About FreshCheq

FreshCheq is a cloud-based task management solution that caters to restaurants of various sizes. Features include kitchen management, franchise intranet, percent-compete tracking, quality control and more. FreshCheq allows...

All FreshCheq Reviews Apply filters

Browse FreshCheq Reviews

Rich A.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

This product has been great

Pros

It has simplified food safety for my staff and they are more willing to take time to complete the logs,

Cons

Would like to see a one touch button for when you are closed for holidays, weather or any other reason we are closed to shut off the log text warnings.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for taking time to review FreshCheq. We are so glad that you love it and that it makes your job easier and your restaurants safer. We are developing a simpler way to deactivate alerts for unexpected closings. We will keep you posted. Thanks for your business!

Chad H.

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Saves time and paper

Pros

This is a very effective way to report temps and inspect the restaurant throughout the day. It is efficient in comparison to pen and paper. Saves printing copies daily which saves ink and paper.

Cons

Corrections should be allowed at the end of the questionnaire. It would be nice if there was a list of fails at the end instead for having to do them individually as many products may have been in the same conditions.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Chad, for your feedback and we are thrilled to be a Buffalo Wild Wings partner.

Replied 13/09/2018
Preston P.

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

FreshCheq has made our operation run smoother!

the benefit comes from making sure that my store operates safely and at the highest level of profitibility

Pros

Tailoring it to our store needs! Helps the entire team more accountable in ensuring that our store is functioning the way it needs to be.

Cons

It would be nice to have an alerting program to remind of times becoming due. that way our staff could be held more accountable

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Preston,
We are so glad that FreshCheq is helping your store. FreshCheq has both an email and text alert feature built in. I will contact you directly to help you set it up.
We appreciate your business.
-Julie

Replied 12/12/2017

Top FreshCheq Alternatives

Brandon M.

Reviewed on 26/02/2018

Great website and app. Easy to use

Easy to use and track for daily use. Breaks down errors and can be used for seeing trends throughout the business

Pros

Easy to use and understand. Adminstration side is user friendly also. I've never had any problems with this product. Customer service is great if you do happen to have a problem

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Brandon! We are thrilled to have you as a FreshCheq customer.

Replied 27/02/2018
Lori M.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

By doing Freshcheq you are checking equipment and food to make sure the temperature is correct.

That are stores are checking tempertures daily. Knowing if we have issues in a store with tempertures.

Pros

Get email that the stores have done the tempertures. Know that a piece of equipment is not up to temperture. Managment is checking the equipment to make sure it is working correct. They have to re check if they put a ewrong number in.

Cons

Getting the stores to do the tempertures daily. They don't understand it important to do. Getting the stores to do it daily.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Lori!

Louis D.

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Generally very easy to use. Lags on occasion but not a huge deal.

Allows us more flexibility when completing line checks. Can get them done faster with more than one person as well.

Pros

The site is accessible on any phone, tablet, or pc and multiple people can work on the same check or different checks for the same period at once.

Cons

The site occasionally lags which can cause issues when on a touch screen phone like a temperature not being correct when you hit enter. Generally fixable by redoing last measure but can be annoying,

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Louis.

Replied 14/03/2018
Christine F.

Good tool

Pros

It is very user friendly to teach and use. Very friendly app that you can just use on your phone or a tablet to walk through the kitchen and check while doing it

Cons

Wish you could use the number pad vs touching the number because a bit sensitive . At times it is a bit lagging

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review!

Ryan W.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

From jump fresh cheq has been super simple. Easy to navigate without any training.

The only problem I've ever run into was on a holiday that we were closed I didn't think of shutting it off for the day but luckily I was in the store to fix it.

Pros

It's super simple and easy for all managers to use. The best thing is that it sends texts to all the managers when temps are not taken.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your FreshCheq review. We are so pleased that you love FreshCheq. We are developing a simpler way to deactivate alerts for unexpected closings or holidays. We will keep you posted.
Thanks for your business.

Scott B.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

use it everyday. helps us to keep food hot and fresh

Pros

simple to use and have ready to use for everyone in the store. easy to teacj nee employees to use so mulitple.people can do checks

Cons

having to connect to internet. sometimes the service is not the beat and then we need to go to a desktop computer

Response from FreshCheq

Thanks for your review, Scott!

Kyle J.

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Great idea

FreshCheq has grown and become more user friendly. I think there are still some design pieces that need to be implemented however they are responsive to change and I can see them ironing out those kinks.

Pros

It’s nice to have the ability to have shift tools in the palm of your hands especially as all aspects of a store seem to be turning that way.

Cons

The reporting system is slow and clunky. It is difficult to utilize the program to fix issues that you see as the only way to “pass” a selection is to say how you fixed it.

Response from FreshCheq

Kyle,

Thank you for your perspective. Our team would like to walk you through some new features that may improve your experience. Please contact me and I will set up a time to review reporting.

Also, we are working with Buffalo Wild Wings corporate to add some new features that will benefit all FreshCheq customers.

Our development pipeline is driven by our customers needs. I look forward to talking with you.

Jim

Replied 04/04/2019
Sandra D.

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

I have found it easy to keep and access all records pertaing to temperature checks.

Pros

The ability to quickly and accurately record temperatures. It is easy to use When it is necessary to recall a day or week .

Cons

I found that trying to chamge thw order of the logs was not as user friendly as i would have liked. The support was great.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Sandra. We are rolling out some improvements this month that will make the logs easier to change. We appreciate your business.

