About FreshCheq

FreshCheq is a cloud-based task management solution that caters to restaurants of various sizes. Features include kitchen management, franchise intranet, percent-compete tracking, quality control and more. FreshCheq allows...

Browse FreshCheq Reviews

Justin

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Overall, using FreshCheq has been a positive experience and convenient addition to our...

It has eliminated all food safety log paperwork. Employees are now excited to use the tablet to do safety logs, rather than bummed about writing it down. Very convenient.

Pros

Eliminates all paper records.
Sends text message reminders to users.
Easy to configure to fit your business.
Multiple reports to break down check/log usage.
Portable functionality when used on a tablet.
Has a log streak feature to compete with other businesses.
Customer support is fast and reliable.

Cons

No app as of yet, so you have to use the web page. This can be troublesome on a tablet.
Requires internet access.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your feedback!

Tyler

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

So far we have had nothing but a great experience with Fresh Cheq. It is super easy to use.

It's a great way to record temperatures for safe food handling!!!

Pros

The ease of use is probably the best quality. It is super simple to record the temperatures, and also to change the things being temped when you need to. For a restaurant like ours that changes the menu every few weeks, this is very hellpful.

Cons

Really the only thing I don't like is that once you type in a temperature there is not a way to go back and change a temperature once recorded. When you have a perfect streak going, it's really sad when you accidentally hit a number a get a failing score for a 14 degree temp, when you meant to type in 144!

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Tyler, thank you for your review. The platform does not allow temps to be changed so that there is a higher level of accountability. But, we don't want you to lose your streaks, so if you type in a temp in error, just reach out to me and I will correct it so that your streak stays intact!

Kyle

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Great idea

FreshCheq has grown and become more user friendly. I think there are still some design pieces that need to be implemented however they are responsive to change and I can see them ironing out those kinks.

Pros

It’s nice to have the ability to have shift tools in the palm of your hands especially as all aspects of a store seem to be turning that way.

Cons

The reporting system is slow and clunky. It is difficult to utilize the program to fix issues that you see as the only way to “pass” a selection is to say how you fixed it.

Response from FreshCheq

Kyle,

Thank you for your perspective. Our team would like to walk you through some new features that may improve your experience. Please contact me and I will set up a time to review reporting.

Also, we are working with Buffalo Wild Wings corporate to add some new features that will benefit all FreshCheq customers.

Our development pipeline is driven by our customers needs. I look forward to talking with you.

Replied 04/04/2019

Top FreshCheq Alternatives

Spencer

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Restaurant

It’s really nice and fast. We used to have to do it all by paper and this is more convienant

Pros

No paper trail, allows multiple ppl to use it, can look up how many you have missed

Cons

Need to go on a computer to see what days you have missed. Hard to read it on the phone.
If you type in the wrong temp you can’t go back and change it

Response from FreshCheq

Spencer,

Thank you. We have added some functionality that will allow you to go back and make a change if you made a mistake on a temperature. Please contact us and we will walk you through the process.

Also, we are working on some other functionality we would like to show you. Please come see us at the Pizza Ranch Summer meeting. I am sure you will be impressed.

Replied 04/04/2019
Kirsten

We love FeshCheq!

Pros

FreshCheq is very easy to use and has been a huge help to get our temp logs more consistent. I love that it will send you a reminder text before you are about to miss a log. That helps ensure that they get done and are not forgotten about

Cons

If we close due to weather or a holiday, we have to manually turn every log off for the day and then go back and turn them on for the next week. Would be nice if there was an easier way to do that.

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Kirsten,
We are working on an easier way to close your logs for the day. We are rolling out some new features next month that I am confident you will be pleased with. Thank you for your review.

Kristin

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Great product, great value, great service!

FreshCheq has been a great addition to our restaurant. It keeps all of my managers focused on food safety and makes it quick and simple to make food safety a priority.

Pros

FreshCheq has helped us stay consistent with our temperature logs and food safety. Since starting to use FreshCheq we have not missed a single temperature issue on our food safety evaluations.

Cons

The new app solved all of the issues we had. The new app makes using FreshCheq even more simple.

Response from FreshCheq

Kristin,

Thank you for the awesome review. FYI, FreshCheq will be at the Pizza Ranch summer meeting. Please stop by so we can introduce you to some new features.

Replied 17/04/2019
Chad

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Saves time and paper

Pros

This is a very effective way to report temps and inspect the restaurant throughout the day. It is efficient in comparison to pen and paper. Saves printing copies daily which saves ink and paper.

Cons

Corrections should be allowed at the end of the questionnaire. It would be nice if there was a list of fails at the end instead for having to do them individually as many products may have been in the same conditions.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Chad, for your feedback and we are thrilled to be a Buffalo Wild Wings partner.

Replied 13/09/2018
Callie

useful for accountability.

making sure i am able to hold my managers accountable for what temps they are recording and making sure they are checking each item.

Pros

I love how organized it keeps us. both with making sure they are getting done but also accountability so they are true numbers. being able to see exactly who did what check at what time helps us be more accurate.

Cons

it is clunky on tablets. Especially when setting up lists and what order you would like to view items. Also hard to pull items off your list. we have LTOs that are constantly moving and getting any line check changed is a hassle.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Callie, for your review!

Liddia

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

It is very easy to use when I'm at work.

Organizational skills, getting the crew to understand business, keeping everything for records, and able to keep things in one place to find it easier.

Pros

It helps my company stay organized and helps us keep up with inventory and task that need to be completed.

Cons

Sometimes it has a mind of its own and starts glitching and putting stuff that I didn't put. And I wish it had some way of notifying you on when it's time to do something on your to-do list.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Liddia. FreshCheq does have a text alert feature that will alert you when a checklist or log is due. Please speak with your manager or owner and request that you receive text alerts.

