greatest to make our jobs easier so we always hope for more options where this is concerned so we can tie as much as possible right into our Bullhorn processes.

They have made a lot of improvements and additions to Bullhorn in the past year, but not all things work the way a regular user may think. The way to pull lists now, is not the same as it used to be. For example. If you are trying to generate a list of client contacts based on recent placements, there is no real easy way to do this now (like you used to be able to do). You either have to go in each placement one by one and add the client contact to a distribution list or do a million steps which sometimes does not work. Pulling this list used to be very easy and now you can no longer do this the way you used to be able to. Some processes are not as user friendly to figure out so we always hope Bullhorn is making adjustments - getting into the mind of the users and how they might think to do things, rather than a multi step process that takes calling Bullhorn directly to figure out.

We recently started using the NPS to survey our clients. We have used other products in the past to generate this same gauge for customer satisfaction, and there definitely can be more improvements to this to make it better. We would love to see a better way to add clients to the survey based on placements without having to open each placement one by one and going into the client contact to add them to the survey. Same as most issues. We want to pull client lists quite often based on the placements we make and there seems to be no quick, clear and direct way to do this.

We have had some issues with seamless functions with more advanced things - i.e. In building out an on boarding/application portal WITH the Bullhorn developers, we have experienced a lot of issues when people are trying to apply to our jobs. trying to get things worked on can take a VERY long time for these more advanced fixes. If it is just a general fix in the system, the response time is usually very good.

Pros

It does what any staffing firms needs. good selection of programs that can be integrated (but you can never have too many options!)

Cons

down times/issues do come up
could use better process for doing certain searches (noted in review)

Stacey

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Great ATS, the best one I have used as a Recruiter

Bullhorn ATS is overall a great tool for our recruiting team and we enjoy using it. It integrates well with a lot of the other tools we use to improve the candidate experience including Herefish, LinkedIn, TextUs, etc. Wish customer support was a bit stronger with stronger, long-lasting solutions, but overall we like it.

Pros

Integrates with a lot of other software we use like TextUs, Herefish, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Jobs, etc. We also like that it has a lot of capability and functionality, more than other ATS's I have used. It also has a fairly easy to use interface and a lot of training materials, which makes it easy to onboard new recruiters on to our team.

Cons

Customer Support is very unhelpful when we try to add new functionality, suggest Bullhorn updates, or if we have a system issue. We have not been impressed with their problem-solving or timely support.

Martin
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Change request take too long

Pros

There is a wide marketplace of third party partners who can offer additional features that can easily be implemented into the core product.

Cons

Time scale to deliver changes that require assistance from Bullhorn are too long.

It would be good to have a fast track option for minor changes.

Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Profile was no longer fit for purpose and lacked many new features.

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Bullhorn ATS - Is just the best

I recommend Bullhorn to many of our staffing clientele, I always go back to all the features Bullhorn provides, all of the integrations we use (Indeed/LinkedIn) to name a few. The ease of use is a big one for us and it just works so well with our business!

Pros

Bullhorn is so user friendly first off! When i train new employees on the use and flow of Bullhorn I have never had an issue with them not understanding. There are so many training videos that show step by step instructions on how to move throughout Bullhorn that are so helpful!

Cons

There are sometimes latency issues, but this seems to get fixed quite fast! Other than that, we typically do not have many issues within Bullhorn that are worth complaining about.

PCRecruiter

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Bullhorn won in all categories for our business plan, and we are very happy with our decision.
Angelena

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

A powerful CRM with great resources for future development

The fact that Bullhorn never stops on the achieved results make us believe that their functionality can bring even more benefits in the future. This vendor can surprise their customers with a lot of new features, each of which is equally qualitative to the previous standard package of abilities.

Pros

This is a tool where everything is ready at hand. Bullhorn offers opportunities for lead generation, as well as for requirement delivery. The management process is seamless and does not require creating API linkages between multiple programs. All the information about each user/employee is organized in a logical and visually convenient form. Besides, the program offers easy and fast abilities to contact each other inside the system and share some important files. It is incredibly important for our company to be ahead of the competition and to make as many people of our target audience as possible aware of our services. We do believe that Bullhorn is really what we need for this aim to come true. With its help, our company can easily gather like-minded fellows in one team to create really unique and thoughtful ideas and run successful projects.

Cons

To tell the truth, it was hard to find anything we do dislike about Bullhorn. There are just some small shortcomings we would like to see improved in the future releases. For instance, our company would appreciate greatly if Bullhorn paid more attention to their ATS functionality. Very rarely, but still, there might be some problems with the e-mails arrival (personally, we faced this error just once or twice). In general, Bullhorn is a satisfactory platform.

Richard
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Comprehensive Design

Bullhorn provides a complete servicing platform for all stages of candidate recruiting. We are able to manage our client and candidate contact lists, our jobs, payroll, onboarding, and more.

Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws.

With recent mergers, our company has experienced exponential growth during 2016. With that growth comes the challenge of integrating client and sales data, as well as candidate data. With Bullhorn, the integration was seamless. All of the data was easily uploaded into our established Bullhorn database and we experienced no downtime.

As a Staffing Agency, our entire organization uses Bullhorn CRM. Bullhorn is our main recruiting tool allowing us to easily manage sales leads, candidate leads, and all levels of the staffing process. It effectively addresses the time issue; this tool saves us a great deal of time by organizing each of our processes in a general tab format.

Pros

Organization - The layout of the Bullhorn interface is simple. This makes training new users easy and makes working in bullhorn stress-free.

Detail - Bullhorn allows us to enter and retrieve a great amount of detail within records. This allows for accurate reporting and follow-up.

Customization - Bullhorn is very customizable. We can easily add components and fields to the interface within each function of the CRM.

Cons

User Interface - Though highly customizable, the windows and popups can be quirky. The sizes of windows for example can sometimes be to small for the data contained and require a great deal of scrolling to navigate through.

Email Capability - Bullhorn would be better with a full service email suite which included all of the functions of MS Outlook for example.

Data speed - We all want to work faster. Bullhorn can sometimes be a bit sluggish with the transmission of data.

Reviewed on 31/01/2019

One Stop Shop

Overall, I can still say that Bullhorn is the best recruiting software. I would highly recommend this tool to other staffing firms.

Pros

Bullhorn is the best ATS I have ever used. It is very user-friendly. It only took me a day to know my way around bullhorn. It allows you to edit fields while you are looking at the list. This is very helpful as you do not need to click on a specific link to have it edited. Also, I love that it is integrated with MS Exchange as email conversations are recorded and can be seen by all internal employees. In addition, it is very easy to track the progress of each requisition. Bullhorn also allows you to set up reminders which are very helpful for busy recruiters like me. I love that text messages are also recorded in the system. Lastly, they have an awesome technical support team! Way to go!

Cons

For me, Bullhorn can still improve on tearsheets. Recruiters should be able to edit fields without them having to click a specific link/candidate. It would be very beneficial if they would add this feature as most job postings are really fast-moving. Another thing that I have noticed is with duplicate candidates. Sometimes I add a specific candidate and it shows me, 50 plus duplicate candidates. When I try to click one, it's nowhere similar to the resume that I uploaded. I hope they can do something about this.

Juli

Reviewed on 31/01/2017

Bullhorn for Staffing Agencies

I generally like using Bullhorn and its functionality. Once you figured out how to use it, it's practical and quick.
We are a staffing agency with 20 producers and it's fairly easy to customize for Recruiting and Sales. Staying on top of data accuracy and documentation is an issue because a lot of functions have to be done manually. An automation of some kind would be helpful and I can't imagine using Bullhorn efficiently for a larger organization.

Pros

- Easy to use for a small operation such as ours
- Great customer service
- Regular updates to the software

Cons

- New features are rarely communicated and it's difficult to find out what products were added and are available to me (We have Bullhorn S release and lots of functionality is available but I wouldn't know about)
- Some type of automation would be needed to make daily processes easier, for example, buttons to track calls vs. having to add a note
- Currently no data mining tool available for no cost that would allow to clean up data.

Response from Emily

Hi Juli,
Thank you for your feedback regarding are communication style with new features. We strive to provide a great experience and provide our customers with all the information that they need to be successful, and it is helpful to know where we can improve. I will send you a private email with a link to the customer portal. In addition to great learning videos, the portal also provides detailed monthly listings of all new features, updates, bug fixes, etc. If there is anything else that I can help with, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Replied 03/02/2017
Jesica
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Great for recruiters

This platform turned out to be really handy for candidate recruiting. Users should pay special attention to the report functions, as they are really helpful in recruiting. For people who like everything individually organized and neat, it’s a lifesaver.

Pros

- A truly simplistic layout
- Seamless integration of all data from different sources to one complete Bullhorn database.
- Efficient tasklist and search
- Managing client and talent leads has become much easier
- A real time saver
- Contact list is searchable and easy to navigate
An extremely useful service for integrating databases (e.g. client and sales, recruiting data etc). Bullhorn is one of the best CRM’s I have worked with. Simple, clean visuals, intuitive functions, good integration features. Allows synchronization with other programs and tools.
- Customizable, with lots of functions
- Compatible with tons of other software

Cons

- Some problems with user interface, like popups
- Refreshing posts is sometimes delayed, especially if they are close in time
- Small window sizes, requires lots of scrolling action
- Speed – data transmission could be much faster
- Needs a lot of updating and administration (which is honestly the problem of all CRM sofrware)
- Keeps old data which you have to delete manually, or it will interfere with current priorities