Replied 05/03/2018
Sarah B.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

its been great. super easy to use and keeps great track of the things we need to keep track of.

Pros

it is incredibly easy to use and manipulate to fit our needs. we are very pleased with how helpful it has been for our restaurants keeping track of temperatures so we can be sure we are being safe.

Cons

Sometimes our people struggle to get logged into the website temporarily. other than that, we are very pleased.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Sarah.

Eric K.

Reviewed on 23/02/2018

Great application and works great

Pros

I like that there is no paperwork to keep track of and I can have access to my records at anytime. Everything is stored in one spot and no going back through paperwork.

Cons

Not much wrong with the software except sometimes it freezes when you are halfway through a recording and have to start over again.

Response from FreshCheq

Thanks for your review, Eric!

Julie F.

We like fresh check

Pros

This product is very easy to operate and understand. We enjoy working with this app. We like the simplicity of entering the information. Thank you very much.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little too long to bring up the app. This could be an issue with our internet provider though.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your business and for your review, Julie!

Tiara W.

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

Great

Food safety is easy and my employees like grabbing the iPad to use it. It’s a great addition to my restaurant

Pros

Freshcheq makes food safety Easy. The text reminders for line checks are so convienent . It is user friendly and customizable .

Cons

Sometimes I run into snags and it won’t load !

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Tiara, for your review and for your business.

Replied 21/11/2018
Andre H.

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Great Application for Food Service

As said above it keeps a daily record of your check list. It is a real help

Pros

It is easy to use. I also like the fact that you have a daily record always at your finger tips.

Cons

There is not much that you cannot like. This is a great software.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Andre, for your review and for your business.

Replied 21/11/2018
Brandon P.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Easy to use, keeps managers on task when it comes to record keeping

Pros

the fresh cheq app takes away the guessing game/remembering game for my managers. the automatic text at dedicated times works amazing!

Cons

we have had a glitch when daylight savings time took place...pretty minimal honestly. I would assume that more features are coming and that will be nice when that happens!

Response from FreshCheq

We are so glad that you love FreshCheq and appreciate your review! We are happy to report that we have corrected the Daylight Savings glitch. We are planning to roll out a food waste log, food safety audit portal, and other cool checklists in 2018! Thank you for your business, Brandon!

Sharon M.

easy to use

No paper clutter and very easy to use.

Pros

I think the software is very easy to use for the most part. It is a great and easy way to keep track of things without the clutter of papers.

Cons

It's hard to fix mistakes when you type in the wrong temps like I seem to do with my fat fingers on my phone.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Sharon. There is an option to re-enter the previous temp if you make a mistake. We are happy to offer some re-training if you feel that you and your staff could benefit from it.

Replied 06/03/2018

Very Good So far, easy to use. Helps us deliver on food saftey

Allows us to hold people accountable and create data reports for a call to action.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the ease of use. When you have a lot of other things to do simple is always sweet.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is all the colors on the interface. I would clean it up so it is easier to read.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review.

Replied 05/03/2018
Charlene L.

Reviewed on 23/02/2018

I honestly had a hard time using this, I'm not to savvy with all the technology

Cons

As I said I'm not too savvy with much technology, I like writing things out. I had to get help to use this.

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Charlene, thank you for your honest review. I understand that change can be challenging, but automating restaurant processes is where restaurant management is heading. We offer ongoing training and would love to help you. Please reach out to me personally to schedule some training to make using FreshCheq easier for you.

Jacob B.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

The process is so much easier than the old paper forms we had to fill out daily!!

Pros

We love it's mobile on any smart device. It gives us the flexibility to have more than one person using the software at once. It is easier to access when getting audited from our home office or Ecosure.

Cons

Item descriptions need to be accessed on separate link.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your feedback, Jacob!

Rick B.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Good program, easy to execute.

Pros

Detailed analysis and easy to utilize, saves storage space with less paperwork and user friendly application.

Cons

Connectivity issues. Length of time to complete. Need to customize questions and delete items faster.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Rick.

Russ H.

Reviewed on 24/02/2018

Good concept to centralize manager tools, but takes too long to wait between items.

I like the features of centralized checklists.

Pros

All centralized anf able to completes tasks in one location as apposed to paper and several clipboards

Cons

Takes too long to go through and correct issues. Not able to pass information to others quickly. Device lag

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Russ. Thank you for your honest review of FreshCheq. We would love to help you work through the lag time you described. We experience instant transition between items, so there may be an issue with your device. I will reach out to you personally to learn more about why you are not pleased with our customer support, as we strive to respond immediately to every customer, even on nights and weekends.

Abby S.

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Fresh cheq

Pros

Great way to keep track of temps. Makes employees get temps done

Cons

Thought set up would be a lot easier. Also would like an app

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Abby! The new app is being released this month.

Replied 13/11/2018

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Freshcheq review

Overall it is a decent system and easy to use which means it makes it easy to train new team members on how to use the system

Pros

It is easy to use, and saves money on paper and toner.

Cons

Server tends to run slow at peak hours, would also be nice if we were able to set up reoccurring alerts to remind us to do start Freshcheq not just when we miss doing Freshcheq.

Response from FreshCheq

Thanks for your review.
FreshCheq currently has the capability to remind when logs are upcoming. Contact me and I am happy to show you how to set it up

Replied 14/11/2018