Replied 05/03/2018
nancy

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

Pros

Better than paper logs and it is quick and easy to use

Cons

There nothing that i dont like about this

Response from FreshCheq

Nancy,

Thank you. I don't think we could ask for more. We are always open to your opinion and thoughts. look for more functionality in the near future.

Replied 29/03/2019
Shawn
  • Industry: Hospitality

Works well

Pros

Freshcheq is a great program that saves greatly on the amount of paper used on a daily basis. Before freshcheq, we used almost a half a scane on paper printing our check lists. Now I can easily walk my line with my checklist in hand.

Cons

I wish that I had more access to make changes to the setup of my check lists. I also wish we could organize it better.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Shawn, for your feedback. I think you will be pleased with the new features and checklists that are being released within the month.

Christine

Good tool

Pros

It is very user friendly to teach and use. Very friendly app that you can just use on your phone or a tablet to walk through the kitchen and check while doing it

Cons

Wish you could use the number pad vs touching the number because a bit sensitive . At times it is a bit lagging

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review!

Ryan

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

From jump fresh cheq has been super simple. Easy to navigate without any training.

The only problem I've ever run into was on a holiday that we were closed I didn't think of shutting it off for the day but luckily I was in the store to fix it.

Pros

It's super simple and easy for all managers to use. The best thing is that it sends texts to all the managers when temps are not taken.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your FreshCheq review. We are so pleased that you love FreshCheq. We are developing a simpler way to deactivate alerts for unexpected closings or holidays. We will keep you posted.
Thanks for your business.

Replied 06/12/2017
Sharon

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

Easy to cheq

Easier to track & less wasted paper.

Pros

This program is so easy to use from the start. It’s easy to show to new staff members.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little while to go to next section but I think it may have to do with our internet.

Response from FreshCheq

Thanks for your review, Sharon.

Replied 29/10/2018
Rachel

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Great!

Pros

We love FreshCheq. It completely changed the way we keep our temp logs. The reminders keep us accountable, which is wonderful. It’s great being able to see what our food waste is costing us, down to the penny.

Cons

The only downfall is that we’re unable to go in and edit a temperature after it’s been entered if someone hits the wrong button.

Response from FreshCheq

Thanks for you review and your business!

Replied 13/11/2018

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

The vendor has been great to work with and the platform has been perfect for our needs as a...

Pros

I love the visibility it gives over our multi unit restaurants and helps hold our management teams accountable.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your business and great review, Chris. We look forward to working with your restaurants in the upcoming year.

Replied 11/12/2017
Bruce

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

Easy and efficient

Saves time by keeping the records in one place.

Pros

The reminders are the best feature. They help to insure our products are the appropriate temperature to ensure safety.

Cons

The app logs you out fairly quickly. Our people use their mobile devices with the program and they have to log in each time with their user name and password. Having a remember me on this device option would solve this issue.

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your business. Our User's manual that is emailed to every user has instructions for adding an icon onto any smart device which will keep users logged in for 8 hours. You should only have to log in once per day. I will contact you directly to make sure that your employees are using FreshCheq in the most efficient way and not having to waste time logging in.

Replied 12/12/2017
Eric

Reviewed on 23/02/2018

Great application and works great

Pros

I like that there is no paperwork to keep track of and I can have access to my records at anytime. Everything is stored in one spot and no going back through paperwork.

Cons

Not much wrong with the software except sometimes it freezes when you are halfway through a recording and have to start over again.

Response from FreshCheq

Thanks for your review, Eric!

Kyle

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

It's good

Pros

I like not having to store temp logs on paper

Cons

If you make a mistake there is no way to go back and fix it

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review and for your business!

Replied 14/11/2018
Dana

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Fresh cheq review

Pros

It makes it a very simple process for temping products. I can just enter it in my phone and go on about my day.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about it. Everything truly is wonderful with this software

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Dana. We appreciate your business.

Replied 05/11/2018
Greg
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Ease of use

Pros

Ease of setting up different storage areas. Not complicated.

Cons

Cant really say I have any cons. It functions great

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Greg! We appreciate your business.

Replied 01/11/2018
Sharon

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

easy to use

No paper clutter and very easy to use.

Pros

I think the software is very easy to use for the most part. It is a great and easy way to keep track of things without the clutter of papers.

Cons

It's hard to fix mistakes when you type in the wrong temps like I seem to do with my fat fingers on my phone.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Sharon. There is an option to re-enter the previous temp if you make a mistake. We are happy to offer some re-training if you feel that you and your staff could benefit from it.

Replied 06/03/2018
Katie

Better organized

Pros

Easier for organization and no papers to print out. Everything in one place. Don't have to worry about food on the papers that were spilled. Can tell if staff is doing them from home.

Cons

We would sometimes accidentally put in the wrong number and we were not able to go back.
Staff would forget to charge ipad and would forget completely to do it.

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Katie! Thanks for your review.

Andre

Reviewed on 26/02/2018

Love this program. It helps keep all daily needs organized

Organization. I am a very detailed person so this helps me and my team be more detailed.

Pros

The ability to edit, the alarms keep you on top of what you are needing to do. I also like the fact that you can have the whole team included in the program feature.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Andre! We are thrilled to have you as a FreshCheq customer.

Jacob

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

The process is so much easier than the old paper forms we had to fill out daily!!

Pros

We love it's mobile on any smart device. It gives us the flexibility to have more than one person using the software at once. It is easier to access when getting audited from our home office or Ecosure.

Cons

Item descriptions need to be accessed on separate link.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your feedback, Jacob!